• Dustin Kidd

★★½ Rewatched by Dustin Kidd 18 Oct, 2014

The first tale is.. Eh

Second terrified me as a kid and stuck with me for so long especially the final scene of that segment.

Third intrigued me and I did enjoy the twist not as horrifying as Cat from Hell but I liked it.

I have a soft spot for this movie catching it after a night of trick or treating when I was younger, my dad was watching it as I was sitting on the living room floor sorting through my candy, and its stayed with me ever since so I was happy to pick this up earlier this week for $5.

• Gregory Day

★★★ Watched by Gregory Day 16 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Robert Saucedo

★★★ Rewatched by Robert Saucedo 03 Oct, 2014

The piratical effects are outstanding but, to be honest, the whole package came up lacking in this revisit. It just lacks that extra drive that would push it into being an all-timer when it comes to horror anthologies.

• Radu Conopan

★★★½ Rewatched by Radu Conopan 21 Sep, 2014

In anthology style, a child tells three stories of horror to keep from being eaten by a witch.

• Rick Bman

★★★½ Watched by Rick Bman 18 Sep, 2014

Wraparound Story: Deborah Harry and Matthew Lawrence in a tale about a boy trying to stall a witch before she can eat him. This segment works in so much as it gets us to the other stories but the way the witch just seems to not worry about her dinner party and would rather hear the stories is kind of odd. You'd think she'd want to get that kid in the oven.

Lot 249: Christian Slater, Steve Buscemi and Julianne…

• M.A. DeRuyter

★★★½ Added by M.A. DeRuyter

First things first: The middle segment, about a cat, is damn stupid. Shame on you for writing it, Stephen King. The first segment is very fun, with Christian Slater and mother-effin' Steve Buscemi in the house, based on a story by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. The last segment is my favorite, loosely based on an old Japanese folktale that was coincidentally also put to film in KWAIDAN. This movie's not CREEPSHOW, but I was surprised at how strong a horror anthology it is.

• James Id

★★★ Rewatched by James Id 09 Jul, 2014

Horror anthology with a tad too much whimsey. A movie adaptation of a tv show that was an adaptation of Creepshow.

• Andrew Bemis

★★★ Watched by Andrew Bemis 07 Jun, 2014

Tales from the Darkside: The Movie didn't leave much of an impression on me when I was a kid (though I liked the show), but I wanted to revisit it after repeatedly hearing horror fans refer to it as the real Creepshow 3. Much of the film's cast and crew worked on the earlier Creepshow movies, and director John Harrison composed the scores for Creepshow and Day of the Dead. After rewatching it, I still have a slight preference for…

• Jerry Downing

★★★½ Rewatched by Jerry Downing 23 Jun, 2014

Pretty solid anthology film. I think the second story is the best. It's about an old man hiring a hit man to kill a cat he believes is trying to kill him. The first story and the wraparound with Deborah Harry are also both good. For me, the weak link is the last one. A good ending on it though.

• Melody

★★½ Watched by Melody 09 May, 2014

Well that shut me up… a little… after moaning that this is how the Tales from the Crypt movies should've been done I can't say this was any better, but the connecting segments are the best thing going here with Deborah Harry *perfectly* conveying how bored the audience (well, me) are by the 3 stories and Matthew Lawrence doing the adorkable "Fred Savage in Princess Bride" thing. I completely zoned out of the main stories otherwise, but that could be…

• Fawndolyn

★★★½ Rewatched by Fawndolyn 30 Apr, 2014

I can never remember if I like this one whenever I sit down to watch it, but then Deborah Harry comes on all delightfully evil.

Of all the stories, Timmy truly did save the best for last, though the black cat one is always a favourite.

• No-Personality

★★½ Rewatched by No-Personality 30 Apr, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.