• Andy1234

★★★★★ Added by Andy1234

Perhaps the most penetratingly disturbed portrait of urban malaise and the psycological effects of war and isolation ever put to celuloid.

• MattRisnes

★★★★★ Rewatched by MattRisnes 29 Jan, 2015

It's easy to take films for granted, especially ones that have been renowned and lauded by seemingly everyone you've heard talk about film your whole life. Even films you've seen countless times and written extensively about can be taken for granted. Then you sit down and rewatch Taxi Driver and your jaw is somehow on the floor all over again. If you want to read my thoughts about the deeper meaning and undying relevance of the film, read this: mattrisnes.blogspot.com/2011/04/taxi-driver.html

• Caitlan

★★★★★ Added by Caitlan

One of my favorite movies of all time!! This movie made me fall in love with Robert De Niro when I was 17 years old. He will always be my favorite actor, ever. I was always fond of him but after seeing this movie I felt changed...I really did. I never cared about an actor as much as him before. His acting is amazing in this movie (I hate to throw that word around but it WAS amazing to me).…

• Brian Welk

★★★★★ Rewatched by Brian Welk 25 Jan, 2015

Second viewing, still a fucking masterpiece, and I have this very poster now hanging in my room. Can't wait to write more about this and will update this listing when I do.

• aldy

★★★★ Watched by aldy 28 Jan, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Taxi Driver was very good. Its strongest aspect was by far its atmosphere which was technically brilliant with some fantastic cinematography and a great score. Robert De Niro and Jodie Foster were great in it too, but Cybill Shepherd not so much; a lot of the time it felt like she was just waiting for De Niro to finish his lines so she could deliver hers, and she didn't seem like a fully-realised character. It was also very predictable and…

• Martin White

★★★★★ Added by Martin White

Masterpiece!!

• Tyrion Lannister

Rewatched by Tyrion Lannister 25 Jan, 2015 21

"I think someone should just take this city and just... just flush it down the fuckin' toilet."

Taxi Driver is the ultimate character piece. There is only one Travis Bickle. From the second we see the extreme close up of his eyes, Scorsese, De Niro, and Schrader are building this incredible character, this psychopathic menace with a warped set of morals.

The war never ended for Travis. He switched out his tank in Vietnam for a smaller, yellow one to…

• Jordan Ferrero

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jordan Ferrero 24 Jan, 2015

What can be said, that hasn't already been said? Scorsese's Taxi Driver was a revelation in American cinema. DeNiro's character Travis Bickle is portrayed masterfully in a dark, quiet, psychotic, and righteous kind of way. Taxi Driver is a timeless classic that will live on in cinema as one of the greats for all time.

• Antti Koskinen

★★★★½ Rewatched by Antti Koskinen 24 Jan, 2015

Rewatched Taxi Driver and it is as good as it gets. Superb shooting, solid performances and a movie which is timeless classic.

• Eduardo Gonzalez

★★★★★ Watched by Eduardo Gonzalez 24 Jan, 2015

My favorite Robert De Niro performance. A classic from Martin Scorsese who continues to impress me over the years.

• Luke McGowan

★★★★★ Added by Luke McGowan

Robert DeNiro's performance is flawless in Martin Scorsese's urban masterpiece, combining creepy intensity with cheerful charisma. Taxi Driver is seamlessly directed and features a hauntingly perfect jazz score. If there is perfection in cinema, this is it.

• Alex Tărău

★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Tărău 24 Jan, 2015 1

" Listen, you fuckers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who stood up."
    Travis Bickle's own personal nightmare perfectly fits mine. This filthy society turns good people into monsters.