• Aaron Allard

★★★★★ Rewatched by Aaron Allard 05 Nov, 2015

'If there's a will and there is a fucking will, there's a way.'

I give this film the Oscar for tannest Winston!

Also, it just fucking kicks ass...style, script, the sheer force of Kingsley! It has everything you need to knock your block off!

• Alex Kolpan

★★★★★ Watched by Alex Kolpan 20 Oct, 2015

The best gangster thriller I've ever seen. Jonathan Glazer, please don't take another ten years to drop a movie.

• Michael Bishay

★★★★★ Watched by Michael Bishay 27 Jul, 2015

No. No no no no no no no no no! No! No no no no no no no no no no no no no! No!

• Derek Diercksmeier

★★★★★ Watched by Derek Diercksmeier 25 Jul, 2015 3

Fucking fantastic. British gangsters as done by an artist with Under The Skin in the back of his mind. All of the performances here are absolutely superb. Ray Winstone is riveting. Ben Kingsley is explosive. Amanda Redman captivated me. Sexy Beast combines the various pleasures of your typical British gangster film with the visionary style of Jonathan Glazer. It's one of the most accomplished debuts we'll ever see.

• Kevin Shields

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kevin Shields 10 Feb, 2015

One of the best films ever made. Intense, very funny and very intelligent. It's the perfect script and dialogue accompanied by some amazing a stylish filming techniques. Ben Kingsley is at his career best here I think, he should have won the Oscar for best supporting actor. Outstanding. This is a film-school rolled into about 88 mins that can teach you all about pacing, writing, acting, directing and cinematography. My highest recommendation.

• Matthew Monagle

★★★★★ Watched by Matthew Monagle 05 Jul, 2015

Ben Kingsley proves that acting, like any job, comes with long periods of half-assing and short bursts of brilliance. (HBOGo)

• Dave

★★★★★ Watched by Dave 01 Jul, 2015

what's better than this? guys being dudes. ben kingsley is like a giant phallus, berating complacent males to step up to task, and do men's work.

'i'm retired.'

jonathan glazer's next two films are about women coping with all sorts of internal and external forces coming down on them like a wile e. coyote anvil drop. who pulls the trigger in this film too? in teorema, the visitor sends an entire family into near insanity, women and men alike are…

• anne_f_

★★★★★ Rewatched by anne_f_ 10 May, 2015

Yesterday I discovered that my eldest son had never seen Sexy Beast so as a good parent standing by Waterstones' dvd counter I was able to buy the film and fill that astonishing gap in his film viewing. It's a film that deserves to be in any list of best British films (well perhaps not a list of best British films for children) as everything about it is so very well done.

• BeetleEye66

★★★★★ Watched by BeetleEye66 25 Apr, 2015

you could fry an egg on this movie

• IShotJR

★★★★★ Rewatched by IShotJR 20 Apr, 2015

"No, you are going to have to turn this opportunity yes!"
    -Don Logan

• tj skrzat

★★★★★ Watched by tj skrzat 02 Apr, 2015

I don’t even know where to start. So here’s a list of all the most beautifully despicable (thanks for the best word for this film, Keith) aspects of this film. Fragmented, and stream of consciousness (since any sort of fluid description of this film might do it injustice).

One. F-ing Ben Kinsley. Down to his twitching jaw, this man does not appear to act or portray the character of Don Logan at all. He simply IS the most appalling single-minded…

• Alex Miller

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Miller 02 Mar, 2015

Such a great film. Love the surreal touch Glazer puts on this, it is a match made in heaven.

(apologies for the laziness in my writing lately [/lazier than usual]).