• Agnis

• William Eguizabal

★★½ Watched by William Eguizabal 20 Oct, 2011

• Michael

★★★ Watched by Michael 06 Mar, 2011

Pretty decent John Hughes style teen comedy set in the Eighties (but with twenty-somethings instead of teens - not that that changes much.)

• Joseph Brown

★★★ Rewatched by Joseph Brown 17 Aug, 2014

All those 80s bratpack-age characters post grad, trying to bridge that gap between their adolescence and the start of their lives. An homage to my favorite kind of movie, and for the most part pulls it off - still wish it wouldn't rely on the typical corny riffs that go with movies of the genre it pays tribute to.

• AmandaC

★★★½ Watched by AmandaC 18 Jul, 2014

Coming of age film with FAB soundtrack from the 80's

• FilmApe

★★★½ Rewatched by FilmApe 23 May, 2014

Sort of fits the bill for a one crazy day film set in the 80s. I wasn't a fan on first watch, but on a rewatch I thought the film was fun.

• Daniel Charchuk

★★★½ Watched by Daniel Charchuk 30 Jun, 2011

I enjoyed this, even though it's terribly derivative and Adventureland told basically the same story much better; it made me laugh, though, and that's all that really matters.

• emina kika

★★ Added by emina kika

i had fun watching this movie

• Richard Trapp

★★★★★ Rewatched by Richard Trapp 30 Mar, 2014 3

"Tonight, we're not thinking... just doing."

After growing up watching Topher Grace religiously in That '70's Show, it's amazingly refreshing to hear him say "fuck". As for Take Me Home Tonight, it's a perfect homage to '80's coming of age classics and with a great soundtrack, big laughs and a wonderful cast, it's loveable and highly rewatchable.

• Darren Fx

★★★½ Watched by Darren Fx 27 Mar, 2014

"Tonight we're not thinking... just doing."

Hilarious, nostalgic and great fun.

Topher Grace does his best role since That '70's Show.

Dan Fogler on cocaine, hell yeah!

Anna Faris and Chris Pratt as an on screen couple again, better than the last time.

Bob Odenkirk in a suit again, oh yeah.

• steel11kane

★★★½ Watched by steel11kane 25 Mar, 2014

Topher Grace is one of the few from That 70's Show that I can really still stand - and he seems to be working the least. Get this man more films. Take Me Home Tonight brings us back to the 80s - which I hope movies do more and more now - as a nerd tries to get his high school crushes number four years after graduation. It took awhile to watch it, but I really enjoyed it.

• kylegarvey

★★ Added by kylegarvey

Sometimes cool and melancholy, with interesting intentional mistimings, weird edits, and absurd spots in the script; but also very often smarmy and unfunny, with Dan Fogler's mugging and a berserk ham-fisted energy. This split happens during the comedy and the non-comedy alike, which makes it all the more egregious.

TAKE ME HOME TONIGHT is better than POST GRAD and some other straight-oughtta-school-&-what-am-I-gonna-do-now? movies... it has some interesting atmospherics: at first overwrought and scummy, and then (when "Come On Eileen" plays especially) somewhat tender and artful.

The plot is adventurous and then typical and then adventurous again, but all the while kind of ineffectual and small-minded.