• Big Tim

★★★★★ Rewatched by Big Tim 25 Nov, 2015

Ruthless, stylish, suspenseful, cool. It still crackles with a fiery energy every time I watch it and it's great for a bit of fun when you're in the mood for something short, sweet and to-the-point.

• joeld

★★★★ Added by joeld

Film #26 Scavenger Hunt November
    Task #14 Film Featuring British Gangsters

Ben Kingsley is freaking amazing in this movie. I'm not quite sure this movie would be as good without Ben Kingsley. It really doesn't seem like anything happens in the movie and the pacing can be a bit slow, but Ben Kingsley's role makes up for all that. I was actually a little bit scared of his character while watching this movie. I would probably give the movie…

• Kevin Shields

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kevin Shields 10 Feb, 2015

One of the best films ever made. Intense, very funny and very intelligent. It's the perfect script and dialogue accompanied by some amazing a stylish filming techniques. Ben Kingsley is at his career best here I think, he should have won the Oscar for best supporting actor. Outstanding. This is a film-school rolled into about 88 mins that can teach you all about pacing, writing, acting, directing and cinematography. My highest recommendation.

• Stu Kirwan

★★★★ Watched by Stu Kirwan 22 Nov, 2015

100% show-stealing by Sir Ben.

Fuck Danny Baldwin. Kingsley took him to fuckin' acting school.

• Ben Trout

★★★★ Rewatched by Ben Trout 20 Oct, 2015

Ian. McShane. This is a whole 'nother trip now that I've seen Deadwood.

Still great. Still unnerving.

• Aaron Allard

★★★★★ Rewatched by Aaron Allard 05 Nov, 2015

'If there's a will and there is a fucking will, there's a way.'

I give this film the Oscar for tannest Winston!

Also, it just fucking kicks ass...style, script, the sheer force of Kingsley! It has everything you need to knock your block off!

• Louis Hill

★★★★ Watched by Louis Hill 01 Nov, 2015

A wonderfully idiosyncratic and low-key gangster film from Jonathan Glazer with some menacing performances.

• thegambler

★★★½ Added by thegambler

Guess I'm the only one who found McShane more menacing than Kingsley.

• Gemma lou

★★★½ Rewatched by Gemma lou 25 Oct, 2015

Another movie its lucky I really enjoy its dark humour as I have to listen to my boyfriend quoting the legend that is Ben Kingsley.

• Eric Jackman

★★★ Watched by Eric Jackman 21 Oct, 2015

I lost interest.

• Alex Kolpan

★★★★★ Watched by Alex Kolpan 20 Oct, 2015

The best gangster thriller I've ever seen. Jonathan Glazer, please don't take another ten years to drop a movie.

• Jack Gattanella

★★★★½ Added by Jack Gattanella

I find myself, at least every other day, thinking about this movie in some way or some line, particularly Kingsley.