• Alexandra Kelly

★★½ Watched by Alexandra Kelly 01 Dec, 2016

:-/

• Caleb Carter

★★★½ Added by Caleb Carter

A tough and draining watch; I have to see it again sometime soon.

• Chris

★★★★½ Watched by Chris 28 Nov, 2016

"We're not bad people. We just come from a bad place"

• Nicolas Scroggins

★★★★½ Rewatched by Nicolas Scroggins 28 Nov, 2016

A haunting portrait of entrapment and addiction. Haunting but beautiful.

• Carmen Winther

★★★★ Added by Carmen Winther

Idk if it was just because I was hella stoned when I watched this, but I loved it. The embarrassing moments will make you physically ill with memories of your own embarrassments. The shame the character feels is totally relatable, I felt that this character was me. All those times my roommates heard me using my hitachi magic wand....... the fear of being a gay.... the insatiable thirst I had for sex... Luckily my libido has reduced 100%. Would recommend.

• alchimi4 🍊

★★★★★ Watched by alchimi4 🍊 27 Nov, 2016

Michael Fassbender has my heart.

• JuanmaVidal

★★★½ Watched by JuanmaVidal 18 Nov, 2016

Interesante retrato de un hombre que es esclavo de sus instintos más primitivos. Steve McQueen convierte el sexo más frío y seco en arte. Dura, cruda y provocadora.

• Jon Rafael Birondo

★★★★½ Watched by Jon Rafael Birondo 25 Nov, 2016 2

90/100

i want to live

(due to my new process of not rating a film five stars until a second rewatch, this film sits precariously close to a much higher score. but i do want to linger on this a bit longer. not much i want to say at the moment, but mad props for quite possibly the greatest flashback/discontinuous sequence ever, near the last half hour of this film. on par with the flashback utilization in The Godfather Part II )

• Emily Wheeler

★★★★★ Watched by Emily Wheeler 25 Nov, 2016

The film operates as an all-encompassing descent not into addiction itself but into one particular man afflicted by it. As the audience is led closer and closer to him, what becomes overwhelming is a sense of empathy and sadness. No one in the entire film or likely in Brandon's fictional life has ever been as intimate with him as the audience is, and by forcing you to develop such a bond, McQueen shows just how callous it is to look at a person and see only their addiction.

• Josh Liles

★★★★½ Rewatched by Josh Liles 25 Nov, 2016

Mcqueen's films are so touching and beautiful, it pains me that there are only three of them.

• liviwb

★★★★ Watched by liviwb 21 Nov, 2016

i cant believe i saw Michael fassbenders ding dong

• Kim

★★★★★ Added by Kim

As someone pointed out, our comments during that one scene were the best thing that could have happen. Also shirtless Fassbender icons.