• Daniel Charchuk

★★★½ Watched by Daniel Charchuk 16 May, 2016

Somewhat adhering to the confines of the biopic form makes this less interesting than Repo Man, though Gary Oldman's dynamic, lived-in performance is better than anything in the earlier film. Come for the raw punk rock lifestyle, stay for the abstract Romeo & Juliet metaphors.

• Rebecca

★★★½ Watched by Rebecca 13 May, 2016

style.

• Jeff Iblings

★★½ Watched by Jeff Iblings 04 Apr, 2016

I'd wanted to see this movie for a long time, but it was not what I expected. It is a gritty disturbing look at a life spiraling out of control. It does a good job of portraying drugs downward influence on a life, but is not something I'd watch again.

• Ian Bulaclac

★★★★½ Watched by Ian Bulaclac 26 Apr, 2016

Probably the best biopic I've seen about a punk rocker and his girlfriend. Gary Oldman is incredible in this movie. He basically became Sid and gave a performance that should've gotten him recognition during awards season. Highly recommend this one for fans of hardcore punk music and biopics.

• alambert0811

★★★★ Watched by alambert0811 23 Apr, 2016

Excellent acting and an interesting biopic, but also so, so morbid. Johnny Rotten had stated that essentially none of this film is acvurate, which seems doubtful, but if it is fiction, it is one of the more compelling fictionalized accounts of a musician I have seen.

• jimmyjone

★★★ Added by jimmyjone

I see now how accurate that sketch from The State was.

• Sarah Jane

★★★ Rewatched by Sarah Jane 16 Apr, 2016 3

I wish I could say this film has held up for me over the years but I can't. When I saw this as a young teen, I really loved it. Why? Probably because I went through a phase in my life where I listened to "punk" and had the "Never Mind the Bollocks.." poster on my wall. To the kid me, it was gritty, it had good music, etc. To the adult me, wow, this film looks really shoddily made.…

• Eddie G

★★★★½ Added by Eddie G

Very emotionally disturbing scenes. Very well done.

• Nick van Lieshout

Watched by Nick van Lieshout 19 Apr, 2016

Loud, obnoxious, grating, irritating, disgusting, vile, uncomfortable, filthy, and irresponsible, SID AND NANCY represents everything the punk scene stood for.

And I kind of hated it.

Sure, it's well-made to an extent and the performances are on point, but I couldn't give two shits about the lead characters. Did I feel sorry for them? Yeah, but only in so far as you feel bad for anyone whose fallen down the rabbit hole of addiction. But it doesn't mean I want…

• Justin Shaw

★★★ Rewatched by Justin Shaw 04 Apr, 2016

ok, but when is alex cox going to make that x-ray spex movie i've been asking for since middle school?

• dvaughn

★★★★½ Watched by dvaughn 30 Mar, 2016

This is a horror movie about codependency. Despite being heroin junkies, it was their relationship that was the unhealthiest part of their lives.

Impressively visual and occasionally dreamlike. Both performances are great. But no matter how great Gary Oldman is, it's Chloe Webb who steals the show. She was an absolute monster. Grotesque.

May be the best punk movie I've ever seen. Really gets the humor of it all.

There were maybe a couple sequences that could have been shortened or cut, because they felt like they were hitting the same nail on the head twice.

• Eric N.