• Egg MacGuffin

★★★★½ Added by Egg MacGuffin

I'm sure this was never intended to be a comic masterpiece, but it is.

• Jake Humphries

★★★★ Added by Jake Humphries

What's not to like?

Hulk Hogan, Christopher Lloyd, Shelley Duvall, The Undertaker. What a cast. The best film any of them have done if you ignore Back To The Future & The Shining.

• deadmanramsey

★★★½ Added by deadmanramsey

Guilty pleasure, no changing my mind. So...give it up Dragos!

• Serge Metcalfe

★★★½ Added by Serge Metcalfe

If you watch this film to this date you can either like it or strongly cringe at Hogan's acting.
    It's mostly his acting that brings the film down a tiny bit. As the rest of the film is fun and entertaining and stars quite a few well known actors including Christopher Lloyd and Shelley Duvall.
    With cameos from with one of the most notable ones being The Undertaker.
    But this film was released in 1991 so I can skip all…

• Jessi

★★★½ Added by Jessi

After imagining the possible grandeur of this film for years based on VHS trailers, I finally watched Suburban Commando. It's everything an early 90s sci-fi comedy starring Hulk Hogan and Christopher Lloyd could possibly be.

• Greg

★★★½ Watched by Greg 28 Aug, 2012

Another cheesy 90s film that I enjoyed when I was younger but doesn't live up to it any more... Shame!

It does have Larry Miller in it though and he's comedy gold

• damug

★★★ Watched by damug 08 Mar, 2015

Movie of the year 1991.

• Timothy Bartolini

★★★ Rewatched by Timothy Bartolini 30 Jan, 2015

Suburban Commando is a pretty solid action movie for kids. I enjoy the particular style of silliness it brings to the table. Christopher Lloyd elevates most material he is involved in and Hulk Hogan is at his most likable despite his less than amazing acting ability. It will not make any top 10 lists other than "Top 10 Hulk Hogan Movies" but it is fun nonetheless.

Keep an eye out for Mark Calloway (AKA: WWF's "The Undertaker") as one of the bounty hunters and Mad Men's Elisabeth Moss as a little girl that wants a cat out of a tree.

• Phil

★★★ Added by Phil

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Holy tight ass spandex Batman! a vehicle all for Hulk Hogan! luckily Christopher Lloyd is there to save the day kinda. An alien warrior that oddly enough looks exactly like a human being must save Earth and the universe from another set of aliens who also happen to look exactly like Human beings! what are the odds?.

So for better of worse Hogan is an alien that is basically space [i]Rambo[/i], he wears unconvincing plastic looking armour and carries unconvincing…

• JurassicGriffin

★★★ Watched by JurassicGriffin 20 Nov, 2013

I've not been the biggest fan of Hulk Hogan's movies in the past. This one changed that a little bit. Instead of being painful to watch, I found it quite enjoyable. The jokes land, and Hulk Hogan gives a decent performance. I think the movie is very much helped by Christopher Lloyd being in it, which probably goes a long way to letting me enjoy it. But the scenes without him still work in a way that I haven't seen in other Hulk Hogan movies. This one is fun. I liked it.

• Joe

★★★ Watched by Joe 07 Jul, 2013

Could practically hear my dad saying "the Hulkster's quite an actor" during every Hulk Hogan reaction shot (which for my money is way more entertaining than any dog reaction shot, even if the dog is frozen).

EDIT: Oh, also want to mention that when we see the bad guy's true form at the end he looks like a Mugwump.

• Tyler Baptist

★★★ Rewatched by Tyler Baptist 14 May, 2013

Hulk Hogan is an alien bounty hunter who crash-lands on earth after he's forced to take a vacation. So despite his dislike for humans, he befriends a suburban family led by Christopher Lloyd and Shelley Duvall. Lloyd's been a bumbling mess lately as his boss continues to give him the run-around and he's too chicken shit to ask for a raise, but when two other alien hunters arrive to take out the Hulk, he might just have to enlist the…