• Kent

★★★ Watched by Kent 11 Nov, 2012

56/100

• Daniel Charchuk

★★½ Watched by Daniel Charchuk 21 Aug, 2012

It really plays like a live action version of Family Guy, which means it's hilarious at times, unbearable at others, filled with random non-sequiturs, and far too long. Wahlberg was the wrong guy for this part, and the Ribisi storyline was just weird.

I did like the Airplane! spoof though - a spoof of a spoof (meta-spoof?). And the Flash Gordon stuff, of course.

• Roger Joseph Ebert

★★★★½ Added by Roger Joseph Ebert

The funniest movie character so far this year is a stuffed teddy bear. And the best comedy screenplay so far is "Ted," the saga of the bear's friendship with a 35-year-old manchild. I know; this also was hard for me to believe. After memories of Mel Gibson's bond with a sock puppet, "Ted" was not high on the list of movies I was impatient to see.

The opening scenes find the right tone. A treacly narrator (Patrick Stewart) describes a…

• Michael Ritchie

★★★½ Added by Michael Ritchie

Raunchy, funny, and sweet story of a man and his talking teddy bear. No surprises in the plot (the man has learn to leave boyhood behind) but some of the crude jokes are very funny and the pop culture references are fun. Especially recommended for Flash Gordon fans.

• Jes

½ Watched by Jes 17 Apr, 2014

I ended up turning this off, it just want worth the effort to finish watching it.

• Joseph

★★★½ Watched by Joseph 17 Apr, 2014

Seth MacFarlane's Ted has everything you'd expect from him: consistently funny moments, likable characters and a hell of a lot of pop culture references (inculding a predictable Family Guy reference). These are the kind things that make Family Guy and American Dad work and to start off, it worked well on the big screen aswell. Seth MacFarlane's skill for writing was working, introducing the film and characters in his old school approach, aswell as making the audience on side instantly.…

• John

★★★★★ Added by John

This is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen! I went to see this when it was in theaters and was literally in tears from laughing so hard!

• cineedo
  • Matt Keane

★½ Watched by Matt Keane 12 Apr, 2014

If fart jokes are your thing, fill your boots. If derivative, lazy, pop culture references that are over 20 years out of date are your thing...

• Andy Summers

★★★★ Rewatched by Andy Summers 11 Apr, 2014

Modern comedies haven't really done it for me in recent years. Maybe it's my age, or just the fact that I'm hard to please in the comedy stakes. This film however ticked all the boxes for me. It was crude, rude and very funny, and had that extra bit of imagination.
    I normally like my comedy a little darker or with a edge to it like say In Bruges or In The Loop. Clever comedy that wasn't just profane, but…

• laurel

½ Added by laurel

who do i pay to get this film removed from my memory

• RunDogmaRun

Added by RunDogmaRun

Help! I'm trapped in an alternate universe where people think this movie is funny!