• Emptystomach

★★★★★ Watched by Emptystomach 01 Mar, 2015

I haven't seen anything quite like it.

• Joe Burke

★★★★★ Added by Joe Burke

It's not the masterpiece that I wanted, but rather the masterpiece I needed.

• Kira

★★★★★ Watched by Kira 21 Feb, 2015 1

I had to watch this in 20 minute intervals so I wouldn't kill myself but nonetheless it's definitely one of the best movies I've ever seen.

• Cian

★★★★★ Watched by Cian 19 Feb, 2015 1

One of the greatest films I have ever seen.

Similar to Adaptation in subject matter, but even more ambitious, Charlie Kaufman's masterpiece is perfect. Philip Seymour Hoffman is without doubt one of the best actors of his generation.

Something great about Kaufman that I rarely hear discussed is that, within his complex storylines and quirky concepts, he is able to excellently capture human characters that are excellent, regardless of the surreal events happening around them. Synecdoche is full of these…

• Evan

★★★★★ Watched by Evan 16 Feb, 2015 5

Synecdoche, New York is a film that must be experienced by everyone. If you have yet to see this movie, I suggest you stop what you're doing and watch it now. Philip Seymour Hoffman truly was one of, if not the best actor of this generation. You're presence will forever be missed, RIP.

• FilmApe

★★★★★ Rewatched by FilmApe 15 Feb, 2015

This film has a lot to it, and it is truly an exhausting experience watching it. It also doesn't help that the film pretty much lays bare everything that is so difficult about being a human being. I mean, the whole film is about trying to figure out the right way to life your life, though the film's answer is that we will never find a right way to live. We will constantly be worrying about how we look, how…

• Sebastian Mendo

★★★★★ Added by Sebastian Mendo

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Where can I possibly start with a film like this? Honestly, is there a way of even knowing where to start? I'll do my best.

Synecdoche, New York is not only my favorite film of all time, it's one of the most painful but also one of the happiest cinematic experiences of my life. My tears represented both the sadness of such a raw portrayal of ambition but also the happiness of seeing someone do it right.

• Shervin Ghiami

★★★★★ Watched by Shervin Ghiami 14 Feb, 2015

I have nothing to say that others haven't already said for this soul crushing masterpiece. Easily one of the finest works of the last decade.

• LorraineSovern

★★★★★ Rewatched by LorraineSovern 11 Feb, 2015 1

My definition of inspiration.

• Swift The Fox

★★★★★ Added by Swift The Fox

Art with a capitol A. This movie is everything. Heavy, honest, absurd, sad and brilliant. Fucking. Brilliant.

• SilentDawn

★★★★★ Watched by SilentDawn 10 Feb, 2015 8

Synecdoche, New York is baffling, weird, effusive, intoxicating, honest, and utterly perfect. It transcends the expectations of a mere film and conjures up something tangible and heartbreaking, lonely and imaginative, hopeful and yearning. Charlie Kaufman's vision rips into your soul and sets up camp, hitting your tear ducts and playing your heartstrings as every line of poetic whimsy and cosmic wit sends your state further down into different phases of confusion and awe.

Saying that this film is a keeper…

• Carl Ingebretsen

★★★★★ Rewatched by Carl Ingebretsen 07 Feb, 2015

One crushing existentialist crisis, coming up!