• Fabrizzio Bolívar

★★★★★ Rewatched by Fabrizzio Bolívar 04 Mar, 2015

De todo lo que he visto venir del gran Mamoru Hosoda. Es lo mejor. No sólo tiene acción, o romance. Tiene ese toque Hosoda, tiene ese arte que sólo sabe hacer, y es tan sincera cómo sus anteriores películas.

Nos sumerge en un mundo virtual, dónde cada persona del mundo "real" se caracteriza mediante un avatar, y de allí la historia parte cuando un poderoso virus informatico pone en gran riesgo aquella útopia digital.

Y como era de esperarse, la…

• lefthandedhero

★★★½ Watched by lefthandedhero 08 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Digimon + MMO + Facebook...?

Superb animation, excellent English dub.

Shows the potential danger (albeit dramatized) of having too much information all on the same network. Had a more well-rounded focus on family than most other anime.

Critiques:
    - The inability for the company behind 'Oz' to shut it down when so much mayhem was happening is really puzzling.
    - The AI wanting to take control of satellites and make them crash into nuclear facilities seems pretty far-fetched, I don't…

• orangerful

★★★★½ Watched by orangerful 07 Feb, 2015

Not at all what I was expecting but I really enjoyed it! Beautiful animation, well acted, and a great story that had a lot of layers and trusted the audience to understand it all. Fantastic, so glad I bought it for TIm so it could be part of our blu-ray collection, will definitely want to watch it again.

• Carlos Riquelme

★★★★ Rewatched by Carlos Riquelme 01 Feb, 2015

La animación es espectacular, particularmente todo lo que sucede en Oz, una especie de realidad virtual a la que todos estamos conectados. Brillantes colores y frenéticos movimientos son el tónico de estas escenas, mientras que lo que sucede en el mundo real es mucho más apacible y sentimental. Si bien la mezcla no siempre cuaja del todo, hay escenas en que sí se siente el melodrama familiar.

• Gabe Seidman

★★★½ Watched by Gabe Seidman 18 Jan, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

(note: I watched the dubbed version)

This movie is ridiculous. The final fight/battle scene or whatever was like some kind of combination between the old Digimon movie (same director, so makes sense) and an episode of YuGiOh. Anyways...

The movie is beautiful as you can tell from even the first 5 minutes. I loved the intro sequence with the orchestral arrangement and Kazuma's rabbit dude fighting the lightsaber robot or whatever that thing was. It got me really excited. And…

• eedgars

★★★ Added by eedgars

Nav tā, ka visas Mamoru Hosoda animē būtu ļoti labas. Liekas ka vairāk šim velk uz romatisko animē... Un Digimoniem.
    Arī šeit. Ir romantiskā līnija reālajā pasaulē un visādi digimonveidīgie - virtuālajā pasaulē OZ, kurā visi dzīvo gluži kā mēs feisbukā vai tviterī. Tikai tā OZ baigi advancēta un caur to var kontrolēt reālo pasauli.
    Un tad tur ir ļaunās progas un visāda izmēra hakeri.
    Nedaudz traucē tā mētāšanās starp romantisko un kiberpanku, bet ir interesati. Īpaši, ja lauzi galvu, kas notiks ja beigsies feisbuks :D

• Pallisadenhonko

★★ Added by Pallisadenhonko

Technically nice, but not very exciting

• Barrington

★★★★½ Rewatched by Barrington 06 Jan, 2015

Like the Digimon movie, but with math.

• Jason MD-P

★★★½ Watched by Jason MD-P 28 Dec, 2014

I liked the mix of real-life drama and science fiction. Detailed backgrounds, really pretty setting. Good message about family.

• Dorian Rodríguez

★★★ Watched by Dorian Rodríguez 15 Dec, 2014

Matrix with family values

• Alex Watson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Watson 07 Dec, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I’d have never thought the phrase “Please use my account!” would make me cry, yet here I am, leaking tears.

• Bludgeoner86

★★★★½ Watched by Bludgeoner86 14 Nov, 2014

One glance at the poster/cover of Summer Wars and one might expect... well I don't know honestly. A rabbit wearing a vest, a yellow squirrel and a girl with bunny ears? As it turns out these are avatars in the world's largest online community called Oz. These avatars have real life counterparts of course. Kenji is one such person, a boy in high school who actually moderates the online community part time with his friend Takashi. One day one of…