• Chase Eiland

★★★★ Watched by Chase Eiland 29 Jun, 2015

Epic drama with great fight scenes and an interesting take on guns vs Kung Fu. Fun cameo and comedic fighting by Jackie Chan.

• Erika Neves

★★★★★ Added by Erika Neves

Esse é mais um excelente drama épico estrelado por Andy Lau, com ótimas cenas de luta e uma história bem feita e envolvente.

Apesar de ter muitas cenas de ação e de lutas o filme é muito dramático,chegando a ser bem triste em diversos momentos.Mas a mensagem basicamente é de esperança de que qualquer pessoa, por pior que seja, sempre pode mudar para melhor,basta querer.Isso é mostrado na transformação do personagem de Andy Lau , em um arrogante general para…

• Memo Padilla

★★★ Watched by Memo Padilla 27 May, 2015

Super production China with action scenes, many action scenes mean. With nice comic moments, good production design, good acting, good direction in the action sequences, but ultimately full of cliches of the genre that make it all comes down.

Super producción China con escenas de acción, muchas escenas de acción quiero decir. Con agradables momentos cómicos, buen diseño de producción, buenas actuaciones, buena dirección en las secuencias de acción, pero al final llena de cliches del genero que hacen que todo se venga abajo.

• Henrik Wilhelmsson

★★★ Watched by Henrik Wilhelmsson 14 Apr, 2015

Ok kung fu-film, but nothing very special.

• msmere

Added by msmere

Great story!

• Panta Oz

★★★ Added by Panta Oz

I wanted to see this movie with all my heart... and that's why I was so dissapointed at the end... I expected so much more! Shaolin, also known as The New Shaolin Temple, is a 2011 film directed by Benny Chan, starring Andy Lau, Nicholas Tse, Wu Jing, Xing Yu, and Fan Bingbing, with a special appearance by Jackie Chan. It is an updated version of Jet Li's film debut, The Shaolin Temple which I loved and I lived in…

• joelhwa

Watched by joelhwa 14 Dec, 2011

2/10: Predictable storyline, unimpressive fighting scenes (despite being choreographed by Corey Yuen), uninteresting and draggy (about 130mins). I was expecting alot more but was a major letdown. They don't make good Wuxia films anymore.

• john lichman

★★ Watched by john lichman 14 Sep, 2014

Incredible sets, incredibly sparse on everything else as a warlord becomes a former warlord that becomes a shaolin monk that fights against his former protege that (spoiler) dies in the arms of Buddha.

Jackie Chan cameos as a janitor using ladders, noodles and brooms to fight much younger men.

• Jose González

★★½ Watched by Jose González 13 Jul, 2014

Tal y como esperaba es la típica película de hombre perdido que encuentra la luz, se convierte en héroe y blablablabla. Típica de kung-fu, monjes budistas y toda la parafernalia para explicar la historia más simple del mundo: el bien contra el mal. Que luego no está tan mal, las peleítas están entretenidas y eso pero ya está.

• Boost

★★★½ Added by Boost

Too long and drama heavy. Well directed and acted.

• James Gant

★★★★ Added by James Gant

I have watched a lot of bad martial arts movies, especially out of China. This movie is not among them. ;)

• Chevalier

★★★ Added by Chevalier

The whole film plays the story a bit too safe, enough to never become too ambitious and thus ,lacking the impact it could had. Still a decent affair, but with that cast it should had been more.