• ericmarsh

★★★★ Rewatched by ericmarsh 11 Feb, 2016

From the cgi team who brought you "Jurassic World" comes Michael Fassbenders wang....

... Or at least I hope so (looks down..shakes head and sighs..)

• Rodo

★★★★½ Added by Rodo

On trail of Self-Destruction with piano music in the background (Glenn Gould´s version of Goldberg Variations).

I still in love with Carey Mulligan. <3

• Jim Reedy

★★★★ Watched by Jim Reedy 09 Feb, 2016

Sex is a hell of a drug.

• dsharma

★★★★★ Watched by lavoz 29 Dec, 2015

I like it.

• Sarah Z.

★★★★½ Watched by Sarah Z. 08 Feb, 2016

I was kind of unconvinced until the last thirty minutes or so and then I was just utterly slain. Where is Steve McQueen's next movie??

• Tiago Cardoso

★★★★½ Rewatched by Tiago Cardoso 09 Feb, 2016

Shame de Steve McQueen é o cinema que qualquer designer de som sonharia trabalhar. Obra-prima.

• Estéfano Rodríguez

★★★★ Added by Estéfano Rodríguez

Shame es la incomodidad del vacío existencial que destruye a Brandon, del que se puede suponer su incapacidad para entablar relaciones duraderas como causa y que como consecuencia deriva en la adicción al sexo.

Brandon es poco dado a exteriorizar su infierno y no hay una evolución a peor durante el desarrollo de la película sino que se nos muestra con ese final que su historia tiene forma de bucle, uno del cual es muy difícil escapar. Por su parte,…

• haxen

★★★★★ Rewatched by haxen 17 Jan, 2016

Steve McQueen's approach is unflinching and compassionate, he is a man who knows what he wants his audience to feel without manipulating them. I felt a lot, watching this film which is, at times, hard to watch but unforgettable! Michael Fassbender is an indelible actor and this is his most raw performance yet, he literaly strips himself in every possible way to show us the inner state of his character and manages to show an emotion that is actually quite hard to portray; shame. Wow!

• Kirmser

★★★★ Watched by Kirmser 07 Feb, 2016

I was close to giving this a 4.5 star rating, but decided to go with the 4. Although, there are two incredible lead performances from Michael Fassbender and Carey Mulligan along with brilliant direction from Steve McQueen, the story becomes a bit ludicrous at times. Also, I feel like there were moments that could of dug even deeper into the mind of Fassbender's character.

• cheryl

★★★★½ Watched by cheryl 08 Feb, 2016

not to be Dramatic but this is michael fassbender's best film to date

• EasyPete

★★★½ Watched by EasyPete 03 Feb, 2016

#Followbruary2016 - Nummer 1.

Warum habe ich diesen Film bisher nicht gesehen?:
    Erotikdrama.

Fassbender zieht unter den Lichtern der Großstadt seine Runden durch eine endlose Spirale aus Sehnsucht und Einsamkeit. Darauf muss man sich erst einmal einstellen. Wer hier feuchtfröhliche Unterhaltung erwartet wird definitiv enttäuscht, wer jedoch ein toll ausgearbeitetes Drama vom "12 Years A Slave"-Regisseur Steve McQueen sehen möchte ist hier richtig. Dabei sollte man sich definitiv nicht von der Erotiksache abschrecken lassen, da hier tatsächlich keine Szene austauschbar ist bzw. das Geschehen verzögert.