• Peter Gatt

★★★ Rewatched by Peter Gatt 30 Mar, 2015

Great story marred imo with awful songs this would've better as an Opera

• Moe Acharki

★★★★½ Rewatched by Moe Acharki 29 Mar, 2015

The more I watch this film, the more I love it. Tim Burton does a great job on capturing the story of Sweeney Todd in a gruesome but charming film. Instantly becoming one of my favourite films of all time.

94% out of 100%

• Stephen Jacobson

★★★★ Watched by Stephen Jacobson 28 Mar, 2015

What a great movie dealing with issues of avenge and the extermination of all evil. While vengeance can be completed, can the act of vengeance also be a whole separate evil. This movie follows possibly a rightful vengeance, but good will always ultimately prevail.

• shainakins

★★★★★ Added by shainakins

I absolutely loved this movie! Depp plays an amazing character and once again he astonishes me with his acting skills. A must watch for musical lovers! I wasn't too sure on this after hearing that it is a little dark, but that is what made me love this movie after watching it!

• Peter Garofalo

★★★★ Rewatched by Peter Garofalo 23 Mar, 2015

Don't what it is but these "Tim Burton putting a lot of makeup/silly hats on Johnny Depp" movies are either a visual marvel that I'm all in on or a flaming piece of shit.

This is a hit. But I'm partial to musicals.

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★★ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

Johnny Depp owns this atmospheric musical about the titular demon barber. Great to watch and to listen to.

• Cactus Matt

★★★★½ Added by Cactus Matt

This dark musical about murder and cannibalism is easily Tim Burton’s best, not just from the direction and acting involved but the sing-song quality to almost every line of dialogue that makes for pure cinematic poetry.

• Iestyn Lloyd

★★★ Watched by Iestyn Lloyd 20 Mar, 2015

Very unique. Reminded me of Oliver, but of course much much darker.

• alon89

★★★★ Added by alon89

One of my favourite Tim Burton movies. Although, I still find the musical part strange.

• Ness

★★★★½ Added by Ness

HBC singing and Mrs Lovett makes me cry

• Koha Ly

★★★★ Added by Koha Ly

Good cast. Good visuals.

• Cavin Hawkins

★★ Rewatched by Cavin Hawkins 07 Mar, 2015

Burton's style, combined with Tarantino's gore, in musical form. I don't really like these bleak movies with almost no color (except blood red). I also don't like most musicals. Ultimately this is bearable, but not enjoyable.