• mfulton

★★½ Added by mfulton

C+

• James S

★★½ Rewatched by James S 26 Jul, 2015

A messy conclusion to Raimi's trilogy but despite the production and tonal problems, the film still entertains at times thanks to Raimi's direction.

• Shannon

★★½ Watched by Shannon 01 Mar, 2015

It took me several times to make it through this one, and even though I rated it pretty low it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I think I even got a kick out of a lot of thing people didn't like about it. One more weird thing about watching way after it's release and the buzz around it.

• t2kickassjedi

★★½ Added by t2kickassjedi

Spider-Man 3 had the same problems with The Amazing Spider Man 2. It was overcrowded with too many villains. Also the diso dancing thing was so stupid. But it did have a cool concept and cool action sequences.

• Jeff Kimble

★★½ Added by Jeff Kimble

Ummm.... I guess it's sub part middle of the road. The Sandman is great. Venom is not. The Black Spider suit is great. Emo Peter is not. Bryce Dallas Howard is hot. Kirsten Dunt? No. Maybe one of my least favorite superhero movies.

• Austin Vashaw

★★½ Watched by Austin Vashaw 21 Jul, 2015

So much better and worse than I remember.

• Gordon Adair

★½ Watched by Gordon Adair 14 Sep, 2008

From the tedious and predictable romantic subplot to the overuse of laughably stupid CGI fight scenes, Spider-Man 3 is the low point of the series. This film tries too hard to deliver everything bigger, faster and more over-the-top than its predecessors, and comes out too much and too little at the same time. Honorable mention goes to Thomas Haden Church, whose Sandman portrayal was the high point of this clunker.

• Wade Ford

★★★ Added by Wade Ford

disappointing, the acting is fine, but everything else feels wrong. sandman is the best part of this movie.

• Oskars Three word reviews

★½ Added by Oskars Three word reviews

Toby's emo phase

• Brandon T.

★★★★ Added by Brandon T.

I know that this is unbelievable to most, but my favorite trilogy of all time is the Sam Raimi Spider-Man trilogy. I'm also the person who doesn't like The Godfather, so what do I know, right? Either way, I loved the way Raimi took the original spirit of the Spider-Man comics and brought them to life. Spider-Man 2 is the crown jewel of the franchise, but all three are enjoyable. This one is a bit messier due to the fact…

• Andres Guzman

Rewatched by Andres Guzman 09 Jul, 2015

First off, I love Sam Raimi.
    Second, I do not love this.

• Kieran Smith

★★★★ Added by Kieran Smith

"Never wound what you can't kill."

The Plot: Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) and M.J. (Kirsten Dunst) seem to finally be on the right track in their complicated relationship, but trouble looms for the superhero and his lover. Peter's Spider-Man suit turns black and takes control of him, not only giving Peter enhanced power but also bringing out the dark side of his personality. Peter must overcome the suit's influence as two supervillains, Sandman and Venom, rise up to destroy him…