• castynn

★★★★ Rewatched by castynn 03 May, 2016

I enjoyed this so much, it criss-crosses many genres in one film but manages to stay on track. And although the sky is not black & cinder filled etc. the dystopia is there and two very good actors have a romance to fight against it. Nice work .

• Omarito

★★★ Watched by Omarito 30 Apr, 2016

*fedora tipping intensifies*

• La Pantalla Invisible
  • robf22

★★★★ Added by robf22

If number of times watched is any indication, The Adjustment Bureau must be one of my all-time favorites. I have no idea why, but its a compelling story every time.

• Nick

★★½ Added by Nick

Ah, the film that made me fall in love with Emily Blunt.

Sadly it's not more memorable, given the great cast and great source material (a Philip K. Dick short story, "Adjustment Team"), but the high-concept movie plays out with the classic action paces after an initially promising start. Perhaps it could have used more adjustment.

• danielchung

★★★★ Watched by danielchung 20 Apr, 2016

I see Matt Damon, but I always think of him as Jason Bourne. So in The Adjustment Bureau, Bourne has just unsuccessfully run for a Senate seat, and he meets Elise. Bourne's and Emily Blunt's chemistry together is good, but the rest of the cast falls face first. They deliver their lines with such deadpan you would think you were watching a bad 80s comedy. However, the plot of the film had me invested, and almost willing to throw the…

• Jo

★★★ Watched by Jo 18 Apr, 2016

I kinda felt like this was a really good Hallmark movie with a high budget. I don't know if they were trying to push a religious ideal or push the idea that religion is stupid and you can 'make your own destiny'. Either way, this was an interesting idea. Obviously not really presented in the best way (this could have been a cool movie). But all negativity aside, I really liked Emily Blunt and Matt Damon. They have surprisingly good…

• Nathanial00

★★★½ Watched by Nathanial00 16 Jan, 2016

6.8/10
    A fun, non-stop ride with Matt Damon and Emily Blunt.

• Paolo Kagaoan

★★★ Rewatched by Paolo Kagaoan 16 Apr, 2016

This movie is about angles who disagrees on OTPs. It believes that an omniscient power who thinks that a single man who uses politics to fill the void left by his dead family is more electable than an alpha male married to an alpha female. It also makes Emily Blunt the only female major character in a movie full of dudes, which she'll be in the next half decade. It's also catered to idiots who believe that the Middle Ages…

• EvanstonDad

★★ Added by EvanstonDad

What could have been a nifty, high-concept premise is hampered by poor execution in this supernatural thriller starring Matt Damon and Emily Blunt.

The religious angle is pushed a little too hard for my personal taste, but I could even have swallowed that if it hadn't been couched in a lame script that spends half of its time delivering plot exposition straight up to the audience. There are a thousand plot holes throughout the movie that had my wife and…

• otxjunior

★★½ Rewatched by otxjunior 09 Apr, 2016

It suffers from over explanation. It would be more fun if the adjustment team stopped talking about what they do all the time and why. Not a big fan of the short story either.

• tasha

★★½ Watched by tasha 06 Apr, 2016

i really related to this movie bc i too would defy god to be with emily blunt