• breannawiskari

★★½ Added by breannawiskari

Such a cool start to the movie i was so excited but then it was aliens and i was less excited

• MatthewLB

★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 02 Aug, 2014

The story is about a group of six children filming a home movie with a Super 8 camera witness a horrific train crash on a remote railway crossing. Yet the crash is only the beginning of the ordeal, as the train bound from Area 51 carries an inhuman cargo that has now been set free. This movie has great CGI and really good kid actors.

• LuizEpifanio

★★½ Added by LuizEpifanio

É bom até o mistério acabar...

• Maverick1701A

★★★★ Rewatched by Maverick1701A 24 Jul, 2014

Super 8 is a love letter to the classic Speilberg coming of age films from the 80's like ET and The Goonies. JJ Abrams as always is in top form while in the director's chair. The film is set in the 80's and JJ does a great job of immersing the viewer in that world. If you didn't know any better you would be fooled into thinking it was actually filmed in that era. A group of teens witnesses a…

• Dean Carlyle

★★★★½ Rewatched by Dean Carlyle 21 Jul, 2014

I treated myself to the Blu-ray of this film as I found a really good offer on it and it was one of my favourite films of 2011 and is a great homage to some of my favourite films of my youth. The acting by the young leads is some of the best there has been by child actors, the story is fantastical and touching and the effects excellent. I watched it with my partner Diane who had never seen it before and I cant think of a better way to while away a warm summer evening before bed.

• Chris Vallée

★★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Vallée 19 Jul, 2014

Production Value!

• Samj11

★★★★ Added by Samj11

A science fiction film with a tremendous amount of charm and heart. The cast, young and old, do a stand-up job and the action and special effects are fantastic. I really found myself absorbed into the story as well, which I was happy about as I've wanted to watch this film for years.

J. J. Abrams did a great job at crafting this film. It's a modern classic.

• Patrick Campbell

★★★★★ Rewatched by Patrick Campbell 16 Jul, 2014

"I'm just doing the best I can to save you."

There's a much longer, older review on here somewhere when I first really started reviewing films about how much I adore this film. This is how family films used to be made of. This is The Goonies meets E.T.: The Extraterrestrial. J.J. has created a really amazing love letter to the Spielberg films of the 1980s and 1990s. The cast is wonderful, and the kids just gel so well together.…

• Stef

★★½ Watched by Stef 16 Mar, 2014

To be honest I lost interest about halfway through. I blame this on my dislike for Kyle Chandler and the rest of the cast, with the exception of Elle Fanning and Noah Emmerich, who were great. This is a non-review, because just as I couldn't bother paying attention at the time and chose to instead look the plot up on Wikipedia, I really don't care enough now, either, to spend five minutes writing a proper review.

• Lewiss

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lewiss 12 Jul, 2014

A beautiful love letter to the craft of film-making, and in my opinion the closest a director who is not Steven Spielberg has come to making a Steven Spielberg movie. A monster movie that isn't about the monster is such a good way to tell a story about telling stories, and Abrams tells it wonderfully.

• Ian Buckwalter

★★★ Watched by Ian Buckwalter 07 Jun, 2011

Read my DCist review.

• Knox Gray

★★★★ Added by Knox Gray

Hearkens back to 80's film sci-fi too perfection.