• Reece Leonard

★★★★½ Added by Reece Leonard

Excellently produced and directed with rousing performances, "Sweeney Todd" is a thoroughly enjoyable, musical experience.

• Dreception

★★ Watched by Dreception 08 Apr, 2015

I liked the ending, but man was it a chore to get there.

And it took 50 minutes for anyone to die! That isn't a spoiler, that is a problem. I think the movie had insane pacing issues, and most of the songs i just didn't care for. The color pallet of the movie is so bleak and dark at parts you would swear it was filmed in B&W.
    I really liked some concepts, motifs and themes, but was bored…

• Wayne McCracken

★★★★ Added by Wayne McCracken

My favorite musical.

• Peter Gatt

★★★ Rewatched by Peter Gatt 30 Mar, 2015

Great story marred imo with awful songs this would've better as an Opera

• Moe Acharki

★★★★½ Rewatched by Moe Acharki 29 Mar, 2015

The more I watch this film, the more I love it. Tim Burton does a great job on capturing the story of Sweeney Todd in a gruesome but charming film. Instantly becoming one of my favourite films of all time.

94% out of 100%

• Stephen Jacobson

★★★★ Watched by Stephen Jacobson 28 Mar, 2015

What a great movie dealing with issues of avenge and the extermination of all evil. While vengeance can be completed, can the act of vengeance also be a whole separate evil. This movie follows possibly a rightful vengeance, but good will always ultimately prevail.

• shainakins

★★★★★ Added by shainakins

I absolutely loved this movie! Depp plays an amazing character and once again he astonishes me with his acting skills. A must watch for musical lovers! I wasn't too sure on this after hearing that it is a little dark, but that is what made me love this movie after watching it!

• Peter Garofalo

★★★★ Rewatched by Peter Garofalo 23 Mar, 2015

Don't what it is but these "Tim Burton putting a lot of makeup/silly hats on Johnny Depp" movies are either a visual marvel that I'm all in on or a flaming piece of shit.

This is a hit. But I'm partial to musicals.

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★★ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

Johnny Depp owns this atmospheric musical about the titular demon barber. Great to watch and to listen to.

• Cactus Matt

★★★★½ Added by Cactus Matt

This dark musical about murder and cannibalism is easily Tim Burton’s best, not just from the direction and acting involved but the sing-song quality to almost every line of dialogue that makes for pure cinematic poetry.

• Iestyn Lloyd

★★★ Watched by Iestyn Lloyd 20 Mar, 2015

Very unique. Reminded me of Oliver, but of course much much darker.

• alon89

★★★★ Added by alon89

One of my favourite Tim Burton movies. Although, I still find the musical part strange.