• Fredrik Sellevold

Added by Fredrik Sellevold

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Abrahan Faiz

★★★ Added by Abrahan Faiz

"No somos malas personas. Sólo venimos de un mal lugar"

El mensaje es claro, la dirección de fotografía me gustó bastante y el "qué" o el "quién" de los personajes está muy bien desarrollado, pero siento que le faltó más describir el "por qué" de ellos.
    Sin embargo, buena película!

• Nelli Kähärä

★★★★ Watched by Nelli Kähärä 27 Aug, 2014

Hyvin vähäeleinen ja oikeastaan aika haikea elokuva. En osannut yhtään odottaa tällaista, mutta lopputulos on tarkkaan mietitty. Tarina ei ole itsessään kovin monimutkainen tai mitenkään mullistava, mutta tapa jolla se kerrotaan on kaunis. Tässä elokuvassa on jotain hyvin inhimillistä.

• radiomanhead

★★★★ Added by radiomanhead

Dura, incomoda, extremadamente bien dirigida (tiene un par de escenas de obra maestra) y con actuaciones transparentes y honestas, me parece que flojea de vez en cuando pero es un peliculón como la copa de un pino.

• ernoons

★★★★★ Rewatched by ernoons 24 Aug, 2014

i don't feel any shame for rewatching this for the 3rd time.

• J V

★★★★★ Added by J V

I remember getting very horny watching this, which is always what I expect in a good flick. #clitflick
    I think everyone that has ever thought about hiring an prostie should watch this film, Fassbender's escort etiquette is on point.

• Viktor Prentovski

★★★ Watched by Viktor Prentovski 17 Aug, 2014 1

Shame is not for me. I don't really know why I watched it, but I did. The direction was great, the camerawork excellent. The acting was great too. And the music, and the way that director Steve McQueen used it, in scenes with inaudible dialogue was amazing. I really admire his work, and I will probably revisit this sometime in the future.

• Tiago Massoni

★★★★½ Watched by Tiago Massoni 17 Aug, 2014

Godammit Great flick. Great directing. Great acting. Sequences btw brother and sister até best.

• Heljar Wilhelmsen

★★★★ Watched by Heljar Wilhelmsen 16 Aug, 2014 2

Driven by a powerful perfomance from Michael Fassbender in the role as Brandon, 'Shame' delivers a monumental portrait of the inner demons torturing a man struggling with an addiction to sex. And, being addicted to sex, can be very well as demolishing to your personal life as being addicted to crack. The unnerving, tense close-ups and the exquisite long-takes that perfectly captures Brandon's meltdown in an gradually detoriating state of agony, sorrow and anger makes way for a haunting portrayal…

• Josiah Morgan

★★★★★ Added by Josiah Morgan

I don't know if this is an amazing film or an incredibly boring one with a load of gratuitous nudity. But... I love it. The directing. The soundtrack. The performance from Fassbender which has been recognized and from Mulligan who's performance which is, in my opinion, even better, seems to have been looked over by critics... I

I don't know.

• Eugene McCrann

★★★ Added by Eugene McCrann

Blame it on the alcohol baby... Well, at least kinda, cause it's insinuated that the culture of the NYC high-rise workforce breeds this sort of player-behavior, guys hitting the lounges after a successful day of crushing meetings, the boss encouraging the sexually-irresponsible office climate where tales of pussy-chasing are casually tossed around a Skype session with the family. It's just that Brandon takes it a step further, like when a lustful subway glance turns into a full-blown stalking session, the…

• m_jennings9

★★★★ Watched by m_jennings9 02 Aug, 2014

This is another beautiful film. Of course it is, if it's directed by the same dude who did Twelve Years a Slave... I was expecting it. I didn't like this as much as that... I thought Twelve Years had more emotional and beautiful scenes in it, whereas Shame just kind of had a lot of sex scenes. I didn't mind that too much... except one scene seemed to go a bit far for me, the one in the hotel room.…