• mickdb2

★★★½ Watched by mickdb2 24 Mar, 2015

You know, I thought I would hate it...I did not. It's hard to argue that everything here works, but it's so committed to not working that it lends itself to a kind of insane charm.

As an example, the tone is all over the place. Like, bonkers swapping all over the spectrum from exploitation level violence to indie style humor to comic book moralizing. It never does it on accident, though, and the juxtapositions it provokes are interesting to say…

• Zach Skov

★★½ Watched by Zach Skov 22 Mar, 2015

I heard some great things about this, but overall I wasn't really impressed with this. Parts of it seemed to be trying to hard. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood.

• Cactus Matt

★★★★★ Added by Cactus Matt

Twisted, dark and powerful. This unconventional and violent superhero story is blindingly brilliant and well crafted perfection.

• freecialis

★★½ Watched by freecialis 19 Mar, 2015

Does a better job with the politics and psychology of amateur superheroes than Kick-Ass did, but it's still a tonal mess by the end, and the stabs at funny conversational dialogue are almost all duds.

• Brendan Gordon

★★★★ Rewatched by Brendan Gordon 14 Mar, 2015

Even super'er'er than ever before.

• Julio Chuman

★★ Watched by Julio Chuman 13 Mar, 2015

Há diversas semelhanças entre Super e os dois filmes da série Kick-Ass: do primeiro, a graça de ter um excluído tentando tornar-se um super-herói em um mundo "real", tomando surras no processo, e uma heroína pequenininha que rouba a cena; do segundo, uma violência over que, apesar de ser mais coerente que no filme dirigido por Jeff Wadlow, choca sem divertir.
    Além disso, em meio a mensagem "bonitinha" (confie em seu coração, blá blá blá), há um elemento um tanto…

• Cole Stacey

★★★½ Added by Cole Stacey

It's a goddamn motherfucking masterpiece.

• Alex Lovendahl

★★★ Watched by Alex Lovendahl 12 Mar, 2015

Ellen Page's sequence in this film threatens to make Super truly great, but some bizarre decisions about sexuality in the film's closure (preceded by two a-little-too-dismissed jokes) pulled back down a film I was beginning to quite like. That's not all that I have to complain about, but it was a big point of contention.

Nevertheless, it gave me the faith I needed to trust that I might actually like Guardians of the Galaxy; the problems I have with Super…

• Adam Bolden

★★★★½ Watched by Adam Bolden 22 May, 2012

After his wife (Liv Tyler) leaves him, Frank D'Arbo (Rainn Wilson) decides to become the Crimson Bolt and fight crime until he can get her back. He is joined by Libby (Ellen Page), a comic book store clerk who has always wanted to be a superhero herself. Together they set out to stop the villainous drug dealer Jacques (Kevin Bacon) and his evil ways.

I love seeing a superhero movie that's both fully original and extremely deep. In fact, this…

• Donna Bourgois

★½ Watched by Donna Bourgois 03 Mar, 2015

• The Complete Stranger Cometh

★★★★★ Added by The Complete Stranger Cometh

This Movie ruin my 4th cousins life . she left to go find Rainn Wilson but before she could go she tripped and caught aids from the sidewalk. it took her 3 years later. I hated her, so

• Jackson Tyler