• MatthewLB

★½ Watched by MatthewLB 28 Aug, 2014

A movie that people liked but I hate it.

• Amalric

★★★★ Watched by Amalric 28 Aug, 2014

It shouldn't work and yet it does.

• John Money

★★★ Rewatched by John Money 27 Aug, 2014

"A philosopher once asked, "Are we human because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are human?" Pointless, really... "Do the stars gaze back?" Now *that's* a question."

• sandrocorvetto

★★★ Rewatched by sandrocorvetto 23 Aug, 2014

every time i watch this movie i like it more, what is surprising because the first time i didnt enjoyed it very much.

In the 1800s, a boy becomes a man when he ventures through the breech in pursuit of a fallen star, to prove his love for the village beauty. The star is no lump of rock, it's a maiden, Yvaine. Tristan, the youth, is not the only one looking for her: three witches, led by Lamia, want her…

• Viktor Prentovski

★★★★½ Watched by Viktor Prentovski 22 Aug, 2014 2

Stardust is a wonderful tale of adventure and love! Everything looks great, the writing is nice and funny and the tale is exceptional. The acting is pretty good all around. Right from the very start, you will find out that this was based on a book. Only real writers can write such a great magical story. I have not read the book on which this is based on, but I feel like I don't need to. This movie was great…

• Darth Huber

★★★★ Added by Darth Huber

An absolute joy to watch. Underrated and unseen.

• Morgan_Lightle

★★★★ Added by Morgan_Lightle

I think after The Lord of the Rings our expectations for fantasy have changed. Instead of old style silliness we get more fantasy films trying to be grandly epic. That is what makes Stardust so fresh. It's a fun little movie that gets what a good time is, and doesn't try to be something that it's not.
    Stardust follows young boy Tristan Thorn as he journeys across a magical land full of dangerous witches, murderous princes and flying pirates in…

• fermion

★★★½ Added by fermion

Point well your gestures

• Bonnie

★★★★ Watched by Bonnie 26 Jul, 2014

I thought this was so well done! Every time I thought it was going to get lame and cliche, the dialogue saved itself by becoming witty and self-aware. It's happily-ever-after, but different, and more fulfilling...

• Massafaka

★★★★ Watched by Massafaka 17 Mar, 2008

Sehr gutes Märchen mit ungemein hoher Geschwindigkeit, die Geschichte lässt von Anfang an kaum Zeit zum Luftholen und auch die Story ist gar nicht so umkomplex für ein Märchen.

• leah

★★★½ Added by leah

this movie is stupidly cute and romantic i love it and just bought it for $2 at an antique store i'm pumped

• Stef

★★★★ Watched by Stef 29 May, 2011

I was surprised to find that this is actually a decent fantasy/fairy tale flick; the acting's good (Michelle Pfeiffer in particular is outstanding), the story's entertaining (very 'Princess Bride'-esque, but with an ending that is perhaps a bit too quick fix and predictable (but not enough to ruin the movie)), and the effects are great. A nice Friday night movie, in other words.