• Jason Hernandez

★★★★★ Watched by Jason Hernandez 08 Feb, 2016

Lonely, tortured cab driver Travis Bickle is the second best sociopath of the many great ones in Martin Scorsese movies (Rupert Pupkin, another Robert De Niro part, is my number one choice). Bickle is trapped in Hell, which a looks a lot like sleazy 1970s New York City where there's a suffering soul every three feet and the Times Square sex palace lights poke like needles at his nerves. Scorsese is the perfect director for Paul Schrader's script. Scorsese knows…

• Srijith Nair

★★★★½ Watched by Srijith Nair 10 Feb, 2016

Martin Scorsese's masterly Taxi Driver both encapsulates and transcends its times. If you haven't seen Taxi Driver, your education in film hasn't even begun.

• jto111

★★★★½ Added by jto111

A harrowing and stunning drama from director Martin Scorsese.

• Ana Loredo

★★★★★ Watched by Ana Loredo 08 Feb, 2016

Un Nueva York decadente, laberinto que pide a gritos mostrar la salida. La soledad y la terrible imposibilidad de lograr vinculos afectivos. Un hombre que no aguanta más. Una bomba de tiempo que se manifiesta con un solo objetivo: limpiar lo que nadie se atreve a enfrentar.

Parece que tenía que cumplir 40 años de su estreno para que yo la viera el día de hoy. Aún no entiendo como pude vivir sin esta explosiva joya de Scorsese. Genial!!!

• Josh McScily

★★★ Watched by Josh McScily 08 Feb, 2016

I was expecting more. But great camera work and acting.

I don't see why everyone thinks this is one of the best movies ever made. Maybe I just need to re-watch it but it didn't have me wanting more.

Though there are some really well done scenes, just wasn't as great as I was hoping.

• Haydn Elmore

★★★★★ Rewatched by Haydn Elmore 08 Feb, 2016

Still one of the best Films I've seen in my life.
    Happy 40th Birthday Taxi Driver

• warnerchild

★★★★★ Added by warnerchild

The fashion is set in stone, The direction is solid and Deniro is Untouchable

• Ryan Ward

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ryan Ward 08 Feb, 2016

mentally unstable nighttime taxi driver in New York City attempts to save an adolescent prostitute.

• Lucas Lucas

★★★★½ Added by Lucas Lucas

9,3

• Pippy

★★★★★ Watched by Pippy 07 Feb, 2016

Have you heard of that De Niro guy? He sure can act!
    I'm glad he's moving up from those Focker movies. He has a bright future ahead of him.

• Sam Hamer

★★★★½ Rewatched by Sam Hamer 07 Feb, 2016

Watching this on a broken TV really makes the film more surreal, but I digress.

Taxi Driver is an experience of a film. This fever-dreamish neo-noir is a beautifully gritty meditation on madness and loneliness. While I'm not as big a fan of this movie as other people are, I can't deny that this is one of Martin Scorsese's best (probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite), as well as one of the best films of the 1970's.

8.5 (out of 10).

• OpticPotato

★★★★★ Rewatched by OpticPotato 07 Feb, 2016

Such a great piece of character driven movie.

This is definetly my favorite Scorsese movie of those I've already seen.

The score, the cinematography, the actors, everything fits so good.

Following the main character Travis Bickle, Vietnam Veteran, Taxi Driver (unexpected, I know) and obsessed with "putting the scum down" during his work, his mostly unsuccesful dating life and his interactions with politicians, we get a clear view where he's standing and as the movie goes on Robert De Niro just explodes in his role. He is Travis in this movie and shows us how damn good he was or still is.