• Audrey

★½ Watched by Audrey 16 Apr, 2014 5

Why is it nowadays that every kind of film has to be turned into an action flick? Snow White is a perfectly nice fairy tale, and one can incorporate enough twists into it without turning the film adaptation into a constant battle zone.

Unfortunately, an action movie with fairytale characters is what we get in Snow White and the Huntsman. The film has only two redeeming aspects: its lovely cinematography, and Chris Hemsworth, who continues doing what he does best:…

• Marcos Araujo

★★½ Watched by Marcos Araujo 05 Apr, 2014

Nada de novo... mesmice.

• Alexander V

★½ Watched by Alexander V 04 Apr, 2014 2

I am not the biggest Kristin Stewart fan and after watching her as Snow White my negative perception of her ability to act was only reinforced.

Rupert Sanders tried a brave thing, to twist a very well known fairy tale in order to surprise and impress his audience.

Although a brave effort, unfortunately he failed (at least for me) for Snow White and the Huntsman did what no movie ever should do....it bored me senseless.

• Eric

★★½ Watched by Eric 01 Jul, 2012

It comes as a surprise that, of the two “Snow White” adaptations that were released to multiplexes in the past three months, Tarsem Singh directed the kitschy family adventure Mirror, Mirror. Snow White and the Huntsman contains the remarkable visual pleasures that one would associate with his work, featuring stunningly costumed actors traversing through a bizarre dreamscape. However, as is also expected of Singh, it fails as a narrative in almost every sense (but oh, how pretty!) First-time feature filmmaker…

• centenaryman

★★★★ Watched by centenaryman 21 Mar, 2014

Snow white and the huntsman is one of those films that can and is often over looked, it’s an effects heavy, big budget blockbuster. It’s true this type of film can be lowest common denominator entertainment and whilst this particular one isn’t going to change film history, it is fun.
    You start with the famous fairy tale as a blueprint and then embellish it with Tolkien aesthetics, you then add a dash of Guillermo del Toro styling and you’ve got…

• Tony Black

Watched by Tony Black 19 Mar, 2014 4

From the moment Chris Hemsworth's horrendous Gerard Butler impression was heard (ie the very first scene), the tone was set for me here. It was going to be one of *those* blockbusters.

Look this is visually arresting in places, capturing cinematically the spirit of Snow White's world, but it's lacking any kind of charm or whimsy, and the writing stinks. Hemsworth tried but is hampered by that accent, Kristen Stewart has all the charisma of a toilet brush and the…

• JJ79

★★½ Watched by JJ79 16 Mar, 2014

Not the least of my problems with this movie is it wants the audience to believe Kristen Stewart is more "fair" than Charlize Theron. That's not going to happen in any time period. Then there's the fact this adventure runs over 2 hours and plays like a reject from the world of Willow. Filled with magic and giants and fairies and all manner of other creatures, somehow the human race hasn't evolved past swords and bows and arrows.

Then there's…

• that_guy

★★ Watched by that_guy 12 Mar, 2014

Outside of slick production values and Charlize Theron, this is one fantasy flick I just can't muster up any excitement over.
    Dull, overlong and with little to get roused by.

• Elisio Gomes

★★★½ Watched by Elisio Gomes 08 Mar, 2014

A dark version of the childhood tale

• Jana

★★ Added by Jana

Visually great to watch. Almost all the actors were pretty good. Charlize was standout. Could watch Chris Hemsworth all day, especially with a Scottish brogue.

But you know, it's Kristen Stewart as the lead. I think she's progressing on the emotion front, but she's only gone from 0 to like 2. She's a blank character and the plot only makes sense if you don't think about it, at all.

Enjoyed it, but probably wouldn't watch it again.

• Eastwood Allen

★★ Watched by Eastwood Allen 28 Feb, 2014

Generic action. Charlise doesn't really shift from one room in her palace and the two leads are borderline awful.

• Marcus Alan Ryckman

★★★ Watched by Marcus Alan Ryckman 01 Mar, 2014

This movie kinda surprised me. It had a dark tone that caught me off guard and kept me interested. Charlize Theron was amazing and her role as the Queen, or Ravenna, actually scared me. Probably because I'm afraid of unstable women in general. Great cast all around.