• Gonçalo

★★★½ Watched by Gonçalo 12 Oct, 2014

At first I wasn't liking the film that much but then the story started to get better and better. A good screenplay with a brilliant climax.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★ Watched by Joe DiCanio 21 Sep, 2011

Rating: B+

• Eugene McCrann

★★★★ Added by Eugene McCrann

Given Jacobs's pedigree, I thought a moment of genuine delirium would have come sooner - say, mid-way through Momma's Man - but the formula gets expunged in the shed scene with Terri, Chad, and Heather, where it felt like the madness could erupt into a totally new film. It wouldn't have surprised me had Chad reappeared with a gun, but he doesn't. He simply sleeps, and leaves in bad conscience. This has to be the point of the whole movie,…

• Windyblue

Bullying
    Rape culture
    Sexual assault
    Victim blaming

All the things people dislike about indie, minus all the good things people say about indie. Incredibly boring.

• Jan

★★½ Watched by Jan 06 Sep, 2014

boooring. heather is kinda hot, though.

• Michael

★★★ Watched by Michael 31 Jul, 2011

Alright. So. I liked the movie. I liked the performances. There are many very effective and affecting scenes. Still, it left me unsatisfied. The sequence of events never quite got around to being a story.

• Alan Williams

★★½ Watched by Alan Williams 14 Aug, 2014

Is this good?

Slightly absorbing, slightly repulsive. "Terri," the story of a fat kid who is mocked not particularly bullied at school outlines all the usual teen, coming of ages notions that get bandied about in teen films.

All of that lies ahead in this story, which observes him for two or three weeks as he goes about his daily business looking after his sick uncle and dealing with his unusual friends. His house is in a wooded semi-rural area,…

• Bill Shannon

★★★½ Rewatched by Bill Shannon 17 Feb, 2012

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Ian Buckwalter

★★★★ Watched by Ian Buckwalter 11 Jul, 2011

Read my DCist review.

• Josiah Morgan

★★★½ Added by Josiah Morgan

There's something so... true about what this movie portrays. Jacob Wysocki turns in a stellar performance.

• Joe

Watched by Joe 02 Feb, 2012

touching and thoughtful

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Terri
    Dir: Azazel Jacobs
    Starring: John C. Reilley, Jacob Wysocki, Olivia Crocicchia

Jacob Wysocki is Terri, a fat boy living with his ailing uncle James, having been abandoned by his parents. He is ridiculed and bullied at school sometime, but he copes with it. In my humble opinion, he quickly shows off his cleverness, when he speaks to his uncle from inside of the washroom. I knew exactly at that point, what his character was going to be like. He's troubled but it's really worth seeing how he handles all wrong angles around him. A good movie to watch after-all.