• Christopher Martin

★½ Watched by Christopher Martin 17 Mar, 2015

Just didn't care about anyone in this. Some nice visuals.

• Paul Talbot

★★ Watched by Paul Talbot 15 Mar, 2015

I opted to finally watch this notorious flop after being reminded of the fact that it was originally intended to be a low budget "Hellraiser meets in space" feature by William Malone with H.R. Giger effects. That would definitely have been a much better prospect than what we get here. The supposed $90 million budget is nowhere on the screen, but the production issues that eventually forced director Walter Hill to remove his name are readily apparent. It actually started…

• Ian Loring

★½ Watched by Ian Loring 05 Mar, 2015

So all over the place and feels like it was directed by people who needed to get laid very badly.

• trevor taylor

★★★ Watched by trevor taylor 11 Feb, 2015

I honestly dont believe it deserves such bad reviews as far as scifi goes it held its own and kept me interested. I believe its worth the watch if you like your sci fi

• Schizopolis

★★½ Watched by Schizopolis 26 Feb, 2015

Pretty good sci-fi concepts and ideas, but executed poorly. Still worth seeing, if you're a sci-fi fan. Good special effects for its time, but the art design looks and feels dated. Very mid to late 90's sci-fi. Cringe-worthy dialogue. Spader and Bassett are the only actors that hold this movie together. Their deep voices alone could make mediocre dialogue sound interesting. As for the rest of the actors, Robin Tunney was basically hired to show her ta-ta's multiple times and…

• NewOrder

½ Watched by Cevin Moore 23 Feb, 2015

Why?

• Beki Simpson

Watched by Beki Simpson 23 Feb, 2015

It's boring, but has plenty of topless men with chiseled abs. So a bit like one of those Hollyoaks Hunks calendars then.

• Chris Vallée

★★½ Watched by Chris Vallée 13 Feb, 2015

I'll admit, this was pretty crap, but based on the ratings scale for it I was expecting something much crappier. I have seen comparable films far worse than this that have an overall higher rating average. Either way, this was a fairly typical 90's/early 2000's sci-fi affair that didn't bring anything new to the table, but still managed to be marginally enjoyable. My biggest takeaway from watching though, was the thought that Angela Bassett passed on X-Men, but thought this was a suitable gig.

• Austin Vashaw

★★★½ Watched by Austin Vashaw 04 Jan, 2015 2

I checked out this mostly forgotten sci-fi/horror film and it's not half bad. At times you can detect the lack of direction (Walter Hill walked out), but it's got an interesting cast and some very memorable moments.

Blu-Ray Review: cinapse.co/2015/01/15/blue-giant-explodes-blu-ray-mostly-forgotten-supernova/

• Blair Russell

★½ Added by Blair Russell 3

Unlike those that recently saw this motion picture via the new Scream Factory Blu (I wish I could see the half hour documentary on the disc about the disastrous production of this movie); rather I saw it last night via the MGMHD channel. I had never seen this movie before-the toxic buzz scared me away-but after seeing some people I know recently talk about it here and elsewhere I figured now was the time to check it out. I had…

• Wade Sowers

★½ Watched by Wade Sowers 21 Jan, 2015

An emergency rescue ship receives a call from a mining base on a moon several light years distant. They jump to the moon, rescue the one person left alive, and plan to transport him to safety. We soon discover he has brought on board an alien artifact, and that he is no longer completely human, in a story that becomes a cross between ALIEN and THE TERMINATOR. In a series of interviews included on the new Blu-ray release with cast…