• Icky Clan Films

★½ Watched by Icky Clan Films 06 May, 2016

Neil Gaiman is one the seemingly easiest authors to adapt since his stories are so fanciful and whimsical, but they are so complex with many characters that are incredibly rich with emotion and thought that they can become muddled when forced together. That is why Stardust doesn't work. It spends too much time focusing on the lore and the visually fantasy that it forgets that at its heart is a very human story.

• sweet_root

Watched by sweet_root 03 May, 2016

what is this cuteness
    it's kinda crazy fantasy world they got there. but it's cute in its oddness lol

• Austin Vashaw

★★★★½ Watched by Austin Vashaw 22 Apr, 2016

This is my first viewing of Stardust. It flew under my radar on its release, or perhaps I just didn’t notice it, unaware of the Neil Gaiman connection and mistaking it for a chick flick or YA-type nonsense (misconceptions that its poster/cover art do little to deter). But it’s certainly worked up a favorable reputation over the years, enough to me to take notice, and I'm so glad I did.

The script is surprisingly hilarious, and the many humorous moments add levity to an already joyous film that mixes magical fantasy, romance, and a hero’s saga into one glorious, rollicking treat.

Two Cents: cinapse.co/2016/04/22/stardust-two-cents

• Nick

★½ Added by Nick

I never thought I would aggressively dislike a faerie tale from the mind of Neil Gaiman, and yet here we are.

Plodding, dimly shot, predictable, poorly acted, and generally lacking in heart, Stardust is little more than a forgettable pile of film stock from a half-baked effort.

• NMW

Watched by NMW 21 Apr, 2016

Douche chill city.

• Angel Tarragon

★★★★★ Watched by Angel Tarragon 19 Apr, 2016

This has got to be the most perfect movie I have ever watched. Granted it is not science-fiction which I happen to love more than fantasy these days. It is everything I could possibly want in a movie about LOVE.

There is a lot of action, a good amount of comedy, swordplay, sorcery and, since this is a movie about love, romance.

Never has a moved me so much about love that it made me cry. Stardust made me cry on several occasions.

I think for us table-top role-players it probably the closest we can get to an Eberron movie.

• Curtis Loves Movies

★★★ Watched by Curtis Loves Movies 17 Apr, 2016

Favorite part was the funny commentary from the ghost brothers. Reminded me a lot of the ghosts from The Frighteners.

• The Eye of the Donut

★★★ Watched by The Eye of the Donut 16 Apr, 2016

Ντενίρο είσαι απολαυστικός ρε αγόρι μου.

• John Robinson

★★★½ Watched by John Robinson 12 Apr, 2016

Gave it an extra half star because Ricky Gervais gets stabbed in the gut

• devilniced

★★★ Watched by devilniced 11 Apr, 2016

Un cuento muy cuqui creado para pasar el rato y poco más. Muy cine familiar. Cumple.

• Taylor Gilbert

★★★½ Watched by Taylor Gilbert 10 Apr, 2016

It feels a little cluttered at times, and at other times seems to forget Mark Strong's character has anything to do for the last half - but Stardust is charming and enjoyable and has a much stronger second half than the first.

De Niro needs a spin-off as Captain Shakespeare.

• Ryan Sheldon

★★★½ Added by Ryan Sheldon

Whoever said Shakespeare is boring should rethink that, because Captian Shakespeare is a badass.