• Stéfany Lacerda

★★★ Watched by Stéfany Lacerda 01 Apr, 2014

Punk!

• Anne-Julie

★★★½ Watched by Anne-Julie 04 Apr, 2014

This is a movie about two of the most pathetic celebrities that ever lived. And still, because of Gary Oldman's incredible performance, I cannot hate anything about them. Everything about their life .. and death is just so depressing. Still, it is a great movie about a self-destructive couple drove by drugs and nothing else. With Gary Oldman, who simply IS Sid Vicious. Gary Oldman deserves an oscar for every role he just gets. And the ending sequence was beautiful,…

• Tom Prankerd

★★★ Added by Tom Prankerd

A pair of stunning lead performances and a semi-accurate look at an infamous relationship. However, the film comes far too close to idolising an idiotic yob who couldn't play bass and stabbed his girlfriend to death.

• Matt

Added by Matt

Beautiful direction and Gary Oldman is great. Shame Chloe Webb is so fucking annoying.

•  Justin Purwitsky

★★★★ Watched by Justin Purwitsky 06 Nov, 2013

There are two things that make me give this film a score of 82.

First is the authenticity to the look of the film. By that I mean the sets, locales and costumes are spot on. I never grew up in London or America during the timeframe of this movie but having watched the real life footage of Sid and Nancy (on the Criterion DVD) it looked almost identical to the film (or should I say the film looked almost…

• bobche3001

★★★★ Added by bobche3001

Amazing movie about how love kills.

• Zak Seeker

★★★★★ Added by Zak Seeker

Great Punk Rock love story about a mostly harmless idiot and his toxic girlfriend. Also, Roger fuckin' Deakins.

• K3NG0

★★★★ Watched by K3NG0 14 Feb, 2014 3

Hard to take your eyes away from, but tough to watch at times.

• AJ Wiley

★★★ Watched by AJ Wiley 09 Jan, 2014

Gary Oldman is so, so good in Sid and Nancy. So good and true and shattering that I wish the rest of the film lived up to his performance. The first half, with all the Sex Pistols stuff, is half-assed at best, rushing through so much of what should have been integral in establishing who Sid Vicious was. Later, as the focus shifts to Sid and Nancy--played by an incredibly annoying Chloe Webb--the film gains newfound purpose, showing the two…

• Amy Ashdown

★★★ Watched by Amy Ashdown 20 Jan, 2014

Some good moments but overall a bit 'meh'.

• Dale Barber

★★★½ Watched by Dale Barber 14 Jan, 2014

Gary Oldman is absolutely phenomenal in this film, possibly one of his best performances, he really makes this film what it is. It's pretty dark but as it's a biopic of Sid Vicious you can't really expect anything else. It's good throughout, it's not massively well made in places, it's not the best biopic but it isn't the worst

• MirthBound

½ Watched by MirthBound 12 Jan, 2014

[pass] (31min) The actress who plays Nancy is fucking brutal, ruined the film for me