• shellofsnail

Rewatched by shellofsnail 20 Feb, 2015

Print quality: B-.

• Sean Whiteman

Watched by Sean Whiteman 08 Feb, 2015

Started two nights earlier, continued last night in room and finished this morning. VHS.

• Emalie

★★½ Watched by Emalie 22 Jan, 2015

The best part hands down was in "Cat From Hell", when we see the (fake) black cat climbing all the way INTO David Johansen's (real) mouth, and then the (real/bewildered) cat struggle to climb OUT of Johansen's (very fake) mouth.

• Tim

★★½ Added by Tim

"Tales From the Darkside" was a fairly entertaining horror program in the 1980's, so it was only a matter of time until we saw a feature film, especially since anthologies were a hot medium at the time. The name is the only connection to the series, as everything else is completely unrelated, and despite the amazing amount of talent behind the scenes, the film is shockingly ordinary.

The first story, "Lot 249," written by Michael McDowell, is your standard revenge…

• hotsake

★★★½ Added by hotsake

I loved these anthology shows in the 80s and 90s while growing up, so the first two stories as well at the wrap around story are fun but forgettable stories but the last story "Lover's Vow" is awesome, reminds me of something that would've, could've, should've been in The Twilight Zone. "YOU PROMISED YOU'D NEVER TELL!!!"

• Christina

★★★ Rewatched by Christina 27 Oct, 2014

A fun anthology Horror movie....my favorite is the final segment with the killer cat although I enjoyed them all. Deborah Harry's between segments are also good with a bit of humor.

• Sean Andrew Brown

★★½ Watched by Sean Andrew Brown 04 Nov, 2014

As an owner of a cat who likes to shit in my bed whenever I make him mad, the cat story literally had me in stitches.

• Ian Strope

★★½ Added by Ian Strope

Anthologies are always tricky, but I had seen this as a kid, and the final piece always had an element that stuck with me as being truly scary. I think it hits on the idea of how people change, you can build a life with someone, and one day it can fall apart. Still the other two stories are kinda weak.

• Brakywaki

★★★½ Added by Brakywaki

I can't fucking believe my wife doesn't think 1990 Christian Slater is cute. I'm getting a divorce.

• Chris

Watched by Chris 26 Oct, 2014

I dig the bright, humorous sensibilities of CREEPSHOW but I also appreciate the visually darker and more grim material on display here. TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE succeeds in flexing the tone of the TV series, also shared by some better episodes of the 80s Twilight Zone and other anthology shoes of the time.

Glad I got to see this in 35mm and, in the process, get my first taste of DAWN OF THE DEAD in 35 ... on a TV…

• AJ

★★★★ Rewatched by AJ 26 Oct, 2014

Confirmed classic. Lovable.

• laird

★★★ Rewatched by laird 26 Oct, 2014 1

One star each for Dick Smith, KNB and everyone else.

I felt old when nobody else in the theater giggled at Buster Poindexter repeatedly saying "hot."