• dovzhenko

★★★★★ Rewatched by dovzhenko 27 Oct, 2014

35mm. 2nd time on the big screen.

• Jonathan Storey

★★ Watched by Jonathan Storey 27 Oct, 2014

0 for 2 on Tarkovsky so far. Felt like Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade to Find the Wizard of Oz and Break the Seventh Seal, but with none of the lightness of any of those constituent parts. Beautifully shot, but I just didn't care one iota about anyone or anything.

• george procakis

★★★★★ Rewatched by george procakis 26 Oct, 2014

όταν ο χρόνος της νύχτας συστέλλεται, ο χρόνος των πλάνων διαστέλλεται.

• MrMagnusson

★★★★½ Rewatched by MrMagnusson 24 Oct, 2014

The last time I watched this film I wasn't really stunned by it, I acknowledged it's themes and it's direction and it left me wanting more of the ole' Tarkovsky but I did never feel it was "great".

So for two days ago my friend who has a normal interest in cinema and films texted me the following "Don't you want to watch STALKER with me someday?".
    Naturally I thought it would be the film "STALKERS" from 2013 and not…

• hydra815

★★★½ Added by hydra815

It's important to remember that this is science fiction at it's purest, mixing fantasy and realism with the intention of showing the audience something about the contemporary world we live in. This is how science fiction was approached in literature, before the days of film, used as an allegory or metaphor for our world or as an attempt to answer fundamentally human questions instead of being vessels for special effects. Whilst today's sci-fi blockbusters are visually stunning, the genre rarely…

• Carlos

★★★★★ Added by Carlos

• Sebastian Mendo

★★★★½ Added by Sebastian Mendo

Andrei Tarkovsky is possibly one of the most interesting directors of all time. His style really drags your patience but it also lowers your expectations of what might happen, so that when something happens it's much more impactful (example, what works better, an explosion in a Transformers film or an explosion in a drama? You're not expecting the explosion from the drama, that's why it's more impactful when it happens). Anyways, I certainly had my doubts with him about his…

• Dirk Diggler

★★★★★ Watched by Dirk Diggler 18 Oct, 2014

I have seen the face of God and it is Stalker.

Okay, I don't really know what this was about, but Jesus Christ if it isn't compelling and haunting and beautiful and other adjectives. I think it's #29 on Sight and Sound's greatest movies. Deservedly.

• sata11

★★★★★ Watched by sata11 18 Oct, 2014

My conscience wants vegetarianism to win over the world. And my subconscious is yearning for a piece of juicy meat. But what do I want?

Hablar de Stalker es una tarea que requiere absoluto compromiso, el hecho de poner en palabras la película sería quitarle esa magia, esa atmósfera de sueño en la que nos sumergimos al comenzar el visionado. Pero es una tarea que vale la pena hacer, difícilmente sea lo suficientemente digna, pero vale la pena intentarlo.

Al…

• Kurdt

★★★★½ Watched by Kurdt 16 Oct, 2014

"You dream of one thing, but you get quite another."

There's no way I could do the brilliance of this film justice with a typical review. Let's just say that watching this was an experience I'll never forget.

• Mike Hricik

★★★★★ Watched by Mike Hricik 09 Oct, 2014

Not sure what to say after my first viewing of Stalker, other than — a. I really want to read Geoff Dyer's Zona: A Book About a Film About a Journey to a Room now; b. Stalkers gonna stalk.

• Aleksandar Naćić

★★★★★ Watched by Aleksandar Naćić 11 Oct, 2014

Trebalo je i onu žensku da povedu u ZONU. Kontam da bi bilo zanimljivije, a i zbog razonode.