• Ben Radetski

★★★★ Watched by Ben Radetski 28 Jul, 2015

This is a movie not everyone is going to like, but I really dug it.

• celery_man

★★★★★ Rewatched by celery_man 23 Jul, 2015

so amazing

• Phil

★★★½ Added by Phil

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

As we reached double figures in the early 2000s decade there seemed to be a little influx of off-kilter superhero flicks. In 2009 we saw 'Defendor' and then in 2010 we got both 'Kick-Ass' (by far the biggest and most successful) and this little gem starring Rainn Wilson...apparently named after a weather condition but they added an extra 'N' to make it not look too stupid.

The plot isn't too unfamiliar, in fact its hella predictable really. Frank is a…

• Andrew

★★★ Watched by Andrew 16 Jul, 2015

Demented, funny, brutal, inconsistent, and off-putting.

• Chris M

★★★★ Watched by Chris M 12 Jul, 2015

Heartwearming, awkward, sad, happy, and awesome.

• savagandrew

★★★★ Watched by savagandrew 11 Jul, 2015

Utterly mental, constantly surprising. An excellent black comedy.

• choombaz

★★★★ Rewatched by choombaz 11 Jul, 2015

This film is so wrong on so many levels. I loved it.

• Richard Webber

★★½ Watched by Richard Webber 09 Jul, 2015

It's an awkward beast to get a handle on is Super. I can't decide whether it's using our voyeurism and complicity with movies that revel in careless violence to an instructive intent, or to a more exploitative extent. Is it a Funny Games for the superhero fanboy crowd, or a less accomplished Kick Ass? I'm on the fence, and I'm inclined to like the film for putting me there, but disinclined to give it credit for something it may not…

• tokyo5

★★½ Watched by tokyo5 10 Jul, 2015

A mild-mannered guy becomes a vengeful vigilante "superhero" to "save" his wife from the drug dealer she's left him for.

• Jacob Wade

★★★★★ Added by Jacob Wade

I fucking love James Gunn.

• Jhon James

★★★★½ Watched by Jhon James 06 Jul, 2015

Hacía un buen tiempo que una película no lograba provocarme sentimientos tan diferentes y en un metraje tan corto. En algunos momentos, sentí asco. En otros, me reía a carcajadas. Y en ciertos puntos, me quedé sin aliento y al borde de las lágrimas. Super condensa cine de superhéroes, drama y comedia negra en una historia tan chistosa como retorcida.

Entiendo por qué muchos la han comparado con Kick-Ass (que también me encanta), pero este es un cuento totalmente distinto…

• Andrew Nguyen

★★★ Watched by Andrew Nguyen 01 Jul, 2015

James Gunn's early work is kind of really weird. Also sorry Rainn Wilson, I've spent too way much time rewatching seasons 2 & 3 of The Office to see you in any role that isn't Dwight Schrute.