• CosmicShock

★★★½ Watched by CosmicShock 06 Feb, 2016

not the best story or execution but still worth a watch. A really well animated film that deserves to be seen even if you just chuck it on in the background. a must see if you are a fan of anime.

• Kennis N

★★★½ Watched by Kennis N 17 Apr, 2011

One of the last films I watched during the Wisconsin Film Festival a few weeks ago was this anime, which I am not a huge fan of. Most anime is too crazy for me, but this one had enough heart and emotion to balance out the crazy story of one family’s struggle being played out behind (or is it in front of?) the curtain of the collapse of Japan’s infrastructural network. I’m not going to try to summarize the plot…

• Flo Lieb

★★★★ Rewatched by Flo Lieb 03 Feb, 2016

KOI!

• alexbhades

★★★½ Watched by alexbhades 03 Feb, 2016

Bonita historia, bien contada a través de una familia muy japonesa y con una dirección de arte tan bonita como efectiva.

• Abhilash

★★½ Added by Abhilash

The digital hub that serves as one of the primary settings in this film is visually stunning! I love the designs.

There's an underlying theme of Japanese pride in the film and towards the end, it got a little too nationalistic for my tastes.

It's not one of my favorite animes... I think the way the problem gets resolved is pretty weak and the ending is kind of corny and embarrassing to watch.

• Walt Tarrow

★★★½ Watched by Walt Tarrow 19 Jan, 2016

Family friendly anime meets War Games set in the massive global VR world of OZ. Respect is given to ancestors and traditions, both past and present.

• ghola

Watched by ghola 15 Jan, 2016

with pretty great animation. this film does so little with it. Instead it hovers over family nonstop. and becomes a cliché . What a bore.

• fannyleo

★★★★½ Watched by fannyleo 10 Jan, 2016

I watched this movie three times so far. I still love it very much.
    I cried a lot when I was watching this movie.
    I love the grandma encouraged everybody never give up. She gave everybody power to do their best.
    I love that big family's relationship. The family is very close and strong. They helped each other and happy together.
    I cried so much when the end the computer showed one guy said you can use me. Then many…

• Chris Amis

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Amis 10 Jan, 2016

I hadn't seen this for a few years, but had always considered it to be one of my favourites. This rewatch DESTROYED me. I knew what was going to happen, I knew emotionally what it was going to do to me and when it was going to do it, and I still came apart.

• Justin Nava

★★★ Watched by Justin Nava 05 Jan, 2016

5 stars for animation, -2 stars for about everything else

• Tim Bennett

★★★½ Watched by Tim Bennett 03 Jan, 2016

Does such a good job developing its characters that you almost don't notice how completely ludicrous the final act is.

• obelicks