• Jacob deNobel

Rewatched by Jacob deNobel 22 Oct, 2014

Maybe not my favorite Edgar Wright flick, but one heck of a calling card. There's a lot of compelling drama and great humor all layered onto a pretty decent zombie story at the core. Very hard movie to dislike.

• Tahseen Rahman

★★★★ Added by Tahseen Rahman

Would have been better if the girl wasn't there. A love story between Nick Frost and Simon Pegg is always amazing.

• João Garcias

★★★★½ Watched by João Garcias 23 Nov, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Marika

★★★★ Watched by Marika 17 Nov, 2014 3

Finally, a romantic comedy I can enjoy. Ironically, compared to other zombie films, Shaun of the Dead is probably the most accurate portrayal of what would happen during a zombie apocalypse.

Shaun is a push-over. A drunk. A procrastinator. An unaccomplished 29 year old. A man with daddy issues who is far too attached to his best friend, and not enough to his girlfriend. It seems there is nothing that is going to force him to face all of his…

• AvenueDave

★★★★ Rewatched by AvenueDave 16 Nov, 2014

Shaun of the Dead is a humorous homage to Zombie movies from director Edgar Wright; an outrageous romantic comedy with zombies.

Movie #163

My 2 Cents: Really funny take on zombie movies. 4/5.

(4/5) - Memorable cinematic fare with flair, verve, polish, sheen, and panache. Easily able to recommend to friends.

IMDB: 8.0/10
    Rotten Tomatoes: 92% (Critics)
    Rotten Tomatoes: 93% (Audience)

• Christina

★★★½ Rewatched by Christina 28 Jan, 2014

I really enjoyed this movie. It is a successful blend of comedy and horror; a funny take on the zombie craze. I love how oblivious the characters are toward the action happening all around them. Pegg and Frost are a hilarious duo and Wright created a well-paced, visually interesting piece I can enjoy repeatedly.

• Nick Hawryluk

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nick Hawryluk 16 Nov, 2014

Incredibly tight script moves effortlessly, enhanced by inventive and exciting directorial and editorial choices. Purely enjoyable jack and master of all trades- this film is the reason I watch movies.

• Signora Fosca

★★★★ Watched by Signora Fosca 19 Aug, 2013

Edgar Wright begins his trilogy with this, a zombie homage with all the wit and humor that should come with such a type of film. It's all pretty genius, particularly the first half of the film, and Wright finds comedic gold in his stars Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.

Despite minor mis-marketing with the whole "romantic comedy" thing and an oddly written mother character, there's not too much wrong with the film. Wright's slick direction wraps up nicely the snappy…

• GeekGirl

★★★ Watched by GeekGirl 15 Nov, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• jakeperalta

★★★ Watched by jakeperalta 14 Jun, 2014

cornetto trilogy ayy

• Joey

★★★★ Added by Joey

Funny, emotional, and scary... basically, everything a good movie should be.

• Adrian Zachow

★★★★ Rewatched by Adrian Zachow 10 Aug, 2010

Very funny indeed. Simon Pegg's take on zombie movies is extremely clever and witty (in a geeky kind of way). Pegg and Frost share even better chemistry than they did in "Spaced". . .