• Sam Blackburn

★★★★½ Rewatched by Sam Blackburn 27 Nov, 2015

A love letter to Spielberg.

"Super 8" is a love project of J.J. Abrams you can feel the sense of adventure aspect in movie such as "E.T." and even films that Spielberg didn't direct such as "Goonies" it shows why J.J. Abrams is a talented director. It is impossible not to see the kids hang out making a movie and not feel nostalgia, even if you weren't a filmmaker, we all went out with our friends somewhere and had adventures,…

• Jason Bally

★★ Added by Jason Bally

I might have gone into this expecting too much. I liked the premise and start, but it just went downhill for me after that.

• Jon Baum

★★★★ Watched by Jon Baum 27 Nov, 2015

Super 8 is the quintessential homage to the greatness of steven speilberg, aside from that it's officially my favorite J.J. Abrams movie (but hopefully not for long). Super 8 was marvelous and uncanny in it's exposure of alien narratives and it's perfectly charming, knowing when and where to tug your heart.

• jaxberg

★★★★ Watched by jaxberg 25 Nov, 2015

Looks great! Nice cinematography and lighting, saturated colors etc...
    Likeable cast. All the kids are solid.

• Torane

★★★ Added by Torane

Best line: Omg drugs are so bad!

• jeffreyakemp

★★★★ Rewatched by jeffreyakemp 21 Nov, 2015 1

Good flick, but I'm praying to dear god Star Wars is way better

• Jenna K

★★★★ Added by Jenna K

Beautiful and simple. Watching it in the theatres felt really special and sweet. I still feel like this is sort of the E.T. of my generation.

• Quinn Bailey

★★★★ Added by Quinn Bailey

I swear, if I hear one more person complain that Hollywood can't produce a successful character-based blockbuster, I am going to take my copy of this movie and shove it in their face until they stop whining.

On a more serious note, this is a lot better than I remember it being. Yeah, it cribs a bit too much from the Spielberg pantheon, but it still manages to be a damn good movie on its own mainly because of some…

• Morgothik

★★★★★ Rewatched by Morgothik 17 Nov, 2015

Watched this with the family this time. Everyone loved it!

• Jack Davenport

★★½ Watched by Jack Davenport 17 Nov, 2015

My problem with Super 8 is that I don't know what I want it to be.

I started this film hoping for a cloverfield style JJAbrams monster movie, but once the monster/alien/creature THING arrived I was more into the late 70's coming of age band of children story that had been set out before me.
    Very reminiscent of the goonies.

But with a big alien thing.

• Morgothik

★★★★★ Watched by Morgothik 14 Nov, 2015

This movie did an awesome job bringing back a lot of things that belonged to my childhood. It was funny and creepy and exciting and a lot of fun.

• Zack Wallace

★★★★★ Rewatched by Zack Wallace 14 Nov, 2015

Love this movie. Love everything about it. The acting. The dialogue. The cinematography. The score. The music. The direction. Damn, I fucking love this movie.