• Connor

★★★★½ Added by Connor

This is another amazing directorial debut. Danny Boyle proves that he can direct with this gem. What a great and suspensful yet funny flick. I loved Ewan McGregor in this movie. Probably one of my favorite endings in a film.

• Ziad Hammad

★★★★ Watched by Ziad Hammad 17 Aug, 2015

A hell of a debut by Danny Boyle. Feels very 90s, but I don't have a big problem with that. Would be a great double bill with the Wachowski's Bound.

• Katriina

★★★★★ Added by Katriina

One of the best

• Matty Stanfield

★★★★½ Watched by Matty Stanfield 05 Aug, 2015

One of the seminal films of the 1990's Independent Film Movement. Three outstanding actors, an innovative filmmaker and a clever script.

This is a dark, original and outstanding glimpse into the darker side of humanity. Brilliant.

• Jaime Rebanal

★★★★ Watched by Jaime Rebanal 29 Jul, 2015

I have a love-hate relationship with director Danny Boyle. Trainspotting I believe to be excellent and I also happen to really love 127 Hours as well as enjoy 28 Days Later a tad but I really don't care for Slumdog Millionaire, The Beach, or Trance. His debut, Shallow Grave, did indeed impress me a tad, though. I found myself delighted through Boyle's dark sense of humour. I loved watching all these obnoxious people on the screen getting themselves into all…

• alexbhades

★★★½ Rewatched by alexbhades 14 Apr, 2012

Revision de la primera película de Danny Boyle. La disfrute como la primera vez que la vi hace ya unos cuantos años.
    Pocos personajes, pocas localizaciones, una historia que te engancha y un buen desarrollo de personajes. Se pueden ver recursos que utilizara después en la aclamada Trainspotting.

• Lindsey Otts

★★★★ Watched by Lindsey Otts 24 Jul, 2015

Really good; a film that makes you think its going one way and then veers into a different direction. The ending is crazy and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing.
    Ill have to see if Danny Boyle can top this.

• yrsurfinman

Watched by yrsurfinman 20 Jul, 2015

Showy as hell, but you know what? I enjoyed it

• scott

★★★★½ Watched by scott 21 Jun, 2015

I was scared, laughing, everything.. one of those movies you don't want to end. a fun ride.

• Perrrrrro

★★★★ Watched by Perrrrrro 29 Jun, 2015

La primera película de Danny Boyle es muy MUY eso mismo: la primera película de Danny Boyle. Para quienes le conocimos con Trainspotting, Shallow Grave es evidentemente su antecesora directa. Las tomas que emplea son similares, la musicalización e incluso los personajes, reducidos en esta a 3, pero muy parecido el de McGregor.

Una comedia bastante negra, que para la segunda mitad se transforma más bien en un filme de terror, una vez los personajes comienzan a "concientizar" lo que…

• IfWeMadeIt

Watched by IfWeMadeIt 26 Jun, 2015

Episode 187

• Kristina Weiner

★★★½ Watched by Kristina Weiner 25 Jun, 2015

Danny Boyle's debut film isn't what you usually expect from a director's first outing -- it's actually quite good! With a triage of great actors, a mildly intriguing plot premise and some cool visual themes going despite a low budget, Shallow Grave is a pleasant surprise.