• TheLuckyStick

★★★★★ Rewatched by TheLuckyStick 31 Oct, 2014

"We're coming to get you, Barbara!"

• Movieman97

★★★★½ Added by Movieman97

In the first installment of director Edgar Wright's Cornetto trilogy starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, "Shaun of the Dead" is a hilarious and cleverly well-written satire on the classic zombie horror film. Served with an abundance of clever visual jokes and fast-paced directing and editing styles, "Shaun of the Dead" is an energetic, and sometimes suspenseful, comedic romp.

• Brett Blumenkopf

★★★★★ Rewatched by Brett Blumenkopf 31 Oct, 2014

I've been watching horror movies I've never seen before all month long, but I wanted to go with one of my favorites for Halloween itself, especially after having such a terrible day, personally. I debated watching Cronenberg's The Fly, or Carptenter's The Thing, or even Scream, which I haven't watched in awhile, but in the end I went with good 'ol Shaun of the Dead - with commentary from Wright and Pegg! The movie is just as perfect as ever, and the commentary is as funny and informative as you'd hope it to be.

• RaisinBoy

★★★★★ Rewatched by RaisinBoy 28 Oct, 2014

Do I really need to say more other than this film is still as fantastic and funny as ever?

I wouldn't call Shaun of the Dead a parody of the zombie genre, it's far more it's own film with it's own plot and characters and hell it even feels like it's being it's own zombie film, but it makes fun of a lot of the aspects of the zombie genre and at times is often hilarious with the way it…

• FanBoyCritic

★★★★ Watched by FanBoyCritic 31 Oct, 2014

Shaun Of The Dead(2004)
    Starring:Simon Pegg,Nick Frost,Kate Ashfield,Lucy Davis,DylanMoran,Peter Serafinowicz, Penelope Wilton,Steve Emerson,Nicola Cunningham,Reece Shearsmith,Bill Nighy,and Jessica Hynes
    Directed By:Edgar Right
    Review
    A ROMANTIC COMEDY. WITH ZOMBIES.
    Hello Kiddies your pal the crypt-critic here with a horror movie so great you'll die laughing. This is the beginning of my marathon with Edgar Wrights Cornetto trilogy but the end of Hoop-tober. Either way grab a pint and a cornetto.
    There comes a day in every man's life when he has to…

• Sean Kelly

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sean Kelly 31 Oct, 2014

October HorrorFest 2014 Film 17

After a decade, I definitely still consider this one of my all time favorites. The "Don't Stop Me Now" scene is probably one of the best comedy sequences ever.

• Michael Valentine

★★★★ Rewatched by Michael Valentine 29 Oct, 2014

Great great film. I've only seen it once before a long time ago remember liking it a ton but not loving it. I saw it mentioned on a blog to be a great Halloween film to dive into in between pumpkin carving and cider sipping...so I gave it another go. The World's End is my favorite of the Cornetto Trilogy, but I was really taken with how perfect the direction, editing, and how well Edgar Wright did everything in Shaun. Just makes me even more depressed he's not doing Ant-man. Way to ruin everything Marvel.

• Jonathan White

★★★★½ Watched by Jonathan White 28 Oct, 2014 14

Well that was freakin’ brilliant!

Much like Wong Kar Wai’s Love trilogy, I backed into the Cornetto trilogy in the middle, watched the end, and then came back to the beginning. Fun Fact: Here in the Colonies, a Cornetto is known as a Drumstick. They are also available in at least three flavours.

While I liked the first act of Hot Fuzz, it’s descent into a cliché shoot-em-up third act put me off. I vaguely knew at the time that…

• Andrew Warren

★★★★★ Watched by Andrew Warren 29 Oct, 2014

I don't know why I've never seen this before, but woo, finally seen it!

• Bram Sterling

★★★★ Watched by Bram Sterling 27 Oct, 2014 1

Aw, yes! What a genius Edgar Wright is! What a clever, creative, hysterically funny director Edgar Wright truly is. In a world where comedies more often than not lack any inspiration, seeing a director who actually knows what he's doing and knows how to do it is enormously refreshing, and makes for a riotously fun time at the movies.

In Shaun of the Dead, the titular character (Pegg) is 29 years old but is frankly a wee bit of a…

• Thomas Pollock

★★★½ Watched by Thomas Pollock 23 Oct, 2014

Cult and B Horror Film Marathon Film 14#

This is another I should of watched sooner and don't know why I hadn't. It was a fun spin on the zombie genre and definitely had me laughing. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are a great comedy duo and I just might watch the recent "The World's End" now.

Everything seems to go wrong for Simon is his quiet and messy life with his housemate Ed. As he goes to his job…

• Daniel Melvill Jones

★★★★ Watched by Daniel Melvill Jones 17 Oct, 2014

And so I complete the Cornetto Trilogy, working backwards!

Perhaps the most uplifting of all three films. It is also the most obvious (the other two keep you guessing for much of its duration).

There is so much to like here. The crazy offbeat humour (fighting off zombies with records, but only the records Shaun doesn't like that much), the zombie/ human parallels, the way Shaun slowly turns into a bloodied hero.

I'm all the more crushed at Edgar Wright leaving Ant-Man and have all the more respect for this trilogy.