• Chris

Wrap-around: ****1/2

Lot 249: ***1/2

Cat from Hell: ***1/2

Lover's Vow: ****

Overall a pretty good horror anthology flick with one of the best wrap-around segments of the genre.

• Nick Mancuso

★★★½ Watched by Nick Mancuso 02 Nov, 2015

As with any anthology film, you're more likely than not going to get a dud or two. However, the final story really sold this one and put it over the top.

Extra points from me for casting Debbie Harry as a camp drenched witch that eats children.

• Jay Hoffman

★★★★ Watched by Jay Hoffman 16 Jan, 2016

Despite being more than 25 years old, this is a horror anthology that still offers plenty to its viewers. More than anything, this movie succeeded because it featured an incredibly talented cast, great writing, and good direction.

• jemercedes

★★★★★ Watched by jemercedes 01 Jan, 2016

This movie was filled with cheesy horror. I will probably end up watching this movie over and over again.

• Zackary Bender

★★★½ Watched by Zackary Bender 16 Jan, 2016

We open to a beautiful town. Music full of beauty and whimsy. A woman driving home with groceries. Peace... Until that woman prepares a kid as a meal. This wraparound story is the basis for three other tales from the darkside. All with its different qualities.

Story #1. A bunch of college yuppies compete for a stupid scholarship. How does Steve Buscemi's Edward get ahead and get revenge? Work hard? Pfft, fuck that! You buy a mummy, summon it and…

• valleygirl

★★★★★ Rewatched by valleygirl 20 Feb, 2015

Saw this anthology horror favorite introduced by the director at a Friday Night Frights event at The Cinefamily at The Silent Movie Theater.

• J Hobbs

★★★½ Watched by J Hobbs 01 Jan, 2016

My better half fell asleep on me, this passed the time until she awoke. What a cast! Blondie, Christian Slater, Steve Buscemi, Julianne Moore, James Remar, and Rae Dawn Chong. That's how you do it. Decent practical FX as well

• Owen Hughes

★★★ Watched by Owen Hughes 27 Oct, 2015

Similar in spirit to the Creepshow anthology horrors, but not quite as fun. Although, that said, I thought it was more well balanced than the usual fare.

• Jason M

★★★½ Watched by Jason M 14 Dec, 2015

Basic anthology flick with three short stories and a wraparound that see's Debbie Harry as a Witch preparing a young kid for dinner, whilst he tells her the content stories.

At one point in time there was going to be a Creepshow 3. Also there where plans to make a TV serial of Creepshow. That never happened and we ended up with Tales from the Darkside TV-show instead. It did quite well, and naturally that lead to this anthology feature.…

• bwm

★★½ Watched by bwm 02 Oct, 2015

Some nice effects but suffers in comparison to Creepshow.

• feudin

★★½ Watched by feudin 13 Nov, 2015

Oh has this dated. Though I don't think I can remember watching it when it came out. Neither scary nor funny enough. Like it was made for kids. Better off watching the original Creepshow again.

• Marty McKee

★★½ Rewatched by Marty McKee 15 Nov, 2015

Typically uneven dark-comic horror anthology...basically a CREEPSHOW 3. Only the final segment shows signs of life, though all three showcase impressive KNB effects. Take off points for a total waste of Robert Klein.

Full review at Johnny LaRue's Crane Shot: