• AuthenticAustin

★★★ Watched by AuthenticAustin 02 Oct, 2015

When a man's wife is kidnapped and drugged. An average Joe turns to god and starts fighting crime, in hopes of getting his wife back.

This movie looks and sounds a whole lot like "Kick Ass". So obviously I was expecting a little more from it. I don't know why but I enjoyed the first thirty minutes of this movie. Thought the next thirty minutes were really boring. And the last thirty minutes were really entertaining. This wouldn't be a…

• Matthew Abbott

★★★★ Watched by Matthew Abbott 09 Aug, 2014

Weird and wacky in typical James Gunn style. It has something to say about superheroes, some good twists on the genre, has a fun cast, and is deliciously dark and violent too. Really enjoyed it. Shut up, crime!

• Dylan

★★★★½ Watched by Dylan 26 Sep, 2015

"You tell everyone you know--that anytime some stupid fucking bastard wants to commit some gay-ass crime that Crimson Bolt and Boltie are gonna be there to crush their little fucking evil heads in!" - Ellen Page as Libby in this film.

James Gunn made this amazing for under $2 million. No fucking wonder he got to make Guardians. Super is a work of genius. Except for that one scene. You know, THAT scene. It's unnecessary and destroys potential accessibility. But, regardless:

Shut up, crime!

• Michael Mendez

★★★ Watched by Michael Mendez 20 Sep, 2015

Okay! That was sort of unexpected; definitely in the best of ways. In James Gunn's Super, I am taken through an adventure with brutal twists-and-turns with a superhero who does not even have any powers or unique abilities at all. His name is The Crimson Bolt and with him, as always, his sidekick Boltie..

We begin with our protagonist, Frank (Rainn Wilson), who is just left by his fragile, ex-drug addicted wife, Sarah (Liv Tyler), who moronically falls for a…

• Matilde

★★★½ Watched by Matilde 24 Aug, 2015

The end in one of the most bittersweet things I've ever seen.

• Bob Hovey

★★★ Watched by Bob Hovey 17 Sep, 2015

Tough call ... this oddly schizophrenic film blends hilarious music and dark comedy with an apparently sincere exploration of loss, justice and self-worth.

Rain Wilson and Ellen Page are the essential ingredients here... the narrative shifts on a dime from slapstck to serious to serious masquerading as comic, to tragic ... and these two follow this delicate thread perfectly. Unfortunately, the film does have its problems... the violence is not always handled well, hinting at some indecision as to exactly…

• Tom Prankerd

★★★ Watched by Tom Prankerd 17 Sep, 2015

Hilariously immoral; it takes talent to take a story that's basically about a nerd acting out psychotic revenge fantasies and still make the protagonist halfway likeable. It helps that he's trying to save his uninterested wife from a drug dealer (played by the guy off the EE adverts) but at the same time you get a feeling that he'd be justifying the same basic actions if his rival wasn't a criminal thanks to the film's weird moral compass (which includes…

• nico

★★½ Added by nico

It's a shame Dwight didn't stick with his Perfect Crime plan.

• Ben

★½ Watched by Ben 12 Sep, 2015

ellen page... why?

• Joseph Henderson

★★★★★ Watched by Joseph Henderson 10 Sep, 2015

Totally bonkers.

• Zach B

★★★ Watched by Zach B 11 Sep, 2015

It was kind of a male nerd fantasy. I didn’t think it was good, but I did like it. Rainn Wilson was fantastic, and I really wish he got more roles. It made laugh at times, it made me cringe at times, but overall it wasn’t bad. I loved the ending.

• Ritinha

★★★½ Watched by Ritinha 03 Sep, 2015

Curiosidade: este filme tem no cast a Linda Cardellini (versão mais feia e mais velha da Ellen Page) e a Ellen Page (cujo look usa lembrar a Linda Cardellini do tempo de Freaks & Geeks).

Quanto ao filme: que guilty pleasure dos diabos!

(o excesso de legítima defesa é uma coisa com muito potencial humorístico)