• Renato_Lopes

A movie

about a movie

• Josh McScily

★★★★ Rewatched by Josh McScily 06 Feb, 2016

I still like this movie, feels more scripted every time I watch it but that's what you get with kid actors

• Kennis N

★★★★ Watched by Kennis N 12 Jun, 2011

Initial Reaction: LOVED IT! Super 8 brought me back to my youth when I watched films like ET and Jurassic Park for the first time and having felt a sense of awe and wonder. I’ll be reading plenty of reviews soon enough detailing all of the shout-outs to Spielberg’s and other’s films of the era but the film doesn’t do it in a way that is distracting from the plot. It has a steady pace that keeps you moving and…

• stephanie wasling

★★★½ Added by stephanie wasling

This felt like a stephen Spielberg film, and obviously that's a good thing

• Josh Needle

Added by Josh Needle

Love It!

• Marlo Muñoz

★★★ Rewatched by Marlo Muñoz 28 Jan, 2016

Revisionada luego de varios años mi opinión de ella se mantiene = entretenida, con buenos personajes y buen aroma nostálgico ochentero pero se obsesiona tanto en su afan de homenaje y de acudir a sus referencias cinematográficas a cada rato que pierde mucho en personalidad. Creo que la admiración del director (J. J. Abrams) hacia el productor de la película (Steven Spielberg) le juega algunas malas pasadas en un producto que sin embargo es bastante potable como cine de terror-ficcion juvenil-infantil.

• Michael King

★★★★ Watched by Michael King 01 Feb, 2016

What an amazing period piece sci-fi thriller. It was the mix of an E.T. like film with a horror film and done amazingly.

• Anna Smith

★★★ Added by Anna Smith

Cameras and kids and aliens, oh my!

• carsenegame

★★★½ Watched by carsenegame 31 Jan, 2016

Decent action, good plot, good effects, sometimes over acted

• elpaulli

★★★★ Rewatched by elpaulli 31 Jan, 2016

Even though the lens flares a absolutely out of control, still a great movie. Saw it in the theater when it came out, but haven't seen it since, and still a great homage to ET and classic Speilberg.

• Magenta