• Rhine

★★★★★ Rewatched by Rhine 30 Jan, 2015

"Actions count. Not words."
    I'm sorry.

There is too much for me to dissect if I write this entire analysis after I finish the film. I'll write as I watch. This is a lengthy (1600 word) rambling of jumbled ideas. Bear with me.

Fade in. Brandon lies on the bed. On first impression it appears as he is dead. His eyes move, you know he's alive. But quickly you realize that while he may be alive, there is something dead…

• Ana

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ana 31 Jan, 2015

this movie is very BIG

• Anu

★★★★ Watched by Anu 30 Jan, 2015

mcqueen likes to keep the camera on things for an uncomfortably long amount of time and it made me uncomfortable and thats cool because, thats like, the point.

• WigHatesMovies

½ Watched by WigHatesMovies 09 Dec, 2011

A monotonous bore.

• Tyrion Lannister

Watched by Tyrion Lannister 30 Jan, 2015 6

"We're not bad people. We just come from a bad place."

The opening sequence to Shame is a remarkable feat of filmmaking that sums up the themes and characters of the film without any words being spoken at all. It's a lesser, more sexually explicit version of the opening of There Will Be Blood. The first shot is of Michael Fassbender, emotionlessly laying on the bed, as if he was in a casket. There is no pleasure in his sexual…

• Evi X.

★★★ Watched by Evi X. 29 Jan, 2015

Αρρώστια. #diplis.

• aaronobrien

★★★★½ Added by aaronobrien

A well directed, disturbing character study with stunning performances from Michael Fassbender and Carrie Mulligan.

• Jonnyboy

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jonnyboy 25 Jan, 2015

Simply beautiful, and I'm not (just) talking about the Fassdong.

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Filled with outclass performance from Michael Fassbender, Steven McQueen's Shame has succeeded to the extent of being called as one of best movies of 2011. The first 9mins. of movie should keep you within its gravity. Much of the credit should go to excellent editing, and cinematography, especially conversation between Brandon and Sissy while (watching cartoons). There are several flaws in this movie, and questionable.

• Fabio Arnold

★★★★ Rewatched by Fabio Arnold 23 Jan, 2015

Rewatch.

• Luke McGowan

★★★★ Added by Luke McGowan

Though it contains minimal dialogue, characters and plot, Shame is a perceptive look into sex addiction, bolstered by some great direction from Steve McQueen, a fantastic performance by Carey Mulligan, and a bold, stark and daring lead performance from the incomparable Michael Fassbender.

• David

★★★★★ Rewatched by David 23 Jan, 2015

Te atrapa en la secuencia de introducción y no te suelta hasta más allá de los créditos finales. Y por el camino, te zarandea de lo lindo. Fassbender está espectacular (que sí, siempre está bien, pero éste es el mejor trabajo que yo le haya visto), pero McQueen no está menos brillante; no hay un plano mal escogido en Shame.
    En fin, una de mis películas favoritas de este siglo (y quiero decir con eso, sin pensarlo mucho, de mis 4 o 5 favoritas -top 10 seguro-, no como frase genérica), aunque no sea de las que más haya repetido por que... coño, duele.