• cronic

★★★★ Added by cronic

8/10

• boyleboy

★★★½ Rewatched by boyleboy 26 Jul, 2014

It hasn't aged particularly well (I was watching it on a mate's particularly fancy TV, and you could practically see the make-up), and it still plays out like an extended episode of Spaced (where Hot Fuzz and The World's End departed from that formula with reasonable success), but there's still loads to love. Nick Frost in particular, but also Edgar Wright's smash-cut edits.

• Mette Kowalski

★★★★½ Watched by Mette Kowalski 25 Jul, 2014

Shockingly even better
    on second watch.
    That's what Edgar Wright
    Does.

• Jamie

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jamie 24 Jul, 2014

This is the second year I've gotten a zombie movie for my birthday! I don't know how I will beat this for my next birthday because this one is just about as good as it gets!

• MatthewLB

★★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 20 Jul, 2014

"You've got red on you". The jokes in the movie was funny and clever and the writing is well made and the movie is a blast to watch.

• ayane

★★★★★ Watched by ayane 18 Jul, 2014

Shaun of the Dead sets the bar extremely, extremely high for parodical films.

It hits all the right beats. It's romantic, it's grotesque, it's tragic, it's comic. Simon Pegg soars as the offbeat (yet totally normal) title character, succeeding where other actors would have failed. He never comes off as whiny or self-sufficient. He's relatable and adorable, and so so SO fun to watch.

The camera work is insanely delicious. I can't stress how beautiful the entire film looks and…

• Tomas Walther

★★★★ Rewatched by Tomas Walther 20 Jun, 2014

Great!

• Bethany

★★★★ Added by Bethany

A zombie comedy at it's finest.

• Stef

★★★★½ Watched by Stef 03 Sep, 2007

Yeah, I can't NOT love a movie which features a zombie fight scene choreographed after a Queen song.

• Tin

★★★★★ Added by Tin 2

One can safely deduce that this movie will be a comedy that parodies the zombie genre. I mean, the title is a dead giveaway (see what I did there?!). With that said, I was expecting fake blood and cartoonish zombies that says: "Brains, brains". But boy, the undead looked frighteningly real, I had my eyes in a squint whenever I was anticipating a close-up. But the story is more than just surviving the zombie apocalypse. The characters also had to…

• Austin P.

★★★★ Rewatched by Austin P. 10 Jul, 2014

Half of this film's comedy comes from the actors who showcased brilliant comic timing. The other half comes from the hysterical shots and cuts that make up the movie. This works really well for me.

• PartyOnWayne

★★★★ Added by PartyOnWayne

Simon Pegg is a phenomenal actor, everyone in this movie is great actually, but he outshines everyone. No easy feat considering the company he keeps here.