• SimonLange

Unbelievable good...

• Gustavo Nina

★★★★

The first Tarkovsy movie I ever saw. It was on a cold night in a local theater, in a small room with a medium sized screen.
    I didn't know what to expect... it's Tarkovsy, and everyone says he's the greatest.

Guess what? I now say it too.

• inastrangeway

★★★★½

For a film that's as grand and weighty as Stalker, there's a comfort in diluting it down to its basic utilities: three men trying to find themselves. The film is dazzling in its philosophical scope and it's a film that doesn't even try to hold its audiences hand as it guides itself through the murky colours of The Zone. Just when you think that there's going to be a narrative, Tarkovsky carefully steers just aside, constantly teetering on a plot…

• James Rankin

★★★★½

At the centre of the Zone lies a room. If you journey to the room one of your greatest wishes will be fulfilled, but a subconscious one, and probably not one you expected. You know, like a city break. Storming past the Zone's guards in the wake of a big old train is a metaphor for the liberties we've passively ceded in the face of reactionary airport security protocols. "Why did you take my watch?" she asks whilst being shoved through a metal detector.

• MattyCool

½

How the fuck could anyone enjoy that?

• Charles Beyer

★★★★

Need to re-watch

• Malcolms_Patio

★★★★★

Very very very long but also an experience that pays back many times over. Stalker becomes more interesting one subsequent viewings: the troubled production and fate of the cast and crew add a certain amount of poignancy to it, not to mention the eerie future echo of devastated industrial landscapes such as Chernobyl and wherever it was they filmed Alien 3.

The set up sounds a bit like Last of the Summer Wine: three old blokes start off in a…

• FanDeTarkovsky

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatremenda, las cosas que te pone tarkovsky enfrente son increibles, alto capo, alta pelicula, lindos paisajes, TE LA RECO PAPAJAJAJ

• wauimaui

Pretty trippy in its own way.

• creamy_pear

Went in feeling empty
    Went out feeling emptier

• Steinn Thorkelsson

★★★★★

A must watch. No questions, just watch it.

• yaldish

★★★★★

What are the things that make us human? The more I see this film the more interesting this simple but big question becomes.
    From a scientist point of view or from an artist point of view. Whatever suits you best, though we can almost be sure of what side Tarkovsky would choose.

"And if I know for sure that I'm a genius? Why write then? What the hell for?", the Writer asks himself while talking about proving himself to others.…