• Grooveman

★★★★ Rewatched by Grooveman 15 Sep, 2014 1

"Chris Brown can do no wrong!"

• Kamil

★½ Watched by Kamil 14 Sep, 2014 2

English tl;dr
    What do you honestly expect me to say about a comedy where the soundtrack was clearly the best part for me?
    Despite a somehow original idea the formula 'inner child, random pop culture reference, farts, "fuck", awkward timing, 9/11 jokes, poop' just didn't do it for me apart from only very few laughs. Since I did like the humor in Family Guy I was seriously shocked how poorly it fit into a more or less serious (but terribly…

• Sam Williams

★½ Watched by Sam Williams 13 Sep, 2014

"I thought you'd be funnier."

• Jonathan Poritsky

★½ Watched by Jonathan Poritsky 13 Sep, 2014

A few laughs, sure, but this is just more of the usual mean-spirited, referential crap from MacFarlane. For example: what's funny about recreating a scene from Airplane!? What's the joke?

• M.A. DeRuyter

Added by M.A. DeRuyter

God, remember TED? Sometimes I think of this movie and just laugh and laugh. Remember how they had a weird obsession with FLASH GORDON? What a strange choice! That's so funny.

You know how the mainstream deneutered the threat of the hippies by slowly absorbing and sublimating everything they culturally produced? Just the other day I saw a Ramones shirt for sale at Hot Topic. I'm so glad that's never going to happen to me.

Anyway, TED. Hoo boy. I…

• John Connor

★½ Watched by John Connor 15 Jul, 2012

Okay, I'll admit, I just don't click with Seth MacFarlane's sense of humour. I've never dug 'Family Guy', and I got not much more than a few giggles out of this. And in a film with as little plot as this one, if there's no laughs there's not much left.

• Alex Gidley

★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Gidley 10 Sep, 2014

The fact that Family Guy and the far superior American Dad creator's Seth MacFarlane directional debut opens with a narration by Patrick Stewart which contains a description of an Apache helicopter is happiness encapsulated as best it can be in a narration.

The only other thing that needs to be said about Ted is that it is as funny as Flash Gordon is enjoyably bad.

• Peter Ericson

★★★★ Rewatched by Peter Ericson 06 Sep, 2014

The R-rated humor generates plenty of laughs, all the while with a welcome element of warmth to it.

Full review at PEricson.com.

• KMOKLER

★★★★½ Added by KMOKLER

Has its problems but I thought it was brilliant this is my kind of humour not for everyone I know some find it overatted but I loved it I like a good comedy and i love Family Guy but I liked this better.

• StarklyReviews

★★★★ Watched by StarklyReviews 04 Sep, 2014

I popped a fucking blood vesil when Ted says the names of the strains of weed they're smoking are "mind-rape" and "they're coming, they're coming"

I absolutely fucking lost it almost the whole way through this film, being a massive fan of American Dad and Family Guy I loved that Seth Macfarlane kept with that kind of humour, I felt like I was watching the live action version of those shows. It was wonderful.

This is my kind of humour,…

• sho_chan0319

★★★★ Rewatched by sho_chan0319 29 Jun, 2012

I laughed so much watching this. It's literally Family Guy in real life but a little bit more realistic. Still this movie was really funny. Go and watch it if you like Family Guy.

• itsrainingfrogs

★★★★★ Watched by itsrainingfrogs 08 Sep, 2013

Ted
    A man struggles to balance his relationship with his girlfriend and his friendship with his living teddy bear.

5 Great Things
    1. Seth MacFarlane as Ted.
    2. The Flash Gordon references.
    3. The highly original story.
    4. Man-child Mark Wahlberg.
    5. It's better than Family Guy. A lot better.