• zkorpi

Rewatched by zkorpi 30 Sep, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Daniel Reviews

>Production Design- 9/10
    -Sets & Props: 5/5
    -Costumes: 4/5
    >Music: 9/10
    OVERALL: 94/100
    GRADE: A+

• yrsurfinman

Rewatched by yrsurfinman 28 Sep, 2014

What is there to say? The cinematography, all wet, reflective surfaces--the score, by turns dreamy and dread inducing--it all puts you in the head of a sick man. One of the functions of narrative art--and perhaps cinema in particular-- is to put you inside the mind of individuals you ordinarily would avoid. Taxi Driver is a massive success on that front.

• Windyblue

Racial segregation
    Male supremacy
    Commodification of women's bodies
    Male sexual violence
    Rape culture - buying consent, sexual harassment, dehumanization of women, women as objects
    Misogynistic violence
    Sexualized violence
    Stalking
    Women's bodies and sexuality as the property of men
    Misogynistic slurs
    Homophobic slurs
    Nice Guy (TM)
    Violence against sex workers
    Extreme violence
    Rape myths - states that prostitution is (ever) someone "choosing" not to do something else instead. Pretends that the statistics that say "99% of…

• Christopher Day

★★★★★ Watched by Christopher Day 25 Sep, 2014

One of the greatest films of all time. Taxi Driver is pure Film-Noir cinema.

• Carmen Lucia Vilchez

★★★ Watched by Carmen Lucia Vilchez 27 Sep, 2014 2

I had much higher expectations and it ended up disappointing me a little bit...

• Luis Eduardo Melean

★★★ Watched by Luis Eduardo Melean 28 Sep, 2014

Not what i expected.

• KMOKLER

★★★★★ Added by KMOKLER

There's nothing to say about Taxi Driver other than there's nothing wrong with the film and that its a masterpiece.

• Michael Matthews

★★★★★ Added by Michael Matthews

It's not insane this movie was ever made. It's insane it was made so well. Would love to see it on 35 mm someday.

• warriors

★★★★★ Added by warriors

You're talking to me!!! i bought myself the special edition !! one of the greatest movies ever made

• Will Chadwick

★★★★★ Added by Will Chadwick

If I could give it six stars I would

• Ross

★★★★½ Watched by Ross 22 Sep, 2014

Everything that could be said about this film has already.

From a story perspective it is slow, focussed and meticulite: a character study of Travis. Something I definitely wasn't expecting going into it (from snippets I'd seen I was expecting something in the vein of a gangster mob-type thing).

The camera work is phenomenal, a perfect blend of colours and shots all done to near perfection. Every moment captured is edited to have a meaning and purpose.

I usually go…