• Rigo

★★★★★ Watched by Rigo 31 Jan, 2015

Gw nggak seratus persen paham dengan film ini, tapi yang jelas film ini amat sangat menyedihkan. Jelas bukan film yang cocok untuk ditonton kalo kamu pengennya nonton film yang bikin kamu happy.

• iolimich

★★★★★ Added by iolimich

όχι μόνο δε κέρδισε, δε προτάθηκε καν για οσκαρ σεναρίου, οι άνθρωποι είναι γελοίοι

• PamRahn

★★★★★ Rewatched by PamRahn 29 Jan, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I watch this film, probably like 10 times in the past year, and now I decided to rewatched and again is been a great experience. I think that Kuafman is probably unaware of his geniality down here, I don't know but for me, this film is everything I been ask for when I read, when I watch movies and when I stare at big skies in search for inspiration.

It is marvelous, it is sad, it acknowledge beauty the way…

• PamRahn

★★★★★ Watched by PamRahn 12 Feb, 2014

una de mis peliculas favoritas de todos los tiempos, podria extenderme decir por que cada escena es mejor que la otra, porque es maravillosa, pero creo que dos adjetivos que la describen perfectamente es tristemente divina.

• Ed Glendenning

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ed Glendenning 28 Jan, 2015 2

Synecdoche New York is a strong contender & probable front runner for best film of the 21st century.

• Justin Willis

★★★★★ Watched by Justin Willis 26 Jan, 2015 1

This movie pretty much exploded my mind. It was both a work of genius and insanity... and I adored it. Sure, the first half of the movie confused me as to the direction it was taking... but by the end, my mind wasn't thinking fast enough to possibly comprehend all the different revelations about existence that the movie was telling me.

Did I understand it? I really don't know. It was a film about meaning and purpose, but did it even have a meaning or purpose?

I don't think I've understood less of a movie and still loved it so much.

• Cole Bradley

★★★★★ Watched by Cole Bradley 26 Jan, 2015

Like Kaufman saw the last scene of Fish Tank, traveled back in time (it's not a perfect theory) and expanded it into a feature film.

Or, like Kaufman saw Mister Lonely and decided it needed to be more nihilistic (and then proceeded to make an epic in six months. Again, not a perfect theory)

Or, like Kaufman saw Boyhood and enough with the analogies, this movie is tremendous.

• ayylmao233

★★★★★ Watched by ayylmao233 24 Jan, 2015

Who are we? How much time has passed? Are we significant, or are we really just specks of dust in an infinitely larger place?

These are questions that Synecdoche, New York will make you ask yourself. It is a very confusing, surreal at times look at a group of people, with the burden of mortality on them. Especially Caden, (played masterfully by Philip Seymour Hoffman), who obsesses over many things, mostly his health. We watch him as he tries to…

• Tyler Christian

★★★★★ Watched by Tyler Christian 24 Jan, 2015

Charlie Kaufman, you’re my hero.

• Ava Davis

★★★★★ Watched by Ava Davis 21 Jan, 2015 1

Ah!

• MysidianRydia

★★★★★ Watched by MysidianRydia 19 Jan, 2015

At first I was intrigued by the surreal form this movie took. It was very much like how my dreams are constructed, including the playing with space and time, and reminded me a lot of Slaughterhouse V. I was afraid it would detract from the story, because it might feel artificial, but this film is the opposite of that. Truly heartrending. I love this movie to pieces.

• Luca Salvini