• Michael

★★★ Watched by Michael 31 Jul, 2011

Alright. So. I liked the movie. I liked the performances. There are many very effective and affecting scenes. Still, it left me unsatisfied. The sequence of events never quite got around to being a story.

• Alan Williams

★★½ Watched by Alan Williams 14 Aug, 2014

Is this good?

Slightly absorbing, slightly repulsive. "Terri," the story of a fat kid who is mocked not particularly bullied at school outlines all the usual teen, coming of ages notions that get bandied about in teen films.

All of that lies ahead in this story, which observes him for two or three weeks as he goes about his daily business looking after his sick uncle and dealing with his unusual friends. His house is in a wooded semi-rural area,…

• Bill Shannon

★★★½ Rewatched by Bill Shannon 17 Feb, 2012

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Ian Buckwalter

★★★★ Watched by Ian Buckwalter 11 Jul, 2011

Read my DCist review.

• Josiah Morgan

★★★½ Added by Josiah Morgan

There's something so... true about what this movie portrays. Jacob Wysocki turns in a stellar performance.

• Joe

Watched by Joe 02 Feb, 2012

touching and thoughtful

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Terri
    Dir: Azazel Jacobs
    Starring: John C. Reilley, Jacob Wysocki, Olivia Crocicchia

Jacob Wysocki is Terri, a fat boy living with his ailing uncle James, having been abandoned by his parents. He is ridiculed and bullied at school sometime, but he copes with it. In my humble opinion, he quickly shows off his cleverness, when he speaks to his uncle from inside of the washroom. I knew exactly at that point, what his character was going to be like. He's troubled but it's really worth seeing how he handles all wrong angles around him. A good movie to watch after-all.

• Kevin Hsieh

★★★½ Watched by Kevin Hsieh 26 May, 2014

77/100

• Matt Heiser

★★★ Watched by Matt Heiser 04 Mar, 2012

John C. Reilly is very good.

• Daniel Lentini

★★½ Watched by Daniel Lentini 07 Apr, 2014

This atypical coming of age story focuses on alienation in high school. The lazy mood of the film leads its characters into one of the more mundane yet realistic climaxes ive ever seen in a film.

"Life's a mess, dude, but we're all just doing the best we can, you know."

• Jack Ando

★★ Watched by Jack Ando 18 Mar, 2014

Terri is slow, lazy, and sad. I'm referring not only to the character, but the movie as well. Terri recieved two stars because...I love the piano score and I love Creed Bratton.

• Paul Robinson

★★★½ Watched by Paul Robinson 23 Feb, 2014

Not your typical teenage coming of age movie this films main strength is for me is to have characters that I have never seen or are so focused on in a movie before. The film is definitely more of a character study than an actual story as it follows teenager Terri Thompson an overweight social misfit who goes to school in Pyjamas and is basically a recluse slightly bullied but not overly so by his peers and we follow him…