• Egg MacGuffin

★★★★½ Added by Egg MacGuffin

I'm sure this was never intended to be a comic masterpiece, but it is.

• Jessi

★★★½ Added by Jessi

After imagining the possible grandeur of this film for years based on VHS trailers, I finally watched Suburban Commando. It's everything an early 90s sci-fi comedy starring Hulk Hogan and Christopher Lloyd could possibly be.

• Greg

★★★½ Watched by Greg 28 Aug, 2012

Another cheesy 90s film that I enjoyed when I was younger but doesn't live up to it any more... Shame!

It does have Larry Miller in it though and he's comedy gold

• Phil

★★★ Added by Phil

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• JurassicGriffin

★★★ Watched by JurassicGriffin 20 Nov, 2013

I've not been the biggest fan of Hulk Hogan's movies in the past. This one changed that a little bit. Instead of being painful to watch, I found it quite enjoyable. The jokes land, and Hulk Hogan gives a decent performance. I think the movie is very much helped by Christopher Lloyd being in it, which probably goes a long way to letting me enjoy it. But the scenes without him still work in a way that I haven't seen in other Hulk Hogan movies. This one is fun. I liked it.

• Joe

★★★ Watched by Joe 07 Jul, 2013

Could practically hear my dad saying "the Hulkster's quite an actor" during every Hulk Hogan reaction shot (which for my money is way more entertaining than any dog reaction shot, even if the dog is frozen).

EDIT: Oh, also want to mention that when we see the bad guy's true form at the end he looks like a Mugwump.

• Tyler Baptist

★★★ Rewatched by Tyler Baptist 14 May, 2013

Hulk Hogan is an alien bounty hunter who crash-lands on earth after he's forced to take a vacation. So despite his dislike for humans, he befriends a suburban family led by Christopher Lloyd and Shelley Duvall. Lloyd's been a bumbling mess lately as his boss continues to give him the run-around and he's too chicken shit to ask for a raise, but when two other alien hunters arrive to take out the Hulk, he might just have to enlist the…

• markmooney

★★★ Rewatched by markmooney 14 Mar, 2013

Good n cheesy family action movie with Hulk Hogan as a space warrior who goes to earth for a vacation and moves in with Christopher Lloyd and his family, simple undemanding entertainment.

• Theodore Bond

★★★ Added by Theodore Bond

Back in 1991 Hulk Hogan was still pretty much a god to me. He could still MOSTLY do no wrong. So a movie with The Hulkster playing an alien bounty hunter stuck in suburbia with Doc Brown from Back To The Future sounded like just about the best thing ever.

Right from the start we are all treated to the exact same opening that we got from the original Star Wars with a giant Star Destroyer like ship flying on…

• NinjaDomoEsq

★★½ Watched by NinjaDomoEsq 17 Aug, 2014

A lot of the fun that I had watching this film comes from the fact that it stars Hulk Hogan Brother! If you don't care about him, it's going to be pretty difficult to sit through. It's incredibly 90's with jokes that seem to be thrown in without any lead up. The fact that the film stars WWE's The Undertaker, as a different character of course, is the icing on the cake. Seeing Chris Lloyd is also kind of nice, but this is a film that I enjoyed, but is not good.

• Dan Davies

★★½ Watched by Dan Davies 08 Feb, 2014

I haven't seen this film since the 90's. I downloaded it out of curiosity. As a kid, I thought this was terrible, despite being a huge Hulkamaniac. As a 28 year old man watching it though, I'm highly convinced that cocaine played a huge part in the creation and execution of this movie.

If you follow the plot, this movie is bad. However, if you imagine it's a film where Hulk Hogan and The Undertaker are wildly buzzing off their…

• Jon O'Neill

★★½ Watched by Jon O'Neill 22 Jan, 2014

I guess I bought this for a dollar somewhere, because it was sitting in my closet when I needed something on in the background while hanging out with some folks and making cookies. Probably more fun than it might have been if I'd been paying constant attention, but jeez this has some pretty great laughs all along the spectrum (see: Hulk Hogan's producer credit, asking visiting Japanese investors if they'd like another glass of Champagne or maybe Kamikazes, Shep (Hulk's alien name) throwing a skateboard into space in frustration, gosh I could really just go on for ages with this list).