• Merriweather

★★★★★ Added by Merriweather

If you have yet to witness the greatness of this film you are a sin against humanity!

• Alex

★★★★ Watched by Alex 29 Aug, 2015

It's about a lonely guy and his perspective on the inhabitants of NYC. Cinematography was good. Don't have much to say about this one. Maybe a bit overrated (please don't hate me).

• St-Christian Aldrin

★★★★★ Rewatched by St-Christian Aldrin 22 Aug, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Martin Scorsese's Taxi Driver is an overwhelming reality of violence, and remained as one of the darkest picture about the transformation of an innocent being due to the environment that he's in. Opening with a lot of smoke, the taxi looked like it was emerged from hell. Travis Bickle is the one that's driving that taxi, he lives alone in his messy apartment, he's an insomniac, he eats a lot of junk foods and sugar, and the only show he…

• thi_trinh

★★★★★ Added by thi_trinh

96%

• Danny Webster

★★★★★ Rewatched by Danny Webster 26 Aug, 2015 19

cleanse - verb
    -make (something, especially the skin) thoroughly clean.

-rid of something unpleasant or defiling.

-free (someone) from sin or guilt.

Cleanse is a word that floats around in my mind throughout Taxi Driver, Travis speaks of cleaning the streets of its dirt and nastiness. When he says these things, he refers to the pimps, the whores, the low-lives as he puts it across. He's obsessed with purity. When he sees Iris, he sees a purity being dirtied, he…

• Giovanni Deldio

★★★★★ Rewatched by Giovanni Deldio 26 Aug, 2015

My personal favorite Martin Scorsese movie this gritty classic is also one if the greatest films of all time. Indictive of its it captures is 70s time frame nyc perfectly.
    Robert De Niro gives a career defining performance. Complied with the rest of the great cast, the stylish directing, quotable lines, and tight editing to make this a perfect film. From the smokey opening to the ultra-violent climax, and the chilling ending, you can watch this classic countless of times. I know I have.

• Murphy Kenefick

★★★★★ Watched by Murphy Kenefick 26 Aug, 2015

This is truly a masterpiece, no other way about it. This is the best performance I've seen from DeNiro, haunting cinematography, incredible pacing, along with a script that at once entertains the emotions and laces dark ideas into very familiar and relatable characters.

• Arsal Amir

★★★★★ Rewatched by Arsal Amir 25 Aug, 2015

Ladies and gentlemen: Mr. Robert De Niro!

• Claire Fishman

★★ Added by Claire Fishman

There were moments of it that I enjoyed. De Niro's performance, for example, had glimpses of something I could get behind. But for the most part, I found this film incredibly pretentious. If anything, it was something for me to feel better about, as even Scorsese needed time to perfect his craft.

• BiblicalZombie

★★★★★ Added by BiblicalZombie

Paul Schrader's masterpiece is cinematised perfectly by Martin Scorsese. Robert DeNiro, fresh in the world of Scorseseville, stars as Travis Bickle, a soldier turned taxi driver who becomes overzealous towards a political volunteer Betsy. DeNiro being the method actor he is, obviously plays the role perfectly and is clearly the best actor of the bunch (The bunch being the cast who also perform to satisfaction or above (Jodie Foster))

Scorsese's knack for camera combined with Schraders talent for dialogue, story…

• nrbeaton

★★★★★ Watched by nrbeaton 25 Mar, 2010

Brilliant movie. A stellar performance from De Niro comes together with great direction, music and plot.

• Ramon Paolo Alfar

★★★★★ Watched by Ramon Paolo Alfar 20 Aug, 2015

I present to you Martin Scorsese's magnum opus.

"Taxi Driver" is not only a pop culture staple nor a career-defining for both Scorsese and Robert De Niro, but a cinematic achievement in every level. It is undeniable of how much impact "Taxi Driver" had.

Travis Bickle, one of cinema's greatest characters, is a discharged Marine, with no direction in life. Taking a profession as a cab driver and having a hunger for a vigilante lifestyle, Travis decided to take his…