• Alexander Heff

★★½ Added by Alexander Heff

Three friends discover their new flatmate dead but loaded with cash.

It's fairly entertaining but it just runs out of steam pretty quickly. The characters become less interesting as the movie progresses.

It's a fine debut but I've always found it a tad overrated.

• Mark Cleary

★★★★ Watched by Mark Cleary 26 Nov, 2015

Darkly hilarious.

• Jeff Williams

★★★★ Rewatched by Jeff Williams 24 Nov, 2015

Smart, stylish, darkly comic thriller from Danny Boyle with three strong performances by the leads.

• Vincent Briscoe

★★½ Watched by Vincent Briscoe 17 Nov, 2015

Lots of screenwriting 101 stuff that this film misses and makes it feel stupid

• Josiah Morgan

★★★★ Watched by Josiah Morgan 14 Nov, 2015

It's all drenched in the pre-Se7en post-eighties humorous crime thriller vibe and whereas Boyle's direction is uneven at best across the rest of his filmography, in Shallow Grave he pulls a taut focus into an effective crime thriller that give Ewan McGregor, Christopher Eccleston and Kerry Fox a real chance to shine. Thanks to a heftily comedic and brilliantly morbid screenplay the tension effectively reaches a breaking point even as punctuated by comedy every second scene. This is some of…

• King Kongo

★★★★ Added by King Kongo

Perfect career starter for Danny Boyle and perfect entertainment for me!

• Jaan Stevens

★★★★ Added by Jaan Stevens

Laang geleden gezien, danny boyle is nen topkeirel

• bobrien

★★ Watched by bobrien 06 Nov, 2015

I can't believe I once thought this film was good, now as semi-mature adult I'm shocked to discover that not only isn't this a good movie, it's actually pretty bad. As soon as Ewan McGregor appeared on screen I wanted to punch him in the face, he's so annoying in this film. The others aren't much better either, they all believe themselves to be clever but just come across as obnoxious and crude. I struggle to believe there's a person…

• Patrick

★★½ Watched by Patrick 02 Nov, 2015

It seems as though right from the very beginning Danny Boyle knew what a Danny Boyle movie was going to look like.

• Tom Sheridan

Rewatched by Tom Sheridan 19 Oct, 2015

This one just never gets old.

• Varghese Eapen

★★★★ Watched by Varghese Eapen 18 Oct, 2015

Danny Boyle kick started his career with this neo noirish tale of greed laced with comical undertones..There are some scenes which will definitely appall you. There is some vagueness and this one does need a rewatch.

• JustinBateman

★★★★ Added by JustinBateman

“I've never seen a dead body before. I saw my grandmother of course, but I don't think that counts. I mean, she was alive at the time.”

Three friends sharing a house have a spare room and after interviewing a number of unusual prospective tenants settle on the most normal one. However, a couple of days after moving in, there has been no sign of him so they go into his room to investigate. To their horror they find their…