• Louisa

★★★★ Watched by Louisa 01 Oct, 2014

Absolutely stunning film with interesting ideas, although I do think that some of the philosophical monologues were heavy handed and sometimes verging on the point of ridiculousness.

• Jeff Irvine

★★★★★ Watched by Jeff Irvine 29 Sep, 2014

Day 2 of my Tarkovsky initiation and he is already on my shortlist for best directors ever. Stalker is the story of a guide who has to lead two men into an area known as The Zone, a place where the normal laws of physics break down. A mysterious place where a room resides that is supposed to grant the wishes of anyone who enters and is worthy. Stalker is a deeply personal journey into the heart of darkness. It…

• Carson Joiner

★★★★★ Watched by Carson Joiner 29 Sep, 2014

"The Zone is a very complicated system of traps, and they're all deadly. I don't know what goes on here in the absence of people, but the moment someone shows up, everything comes into motion. Old traps disappear and new ones emerge."

After finally watching Stalker last night I feel like an idiot for not seeing it sooner. For some reason it sat in my DVD collection for months. Every time I looked at it on the shelf, I would…

• Simon Curry

★★★★★ Watched by Simon Curry 23 Sep, 2014

I cannot review this film. I found it literally indescribable.

• Knox Gray

★★★★★ Added by Knox Gray

Indescribable.

• Jesse Kujala

★★★½ Watched by Jesse Kujala 20 Sep, 2014

• rycar88

★★★★ Added by rycar88

Andrei Tarkovsky is by all means an impossible director: his meticulous long-shots seem to unravel time itself; his sparse philosophical dialogue creeps into your vacuous head and spins around; his characters seem to be more caught up in themselves than in the world around them. All of this together creates a necessarily cerebral product, a film that both requires and repels your attention. With this methodology, Tarkovsky created some of his greatest masterpieces, including "Andrei Rublev" and "Solaris," and it…

• AngryAssSloth

Watched by AngryAssSloth 13 Sep, 2014

I'm not going to rate this one. I guess I'm too causal for this movie. Maybe I'll watch it again when I'm feeling more philosophical. The LONG drawn out shots just did not keep me interested.

• Tadas

[X] Yes
    [ ] No

• Landry Smith

★★★★★ Watched by Landry Smith 04 Sep, 2014

"In the end, everything can be reduced to the one simple element which is all a person can count upon in his existence: the capacity to love." Andrei Tarkovsky

"Stalker" is a slow crawl through an alien and non-linear world that offers a myriad of spiritual under currents. It is as visually striking as it is intellectually demanding.

• ab

★★★½ Watched by ab 03 Sep, 2014

2deep4me

• NickSalvo

★★★★★ Added by NickSalvo

Hauntingly beautiful and deeply thoughtful. A masterpiece.