• Dominic Woodcock

★★★★½ Rewatched by Dominic Woodcock 31 Aug, 2014

Travis and Betsy's relationship is just so uncomfortable to watch.

• Mandalorian

★★★★ Added by Mandalorian

The first time I watched and reviewed Taxi Driver, I didn't like it so much. I think I may have given it a 4/10, or something. Fastforward to today, the release day of the 35th Anniversary Blu-ray, and viola. I bought it, knowing how much I didn't like it before. I was willing to pay money for something I knew I didn't like, just to give it a second shot. So anyway, I rewatched it, and I actually got much…

• Alex Krajci

★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Krajci 31 Aug, 2014

1976's Taxi Driver Is One Of My Favorite Films, I Like It Because It's Turning 40 Years Old In 2016.

• valdesbian

★★★★★ Rewatched by valdesbian 30 Aug, 2014

The ultimate character study. Nothing beats watching Travis unravel against the gritty 70's New York City backdrop.

• James Utley

★★★★★ Added by James Utley

THIS IS AN OLD REVIEW FROM AGES AGO

New York City is a 'sewer' filled with 'animals' according to Travis Bickle in Martin Scorsese's fascinating masterpiece from 1976, about an unpredictable man who is struggles to socially interact like a normal person. If you haven't yet seen Taxi Driver, see it now, as this deeply disturbing drama both cleverly examines alienation in urban societies while combining elements from film noir and western movies and also includes perhaps the most iconic…

• calvinmurray

★★★★★ Added by calvinmurray

This is one of my favorite films of all time, and it includes my all time favorite performance which is De Niro as Travis Bickle. It also includes impressive performances by both Jodie Foster and Harvey Keitel.

• TheCunningStunt

★★★★★ Added by TheCunningStunt

Taxi Driver is a masterpiece. It's one of the greatest films ever made and it truly is one of man's greatest accomplishments. Every single time I watch it, it just does something to me and nothing else can make me feel the way Taxi Driver makes me feel. It's a completely unique film and a unique experience that has never, or will ever be matched, equalled or rivalled. No matter what, I know I can always watch this and it'll…

• sschuster

★★★★★ Added by sschuster

Probably Scorsese's all time classic. A must see for DeNiro and Foster's performances, Chapman's cinematography, Hermann's score, and its representation of 1970's era New York City, and the political climate of the country in general.

• Cinedude

★★★★★ Rewatched by Cinedude 23 Aug, 2014 2

Loneliness has followed me my whole life, everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man. - Travis Bickle

Taxi Driver is the greatest american film ever created.

No matter how much hyperboles and praise I give this film; it will not do it enough justice.

If you have not seen Taxi Driver than you can not call yourself a fan of great cinema.

Whether or not it's my favorite film is purely up…

• SilentDawn

★★★★★ Rewatched by SilentDawn 23 Aug, 2014 4

An absolute knockout.

I love every second of this fever-dream masterpiece.

• Lee Tierney

★★★★½ Watched by Lee Tierney 20 Aug, 2014

Holy fuck.

• trolleyfreak

★★★★★ Added by trolleyfreak

De Niro first made his mark in Mean Streets and The Godfather Part II but it was his iconic performance in this controversial Palme d'Or winner that made him a megastar.

As Travis Bickle, the insomniac cabbie who wants to wash away the filth from the streets of New York, he gives a performance that has been much quoted and copied ever since.

Remember him for this and not for the lazy performances he gives nowadays..