• Jay

★½ Watched by Jay 18 Feb, 2015

I was half expecting to change my mind about this on a rewatch but no, it's still shit. It's bloated, lazy and covers the same ground as the first two films but in a much more needlessly bleak manner.

Everything just feels like a wasted opportunity. Harry's desire for revenge is mundane, Sandman's desperation to save his daughter is pretty much an afterthought, and the symbiote suit stuff is laughable, and not in a good way.

I know people still berate the sheer notion of the remake, let alone its execution, but there was little salvaging the series after this clusterfuck.

• Danny Gray

★★½ Rewatched by Danny Gray 16 Feb, 2015

It's a shame that this film feels like a bit of a let down compared to Sam Raimi's first two contributions to the franchise, because it was a weak end to what could have been an otherwise strong trilogy.

It's hard to define exactly what makes this film a dissapointment, but Topher Grace's Eddie Brock/Venom definitely contributes, as well as the completely pointless and out-of-place "Peter Parker gets super confident and busts out Broadway musical dance numbers and funky street strutting" scenes.

A film trying to be this dark really needed a much more villainous, mighty antagonist, and a more focussed and logical plot.

• Sean Mulvihill

★★★½ Rewatched by Sean Mulvihill 16 Feb, 2015

Full review at: fanboynation.com/2007-spider-man-3/

Sam Raimi’s first two Spider-Man movies were box office smashes that earned heaps of praise from critics and fans alike. Spider-Man 2, especially, was considered the high water mark for comic book cinema until the likes of The Dark Knight and The Avengers. For this third installment the hype reached a fever pitch. Excitement gave way to ridiculous expectations which, as usual, gave way to disappointment. And it’s not difficult to see why the film is…

• Colin

★½ Rewatched by Colin 16 Feb, 2015 5

ugghhhhhhhhh

• Elvispolonius

★★★ Rewatched by Elvispolonius 27 May, 2007

Though clearly cut from the same stylistic cloth as the first sequel, this one struggles with the same problem that bedevilled the Batman films of the nineties: too many villains and too many stories to keep spinning, such that each is diminished and the hero is effectively shouldered off screen—Spider-Man 3 could do with a bit more Spider-Man.

Those villains are problematical too. Venom is the best, but turns up much too late. Sandman is little more than a series…

• deadmanramsey

★★★ Added by deadmanramsey

63/100

• Lucas Marmol

★★★½ Rewatched by Lucas Marmol 07 Dec, 2013

dat studio interference, it could have been so much better, but some scenes are on par with the second Spider-Man

• Ryan Gray-McCoy

Rewatched by Ryan Gray-McCoy 07 Jan, 2015

This is one of the worst movies ever made.

I was hungover as hell, and against better reason decided to give it another chance.

I might have still been drunk because that was clearly a poor decision. This movie is terrible. It should not have been made. I'm almost certain Sam Raimi made this movie as a joke.

• Peter Parker Harsh Jaswal

Added by Peter Parker Harsh Jaswal

This movie shows how an a,saing franchise can fall so high in just 2 hours and 20 minutes. I love Spiderman, but this one just has no care or attention to it. The only thing that the filmmakers took their time into were the special effects and those were great. But everything else was just put to together to make a quick buck. I hate this movie.

• Aaron Jones

★★★ Added by Aaron Jones

This movie really isn't as bad as people say it is in my opinion, but it's still not quite as good as the first two. I like this movie and quite honestly don't care what people think. It is pretty underrated actually.

• Kyle Krieghbaum

★★★ Added by Kyle Krieghbaum

Yes, I don't think this movie is that bad. Yes, I recognize that there are a ton of problems with it, like the overabundance of villains and plot lines, the terrible miscasting of Topher Grace as Venom, and, once again, Kirsten Dunst. Uggggg. That being said, I still thought the visuals, the directing, the action, and most of the acting was all great. A guilty pleasure of mine.

Grade: B-

• Jason Darby

★★ Added by Jason Darby

Upon it's initial release, I responded to Spider-Man 3 with the same kind of vitriolic hatred that would have been reserved for films like Napoleon Dynamite or The Matrix sequels. Virtually everything about this film was a complete and utter disaster; an absolute travesty to a film series that I was a fan of and a black mark that director Sam Raimi might never recover from.

Some eight years and a misbegotten two-film franchise later, and does Spider-Man 3 still…