• cwcarruth23

★★★ Added by cwcarruth23

Different and unique in it's special way. Enjoyed this Jar Jar Abrams film but I feel like he could of done so much more with this story line.

• Iain Dickie

★★★★½ Rewatched by Iain Dickie 01 Aug, 2015

Subterranean Homesick Alien

• Michael Parks

★★★★ Rewatched by Michael Parks 26 Jul, 2015

Still a great nostalgia film that is funny and thrilling. Very much an Amblin film.

• Josh Hansford

★★★½ Watched by Josh Hansford 17 Jul, 2015

Thrilling, Funny, yet ultimately predictable science fiction movie

• t2kickassjedi

★★★★★ Added by t2kickassjedi

Super 8 is a really cool and innovative sci-fi film.

• Muddguts

★★★★★ Added by Muddguts

This movie crew (meaning every one involved) knocked it out of the park with this one. I put this one side-by-side with Joe Dante's 1993 film Matinee. Kids, monsters and falling in love, sign me up.

Just remember "drugs are really bad!"

• Chloe

★★½ Watched by Chloe 21 Jul, 2015

Not what I expected. Bit slow and kind of boring really. Not many action scenes and focused more on the characters story. Good special effects and jumpy scares but you didn't really see the aliens.

• Lucas

★★★★ Rewatched by Lucas 10 Jun, 2015

A perfect homage to the 80's science fiction films, and it really brought JJ Abrams into my eyes as a very talented director. This has grown into one great film, and for sure one I really enjoy. Everything from the story to the acting, it's just great!

• Alastair Hendry

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alastair Hendry 18 Jul, 2015

Perhaps one of my films of 2011. A great speilbergian tale complete with aliens, children and dysfunctional families. Cross Close Encounters, ET and Cloverfield and you get Super 8. Great performances and cast and some great character moments. Amazing Stuff. (15.9.11), (7.10.12)

Watching this again for a third time it really struck me what I love about this film. It reminds me of when I was a child watching movies in the eighties and early nineties. Of course, I was…

• mfulton

★★★★ Added by mfulton

B+

• Marie Consolacion

★★★★ Watched by Marie Consolacion 17 Jul, 2015

It is clear that J.J. Abrams is attempting to bring back what Steven Spielberg brought with films like Close Encounters of the Third Kind and E.T., creating a sense of nostalgia. However, this film was enjoyable to watch, particularly the acting provided by Elle Fanning. As I am unable to help but compare this film to the works of Steven Spielberg, I feel that the children starring in Super 8 lacked the chemistry the children of E.T. had. Although I didn't love this film, it is something I would come back to again. Super 8 has also left me anticipating for Abram's upcoming Star Wars film.

• ericf129