• BobThePenguin

★★★★★ Added by BobThePenguin

This film changed the way I look at the world. Charlie Kaufman confirms he's one of if not the greatest screenwriter of this generation, and his ability to make his strange stories feel so close and human is incredible. Please see this movie.

• Filbrick Pines

★★★★★ Rewatched by Filbrick Pines 29 Apr, 2016

A cada visionado se acerca más a ser mi película favorita.

A cada visionado se acerca más a destrozarme por dentro y hacerme jurar que no volveré a verla nunca.

Me gustaría creer que no están relacionadas.

• Bianca_stg

★★★★★ Watched by Bianca_stg 26 Feb, 2016

Wow de verdad wow. Voló mi cabeza, fue demasiado, apenas me vengo recuperando. Cuanta chingonería en este hombre por Dios, Charlie Kaufman no te mueras nunca. Cuantas cosas hace sentir. Gracias.

• Dion Wyn

★★★★★ Watched by Dion Wyn 28 Apr, 2016

So Charlie Kaufman has got to do SOMETHING with himself amidst this nihilistic mayhem that is American culture. What does he do? He writes and produces and directs a movie that expresses, that embodies, that is material evidence of the revoltingly irrational mentality that is guiding our failing system. He is commenting on not only our preposterous national philosophy but also on our pandemic impotence to save ourselves. The world that he has created in Synecdoche, NY is a desperate,…

• Jennifer Smart

★★★★★ Watched by Jennifer Smart 28 Apr, 2016

I feel like it could take a lifetime to process everything this movie has to offer. It's one of those films that, if you were to watch it every ten years or so, you might come away having seen a completely different story each time. This time, the film appeared to me a portrait of humanity's petrifying fear of grappling about in the dark for a creative purpose indefinitely and of aging alone. However, it is also so much more than that. Simply too much to put into writing. Kaufman's skill at portraying the human condition has me speechless, once again.

• Joseph Milando

★★★★★ Watched by Joseph Milando 27 Apr, 2016

wtf

• Benjamin Belfort

★★★★★ Watched by Benjamin Belfort 26 Apr, 2016

Holy Jesus H. Christ! Never before in my entire life have been so deeply affected by a film. This is a film that is truly unique and entirely unlike anything else. This film is so densely and yet simply layered. A film so vague and yet specific. So philosophical and yet so practical. A film that has truly impacted me on an almost metaphysical level. I know that I will be thinking about this film for days, possibly weeks. The…

• jjthesquid

Seymour Hoffman gets meta-cucked

It's called art, mom

• YoYuan

★★★★★ Watched by YoYuan 15 Apr, 2016

Damn... 24 hours have passed since I first watched this film, I haven't been able to process it. And why do I feel so sad and lonely?

• 5oil

★★★★★ Added by 5oil

every charlie kaufman movie is a visionary masterpiece. kaufman's movies aren't only incredibly emotional based and show a socially difficult person who suffers with (many) mental illnesses surrounded by even more complicated people, but are very poetic, subtle at times and make use of endless highly artistic cinematographic tools and tricks. synecdoche, new york is especially my favorite of his, because it showcases such a big world (matter), but the issues are so small compared to it all (mind), but…

• Ammon Miller

★★★★★ Watched by Ammon Miller 13 Apr, 2016

Charlie Kaufman's masterpiece is dense, tragic, and funny. It's a miracle that only one man wrote this brilliant piece. A unique film viewing experience, the film plays with your expectations and although its goals are lofty, it achieves them with ease and with real heart an emotion throughout.

A special mention to the cast for tackling these complicated and potentially confusing characters with realism and empathy. Philip Seymour Hoffman is brilliant as Caden, and Samantha Morten brings a charming warmth to Hazel.