• Willy Evans

★★ Watched by Willy Evans 13 Sep, 2014

This movie has very serious tonal issues. Whether it's deciding whether or not it wants to be a children's movie or not, or whether it wants to keep one foot in reality or both feet firmly in fantasy. Ultimately waffling between the two leads to its failure.

• Kari Bingham-Gutierrez

★★★½ Watched by Kari Bingham-Gutierrez 14 Sep, 2014

This may be a children's movie, but it seemed very adult. Lots of innuendoes. The witches were absolutely terrifying.

It contained surprising/unexpected twists.

Endearing love story...mildly predictable

Overall, I was entertained and would possibly watch it again.

• Lukas Bach Münzenmayer Reyes

★★★½ Watched by Lukas Bach Münzenmayer Reyes 08 Sep, 2014

First half was i borad and it took me 3 times to watch the first hour, but after that, it becomes one of the greatest thing i have ever seen.

• MatthewLB

★½ Watched by MatthewLB 28 Aug, 2014

A movie that people liked but I hate it.

• Amalric

★★★★ Watched by Amalric 28 Aug, 2014

It shouldn't work and yet it does.

• John Money

★★★ Rewatched by John Money 27 Aug, 2014

"A philosopher once asked, "Are we human because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are human?" Pointless, really... "Do the stars gaze back?" Now *that's* a question."

• sandrocorvetto

★★★ Rewatched by sandrocorvetto 23 Aug, 2014

every time i watch this movie i like it more, what is surprising because the first time i didnt enjoyed it very much.

In the 1800s, a boy becomes a man when he ventures through the breech in pursuit of a fallen star, to prove his love for the village beauty. The star is no lump of rock, it's a maiden, Yvaine. Tristan, the youth, is not the only one looking for her: three witches, led by Lamia, want her…

• Viktor Prentovski

★★★★½ Watched by Viktor Prentovski 22 Aug, 2014 2

Stardust is a wonderful tale of adventure and love! Everything looks great, the writing is nice and funny and the tale is exceptional. The acting is pretty good all around. Right from the very start, you will find out that this was based on a book. Only real writers can write such a great magical story. I have not read the book on which this is based on, but I feel like I don't need to. This movie was great…

• Darth Huber

★★★★ Added by Darth Huber

An absolute joy to watch. Underrated and unseen.

• Morgan_Lightle

★★★★ Added by Morgan_Lightle

I think after The Lord of the Rings our expectations for fantasy have changed. Instead of old style silliness we get more fantasy films trying to be grandly epic. That is what makes Stardust so fresh. It's a fun little movie that gets what a good time is, and doesn't try to be something that it's not.
    Stardust follows young boy Tristan Thorn as he journeys across a magical land full of dangerous witches, murderous princes and flying pirates in…

• fermion

★★★½ Added by fermion

Point well your gestures

• Bonnie

★★★★ Watched by Bonnie 26 Jul, 2014

I thought this was so well done! Every time I thought it was going to get lame and cliche, the dialogue saved itself by becoming witty and self-aware. It's happily-ever-after, but different, and more fulfilling...