• wohlibear

★★★★★ Added by wohlibear

a masterpiece

• Ryley Mann

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ryley Mann 29 Jul, 2015

My second favorite movie of all time.

• Luke Ryan

★★★★★ Rewatched by Luke Ryan 30 May, 2015

A much loved and critically praised classic. And rightfully so. Martin Scorsese's 1976 masterpiece is a brooding, slow burning portrait of the mind of a damaged man. Travis Bickle, brought to life in such an affecting way by Rober DeNiro, drives through the New York City streets every night, in what seems to be more out of boredom than the need to keep up his job as a taxi driver. That boredom soon seems to turn to something much deeper…

• M11

★★★★★ Rewatched by M11 26 Jul, 2015

This just gets better and better every time I rewatch it. Mindblowing.

• Tim Burnham

★★★★★ Watched by Tim Burnham 24 Jul, 2015

Incredible. It would be quicker to list the issues than to have a discussion on its merits.
    The generic film noir score is the only real weak point of the film.
    Otherwise, this is an incredibly brave and honest film that captures so many different and difficult issues and explores them all equally.
    DeNiro is at his best, and although Scorsese never really seems to have a worst, he is as usual at the top of his game here.

• BeachesandCream

★★★★½ Added by BeachesandCream

it's better than just ok

• Emmanuel Serratos

★★★★★ Rewatched by Emmanuel Serratos 22 Jul, 2015

I'm not sure if there's supposed to be a deep meaning behind this movie, or I'm just dumb and it's just about some weird guy who killed some people. Either way it's still one of the greatest movies of all time, legitimately. Scorsese's directing with the score give the film a really eerie, sad feel to it. Like the music just makes me want to cry myself to sleep. The movie is strangely soothing though. I can't explain it. It…

• Audiences Everywhere

★★★★★ Added by Audiences Everywhere

"But, even within these gruesome, bloody final scenes, the sense of fantasy remains– another favorite image of mine from the film is that of Travis shooting himself in the head with a finger-gun gesture and a strange smirk on his face. This is the perfect climax to a basically perfect film about a highly imperfect man in an equally imperfect time, leading to an almost too perfect denouement that will affect you far more than any iconic line you might have been reciting in an exaggerated De Niro impression."

Read Sara Grasberg's full review here.

• Josh

Added by Josh

Saw it too young to truly appreciate.

• david0612

★★½ Added by david0612

The Taxi Driver hadn't deliverd how I had hoped. Martin Scorsese is an amazing at directing, so I thought it would good. I thought it was a slow and it wasnt interesting. The end was interesting, but overall i didn't enjoy it too much.

• M Kitchell

★★★ Watched by M Kitchell 25 May, 2011

I finally got around to watching this, mostly because I saw a production photo that made me realize just how dang hot Bobby De Niro is in this movie (especially when one considers that he is not even remotely attractive now).  But, in this, in terms of younger dudes, he is totally 100% my type, derpy and everything.  Also I love Jodie Foster so why hadn't I seen this?  I don't know.  The film is kind of really beautiful, the…

• t2kickassjedi

★★★★ Added by t2kickassjedi

Taxi Driver is a great neo-noir action flick. There's lots of tension being built up right from the start and it has a great concept and De Niro is great and the final scene is awesome but the first have of the movie is very slow.