•  Andy McCarton

Watched by Andy McCarton 18 Dec, 2014

Tone , tone , tone ! Several minutes of exposition voice man then Lord of the Rings and polished off with epic Joan of Arc. The performances were disjointed as was changing accents of both Stewart and Hemsworth. If you want give a fresh approach to old story then don't just rip off all the recent fantasy films . Tick list of is was when they made it : Vampires :check , LOTR: check, famous actors as dwarves: check, Rousing battles speaks: check. Sadly, nothing it fits together, the CGI is a bit ropey.

• Chloe

★★★★½ Added by Chloe

Dark gothic Snow White with a twist. Although following the basic story, everything is new which is great compared to the same old boring stuff like Mirror Mirror. Good casting, even Kristen Stewart wasn't annoying in this. The queen was fantasically wicked and it oozed gothic and evil. A must see.

• ortolanph

★★½ Watched by ortolanph 14 Dec, 2014

Seems to me that's when fairy tales meets Twilight Saga. This movie makes those two fit together. Maybe it's because Kirsten Stewart, maybe not.

• joelhwa

★½ Watched by joelhwa 26 Oct, 2012

3/10: Innovative reinvention of the fairy tale and great visuals but the female lead, Kirsten Stewart, really ruined the whole film for me. She acts the same as in Twilight and was depressingly emotionless throughout. Would definitely be better movie if it was a different actress.

• ayane

★★ Watched by ayane 11 Dec, 2014

It's an okay film, but something's definitely wrong with it. I'll spoil it for you: what's wrong is the casting.

While each actor/actress has got enormous potential, they simply don't quite match the character's they portray. I personally feel like a black-haired Charlize Theron would've done a nice job of being Snow White. Kristen Stewart looks like she's ready to kick some serious ass, which doesn't make sense given she's been locked up saying the Lord's Prayer for some sixteen…

• Aaron

★★ Watched by Aaron 11 Dec, 2014

the problem with this movie is that you think it's going to end like five times before it actually does and then the actual ending is worse than the other five potential endings they could have set up.

this movie felt like an an exercise in trying to get funding for a sequel that it didn't succeed in being a good standalone movie and because of that there isn't gonna be a sequel since it's kind of a piece of shit.

chris hemsworth really can't act sorry. charlize theron and sam claflin are the only good people in this entire ensemble really.

• Salina

★★★ Watched by Salina 11 May, 2012

Always here for Charlize Theron

• Aria Harris

★★★ Watched by Aria Harris 10 Dec, 2014

I only got half thorough and was bored. For the bit I saw, 3 stars

• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★★★★ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this film is now showing at Hollywood cinema Norwich, it is outstanding and a very different interpretation of Snow White. Now yes this film is long [127 minutes,] but it is very well constructed, which in that construction is great time management there is always something happening on the screen, which creates fluency and a well detailed storyline. One of the biggest assets of this film and it didn't go unnoticed in my opinion, the artistic temperament…

• paetjlee

Watched by paetjlee 03 Jun, 2012

Saw this with Therese.

• MovieMan23

★½ Added by MovieMan23

Forgettable adaption is nothing new, not worth watching.

• Matt G

★★ Watched by Matt G 24 Nov, 2014

A bit too Lord of the Rings, but not terrible. How does Kristen "I just smelled a fart" Stewart continue to get work?