• cineedo
  • Rosie Perera

★★½ Watched by Rosie Perera 12 Apr, 2014

SPOILER ALERT! Others have raved about it, but I found the story kind of dumb. Alien creatures, zombies, military conspiracies, and mass hysteria don't do it for me. Unrealistic train crash scene was over the top. It wasn't enough about the kids making a movie, which was what drew me into the story to begin with.

• Greg Newman

★★★ Watched by Greg Newman 13 Apr, 2014

He's no Speilberg

• Dnl Crnll

★★★ Added by Dnl Crnll

This is a competent but pointless reboot of ET.

• Lukas

★★★★ Rewatched by Lukas 07 Apr, 2014

"Production value!!"

Aside from a pretty messy finale I thought Super 8 was MINT!! Totally not bogus! A super fun "group adventure" with some awesomely intense science fiction encasing it all.

• sbaldwin16

★★★★ Watched by sbaldwin16 16 Feb, 2014

The Spielberg comparisons are quite apt but for all that this is still a pretty good film on it's own. The kids are great, although there might be one or two too many, I'm not sure what all their names are by the end of the film. The monster is sufficiently scary, at least until it is seen clearly. The scifi thing with the spaceship and the communication by touching is a bit weird and not fully explained how it…

• Sathish Rahmaniac

★★★½ Watched by Sathish Rahmaniac 06 Apr, 2014

A very entertaining film

• Aracno

★½ Watched by Aracno 05 Apr, 2014

I just i didn't liked this film.

• sedna

★★★ Rewatched by sedna 02 Apr, 2014

Good recreation of a Spielberg aesthetic

• Keith LaFountaine

★★★ Added by Keith LaFountaine

It's a bit preachy in its third act, but there is still plenty to love in this film which is more about the love of cinema than it is about the alien which inhabits the frame.

• Sangman

★★★★½ Rewatched by Sangman 30 Mar, 2014

Shit this is one of the best movies ever.

• Liam Underwood

★★★½ Watched by Liam Underwood 23 Mar, 2014

I really enjoyed the coming-of-age aspect to Super 8 and thought that the kids were all surprisingly great. The sci-fi stuff, on the other hand, I found to be just okay. J.J. Abrams loves his lens flares to the point of distraction.