• Greg Boyd

★★★★★ Watched by Greg Boyd 13 Dec, 2014

So, important question: how did the dude FINANCE this project for decades? Like, I'm familiar with MacArthur grants. They're a lot of money. But not even close to that much.

Did he go around asking people to invest? I wonder how that conversation went. "Hey, I'm creating a massive piece of theatrical art that is never going to make any money, but is designed to let me explore my own headspace further in the pursuit of some abstract artistic ideal…

• Jessie Bender

★★★★★ Added by Jessie Bender

A masterpiece. A deconstruction of the human experience. What it must be like to truly tap into the unconscious. A meditation on the transitory nature of memory and time by way of ones life flashing before there eyes. If you could download the memories from a mind this is how they would look.

• Daniel Aaron Wolfe

★★★★★ Rewatched by Daniel Aaron Wolfe 22 Nov, 2014

Fifth or sixth time watching this. Still discovering new things. Still finding depth in things I hadn't before. Still one of my absolute favorite films from my absolute favorite writer.

• Thomas P

★★★★★ Watched by Thomas P 22 Nov, 2014

Synecdoche, New York

• Chris Day

★★★★★ Watched by Chris Day 19 Nov, 2014

Charlie Kaufman you are a god.

• billycrosses

★★★★★ Added by billycrosses

A film that rewards multiple viewings. A multifaceted existential yarn exploring solipsism, relationships, life, and the lack-of. I find it poetic, a bit melancholy, but kinda funny too. Kaufman fails to disappoint.

• Serv1ce

★★★★★ Watched by Serv1ce 13 Nov, 2014

Tantos detalles que un domo no es suficiente, y cada uno es sobre cuestiones tan relevantes que duele

• Zac

★★★★★ Watched by Zac 05 Nov, 2014

I'm not sure. All i know is that I am dumbfounded. I need to think. See this film, if you are reading this. It is unlike anything I've ever seen before.

• andytorino

★★★★★ Watched by andytorino 04 Nov, 2014

Never have I been so uncertain about rating a film. Never have I seen such a strange film - fascinating, though horrifying at the same time. The idea depicted in it overwhelms me and makes me uncomfortable.
    Kaufman, known for being the weirdo behind Being John Malkovich and Adaptation hit me in the gut with this piece of work. Choosing Hoffman as the lead was a no-brainer and he knew it. Philip incarnates sadness, greed, loneliness creating Caden Cotard, a…

• Josh Bog

★★★★★ Rewatched by Josh Bog 03 Nov, 2014

I don't cry at the movies.

• Seb

★★★★★ Rewatched by Seb 04 Nov, 2014

The only other film I've seen that has the reach of Synecdoche, New York is Linklater's Boyhood, and that was only achieved through an unprecedented experiment with the form.

• Anthony Di Gregorio

★★★★★ Added by Anthony Di Gregorio

Still one of the best films I've ever seen, and definitely the most depressing. Unreal.