• Bill Shannon

★★★½ Rewatched by Bill Shannon 17 Feb, 2012

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Ian Buckwalter

★★★★ Watched by Ian Buckwalter 11 Jul, 2011

Read my DCist review.

• Josiah Morgan

★★★½ Added by Josiah Morgan

There's something so... true about what this movie portrays. Jacob Wysocki turns in a stellar performance.

• Joe

Watched by Joe 02 Feb, 2012

touching and thoughtful

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Terri
    Dir: Azazel Jacobs
    Starring: John C. Reilley, Jacob Wysocki, Olivia Crocicchia

Jacob Wysocki is Terri, a fat boy living with his ailing uncle James, having been abandoned by his parents. He is ridiculed and bullied at school sometime, but he copes with it. In my humble opinion, he quickly shows off his cleverness, when he speaks to his uncle from inside of the washroom. I knew exactly at that point, what his character was going to be like. He's troubled but it's really worth seeing how he handles all wrong angles around him. A good movie to watch after-all.

• Kevin Hsieh

★★★½ Watched by Kevin Hsieh 26 May, 2014

77/100

• Matt Heiser

★★★ Watched by Matt Heiser 04 Mar, 2012

John C. Reilly is very good.

• Daniel Lentini

★★½ Watched by Daniel Lentini 07 Apr, 2014

This atypical coming of age story focuses on alienation in high school. The lazy mood of the film leads its characters into one of the more mundane yet realistic climaxes ive ever seen in a film.

"Life's a mess, dude, but we're all just doing the best we can, you know."

• Jack Ando

★★ Watched by Jack Ando 18 Mar, 2014

Terri is slow, lazy, and sad. I'm referring not only to the character, but the movie as well. Terri recieved two stars because...I love the piano score and I love Creed Bratton.

• Paul Robinson

★★★½ Watched by Paul Robinson 23 Feb, 2014

Not your typical teenage coming of age movie this films main strength is for me is to have characters that I have never seen or are so focused on in a movie before. The film is definitely more of a character study than an actual story as it follows teenager Terri Thompson an overweight social misfit who goes to school in Pyjamas and is basically a recluse slightly bullied but not overly so by his peers and we follow him…

• Anthonyle17

Screenplay: 81/100
    Soundtrack: 88/100
    Entertainment Value: 72/100
    Average Score: 76/100

The debate whether to give Terri 4 stars or 3.5 was a tough one. While it may be an accurate showcase of social anxiety, and the pursuit to fit in, the film never reaches any heights on an emotional level. Throughout the film, it gets increasingly harder to feel sympathetic towards the characters (much like Greenberg). Subsequently, because…

• Wonderful Cinema

★★★★ Watched by Wonderful Cinema 30 Dec, 2011

★★★★ = Very good

Overweight and poor fifteen-year-old Terri wears pyjamas to school because they are the only comfortable clothes he owns. He has no friends and is mocked by his classmates. He lives on a sole diet of baked beans on toast. Assistant principal Fitzgerald is trying to help him and the other misfits in his school.

A hit at the Sundance 2011 Film Festival, Azazel Jacob’s wonderful film follows this gentle small-town boy as he lives through some…