• Balu

★★★★★ Watched by Balu 17 Apr, 2014

It is one of those movies that will haunt you for a long time,
    and in a positive sense where it will make you think about addictions in general.
    Acting was absolutely brilliant and Steve McQueen has done an excellent job bringing so many different aspect of addicts daily problems on screen.
    Simply brilliant and best
    The musical score is outstanding
    One of the best movies of past few years
    Enjoyed watching Shame

• Doc Cortex

★★★½ Watched by Doc Cortex 09 Apr, 2014

Interesting if nothing else, Shame is an intriguing little caper from Steve Mcqueen, (who is disappointingly not Cool Hand Luke, but a decent director instead). Michael Fassbender plays the slimy and aloof Brandon, he's a womanising, thirty something go-getter until his slightly annoying sister turns up and everything goes pear shaped. It's a slow burning and detailed portrayal of love, loneliness and relationships and generally leaves you wanting more. I could have easily watched it in one sitting and that's…

• Nola47

★★★★ Watched by Nola47 12 Apr, 2014

Everyone is miserable in a different way.

I heard a lecture a few weeks ago by a prominent art historian regarding McQueen's work (largely his video art), and the general consensus seemed to be a strong dislike of his "Hollywood" work. This film was discussed most. I still don't really get the AH hating.

• Mike P

★★★★ Watched by Mike P 07 Apr, 2014

A version of Play Misty for Me where empty sexual pursuits are the arch-villain.

• Abdil Ali

★★★★½ Watched by Abdil Ali 10 Apr, 2014

Steve McQueen's films are characterized by average screenplays. This allows the full might of his idiosyncratic direction to come to the fore. Although difficult to watch at times, it was a marvellous experience. Great soundtrack, wonderful cinematography from Bobbitt, and a tour de force from Fassbender.

• Dylaned

★★★½ Watched by Dylaned 07 Apr, 2014

I'm probably too dumb to understand all the hype around every single McQueen's movie.

They're good, visually well made and all, but they're watchable at best.

'Shame' is way better than '12 years a slave' though.

• Susan Howson

★★★★ Watched by Susan Howson 01 Apr, 2014

Bleaugh. But beautiful?

• lorrie

★★★★★ Rewatched by lorrie 05 Apr, 2014

I will never grow tired of this film, it's so beautiful, one of my favorites.

• joshers

★★★★½ Added by joshers

My favourite from McQueen so far. Michael Fassbender is superb.

• Nikolas Alvarenga

★★★★★ Watched by Nikolas Alvarenga 03 Apr, 2014

A sublime, insightful, subtle, incredibly, original movie!

Extremely exhausting act of Michael Fassbender.

You can't see a cliché point in "Shame", it's a long journey to the deep of a sex fiend man named Brandon that lives his life as the routine commands, but its sex addict needs to be set free, if you know what i'm saying... until the his depressed sister arrives to torment his life... And you will follow until the conclusion.

Steve McQueen, you turned me as your fan! =)

• dvana

★★★★ Added by dvana

amazing work by steve mcqueen. the continuous takes are so interesting and captivating, making this film more like an experience than something cinematic. the material is both dark and emotionally heavy and manages to bring to light multiple characters with similar themes of self-inflicted battles of desire. it felt real, like i was imposing on realtime surveillance of real people and their struggles.

• Lucas

★★★★ Watched by Lucas 06 Oct, 2013

Don't watch this with your parents.