• Pignut

★★½ Added by Pignut

What is so wrong with this film? From reading the Letterboxd reviews, anyone would think it was more offensive than a Holocaust denier at a BNP rally. For god's sake, you people.

I thought it was fine. The direction is good enough, the script is good enough, it looks great, the performances are... good enough... er, that's what's so offensive, isn't it? Okay, I get your point.

But seriously, if I were to really pick holes in it... Kristen Stewart…

• Roger Joseph Ebert

★★★★½ Added by Roger Joseph Ebert

"Snow White and the Huntsman" reinvents the legendary story in a film of astonishing beauty and imagination. It's the last thing you would expect from a picture with this title. It falters in its storytelling, because Snow White must be entirely good, the Queen must be entirely bad, and there's no room for nuance. The end is therefore predetermined. But, oh, what a ride.

This is an older Snow White than we usually think of. Played for most of the…

• Daniel Charchuk

★★ Watched by Daniel Charchuk 05 Jun, 2012

Kristen Stewart cannot act happy (her attempt at a smile at the end was hilarious), so the central crux of the entire film falls apart. But Charlize is sexy and the dwarves are fun.

Better than Alice, but that's hardly an achievement.

• TatianeRocha

★★★½ Watched by TatianeRocha 19 Apr, 2014

Home.

• Wulf | Medienjournal

★★★ Watched by Wulf | Medienjournal 19 Apr, 2014

"Snow White & the Huntsman" erzählt im Grunde die altbekannte Geschichte in einer optisch und atmosphärisch mehr als ansprechenden Art und Weise. Tiefgründigkeit sucht man zwar vergebens und auch wenn es schön gewesen wäre, nicht so hemmungslos bei anderen Filmen des Genres zu klauen, so ist dem Film sein Unterhaltungswert nicht abzusprechen.

Mehr gibt es unter:

medienjournal-blog.de/2014/04/review-snow-white-and-the-huntsman-extended-cut-film/

• Marvell

★½ Added by Marvell

A few cool shots, and the art direction was nice-ish. Overall, pretty forgettable.

• Audrey

★½ Watched by Audrey 16 Apr, 2014 10

Why is it nowadays that every big budget film has to be turned into an action flick? Snow White is a perfectly nice fairy tale, and one can incorporate enough twists into it without turning the film adaptation into a constant battle zone.

Unfortunately, an action movie with fairytale characters is what we get in Snow White and the Huntsman. The film has only two redeeming aspects: its lovely cinematography, and Chris Hemsworth, who continues doing what he does best:…

• Marcos Araujo

★★½ Watched by Marcos Araujo 05 Apr, 2014

Nada de novo... mesmice.

• Alexander V

★½ Watched by Alexander V 04 Apr, 2014 2

I am not the biggest Kristin Stewart fan and after watching her as Snow White my negative perception of her ability to act was only reinforced.

Rupert Sanders tried a brave thing, to twist a very well known fairy tale in order to surprise and impress his audience.

Although a brave effort, unfortunately he failed (at least for me) for Snow White and the Huntsman did what no movie ever should do....it bored me senseless.

• Eric

★★½ Watched by Eric 01 Jul, 2012

It comes as a surprise that, of the two “Snow White” adaptations that were released to multiplexes in the past three months, Tarsem Singh directed the kitschy family adventure Mirror, Mirror. Snow White and the Huntsman contains the remarkable visual pleasures that one would associate with his work, featuring stunningly costumed actors traversing through a bizarre dreamscape. However, as is also expected of Singh, it fails as a narrative in almost every sense (but oh, how pretty!) First-time feature filmmaker…

• centenaryman

★★★★ Watched by centenaryman 21 Mar, 2014

Snow white and the huntsman is one of those films that can and is often over looked, it’s an effects heavy, big budget blockbuster. It’s true this type of film can be lowest common denominator entertainment and whilst this particular one isn’t going to change film history, it is fun.
    You start with the famous fairy tale as a blueprint and then embellish it with Tolkien aesthetics, you then add a dash of Guillermo del Toro styling and you’ve got…

• Tony Black

Watched by Tony Black 19 Mar, 2014 4

From the moment Chris Hemsworth's horrendous Gerard Butler impression was heard (ie the very first scene), the tone was set for me here. It was going to be one of *those* blockbusters.

Look this is visually arresting in places, capturing cinematically the spirit of Snow White's world, but it's lacking any kind of charm or whimsy, and the writing stinks. Hemsworth tried but is hampered by that accent, Kristen Stewart has all the charisma of a toilet brush and the…