• ab

★★★★★ Rewatched by ab 25 Nov, 2014

An intellectual, existential and artistic masterpiece that is both emotional and genuine. Stalker is one of the greatest films to have ever been made.

• Craig

★★★★½ Watched by Craig 19 Nov, 2014

I must confess I missed about 20% of this in the early going, but we all know it's great, right?

• KeepItPG

★★ Watched by KeepItPG 18 Nov, 2014

A boring art house film that wants you to believe that it is meaningful, but, ultimately, isn't.

• Valtteri Lepistö

★★★★★ Rewatched by Valtteri Lepistö 14 Nov, 2014 2

The first time I saw Stalker, I fell asleep but ended up loving the film. How can I not? I have heard couple of similar stories: people falling asleep but still love the film. During this second viewing of the film, I couldn't fall asleep. How can I? Actually, I'm not sure if I was dreaming or really seeing the film. I'm wordless before it. It's gonna take me a couple of years to really form something intelligent to say…

• Jun Ishimura

★★★★★ Watched by Jun Ishimura 13 Nov, 2014

Cerebral, thoughtful, and somewhat questionable at times, Andrei Tarkovsky's supernatural Stalker is an amazing philanthropic piece of work on the nature of our innermost desires which are, for the most part, inspired from a world torn apart by factual realism and metaphysical causality.

• Gonzo

Cinematography: ★★★★★
    Sound: ★★★★★
    Misleading title: ★★★★★

What I learned:
    We're all looking for our own escape

• Austin Bryant

★★★★★ Watched by Austin Bryant 04 Nov, 2014

Whoa.

• Kafe

★★★★★ Added by Kafe

Favourite movie of all time. Suberb writing and cinematography in this one. Definitely Tarkovsky's most philosophical work.

• dovzhenko

★★★★★ Rewatched by dovzhenko 27 Oct, 2014

35mm. 2nd time on the big screen.

• Jonathan Storey

★★ Watched by Jonathan Storey 27 Oct, 2014

0 for 2 on Tarkovsky so far. Felt like Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade to Find the Wizard of Oz and Break the Seventh Seal, but with none of the lightness of any of those constituent parts. Beautifully shot, but I just didn't care one iota about anyone or anything.

• george procakis

★★★★★ Rewatched by george procakis 26 Oct, 2014

όταν ο χρόνος της νύχτας συστέλλεται, ο χρόνος των πλάνων διαστέλλεται.

• MrMagnusson

★★★★½ Rewatched by MrMagnusson 24 Oct, 2014

The last time I watched this film I wasn't really stunned by it, I acknowledged it's themes and it's direction and it left me wanting more of the ole' Tarkovsky but I did never feel it was "great".

So for two days ago my friend who has a normal interest in cinema and films texted me the following "Don't you want to watch STALKER with me someday?".
    Naturally I thought it would be the film "STALKERS" from 2013 and not…