• Nangalonious

★★★★½ Watched by Nangalonious 02 Oct, 2015

I've put off watching this film for 15 years. I remember it getting plaudits when it came out but at that time i had become fed up with the slew of mockney gangster films that appeared following the success of "Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels" of which i assumed this was one. Over the years it's popped up on T.V. and i considered watching it only to always opt for something else. My friend had this film on him today…

• Caleb

★★★½ Added by Caleb

I had a really hard time understanding the words that came out of their mouth...and I'm typically pretty good at that.

• Steven Cohen

★★★★ Rewatched by Steven Cohen 25 Jun, 2015

While it's easy to say Ben Kinglsey walks away with Sexy Beast, that reality can only fully be established by strong, subtle performances from the rest of the cast, who are similarly impressive in less showy ways.

• tikishirts

★★★½ Watched by tikishirts 20 Sep, 2015

bizarre movie. it's enjoyable but it's weird. it's not the kind of weird that someone like david lynch is known for, but it's the kind of weirdness that makes you go 'eh?' every five minutes.

• AlexRossi

★★½ Watched by AlexRossi 11 Jul, 2015

Although an entertaining film, unlike "Under the Skin", "Sexy Beast" was not a memorable experience for me.

• Patrick Mullen

★★★★ Watched by Patrick Mullen 09 Sep, 2015 2

A weird but very well acted crime drama. Ben Kingsley is amazing.

• Ryan Ebling

★★★★ Rewatched by Ryan Ebling 05 Sep, 2015

Sexy Beast was made alongside a glut of flashy, stylized British gangster movies. When I first saw it, it didn't set itself apart, for some reason. The performances are amazing. Ben Kingsley is completely unexpected. His character isn't tremendously unique, but Kingsley's choices make him a truly unsettling and unpredictable villain.

• DlrslyDrvn

★★★★½ Added by DlrslyDrvn

Thought he could escape his past...Ben Kingsley set him straight.

• Ellen Andrews

★★★★ Watched by Ellen Andrews 05 Sep, 2015

Faackin' 'ell, that Sir fuckin' Ben fuckin' Kingsley ain't 'alf a good fuckin' actor ain't he? The fuckin' cunt.

• Lenny Rosbach

★★★★½ Added by Lenny Rosbach 1

Oi, this was a fackin good film mate. Filled wiv fackin cockney cunts, innit? Ray fackin Winstone and Ben fackin Kingsley, wiv a splash of Ian McShane, them geezers are some proppa good fackin actors, innit? This was a stylish fackin flick, ya ponce. I fackin luv'd it bruv. Funny, tense and brilliantly crafted by Jonathan Glazer (also directed "Under The Skin").

Don (Ben Kingsley) : "Shut up, cunt. You louse. You got some fuckin' neck ain't you. Retired? Fuck…

• Colleen

★★★★ Rewatched by Colleen 16 Oct, 2013

Whilst talking about movies I like with my roommate, he realized that I had to see Sexy Beast, he knew I would love it. He was correct! This movie is ridiculous and I love it. I got to see it a second time as part of Greg Proops' series at Cinefamily. It was way cool getting a little Sexy Beast 101 from Proops. If you haven't seen this, please get on top of that right now. It is bizarrely magnificent.

• gestell

★★★½ Watched by gestell 30 Aug, 2015

"Criminals are funny" type of movie. You know like Thursday, Killing Zoe, Guy Ritchie's films, Breaking Bad et cetera. Something entertaining that moviegoer-without-perversions would like. "Noice movie, yay".

Released through Fox Searchlight, 21st Fox Century's subsidiary for independent and foreign films.