• Josh Needle

Added by Josh Needle

Not a Fan

• archKtype

★★★★ Added by archKtype

Soooo much better than Kick-ass.

• William Penix

★★½ Watched by William Penix 05 Jan, 2016

"Suffering from jarring tonal shifts and an unfocused narrative, Super never becomes the biting satire it wants to be."

thevulturesautopsies.wordpress.com/2016/01/31/new-feature-the-cutting-smorgasboard-january-2016-edition/

• Erik Stolpmann

★★★½ Rewatched by Erik Stolpmann 27 Jan, 2016

Second time through, Super is just as fun--and awkward--as the first, although it didn't strike me as brilliantly as it did several years ago.

• Joseph Henderson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joseph Henderson 20 Jan, 2016

Mental.

• Trevor Dailey

Added by Trevor Dailey

This movie tries to be a hipster "Kick Ass" and falls pretty flat. The Ellen Page "love scene" is severely creepy. Rain Wilson deserves better.

• Ben De Bono

★½ Watched by Ben De Bono 24 Jan, 2016 2

Rain Wilson is great but this movie is a disaster

• Ty Hanson

★★★★ Rewatched by Ty Hanson 21 Jan, 2016

Upon the re-watch...

This is SO much better than 'Kick-Ass', how the Hell did I ever compare the two?

• Alex Ho

★★ Added by Alex Ho

A rather dry comedy directed by James Gunn that is ultimately an ‘alternate’ superhero movie starring a simple fry cook who is touched by the finger of God, he then resorts to the life of a vigilante fighting petty crimes with his trusty, mildly-psychotic sidekick Boltie, who are both ultimately on a quest to save his girlfriend… huh, now that I say it out loud.

Super is as I said before… alternate. It’s a meta movie, self-referential to the superhero…

• Elias deBelka

★★★★ Watched by Elias deBelka 21 Jan, 2016

I liked mostly everything in this very much. But in parts the compilation of humour and drama didn't fully work for me. And what I liked, I did like very much, but not to an extent where I was at any time really amazed by it.

• Cam

★★★★½ Added by Cam

One of the most deeply personal fictional films I think I've ever seen. I can't recall another movie so willingly self-indictive, hopeful, and yet shockingly abhorrent at the same time. A movie where the "male fantasy" is so consistently beat down and disfigured has never felt so difficult to watch.

It's a film that employs the most despicable masculine desires and then paints the surreal, brutal consequences of those realities. It's a movie where the hyper-sexual manic pixie dream girl…

• Scott Lentz

★★★ Watched by Scott Lentz 13 Dec, 2015

While the credits rolled, I was unsure what my final thoughts were. Neither positive or negative, I landed somewhere in the middle. Super was written and directed by James Gunn, who's been launched into the spotlight recently for Guardians of the Galaxy. Gunn began his career with low budget movies making frequent use of gory violence, sex, and frequent profanity, and his directorial touch is rather noticeable with violence and profanity abounding and the generally dark tone of the film.…