• Chris

Watched by Chris 26 Oct, 2014

I dig the bright, humorous sensibilities of CREEPSHOW but I also appreciate the visually darker and more grim material on display here. TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE succeeds in flexing the tone of the TV series, also shared by some better episodes of the 80s Twilight Zone and other anthology shoes of the time.

Glad I got to see this in 35mm and, in the process, get my first taste of DAWN OF THE DEAD in 35 ... on a TV…

• AJ

★★★★ Rewatched by AJ 26 Oct, 2014

Confirmed classic. Lovable.

• laird

★★★ Rewatched by laird 26 Oct, 2014 1

One star each for Dick Smith, KNB and everyone else.

I felt old when nobody else in the theater giggled at Buster Poindexter repeatedly saying "hot."

• Joe

★★★ Watched by Joe 26 Oct, 2014

really wanted the Robert Klein segment to be about a guy who is unable to stop his leg ... from killing

• Dustin Kidd

★★½ Rewatched by Dustin Kidd 18 Oct, 2014

The first tale is.. Eh

Second terrified me as a kid and stuck with me for so long especially the final scene of that segment.

Third intrigued me and I did enjoy the twist not as horrifying as Cat from Hell but I liked it.

I have a soft spot for this movie catching it after a night of trick or treating when I was younger, my dad was watching it as I was sitting on the living room floor sorting through my candy, and its stayed with me ever since so I was happy to pick this up earlier this week for $5.

• Gregory Day

★★★ Watched by Gregory Day 16 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Robert Saucedo

★★★ Rewatched by Robert Saucedo 03 Oct, 2014

The piratical effects are outstanding but, to be honest, the whole package came up lacking in this revisit. It just lacks that extra drive that would push it into being an all-timer when it comes to horror anthologies.

• Radu Conopan

★★★½ Rewatched by Radu Conopan 21 Sep, 2014

In anthology style, a child tells three stories of horror to keep from being eaten by a witch.

• Rick Bman

★★★½ Watched by Rick Bman 18 Sep, 2014

Wraparound Story: Deborah Harry and Matthew Lawrence in a tale about a boy trying to stall a witch before she can eat him. This segment works in so much as it gets us to the other stories but the way the witch just seems to not worry about her dinner party and would rather hear the stories is kind of odd. You'd think she'd want to get that kid in the oven.

Lot 249: Christian Slater, Steve Buscemi and Julianne…

• M.A. DeRuyter

★★★½ Added by M.A. DeRuyter

First things first: The middle segment, about a cat, is damn stupid. Shame on you for writing it, Stephen King. The first segment is very fun, with Christian Slater and mother-effin' Steve Buscemi in the house, based on a story by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. The last segment is my favorite, loosely based on an old Japanese folktale that was coincidentally also put to film in KWAIDAN. This movie's not CREEPSHOW, but I was surprised at how strong a horror anthology it is.

• James Id

★★★ Rewatched by James Id 09 Jul, 2014

Horror anthology with a tad too much whimsey. A movie adaptation of a tv show that was an adaptation of Creepshow.

• Andrew Bemis

★★★ Watched by Andrew Bemis 07 Jun, 2014

Tales from the Darkside: The Movie didn't leave much of an impression on me when I was a kid (though I liked the show), but I wanted to revisit it after repeatedly hearing horror fans refer to it as the real Creepshow 3. Much of the film's cast and crew worked on the earlier Creepshow movies, and director John Harrison composed the scores for Creepshow and Day of the Dead. After rewatching it, I still have a slight preference for…