• BennyWestside

★★★★½ Added by BennyWestside

This movie is so damn mint!

This is J.J. Abrams ode to Steven Spielberg's summer movie blockbusters. It's like Jaws meets E.T. In a good way.

This movie made me acquainted with the very talented Kyle Chandler and that ensemble of boys is fantastic.

• Billy Strickland

★★★★½ Added by Billy Strickland

Having recently re-watched this film, I can honestly say I love it. It's as simple as that. It embodies the magic of classic Amblin/Spielberg films that came before it and I think that is the reason it has resonated with me so much. Having grown up watching Amblin films (Jurassic Park, The Goonies, and Men in Black to name a few) to see a film released in 2011 that recaptures the feeling of those films, especially The Goonies and ET, is something really special.

• Xsz

★★★ Watched by Xsz 29 Aug, 2015

The kids in this movie were really talented.

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Recently I have experienced some very moderate and cool science-fiction films, that too with marvelous plot to follow and more than entertainment and intriguing-thrill. This film has got all perspectives, performance, plot, special-effects, and I must appreciate sound-mixing work on the film. From the beginning of the film story took marvelous turn and it had been keeping me on the edge of it all throughout the filming. It doesn't leave any of its blankness empty, till the final credits roll-down.

• Sarah

★★★★ Added by Sarah

• Danny Farrington

★★★★½ Added by Danny Farrington

As a fan of LOST and Cloverfield, I was massively excited for this movie, and it didn't disappoint! If, like me, you enjoy the mystery that J.J. Abrams puts into his work, you will love Super 8.

• JulieC

★★★★½ Rewatched by JulieC 23 Aug, 2015

Charles: Production Value!

• Dan

★★★★½ Rewatched by Dan 23 Aug, 2015

Cary: Stop talking about production value, the Air Force is going to kill us.

• Aurora Esterlia

★★★★½ Added by Aurora Esterlia

Bunch of kids want to make sci-fi movies, end up in a real situation of sci-fi movie.

We wish it's based on true story because the whole things in it was made by this Super 8mm camera.

We love you, J.J. Abrams.

• Mathias Eek

★★★★½ Watched by Mathias Eek 18 Aug, 2015

The young main characters played surprisingly convincing. The movie felt a lot like the old Spielberg movies. Was a great watch!

• Hershal Whiteman

★★★½ Rewatched by Hershal Whiteman 21 Aug, 2015

It's clearly obvious that JJ Abrams is one of our most polarizing filmmakers. Fandom's reaction to his uneven tribute to all things Spielberg proves that. It's been a few years since I've seen it and I'd be lying if I said it didn't lose a little bit of its appeal to me. Don't get me wrong, I still really like it while being able to acknowledge some of its weaknesses but I don't get the pure vitriol spilled towards JJ…

• Rakesh Raja

★★ Added by Rakesh Raja

Tries to be great purely based off of nostalgia.