• King Cobra Shins

Rewatched by King Cobra Shins 03 May, 2016

Never again

• Joel T

★★★ Watched by Joel T 02 May, 2016

Well, I learned a new word. Abstruse. It's been a long time since a movie made me feel stupid. Looking at all these 5 star reviews for Stalker, it's just making me feel worse. Almost from minute one, my brain entered a fog that did not leave for the rest of the movie. And I watched this, CAREFULLY. The meaning of the soliloquies, the slow zoom shots, the mystery that is not solved were all overwhelming and underwhelming at the…

• heyannakate

★★★★★ Added by heyannakate

Just a phenomenal, gorgeously transcendent movie that doesn't obnoxiously broadcast its existentialism. Rather, you are invited to journey with the characters into a place of grappling with your own malcontent. This is a film that gives you space to think without demanding as much, and expects that thought and intent can be enough to manipulate reality. An absolute must-see.

• Benjamin Taylor

★★★★★ Watched by Benjamin Taylor 01 May, 2016

astounding

• TheMovieFisher

★★★★★ Watched by TheMovieFisher 01 May, 2016

might possibly be my new favorite movie

• ceilinglampfilm

Watched by ceilinglampfilm 01 May, 2016

It isn’t always easy writing film reviews. I am utterly incapable of writing a review for this film, so I am not even going to try. It would be a disservice to the film. As much as I hate to be "that guy" that just immediately gives (computer voice) "STALKEEER" a perfect score after my first viewing; the raw, stripped down power of this cinematic creation simply must not go without the fullest extent of praise. Sometimes I feel like…

• BenSherman

★★★★½ Watched by BenSherman 22 Jul, 2015

An unsolved puzzle. Although the plot stretches for almost 3 hours, and moves quite slowly, the mystery Andrei Tarkovsky gives to it will keep glued to the screen. Easter-eggs and hints all over the movie awaits for someone to make sense out of them. This mysterious trip, with three interesting and different characters, just cries for endless of possible solutions. Where confusion is more of a probability than a possibility.

• Kamal Moustapha

★★★★★ Watched by Kamal Moustapha 29 Apr, 2016

Masterpiece!

• nightwinga

★★★★ Watched by nightwinga 27 Apr, 2016

It is obvious to me that I won't be able to watch all of this in one sitting.

A few reasons: I watch movies at night because of my schedule, and therefore I don't focus as well on them as I would otherwise because I'm tired at night. Also, besides the fact that this movie is three hours long, it's also super dense and detail-packed and generally really cool, and I don't want to miss anything by dozing off.

Resolved:…

• Matthew Boulton

★★★★½ Watched by Matthew Boulton 26 Apr, 2016

"People don't go this way."

• will will

★★★★★ Rewatched by will will 25 Apr, 2016 2

This is essentially a rough essay and analysis of Stalker after a second viewing of it. This was a recent watching of the new blu-ray release.

Tarkovsky for me is the greatest [director], the one who invented a new language, true to the nature of film, as it captures life as a reflection, life as a dream.
    - Ingmar Bergman

Stalker is a film that makes you feel, in the simplest sense of the word. It is true that in…

• mjbillington

★★★½ Watched by mjbillington 24 Apr, 2016

Beautifully shot, as expected, but every plot point is a little too loose. Despite a memorable scene and a hautingly fantastic last scene, very much like Solarys, stalker is well beneath it as a movie.