• Sc8lo

★★ Rewatched by Sc8lo 29 Oct, 2012

In the same vain as Creepshow with a lot of recognisable faces. Sadly not as good/fun as Creepshow.

• janae

★★ Added by janae

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Mr. DuLac

★★★½ Watched by Mr. DuLac 11 Apr, 2014

Cross your heart?
    -Gargoyle

George A. Romero, along with horror icon Stephen King, first gave us Creepshow in theaters, but then ran into a few problems when he tried to create a television series out of it. Does Romero own the rights to anything he's created? A few tweaks and a name change gave us four seasons of the horror anthology Tales from the Darkside on television before it came full circle with it's own theatrical film. Most fans would…

• Statler

★★ Watched by Statler 08 Apr, 2014

Competent, especially on the visual effects (thanks Tom), but the stories themselves are kind of limp noodles. Buster Poindexter fighting a cat sounds way more entertaining on paper than it is on screen.

• Phil

★★½ Added by Phil

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Nick Lavigne

½ Watched by Nick Lavigne 08 Mar, 2014

I've never been a big fan of horror anthology movies like "Creepshow" or "Tales from the Hood". These movies usually only have one good story (i.e. the plane sequence from "Twilight Zone: The Movie) and the other ones are just fillers to stretch the whole thing into a 90-minute film. This one is different, though, in the fact that ALL four stories are awful.

The four segments presented in this movie are laughable, not the least bit scary (unless you're…

• carlofbaltimore

★★★½ Watched by carlofbaltimore 04 Mar, 2014

Strange little gem that I'm not sure I've seen before. The first segment stars Julianne Moore, Steve Buscemi and Christian Slater! The second segment is a great black cat story. The small screen feel of the writing and sets don't always translate to the big screen, but the film does capture the some of the creepy, dingy feel of the great show it is named after.

• Shawn Stubbs

Watched by Shawn Stubbs 03 Mar, 2014

Having never seen the TV show upon which this is based I can only guess that its fans were extremely disappointed in the terrible acting, awful stories, and horrendous effects.

• lionbeak

★★★★ Watched by lionbeak 02 Mar, 2014

I would have pooped my TMNT Walter Whites when I was a kid had I watched this back then. This is a lot more gruesome than I expected and a ton of fun.

• t-hom

★★½ Watched by t-hom 01 Mar, 2014

essentially the sequel to CREEPSHOW 2, this film delivers more of the same. an anthology horror film, with some impressive effects (and some not-so-impressive ones) is saved by great casting in every segment, as well as a fun sense of humor throughout. a fun distraction for fans of horror.

• Greg

★★★ Watched by Greg 25 Feb, 2014

On a lazy Saturday afternoon, order a pizza, make yourself a drink and watch this one. You get Debbie Harry resisting her urge to murder and eat one of the Lawrence Brothers because she can't get enough of his well-told Tales From the Darkside. Tales featuring a young Steve Buscemi, Julianne Moore and Christian Slater. Tales featuring Uncle Lewis from Christmas Vacation, the librarian from Ghostbusters and the cab driver from Scrooged. Tales featuring a mummy, a killer kitty and…

• Amanda

★★★ Watched by Amanda 15 Feb, 2014

Man, this could have been so much better, especially considering that most of the cast is pretty awesome. It also made me remember how sad I am that William Hickey couldn't live forever.