• chermisc

★★★ Watched by chermisc 30 Aug, 2014

I've never had much interest in zombie movies, but my brother recommended this and I decided to give it a try. I have to admit I enjoyed it. I was expecting more of a spoof and less of an actual horror movie and was surprised at how it was pretty balanced between the two. It had some pretty gory moments, and that doesn't really do much for me, but overall I thought it was pretty good. Love the differences between American and British humor.

• itsrainingfrogs

★★★★★ Watched by itsrainingfrogs 17 Jun, 2013

Shaun of the Dead
    The day after breaking up with his girlfriend, a man named Shaun finds himself fighting zombies that have taken over London.

5 Great Things
    1. It reinvents the zombie movie.
    2. It's the best British comedy since Monty Python.
    3. Unique direction by Edgar Wright.
    4. Strong lead performances by Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.
    5. "Don't Stop Me Now"

• ploum

★★★★ Added by ploum

The first hour is perfect and makes it a classic, a must watch. The second part is, unfortunately, actors having fun with plenty of gore and action while boring the audience.

But a classic anyway.

• Gregory David Escobar

★★★★½ Rewatched by Gregory David Escobar 30 Aug, 2014 1

Imprescindible. Edgar Wright y su primera película de la trilogía Cornetto y como el presupuesto no lo es todo. Mucho menos, las formulas flojas para hacer comedias. Una gran clase de ritmo, dirección, timing y edición.

• KMOKLER

★★★★½ Added by KMOKLER

The best when it comes to black comedy movies this is just a classic, funny movies that is just too entertaining not to watch over and over again.

• Hunter

★★★½ Watched by Hunter 27 Aug, 2014 1

The World's End was a bit of an eye-opener for me. I'd never heard of the Cornetto Trilogy and had somehow managed to unconsciously avoid any marketing for The World's End, so when my friends talked me into seeing it with them at the theater a year ago, you can imagine my abrupt and beaming delight at the movie before me.

Working my way backwards to Shaun of the Dead, I realized that that certain magic would probably never be…

• Gnske

★★★½ Added by Gnske

Regardless of whether you own a collection of fedoras and enjoy wearing cargo pants, this is a comfy and fun film to watch for most people.

• Gunther Ramysen

★★★★½ Watched by Gunther Ramysen 27 Aug, 2014

Shaun Of The Dead is a movie full of genius. The scene with the vinyl and the scene with Don't Stop Me Now are absolute highlights. And it's also the first one in the so-called Cornetto Trilogy. Simon Pegg & Edgar Wright please make some more movies who are on the same level as the cornetto trilogy.

• Danny Gray

★★★★★ Rewatched by Danny Gray 14 Aug, 2014

After a bit of a break from films in a hectic month of my life, it felt fitting that one of the few films I should be able to squeeze in was Shaun of the Dead, which is probably one of my top-5 favourite comedies of all time. A perfect blend of visual humour, brilliantly scripted dialogue, timeless one-liners and love/hate-able characters, this film laid the foundations of a style and themes which were carried through the unofficial "Cornetto Trilogy".

• Applebaumk

★★★★½ Added by Applebaumk

Brilliant directing help this zombie comedy mix horror with witty humor.

• qtf94

★★★★★ Added by qtf94

I rewatched 'Shaun of the dead' and every time I watch it I can't stop laughing. The Cornetto-trilogy is totally worth a watch. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are great actors and together they are perfect. I love how some actors like Martin Freeman or Bill Nighy appear in every movie as a different character. If you haven't done it yet go and watch 'Shaun of the dead'. If you loved it go and watch 'The world's end' and 'Hott Fuzz'.

• Luke Patterson

★★★★★ Added by Luke Patterson

I can't really put into words how fucking amazing this movie is but it's got everything I love about movies. It's funny, gory, scary, action packed, heartfelt and amazing. It's the one movie I would watch over and over again. How's that for a slice of fried gold?