• Mandalore

★★★½ Added by Mandalore

Impressive craft and care are taken to give us a work that begs us question sanity itself. Stellar performances, and a startling conclusion, yet a seemingly misguided theme causes this one to miss the mark just slightly.

• AlecinRealLife

★★★★ Watched by AlecinRealLife 11 Apr, 2015 1

really meditative, they could have gone for more of a shock effect but I'm glad they didn't. got some serious A Serious Man vibes from the ending but in such a different context. shannon and chastain were both superb

• craselrau

★★★★★ Added by craselrau

Extraordinaria!

• sg587565

★★★★ Added by sg587565

great movie, takes the premise of a disaster to explore mental illness and how people react to those suffering from them. Michael shannan gave imo the best performance of the year.

• Reece Leonard

★★★★½ Added by Reece Leonard

The whole thing plays like a dark symphony; a slow buildup of tension and dread for this coming storm that you never know is real, culminating in a captivatingly poignant finale. This kind of thing isn't easy to pull off, and it's a testament to Nichols' direction that it works so well, as well as Shannon and Chastain's perfect performances.

• Steven Cohen

★★★½ Watched by Steven Cohen 21 Feb, 2015

The Good: Jeff Nichols's Mud was one of my favorite films of 2013, so even I am surprised that it took me so long to catch up on some of his previous work. His 2011 film Take Shelter was released just as actors Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain fully entered the greater public consciousness as performers of note. This movie is a great indicator of why the two are so highly regarded now. As married couple Curtis and Samantha LaForche,…

• William Teasdale

★★★★★ Watched by William Teasdale 08 Apr, 2015 1

"okay"

• Alex Lovendahl

Watched by Alex Lovendahl 07 Apr, 2015

I don't know why, but it just didn't work for me. The production was too hokey, or maybe it was the writing using clichés, I don't know. I wasn't feeling it at all. Maybe I'll come back.

• hugoball49

★★★★ Watched by hugoball49 06 Apr, 2015

Is anyone seeing this?

• MogulsReview

★★½ Added by MogulsReview

Kind of goes back and forth at times and you don't always know when the ending is. A bit of a letdown but still entertaining.

• Anna Bean

★★★★★ Rewatched by Anna Bean 06 Apr, 2015

"Oh rain and storm and dark skies
    Well now they don't mean a thing
    If you got a girl that loves you
    And who wants to wear your ring."

- Bruce Springsteen

• Caleb brown

★★★★★ Added by Caleb brown

If this film, Michael Shannon in particular, does not move you then I feel sorry for you. I found this film and watched it immediately and I was blown away. A lot of people have mixed feelings about the ending, but I find it to be a satisfying end to the film. It is as ambiguous as the entire film leaving us to wonder. I have my own thoughts about what the film is really about. But regardless of your stance this is a masterpiece and a must watch for anyone with a pulse.