• Eugene McCrann

★★★ Added by Eugene McCrann

Needless to say this material is destined for Burton's molding and he nails the atmosphere, eschewing any of the sentimentality that so often overtakes his goth posturing - meaning he's committed to the production's shockingly macabre confluence of song and ultra-violence, though I think the show rests on that incongruity with little to break-up the cruelty. Burton's propensity to cast from a short, narrow-minded list of actors doesn't help, and Sondheim is dealt a severe blow in that sense. Otherwise, this about maxes out its potential.

• Astrid Vassallo

★★½ Watched by Astrid Vassallo 20 Feb, 2015

I'm really not into musicals.

• Raven1001

★★★½ Added by Raven1001

Fantastica Historia.....

• Andrew Bemis

★★★★½ Rewatched by Andrew Bemis 12 Feb, 2015 2

The conventional wisdom is that Tim Burton hasn't made a good movie in ages. Actually, there are some very good ones in there; the problem is, there isn't another director I can think of that have as much of an inverse relationship between the quality of their movies and their box office success. The worst ones are the ones everyone has seen. Sweeney Todd, which did so-so at the box office, is the best he's made in recent years. Most…

• kaonashi

★★★ Watched by kaonashi 06 Feb, 2015

J'ai mis du temps à regarder ce film, j'était rebutté par le fait qu'il s'agisse d'un film musical.. Je l'ai quand même regardé car c'est un film de Tim Burton.. J'ai eu du mal avec les parties chantées mais je suis finalement entré dans l'histoire et j'ai apprécié ce film.. J'ai été cependant déçu par la fin, je m'attendais à plus.

• cfi

★★★★ Added by cfi

have wanted to watch it for a fair while now, and it's my drama homework to watch it - perfect. i feel as though i've seen depp and bonham carter in similar roles too much now for their performances to be truly ground-breaking but why change perfection; they are perfectly cast. the soundtrack is immediately recognisable and rather enjoyable. jamie campbell bower provides an aesthetically pleasant surprise

• Shelly

★★★ Watched by Shelly 05 Feb, 2015

seriously concerned for jon's wellbeing

•  Justin Purwitsky

★★★★½ Rewatched by Justin Purwitsky 31 Jan, 2015

People say Tim Burton has lost in the the last decade or so. People obviously haven't seen this (or Corpse Bride). Watching his films from his first till this one I see no lose of magic and talent and creativeness from Burton. Sure he made Planet of the Apes and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory but two bad films does not a bad director make.

People say Johnny Depp has got lazy but he isn't lazy here. He's fantastic and…

• Joel H

★★★★ Rewatched by Joel H 29 Jan, 2015

Always leaves me craving a pie and a shave.

• cgk3

★★★★½ Added by cgk3

Never eating meat pies again... But amazing soundtrack and a great film!

• Luke Grima

★★ Watched by Luke Grima 22 Jan, 2015

I like musicals, but this was dull and boring with forgettable and un-catchy songs.

• Jason MD-P

★★★★ Added by Jason MD-P

OK, I don't really like musicals, but I really like horror- so guess what wins? This was really well done.