• Frank Future

★★★ Watched by Frank Future 26 Mar, 2015

In a nutshell, Stardust is the best Matthew Vaughn film since Layer Cake. Which isn't saying much, since it's also his first film after Layer Cake.

Despite his trademark blasé handling of the narrative and Gaiman's rather cavalier approach to the number of storylines and characters, Stardust remains notably less haphazard than the more recent Kingsman, First Class or Kick-Ass.

The truth is, for some reason I just don't seem to be getting the man's style. Judging by IMDb scores…

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★★ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

Thoroughly charming adventure film. Seen it 3 or 4 times.

• Mathieu Chin-Quee

★★★★ Watched by Mathieu Chin-Quee 20 Mar, 2015

Matthew Vaughn proves once again that he is a great story teller and a masterful director. Although the story was a little cliche, the ending was obvious from the beginning, Stardust provides an exciting fantasy romantic adventure with a heartwarming, though predictable, story. Led by strong performances by main and supporting cast alike the movie is as fun as it is comedic (especially the ghosts) and emotionally rewarding.

• ZawMine

★★★★ Added by ZawMine

Oh man I love this film so much. Fun and entertaining family fantasy movie.

• PinkMaqbara

★★★★ Rewatched by PinkMaqbara 19 Mar, 2015

Fantástica, qué más decir. El tipo de cine con el que conecto, y unas escenas de De Niro antológicas.

• katie h.

★★★ Watched by katie h. 18 Mar, 2015

cute

• S_MTX

★★★ Watched by S_MTX 17 Mar, 2015

I don't know how to explain it. At first I found it really enjoyable. It had a great sense of wonder and humor that wasn't affraid to really get out there. I don't think the movie neccessairly went in a bad direction but it just started to lose me somewhere in the middle. The humor began to feel excessive that by the final set piece I wasn't sure when to laugh or be invested in the danger. I guess for…

• MysteryLover66

★★★★ Added by MysteryLover66

• Ness

★★★★½ Added by Ness

MICHELLE PFEIFFER

• Ben Miranda

★★★★★ Watched by Ben Miranda 07 Mar, 2015

Have you ever watched a movie, and were fully convinced that it was going to be a terrible experience, only to have it suddenly take you and win you over?

Because Stardust is one of those movies. I'd heard about it, looked it up, but it never really seemed like anything that I would like. For one thing, the fairy tale deconstruction/subversion is now a genre unto itself, usually populated by cheap Shrek knockoffs, or pale attempts to imitate The…

• David

★★★ Added by David

Stardust is a refreshingly goofy fantasy that's a mostly entertaining film. I think the main issue, outside of some slightly off pacing and an unfocused narrative, is that none of the characters are that interesting. Especially this leading man that's about as interesting as cardboard. It's nice to see Vaughn direct with a bit more elegance. Not sure if elegance is the right word, though...

• Ashley Norris

★★★★ Watched by Ashley Norris 28 Feb, 2015

Audibly laughed a lot at this. Quite surprised by it, I've put it off for years.