• Darth Huber

★★★★ Added by Darth Huber

An absolute joy to watch. Underrated and unseen.

• Morgan_Lightle

★★★★ Added by Morgan_Lightle

I think after The Lord of the Rings our expectations for fantasy have changed. Instead of old style silliness we get more fantasy films trying to be grandly epic. That is what makes Stardust so fresh. It's a fun little movie that gets what a good time is, and doesn't try to be something that it's not.
    Stardust follows young boy Tristan Thorn as he journeys across a magical land full of dangerous witches, murderous princes and flying pirates in…

• fermion

★★★½ Added by fermion

Point well your gestures

• Bonnie

★★★★ Watched by Bonnie 26 Jul, 2014

I thought this was so well done! Every time I thought it was going to get lame and cliche, the dialogue saved itself by becoming witty and self-aware. It's happily-ever-after, but different, and more fulfilling...

• Massafaka

★★★★ Watched by Massafaka 17 Mar, 2008

Sehr gutes Märchen mit ungemein hoher Geschwindigkeit, die Geschichte lässt von Anfang an kaum Zeit zum Luftholen und auch die Story ist gar nicht so umkomplex für ein Märchen.

• leah

★★★½ Added by leah

this movie is stupidly cute and romantic i love it and just bought it for $2 at an antique store i'm pumped

• Stef

★★★★ Watched by Stef 29 May, 2011

I was surprised to find that this is actually a decent fantasy/fairy tale flick; the acting's good (Michelle Pfeiffer in particular is outstanding), the story's entertaining (very 'Princess Bride'-esque, but with an ending that is perhaps a bit too quick fix and predictable (but not enough to ruin the movie)), and the effects are great. A nice Friday night movie, in other words.

• Hannah Long

★★★ Watched by Hannah Long 04 Jul, 2014

If you're going to use fantasy cliches - uncertain hero coming of age, damsel in distress, witch seeking eternal youth - this is the way to do it. These cliches, mixed with a bit of hilarious trope-subversion, are exaggerated with an earnest simplicity which is surprisingly endearing. It has all the elements of a classic fairytale, with just enough twist to let us see it with new eyes - not to mention a marvelous cast of British actors (hey, David…

• Jacek Noga

★★★★★ Watched by Jacek Noga 15 Jan, 2014

Great mov! :)

• Alex

★★★½ Rewatched by Alex 05 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• loupea

★★½ Watched by loupea 28 Dec, 2007

Visually appealing, but I do get tired of the storyline where an older (and, therefore, evil by the story's parameters) female is seeking to take youth and/or beauty away from a magical, younger and/or prettier woman. However, as distracting as that bit was, I may have to re-watch this and try to focus of other aspects of the story.

• Lobezno Estepario

★★★½ Watched by Lobezno Estepario 03 Oct, 2013

Aventura, magia, imaginación, humor y amor. El mayor defecto es la elección del actor protagonista.