• Ty Sheedlo

★★★½ Watched by Ty Sheedlo 23 May, 2015

Frame narrative: really fun and simple
    1st story: based off of a sir arthur conan doyle story, solid, some good kills, HAS A STAR STUDDED CAST
    2nd story: from Stephen King, some GREAT kills, including one that I'd put in the hall of fame of horror movie kills, but the weakest overall
    3rd story: the strongest overall, though the middle lags, but it has amazing creature effects and is absolutely insane
    Overall: a fun anthology that isn't incredible, but better than anything in recent years save Trick r Treat and Three Extremes.

• Bob R.

★★½ Rewatched by Bob R. 17 May, 2015 1

Tales from the Darkside is a genuinely fun horror anthology featuring early appearances from Steve Buscemi, Christian Slater and Julianne Moore. Adding to the looniness are bits from character actor William Hickey and musical performers (and actors) Debbie Harry and David Johansen (a.k.a.: Buster Poindexter of "Hot, Hot, Hot" fame".) The movie is a little on the uneven side, and it doesn't display the same zeal that made Creepshow the high-water mark for movies of this type. Even still, I…

• Joe Cool

★★½ Watched by Joe Cool 11 May, 2015

This horror anthology is essentially Creepshow 3 and while I dug two of the shorts (cat from hell & gargoyle) the third (mummy) fell flat. I was really hoping this would be stronger, though, since it has such a solid aesthetic (I love everything about how this movie was filmed), cast, and pedigree. If it had another short that was good it would sit right alongside Creepshow in terms of quality but it doesn't so it ends up feeling kinda weak.

• Dan Scully

★★½ Added by Dan Scully

Better than some horror anthologies and worse than others. The middle segment is actually pretty special, but the rest are bland an non-engaging. None reach the thoughtful heights of things like Creepshow or The Twilight Zone.

• Cameron Wayne Johnson

★★½ Watched by Cameron Wayne Johnson 16 May, 2015

"Ain't nothin' gonna save you from a love that's blind; slip into the dark side across the line, on the dark side!" Yes, I am so white as to quote that John Cafferty much, much sooner than the Ice Cube one that's actually of the same name as this films' source material series, although I don't know how black Ice Cube truly is when he's naming songs after "Tales from the Darkside". From the director... who composed the score of…

• Tim Kunz

★★ Watched by Tim Kunz 14 May, 2015

"Don't you just love happy endings?"
    No Timmy, not this time. Not this time.

There is some pretty fun gore, I will give this movie that. Buster Poindexter has a great moment with a cat and there's a pretty good decapitation, but it was way too cheesy and not much fun for me.

• Ramses Flores

★★★ Watched by Ramses Flores 14 May, 2015

A very fun and goofy horror anthology from the crew that brought you Creepshow. There's so much here that will make you go, "Wait. What?" but the lack of logic combined with a lot of great practical effects makes this an entertaining watch.

• Mike P

★★ Watched by Mike P 14 May, 2015

So many innocent synth pads slaughtered.

• crystal

★★★ Rewatched by crystal 11 May, 2015

forever entertaining and fun.

• AuthenticAustin

★★ Added by AuthenticAustin

The synopsis sounds cool but I really did not enjoy. Which was a great disappointment because I usually love Horror Anthology movies. But this one just did not have enough horror in it. For an anthology film this movie only had three Stories. Worst of all, the three stories that were in the film were not that good. All were really boring and had no pay off to them. One of the stories was described as "A demonic cat". Sounds…

• Steve Norwood

★★★ Watched by Steve Norwood 08 May, 2015

A lot of familiar faces, some very young. Amusing old-school anthology, still holds up.

• Cory