• OldTamale

★★★ Rewatched by OldTamale 26 Mar, 2015

The storyline is too thin for so many antagonists, but director Sam Raimi at least made the movie both human and enjoyable, and Venom was a great character had he been built up better.

• Alex Bergmans

★★★ Watched by Alex Bergmans 30 Mar, 2015

I'm so entertained by the "emo spidey" funky dance montage portion of this film that i must declare that I don't hate this. I love you, Sam Raimi.

• MasterPike

★★★ Rewatched by MasterPike 28 Mar, 2015

Good pop corn cinema. I particularly liked Thomas Hayden Church being given the chance to kick it in an action movie, as well as the amazing special effects for his sandman character. I have refused to see the new Spiderman films out of respect for Sam Raimi.

• Dan Brandon

★★ Added by Dan Brandon

I'm re-watching this for the first time in a long time and I'm kind of impressed by how Sam Raimi seems to have managed to sneak in such a strong message of "I don't want to be making this film". Given what I know now about the amount of studio interference I'm amazed it's as watchable as it is. Damning with faint praise though.

• Allison

½ Added by Allison

Literally the worst movie ever made.

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

Not bad, but it does suffer from over-villain-syndrome.

• jadecanard

★★★½ Added by jadecanard

Spiderman, under the influence of evil, starts dancing all over the place and is rude to MJ.

• Jamie Rogers

★★★ Added by Jamie Rogers

Not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Granted, it is overstuffed and too much stuff is shoehorned in, but the action sequences are still great and the main cast still shines.

• Cactus Matt

★★★ Added by Cactus Matt

Mixed second sequel has captivating visuals and interesting villains but gets too wrapped up in plot points that ultimately don’t matter.

• DanStew

★★★½ Rewatched by DanStew 17 Mar, 2015

I don't need to defend my opinion. Tobey Maguire rocking an emo haircut strutting down the street to the distaste of everyone around him is enough to get me to watch this movie.

The action isn't as interesting and the Sandman is underwritten and underdeveloped. The whole script could've done a lot more with the themes of revenge that it only half-delivered on.

It's still plenty entertaining, though. I don't know why it's so despised.

• Nathan Parkinson

★★★ Rewatched by Nathan Parkinson 14 Mar, 2015

The fight scenes in this film are all really quite Spectacular from the underground Sandman fight to the Amazing Spider-Man/Goblin team up at the end. The score is beautiful and I really enjoy the way Sandman was handled, unfortunately this film is bogged down with the awful Osborne-Watson-Parker love triangle and the terrible use of Venom and Gwen Stacy. The potential was there for this to be an absolutely Sensational Spider-Man film but it Ultimately misses the mark one too many times and simply doesn't hold up to the Superior Spider-Man 2.

• Höddi

★★★ Rewatched by Höddi 13 Mar, 2015 2

I probably have nothing new to offer to the common consensus on this film, but I hadn't seen it since I was about 13, so this was almost like watching it for the first time and I felt compelled to share my thoughts.

The set-up/basic idea is there, the relevant themes are all present (forgiveness is the logical finale the previous entries had been building up to). This could have been the perfect conclusion to what could have been THE…