• matthewmarkham

★★½ Added by matthewmarkham

Shot like an expensive Paramore video. Says nothing new and original. Tries too hard to be action, when it just isn't.

• Chloe

★★★★½ Rewatched by Chloe 26 Sep, 2015

A lot better the second time I watched it. Loads of famous cast such as Finnick from The Hunger Games and famous Dwarfs.

• Simon Starr

★★★ Watched by Simon Starr 26 Sep, 2015

Properly mental.

• Sheena

½ Added by Sheena 4

On my 12 hour flight, my options were limited to this or Airbud 5 or whatever. And a half a dozen romantic comedies. I should have watched the dog basketball movie instead. I feel like they purposely subject you to crap like this to make your flight even more miserable.

• TheAnalyzer

★★★ Added by TheAnalyzer 1

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Probably one of the more notable gritty reboots, Snow White and the Huntsman isn't really much to write home about. One of many Snow White stories of the decade (Once Upon a Time, Mirror Mirror), this takes a much darker tone, bordering on gothicism. Kristen Stewart may now be easily associated with darker films like Twilight, because she gets dark roles. The abused Snow White goes through a world of fantasy and war in an attempt to reclaim her throne,…

• Calum Iain MacIver

★★★ Watched by Calum Iain MacIver 10 Feb, 2013

The film is based on the classic German fairy-tale as written down by the Brothers Grimm and is a reasonably faithful retelling, albeit it with added fantasy, adventure and special effects. After the death of his wife King Magnus (Noah Huntley) of Tabor marries the beautiful Ravenna (Charlize Theron) who he rescues from an invading Dark Army. Ravenna, however, is a powerful witch and leader of the Dark Army and she murders Magnus on their wedding night and subsequently takes…

• Brandon Vander Hey

★★ Added by Brandon Vander Hey

It's super easy for me to dig the intentions the movie has, and to a certain extent, Sanders and company deliver on the epic feel promised in its marketing. Unfortunately, the performances (excluding Hemsworth) are just atrocious and the movie has so many holes that it's almost impossible to see the structural formation.

• Conan Tan

★★ Watched by Conan Tan 24 Apr, 2015

The mirror is lying when it said Kristen Stewart looked fairer than Charlize Theron.

• Sigfred Storstrand

★½ Watched by Sigfred Storstrand 28 Aug, 2015 1

This is the most produced shitty hollywoodmovie ive seen in a long time. There is no reason for this movie to exist other than to capitalize on trends.

I just dont understand why they had to make this, at least with maleficent, the story was kinda interesting, but this was just boring bullshit. The prologue was the only thing remotely interesting. This is a waste of big talented actors. This movie is even beneath Kristen Stewart.

The only reason im giving this 1,5 stars, is out of respect for what hemsworth did in the first 30 minutes.

• Cait Cibulsky

★★★½ Rewatched by Cait Cibulsky 15 Sep, 2012

I guess this is what the kids would call a problematic fave. My kind of shitty summer blockbuster. All about this Joan of Arc shit. Did I love it? No, but was it a decently enjoyable good time? Yeah, for sure.

• Danny Farrington

★★★ Added by Danny Farrington

A dark re-telling of a classic fairy tale, it was an enjoyable watch. Although, Kristen Stewart's constantly open mouth annoys me.

• Michael Schutz-Ryan

★★★★ Added by Michael Schutz-Ryan

Charlize Theron gets five stars. The rest of the movie gets about 2 1/2 I would recommend this just for those outstanding scenes with the wicked witch. Awe inspiring!