• Adam Bolden

½ Watched by Adam Bolden 01 Jun, 2012

In a year of multiple twos (two Lincoln movies, two musicals), we finally have the second Snow White movie, the other being Mirror Mirror. This one takes a darker tone with Kristen Stewart as Snow White, Charlize Theron as Ravenna, the queen, and Chris Hemsworth as The Huntsman. It's the usual tale, but with much more magic and mystery and a lot less fun and enchantment. It's an incredible dull movie made only worse by terrible acting and really shoddy…

• Joyce Heinen

★★★★ Rewatched by Joyce Heinen 28 Feb, 2015

True beauty is on the inside, but the eye wants something too. That’s a lesson that Rupert Sanders wants to teach us. Because whatever you’re going to say about “Snow White and the Huntsman”, is visually stunning. The décor and costumes are beautiful and it has great special effects.

Director Rupert Sanders aims at an older audience than the original fairy tale is meant for. This results in a dark and grim movie, with lots of action and a little…

• BRUNOCATANEO

★★★ Watched by BRUNOCATANEO 28 Feb, 2015

Aventura legal. Pena a atriz Kristen Stewart não fazer jus ao papel, parece sempre a mesma atriz de "Crepusculo" mesmo olhar, jeito, sei lá, ainda não convenceu.

• Gimly

★½ Added by Gimly

My gripes with this film started less than five minutes in. If you're gonna make a huge fuckin' deal about how this character is supposed to have jet black hair and snow white skin, THEN DON'T GIVE HER BROWN HAIR, A TAN AND FRECKLES!

Ahem, back to the movie as a whole... Look, it's just plain not that good. I've seen worse sure, and it was pretty, but really I couldn't get into it, and I'll probably never watch the…

• Sarah

★★½ Watched by Sarah 20 Feb, 2015

This is an averageish action/adventure with some cool visuals and a fun villain. For a lead Kristen Stewart sure didn't have too much to do. I know she is not considered a strong actress but who could tell with these hollow roles she gets? I was anticipating the final face off but it was pretty anticlimactic.

• Minionofhell

★★ Added by Minionofhell

I absolutely enjoyed Charlize Theron in this movie.Amazing acting and her character was interesting,especially after that flashback.
    While seeing Kristen Steward being kinda badass and fighting is nice too,the plot was totally weird,that romance(?) thingy made me cringe and the brother of the queen was
    a) a unnecessary character
    b)damn annoying
    c)what the heck is it with that haircut,that´s the most gruesome thing about this movie
    While it isn´t a shitty movie,a rewatch will probably never happen for me.

• Jules Mumford

★★★ Watched by Jules Mumford 18 Nov, 2012

Hollywood loves new ideas or even better, old ideas without back end deals made shiny new again. So in 2012 we have two "Snow White" movies, the light hearted "Mirror Mirror" and the grittier, down and dirty subject of this review.

Ravenna (Theron) is the oh so beautiful wicked witch who has tricked her way to the throne, by dispatching the king and all hope throughout the land. Requiring regular top up's of youthful energy to maintain her looks and…

• Kat

★★½ Watched by Kat 12 Feb, 2015

Solidly entertaining. Nothing novel in terms of plot, really, no super exciting dialogue.

• JimmyDean

★★★ Watched by JimmyDean 08 Feb, 2015

A perfectly decent blockbuster that manages to counteract it's top-noch casting with the presence of Kristen Stewart.

• Marinella Rose

★½ Watched by Marinella Rose 06 Feb, 2015

Out of all the fair tales I have seen this year, this got the over-all dark aura in it.

• William James Henry

★★★★ Watched by William James Henry 03 Feb, 2015 2

C:
    *JUST GREAT*

Though it inevitably rips off previous epic films such as 'The Lord of the Rings' and 'Narnia,' and even though its ending is perhaps the most anemic, most rushed of all time, 'Snow White and the Huntsman' is a wonderful achievement of CGI and storytelling. The cast is epic, featuring virtuoso performances from Hemsworth and Claflin, and Newton Howard's musical score is fantastic. The script is, at least most of the time, solid, and the visuals are innovative and groundbreaking. It may not be the fairest film of them all, but this 'Snow White' is pretty darn good.

• Anthony Albarran

★★★½ Added by Anthony Albarran

Visually appealing. Charlize Theron's wild performance is quite effective. The rest of the film is just "meh."