• PrinceWolf

★★★★★ Added by PrinceWolf

E’ già difficile classificare Stalker per il suo genere d’appartenenza, non fatemi pensare quanto lo sia identificarlo in tutta la sua pura essenza. Meriterebbe una decina di visioni, e dopo averlo fatto ogni volta, rielaborare e rivalutare tutte le possibili strade intraprese da Tarkovsky nella realizzazione di questo mistico viaggio che abbraccia tutti i rami della psicologia, la filosofia e la scienza. Stalker è semplicemente immenso, mostruosamente immenso. Magico. La ‘’Zona’’ del film, luogo irrazionale in cui le leggi fisiche…

• Jose González

Has it begun.
    Nothing is nothing.

• IsmaelRetzinsky

★★★★★ Rewatched by IsmaelRetzinsky 19 Oct, 2016 1

One of my all time favorites. The last film I will ever watch in my 20's.

★★★★★ Rewatched by FNKSTRNG 17 Oct, 2016

The older I get, the more I find myself enjoying my stay at the Zone.

• Andrew Jones

★★★★ Watched by Andrew Jones 16 Oct, 2016

Part of the +1 for Cute Pupper Collection

"Don't stick your nose in someone's underwear if you don't understand it"

I wish Tarkovsky was a better actor's director. He's far too content to just have his characters stand still and recite their lines. Sure, Solonitsyn is the exception here (though his performance in Rublev is exceedingly dry), but there's far too many moments in the second hald where characters, especially the Stalker, will just stand still and read poetry.…

• Conan Tan

★★★ Watched by Conan Tan 26 Aug, 2016

Considering it was also made by the one who directed Solaris I am not sure I fully understand what is happening here. It does at times feel like it is doing its intention.

• MsStackattack

★★★½ Watched by MsStackattack 13 Oct, 2016

Surrealist fantasy. Line and form. Wishes and wants. Russian Wizard of Oz.

• Rodrigo Santamaría

★★★★★ Watched by Rodrigo Santamaría 11 Oct, 2016

Hacía mucho que una película no me fascinaba tanto y su atmósfera no me atrapaba de la forma que Stalker lo ha hecho. Sin palabras, por el momento mi obra favorita de Tarkovsky.

• Seth Shively

★★★★½ Watched by Seth Shively 08 Oct, 2016 7

Stalker is a Sci-fi film that never truly delves into the scientific. It is a fantasy film that never truly leaves reality. And it is a religious film the never once encounters a God.

What I mean is, in Stalker the world is filled with an energy - perhaps supernatural, perhaps a basic primal force, or perhaps the magic of fairy tales. However, this energy is not seen, it is not touched, it is never proven, but still it is…

• Davi_1966

★★★★ Added by Davi_1966

É bastante interessante em conceito e funciona bem, porém é um filme frio e que deve ser admirado na mesma proporção.

• eugenio luis

Watched by eugenio luis 21 Dec, 2015

Tension, mystery and otherness out of absolutely nothing. And even more terrifying than the vaguely alien threat of the Zone is the inscrutable unknown of the self.

Still, while some will argue the journey is more important than the destination, the journey takes nearly three hours and almost everything revolves around the destination anyway, which makes a lot of the philosophical musings throughout feel redundant and even superfluous.

I'm not qualified enough to rate it - I can't even figure out if I like it or not, nearly one year after watching it.