• itsrainingfrogs

★★★★★ Watched by itsrainingfrogs 08 Sep, 2013

Ted
    A man struggles to balance his relationship with his girlfriend and his friendship with his living teddy bear.

5 Great Things
    1. Seth MacFarlane as Ted.
    2. The Flash Gordon references.
    3. The highly original story.
    4. Man-child Mark Wahlberg.
    5. It's better than Family Guy. A lot better.

• Steven Savona

★★★ Watched by Steven Savona 31 Aug, 2014

Sporadically funny, but I found it tough to suspend my disbelief during the film's more preposterous moments (read: entire third act). It feels like an in-joke that only MacFarlane is in on. It also tries too hard to be vulgar at times.

• Rebecca Leigh

★★★★ Watched by Rebecca Leigh 22 Aug, 2014

B+

• onemarathon

★★★½ Rewatched by onemarathon 30 Aug, 2014

On second viewing, I still love this crazy buddy flick about a man and his teddy bear. Ted is fully-loaded with crass humour, exactly what makes it so funny. Or maybe it's just the fact that a cute teddy bear is spouting all of those crude and graphic words. And I love it.

Director MacFarlane got this right, for he finally created something that I like. I don't care for anything else he's done... whatever I ever even bothered to…

• Ethan Magee

★★★ Watched by Ethan Magee 27 Aug, 2014

I don't really like Seth MacFarlane or any of his shows that much... or at all... but a lot of people seemed to like this film enough and finally seeing it I can see why. The premise is very creative and allows for some funny as well as touching moments for Wahlberg and the eponymous Ted, along with some of the other characters. I still felt the story was a little too cliched despite its initial creativeness and, not surprisingly,…

• Jordan Smith

Added by Jordan Smith

Depends on how funny you think a CGI bear talking in ridiculous Boston accents and smoking bongs is.

• nathandavies

★★ Watched by nathandavies 17 Aug, 2014

ed (stylized as ted) is a 2012 American comedy film directed by Seth MacFarlane. The screenplay by MacFarlane, Alec Sulkin and Wellesley Wild is from MacFarlane's story. The film stars Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis, and MacFarlane, with Joel McHale and Giovanni Ribisi in supporting roles. The film tells the story of John Bennett, a Boston native whose childhood wish brings his teddy bear friend Ted to life, but Ted keeps John and his love interest Lori Collins from moving on with their lives.

• Prath

★★★ Watched by Prath 21 Aug, 2014

Its the usual American film that has good imagination in it's concept and base story-line, but then turns out to be the usual 'Home-alone' type film. The only exception here is that there are more fucks in the dialogues. But anyways, IT IS FUNNY.

• Eugene McCrann

Added by Eugene McCrann

Pop culture riffing can be very hit or miss since it requires the viewer to know the reference and the reference has to have struck a similar chord with the viewer. Hence, there's nothing about Norah Jones, or Bridget Jones's Diary, or Cheers, or Flash Gordon that is particularly funny to me. I did laugh a little at the Airplane! and Aliens references, but they still were too scattershot to matter - it was just that I recognized the connection.…

• radiomanhead

★★★ Added by radiomanhead

Salvo algún detalle puntual me ha parecido todo de lo mas típico (de ese tipo de película claro) y si cambiamos el Oso Teddy por el gordito gracioso de turno entonces seria lo mas convencional del mundo.

Algunos dicen que el oso es un reflejo de un adulto que no quiere madurar y bla bla bla, puede ser que esa teoría sea valida pero conmigo no ha conectado mucho.

Le doy un aprobado por algunos momentos puntuales.

• Cynthia

★★½ Added by Cynthia

Well, it is pretty good.

• zola25

★★★½ Watched by zola25 13 Aug, 2014

The best things are the rich, deep vein of one liners and set piece scenes (Norah Jones, Red Sox stadium, supermarket checkout spring to mind).

If you remember one liners and regurgitate them to impress your mates, you have enough material here for your next three stag dos.

I liked how it brought to mind memories of living with some of my best mates over the years. Unlike John, I was never stupid enough to try to mix them with living with my girlfriend/ wife for more than a long weekend.

Stupid, rude and hilarious.