• Joel

★★★★★ Watched by Joel 14 Apr, 2016 4

This is the first-time viewing that I desperately needed today, and few experiences following this in the immediate (and probably extended) future will live up to it. A sleek and stylish and visually dynamic genre effort? Sure, why not. And how, screenwriters Louis Mellis and David Scinto ask, about we throw in one of the most complex studies of the attitude and power dynamics of crime you'll ever see? That's where this film is elevated far above the potentially paper-thin…

• Sean Scott

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sean Scott 30 Mar, 2016

Lyrical and real, tense and surprising. The greatest example of a first movie. An astounding performance by all. A script that cooks and cooks and cooks until it's perfect.

This is British filmmaking at its finest. It's a very smart affair where the best that can be said for it, is that everybody knows exactly what this movie is and they all pull together to make it something truly unique and special.

It is by far, on of my favourites.

• Alex Lovendahl

★★★★★ Watched by Alex Lovendahl 14 Feb, 2016

Totally remarkable. Glazer's debut is perhaps one of the best paced deconstructions of the entire "edge crime" pocket genre I founded this triad to celebrate. Winstone and Kingsley stand out most, but all the performances are solid; truly, it's the fantastic editing and intelligent writing that make this obvious as one of the best of the genre.

• Alex Miller

★★★★★ Added by Alex Miller

A vicious neo noir that pulses like a cracked-out Energizer Bunny.

• jcal

★★★★★ Added by jcal

Feel good, non sentimental crime film that flips the heist genre on it's head.

People say, "Don't you miss it, Gal?" I say, "What, England? Nah. Fucking place. It's a dump. Don't make me laugh. Grey, grimy, sooty. What a shit hole. What a toilet. Every cunt with a long face shuffling about, moaning, all worried. No thanks, not for me." They say, "What's it like, then, Spain?" And I'll say, "It's hot. Hot. Oh, it's fucking hot. Too hot? Not for me, I love it."

• Andrew Baek

★★★★★ Watched by Andrew Baek 29 Dec, 2015

I wonder if Ralph Fiennes watched and re-watched Ben Kingsley in this film while preparing for "In Bruges". Their inflections, mannerisms, and evocations of terrors are practically identical.

Btw I need to sit through more British cinema so that I won't need bloody subtitles to understand what the bloody hell everyone is saying. This is not the first time.

• Samuel

★★★★★ Watched by Samuel 21 Dec, 2015

Glazer pls make movies more often.

• Juan Bacaro

★★★★★ Rewatched by Juan Bacaro 19 Dec, 2015 2

Masterpis. Merece más popularidad. Brillante film. Brillate cámara. Brillantes actuaciones. Innovadora, sorpresiva y divertidísima película sobre mafiosos.

Gran guión, enorme OST y una de las mejores actuaciones de Ben Kingsley en toda su vida.

• Steve Rogers

★★★★★ Rewatched by Steve Rogers 30 Nov, 2015

This movie is fantastic and frightening! Don Logan (Ben Kingsley) is the ultimate in scary bad real gangster).

Hard to believe it's Jonathan Glazer's debut - this is a thrill ride with class and style. Listen to the soundtrack!

• Big Tim

★★★★★ Rewatched by Big Tim 25 Nov, 2015

Ruthless, stylish, suspenseful, cool. It still crackles with a fiery energy every time I watch it and it's great for a bit of fun when you're in the mood for something short, sweet and to-the-point.

• Aaron Allard

★★★★★ Rewatched by Aaron Allard 05 Nov, 2015

'If there's a will and there is a fucking will, there's a way.'

I give this film the Oscar for tannest Winston!

Also, it just fucking kicks ass...style, script, the sheer force of Kingsley! It has everything you need to knock your block off!

• Alex Kolpan

★★★★★ Watched by Alex Kolpan 20 Oct, 2015

The best gangster thriller I've ever seen. Jonathan Glazer, please don't take another ten years to drop a movie.