• adigonik

★★★★ Added by adigonik

Κενό.

• Anna Bean

★★★★ Watched by Anna Bean 28 Aug, 2015

Particularly as an asexual, compulsive sexual behavior is certainly outside my realm of personal understanding, but the look of abject pain and disgust on Michael Fassbender's face at the film's climax (pun intended) is not something that I could ever mistake nor likely will ever forget. The narrative is definitely a slow burn, with the majority spent on setting up its protagonist's carefully-cultivated yet fragile everyday existence; but it completely explodes in the last half-hour. It's just one fucking wrenching…

• David

★★★★★ Rewatched by David 29 Aug, 2015

Keep your mouth shut and feel it.
    This is life.

PD: We're not bad people. We just come from a bad place.

• Luis Zuleta

★★★★★ Watched by Luis Zuleta 29 Aug, 2015

BRANDON
    OK. You were married for long?

MARIANNE
    No, I wasn't married long. Gave it a shot. It didn't really work out.

Wow.

What?

MARIANNE
    Well, you just seem, like..
    (LAUGHS)

What?

MARIANNE
    ...averse to the whole idea.

BRANDON
    Well, yeah. I mean, I just don't understand why people would want to get married. Especially nowadays, I mean, it's.. You know.. I don't see the point.

In relationships?

BRANDON
    It doesn't seem realistic.

MARIANNE…

• mateito

★★★★½ Watched by mateito 28 Aug, 2015

ahhhh que buena puta pelicula

• Brian Stack

★★★ Added by Brian Stack

Because he's addicted to sex, Brandon Sullivan (Michael Fassbender) is incapable of a healthy relationship. His addiction is so severe, he takes regular masturbation breaks at work. Sex is an act designed to make him feel good, not an expression of love. He has so completely divorced the two concepts, when he does meet someone he likes, he cannot perform sexually.

While Brandon has separated sex from a healthy relationship, his sister Sissy (Carey Mulligan) has fused them, throwing herself…

• Conan Tan

★★★ Watched by Conan Tan 06 Aug, 2015

Michael Fassbender was believable in his portrayal of a sex addict. He was such an addict, that he would be willing to do anything that moves. That and combined with the acting of Carey Mulligan as his sister provides a good film.

• AndreasMP

★★★ Watched by AndreasMP 18 Aug, 2015

Im Mittelpunkt steht ein sexsüchtiger Mann und seine Schwester. Das kaputte Leben wird dargestellt ohne richtige Handlung. Hat mich nicht begeistert.

• BennyWestside

★★★★ Added by BennyWestside

You get to see Michael Fassbender's dick. That alone is worth 4 stars.

This film also makes me realize how much of a sex addict I am not. Which is always a reassuring thought.

Shame is in the category of great films I never need to see again.

• Melli

★★★★½ Rewatched by Melli 22 Aug, 2015

This movie has copious sex that is most unsexy. It's like...watching the sex in this movie gives you the same feeling as watching someone cry in a corner. And it stars Michael Fassbender, an unashamedly sexy sexy man. This impresses the crap out of me for some reason.

• Jonah Chavez

★★★ Added by Jonah Chavez

Dirtay!

• Merriweather

★★★★½ Added by Merriweather

Deep, emotional and disturbing, never have I seen such a brilliant character study since Taxi Driver!