• Kristian Cooper

★★★★★ Watched by Kristian Cooper 25 Nov, 2015

I think the epitome of Hollywood film would have to be the pairing of director Martin Scorsese and actor Robert De Niro. There is not a lot that hasn’t been said about one of the most influential films of all time and about of the most infamous figures in cinematic history our beloved Travis Bickle.
    This compelling story of a man, a broken man, struggling to fit into society after the difficulty of the Vietnam War, an individual who sees…

• CutTheBlueWire

★★★★★ Added by CutTheBlueWire

An enthralling journey into a damaged mind, Taxi Driver is endlessly interesting and easily one of the greatest character studies of all time.

• miked198

★★★★½ Watched by miked198 21 Nov, 2015

The story of a man disgusted by the society that surrounds him. After being rejected from being able to enter any normal type of life, he violently crashes into the system. Instead of being labeled as a killer, he is praised as a hero by the society he despised. This is Scorsese's best.

• Sal

★★★★½ Added by Sal

I loved Tommy Wiseau in this. Even if he was strikingly similar to Harvey Keitel

• Megs

★★★★★ Watched by Megs 21 Nov, 2015

"The days go on and on... they don't end. All my life needed was a sense of someplace to go. I don't believe that one should devote his life to morbid self-attention, I believe that one should become a person like other people."

• thezoomfilmblog

★★★★★ Rewatched by thezoomfilmblog 21 Nov, 2015

One of the most incredible films ever made. Masterfully put together, one of the greatest examples of visually storytelling ever made.

• FrankOS

★★★★★ Added by FrankOS

• imabathtub

★★★ Added by imabathtub

Taxi Driver is the type of movie where if you say anything bad about the film it is considered blasphemy, so do indulge my heretical ramblings. I did not personally enjoy the movie, but like a lot of older classics I could tell it was well done. I curse my modern sensibilities for destroying my ability to appreciate this film fully but that is the reality of the situation and one that must be accepted.

For the most part I…

• Nuno Costa

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nuno Costa 18 Nov, 2015

Viewed on DVD

Travis Bickle: Listen, you fuckers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who stood up.

Travis Bickle is to Robert De Niro like what Tony Montana is to Al Pacino.
    This is Robert De Niro's iconic role. The one that probably gets quoted to him the most. This film is more than…

• marceloaric

★★★★½ Watched by marceloaric 18 Nov, 2015

Psicodrama qualidade Scorcese.

• omar alsubaihi

★★★★ Watched by omar alsubaihi 18 Nov, 2015

Martin Scorsese knows how to direct drama movies, there is no doubt in saying that. This movie plays its lead character as a psycho that isn't really that insane, he just is infected by the filth and darkness of this world because he's a taxi and meets a lot of people everyday(hookers, junkies and all these types of scum) so he gets sick and tries to do something, and here starts our journey between unsuccessful relationships, sick riders and prostitutes.…

• foxjacofa2015