• Locke

★★★★½ Rewatched by Locke 19 Nov, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Sam Donchess

★★★★ Watched by Sam Donchess 16 Nov, 2014

Totally wasn't expecting this to be one of the best fantasies I've ever seen. Lovely in just about every way.

• Benjamin Devasir

★★★★ Rewatched by Benjamin Devasir 01 Nov, 2014

Not in any way as good as the book, but still incredibly satisfying. I could watch it on a regular basis and still be entertained.

• von Hemert

★★★ Watched by von Hemert 29 Oct, 2014

this movie is adorable and little else.

• Parker Brogdon

★★★½ Rewatched by Parker Brogdon 26 Oct, 2014

Though you could feel the director straining to combine the humor and sense of adventure necessary for this type of film to work, I do think he accomplished something special. This is one of my favorite types of movies: the fantasy film that realizes it is fantasy, and therefore doesn't take itself too seriously. Charlie Cox is an ideal leading man for Stardust. He is so likable, goofy, the perfect presence to be silly and romantic. I'm not the hugest…

• nadiasebunya

★★★★★ Added by nadiasebunya

I just...stars and witches and strong women and beautiful men :3

• jflaner14

★★★★ Added by jflaner14

I loved this movie and after seeing it on this website I really want to watch it again

• Dominic

★★½ Watched by Dominic 11 Oct, 2014

The performances were okay, the effects were okay, the story was okay, the idea was okay. The film was just okay.

• Chad Anderson

★★★★½ Rewatched by Chad Anderson 12 Oct, 2014 2

I do not know how this payed in the US or how it is remembered there but I hear nothing about it so I can only assume it is seriously underrated. I was completely smitten by this in the theater, Hyunsook will alwasy watch it and it has so many great star turns... Furthermore, it is a a brand-new fairy tale and what feels like an instant classic. I taped it and squeezed it in between the trip to the…

• Cole_Ratcliff

Watched by Cole_Ratcliff 10 Oct, 2014

D+ (68)

• loureviews

★★½ Watched by loureviews 04 Apr, 2008

I had high hopes of 'Stardust' mainly because of its cast, and because of interesting preview trailers. However, now I've seen it, I'm a bit underwhelmed.

Charlie Cox isn't the most interesting leading man in the world, and his quest to find a fallen star (Claire Danes, who has grown up a lot since Romeo+Juliet) for his 'one true love' Victoria (a tiresome Sienna Miller) is confusing and a bit silly.

Many cast members are underused, notably those who play…

• matthew, but only when my mom is mad at me, even at 35

★★★★ Added by matthew, but only when my mom is mad at me, even at 35

The casting is spot on(Michelle Phieffer, rocks in this). With a mild touch of old school sardonic wit, and just the right amount of romanticism, the scale of the film's parts are balanced perfectly.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyK1bZZ7E-s

PERSONAL: What else can I say I liked it. Familiar with DC's Vertigo, I find Gaiman and Moore-02dowithis-to be literary geniuses. Even if their talents do not always translate to other forms of art and/or media.