• Aadya

★★★★½ Added by Aadya

You will indulge in Michael Shannon's mental Meltdown..! #Ace
    I will forever cherish the friend who recommended me this..!

• William Kretschmer

★★★ Watched by William Kretschmer 14 Oct, 2014

Plagued by a series of apocalyptic visions, a young husband and father questions whether to shelter his family from a coming storm, or from himself.
    The movie has atmosphere and a good cast, but the whole story is based on the question "Is this only in his imagination?" so that the last scene is predictably the answer to that question, and there are only 2 options: yes or no.

• Dielfo

★★★★½ Watched by Dielfo 20 Nov, 2015

Preocupado por la posible llegada del Apocalipsis, el General Zod está decidido a no dejar que su planeta vuelva a destruirse como pasó en Krypton; así que decide tomar el control en sus manos e inicia un viaje hacia la posible destrucción de su matrimonio; siendo el peor esposo y padre posible, el kriptoniano empieza a dilapidar sus finanzas arrastrado por su miedo a los pájaros. Jessica Chastain es la razón por la que esta familia no termina viviendo bajo un puente.

• Kevin White

★★★★½ Watched by Kevin White 21 Nov, 2015

I had no idea Jeff Nichols and Ben Nichols of Lucero were brothers until the end credits started rolling and now I feel like I just cracked some kind of secret indie code.

(Also this film is terrific.)

• Serge The Movie Guy

★★★★★ Watched by Serge The Movie Guy 20 Nov, 2015

(Short Review)

"Take Shelter" is more than just a movie. It's an experience. The acting was just perfect, the directing was perfect, the cinematography was perfect, and the music was also great. Some of my favorite parts was whenever there is dialogue, most of the time there is no music playing. The dialogue itself just captures the moment. So, yeah. I really don't have any problems with this movie at all. I think it's worth a watch.

10/10 (A+)

Techs 17/20
    Entertainment 20/20

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★★½ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)

• shotgunassassin

★★★★ Watched by shotgunassassin 07 Nov, 2015

Would have gotten a near full score if it wasnt for the at times intrusive and annoying score.

• ArtyFarty

★★½ Added by ArtyFarty

Eigentlich ein ganz interessantes Thema. Ein Typ bildet sich ein die Welt geht unter und er baut sich deswegen ein Schutzraum. Soweit ist der Film auch ganz gut, weil er zeigt, wie die Familie versucht mit seiner Angst umzugehen. Nur leider ist die Auflösung des Film in meinen Augen sehr bescheuert.

• Mathias Block

★★★★½ Rewatched by Mathias Block 20 Mar, 2015

Already one of my all time favorites.

• circean

★★★½ Added by circean

It's truly a directorial feat that Take Shelter can crawl along as slowly as it does and still remain interesting. The story seems a little thin sometimes, but the characters are well crafted and likable enough that they fill in any gaps.

• honorsphysics

★★½ Watched by honorsphysics 31 Oct, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Strikes a balance between the intra-familial pain of mental illness and major environmental disturbance. Even at the end, we're unsure if Curtis is developing schizophrenia. Yes, a giant, off-putting storm is coming, but does that mean the medical history and evidence lines up?

Very contemplative, and I'm glad to see some very nice, clean, composed shots. There's a strong atmosphere, which seems very challenging in the simple, straightforward setting.