• Merriweather

★★★★ Added by Merriweather

Good.

• Lenny Rosbach

★★ Added by Lenny Rosbach

Dwight Schrute en Juno gaan Aerosmith's dochter redden uit de handen van Merle Dixon en Baconman, in een idiotere en meer gory versie van Kick Ass. Wie fan is van The Office, kan deze film beschouwen als een slechte (en bizarre) aflevering, waarin Dwight weer op één van zijn krankzinnige escapades gaat om de misdaad te bestrijden.

• Alexandru Crețu

★★★★ Added by Alexandru Crețu

I still love Ellen Page

• Damen

★★★½ Watched by Damen 21 Aug, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Such a strange, and dear I say..."fuck off." Super is a fun dark comedy that even took me off guard. From that, to that the whole film was a great ride. That rape scene was weird.

• EvanTurissini

★★★½ Rewatched by EvanTurissini 19 Aug, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I was having a conversation with one of my good buddies and notorious film buff (and currently the only guy to follow me on Letterboxd) about one of my favorite writer/directors, Bobcat Goldthwait. I brought up the concept of Goldthwait's "God Bless America" to him, and he responded to me, "Isn't that a film that's already been done in Super?"

I took pause at that. The similarities between the two films are undeniable: a normal, schlubby guy named Frank decides…

• Filbrick Pines

★★★★½ Rewatched by Filbrick Pines 19 Aug, 2015 4

SHUT UP, LETTERBOXD.

• CartoonSA

★★★ Watched by CartoonSA 12 Aug, 2014

Wanted to give it more stars as it has some truly great face acting (a personal weakness) but it wasn't completely coherent.

• fantod

★★★★ Added by fantod

Wild and crazy. It's so bizarre that you are either going to love it or hate it. I loved it. I found the social criticism to be intelligent and the willingness to throw everything against the wall to see what sticks to be very effective. I laughed, I cried. See it.

• Erez_S

★★★½ Watched by Erez_S 14 Aug, 2015

Okay, that one was really fucked up. I knew what I was going into, and still Super was able to surprise me. Mostly in a good way.

Some really great moments here, but probably as much as weird and what-the-hell-was-that-suppose-to-be ones.
    I really like its uniqueness. Its attitude towards characters building is something I don't experience often. The two leads are as horrible human beings as they're fascinating and heart-warming. Two outsiders that are like that for all the appropriate reasons. Allen Paige's character is the creepiest and yet so hilarious and sweet. Great performance.

• James Gorton

★★★½ Rewatched by James Gorton 13 Aug, 2015

Bacon and eggs.

Today was the first time I had watched Super for a few years; the last time I watched it I was with friends who found it far too dark and violent to enjoy. It’s easy to see where they were coming from, as the violence is rather jarring, but whilst my friends labelled Super as a failed black comedy, I think James Gunn’s intention was to deliver something more than that. Super is an often unsettling watch…

• Alec Falcone

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alec Falcone 12 Aug, 2015

All you need to be a superhero is the will to fight crime and "the tiniest tip of the tiniest tip of the finger of God". Perfectly gross and darkly funny, Super is one of the most original superhero movies out there.

• Tessa Racked

★★½ Watched by Tessa Racked 09 Aug, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Superheros are used as a vehicle to express such a diverse range of ideas, it was disappointing that Super didn't rise to that challenge. There were areas where Super had potential to be something interesting-- I liked the hand-drawn visual effects and the Christian superhero show, plus Ellen Page bounces off the walls delightfully-- but it doesn't actually explore the troubling aspects of a vigilante adopting the mantle of a superhero the way the tone suggests it could. What if…