• WhitsMovies

★★★★★ Rewatched by WhitsMovies 02 Oct, 2015

Sometimes you just have to buy the burning house.

• Forrest B P

★★★★★ Watched by Forrest B P 28 Sep, 2015

Dense, beautiful, bold, intelligent, and often darkly funny, Synecdoche New York will frustrate and anger those trying too hard to understand it--a problem that could be fixed with multiple viewings as opposed to over-analysis--but for those receptive to its story, this film will be a deeply emotional experience.

• Dante Hemingway

★★★★★ Watched by Dante Hemingway 27 Sep, 2015 1

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Not friendly, I was conflicted at times. But at the end, it paid off. Charlie fucking Kaufman and Jon fucking Brion... It surely paid off.
    When the credit was rolling and "Little Person" started playing, I found myself crying alone. Not only because of Jon Brion's score, not only Kaufman's storytelling, and not only Hoffman's outstanding performance could made me cry. I was happy that I have finally found something that is worth awhile. Something that is a masterpiece.

• Chris Naber

★★★★★ Watched by Chris Naber 26 Sep, 2015 1

Maybe I'm just an ass, but it never felt indulgent to me, which is almost unimaginable considering the subject.

• Flovv

★★★★★ Watched by Flovv 25 Sep, 2015

"The Specifics Hardly Matter. Everyone's Everyone"

What was once before you - an exciting, mysterious future - is now behind you. Lived; understood; disappointing. You realize you are not special. You have struggled into existence, and are now slipping silently out of it. This is everyone's experience. Every single one.

• Jacob Cornblatt

★★★★★ Watched by Jacob Cornblatt 22 Sep, 2015

This movie is a masterpiece. It's rare that a movie is as subjective as this one is, as even the most ambiguous of films becomes objective as some point. The further you dive into "Synecdoche, New York," however, the more it consumes you.

The film is an experience, and a life-changing one at that.

Should you see this?
    -If you are a human capable of thought, than yes.

• Connor Keegan

★★★★★ Watched by Connor Keegan 22 Sep, 2015

Man, I don't remember getting a permission slip for this feel trip.

• EdgarReviews

★★★★★ Watched by EdgarReviews 22 Sep, 2015

Bawled my eyes out. I'd give it 6 stars if I could.

• skapandi

★★★★★ Watched by skapandi 19 Sep, 2015

the best pretentious emo shit

• Ghsouza

★★★★★ Watched by Ghsouza 13 Sep, 2015

I can die after watch this movie, so many things i have in common.
    Wonderful scenario, wonderful makeup and wonderful, marvelous, great performance from you Philip Seymour Hoffman.

• Vegard Fjellestad

★★★★★ Watched by Vegard Fjellestad 13 Sep, 2015

I have to start creating more.

• Jorge Candamo

★★★★★ Watched by Jorge Candamo 13 Sep, 2015 3

No quiero hacer reseña habiéndola visto tan solo una vez, únicamente decir que será todo lo ambiciosa que queráis, pero a los que les llegue de verdad tienen mucha suerte. Tengo mucha suerte. Y ay.
    Tampoco sé como puntuarla realmente.