• Tomboy

- Oh! Stone Roses.
    – No.
    – Second Coming.
    – I like it!

Friends, family and ex-lovers have to set their problems aside to join forces and face the zombie apocalypse.

Shaun of the Dead presents itself as a buddy film involving undead creatures, romance and mass chaos. But it doesn’t start like that. Before reaching that point, it’s a laid-back comedy about a couple of losers living together that is quite entertaining to watch, but then the zombie…

• clarelouise4

★★★★ Added by clarelouise4

An enjoyable watch, lots of fun and silliness put into this. I liked the way they shown our lives drowning in day to day routine is somewhat similar to being zombiefied, is clever. And of course the ending, perfect. Zombies and humour don't always blend well for me but it deserves credit :)

• Jonathan Gadd

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jonathan Gadd 28 Feb, 2015

Even more entertaining with a group of good friends, food and beer. Great fun!

• AlexFragaC

★★★★★ Added by AlexFragaC

Funny, cleverly written, awesomely acted.

• Glen Grunau

★★½ Watched by Glen Grunau 23 Feb, 2015 4

Not my first choice, but my friend has been pestering me to watch a zombie movie for quite some time and he managed to persuade me in a moment of weakness.

I have to admit that I managed to break forth with a few laughs. I also appreciated the zombie metaphor, fascinated by the challenge of discerning who the true zombies were - the "Plodding Alive" or The Walking Dead. There was also something to be said about true loyalty…

• Logan B. Anderson

★★★★½ Rewatched by Logan B. Anderson 14 Feb, 2015

Ahh, Valentine's Day. As if we couldn't have enough hearts ripped out on this wonderful day, The girlfriend and I decide to watch Zombies do it instead.

Actually, this was a rewatch for me, and and it still holds up, although it was a little slow to start this time around, maybe it was because the girlfriend hadn't seen it and I was accommodating for the new audience member. Either way, it was a lot of fun, and still very…

• Chase Eiland

★★★★★ Watched by Chase Eiland 15 Sep, 2013

Brilliant film, does everything right.

• Purpple

★★ Added by Purpple

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I really liked the beginning of the movie, the starting zombie apocalypse on the background etc. was really funny. But then... I don't know, when the characters started dying... maybe I just took it too seriously but it left me feeling uneasy.

• Derek Diercksmeier

★★★★½ Watched by Derek Diercksmeier 21 Feb, 2015

Why is everyone in this film so damn lovable?

All I'd seen from Edgar Wright's Cornetto trilogy was The World’s End and absolutely loved it. Also saw parts of Hot Fuzz on television and didn't care for it, but that was long ago. Shaun of the Dead has such an enthusiastic cult following and deservedly so. This film is massively charming and filled with subtly brilliant humor. There's immense chemistry among the cast and Wright's direction is remarkably energetic. Not much else to say that hasn't been said elsewhere.

• Alexandre Giacomelli

★★★★½ Rewatched by Alexandre Giacomelli 19 Feb, 2015

Otimo e muito divertido.

• Erik Mathews

★★★★★ Added by Erik Mathews

Shaun of the Dead is great. It's a stylish, unique send up of the zombie movie, but never feels like an outright spoof of the genre. In fact, not only is it an effective zombie film, it's an effective romantic comedy. A ZomRomCom, if you will.

Edgar Wright's first wide theatrical release is incredibly well directed, It's stylish, perfectly edited, and moves at a brisk pace. There's never a dull moment. The jokes hit hard, and the jokes come often.…

• AfterMovieDiner

★★★★ Rewatched by AfterMovieDiner 14 Feb, 2015

An impressive debut for all involved. Funny, knowing and well acted. Falls apart a little for me in the final act.