• BritishDominion

★★½ Watched by BritishDominion 03 Jul, 2015

As someone who was the same age as the characters in this film at the very same time in the 1980s, I have to ask: did anyone involved in the production actually LOVE through the 1980s?

What shows up on screen is a soc-hop of 80s radio hits and a bunch of mid-20s actors playing 80s Halloween dress-up.

Actor/writer/producer Topher Grace tries very hard, but this is a no-win.

• Anthony Iessi

★★ Added by Anthony Iessi

Not all that funny of a movie, however, I appreciated its love affair with the 80's and the amount of sweetness it had for the characters.

• JurassicGriffin

★★★★ Rewatched by JurassicGriffin 14 Jun, 2015

I really do love this movie. Everyone is good in it, it's funny, and it's touching. That's all I ever need from it, and that's what I get from it.

• Jordan Ferrero

★★★★ Rewatched by Jordan Ferrero 21 Jun, 2015

I don't get why people hate this movie. I really enjoy it. It's funny and eventful, and just the right amount of rom com cheese.

• Matthew Saponar

★★★★½ Watched by Matthew Saponar 24 May, 2015

it's kind of like a combination of DAZED AND CONFUSED and SUPERBAD but about 30% shittier than that sounds. i cried.

• massageman

★★ Watched by massageman 04 Apr, 2015

A lot of the humor of this movie is based on awkward moments which makes it more realistic, but it also just made me feel bad for the characters.

• Gonçalo

★½ Watched by Gonçalo 10 Feb, 2015

A great 80's vibe and a killer soundtrack isn't enough. Could have been much better if the plot wasn't so predictable.

• Jonathan Paula

★★★★½ Watched by Jonathan Paula 11 Jul, 2011 1

Such a criminally underrated experience. A perfect, and respectful homage to 80s culture with one of the strongest romantic duos on screen in a long time. Poignant dialogue, funny slapstick, and fantastic music make this a real gem. I thought it was AWESOME.

• Scott Mick

★★★ Watched by Scott Mick 03 Jan, 2015

Ah, the 1980s. The decade where the music was playful, the clothes were colorful, and the films were simplistic yet meaningful. It’s no wonder so many people, including myself, are obsessed with the era. Yes, I was born in the 80s, but I “grew up” during the 90s; a decade whose contributions to pop culture pale in comparison. There's something magical about the heyday of music videos, video games, and synthesizers that makes all your worries disappear. It’s a unique…

• Alex

Watched by Alex 06 Dec, 2014

after my roommate and I watched that generalized titled movie with toper grace, we decided he was cute and wanted to watch more topher grace. so we looked up this and had no idea it existed.

it reminded me of the teen movies I watched as a teen (in the 90s) but trying to be 80s but not quite but also not spoofy but maybe accurate I don't know, all I know is 80s teen movies were more 80s-like.

it had a sweet soundtrack though.

• joelhwa

★★★ Watched by joelhwa 25 Nov, 2011

6/10: Completely nailed the 80's styleI It's almost like watching typical teen-comedy-romantic movie from the 80's, but rediscovered in 2011. There really isn't anything special about this movie, as the plot was unremarkable, like in many movies from that period of the same genre. They even got that right!

• GD