• anne_f_

★★★★★ Rewatched by anne_f_ 10 May, 2015

Yesterday I discovered that my eldest son had never seen Sexy Beast so as a good parent standing by Waterstones' dvd counter I was able to buy the film and fill that astonishing gap in his film viewing. It's a film that deserves to be in any list of best British films (well perhaps not a list of best British films for children) as everything about it is so very well done.

• BeetleEye66

★★★★★ Watched by BeetleEye66 25 Apr, 2015

you could fry an egg on this movie

• Mr. Tattsyrup

★★★★★ Rewatched by Mr. Tattsyrup 20 Apr, 2015

"No, you are going to have to turn this opportunity yes!"
    -Don Logan

95%

• tjskrzat

★★★★★ Watched by tjskrzat 02 Apr, 2015

I don’t even know where to start. So here’s a list of all the most beautifully despicable (thanks for the best word for this film, Keith) aspects of this film. Fragmented, and stream of consciousness (since any sort of fluid description of this film might do it injustice).

One. F-ing Ben Kinsley. Down to his twitching jaw, this man does not appear to act or portray the character of Don Logan at all. He simply IS the most appalling single-minded…

• Chris

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chris 03 Apr, 2015

I love how short this movie is! A long run time isn't something that particularly bothers me but having a movie tell a full story in about an hour and 25 minutes is amazing.

Ben Kingsley is a psychotic asshole but he's fucking great. He verbally abuses people throughout the whole movie. And it's hard not to laugh even though so many of those scenes are so tense. A really impressive, stylish, entertaining, and confident directorial debut for Glazer.

• Alex Miller

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Miller 02 Mar, 2015

Such a great film. Love the surreal touch Glazer puts on this, it is a match made in heaven.

(apologies for the laziness in my writing lately [/lazier than usual]).

• Alex Miller

★★★★★ Watched by Alex Miller 23 Feb, 2015 1

Holy fuck. Probably the best "one last job" movie I've ever seen. There needs to be more art-house neo-noir films in the world (and if there are, feel free to leave a comment as a recommendation).

• Thorin Mofdaat

★★★★★ Added by Thorin Mofdaat

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Didn't quite get to see it in the ol' big house, but it would've looked real good there. It's the story about a bloke who used to do some questionable things living with his wife who use to do some questionable things trying to live a non-questionable life, then Ben Kingsley shows up twice and flips out, and then gets fucked up, dude. Then the bloke does a job for Teddy (aka Mr. Big Man) and Teddy says "Do I…

• anne_f_

★★★★★ Rewatched by anne_f_ 01 Jan, 2015 2

There are films that one knows are amazing, but which continue to amaze even when rewatching in full knowledge of what is going to happen. Sexy Beast is very much one of those films. The performances of all the characters are so completely believable, and some of them are extremely scary - one would not want to meet them in a dark alleyway at any time of day, let alone late at night. This is one the best 'feature film directorial' debuts ever, and I'm sure will continue to scare the life out of me!

• Big Tim

★★★★★ Rewatched by Big Tim 06 Dec, 2014

Part 2 of my Jonathan Glazer Saturday Night Double-Dip

Balls to the wall fun. That's what this movie represents, to me. It's a stylish crime drama that's not your typical gangster flick. It's got a little bit of heart and a whole lot of humor to it that makes it as rewatchable as they come.

Of course, it begins and ends with Don Logan, played by the awesome Ben Kingsley. He's only present for, oh, like 25-30 minutes in this…

• Julius

★★★★★ Watched by Julius 09 Nov, 2014

Hilarious, tight, beautiful. I love how Kingsley is announced as a man you can't say no to, and then that turns out to be true, because he just keeps shouting yes at you.

• Grooveman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Grooveman 18 Oct, 2014

"You're the problem! You're the fucking problem you fucking Dr White honkin' jam-rag fucking spunk-bubble! I'm telling you Aitch you keep looking at me I'll put you in the fucking ground, promise you!"

Ben Kingsly based Don off of his grandmother. That's amazing!!