• Luke Bacich

★★★★½ Watched by Luke Bacich 30 Apr, 2016

Far out, I stumbled across this film not knowing anything about it. A disturbing masterpiece.

• jmarksw3

★★★★★ Watched by jmarksw3 29 Apr, 2016

Shame is great and unforgettable. Michael Fassbender solidifies himself as one of the greatest actors working today.

• Fer Clusa

★★★★★ Watched by Fer Clusa 28 Apr, 2016

Behind the 'sex addiction' charade is a deep study in loneliness in a modern world.

• Philip Carroll

★★★½ Watched by Philip Carroll 24 Apr, 2016

"We're not bad people. We just come from a bad place."

I've been wanting to see this for a long time but unfortunately due to it's rating, they don't have it to rent or buy at any store near me. Thankfully, I recently started using Video on Demand.

Michael Fassbender plays a New York executive who lives alone in a nice apartment and is constantly ignoring calls from his sister Carey Mulligan. Oh, and he's also a major sex addict.…

• Nick Simone

★★★½ Watched by Nick Simone 24 Apr, 2016

A very slow burn, but harrowing. Great performances by both actors. The use of several long, contemplative, unbroken takes will grate some viewers but I found it highlights the lonely, troubled nature of the character.

• La Pantalla Invisible
  • La Pantalla Invisible
  • Christian Childress

★★★★½ Watched by Christian Childress 25 Apr, 2016 1

After this film I definitely understand true sadness way more than before. Holy shit this was something.

• madeline

★★★★ Watched by madeline 24 Apr, 2016

the most explicit film i've ever seen and i was just
    it just
    boiii
    BUT MICHAEL WAS AMAZINGGGG and it was beautifully filmed

• Aaron Hendrix

★★★★½ Watched by Aaron Hendrix 23 Apr, 2016 4

We're not bad people. We just come from a bad place.

There comes a point in Shame when Sissy sings "New York, New York". McQueen lingers on Sissy so long that she seems to dissolve into the shimmering background and all that remains is a pair of undulating ruby red lips. When the camera finally does cut back to Brandon, he wipes away a stray tear racing down his cheek.

Fassbender and McQueen had kept me at such a distance…

• bbanks2121

★★★ Watched by bbanks2121 03 Mar, 2016

Definitely one to watch with your young children if you want to answer a lot of questions when it's over.

• Mattias Eriksson

★★★★★ Watched by Mattias Eriksson 23 Apr, 2016

I love Michael Fassbender, and I absolutely love emotional, dialogue heavy one takes. Two of the reasons I adored this movie!