• Estéfano Rodríguez

★★★★ Added by Estéfano Rodríguez

Shame' es la incomodidad del vacío existencial que destruye a Brandon, del que se puede suponer su incapacidad para entablar relaciones duraderas como causa y que como consecuencia deriva en la adicción al sexo. Brandon es poco dado a exteriorizar su infierno y no hay una evolución a peor durante el desarrollo de la película sino que se nos muestra con ese final que su historia tiene forma de bucle, uno del cual es muy difícil escapar. Por su parte,…

• haxen

★★★★★ Rewatched by haxen 17 Jan, 2016

Steve McQueen's approach is unflinching and compassionate, he is a man who knows what he wants his audience to feel without manipulating them. I felt a lot, watching this film which is, at times, hard to watch but unforgettable! Michael Fassbender is an indelible actor and this is his most raw performance yet, he literaly strips himself in every possible way to show us the inner state of his character and manages to show an emotion that is actually quite hard to portray; shame. Wow!

• Kirmser

★★★★ Watched by Kirmser 07 Feb, 2016

I was close to giving this a 4.5 star rating, but decided to go with the 4. Although, there are two incredible lead performances from Michael Fassbender and Carey Mulligan along with brilliant direction from Steve McQueen, the story becomes a bit ludicrous at times. Also, I feel like there were moments that could of dug even deeper into the mind of Fassbender's character.

• cheryl

★★★★★ Watched by cheryl 08 Feb, 2016

not to be Dramatic but this is michael fassbender's best film to date

• EasyPete

★★★½ Watched by EasyPete 03 Feb, 2016

#Followbruary2016 - Nummer 1.

Warum habe ich diesen Film bisher nicht gesehen?:
    Erotikdrama.

Fassbender zieht unter den Lichtern der Großstadt seine Runden durch eine endlose Spirale aus Sehnsucht und Einsamkeit. Darauf muss man sich erst einmal einstellen. Wer hier feuchtfröhliche Unterhaltung erwartet wird definitiv enttäuscht, wer jedoch ein toll ausgearbeitetes Drama vom "12 Years A Slave"-Regisseur Steve McQueen sehen möchte ist hier richtig. Dabei sollte man sich definitiv nicht von der Erotiksache abschrecken lassen, da hier tatsächlich keine Szene austauschbar ist bzw. das Geschehen verzögert.

• Kate ✌️

★★★★★ Added by Kate ✌️

best supporting actor goes to michael fassbender's dick

• KyleW

★★★★★ Rewatched by KyleW 02 Feb, 2016

The second project between Steve McQueen and Michael Fassbender examines a character who in a sense could be viewed as the polar opposite to that the abstinent and driven Bobby Sands (Hunger).

A beautiful melancholic montage introduces us to Brandon and his sexual addiction. His vice and relationship with his sister is perfectly summarized while some masterful parallels are set up for the latter end of the film when Brandon hits his lowest point. Not only in terms of story…

• Tim Jones

★★★★★ Rewatched by Tim Jones 01 Feb, 2016

McQueen does emotion the best today IMO

• Henry Colin

★★★★★ Rewatched by Henry Colin 01 Feb, 2016

This is hands down one of my favourite films, and still Steve McQueen's best.

Fassbender gives a ferociously subtle performance as Brandon. His face tells a thousand stories. At times his looks, will bring a tear to my eye. Each frame is masterfully composed, telling the story in long, uncomfortable moments. The camera seldom moves, and when it does, you feel Brandon's world crash in around him.

From the opening shot, you know are watching a masterpiece. No film, before…

• Brandon Smith

★★★★ Rewatched by Brandon Smith 31 Jan, 2016

A snapshot of what child abuse can do to a wealthy society.
    In this instance it seems like a very severe case of neglect. (there may be some sexual abuse as well, but I don't think that is necessary to tell the story in this case)

The first time I saw this film I felt nothing but despair, anger, and shame. I was angry at McQueen for putting everyone who viewed it through this pain.

This time I am grateful.…

• Murphy Kenefick

★★★★ Watched by Murphy Kenefick 31 Jan, 2016

Incredibly difficult to watch in many respects, but ultimately enjoyable somehow, mostly due to McQueen's engrossing direction and Fassbender's pensive, tortured performance. Like 12 Years a Slave, however, though to a lesser degree, it focuses on the clichés of the topic, and doesn't go into enough background or explanation but rather more showing.

Great score.

• Lamperkat

★★★★ Watched by Lamperkat 31 Jan, 2016

He was crying. He was crying. There were tears coming down his face. I saw it. You made a grown man cry.

Wow.

Steve McQueen really blew me away with this one.

Raw, cold, and blunt. Those are the words that come to mind when I think of this film.

Rarely can a movie capture the feelings of regret, remorse, and shame as well as this one did.

Fassbender was on his A-game, showing anguish and pain not only through…