• thealmightyG

Watched by thealmightyG 29 Sep, 2015

I tried to watch this but it was so baffling odd, I couldn't stay with it.

• Dennie van der Tuuk

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dennie van der Tuuk 10 Jul, 2015

One of the Andrei Tarkovsky masterpieces. This was my first movie of the great director, i fell in love with it immediately. The music in the beginning over the titles with the sepia colors set the right mood for the movie. The post-apocalyptic comes across nicely when they ride the traincart into "The Zone". You go into the unknown with the characters. Tarkovskiy lets you figure it out on your own and leaves it to your own interpretations. Various questions…

• Daniel Stuckless

★★★★★ Added by Daniel Stuckless

I really really like this movie. I'm still thinking about it quite a bit and I'm not entirely sure about my interpretation but is this ever a good one.

Praise Tarkovsky

• Noah Bartel

★★★★★ Watched by Noah Bartel 24 Sep, 2015

• Adam Silverman

★★★★½ Watched by Adam Silverman 23 Sep, 2015

tarkovsky can slowly dolly forward his soviet penis into me and let me carry his children

• JeffPed

Watched by JeffPed 23 Sep, 2015

Three men form a triangle of the infinite and pathetically human search for happiness. Each represents a path towards this endless horizon; the writer is Art, the Professor is Reason, and the Stalker is Spirituality. In the end, the search is abandoned on the precipice of understanding. Perhaps it was another dead end, but the film seems to side with the Stalker, and more importantly, his handicapped child. For weakness is the ultimate power.

P.S. I mentioned in my French Connection review that that film was gorgeously decrepit. I think this film takes that cake and gobbles it down in front of the birthday boy's face.

• dㅌㄴ

★★★★★ Rewatched by dㅌㄴ 22 Sep, 2015

"The film needs to be slower and duller at the start so that the viewers who walked into the wrong theatre have time to leave before the main action starts"
    - Andrei Tarkovsky

• Brandon Bryson

★★★★½ Watched by Brandon Bryson 19 Sep, 2015

First viewing - mind blown. Need to process. What a ride.

• Brian Welk

★★★★★ Watched by Brian Welk 18 Sep, 2015 1

The spiritual and religious symbolism in “Stalker” is unspeakable, and yet the film takes a 180 in tone. People are shallow. The world is bleak. Solace is hopeless. Like Tarkovsky’s “Solaris” before it, “Stalker” is a gripping and tense sci-fi full of atmosphere and danger, but it profoundly grapples with themes of humanity and spirituality. It poses a fairly cynical idea that a room capable of granting all of humanity its innermost wishes is something of a paradox. “Unconscious compassion is not ready for realization.”

More at The Sanity Clause:

• reba

★★★ Watched by reba 18 Sep, 2015

It was very interesting and clearly A Very Good Film but it did loose me a little bit because of the length

• TJDizzle

★★★★★ Rewatched by TJDizzle 14 Sep, 2015

Definitely one of the very, very best films.

• strangebill

★★★★★ Rewatched by strangebill 10 Sep, 2015

I'm not really sure what to say about this. A movie like this has so much emotional depth that it's hard for me to really articulate completely how I feel about it. It's extremely beautiful, heartfelt, and has an atmosphere that just oozes out of every detail. Like most Tarkovsky's this just kind of lulls me into a trancelike state and asks to be experienced rather than analyzed. This is one of my favourite movies and probably my favourite Tarkovsky.