• Patrick Devitt

★★½ Watched by Patrick Devitt 03 Apr, 2015

The characters absolutely ruined this. They are very unpleasant people to say the least. Early on in the film we should have been able to find out why the characters are the way that they are. This would create some empathy for the characters or at the very least it would have us care for them. We never find out why they are this way. The film has a dark comedy feel to it. The over the top acts of…

• joaoluc

★★★★★ Added by joaoluc

Em momentos de excepção o cinema exemplifica como se pode ser espartanamente genial. E não vale a pena, nesses casos, tentar escrever coisas inteligentes sobre o assunto.

• Mike

★★★½ Rewatched by Mike 02 Apr, 2015

I've been sick this week, but tonight I finally felt well enough to pay attention to a whole movie.

The first time I saw this, it was in the mid-nineties, the same night I saw Clerks for the first time. It was a Blockbuster Video trip that ended up being my introduction to independent cinema.

This film has a very 90s feel. Maybe it's the haircuts. Sometimes it feels like a nightmare episode of Friends.

• Gustavo Menezes

★★★★ Watched by Gustavo Menezes 28 Feb, 2015

Great camerawork & great editing.

• Mike D'Angelo

★★½ Rewatched by Mike D'Angelo 24 Jun, 2012

45/100

[Originally written on my blog.]

One of the first films I reviewed on my site, back when I was just putting up one-sentence thoughts for a handful of friends and had zero expectation of launching a career. No point in even linking to it, here it is in full: "Flashy and all, but these characters were just too awful to no purpose." So to expand upon those trenchant observations: The problem isn't that all three leads are hateful, but…

• James Haves

Watched by James Haves 23 Feb, 2015

Fucking Oscars! I didn't sleep at all the night before and then it just happened to be the day before we watched this at college!

Well, I don't know how much I slept the previous night, but I don't remember great big chunks of the story, so I'm borrowing the DVD and am gonna watch it again.

All of this tiredness for NPH's shit hosting....

• Mauricio Xavier

★★★★ Watched by Mauricio Xavier 21 Feb, 2015

Damn solid genre film with three excellent presences at its core (Eccleston is amazing in a role that at first seems a little out of his range). I like that it's not very plotty or twisty, just a handful of people slowly, predictably spiraling into fucking madness.

• teachernat

★★ Watched by teachernat 16 Feb, 2015

This one deserves a place in the Midnight Movie Pantheon, but there it should stay, and those movies, for the most part, are not for me. This one wasn't. I was bored throughout.

• Tyler Foster

★★★½ Rewatched by Tyler Foster 16 Jan, 2015

The last time I saw this film, I was still a "casual" movie lover, and had yet to come to the realization that a film can be about awful people and still be enjoyable or interesting.

• Christopher Anderson-Bazzoli

★★★★ Rewatched by Christopher Anderson-Bazzoli 12 Feb, 2015

It was great to revisit this after seeing it in its theatrical release. It holds up well as a terrific thriller. I forgot that it was Danny Boyle directing which explains why I remember it's excellent visual style. Fun!

• Max Fischer

★★★★½ Watched by Max Fischer 10 Feb, 2015 4

Oh, the time when Danny Boyle used to make good films.

• PanosKantz

★★★★ Rewatched by PanosKantz 10 Feb, 2015

"θέλω αυτήν με αυτόν από το τρεινσποτινγκ", συνεννοηθήκαμε. (πανος, 1996, βιντεο κλαμπ μπλου)