• ChinOfTarantino

★★★★ Watched by ChinOfTarantino 03 May, 2015

Strikes a balance between style and sophistication.

• Alejandro

★★★★ Rewatched by Alejandro 02 May, 2015

Me gustaría mucho saber qué tipo de psicopatía padece el que escribió los diálogos de Don Logan, o si es que la abuela de Ben Kingsley (musa de Ben para este papel) era tal hija de la grandísima puta.
    Also, 21 cunts, 115 fucks y el cockney accent más chungo que he oido en mi puta vida.

• Reece Leonard

★★★★ Watched by Reece Leonard 01 May, 2015

Thrilling from start to finish, "Sexy Beast" showcases all of the visual magic and tricky camerawork Glazer has honed in later works and features an exceptional, Oscar-worthy performance from Ben Kingsley.

• Justin Waddell

★★★★ Watched by Justin Waddell 30 Apr, 2015

Wow. Never saw this one. Unique. Great performance by Sir(i) Ben Kingsley. Watched two great Johnathan Glazer movies lately. Guess I gotta watch Birth.

• James Kujawa

★★★ Watched by James Kujawa 27 Apr, 2015

Slightly better than average, but it didn't wow me.

• BeetleEye66

★★★★★ Watched by BeetleEye66 25 Apr, 2015

you could fry an egg on this movie

• jimmyjone

★★★½ Added by jimmyjone 1

At first I was like "ho-hum, another guy pulled out of retirement to do one last job" but then the guy keeps saying no to Ben Kingsley (his old boss) and Ben Kingsley just loses his shit for about 20 minutes or so. It's absolutely magnificent how Ben Kingsley just shouts at this guy for so long. Kingsley just shouts and shouts until the guy's wife finally shoots him.

• Matt Curione

★★★★½ Watched by Matt Curione 23 Apr, 2015

Oh wow, what a delightfully off the wall directorial debut from Jonathan Glazer.

Featuring an ace cast that includes the much ballyhooed Ben Kingsley, everything from the visuals to the screenplay are on fire from start to finish. Basically a reverse 'Thief', Ray Winstone plays a retired gangster who is forced to do one final job by a former associate, the completely insane and unhinged Ben Kingsley.

This is a pure British gangster film and one of the best I've…

• Dæl Ryian ßxott Hu'ciŋson :Born In the Year of the Samurai

★★★½ Added by Dæl Ryian ßxott Hu'ciŋson :Born In the Year of the Samurai

I'll say it without Don Logan this movie is just another caper, so thankfully we have this charismatic sociopathic Brit

• Ulf Kjell Gür

★★★ Added by Ulf Kjell Gür

So the Glazer project "Gangster No.1" became this "Sexy Beast". Leaving the No.1 - film to another brit director.
    To me, "SB" is very much Harold Pinter. With an aroma of Shakespeare. Introducing characters who thinks out loud, subjected to controlled anger and a clear pecking order. It is just as uncomfortable as in real life. Deserted, distressed and predestined. And sexy and erected.
    Ray Winstone's "Gal" - sizzling redness in the scorching sun. Ben Kingsley's "Don" - total lack…

• Jenn

★★ Watched by Jenn 12 Apr, 2015

what even is this

• unclenugget

Watched by unclenugget 11 Apr, 2015 1

When I was 8 years old I remember taping "Karma Police" off rage and I would watch it often. (oh pre internet) I couldn't understand the music too well back then but I liked the clip for whatever reason.
    The point of that random fact is that it was cool for me to learn that the director of that clip also directed a pretty cool first feature with this one. I'd never enjoyed watching Ben Kingsley that much, the editing…