• Bob R.

★★★★ Rewatched by Bob R. 25 Nov, 2015

Stardust is a sometimes touching fairy tale in the same vein as The Princess Bride, only not as funny and a bit more mean-spirited in it's depiction of three witches who pursue a magical girl from whom they seek to eat her immortality-bestowing heart.

After watching five seasons of Homeland, it's kind of weird seeing Claire Danes playing a character who is both sweet and sane. She pulls it off though, as does Michelle Pfeiffer, Mark Strong, Robert De Niro…

• blind_choice

★★★ Watched by blind_choice 17 Nov, 2015

Day 48 of 365 of my year long challenge

Week 7: Fantasy

"We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality." - Iris Murdoch

Stardust is that fantasy film that lingers on the edge of everyone's film radar. Based on the works of Neil Gaiman, aimed at the young adult crowd and crammed with stars and memorable faces, this is a film that will have done well and…

• Brendan Edwards

★★★½ Watched by Brendan Edwards 16 Nov, 2015

A lovely adventurous fairytale that started off a bit confusing and chaotic but grabbed me more and more as it progressed and things came together and i ended up really enjoying it.

• Alexander Grant

★★★ Watched by Alexander Grant 15 Nov, 2015

It's the supporting cast who really steal the show in this fairytale. While Cox and Danes are fine, De Niro is charming and Strong is great to watch as well. The world is packed with magic and adventure around every corner. It's cheesy and predictable but it's fun.

The start is pretty chaotic as things happen at a rapid pace but the film builds into a nice conclusion. An enjoyable way to pass the time. Likeable but not loveable.

• Antonio Quintero

★★★ Watched by Antonio Quintero 24 Jun, 2007

A cute fairy tale, with a lot of violent moments. In other words is the perfect fairy tale movie.

• dee

★★★★★ Added by dee

this is a beautiful fantasy movie! i'll always be amazed at how all the loose ends are tied together. it's one of my favorites ever.

• alipaints

★★★★★ Watched by alipaints 10 Nov, 2015

Robert de Niro's grunting is all I needed, tbh.

I want a sequel with the princely ghosts reacting to everything.

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★½ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)

• Colton B.

★★★½ Watched by Colton B. 04 Nov, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

A sentient star from space develops Stockholm Syndrome and falls for her captor. Robert De Niro is a gay sky pirate. Charming film.

• konekon1nj4

★★★★★ Watched by konekon1nj4 28 Oct, 2015

A wonderful fantasy story and an amazing cast make for a very entertaining film. Thoroughly enjoyed.

• Ramsay09

★★★½ Added by Ramsay09 1

Surprisingly good

• Roman Arbisi

★★★★ Watched by Roman Arbisi 20 Oct, 2015

'Stardust' is an excellent modern fairy tale with amazing performances, exciting action, fiery romance, and great direction by the hands of Matthew Vaughn. One of Hollywood's youngest directors who is taking the cinema landscape by storm. Having finally been convinced too see 'Stardust' after listening too many of my peers rave about this film for months, I finally took a chance, and I really enjoyed it!

During an age where fantasy films haven't garnered much attention and success besides Peter…