• Alex

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alex 21 Oct, 2014

My most rewatched movie ever. Everyone else seems to be either "This sucks" or "Alright I guess?" and meanwhile I'm over here like "One of my favorite movies ever."

• Lizzie

★★★ Watched by Lizzie 29 Mar, 2013

Watched with group of Mac friends on TV in Turck

• Isabella

★★★★ Added by Isabella

I mean, Johnny Depp can't really sing that well, but this film is still wonderful. Who doesn't love musicals about murders?

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd is one hell of a film, with, loved the art-direction as well as cinematography of the film. Johnny Depp's performance; which won him 3rd Oscar-nomination as Best Actor, is certainly a worth watching this ghastly wonderful film!

• robert_holly

★★ Added by robert_holly

Well made, but the story is just boring. The music never really hits a high note either.

• Luke

★★★ Rewatched by Luke 28 Sep, 2014 1

"They all deserve to die."

I really enjoy this movie. It's a unique blend of musical and horror, one i certainly haven't come across on film ever before. You can really feel the roots of the movie as a Broadway Musical which is nice because often films lose that link when being adapted into a feature length film.

The film did well in both genres. It worked as a morbid musical, the songs were catchy and had me singing along.…

• Clay

★★★★ Watched by Clay 27 Sep, 2014

I'm still annoyed by the blood color in this movie.

• MrPootytang

★★★★ Added by MrPootytang

Critics have really hit this movie hard, although I don't think all of Tim Burton's movies are great this one is. My despise for musicals or cheesy singing goes deep, but this movie does it right along with the dark, gritty, morbid presentation. To be honest the musical parts enhanced this movie. Something that Burton really needed to return to, an unusual tale with an unconventional cast: Alan Rickman, Sacha Baron Cohen and Johnny Depp. They all play their parts well and right, this is one modern Burton movie done bloody right (pun intended).

• Owen Hughes

★½ Watched by Owen Hughes 19 Aug, 2014

Penny Dreadful's are an important part of British history. They are partly responsible for an incredible social revolution that led to many working class Victorian folk going from completely illiterate to semi-literate. They were a phenomenon. People wanted to keep up with the latest volume of their favourite gruesome story - and the easiest way to do this was to be able to read. Never underestimate the power of horror stories, is what I say!

"The String of Pearls", the…

• Andrew Nurmi

★★★★½ Added by Andrew Nurmi

'Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street', or as it's more colloquially referred to as Sweeney Todd, is a VERY good musical and a wonderful movie in general. It has something for fans of dark comedy, it has something for fans of violent movies, and it is PERFECT for anyone that enjoys musical theater, such as myself. This movie just oozes Tim Burton and that is something I very much enjoy. There are VERY few movies that have Johnny…

• Barbara Henry

★★★★★ Added by Barbara Henry

Wonderful, wonderful! Powerful, sweeping, and beautiful adaptation of one of my favorite pieces of theater. I was most impressed with Ms. Helena Bonham Carter, who re-interpreted Mrs. Lovett as a sad and truly desperate woman, rather than the twisted comic relief that Ms. Lansbury so entertainingly embodied. I absolutely loved Bonham Carter's acting and especially her pitch-perfect singing voice and I couldn't take my eyes off her face when she was on the screen. She and Depp made a great…

• KMOKLER

★★★★ Added by KMOKLER

I'm not a fan of musicals but this ones pretty well made and the Gothic tone fits this movie well but the Rossana song bored me to death and the movie is a bit over the top gory.