• Capra_cinefila

★½ Added by Capra_cinefila

La poetica degli anni 80 mi è sempre piaciuta, anche per ovvi motivi, ma in questo film non ne vedo, sinceramente. L'ironia ha preso il treno (quello del film) e la spensieratezza favolistica e di formazione tipica di quegli anni è fagocitata da pressanti e mostruose istanze moderne.
    Paraculata per cavalcare l'onda degli incassi.

• Dominic Miller

★★★½ Watched by Dominic Miller 26 Apr, 2016

E.T. phone home.

(Again).

• Robert

★★★★½ Rewatched by Robert 26 Apr, 2016

This film is E.T. on steroids. Faultless, yet simple storytelling, with some surprising performances from a very young cast. Every character had their flaws, but then, every character came out of the film having learned something about themselves, or those that are important to them.

It's nice to watch nice films about nice people coming back together once in a while, and this is one of the better ones.

• Cláudio Pais

★★★½ Watched by Cláudio Pais 24 Apr, 2016

This film was actually a surprise for me. I thought it would be just a cliché, like another alien film or kind of a remake of the ET film, but right from the start I´ve realized it was much more than that.
    By the way, we don’t see the creature (alien) that much, which I think it was good, because it provided a much more suspense environment.
    The story of the alien is very basic yes and the connection that…

• Dirk Senger

★★★½ Watched by Dirk Senger 21 Sep, 2015

Eine einzige Hommage an den Spielberg der 80er.

• ash

★★★½ Watched by ash 24 Apr, 2016

shout-out to that one kid playing with a creature from the black lagoon action figure when charles was on the phone with joe

• Ali

★★★★★ Watched by Ali 06 Apr, 2016

scary as shit

• Jordi Ararà

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jordi Ararà 21 Apr, 2016

Mirada com una Explorers 2.0 encara guanya més. Super 8 és la certificació que la nostàlgia pot ser un exercici cinematogràfic més que digne -i encara vigent-, per a les noves generacions. Per molt que evolucioni el concepte de família, en essència, és sempre el mateix. Màgica.

• Lianne Motshagen

★★★★ Watched by Lianne Motshagen 20 Apr, 2016

Super 8 = Great!

• Jakob Holiday

★★★★ Rewatched by Jakob Holiday 20 Apr, 2016

man, i wish i were as enthusiastic about movies when i was younger. and young in the late 70's. and had elle fanning as my pal. and went monster hunting with fire crackers... i wish i was JJ!

• sara

★★★★ Watched by sara 17 Apr, 2016

"I know bad things happen.

Bad things happen...

But you can still live."

• Keegan

★★★★ Rewatched by Keegan 17 Apr, 2016 4

"I know bad things happen. Bad things happen. But you can still live. You can still live."

Often overlooked in the filmography of J.J. Abrams, Super 8 is a throwback to the Spielberg films of the 80's. All engines are go with Abrams bringing his best efforts alongside a great cast, great production design, intriguing story and lovely score. It might slump now and then, but Super 8 is a genuinely great time, and a genuinely great movie.

That part with the locket at the end is the icing on the cake, too.