• LifeQuest

★★ Watched by LifeQuest 04 Apr, 2015

A lot of the humor of this movie is based on awkward moments which makes it more realistic, but it also just made me feel bad for the characters.

• Otiose

★★½ Watched by Otiose 29 Mar, 2016

Four years after graduation, an awkward high school genius uses his sister's boyfriend's Labor Day party as the perfect opportunity to make his move on his high school crush.

• Armando Vanegas

★★★★ Watched by Armando Vanegas 25 May, 2013

In 1988 Los Angeles, Matt (Topher Grace) is a college graduate who’s working at a video store while trying to decide what to do next. His sister Wendy (Anna Faris) is planning to go to college while dealing with moving in with her boyfriend Kyle (Chris Pratt). Grace reunites with a former high school crush, Tori (Teresa Palmer) while at work. He comes up with a lie about being a banker in order to impress her. Kyle is throwing a…

• Dan

★★★ Watched by Dan 05 Feb, 2016

As far as fake 80's teen comedies go, it's not the best (Adventureland), but it's a bit of an underdog, so there's that going for it. Soundtrack is fun, as is par for the course. But what sets this movie apart? Cocaine, and SUNCOAST VIDEO. Demetri Martin and Dan Fogler provided like 95% of what was funny. It was formulaic, albeit charming, and by the end, I was about as invested in the characters as I should be. Pitch perfect ending and final shot.

• Matt Hurt

★★★½ Rewatched by Matt Hurt 20 May, 2014

Read my movie and TV reviews at ObsessiveViewer.com
    You can also listen to my weekly movie/TV podcast at OVPodcast.com

• Gabriel Normand

★★½ Watched by Gabriel Normand 27 Jan, 2016

Wasn't bad but nothing really special either. I got what I was looking for.
    I only watched it because of Topher Grace and I was surprised to see a pre-stardom Chris Pratt...crying like a baby.

• Niall Blackie

★★ Watched by Niall Blackie 03 Jan, 2016

I remember when this was due for release my local Cineworld cinema had shown trailers for this and had poster up advertising it, and I thought to myself this looked rather good. So when they didn't show it I found myself complaining to the cinena staff and when that got me nowhere (except a few pissed off looks) I wrote to complain to Cineworld's customer services, again this got me nowhere.

Now almost five years later I have finally got round to watching it and my overarching feeling is, why the fuck did I kick up such a fuss over THIS movie.

• Brendan Edwards

★★★ Watched by Brendan Edwards 22 Dec, 2015

Topher Grace is starting to grow on me after i first was introduced to him in that 70's show some years back. Lately i have seen a couple of films with him and he is actually a very likable actor just like this film is fun, light, charming and with a swinging soundtrack.

• Clay Bones

★★½ Watched by Clay Bones 04 Dec, 2015

This goes against pretty much everything I enjoy about films but it actually wasn't too shitty.

It could be due to my increasing admiration for Teresa Palmer or that I actually caught myself laughing on more than one occasion. I mean the story does pile on the same preachy bullshit that many teen dramas feed you over and over but the 80's vibe at least keeps it refreshing.

• Randy

★★ Watched by Randy 25 Nov, 2015

Take Me Home Tonight was a movie that actually shot in 2007 but because of the consistent cocaine use the film was shelved until 2011 which is kind of too bad because the most notable stars in the film kind of lost their star power during that period. Topher Grace was coming off That 70's Show in 2007 but really never had a truly strong role during the time period. Grace had a lot of involvement including crafting the story…

• Mathew Buck

★★★½ Watched by Mathew Buck 16 Nov, 2015

A throwback movie about a guy named Matthew (Topher Grace) who works in a video store? Sometimes it seems like a movie's speaking to you. Filmed in 2007, it was apparently shelved until 2011 (apparently because of the film's drug use, which seems odd, given it's not condoned), where it was largely ignored upon release. Yes, it's an 80s throwback, but it's not a parody so much as a love letter to those classic John Hughes comedies, and the movie…

• JurassicGriffin

★★★★★ Rewatched by JurassicGriffin 05 Nov, 2015

I love this movie more every time I see it. I relate to the main character a whole lot.