• Katie

★★★½ Watched by Katie 26 Jul, 2014

???idk

• MatthewLB

★★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 23 Jul, 2014

"Are you taking to me?" The film is about a taxi driver who obsesses over a woman, while at the same time he tries to save a young prostitute. His mental instability makes him go to the extreme in certain situations. This movie was brilliant, I mean the directing was brilliant and Robert de Niro was brilliant has the taxi driver.

• M11

★★★★ Watched by M11 23 Jul, 2014

My 300th Watched Movie

I've waited a long while before watching this one because I wanted something special for my 300th movie and, boy, was it worth the wait... I'm not gonna go into a lenghty review right now, all I can say is that Taxi Driver thoroughly deserves all the praise it's got. More on this after a re-watch.

• Miles Jackson

★★★★★ Watched by Miles Jackson 22 Jul, 2014

so perfect. so, so, so, so perfect. The finest filmmaker since Orson Welles with his greatest film. Just incredible.

• Jordan_The_Bailiff

★★★★★ Watched by Jordan_The_Bailiff 19 Jul, 2014

In his memoir, Scorsese on Scorsese, Marty describes Travis Bickle in this way:

"[He] really has the best intentions; he believes he's doing right, he is very spiritual [...] Travis is an Old Testament figure in that sense: in order to be righteous and correct the only answer was to call down the wrath of God."

Having just watched The Last Temptation of Christ, I unknowingly viewed a religious double-bill from Martin Scorsese.

• Sourav

★★★★½ Watched by Sourav 26 Apr, 2014

This movie is one of the aggressive representation of insomnia in the cinema. Travis(Robert De Niro) is a Vietnam vateran who is unable to sleep, drives his taxi through the darkness of New York city by night. The film doesn't tell us what happened to Travis in his past. Maybe his Vietnam war experiences influenced his character. I mean just look at his character in this film. How a man can take his girlfriend to the theatre to watch a…

• Philmjohn

★★★★ Rewatched by Philmjohn 08 Jun, 2014

This is another one of those cinematic “folklore” films that is so ingrained in my collective cultural cache that I didn’t first watch it until my late twenties but always seemed to think that I had. This time around I chose to catch a midnight showing of the cult-ish classic and I'm glad I made the effort to see it on the big screen. Though it’s been a long while since I’ve watched Mean Streets, I have to say this…

• rewatchvalue

★★★★ Watched by rewatchvalue 18 Jul, 2014

Bickle is disgusted with the scum that roam the streets of New York and wishes to rid them from existence. Yet by attempting to help a young girl, he engages in violence, becoming the very thing that he hates.

It's interesting to note that Travis Bickle has become a landmark character in pop culture. A mentally deranged and racist man who is out of touch with reality, has captured the hearts of many film viewers.

There's a lot of room for interpretation and discussion. It fascinates me how everyone takes away something different from this film.

• camila

★★★★★ Added by camila

sometimes i think this might actually be my favorite movie y'know...... maybe IT IS

• astrohkid

★★★★★ Watched by astrohkid 13 Jul, 2014

I'm in love. A film with this much of a reputation should not have blown me away this much, but yet I was completely entranced. It completely shattered my expectations. The dim blurs that pass as streetlights fill the glowing city and its bustling nightlife. You feel like you're really there in Travis Bickle's taxi cab, watching him slowly degrade into the so-called hero that he's trying to become. In terms of character studies, this is perhaps one of the…

• Sherhan Mahmud

★★★★ Added by Sherhan Mahmud

Great night-time crime thriller movie. Love how the De Neiro in this movie wants to get rid of all the crime and bad shit in the city. The narrative structure of this movie was great

• Kezia Hutabarat

★★★★★ Added by Kezia Hutabarat

People only talk about Scorsese and De Niro, while we should also praise Paul Schrader. Without his script, I doubt Taxi Driver would be an acclaimed film.