• Adam Grundy

★★½ Added by Adam Grundy

It's a bit like the Matrix, and it even features the 'are you an angel?' line that I haven't seen in a film since The Phantom Menace.

It's essentially a rom-com, and I think it kind of tries to take it self serious, but then there's the white haired fella from Mad Men who has the power to walk between dimension doors or some shit, as long as he's wearing a trilby.
    I'll be honest, I'd rather just live my life than be seen in that hat.

Are they angels? Are they aliens? Was I arsed in the end? Not really.

• Joe Hastings

★★ Watched by Joe Hastings 03 Aug, 2015

What was the last good Matt Damon movie that you saw?
    I bet this wasn't it.

I'm willing to give him a chance, but its been a long time since I've seen a film where actual acting was required of Damon. However, this does explain why The Last Stand was so dull since they were written by the same person. The sci fi narrative that we were promised was buried under a long winded romance that I didn't care about.…

• Alastair Hendry

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alastair Hendry 03 Aug, 2015

I love films like this! Thoughtful and unpredictable, I couldn't tell where this story was going. The film raises some interesting questions about free will and destiny. Great performances from all the cast. (12.3.11) (17.5.12).

Blunt and Damon really have a chemistry in this and Blunt especially is fantastic. Even without the sci-fi elements these two could completely carry a romance! (3.8.15)

• Gareth Rees

★★★ Rewatched by Gareth Rees 01 Aug, 2015

6.5/10.

• Bryan Williams

★★★★½ Added by Bryan Williams

I love this fucking film! One of my favorite Matt Damon films.

• gtdmouse

★★★★ Watched by gtdmouse 28 Jul, 2015

fun little movie, I enjoyed it. must have been hell trying to keep track of all those locations though.

• t2kickassjedi

★★★★ Added by t2kickassjedi

The Adjustment Bureau is a really cool film with an awesome concept and it didn't need action to be awesome.

• Rory M

★★★ Watched by Rory M 27 Jul, 2015

The Adjustment Bureau relies heavily on the relationship between Matt Damon and Emily Bunt, if the audience doesn't get behind their two characters and their budding relationship the whole film crumbles.

Thankfully both Damon and Bunt are more than up to the task. Without them both, in particular Emily Blunt (totally not bias cause I think she's ridiculously attractive!), this film would be much worse. It's a shame that ultimately their great chemistry cannot paper over the suffocated plot.

There's…

• Tony_Sin

★★★★★ Watched by Tony_Sin 26 Jul, 2015

Amazing film. I really enjoyed the mystery and suspense this film delivered.

• Aljosa

★★★ Watched by Aljosa 25 Jul, 2015

I liked it. The idea is cool but the execution around a romance is kind of boring. Still, a pretty decent PKD adaptation.

• Connor Lightbody

★★★★ Rewatched by Connor Lightbody

A completely under appreciated love story and fate intertwinning two souls. Less of a thriller, more of a character piece and how our fate is predetermined. Adjustment bureau can bring out a sense of paranoia that your life is being "adjusted" but if you compare it to a film like "Truman Show" it pales. But what really sells this film for me is it's quick fast paced cinematography through chase scenes and the absolutely brilliant chemistry between Damon and Blunt.…

• Matthew McCracken

★★★½ Rewatched by Matthew McCracken 19 Jul, 2015

THE ADJUSTMENT BUREAU ultimately has to do with space and movement and how both of these are increased and decreased by the most supreme of connections—love.

In TAB we are given some profound representations of how loneliness relates to space and a corresponding lack of movement—Damon's character, David Norris, is regularly depicted, static, in cavernous spaces, disconnected from his family at the beginning and then—as the movie progresses—Emily Blunt's Elise.

Once we are in the third act, we see how…