• radiomanhead

★★★ Added by radiomanhead

Salvo algún detalle puntual me ha parecido todo de lo mas típico (de ese tipo de película claro) y si cambiamos el Oso Teddy por el gordito gracioso de turno entonces seria lo mas convencional del mundo.

Algunos dicen que el oso es un reflejo de un adulto que no quiere madurar y bla bla bla, puede ser que esa teoría sea valida pero conmigo no ha conectado mucho.

Le doy un aprobado por algunos momentos puntuales.

• Cynthia

★★½ Added by Cynthia

Well, it is pretty good.

• zola25

★★★½ Watched by zola25 13 Aug, 2014

The best things are the rich, deep vein of one liners and set piece scenes (Norah Jones, Red Sox stadium, supermarket checkout spring to mind).

If you remember one liners and regurgitate them to impress your mates, you have enough material here for your next three stag dos.

I liked how it brought to mind memories of living with some of my best mates over the years. Unlike John, I was never stupid enough to try to mix them with living with my girlfriend/ wife for more than a long weekend.

Stupid, rude and hilarious.

• Daniel Jensen

Watched by Daniel Jensen 15 Aug, 2014

I shouldn't have watched this. I doubted I would be able to overcome my dislike, bordering on hatred, for MacFarlane, and. . .

It is almost prehistorically dated, already. Ted calls a fat kid "Susan Boyle" and I wondered just how long ago she was in the national conversation, because the rest of the references are even more "of the moment" and yet ancient.

It is just so "boy" without any of the sweetness that sometimes tempers from those sorts…

• scotts2323

★★★½ Watched by scotts2323 14 Aug, 2014

If you love Family Guy, you'll love this. I love Family Guy. This movie is a good raunchy comedy. Wahlberg is really good. I'm enjoying Marky Mark's recent work and have yet to see Lone Survivor. Giovanni Ribisi is good in this as well.

• Peter Rogers

★★★ Watched by Peter Rogers 27 Jul, 2014

While Ted plays out like an extended episode of Family Guy, and not all the jokes land with hilarity and punch, there is something that's kind of heartwarming about the simple tale of a man and his teddy bear.

The jokes are gross-out, violent, crass and offensive (mind you, what would you expect from a Seth MacFarlane film) but when the movie hits its mark, it's really good...

Special moments for me include the fight between Marky Mark and Ted in the hotel room, and the meeting of Flash Gordon. A decent watch, and something that I might actually return back to sooner, rather than later.

• Darren Fx

★★★½ Rewatched by Darren Fx 14 Aug, 2014

"Now if there's one thing you can be sure of, it's that nothing is more powerful than a young boy's wish. Except an Apache helicopter. An Apache helicopter has machine guns AND missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive complement of weaponry, an absolute death machine."

They should have given Seth MacFarlane a movie earlier; he's makes stories that are just so hilarious and so connectable.

Ted isn't an exception, it's as hilarious and heart-warming as the first time I saw it.

With so many great parodies, jokes and cameos including Sam J. Jones, Ted is a wonderful ride.

• Matt Thomas

★★★½ Rewatched by Matt Thomas 11 Aug, 2014

Tires a little on second viewing.

• Gnske

★★★ Added by Gnske

Refreshing from the many abortions produced by the SNL cast and reminded me of an upbeat 90s comedy. Seth Macfarlane managed to deceive me from how much of a dreadful hack he is with cheap and effective laughs and a charming enough story.

• Rootbean

Watched by Rootbean 10 Aug, 2014

"Garfield's eyes look like a pair of tits."

I knew this was going to be a piece of awful garbage, but that represents the general standard of film available on Amazon Prime, and my desire to use up my mobile internet allowance.

• Alex Krajci

★★★ Watched by Alex Krajci 09 Aug, 2014

I Like 2012's Ted, I Like It Because Ms. Sindelar Has Ted The Teddy Bear As Her Partner.

• wildlark

★★★ Watched by wildlark 04 Aug, 2014

It really depends on how you feel about Family Guy, I guess.

Granted, I felt Seth MacFarlane's humor was more tolerable here since it was paired with some actual emotional depth. The man actually has a surprisingly interesting perspective on life experiences that occasionally shine through in his work; I'm thinking back to the Family Guy episode where Stewie and Brian were stuck in a bank vault and just talking about life. Admittedly there was some pretty terribly-written gross-out jokes…