• Catherine Addington

★★★★ Added by Catherine Addington

this movie is gorgeous, I don't care what anyone thinks catherineaddington.com/post/25065762488/just-came-back-from-seeing-this-i-went-in

• feedingbrett

★½ Watched by feedingbrett 28 Jan, 2015 4

Review In A Nutshell:

A film that is unapologetically self-indulgent in its narrative, with unbalanced pacing and unnecessary and dragging story elements. Thankfully it manages to dazzle in its imagery, with visual effects that rivals its blockbuster peers; and the performances by its cast were better than expected.

• Stephen Brown

★★ Watched by Stephen Brown 23 Jan, 2015

Sadly most of this film is forgettable, it took me a few minutes to remember what film I had actually watched. The dwarf cast is the only real highlight and even they fail to offer anything that great.

• savvybulge

½ Added by savvybulge

Kristen Stewart is the fairest? Jesus Christ! I don't think there's an actress in Hollywood today that looks more trailer-trashy. She's like Taylor Swift's sista from another mista.

I also don't think I can watch this simply for that fact. What the fuck has happened to casting directors these days. Not to mention there's Charlize screaming--she's not a screamer, this is totally not a role for her. Maybe she chose it, other than being desperate for a paycheck, because she fancies herself a temperamental bitch queen.

• clarebearhh

★★ Watched by clarebearhh 19 Jan, 2015

Didn't finish watching this. Not engaging or exciting at all.

• Faldrian

★½ Watched by Faldrian 18 Jan, 2015

Angefangen den Film zu gucken... aber abgebrochen, weil es echt nicht mein Fall war. Die Charaktere waren seltsam - da schaue ich lieber Game of Thrones.

• Safiya

★★★ Watched by Safiya 17 Jan, 2015

I get the feeling I was supposed to hate this, everyone else seems to - I didn't find it nearly as tedious or overblown as I find The Lord of the Rings or the various Robin Hood remakes. If anything lets this film down it would be the less than charismatic male cast; Charlize Theron is very good and I feel like Kristen Stewart was made for the role of being 'the fairest of them all' whilst throwing a few punches.

• Hitsville U.K.

★★★ Watched by Hitsville U.K. 28 Jun, 2012

"Hot on the heels of the sickly sweet, faithful adaptation Mirror Mirror, Snow White & The Huntsman grumbles into cinemas, offering the dark ‘n’ gritty take on the classic fairytale. However, does having two adaptations of the same source material within months of each other make for overkill?

Well, yes and no; Mirror Mirror and Huntsman are polar opposites, light and shade, if you will, but the everyone in the Western world for the past two centuries has been regaled with…

• Dan Gvozden

★★★ Watched by Dan Gvozden 04 Jun, 2012

Over the past several years cinemas have been flooded with modern adaptations of older stories and this summer is no different. Film after film, weekend after weekend, these contemporary remakes are seeking to find their own unique take on a classic story and hoping that audiences find something new in the material. It’s a hard thing to reinvent a fairytale as iconic as Snow White, particularly because it has been retold so many times over and over. With Snow White…

• Andrea Blythe

★★★ Watched by Andrea Blythe 10 Jun, 2012

Charlize Theron was amazing as Queen Ravena, the evil stepmother and witch. She was was gorgeous and wonderful, bringing a haunted, unhinged depth to the movie. As such, she is the only reason to watch this movie. It also helped that the design of her gowns was stunning — the one with bird skulls around the neckline was my favorite.

Other than her, the movie was just so-so.

• alibrarianslib

★½ Watched by alibrarianslib 26 Jan, 2013

Kristin Stewart fail.

• eXtreme eVolution

★★ Watched by eXtreme eVolution 04 Jan, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

The movie could have been better with a more expressive female lead and a more climatic conclusion. The only scene in which Kristen Stewart really shone was when she was rallying the troops. Chris Hemsworth was great as the huntsman. I also felt that the other characters were under-utilised in influencing the story line.

Regarding the character of Snow White in this film, I found that her actions seemed to contradict each other.

Case in point: