• King Cobra Shins

★★★★★ Rewatched by King Cobra Shins 29 Jun, 2015

Like if u crie every tiem

• marlonn

★★★★★ Watched by marlonn 28 Jun, 2015

:((((

• Jade Mason

★★★★★ Added by Jade Mason

What a roller coaster of emotions! It's weird,wonderful,sad and terrifyingly beautiful. Synecdoche New York shows us that we will always be the lead role in the most important performance of our lives. And that production is called life. Philip Seymour Hoffman's acting is incredibly heart felt in this film which I think has something to do with his insane talent for naturalistic acting. Even the tiny moment in the restaurant when he bows and then says "Why am I bowing?"…

• Abbey

★★★★★ Watched by Abbey 26 Jun, 2015

this is quite possibly the best movie i have ever seen um wow yeah

• Omar Madhar

★★★★★ Rewatched by Omar Madhar 26 Jun, 2015

An existential, profound, brutally honest masterwork. Hoffman at his most audacious.

• aldy

★★★★★ Watched by aldy 25 Jun, 2015 1

Synecdoche, New York is the best film I've ever seen.

After initially being blown away by how amazing the whole thing was and immediately deciding to rewatch the devastating last twenty minutes, I spent a very long time just thinking about the movie and all the different themes and issues it explored. It's overflowing with ideas and it took a while to process. A couple of hours later, I found myself in tears.

It's a sprawling and ambitious film that…

• OtherBarry

★★★★★ Watched by OtherBarry 16 Jun, 2015

Complete lunacy/genius from Charlie Kaufman and it has (right now at least) my favorite performance from Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

• Raoul Groothuizen

★★★★★ Added by Raoul Groothuizen

A brilliant film without a doubt!
    Kaufman has already proven to be one of the best/original/creative screenwriters of this day and now he has proven that he is also capable of directing his own work.
    I'm curious how the film would've been in the hands of Spike Jonze, but "Synecdoche, New York" has already become my favorite adapted work of Kaufman, maybe because of the depressing but beautiful and often funny story and themes.
    It may lack some pacing issues in the second half, but it makes up in its storytelling, character development and originality.

• Matilde

★★★★★ Watched by Matilde 12 Jun, 2015

This film left me confused in a lovely and amazing way.
    But in the end every character, every place, every word, every little tiny detail has a meaning, a reason to exist and it's placed exactly where it has to be in this messed up, intricate, brilliant screenplay.
    It's up to us to understand what this meaning is.
    Oh, and the scenography and cinematography are truly stunning.

• Caleb Caleb

★★★★★ Added by Caleb Caleb

A truly absorbing experience. I say experience, because that is what the film becomes; an in depth, philosophically driven experience about one mans struggle to overcome his insecurities. Its this RAGING BULL/OTHELLO complex that makes SYNECDOCHE, NEW YORK's story so utterly engaging that you won't want to keep your eyes off of it. Kaufman does wonders on a technical and storytelling level. Can't wait to see what he does in the future.

• Michael Raine

★★★★★ Rewatched by Michael Raine 09 Jun, 2015

Mortality is cruel and demeaning. No matter how much one may worry about death; It's never wavered. And for us, it is uncertain. It may come to us at any given time. Death is like, also, ambition in its cruelty. Ambition is the thing applauded by all else but ourselves. Ambition is torture. Never allowing satisfaction; Never offering closure. To my knowledge, we are unlike any other creatures of our World in this way. We live to exceed our own…

• UtopianStuff

★★★★★ Watched by UtopianStuff 04 Jun, 2015

A magnum opus of modern cinema.

Charlie Kaufman's "Synecdoche, New York" is not only one of the greatest films of our time, but it's one of the greatest films of all time.

It's absurd, it's ambitious, it's funny, it's whimsical, it's melancholy, it's everything and more.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman's portrayal of the lonely Caden Cotard is one of his greatest performances in his career.

Kaufman's script is unflinching and, dare I say, brutally real and honest.

Kaufman's direction is masterful.…