• Corey Hiscocks

★★★★ Watched by Corey Hiscocks 23 May, 2015

Pretty wild stuff. You really can see Under the Skin from here...

• Taylor Kimmett

★★★★ Watched by Taylor Kimmett 22 May, 2015

I wish i was retired even more now. Ben Kingsley as Don is like a stream of consciousness of vitriol and expletives. I don't recall seeing Winstone in anything before, but I doubt I'll forget him in this. Top notch performances all around.

• JPC

★★★★½ Watched by JPC 17 May, 2015

El 95% de actores interpretando el papel de Ben Kingsley en "Sexy Beast" resultarían pasados de vueltas, histriónicos, exagerados y al final, risibles. Kingsley simplemente acojona.

• Mr. Tattsyrup

★★★★★ Rewatched by Mr. Tattsyrup 20 Apr, 2015

"No, you are going to have to turn this opportunity yes!"
    -Don Logan

95%

• Alexander Heff

★★★★½ Added by Alexander Heff

Brutal gangster Don Logan recruits "retired" safecracker Gal for one last job, but it goes badly for both of them.

I remember there being a decent amount of 90's British gangster movies and this was and still is the best of that bunch.

Jonathan Glazer is such a unique and interesting film-maker and he has this amazing knack for polluting the normal with strange, intriguing imagery and ideas. This film has an incredible tension where you know that things are…

• anne_f_

★★★★★ Rewatched by anne_f_ 10 May, 2015

Yesterday I discovered that my eldest son had never seen Sexy Beast so as a good parent standing by Waterstones' dvd counter I was able to buy the film and fill that astonishing gap in his film viewing. It's a film that deserves to be in any list of best British films (well perhaps not a list of best British films for children) as everything about it is so very well done.

• Jack H

★★★★½ Watched by Jack H 10 May, 2015

I was tipped off to this film by way of the "Don Logan Effect" wherein one performance completely overshadows everything. Suffice to say, this is an excellent summary of Sexy Beast and I don't have any problem with that.

• Moe Acharki

★★ Watched by Moe Acharki 10 May, 2015

A visually beautiful film but sadly it isn't an interesting film which lets it down. However it does offer a phenomenal performance by Ben Kingsley.

19% out of 100%

• circumaural

★★★★½ Watched by circumaural 07 May, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Jonathan Glazer is one of my favorite directors. I didn't know anything about this movie, I'm glad I watched it. I'd put it next to Snatch and Dom Hemingway, but this one is more serious. A man with a history of violence experiences his past come back to mess with his hard-earned, comfortable retirement. I could feel the fear and dread as these ex-gangsters who've 'left the life' face the threat that looms over them with inevitability, and the unsavory…

• Adam Moody

★★★★ Rewatched by Adam Moody 07 May, 2015

We could always use more stylish, wildly entertaining, and inventively strange movies like this.

• ChinOfTarantino

★★★★ Watched by ChinOfTarantino 03 May, 2015

Strikes a balance between style and sophistication.

• Alejandro

★★★★ Rewatched by Alejandro 02 May, 2015

Me gustaría mucho saber qué tipo de psicopatía padece el que escribió los diálogos de Don Logan, o si es que la abuela de Ben Kingsley (musa de Ben para este papel) era tal hija de la grandísima puta.
    Also, 21 cunts, 115 fucks y el cockney accent más chungo que he oido en mi puta vida.