• Kamal Moustapha

★★★★★ Watched by Kamal Moustapha 29 Apr, 2016

Masterpiece!

• nightwinga

★★★★ Watched by nightwinga 27 Apr, 2016

It is obvious to me that I won't be able to watch all of this in one sitting.

A few reasons: I watch movies at night because of my schedule, and therefore I don't focus as well on them as I would otherwise because I'm tired at night. Also, besides the fact that this movie is three hours long, it's also super dense and detail-packed and generally really cool, and I don't want to miss anything by dozing off.

Resolved:…

• Matthew Boulton

★★★★½ Watched by Matthew Boulton 26 Apr, 2016

"People don't go this way."

• will will

★★★★★ Rewatched by will will 25 Apr, 2016

This is essentially a rough essay and analysis of Stalker after a second viewing of it. This was a recent watching of the new blu-ray release.

Tarkovsky for me is the greatest [director], the one who invented a new language, true to the nature of film, as it captures life as a reflection, life as a dream.
    - Ingmar Bergman

Stalker is a film that makes you feel, in the simplest sense of the word. It is true that in…

• mjbillington

★★★½ Watched by mjbillington 24 Apr, 2016

Beautifully shot, as expected, but every plot point is a little too loose. Despite a memorable scene and a hautingly fantastic last scene, very much like Solarys, stalker is well beneath it as a movie.

• Felix Morgan

★★★★★ Watched by Felix Morgan 24 Apr, 2016 2

Stalker has instantly cemented itself as one of my favourite films ever. Beautifully shot, thematically dense, and utterly engaging from start to finish (despite the slow pace and long run-time).

Compared to other cinematic cornerstones, I found it relatively accessible. Not that I feel I understood it all by any means - there is clearly massive depth to this film that I won't have unpicked yet (I've not read any reviews or analysis yet deliberately, I wanted to write my…

• Evan Daniels

★★★★★ Watched by Evan Daniels 22 Apr, 2016

It's almost impossible to come to terms with how satisfyingly perfect this movie is.

• Arthur92998

★★★★★ Watched by Arthur92998 22 Apr, 2016 4

This film is not from this world.

It seemed that everything that happenend in the screen was real, as if there were no one behind the cameras.

But what i loved the most was how the movie worked. "Stalker" is not about Aliens invasions, monsters or this kind of stuff. It's actually about hope, redemption, misery and the search of the three main characters for hapiness....

P.S. Fuck the Revenant for trying to be Tarkovsky.

• ay496

★★★★ Watched by ay496 21 Apr, 2016

Watched via the Kino Lorber DVD - the quality was so bad it may have diminished the impact of the film for me. I have to revisit this one once I have access to a better version.

• Hairlesseagle

★★★★½ Watched by Hairlesseagle 19 Apr, 2016

Really, really long but it never felt like it was dragging. Beautifully shot, great music, well acted, well written. I thoroughly enjoyed this. I'm already thinking of watching it again some time.

• Emily H.

★★★★★ Watched by Emily H. 18 Apr, 2016 3

I am blown away by this film. It is absolutely stunning. Thought provoking, mysterious, and full of emotion. I teared up a bit and i'm not exactly sure why. Tarkovsky does a masterful job with the cinematography. Love the transitions between the lush colors and sepia. I could watch the opening bedroom scene just for that beautiful sepia over and over again. The scenery is dream-like and I loved the use of water. This is a beautiful work of art. Going on my list of favorites.

• Mike

★★★★★ Rewatched by Mike 12 Apr, 2016

This is my second viewing of Russian film master Andrei Tarkovksy's STALKER. I waited almost six years to re-watch this film. Now I realize how personal, experiential, and gorgeous Tarkovky's cinematic language is. Sure his other films include existential science-fiction (SOLARIS), dream-induced psychedelia (MIRROR), historical epic (ANDREI RUBLEV), and more, but STALKER is a film only classified under itself.

Set in a future where an unknown alien-like presence inhabits a quarantined area called "the Zone." Scenes set outside of the…