• helene_hirsch

Watched by helene_hirsch 11 Apr, 2015

seeeeehr langweilig

• circumaural

★★★★ Watched by circumaural 24 May, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

The consequences of sexual abuse are explored in this tragic character piece with Michael Fassbender giving an amazing, moving performance. The angles and the awkwardly long takes are wonderful (except for the song, that was a bit too much). Features possibly the biggest douche-bag boss ever depicted in cinema (debatable).

• Wanda Romanoff

★★★ Watched by Wanda Romanoff 22 Dec, 2014

boy this movie goes hard and its realistic
    too much nudity but fassy's there so hella
    he's so damn talented though what a great performance

• eiszfuchs

★½ Watched by eiszfuchs 22 May, 2015

Why did I even watch this until the end?

• LiaN

★★★★ Added by LiaN

"We're not bad people. We just come from a bad place."

• CinemaClown

★★★★ Watched by CinemaClown 18 May, 2015 9

Steve McQueen's follow-up to his critically acclaimed directional debut is another powerfully compelling, unflinchingly graphic & downright disturbing example of arthouse cinema focusing on the devastating effects of addiction that presents the director in prime form, is crafted with precision care & meticulous attention to detail, and benefits greatly from another excellent performance from Michael Fassbender.

Set in New York City, Shame follows the life of Brandon; a 30-something man who's a sex addict. While his carefully cultivated private life does allow…

• jmbadia

★★★★½ Watched by jmbadia 13 May, 2015

L'ambientació i l'aïllament del protagonista ho són tot. No parla de l'addicció al sexe més què com a excusa per retratar l'alienació de l'individu.

• murrddocks

★★★½ Added by murrddocks

i had no shame in watching this.

• MICHAIL TSIAPAS

★★★½ Watched by MICHAIL TSIAPAS 12 May, 2015

HUMAN RELATIONS IN OUR DAYS ........................

• Jack Bauer

★★★★½ Watched by Jack Bauer 08 May, 2015 2

Steve McQueen just hopped into my favorite directors and hes only made 3 films.

Shame is quite the movie, following Brandon, played by Fassbender, and his sister Sissy, played by Carey Mulligan. Brandon is a sex addict, something that me, and probably quite a few other people thought was a joke before watching this movie, but Shame portrays sex addiction as just as big as a problem as any addiction.

Fassbender is masterful as always, giving one of the best…

• Alex Lovendahl

★★ Watched by Alex Lovendahl 05 May, 2015

I have to stop watching movies directed by Steve McQueen. Or at least ones written by him. I gain so, so little from his films. I don't even think Fassbender is exceptional in them, largely because the material is weak.

The premise is great, and Fassbender doesn't fail anything here. Carey Mulligan elevates it, as does that idiot waiter. But loads of this movie I just found so, so, so boring.

• Dexter Reid

★★★★½ Watched by Dexter Reid 05 May, 2015

I feel like I've been giving out too many high scores lately but I've also been watching a fuckton of amazing movies lately so I guess I can justify it that way. This is one of those amazing movies.