• stella lav

★★★ Added by stella lav

i really liked all of the characters and the acting, the sets and the details and the little things that define this film, but I just could not stay engaged. I found it immensely boring and I felt like it just had no substance to it which was disappointing.

• stanislavlavrik

★★★★½ Rewatched by stanislavlavrik 10 Jul, 2016

"It feels good to be wanted" said Heather. A line I didn't forget. This film is great as far as emotions go. Long story short - love is the most important thing in the world and nothing else really matters.

A stout loner makes a girl laugh after she got fingered and is embarrassed by it. He makes her feel better by wearing glasses and making a joke about some Johny Hollywood. Just that moment is key. It's life. And…

• Jack Kelly

★★★½ Watched by Jack Kelly 09 Jul, 2016

The girl in this movie is one of the most tragic characters in film holy shit

• stanislavlavrik

★★★★½ Added by stanislavlavrik

Emotionally powerful. Cinema.

• Matthew Murray

★★★★ Watched by Matthew Murray 03 Jun, 2016

In spite of being a largely uncomfortable watch, Terri proves to be kind of endearing.

Besides, I'd watch John C. Reilly in anything.

• Andrew

★★★½ Watched by Andrew 03 Jun, 2016

Jacob Wysocki plays Terri wonderfully. John C. Reilly plays Mr Fitzgerald masterfully. The material is good, but not amazing. It's crafted very beautifully, however, which makes it affectionate and enjoyable. The relationship between Terri and Mr Fitzgerald is the best part of the movie - I suppose it's the subject of the movie, too. Deserving of it's praise.

• gigis

★★★½ Watched by gigis 12 May, 2016

This was weird and not particularly interesting in any way, but all the characters worked and the feel of it worked so it was actually pretty cool.

• Aaron

★★ Watched by Aaron 16 Mar, 2016

Very uncomfortable drinking scene. Disgusting tub. Chad has a few funny moments.

• antbalzano

★★★★ Watched by antbalzano 16 Feb, 2016 2

This film is depressing and charming at the same time. In the beginning this films seems very basic like a lot of adolescent coming of age movies, but it goes beyond that. It takes a realist approach to this world. "Terri" portrays a world filled with fuck-ups, loners, and assholes, and it all seems so real. Because it is. If you went to public school, or if you didn't, all these characters are legitimately real. We all know a Terri,…

• Armando Vanegas

★★★★★ Watched by Armando Vanegas 29 Nov, 2011

I admit that I was like Terri in high school and in middle school, except for the pajamas, the missing parents, and the obsession with dead animals. I had experienced some of the bullying that he got, which was why I sympathized so much with this character. Jacob Wysocki gives a great breakthrough performance as the title character Terri, who for the most part, seems to be a loner. He has no friends, no parents to speak of, and an…

• Allan

★★★★ Watched by Allan 21 Dec, 2015

it's a shangri-la

• Melody

★★★½ Watched by Melody 07 Dec, 2015

"There are two groups of kids that stand out in this school - the good hearted ones and the bad hearted ones - and those are the ones whose names I remember."
    "Good hearts my ass."

Super sweet and simple, really the definition of a little gem of a movie. The second you see Terri all you can think is "poor kid" and for a moment I thought the movie was going to bring back bad memories in the worst…