• Brett Hatten

★★★★½ Added by Brett Hatten

A bit of a slow burner but worth it! Recommended. (P.S. It was filmed in Ohio)

• Beau Folsom

★★★★★ Rewatched by Beau Folsom 23 May, 2015

So I just had possibly the most profound viewing experience of my entire life.

It's weird, because I've seen this movie before. The first time I saw it, before I was diagnosed with schizophrenia, it was with my parents and one of my sisters. I didn't hate it, but I wasn't blown away either. I simply didn't connect with it all that much. By the second viewing I had been diagnosed, and I loved it. It became a favorite. To…

• yaykisspurr

★★★½ Watched by yaykisspurr 04 Nov, 2012

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

The pacing of this movie was terrible and became really irritating at times. The ending was disappointing in that it felt so light compared to the heavy subject matter. At the same time I really admired much of what went into the performances as well as the story and the writing.

Probably the most puzzling to me was how reviews said the end was ambiguous and open ended while I felt it definite and certain. The oily motor oil rain…

• katakarin

★★★★½ Watched by katakarin 20 May, 2015

___________________________________________________________
    Film 2 of the "Scavenger Hunt #2" Challenge!
    letterboxd.com/naughty/list/scavenger-hunt-2
    ___________________________________________________________
    I love the idea of questioning a main characters sanity; is he sane and the world crazy, or the other way around? I think this may be the best depiction of the idea that I've seen since Black Swan (I really liked Black Swan). Aside from the story, we have some excellent performances and a beautiful set. What more could I ask for?

• Rob Samuelson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Rob Samuelson 18 May, 2015

On the shortlist for "best of the decade," which, if you haven't noticed, is something I've been contemplating lately.

• Leandro Santana

★★ Watched by Leandro Santana 18 May, 2015

Netflix

• Fran Clemente

★★★★★ Watched by Fran Clemente 17 May, 2015

Logra la máxima del cine: transmitir. Es acongojante.

• Alex Lovendahl

★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Lovendahl 11 May, 2015

Details largely make a suspense film. The plot primarily works toward a conclusion, so the way it arrives at that conclusion is by its small pieces. There are some huge scenes within that description, however, and each of these is unforgettable. But it is details, like the fact that the daughter has only partial hearing loss, that make Take Shelter especially interesting.

It is rare that a score becomes my largest complaint about a film, but it is an icon…

• Selmara

★★★★½ Added by Selmara

ενα οσκαρ επιτελους στον αγοραρο καποιος

• Michael Grande

★★★★½ Rewatched by Michael Grande 04 May, 2015

Mom and Jake suck for not liking this

• Arsal Amir

★★★★★ Watched by Arsal Amir 26 Apr, 2015

Take Shelter captures you in an uncomfortable sense of unease, channelling your innermost fears until its breathtaking finale like dynamite with a long fuse.

• Jason Ooi

★★★★½ Watched by Jason Ooi 23 Apr, 2015

Check out this review and others on my personal website!

You've got a good life, Curtis. I think that's the best compliment you can give a man; take a look at his life and say, 'That's good'.

Take Shelter is a movie about the apocalypse without any impending apocalypse. It is a movie about disaster without any real disaster.

It is a movie, at its core, about a man battling fate, afraid of losing what he loves most. In the…