• TwelveDutch

★★★ Watched by TwelveDutch 17 Nov, 2015

Not bad; didn't love it, but it wasn't bad. And Kevy Bacon is the man, even though he was just thrown in out of necessity.

• James Malley

★★★★ Rewatched by James Malley 24 Nov, 2015

More consistent in sticking to its goals than the similarly premised Kick-Ass, Super is a fascinating yet brutal black comedy that is uncomfortable to watch at points, but still manages to stick the landing with an unexpectedly heartwarming ending.

• JMP

★★★ Watched by JMP 22 Nov, 2015

I really wanted this film to be better than it was.

It goes against so many cliches and there's nothing I enjoy more in a movie than that. It kept my attention for the entire run time and sprinkled enough humour to warrant the quirky over the top vibe. I enjoyed Guardians Of The Galaxy way more than I was expecting and Rainn Wilson plays eccentric characters effortlessly, so going in I had moderately high expectations despite mainly hearing negatives.…

• Mumbles

★★★★★ Rewatched by Mumbles 19 Nov, 2015 2

This film makes me happy.

• Sean Klaus

★★★★½ Added by Sean Klaus

If Edgar Wright made Kick-Ass. A hysterical, fast-paced SUPERhero film with elements of comedic brilliance, a great screenplay, and some fantastic performances, especially from Ellen Page. And there's also a grown man in red latex smashing people's heads in with pipe wrench who kills Kevin Bacon and through the process becomes best friends with a comic book cashier who inadvertantly sexually assaults him while she's sleepwalking. 9/10.

• ButterBridgeRec

★★★ Watched by ButterBridgeRec 15 Nov, 2015

It doesn't know what it is, it doesn't mind, I don't know, I don't mind, I won't watch it again, I'm glad I did.

• George Williamson

★★★ Watched by George Williamson 15 Nov, 2015

Deeply, deeply strange mash of silly comedy and grisly violence. Quite enjoyably weird.

• stun23

½ Added by stun23

got really bored of this.

• Blacktus Jack

★★★½ Watched by Blacktus Jack 12 Nov, 2015

I liked Super, but I was expecting more.

The dialogue was charming and witty, the plot was a nice twist on a pretty overused story, and the action was absolutely wonderful. The excesses that the gore and violent murder this movie went to rivals Braveheart in the "OH SHIT" factor, it just could've used more impalement. Rainn Wilson and Ellen Page are fantastic in their roles, Page especially took her part to perfection. All in all, it was very enjoyable.…

• Froot

★★★½ Watched by Froot 02 Sep, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

So this doesn't really get great until he puts on the costume, at which point the comedy takes over and supplies some fantastic "vigilantes in real life are dorks" scenes, which gets even better when Ellen Page joins the fray and gives probably the best performance I've seen from her. I dunno why Jay Ziskrout thought she didn't fit the rest of the movie for being pretty, because she played the giddy womanchild role to perfection, and her potty mouth…

• Fajrianur Afnan

★★★★ Rewatched by Fajrianur Afnan 09 Nov, 2015

Ellen Page is Your Everyday Robin-The Reveal-The Movie. Love her or hate her all you want, she will always give you the crave to make her your own sidekick. Once again she served me all the laughs I needed, dammit.

Oh and James Gunn directed this, wow now I know the root of how he could make any quirky characters work

• xavi

½ Watched by xavi 07 Nov, 2015 13

Ellen Page raped Rainn Wilson.