• Mike DeRuyter

★★★½ Added by Mike DeRuyter

First things first: The middle segment, about a cat, is damn stupid. Shame on you for writing it, Stephen King. The first segment is very fun, with Christian Slater and mother-effin' Steve Buscemi in the house, based on a story by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. The last segment is my favorite, loosely based on an old Japanese folktale that was coincidentally also put to film in KWAIDAN. This movie's not CREEPSHOW, but I was surprised at how strong a horror anthology it is.

• James Id

★★★ Rewatched by James Id 09 Jul, 2014

Horror anthology with a tad too much whimsey. A movie adaptation of a tv show that was an adaptation of Creepshow.

• Andrew Bemis

★★★ Watched by Andrew Bemis 07 Jun, 2014

Tales from the Darkside: The Movie didn't leave much of an impression on me when I was a kid (though I liked the show), but I wanted to revisit it after repeatedly hearing horror fans refer to it as the real Creepshow 3. Much of the film's cast and crew worked on the earlier Creepshow movies, and director John Harrison composed the scores for Creepshow and Day of the Dead. After rewatching it, I still have a slight preference for…

• Jerry Downing

★★★½ Rewatched by Jerry Downing 23 Jun, 2014

Pretty solid anthology film. I think the second story is the best. It's about an old man hiring a hit man to kill a cat he believes is trying to kill him. The first story and the wraparound with Deborah Harry are also both good. For me, the weak link is the last one. A good ending on it though.

• Melody

★★½ Watched by Melody 09 May, 2014

Well that shut me up… a little… after moaning that this is how the Tales from the Crypt movies should've been done I can't say this was any better, but the connecting segments are the best thing going here with Deborah Harry *perfectly* conveying how bored the audience (well, me) are by the 3 stories and Matthew Lawrence doing the adorkable "Fred Savage in Princess Bride" thing. I completely zoned out of the main stories otherwise, but that could be…

• Fawndolyn

★★★½ Rewatched by Fawndolyn 30 Apr, 2014

I can never remember if I like this one whenever I sit down to watch it, but then Deborah Harry comes on all delightfully evil.

Of all the stories, Timmy truly did save the best for last, though the black cat one is always a favourite.

• No-Personality

★★½ Rewatched by No-Personality 30 Apr, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Mike Shayne

★★★½ Watched by Mike Shayne 19 Apr, 2014

Lot 249 is my favorite.

• Sc8lo

★★ Rewatched by Sc8lo 29 Oct, 2012

In the same vain as Creepshow with a lot of recognisable faces. Sadly not as good/fun as Creepshow.

• janae

★★ Added by janae

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Mr. DuLac

★★★½ Watched by Mr. DuLac 11 Apr, 2014

Cross your heart?
    -Gargoyle

George A. Romero, along with horror icon Stephen King, first gave us Creepshow in theaters, but then ran into a few problems when he tried to create a television series out of it. Does Romero own the rights to anything he's created? A few tweaks and a name change gave us four seasons of the horror anthology Tales from the Darkside on television before it came full circle with it's own theatrical film. Most fans would…

• Statler

★★ Watched by Statler 08 Apr, 2014

Competent, especially on the visual effects (thanks Tom), but the stories themselves are kind of limp noodles. Buster Poindexter fighting a cat sounds way more entertaining on paper than it is on screen.