• travis_bickle76

★★★½ Watched by travis_bickle76 31 Aug, 2014

Imagine Field of Dreams and Noah without the baseball or animals. Take Shelter sees Michael Shannon as a loving father who starts to have strange dreams and premonitions about impending doom. Shannon a much underrated actor shines in the role of the tormented parent. Jessica Chastain provides great support as his partner.

• Oliver Ringwald

Watched by Oliver Ringwald 23 May, 2014

Eigentlich ein sehr guter und vielschichtiger Film, dessen Ende leider die komplette Wirkung zerstört.

• Cosmic_Samurai

Added by Cosmic_Samurai

I'm apparently in the minority when it comes to people's thoughts on Take Shelter. This movie was perhaps the most slow paced movie I've ever seen, and not in a good way. Nothing happens throughout most of the film. It seems like most of the time is spent in doctor's offices or at insurance companies, with boring dialogue and subpar acting. The plot makes about zero sense, with Michael Shannon's character having nonsensical dreams about an upcoming storm that can…

• dave

★★★★½ Watched by dave 25 Aug, 2014

This is an excellent movie. Normally the slow paced flicks kinda bore me, and this one is definitely slow paced. But the main characters descent into what he and everyone else thinks is madness is so strong i almost felt it myself. And that ending, so slow and subtle but still chilling, great stuff. The effects were beautiful, the acting was great and the story was fantastic. I highly recommend this one to everyone.

• AlexZ

★★★½ Rewatched by AlexZ 22 Aug, 2014

La segunda vez como que pierde fuerza, pero los actores y el estilazo que tiene la dirección lo compensa todo.

• Jacob Smith

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jacob Smith 22 Aug, 2014

Didn't fully appreciate the ending first time I watched this film. How silly I was.

• Stef

★★★★½ Watched by Stef 22 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Joe Bloggs

Watched by Joe Bloggs 24 Jan, 2011

The Man Who Cried Storm

• Jason Kaiser

★★★½ Watched by Jason Kaiser 21 Aug, 2014

Powerhouse performance by Michael Shannon elevates an otherwise mediocre film into something more. Ambiguous ending doesn't do a whole lot for me, but I can see why some would enjoy. See this just for Michael Shannon.

• Silvia

★★★★★ Watched by Silvia 20 Aug, 2014

Wow.
    One of the best films I've seen in ages. I'm blown away.
    What a powerful storyline! The acting, the score, the photography, the way schizophrenia is treated... everything is incredible.
    This really captivated me from the very first minute. And that ending... Michael Shannon gives his best performance.
    For me, the best film of 2011 (with the permission of my beloved Drive).

• radiomanhead

★★★½ Added by radiomanhead 2

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• JG Still

★★★★ Watched by JG Still 13 Aug, 2014

This is one of those film that is better the less you know beforehand. Michael Shannon's dark, brooding performance elicits both fear and sympathy as he descends into madness. Or does he?