• Carolinanz

★★★½ Added by Carolinanz

"Listen, you fuckers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who stood up"

• varna_k

★★★★ Added by varna_k

class

• Dave Sloboda

★★★★★ Added by Dave Sloboda

Another one that I haven't watched in a while, but damn...what a film!

• white rabbit

★★★★★ Rewatched by white rabbit 11 Apr, 2014

''Loneliness has followed me my whole life, everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man.''

• Gawronski

★★★★ Added by Gawronski

really weird action sequences but they seem to just be a sign of the times. other than that, one of the best performances ever probably? yeah

• bala_KB

★★★★ Watched by bala_KB 11 Apr, 2014

yeah..It is an indispensable film of world cinema history...Go and do watch this taxi driver.He will makes you to think like him.

• Paul Anthony Nelson

★★★★★ Added by Paul Anthony Nelson

Flawlessly chilling view of an eroding psyche (and a damaged city) disquiets more than any horror film. Pinnacle of a decade in which studio cinema was unafraid to take risks.

• Chevalier

★★★★★ Added by Chevalier

Almost every 20something male has feel like Travis at some point of their lifes. The difference is how each of us deal with our inner demons. Neverless, sooner or later they might surface, and they will want an offering to satisfy their hunger.

• mushumbadiwadi

★★★★★ Added by mushumbadiwadi

The more I watch this film the better it gets. From the music to the camera work to the performances, this film hypnotizes you from start to finish.

• PatrickRipoll

★★★★★ Added by PatrickRipoll

"I realize now how much she's just like the others, cold and distant, and many people are like that, women for sure, they're like a union."

Travis Bickle, Men's Rights Activist. A modern remake of this film would have the camera pan up to reveal not a mohawk, but a fedora. A+

• Jimmy Jones

★★★★½ Added by Jimmy Jones

I found it hard to get into Scorsese until I saw his breakthrough film, Taxi Driver, which I felt much more satisfied by than something like Raging Bull or Goodfellas. Robert DeNiro, before he got typecasted and developed his old familiar style, shines as the young title character who longs for a cleaner New York. The cinematography, the style, the music, and the dialogue all contribute to an ugly view at the dark side of American culture and the messy…

• Mycroft Watts

★★★★½ Watched by Mycroft Watts 08 Apr, 2014

A brilliant character study. No plot, but it keeps you in invested because it makes Travis's meanderings so interesting, which is where the class act that is Robert De Niro comes into his own. As for the film as a whole, I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would given the premise. I care, but not THAT much. I've seen greater stories told elsewhere.