• Lewis Herd

Watched by Lewis Herd 01 Dec, 2014

Great cinematography and acting, especially from Robert De Niro.

• dramamine

★★★★½ Added by dramamine

de niro's performance is fantastic. and the scenes when they film the streets are absolutely briliant

• Chris Tapsell

★★★ Watched by Chris Tapsell 18 Dec, 2014

Suspenseful and eerie, it's an unusual look at a man's descent into becoming an insane vigilante. The pacing and mood however is ruined by the bizarre decision to repeat the same 20 seconds or so of a song every single time music is played, which becomes agonizingly monotonous as the film progresses and is extremely difficult to ignore. Still, there are signature Scorsese moments of filmmaking - slowed down and sped up time, flashes of light, unique use of sound - throughout.

• Mi N.

★★★½ Watched by Mi N. 15 Dec, 2014

what's that one quote on parks & rec about jogging (something like jogging is healthy for you but at what cost)

like ok taxi driver is pretty boring imo, i know it's good, but god, at what cost??????? i sn00zed for the first hour with this misogynistic sense of entitlement and brooding 'i hate the world' trope like i felt revolted and i wanted to drop it so many times (srry for almost sinning u cinephile freakz) i can't connect with…

• alf025237

★★★★ Added by alf025237

filmaço. atuação impecável de Robert de Niro. Direção firme e competente. um clássico.

• Paul Kapsalis

★★★★★ Rewatched by Paul Kapsalis 14 Dec, 2014

"Loneliness has followed me my whole life, everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man."

Το Αριστούργημα του Scorsese.Ή μάλλον ένα από τα πολλά του αριστουργήματα.Το Taxi Driver είναι ένας ύμνος στην μοναξιά του ανθρώπου.Που μπορεί να οδηγηθεί κάποιος για να την αποφύγει.Ο Travis έκανε ότι έκανε γιατί έψαχνε μια διέξοδο...Ήθελε απλά να καλύψει το κενό της μοναξιάς του.Ο Scorsese χτίζει ατμόσφαιρα,ο DeNiro σε μια ακόμα σπουδαία ερμηνεία,όταν συνήθιζε να διαλέγει σωστούς ρόλους.Την…

• Kate Veismane

★★★★ Watched by Kate Veismane 14 Dec, 2014

Well hello there Robert De Niro in your early thirties. Looking goooood (acting too).
    One thing that kept me from genuinely enjoying this peace was saxophone. I do not like that instrument and here it was - playing almost constantly, threw me off a couple of times.
    Otherwise a quite interesting movie.

• joelhwa

★★★★ Watched by joelhwa 08 Dec, 2010

8/10: The critics call this a modern classic, and I know why. The film doesn't age after all these years. It's brilliantly directed by Scorsese, great dialogue (my fav - "you talkin' to me?"), and top-notch acting. Not to mention Bernard Hermann's score, which IMO is one of the best ever created in cinema history.

• NSlater90

★★★★½ Watched by NSlater90 13 Dec, 2014

Long overdue first viewing. There was a lot to like here for me, from soundtrack, to light, to camera movement, to voice over. I don't think I can say much that hasn't already been said about this film, certainly not of a first time viewing. But it's certainly one I think I'll see again at some point.

• Andrew Scott

★★★★★ Rewatched by Andrew Scott 13 Dec, 2014

The greatest hair cut of all time.

• Alex Krajci

★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Krajci 13 Dec, 2014

1976's Taxi Driver Is One Of My Favorite Films, I Like It Because It's Turning 40 Years Old In 2016.

• Connor