• Collin Everett

★★★★½ Added by Collin Everett

Sexy Beast is a phenomenal film with spectacular acting, lighting, directing, editing, etc. I was completely drawn in after the first shot, and it only got better as the film went on. Some scenes are super dark with harsh red lighting that looks so amazing. Ben Kingsley's acting is so much fun to watch, every scene he is in is filled with tense awkwardness and so much intimidation. Watch this movie if u haven't. I can't praise it enough.

• Tom Prankerd

★★★★ Watched by Tom Prankerd 23 Jan, 2016

Jonathan Glazer's eye for visuals and the ably performed group of characters makes this so much more than another awful British gangster film. Lyrical, philosophical and styish, plus Ben Kingsley's Don Logan is incredibly unsettling.

• grace barber-plentie

★★★ Watched by grace barber-plentie 03 Feb, 2016 2

Good editing, good Ben Kingsley, not enough heist for an alleged "heist" film.

One thing I will say: v interesting to see a film that follows my "white guys can get away with anything" theory (see here: realtoreelreviews.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/whiplash-and-surprising-importance-of.html) but with a working class rather than middle class character. Did I root for him more because of his class status?

• Jtamarru

★★★½ Added by Jtamarru

Tiene un comienzo muy potente esta película de criminales ingleses retirados en Almería. Se nota bastante la alargada sombra de Guy Ritchie. De hecho, si este la hubiese dirigido en sus buenos tiempos, seguramente nos encontraríamos ante una película redonda.

Cabe destacar las magnificas actuaciones, que le valieron a Bene Kingsley una nominación al Oscar.

• Alex Miller

★★★★★ Added by Alex Miller

A vicious neo noir that pulses like a cracked-out Energizer Bunny.

• jcal

★★★★★ Added by jcal

Feel good, non sentimental crime film that flips the heist genre on it's head.

People say, "Don't you miss it, Gal?" I say, "What, England? Nah. Fucking place. It's a dump. Don't make me laugh. Grey, grimy, sooty. What a shit hole. What a toilet. Every cunt with a long face shuffling about, moaning, all worried. No thanks, not for me." They say, "What's it like, then, Spain?" And I'll say, "It's hot. Hot. Oh, it's fucking hot. Too hot? Not for me, I love it."

• Scott Thompson

★★★★ Watched by Scott Thompson 13 Jan, 2016

"******* ****, **** ***. ***** **** ****" - Don Logan

• Owen Schalk

★★★★½ Added by Owen Schalk

A gangster film starring Ray Winstone and Ben Kingsley and Ian McShane, directed by the guy who would later make Under the Skin.

It's everything you could hope for.

• YI JIAN

★★★★½ Watched by YI JIAN 12 Jan, 2016 5

Oh, bloody hell. Fockin' lunacy. Fockin' sexy.

Angry blokes swearin'.

cursin'

yellin'

boilin'

roastin'

swelterin'

Some crazy cunt in a stupid bunny suit, some in stupid man suits. Oh, bloody hell. Ghandi swears like a God. Ohhhh. Ridiculous. Tremendous. Fantastic. Fan-dabby-dozy ---- tastic.

• Bubs

★½ Watched by Bubs 07 Jan, 2016

Rötöshommat taakseen jättänyt möhömaha pakotetaan mukaan yhteen keikkaan.

Pari raakaa kohtausta, that’s it.

• Rohan Rice

★★★★½ Watched by Rohan Rice 05 Jan, 2016

(2016 - will start trying to write something with my ratings now. See them more as observations rather than reviews though).

I'd only ever seen Under the Skin from Glazer's filmography, which is actually one of my favourite films of all time (5 Stars).

It's interesting to watch this after watching UtS, knowing it preceded it. The two communicate more than one may give Glazer credit for. Both films supersede their genre, with SB often billed as a crime/gangster thriller,…

• Mdelrio

Added by Mdelrio

fun, l'esordio di Glazer (Under the skin)