• gustavmenezes

★★★★ Watched by gustavmenezes 28 Feb, 2015

Great camerawork & great editing.

• Mike D'Angelo

★★½ Rewatched by Mike D'Angelo 24 Jun, 2012

45/100

[Originally written on my blog.]

One of the first films I reviewed on my site, back when I was just putting up one-sentence thoughts for a handful of friends and had zero expectation of launching a career. No point in even linking to it, here it is in full: "Flashy and all, but these characters were just too awful to no purpose." So to expand upon those trenchant observations: The problem isn't that all three leads are hateful, but…

• James Haves

Watched by James Haves 23 Feb, 2015

Fucking Oscars! I didn't sleep at all the night before and then it just happened to be the day before we watched this at college!

Well, I don't know how much I slept the previous night, but I don't remember great big chunks of the story, so I'm borrowing the DVD and am gonna watch it again.

All of this tiredness for NPH's shit hosting....

• Mauricio Xavier

★★★★ Watched by Mauricio Xavier 21 Feb, 2015

Damn solid genre film with three excellent presences at its core (Eccleston is amazing in a role that at first seems a little out of his range). I like that it's not very plotty or twisty, just a handful of people slowly, predictably spiraling into fucking madness.

• teachernat

★★ Watched by teachernat 16 Feb, 2015

This one deserves a place in the Midnight Movie Pantheon, but there it should stay, and those movies, for the most part, are not for me. This one wasn't. I was bored throughout.

• Tyler Foster

★★★½ Rewatched by Tyler Foster 16 Jan, 2015

The last time I saw this film, I was still a "casual" movie lover, and had yet to come to the realization that a film can be about awful people and still be enjoyable or interesting.

• Christopher Anderson-Bazzoli

★★★★ Rewatched by Christopher Anderson-Bazzoli 12 Feb, 2015

It was great to revisit this after seeing it in its theatrical release. It holds up well as a terrific thriller. I forgot that it was Danny Boyle directing which explains why I remember it's excellent visual style. Fun!

• Max Fischer

★★★★½ Watched by Max Fischer 10 Feb, 2015 4

Oh, the time when Danny Boyle used to make good films.

• PanosKantz

★★★★ Rewatched by PanosKantz 10 Feb, 2015

"θέλω αυτήν με αυτόν από το τρεινσποτινγκ", συνεννοηθήκαμε. (πανος, 1996, βιντεο κλαμπ μπλου)

• Negative Creep

★★★ Watched by Negative Creep 04 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I thought I was gonna love this movie since it was Danny Boyle's big breakthrough and it features both Christopher Eccleston and Ewan McGregor (I'm not familiar with the actress), and although it starts with a promising story, it slowly goes downhill, I found myself having difficulty paying attention after sometime. It has a great 90's vibe and the story is quite compelling, the kind that leaves you wanting to know what will happen, because it can really happen to anyone, why not? But, as in any case involving a large quantity of money, it doesn't end well.

• Melody

★★★★ Rewatched by Melody 05 Feb, 2015

Starting off a Danny Boyle marathon revisitation which I hope to warm me more to his more recent work with this one but honestly I was kind of stopped instantly in my tracks by the colour scheme here - it's almost the only thing I could concentrate on except Kerry Fox's sweaters and the general "omg how young are they?" yet "omg how much did they do over the next 5-10 years?" of the cast.

But I did notice a…

• Danny Rivher

★★★★½ Watched by Danny Rivher 25 Jan, 2015

Definitivamente, Danny Boyle sabía como sorprendernos desde sus inicios. Y una vez más nos muestra la transformación del ser humano cuando el dinero y la desgracia se atraviesan al mismo tiempo frente a su camino.