• Fabrizzio Bolívar

★★★★★ Watched by Fabrizzio Bolívar 27 Jul, 2016

Hay magia en la naturalidad que tiene Tarkovsky de presentar prolongadas escenas silenciosas dónde la fluidez y, la composición de su ambiente junto a los actores, hacen que se capte una esencia única de la imagen; una magia que lejos de parecer molesta, pretenciosa o aburrida, se ve directamente relacionada a cómo percibimos a los individuos de éste peculiar mundo con su universo, una que, al mismo tiempo que crecen y se exploran a sí mismos, conocemos más del ambiente…

• Terence W. Yang

★★★★★ Watched by Terence W. Yang 15 Apr, 2016

In 35mm, at Beijing Film Fest.

• Andre

Watched by Andre 25 Jul, 2016

"This is the greatest film ever made. That is an objective fact." -Akash

• ortolanph

★★★★★ Watched by ortolanph 04 Jun, 2016

Well... That's hard to say anything about this wonderful movie. It's complicated, but strangely beautiful movie. Stalker is not a occupation or a name, it's just a quality that you can only understand when you are in the Zone at the gates to a better life.

• drescon

★★★★½ Watched by drescon 25 Jul, 2016

Stalker is an absolutely beautifully made science fiction movie. I felt like I was watching Dostoevsky on film, though it's based off a story by a different author. The nature of The Room and what it does is a very interesting thought experiment.

• CzechOutPrague

★★★★★ Added by CzechOutPrague

Stalker is a good film with good characters speaking good words. It was a good film and i liked it!

• imaerouf7

★★★★★ Watched by imaerouf7 24 Jul, 2016

art.

• ViolinsByNight

★★★★½ Rewatched by ViolinsByNight 23 Jul, 2016

..makes me re-evaluate things.

• average_man

★★★★ Watched by average_man 22 Jul, 2016

Andrei Tarkovsky's second take on the sci fi genre worked better for me than his first. Solaris is one of his early films, he sticks to a very straightforward narrative in it and doesn't experiment with techniques as he does in his later work. Stalker has the feel of a much more confident and theoretical film-maker, which is exactly what I watch Tarkovsky for.

The first thing that stands out in Stalker is how damn long every single take is.…

• paddy

★★★★½ Added by paddy

tarkovsky takes the slow zoom to ANOTHER LEVEL

• sean_duffy

★★★★★ Watched by sean_duffy 19 Jul, 2016

One of the most lovely things about film is that every now and then you discover a new favorite, a masterpiece you never knew you were waiting for. Sometimes it takes a few viewings to realize it completely. Stalker, however, had me by the end of the first act.

Ultimately, it's a film that's deeply grounded in feeling. While there's a lot to dissect here, more than anything what makes it astounding is how that, scene to scene, beat by…

• Garrett Peace

★★★★★ Watched by Garrett Peace 18 Jul, 2016

I cannot get this film out of my head.