• Kevin Shields

★★★½ Watched by Kevin Shields 01 May, 2016

It's very clear that this was intended to be a third Creepshow film, it has the same goofy charm amidst the horror and gore. Really liked this one, the arching story that brings the three shorts together is a modern day (for the time) version of Hansel and Gretel, sans Gretel. The Hansel character, or Timmy as he's known, tells the witch (Debbie Harry/Blondie) scary stories from a book of old tales to keep her distracted from eating him.

Two…

• Liam Hathaway

★★★ Added by Liam Hathaway

Not quite up there with the first two Creepshow films in my opinion, but it's also as close as the series will get to having a proper second sequel (the actual Creepshow 3 is a worthless pile of dogshit). This is still worth the watch to see a plethora of big names (Julianne Moore, Christian Slater, James Remar, Steve Buscemi, etc.) and some genuinely brilliant gore effects; it's just a shame that none of the stories really stand out as being brilliant.

• Samuel Márquez Rosado

★★★ Watched by Samuel Márquez Rosado 05 Feb, 2016

Historias medianamente interesantes, pero tampoco nada que te vaya a sorprender mucho o dar miedo, por así decirlo. Eso sí, un gran uso de efectos prácticos.

• Rainey Dawn

★★★½ Rewatched by Rainey Dawn 30 Oct, 2014

This film is not to bad - it's pretty good entertainment for fans of horror. It will liven up any 'dead' evening with a few laughs and thrills.

"Lot 249" is a fun Mummy story - pretty creepy but quite fun to watch. "Cat from Hell" is really good. I love cats and have three of my own but I don't think I want a cat like this one. "Lover's Vow" - Gargoyles. I love Gargoyles - and you don't…

• Sam

★★½ Watched by Sam 30 Mar, 2016

Another tragically uneven horror anthology. There are only three stories, and they vary in quality, leaving much to be desired overall - which is a total shame.

There's nothing unique about the film. It doesn't really bring anything new or memorable to the table. The effects are decent for the most part, and the visuals are pretty nice. Everything looks wonderful, and the score is great. The ensemble cast is basically the best part of this whole endeavor.

• Bob R.

Rewatched by Bob R. 27 Mar, 2016

Having just bought the new expanded soundtrack just out from the good folks at Waxwork Records, I wanted to take another look at the movie itself. Truth be told, this is one of the better horror-anthology movies out there. I've heard it referred to as "The Real Creepshow 3", and seeing as John Harrison has had his hands all over both franchises plus the fact that the third installment of that franchise was awful, I can kinda get behind the sentiment that this is the rightful heir to that vaulted series.

• Clare Wilson

★★★½ Added by Clare Wilson

The wraparound story really works to advantage here, as an imprisoned boy reads the stories Scheherazade-style to the witch planning to cook him, in hopes of delaying the inevitable. Enjoyable portmanteau with much better then average production values.

Best Segment: "The Mummy" is gross good fun.
    Worst Segment: "The Cat" has a very silly premise but does manage to halfway pull it off.

• Robb

★★★ Rewatched by Robb 03 Mar, 2016

• hamnut

★★★ Added by hamnut

Having a soft spot for anthology horror after spending way too many late nights watching UHF TV edits of crappy horror films and anthology horror series as a kid, I found this quite enjoyable and an interesting cultural artifact, to boot. Three tales as told by an encaged child about to be eaten by a suburban cannibal (as played by Debbie Harry) span a wide array of tonality and theme. The cast has a few gems (Julianne Moore, Steve Buscemi,…

• Jman76

★★★ Added by Jman76

Decent movie, some stories were better than others but overall it was cool. 3/5 OR 6/10

• Chris

★★★★ Rewatched by Chris 27 Jan, 2016

Wrap-around: ****1/2

Lot 249: ***1/2

Cat from Hell: ***1/2

Lover's Vow: ****

Overall a pretty good horror anthology flick with one of the best wrap-around segments of the genre.

• Nick Mancuso

★★★½ Watched by Nick Mancuso 02 Nov, 2015

As with any anthology film, you're more likely than not going to get a dud or two. However, the final story really sold this one and put it over the top.

Extra points from me for casting Debbie Harry as a camp drenched witch that eats children.