• DiaDaily

Watched by DiaDaily 30 Sep, 2014

Brutal.
    I feel like I need to watch it again immediately.

• jonbonraki

★★★½ Added by jonbonraki

michael fassbender was terrific

• Hussain K

★★★★ Watched by Hussain K 28 Sep, 2014

great art. thankfully, never have to watch it again.

• Rose

★★★ Watched by Rose 27 Sep, 2014

Good: Michael Fassbender was good in this and the cinematography was good too

Bad: Carey Mulligan's character was annoying and infuriating and could that rendition of "New York, New York" be any slower? Also this film is very slow. (I'm grateful that it wasn't longer than what it was at a 101 minutes or else I would have ended up hating it)

Overall: Just to warn: this film does portray different sex acts and Michael Fassbender's package. Now that's out…

• chrisgooch44

★★★★ Added by chrisgooch44

So basically Steve McQueen is a Genius

• Rishaad Moudden

★★★★½ Rewatched by Rishaad Moudden 14 Sep, 2014

Some remarkable moments of cinema contained within this. Despite the narrative of the character being inevitably futile, it's a very engaging and memorable character study that's held on second viewing.

• Yan

★★★★★ Rewatched by Yan 23 Sep, 2014

The McQueen/Fassbender formula at its best. Can never get enough of blue-tinted films. Beautiful cinematography from Sean Bobbitt and I think I just found my new favourite composer, Harry Escott!

• rozegr

★★★★★ Added by rozegr

gorgeous movie, amazing acting. but like the cinematography tho, superb. found myself taking many screenshots of this movie when I should have been just watching

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 04 Sep, 2013

Steve McQueen’s Shame reminded me a lot of Michael Haneke’s style of filmmaking but it was a bit less cold and serious. I don’t know if those are proper adjectives but I think my point is clear. It isn’t my intention to compare this film to any picture Haneke might have made; I just wanted to point out the resemblance in tone and style and the fact that the Austrian filmmaker must have been arguably a great influence on McQueen…

• Xplodera

★★★★½ Rewatched by Xplodera 19 Sep, 2014

This movie does with sex what ”127 Hours” did with adventuring.

• Andrew Hurley

★★★½ Added by Andrew Hurley

An interesting look at a sex addict. Not always the most comfortable movie, and I didn't love where it ultimately left off...but compelling nonetheless.

• JC13

★★★★½ Watched by JC13 07 Sep, 2014

"We're not bad people. We just come from a bad place."- Sissy

Director Steve McQueen's second feature film is powerful to say the least. I always wanted to see this because the trailer made it look great, plus I love Michael Fassbender. Fassbender was of course brilliant in perhaps his most dedicated and demanding role to date. He deserved an Oscar nod in my opinion, but this film was overlooked most likely because of its NC-17 rating (which I've always…