• dw

Watched by dw 29 Aug, 2015

i've never seen a worse movie. Merc Force was better. it was boring and slow and stupid and ugly. it was annoying. i woulda left if i hadn't carpooled. lesson learned: don't carpool ever.

rating: -273.15 Celcius

• Conan Tan

★★★★ Watched by Conan Tan 03 Jul, 2015

The film is not entirely faithful but is just as enjoyable as the book/graphic novel it was adapted from. The performances of the actors were great. I especially liked the scene where future Daredevli almost fought with future Superman.

• stecky87

★★★ Watched by stecky87 28 Aug, 2015

Entertaining enough, but there's something about it I found a little *too* ridiculous. The cast is good (I particularly like Robert DeNiro playing against type) & the sets and costumes are fantastic, but it felt like something was missing.

• Aurora Esterlia

★★★★★ Added by Aurora Esterlia

A fallen star is actually a lady and she's being hunted by three witches and a boy who wants to bring that fallen star to the girl he crushed on.

From Matthew Vaughn, it's all felt like a family-drama, but the music score, the jokes, great story-plot, full of imaginations, great landscape scenes, and well-make up, kind of disturbing but it's really necessary. It deserves five stars, name it. It felt like another realm of magic world that from the past time, long before Harry Potter.

• Ben Lott

★★★★★ Watched by Ben Lott 14 Aug, 2015

When Stardust was sold to me as "another Princess Bride" I was extraordinarily skeptical, and actually dreaded watching it because I was afraid I'd be massively disappointed. Wow, I could not have been more wrong! This film is simply magical and deserves comparison to The Princess Bride because it captures that blend of comedy, romance, and action. I'll admit that early on I was a bit confused and didn't totally understand what was happening because they don't waste much time…

• Becky Lea
  • Ellie Morris

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ellie Morris 14 Aug, 2015

I've seen this film so many times and I am now sure Iw ill never bore of it

• Tom Morris

★★★½ Rewatched by Tom Morris 13 Aug, 2015

Charming and fun. De Niro and Pfeiffer are really enjoying themselves and it shows. Ending is a cop-out though.

• CalicoRvb3n

★★★★ Added by CalicoRvb3n

¡Qué película más maravillosa!

Aventura y fantasía a la vieja usanza, de esas que me llenaban el corazón cuando era pequeño. Me encanta el paralelismo entre Inglaterra y Stormhold, su analogía con las estrellas. Me encanta Michelle Pfeiffer como villana. Y Claire Danes, y Charlie Cox. Y Robert De Niro haciendo su mejor personaje en años.

Un poco repetitiva en el tercer acto, con muchas vueltas y un poco de mareo, pero no hace desmerecer el encanto y la ilusión con la que Matthew Vaughn dirige "Stardust". Deseando leer la novela de Neil Gaiman.

• gloria

★★★★½ Added by gloria

There's a reason I always tell people that this is my favorite movie: after they undoubtedly respond with a look of "????" I get to launch into a list of reasons as to why this movie is so great. The acting is phenomenal (I'm so glad Charlie Cox has starred in Daredevil and that his talents are finally being recognized), the chemistry between Tristan and Yvaine is so believable, and it's such a fun fantasy romp. It's as easy to…

• t2kickassjedi

★★★★★ Added by t2kickassjedi

Stardust is a really fun fairytale with a cool concept and awesome action.

• Nick van Lieshout

★★★ Watched by Nick van Lieshout 27 Jul, 2015

Despite being a little longer than it needs to be and featuring all the cliches that usually come with this kind of story, STARDUST is a lot of fun. It's THE PRINCESS BRIDE for a 21st century audience, a comparison made all the more apt by the deft hand with which Matthew Vaughn directs. It's an accomplishment for only his second film, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I'd be really interested to see how this film changes…