• Scott Mick

★★★ Watched by Scott Mick 03 Jan, 2015

Ah, the 1980s. The decade where the music was playful, the clothes were colorful, and the films were simplistic yet meaningful. It’s no wonder so many people, including myself, are obsessed with the era. Yes, I was born in the 80s, but I “grew up” during the 90s; a decade whose contributions to pop culture pale in comparison. There's something magical about the heyday of music videos, video games, and synthesizers that makes all your worries disappear. It’s a unique…

• Alex

Watched by Alex 06 Dec, 2014

after my roommate and I watched that generalized titled movie with toper grace, we decided he was cute and wanted to watch more topher grace. so we looked up this and had no idea it existed.

it reminded me of the teen movies I watched as a teen (in the 90s) but trying to be 80s but not quite but also not spoofy but maybe accurate I don't know, all I know is 80s teen movies were more 80s-like.

it had a sweet soundtrack though.

• joelhwa

★★★ Watched by joelhwa 25 Nov, 2011

6/10: Completely nailed the 80's styleI It's almost like watching typical teen-comedy-romantic movie from the 80's, but rediscovered in 2011. There really isn't anything special about this movie, as the plot was unremarkable, like in many movies from that period of the same genre. They even got that right!

• Zim Dela Peña

Watched by Zim Dela Peña 07 Dec, 2014

Fuck it!

• Inés Eugenia Muñoz Sanz

★★★★ Watched by Inés Eugenia Muñoz Sanz 20 Nov, 2014

Mil gracias a Topher Grace por animarme esta tarde de jueves, realmente lo necesitaba :D.

• Adrian Zachow

★★ Watched by Adrian Zachow 03 Nov, 2011

Disappointing attempt to recapture the spirit of classic John Hughes comedies from the 80s. Video store clerk (Topher Grace) lies to high school crush (Palmer) about being employed at Goldman Sachs, and ends up having a night out at parties with her. In the meantime, his crazy friend (Fogler) has all sort of wild cocaine fueled antics. Also, his sister (Faris) is proposed to by a guy of dubious qualities. The Grace / Palmer romance has it's moments, and is…

• Kip Bowman Jr.

★★★★½ Rewatched by Kip Bowman Jr. 18 Sep, 2014

"Tonight, we're not thinking... just doing."

I don't care what anyone says I enjoyed the hell out of this movie. Sure is it cliched and almost a parody at times. Yes. But that doesn't stop me from loving this movie!

I just love movies that take place during the vents of one big night.

I thought Topher Grace was fun in this movie. I grew up watching him on That 70's Show. Anna Farris was good as his sister. Dan…

• Steve "The Schmuck" Pulaski

★★★ Rewatched by Steve "The Schmuck" Pulaski 15 Sep, 2014

"Whatever you do is what you're going to be, and I just don't know what I want to be...yet." - Matt Franklin (Topher Grace), Take Me Home Tonight

Rewatched for the third time since I started college today and decided I wanted at least one more dose of goofy, post-college listlessness.

When I first saw Take Me Home Tonight, I loved it and tried to defend it as a masterpiece of comedy. I was reading too deeply into personal affection…

• JaySalahi

★★½ Watched by JaySalahi 14 Jul, 2012

C+ (78)

• Juan Espinoza

★★★ Watched by Juan Espinoza 12 Oct, 2011

Parcializado por mi amor a los 80's igual encontré esta película algo genérica, quizás hasta en eso fue fiel pues la historia es puro cliché ochentoso. Igual vale la pena verla por el genial soundtrack que no se va a los one hit wonders obvios y por la ambientación que está bien lograda de una manera sutil sin llamar demasiado la atención a si misma. A destacar? Michael Biehn y Dan Fogler.

• Agnis