• TheCunningStunt

★★★★★ Added by TheCunningStunt

Taxi Driver is a masterpiece. It's one of the greatest films ever made and it truly is one of man's greatest accomplishments. Every single time I watch it, it just does something to me and nothing else can make me feel the way Taxi Driver makes me feel. It's a completely unique film and a unique experience that has never, or will ever be matched, equalled or rivalled. No matter what, I know I can always watch this and it'll…

• sschuster

★★★★★ Added by sschuster

Probably Scorsese's all time classic. A must see for DeNiro and Foster's performances, Chapman's cinematography, Hermann's score, and its representation of 1970's era New York City, and the political climate of the country in general.

• Cinedude

★★★★★ Rewatched by Cinedude 23 Aug, 2014 2

Loneliness has followed me my whole life, everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man. - Travis Bickle

Taxi Driver is the greatest american film ever created.

No matter how much hyperboles and praise I give this film; it will not do it enough justice.

If you have not seen Taxi Driver than you can not call yourself a fan of great cinema.

Whether or not it's my favorite film is purely up…

• SilentDawn

★★★★★ Rewatched by SilentDawn 23 Aug, 2014 4

An absolute knockout.

I love every second of this fever-dream masterpiece.

• Lee Tierney

★★★★½ Watched by Lee Tierney 20 Aug, 2014

Holy fuck.

• trolleyfreak

★★★★★ Added by trolleyfreak

De Niro first made his mark in Mean Streets and The Godfather Part II but it was his iconic performance in this controversial Palme d'Or winner that made him a megastar.

As Travis Bickle, the insomniac cabbie who wants to wash away the filth from the streets of New York, he gives a performance that has been much quoted and copied ever since.

Remember him for this and not for the lazy performances he gives nowadays..

• Viktor Jerner

★★★★★ Rewatched by Viktor Jerner 20 Aug, 2014

This just gets better and better with every viewing. I feel this is kind of a "Blade Runner"-film for me, a film that I had to watch several times before I could grasp its greatness. I have now reached that point with "Taxi Driver", after seeing it at least five times. Because this undoubtedly is a pretty masterful film, with a story, characters and themes that still echo to this day.

• MiguelSolo

★★★½ Watched by MiguelSolo 19 Aug, 2014

Pues digo yo que más o menos así sería la película de Rorschach si no se hubiese unido a los Watchmen

• Juan Buitrago

★★★★★ Watched by Juan Buitrago 17 Aug, 2014

Possibly Scorsese's best movie, after Goodfellas. DeNiro as his best, not only as a disturbing man but a lonely one. After the film's shocking ending it's easy to forget how wide-ranging it was - the political stuff, the date that goes horribly wrong and the glimpse of New York after dark.

An incredibly expressive movie - even the steam seems threatening! And that score by Bernard Herrmann is unforgettable.

• Dan O'Sullivan

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dan O'Sullivan 26 Jul, 2014

So dense and thorny and charged with moral queasiness that I think a rewatch or three would be necessary for me to have any substantial comment. One element that struck me strongly this time (first view in quite a few years) is the unsettled shifting of our viewpoint. We are with Travis-- seeing the city through his apocalyptic lens, glancing with sharp interest at the meter every time it goes up, getting trapped with him in the presence of that…

• Alison

★★★★★ Watched by Alison 17 Aug, 2014

The music is so spot on for this film. I'd like to think of Travis as an anti-hero rather than a villain. Great cinematography and storyline.

• wizardoffilms

★★★★½ Watched by wizardoffilms 17 Aug, 2014

I'm an idiot for waiting so long to watch this dark and twisted masterpiece. First of all, let me start off by saying how freaking handsome Robert De Niro was (and honestly, not bad for his age today). Secondly, Martin Scorsese's cameo was just fantastic.

Honest to goodness, this is a must-watch film. Maybe I haven't seen enough films in my lifetime but I've never seen anything like this before. Among one of my favorite scenes was the scene where…