• Kieron Moore

★★★ Watched by Kieron Moore 08 Mar, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Carlos J. Marín

★★★★½ Rewatched by Carlos J. Marín 16 Apr, 2014

Pelis como STARDUST aparecen una vez cada 20 años.

• Jordi Sánchez-Navarro

★★★★ Rewatched by Jordi Sánchez-Navarro 15 Apr, 2014

Me gusta Neil Gaiman. Me gusta Charles Vess.
    Me gusta Matthew Vaughn. Me gusta su socia Jane Goldman.
    Y Michelle Pfeiffer, Robert de Niro, Claire Danes y todos los demás intérpretes.
    Me gusta la fantasía.
    Echad cuentas.

• Steen918

★★★★½ Rewatched by Steen918 05 Apr, 2014

One of my go-to "Saturday afternoon watch while cleaning" flicks.

• Sinistra Heka

Watched by Sinistra Heka 12 Apr, 2014

Tengo que aprender a confiar en mi instinto. Había evadido ver esta película mucho tiempo aun cuando mis hermanas me insistían que la viera. Hoy lo lograron; que cantidad tan grande de ocurrencias tan desmembradas. Demasiado tiempo de un "Todo puede pasar, porque aqui pasa de todo y punto. " Ni siquiera ver a De Niro de mariquita fue suficiente para llevarme a disfrutar la historia. Que cosa más rara, me hubiera ido a dormir temprano.

• cineedo
  • dda1996a

★★½ Watched by dda1996a 06 Apr, 2014

For the most part, Stardust is a film that is so infectious with its sillyness and joy that I was willing to completely ignore all its bad CGI, major and many plot holes and overall tone.

Being directed by Matthew Vaughn (of Layer Cake, Kickass and X-Men First Class fame, all great films), having De-Niro play a cross dresser and adapted from a Neil Gaiman book it all seemed to make a great film.

And while it is an enjoyable…

• Tarryn-tino

★★★★ Rewatched by Tarryn-tino 06 Apr, 2014

De Niro in drag, alone, gives this movie its 4 stars! HA!

Great movie simply to chill out to. Enjoyed it as much on my, I think this is my third watch, as I did the first time.

A sweet love story, a few giggles, good overcoming evil and swashbuckling action.

One thing I did love this time, was noticing all the actors in it that I never noticed before - like Henry Cavill, Mark Strong and Jason Flemyng. Love all the comedians in it too hehe :-)

• admatha

★★★★★ Watched by admatha 31 Mar, 2014

There are so many movies based on books out there that are disappointing. There are even a few where the movies are better than the books. Stardust may be the only story in existence where I cannot decide whether I love the book or the movie better. The book is just so wonderful, a perfect fairy tale in every way with beautiful illustrations to boot. But the movie is a perfect adventure tale, with so many perfect performances it's going…

• Joshua Brown

★★★★ Watched by Joshua Brown 30 Mar, 2014

This was so much fun to watch! Like, almost Princess Bride levels of fun. I was a bit bummed at first when I figured out it wasn't Ben Barnes, but Charlie Cox, that would be the protagonist. But that's the point of his arc. He has to discover the hero hiding underneath. The chemistry between him and Claire Danes was wonderful, and she makes the perfect star. I heard Robert De Niro was good in this but man, he really shows a different side and is great to watch. I kind of want to read Gaiman's book now.

• monte75

★★★ Added by monte75

Beautiful movie. Sets, art direction and visuals are fantastic. The story is another thing entirely. I've never read the graphic novel, but the movie story was pretty generic and uninteresting. There are worse ways to spend 2 hours. I did take offense to the comparisons between this movie and the Princess Bride. I knew Princess Bride, and you sir, are no Princess Bride.

• smellsen

★★½ Added by smellsen

Fantasy fun! Good times bad times.