• Shane Tarnowski

★★★½ Rewatched by Shane Tarnowski 27 Jul, 2015

I love anthology films and this was just an over the top horror film and I fucking loved it but it's not as memorable as Creepshow.

• PatrickRipoll

★★★½ Added by PatrickRipoll

The involvement of King and Romero mean this is the actual Creepshow sequel. Outside of the very fun wraparound story (helpfully titled "Wraparound Story" in the credits) there isn't a ton of inspiration here, but it's incredible what some strong craft and real actors can do to elevate simplistic little spooky stories like this. Harrison takes the material just the right amount of serious and KNB were at the height of their powers, putting in some truly wonderful and grotesque…

• Josh Mockensturm

★★½ Watched by Josh Mockensturm 24 Jul, 2015

Film #5 of Scavenger Hunt #4 list
    Task #8: Film featuring a (human, angel, monster, animal) character with wings!

• Alan Gootnick

★★★★½ Watched by Alan Gootnick 18 Jul, 2015

Have never seeing this before, I almost wrote it off as a "Goosebumps" anthology. Boy was I pleasantly surprised! The Hansel and Gretel wrap around story with Debbie Harry and Matthew Lawrence worked well. Did I mention the cast of "soon to be famous" actors in this thing ?! Christian Slater! Steve Buschemi! Julianne Moore! The main heavy from 48 HRS! Rae Dawn Chong! David Johansen(HOT HOT HOT!). The cherry on top was the impressive practical efx.

• Jason Shah

★★★ Rewatched by Jason Shah 14 Jul, 2015

Ranked 4941 out of 6185 movies on my Flickchart.

• whitsbrain

★★★ Rewatched by whitsbrain 20 Jun, 2015

My original review of this film is almost entirely backward. My re-watch proved to me that "Lot 249" is the best story, with "Cat From Hell" being not as good. The weakest story is the one I originally called the best. "Lover's Vow" is a pretty boring romantic tale with a twist that I should have seen coming and I'm now embarrassed to say now that I didn't. Shame on me.

• SmokingPizza

★★★★★ Added by SmokingPizza

I like this a lot more than Creepshow.

• Chris Duck

★★★★ Watched by Chris Duck 02 Jul, 2015

Film #1 for Scavenger Hunt #4 - July 2015
    Task #11 - Film featuring a ceremony, ritual or other activity performed for the dead or on the dead!
    letterboxd.com/duckman/list/scavenger-hunt-4-july-2015/

I love horror anthology films. My ulterior motive for watching this was for research for my podcast, The Podcast Macabre (check us out on Facebook, iTunes, and Cave Radio), for an upcoming episode. The who's-who of early 90's casting for this makes it worth the watch alone, but this is a…

• Richard DeLong

★½ Watched by Richard DeLong 21 Jun, 2015

Such an empty horror anthology. Cheap looking and uninspired. Despite Debbie Harry as a deadpan child-eater. That was good.

• Galactrod

★★½ Watched by Galactrod 16 Jun, 2015

A wholly ambivalent piece of work

• Jordi Ararà

★★★½ Watched by Jordi Ararà 15 Jun, 2015

Sense tenir cap història veritablement remarcable, el conjunt acaba esdevenint prou diferencial i divertit. Tres històries entrellaçades que et dónen el plaer de veure la Debbie Harry cuinada al forn, un gat venjatiu sortint de dins de la boca d'un sicari a través de la seva tràquea, unes gargoles sensuals amb una prole la mar de simpàtica, i l'Steve Buscemi, la Julianne Moore i en Christian Slater veient-se-les amb una mòmia bastant fill de puta en un context universitari. Detalls gore i una idea que mescla terror i fantasia amb bastanta gràcia i encert. La compro, i en vull més.

• Matt Grillo

★★½ Watched by Matt Grillo 08 Jun, 2015

June Scavenger Hunt 1/30
    #21. A movie your parents wouldn't let you see when you were a kid.

letterboxd.com/grillo7/list/scumbalinas-june-scavenger-challenge/

Things I learned in Tales From The Darkside

1. I can get behind the idea of Debbie Harry as a suburban, child-eating cannibal more easily than I would have imagined. In fact, I now have serious questions about her post-Blondie days......

2. Mummies are not good at catching vases. You should probably not hire them to help you move.

3. This…