• Bethany

★★★★ Watched by Bethany 22 Nov, 2016

I was not super enthused about this but it ended up being so enjoyable. Love for Jackie Chan forever, but just in general I found this to be really touching and fun. The fighting is awesome, obviously, and the story is a good time.

• ristubasan

★★★★ Watched by ristubasan 27 Nov, 2016

The formula is at this point well trodden. Spectacular to watch anyway. A bit more melodrama than usual, and the Jackie Chan humor foil doesn't quite balance it out; and there is none of the political sophistication of, say, the Ip Man films here. But still good fun.

• Dr Eldon Tyrell

★★½ Watched by Dr Eldon Tyrell 24 Oct, 2016

This goes in all sorts of directions that were unexpected. Is it my hollywoodisation that I expect a touch of coherence? The tone is also all over the place. Redemption, hubris, child murder, then...slapstick comedy!! And unexpected Jackie Chan!!

• 61eRmovie

overall (100): 83

61eR ®

• Muchacho Jones

★★★★ Added by Muchacho Jones

I wasn't really into it until shit started going down around the half hour mark, but from that point on it was a genuinely moving story of reflection, transformation and repentance.

• dpaynter26

★★★★★ Watched by dpaynter26 28 Nov, 2015

This movie turned out to be quite an awesome film. I would love to find more films just like this!

• alancwise

★★★★ Watched by alancwise 15 Nov, 2015

That was epic.

• Chase Eiland

★★★★ Watched by Chase Eiland 29 Jun, 2015

Epic drama with great fight scenes and an interesting take on guns vs Kung Fu. Fun cameo and comedic fighting by Jackie Chan.

• Erika Neves

★★★★★ Added by Erika Neves

Esse é mais um excelente drama épico estrelado por Andy Lau, com ótimas cenas de luta e uma história bem feita e envolvente.

Apesar de ter muitas cenas de ação e de lutas o filme é muito dramático,chegando a ser bem triste em diversos momentos.Mas a mensagem basicamente é de esperança de que qualquer pessoa, por pior que seja, sempre pode mudar para melhor,basta querer.Isso é mostrado na transformação do personagem de Andy Lau , em um arrogante general para…

• Memo Padilla

★★★ Watched by Memo Padilla 27 May, 2015

Super production China with action scenes, many action scenes mean. With nice comic moments, good production design, good acting, good direction in the action sequences, but ultimately full of cliches of the genre that make it all comes down.

---

Super producción China con escenas de acción, muchas escenas de acción quiero decir. Con agradables momentos cómicos, buen diseño de producción, buenas actuaciones, buena dirección en las secuencias de acción, pero al final llena de cliches del genero que hacen que todo se venga abajo.

• Henrik Wilhelmsson

★★★ Watched by Henrik Wilhelmsson 14 Apr, 2015

Ok kung fu-film, but nothing very special.

• msmere