• finnian

Watched by finnian 30 Jul, 2015

- Crazy bleak and artistry on display.
    - Rewatch!

• alexbhades

★★★★ Watched by alexbhades 11 Apr, 2012

Esta es difícil...
    Cuando llevaba veinte minutos de visionado ya tenia decidido que no le pondría más de dos estrellas, y ha acabado con cuatro.
    Es una película lenta, de planos laaaargos, fría, muy fría. Pero poco a poco te va sobrecogiendo, te hace sentir intranquilo, he dicho te hace sentir, pues supongo que de eso se trata el arte.
    Michael Fassbender esta increíble y esa manera de tratar el sexo hacia muchísimo tiempo que no la veía (quizás desde "Short bus").
    En fin, no es una peli de autor más, es una gran película para quien sea capaz de apreciarla.

• Kai D'Artagnan de Bergerac Bologne

★★★★ Added by Kai D'Artagnan de Bergerac Bologne

Once again my soul is crushed by humanity and its infinite foibles.

• Michael Schutz-Ryan

★★½ Added by Michael Schutz-Ryan

Well acted, but I found the theme to be watered down. A movie about a sex addict--titled Shame--should have been more powerful and devastating. I felt this movie lost its way.

• Andy Diep

★★★★★ Added by Andy Diep

One of my all-time favorites.

Just a few dot points on why this is a fantastic movie until i can put it into proper prose:

- Manages to portray cheap, dirty sex without glamorizing it, which is not how a sex addict sees his life.

- Allows us to look at Brandon's life without reducing him to some disturbed, crazed pervert. Obviously a sympathetic character, and we can see the world through his eyes, but anyone who hasn't had sex…

• Milo

★★★★ Watched by Milo 26 Jul, 2015

Scavenger Hunt 4! (17/30) "A film featuring a fetish!": letterboxd.com/milo123/list/milo123s-scavenger-hunt-4-scavenger-world/.
    2011 Films Ranked: letterboxd.com/milo123/list/milo123s-2011-films-ranked/

"We're not bad people. We just come from a bad place."

Shame is a movie that I picked for this category because even if it loosely fits it, Steve McQueen's (12 Years A Slave) movie has been on my to watch list for a while due to the praise that it's received even if a movie about a sex addict isn't something that I'd normally watch.…

• sam2015

★½ Watched by sam2015 25 Jul, 2015

What the fuck did i just watch?!!

• Serbian Man

★★★★★ Added by Serbian Man

michael fassbender's penis is really big, as big as the scale of this film.

• Mary Smith

★★★★ Watched by Mary Smith 20 Jul, 2015

After I got to sit and contemplate how I felt about this film, my perception has changed drastically. The title within itself really defines the whole film. The depth that Michael Fassbender brings to his character is astonishing. Like others said, it is not just about his sex addiction, but his own inner conflict within himself. It kind of reminds me of his character in Fish Tank. Not only did he do an amazing job but, Carey Mulligan did a…

• M Kitchell

★★★ Rewatched by M Kitchell 30 Jan, 2012

I saw this in theater for the second time so I wouldn't have the memory of seeing it with my (recently, at the time) ex-boyfriend.

• Alexander Heff

★★★★ Added by Alexander Heff

In New York City, Brandon's carefully cultivated private life -- which allows him to indulge his sexual addiction -- is disrupted when his sister arrives unannounced for an indefinite stay.

"We're not bad people, we just come from a bad place."

This is a really morbid and sterile character study exploring addiction. Fassbinder is no doubt one of the finest living actors around and he carries this film with his incredible performance. It's good to see films made where the main character haven't learned or changed from their experiences.

Poignant and bold.