• Joe

★★★★ Watched by Joe 21 Jul, 2015 1

"You guys aren't going anywhere, are you?" - Bowery Snax, who went on to get off drugs and become a high-ranking official with the US government's Counter-Terrorism Unit, never losing his acerbic wit along the way.

There's a heightened reality here, almost like Raging Bull but goofier, more baroque, more surreal and comedic, that it took me 30 or 40 minutes to get acclimated to, at least up to the point that it was possible for me to do so.…

• Rafael Umaña

★★★½ Watched by Rafael Umaña 12 Jul, 2015

First time seeing this film from beginning to end. I've seen scenes in film class in the past. It's really intense and filled with a lot of screaming haha. I enjoyed it, but didn't love it. Probably not a re-watch candidate.

• José Viana

★★★ Watched by José Viana 12 Jul, 2015

quite glad she died, couldn't stand her screams anymore to be honest

• Matty Stanfield

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matty Stanfield 21 Dec, 1986

I can remember the sense of excitement I had when I was able to see it. I can also remember the shock of seeing Gary Oldman and Chloe Webb approach their respective roles in such a vitally realistic way. It was not what I expected from an Alex Cox movie. But what he delivered was so much more than I thought he could do.

The film itself is often truly gutting, but just as you feel like you're sliding into…

• Jean Albernaz

★★★½ Watched by Jean Albernaz 05 Jul, 2015

Gary Oldman and Alex Cox.

Nuff said.

• bulletproofQpid

★★★★ Rewatched by bulletproofQpid 03 Jul, 2015

"I hate my fuckin' life."
    "This is just a rough patch. Things'll be much better when we get to America, I promise."
    "We're in America. We've been here a week. New York is in America, you fuck."

In the course of making a film about one legendary performer, Alex Cox wound up introducing the world to another, the inestimable Gary Oldman. Oldman is incredible as Sid Vicious, all piss and vinegar early on and incoherent junkie mess as the film,…

• Scott D'Agostino

★★★★ Watched by Scott D'Agostino 23 Jun, 2015

A really good biopic of Sid Vicious with a great, star-making performance from Gary Oldman.

• Mark Gubarenko

★★★★ Watched by Mark Gubarenko 20 Jun, 2015

Spine #20 of "Criterion Collection".

• Evan Douglas

★★★ Rewatched by Evan Douglas 13 Jun, 2015

I'm going to become a Rude boy, like my Dad.

• Varghese Eapen

★★★★½ Watched by Varghese Eapen 13 Jun, 2015

Commissioner Gordon goes on Punk Mode while his girlfriend Nancy is hysterically realistic and scary..Alex Cox captures the downward spiral of one of rock's most infamous couples with utmost honesty. All the cliches are in order but it's done with so much visceral sincerity it is hard not to look away and not applaud.

• Cody Ritchie

★★★½ Watched by Cody Ritchie 09 Jun, 2015

One of the most important punk films you will ever watch telling the story of punk rock icon Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen's often very sad and abusive relationship between one another that comes across as surprisingly touching and heartfelt throughout several moments in the film. I thought Sid & Nancy did an amazing job of capturing the feel of the punk scene in England during the mid-'70s as well as New York a couple of years later. Gary Oldman somehow…

• Fesapo