• fiffy

Added by fiffy

This is like a Spielberg movie. It's well-made in all respects. It's quite heartwarming but feels manipulative at the same time.
    I still liked it though.

• LLFIN

Watched by LLFIN 09 Jul, 2014

Not quite sure why this was made, except for the money it propably harvested. Reminds me of ET, just evil and agressive and dangerous and lots of killing happening. Also not sure why I watched it... The kids were kind of cute in being kids.

• Jonathan Brito

★★★★ Rewatched by Jonathan Brito 21 May, 2016

Super 8 is a heartfelt and undeniably soulful film that tackles the pains of youth, loss, and parenthood all against a riveting sci-fi backdrop. While director JJ Abrams is certainly playing on the tropes of many early Spielberg films, such as broken families, suburban settings, and a focus on creating sequences of awe-inspiring wonder through a sentimental lens, everything feels very much genuine in its translation from one director to the next. While the influences are there, Abrams has successfully…

• Celine Davies

★★★ Watched by Celine Davies 21 May, 2016

Just some kids in a typical fun plot ya get me

• Oliver Swift

★★★½ Watched by Oliver Swift 21 May, 2016

'Scavenger Hunt 14 (May 2016)'
    20. A film starring one or more members of the regular Simpsons voice cast (not The Simpsons Movie)

SO. MUCH. FUCKING. LENS. FLARE

• Matthew Vallée

★★★★ Rewatched by Matthew Vallée 23 Apr, 2016

This film captures the tone of classic coming of age adventure films perfectly. The group of kids all seemed very natural and they were an enjoyable gang to watch. Despite being a more recent movie, it has a nostalgia to it just purely because of how authentic the portrayal of childhood was. There was some big action in the film that made it exciting and I really liked the sci-fi mystery, especially told from the perspective of the kids. The…

• Carl Casper

★★★★½ Rewatched by Carl Casper 09 May, 2016 2

Super 8 is one of my favorite movies of all time. The whole plot line, how it was filmed, and even the characters were great. I loved the part where they saw the monster crawl from the train from the camera. The movie they made at the end was unique, and a good touch. My parents make videos too. They have a camera setup in their room, but they never let me watch the movies. JJ Abrams is a great director too

• Holger Haase

★★★★ Watched by Holger Haase 16 May, 2016

I liked it. I enjoyed it. And yes, the film will get 4 Stars from me. But as enjoyable as it was, this very Spielbergian flick sure had its faults that are symptomatic for someone like JJ Abrams.

No doubt that the train crash scene endeared him to all those studios that require CGI heavy action scenes but, man, was this was one visually impressive but overall downright stupid scene. There is no way in hell a train derails so…

• Nessa

★★★½ Watched by Nessa 17 May, 2016

I hate myself for saying this, but I love basically everything about JJ Abrams scifi films.  This movie is classic scifi.

• Paul Griffin