• cineedo
  • Matt Keane

★½ Watched by Matt Keane 12 Apr, 2014

If fart jokes are your thing, fill your boots. If derivative, lazy, pop culture references that are over 20 years out of date are your thing...

• Andy Summers

★★★★ Rewatched by Andy Summers 11 Apr, 2014

Modern comedies haven't really done it for me in recent years. Maybe it's my age, or just the fact that I'm hard to please in the comedy stakes. This film however ticked all the boxes for me. It was crude, rude and very funny, and had that extra bit of imagination.
    I normally like my comedy a little darker or with a edge to it like say In Bruges or In The Loop. Clever comedy that wasn't just profane, but…

• Laurel

½ Added by Laurel

who do i pay to get this film removed from my memory

• RunDogmaRun

Added by RunDogmaRun

Help! I'm trapped in an alternate universe where people think this movie is funny!

• nitsujnosnaws

★★ Watched by nitsujnosnaws 05 Jan, 2014

milked as much as they could out of the concept. would have made a better short film

• Sc8lo

★★★ Watched by Sc8lo 14 Aug, 2012

Wouldn't be a fan of Seth McFarlane but I enjoyed this movie. Mostly because Wahlberg is on form.

• Keith LaFountaine

★★★½ Added by Keith LaFountaine

Hilarious, yet not without its tender moments. Seth McFarlane manages to provide an entertaining two hours which helps him depart from Family Guy to motion pictures.

• Max O'Connell

★★★ Watched by Max O'Connell 08 Mar, 2014

Really funny when it isn’t being awful. McFarlane holds back on the irrelevant pop culture digressions for the most part (and a number of the ones introduced actually are fairly clever), and the way he’s made Ted credible within the world is kind of remarkable. His rapport with Wahlberg is great, too. Pity that he’s kept the appalling racial digressions, and that he lets a stupid kidnapping plot hijack the last third, regardless of how well it fits onto the…

• Kip Bowman Jr.

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kip Bowman Jr. 28 Mar, 2014

Ted was probably one of the most funniest movies of 2012 and probably in sometime. There was just so many things that had be laughing time after time. it also helps if you're a fan of Seth MacFarlane's type of humor. Creator of Family Guy & American Dad. So there is plenty of pop culture references in it.

This is the feature debut of Seth MacFarlane. Who pulled triple duty on this as Producer, Co-Writer/Story by and Director.

For those that…

• benreviews

★★★★ Rewatched by benreviews 27 Mar, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Ezra Cubero

★★★★★ Watched by Ezra Cubero 14 Jun, 2012

Seth MacFarlane's humor is not for everybody, but I think TED is a comedy that will make both fans and nonfans laugh, some harder than others. I'm a Seth MacFarlane fan and I thought this film was hysterical.