• The Movie King

½ Watched by The Movie King 22 Jun, 2014

Looking at my extremely low score for Snow White and the Huntsman, you'd think that I am a absolute hater of all-things fairy tales and believe they're a waste of time, but that's not true. Most of the fairy tales told on screen have been a great teaching tool to children of each generation, with adaptations made by Disney being some of the strongest in the genre, including Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast,…

• Sozaka

★½ Added by Sozaka

Comfy theater seats plus a bad movie = happy nap time. Needless to say it didn't grab me. Even with Kristen Stewart's Oscar worthy performance (sarcasm). I watched it later, made sure to have some coffee and confirmed my distaste for it.

• Justin

★★ Added by Justin

Instead of beating around the bush, I’ll go ahead and throw this out there, since we’ve all known it from the very beginning: Kristin Stewart is an awful actress. It might as well be mentioned, since it’s also a good springboard into the justified criticism that her performance has received. From the Twilight movies up until now, she’s somehow managed to capture the hearts and minds of tweens all across the world. Perhaps its her wooden, unresponsive glazed-over look of…

• Darth Huber

★★★½ Added by Darth Huber

Really dug the darker edge to the film, unfortunately it suffers from trying to be too epic at times. Love Charlize Theron as the evil queen and Chris Hemsworth is great as the Huntsman, heck even Kristen Stewart wasn't even terrible (despite the terrible speech she's suppose to make).

• mj33

★★ Added by mj33 2

last film i actually went to the movies to see... So funny, simply because it was so bad and actually had a great time watching it.

• radiomanhead

★★½ Added by radiomanhead

Película irregular, pero visualmente poderosa y con buen ritmo, aunque tiene algunas partes que me han parecido particularmente penosas:

El caballo que esta sentado ahí y que aparece de la nada, el "discurso motivador" de Blancanieves es de vergüenza ajena, ademas, podemos añadir a esto los "homenajes" (mas bien plagio) a "La Historia sin fin" y "La Princesa Mononoke", ademas el tiempo esta manejado de forma caótica.

En general no esta mal para pasar el rato y gracias a su buena factura pero no me parece buen cine ni de lejos.

• Miikka Mononen

★★★ Watched by Miikka Mononen 12 Jul, 2014

Here's a film that looks so incredibly artificial that at some point during the post-production, particularly the color correction process, someone must have made the conscious decision to create a film that looks exactly like a 20 year old's image of the perfect Photoshop image edit. The contrast between black and white has that quaint gradient map+overlay thing going for it. Now this could easily be a bad thing, but the movie just goes with it, constructing shots in a…

• MatthewLB

★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 09 Aug, 2014

Mirror mirror on the wall is this going to be better then mirror mirror. This movie is a lot better then mirror mirror but was this film amazing well I can say yes.this movie was okay but this movie was like lord of the rings and Narnia.

• moviedave

★★★★½ Rewatched by moviedave 05 Aug, 2014

no need to go into that one, its snow white and the seven dwarves. I am sure you all know the story!

review
    this is no sanitised Disney version of the story, but a dark story of murder, betrayal and revenge.
    set pieces are dark, gothic and grimy, and give a real lived in feel of medieval times.
    CGI effects are top of the line, with glass warriors, trolls, fairies.
    battles and fights are well done and intense. an all…

• slayra

★★½ Watched by slayra 05 Aug, 2014

Not that bad except the actress that plays Snow White... Is not very good.

• Steve Kimes

★★½ Added by Steve Kimes

Derivative. Nice to see Thor kicking some butt again, tho.

• Sean Sexton

★★½ Watched by Sean Sexton 22 Jan, 2013

Snow White fights back, battling evil queen with the help of hunstman sent to kill her.

Beautiful to watch for the visuals, but the characters were paper thin and the plot too compex to make any sense.

Good: Visuals are quite stunning, perfectly supporting the dark moody world that the story takes place in.

Bad: Convoluted backstory that is nearly impossible to follow for an adult, much less a kid. Why do we care?

Rating: 5.5 / 10 (Fair)