• The Motorcycle Boy

★★½ Rewatched by The Motorcycle Boy 04 Oct, 2015

• Luca Lagerstrom

★★★★★ Watched by Luca Lagerstrom 26 Sep, 2015 3

"There is a huge storm coming, and not a one of you are prepared for it!"

I am going to, for this review, skip the introduction and get right to the point, before my thoughts manage to drift away from my mind and I will have nothing to write down here.

My god. What a film. So utterly powerful, emotional, strong, chilling. I never cry in films, I NEVER cry in films, I have only cried in one film and…

• Aljosa

★★★★ Watched by Aljosa 24 Sep, 2015

Nichols is immensely talented and this film is great. I need to see Mud.

• Avaitor

★★★★ Watched by Avaitor 19 Sep, 2015

It starts off slow, but picks up as a solid thriller before long. The performances all around are what make it, although the writing could have used an extra punch to it.

• Jesse

★★★★ Watched by Jesse 18 Sep, 2015

An unnerving and terrifying look at mental illness.

• Willy Evans

★★★★ Watched by Willy Evans 14 Sep, 2015

Is it sacrilege to say I like Shotgun Stories more?

• Chase Detrick

★★★★½ Added by Chase Detrick

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

That feel when your paranoid schizophrenia is actually an end-of-days premonition.

• Kelly Simpson

★★★★★ Watched by Kelly Simpson 13 Sep, 2015

Watching Take Shelter was one of the best things I ever decided to do.

• Christopher Duke

★★★★★ Rewatched by Christopher Duke 09 Sep, 2015

So this is either a story of a family staying together in the face of the enormous challenges presented by mental illness, or, a story of how that same family was pulled under by the impossible weight of mental illness. Or, as my very astute wife puts it, a story of how crazy ass Michael Shannon is the only one who accurately predicts the impending apocalypse. Or something else entirely.

Regardless, through the pinhole of a very specific place and…

• Rocker

★★★★½ Watched by Rocker 08 Sep, 2015

Good god, this movie evoked some fears in me. The fear of not protecting your family, the fear of failing them or leaving them. The state of being unease watching this and feeling what Curtis (played by the great Micheal Shannon) felt, made me pause the movie many times. However, I was clapping in that scene near the end, taking that leap meant a lot to me and, I think, to everyone whoever watched it. Jeff Nichols is a gifted filmmaker whose upcoming work will definitely be anticipated.

• Steve Moyle

★★★★½ Added by Steve Moyle

This is a great character study of a middle aged man coming to terms with the subject of mental illness. Perhaps the best thing about the film is that it's about a man who was seemingly healthy mentally feeling something he was unfamiliar with until now and trying to cope with it and the effects it has on his family and everyone else around him. It's a great concept and results in a near masterpiece, the only reason why I…

• José Malvárez Carleos

★★★★ Watched by José Malvárez Carleos 27 Apr, 2014

una historia sobre supervivencia, confianza y credibilidad, pausada pero mantiene la tensión hasta su esperado final