• Panta Oz

★★★★ Added by Panta Oz

What a delight... "Terri" was a real small masterpiece with its misdirected unpredictability! Director Azazel Jacobs portraits adolescence flawlessly managing to capture the cruelty and the sweetness of it, delivering very realistic and entirely absorbing drama. The story of a young man, actually a misfit, who is orphaned to an uncle who is fading away, mercilessly teased by his peers and roundly ignored by his teacher, is warm and different. Terri is alienated and alone but finds an unusual friend…

• Glen Grunau

★★★★ Watched by Glen Grunau 13 Dec, 2014

A select group of social outcasts are taken under the wing of their eccentric vice principal. The result is rather a delightful story of some very quirky individuals who exhibit some rather attractive, redeeming qualities.

"Life's a mess. But we're all just doing the best that we can . . . So if I hurt you, all I can tell you is I'm sorry and I will try to do better. Maybe I will do better, or maybe I'll do…

• Adrian Zachow

★★★½ Watched by Adrian Zachow 19 Dec, 2011

Jacob Wysocki gives an impressive performance as Terri, a lonely, indifferent, obese 15 year old who wears PJs to school, and who comes to the attention of his helping principal (Reilly, also terrific). The awkwardness of adolescence is painfullly captured at times. One has to wonder though if the assortment of characters surrounding Terri, and Terri himself, needed to be so weird.

• Gonçalo

★★★½ Watched by Gonçalo 12 Oct, 2014

At first I wasn't liking the film that much but then the story started to get better and better. A good screenplay with a brilliant climax.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★ Watched by Joe DiCanio 21 Sep, 2011

Rating: B+

• Eugene McCrann

★★★★ Added by Eugene McCrann

Given Jacobs's pedigree, I thought a moment of genuine delirium would have come sooner - say, mid-way through Momma's Man - but the formula gets expunged in the shed scene with Terri, Chad, and Heather, where it felt like the madness could erupt into a totally new film. It wouldn't have surprised me had Chad reappeared with a gun, but he doesn't. He simply sleeps, and leaves in bad conscience. This has to be the point of the whole movie,…

• Jan

★★½ Watched by Jan 06 Sep, 2014

boooring. heather is kinda hot, though.

• Michael

★★★ Watched by Michael 31 Jul, 2011

Alright. So. I liked the movie. I liked the performances. There are many very effective and affecting scenes. Still, it left me unsatisfied. The sequence of events never quite got around to being a story.

• Alan Williams

★★½ Watched by Alan Williams 14 Aug, 2014

Is this good?

Slightly absorbing, slightly repulsive. "Terri," the story of a fat kid who is mocked not particularly bullied at school outlines all the usual teen, coming of ages notions that get bandied about in teen films.

All of that lies ahead in this story, which observes him for two or three weeks as he goes about his daily business looking after his sick uncle and dealing with his unusual friends. His house is in a wooded semi-rural area,…

• Bill Shannon

★★★½ Rewatched by Bill Shannon 17 Feb, 2012

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Ian Buckwalter

★★★★ Watched by Ian Buckwalter 11 Jul, 2011

Read my DCist review.

• Josiah Morgan

★★★½ Added by Josiah Morgan

There's something so... true about what this movie portrays. Jacob Wysocki turns in a stellar performance.