• Felipe Bascunan

★★★★★ Rewatched by Felipe Bascunan 16 Dec, 2014

Why do we create? Why do we try to find truth? And happiness? Why do we get out of bed in the morning?

Watching Stalker again after a couple years, I found myself drifting off in parts, just thinking about those questions. I had to rewind parts so that I wouldn't miss dialog. The film considers these questions in the context of layers of meaning. What is the meaning of life? Now, what is it really? What REALLY drives you?…

• Forrrestw2Rs

★★★★★ Watched by Forrrestw2Rs 07 Dec, 2014

Andrei Tarkovsky's masterpiece is a bitter contemplation on themes such as want vs. desire and misery vs. hope, and is told with the director's poetic sense of style and breathtaking imagery.

• Kenneth

★★★½ Watched by Kenneth 26 Nov, 2014

It's the movie so good they made it three times: as Aguirre, the Wrath of God (1972), Stalker, and Apocalypse Now (both 1979).

All deal with a hellish journey that men take into wild and savage places, places that crush human hopes to ash. Both Aguirre and Apocalypse Now find such places by looking backwards into the primordial jungles from which life came; Stalker is unique in that it looks into the future, with trepidation that hell is a place…

• Aaron T. Rex

★★★ Watched by Aaron T. Rex 03 Dec, 2014

Finding it hard to rate this one. It is very well made and it is worth watching for the cinematography alone. But it just didn't interest me that much. Good acting but much of the dialogue I could have done without.

• Austin Bryant

★★★★★ Rewatched by Austin Bryant 01 Dec, 2014

Watched this for the first time less than a month ago.

It came in today with a few other things I got "Black Friday" shopping... So I put it on immediately.

I can't think of anything else as damp, and cold, and filthy... and strange. And, for some reason, I love it.

• BENJAMINTO

★★★★ Watched by BENJAMINTO 29 Nov, 2014

Three men go on a spooky hike. They have a nap at some point and there are a couple of phone calls. Everyone in the cast and crew is exposed to dangerous chemicals. Seven years later, Chernobyl happens.

Pretty good!

• mepenete

★★★★ Watched by mepenete 28 Nov, 2014

weiod

• ab

★★★★★ Rewatched by ab 25 Nov, 2014

An intellectual, existential and artistic masterpiece that is both emotional and genuine. Stalker is one of the greatest films to have ever been made.

• Craig

★★★★½ Watched by Craig 19 Nov, 2014

I must confess I missed about 20% of this in the early going, but we all know it's great, right?

• KeepItPG

★★ Watched by KeepItPG 18 Nov, 2014

A boring art house film that wants you to believe that it is meaningful, but, ultimately, isn't.

• Valtteri Lepistö

★★★★★ Rewatched by Valtteri Lepistö 14 Nov, 2014 2

The first time I saw Stalker, I fell asleep but ended up loving the film. How can I not? I have heard couple of similar stories: people falling asleep but still love the film. During this second viewing of the film, I couldn't fall asleep. How can I? Actually, I'm not sure if I was dreaming or really seeing the film. I'm wordless before it. It's gonna take me a couple of years to really form something intelligent to say…

• Jun Ishimura

★★★★★ Watched by Jun Ishimura 13 Nov, 2014

Cerebral, thoughtful, and somewhat questionable at times, Andrei Tarkovsky's supernatural Stalker is an amazing philanthropic piece of work on the nature of our innermost desires which are, for the most part, inspired from a world torn apart by factual realism and metaphysical causality.