• Hollie Horror

★★★★★ Watched by Hollie Horror 09 Aug, 2014 8

According to IMDb:

"Ben Kingsley claims the character of Don Logan is largely based on his grandmother."

I was going to rate this four stars, but fuck it...have five. RIP Ben's Grandma.

• Selmara

★★★★★ Added by Selmara

χανομαι

• Noronen

★★★★★ Rewatched by Noronen 20 Jul, 2014

I just wanna eat calamari with Gal Dove.

• Cameron Rice

★★★★★ Watched by Cameron Rice 12 Jul, 2014

Watched for filmographies podcast.

• mikewalker19

★★★★★ Watched by mikewalker19 07 Jul, 2014

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

• Jamie Sherwood

★★★★★ Watched by Jamie Sherwood 02 Jun, 2014

To look at the film on the shelf, as I did many years ago, I saw another British gangster film with Ray Winstone... and I wasn't that fussed either way. But as the years went on, and people started telling me to watch it, I eventually relented and bought it. But still, it took a further 9 months for me to get round to watching it, and all because I thought it would be a fairly average gangster flick with…

• Alec Johnsson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alec Johnsson 03 May, 2014

"I think the beast here is Don Logan, Ben Kingsley’s mob recruiter, a Cockney hernia-pain that you want to kick all the way to the Limpopo the moment he walks onto the screen. His first line of dialogue is, “Gotta change my shirt, it’s sticking to me, I’m sweating like a cunt.” It goes downhill from there, like the symbolic boulder that nearly brains Gal later in that opening, but that instead lands in his pool. The retired or soon-to-be-retired…

• Tim Ehrens

★★★★★ Watched by Tim Ehrens 11 May, 2014 2

"You're the fucking problem you fucking Dr. White honkin' jam-rag fucking spunk-bubble!"

Wow. Profane, bombastic and superbly acted, "Sexy Beast" is a movie that turns your everyday gangster flick on its ear and delivers one of the greatest single acting performances of all time.

This movie is right up my alley. My favorite movies are gangster/crime movies but this one is a bit different. What happens when the gangster retires, wants no part of his former life, and then his…

• Anny

★★★★★ Watched by Anny 07 May, 2014

Badass.

• Elias Elias

★★★★★ Added by Elias Elias

Just the acting by Kingsley… another level!

• Matt Suppes

★★★★★ Watched by Matt Suppes 17 Apr, 2014

In preparation for Under the Skin, I might as well watch one of Jonathan Glazer's other movies. And of course, it's like it was made specifically for me. And everyone else who want a movie that's mostly Ben Kingsley, Ray Winstone, and Ian McShane looking dour and saying "fuck" and "shit" and "cunt" a lot. It's wonderful.

• Driver

★★★★★ Rewatched by Driver 09 Mar, 2014

"Oh, yeah. Bloody hell. I'm sweating in here. Roasting. Boiling. Baking. Sweltering. It's like a sauna. Furnace. You can fry an egg on my stomach. Ohh, who wouldn't lap this up? It's ridiculous. Tremendous. Fantastic. Fan-dabby-dozy-tastic." - Gal Dove

If you're looking for your seedy Cockney gangster thriller with distinctly arthouse sensibilities, look no further than Jonathan Glazer's Sexy Beast: a slick, stylish 89 minutes of subversive performances and startling narrative structure.

Taking beats from Guy Ritchie's first two films,…