• Anthony Albarran

★★★ Added by Anthony Albarran

An uneven film that is similar to Kick-Ass with a bit of Troma perverseness thrown in.

• annamckenzie

★★★ Watched by annamckenzie 31 Jan, 2015

'Inbetween the panels, is that where we are right now? We could do anything here...'

Frank, whose wife recently left him, finds no purpose in his life anymore so decides to become a superhero, eventually joining forces with a sidekick, Libby, played by Ellen Page, who performance honestly makes this movie worth watching. It was funny in places and reminded me a lot of Kick-Ass, which in my opinion is better, but this was still good. Although some scenes were…

• Rennie

★★★★½ Watched by Rennie 31 Jan, 2015

I've only seen 14 films this month, but this by far is the best film ive seen this year.

• Motke Dapp

★★½ Watched by Motke Dapp 31 Jan, 2015

Dear James,

I liked Guardians of the Galaxy 1000 times more than this film. That may just be over-exaggeration for effect, but since these words are coming from my brain, I have a strong premonition that it's not.

It's not you, it's me. Not in all ways, but in some ways. I mean, other people like this movie, so, it's probably me. Seriously.

It's odd to think this is the same year Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and Kick Ass…

• Vitor F.S

★★★ Watched by Vitor F.S 30 Jan, 2015

Yeah... watchable?

• OldLee

★★★½ Watched by OldLee 24 Jan, 2015

A weird one, maybe hard to categorize because an unusual trashy approach for Hollywood. Braver in it's violence and it's character design than Guardians of the Galaxy or Scott Pilgrim. Interesting rape-scene, interesting endings (most of the time meaning: death) of almost all the story-lines.

• Max Häßlein

★★★★ Rewatched by Max Häßlein 26 Jan, 2015

Ellen Page!!

• Jack Lunn

★★★★ Watched by Jack Lunn 25 Jan, 2015

An everyman superhero, motivated to stop the fundamental issues of society from cue butters to child molesters. Plus "Shut up crime!" is arguably the greatest catchphrase taken from any superhero film. That is all.

• Oliver Paa

★★★½ Watched by Oliver Paa 23 Jan, 2015

This movie has an identity crisis. Its plot is all over the place. Still it has some very funny scenes in it that had me laughing pretty hard.
    All in all it's a highly entertaining flick that delivers some good fun.

Hmm...I already have an urge to watch this again.

• R. A.

★★★ Watched by R. A. 22 Jan, 2015

Barking mad comedy with a few very funny sequences.
    This film definitivly breaks some taboos, some in a smart others in a crude way. The conclusion is disappointing.

• Felipe Nicéas

★★★★★ Added by Felipe Nicéas

Uma grata surpresa ver esse maravilhoso filme que apesar de ter um pouco de Kick-Ass, é mais hard core, a personagem da Ellen Page é uma das melhores coisas do filme, isso sem falar no ótimo trabalho de Rainn Wilson encarnando Crimson Bolt. o que achei mais positivo no filme foi a forma como é mostrada as consequências de se procurar resolver o que tem de errado no dia a dia com as próprias mãos.

• JacquesLEB

★★★½ Watched by JacquesLEB 15 Jan, 2015

Much better than I expected, very dark and unsettling at times dark comedy, Rainn Wilson gives a deadpan performance as a cynical fry cook going through a midlife crises. Ellen Page is also very good in the movie, it surprisingly has an emotional core which I did not expect, i thought this movie was stronger than the similarly released Kick-Ass.