• mekanoide

★★½ Watched by mekanoide 20 Dec, 2014

Intento fortísimo de rodar una peli juvenil de los 80 que lo consigue en casi todo —es alucinante cómo parece no sólo ambientada en los 80, sino también rodada en esa época— salvo en que los diferentes ingredientes de la historia están mezclados con no demasiada gracia y no casan bien.

Aparte, ya el mero intento de rodar una peli juvenil de los 80 en 2011, conceptualmente me parece cuestionable.

Muera la nostalgia, joder ya.

• JamesLebowski

★★★ Watched by JamesLebowski 15 Dec, 2014 2

With its somewhat not all that organically connected plots and characters that almost solely work because of their actors’ charisma, Super 8 felt more like an exercise in technical craftsmanship, emulating a specific time period and creating some stunning set piece moments, instead of being an involving and cohesive movie experience.

That said it really looks superb, Abrams made sure it never gets boring with a quick-moving plot and the young cast does a splendid job. But besides the spectacle…

• joelhwa

★★★★ Watched by joelhwa 10 Mar, 2012

7/10: Homage to the Spielberg's films of the 80's. Abrams has recreated the look and feel of vintage Spielberg expertly, down to the last detail. For a Spielberg fan, it's an absolute joy to behold. The movie-in-movie is a nice touch too.

• John Mathews

★★★★½ Watched by John Mathews 07 Dec, 2014

SUPER 8 is super great.

• wabbit

★★★★ Watched by wabbit 06 Dec, 2014

Spielberg produces E.T. for the 2010's.

• Joe Dreshar

★★★½ Rewatched by Joe Dreshar 06 Dec, 2014

Great little homage to Spielberg. Just as good as I remember it being in the theater.

• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★½ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

First dictated 2011

My review -- this film is of a multipurpose genre [sci-fi/mystery/thriller] I cannot go into too much detail of this film because of the mystery factor, but however I will take a brief overlook of this film, The beginning is very quick, [the viewer] will get told so much information in the first couple of minutes, so my advice to [my readers] is pay attention, I would have appreciated a flashback here, may be in black-and-white, because…

• Thom D.J.

★★★★ Rewatched by Thom D.J. 04 Dec, 2014

The slightly unknown version of "The Goonies" where they end up in "Cloverfield" and encounter "E.T."

It's fun!

• Sean Summ

★★★½ Watched by Sean Summ 01 Dec, 2014

A nice throw back to old school coming-of-age films (which I haven't seen many of) mixed with a Close Encounters-esque sci-fi premise. I was under the impression this was a 'super 8' found footage film. Thank goodness I was wrong.

This is one of the few times that I was more interested in the human drama than the monster. I thought Super 8 did a great job of establishing characters, who managed to not only be tolerable child actors, but…

• alf025237

★★★ Added by alf025237

filme fraco, esperava mais dele, mas cumpre a que foi proposto.

• The O Dog

★★★★½ Rewatched by The O Dog 26 Nov, 2014

Super 8 wasn't loved by many, but I was absolutely enamored with it. It's really an homage to the 80s Steven Spielberg science fiction movie, and the way it balances modern thrills with old-school nostalgia is beyond brilliant. It focuses (pun not intended) on a group of kids in a town called Lilian working on a zombie movie (filmed on a Super 8). The protagonist is a boy named Joel Lamb, who is recovering from the death of his mother…

• MovieMan23

★★★½ Added by MovieMan23

Very entertaining movie that feels refreshing.