• FilmApe

★★★½ Rewatched by FilmApe 10 Apr, 2014 1

I remember really liking this flick when I saw it in the theatres, and I even think that it made my Top 25 for 2011. I definitely don't think the film is that hot now, but it is still enjoyable enough. I like the crowd scenes a fair bit, and all the locations in the film. I don't like the corn ball science fiction stuff, such as the hats, but I do enjoy the chase scenes through the doors. In…

• Elias Tafwed

★★★½ Added by Elias Tafwed

"The Adjustment Bureau" stars Matt Damon and Emily Blunt and tells the story of a New York congressman who meets a dancer and they eventually hit it off. He ends up meeting her again later on a bus, but this event changes the plan the Adjustment Bureau has set for him, a group of "angels" who monitor the world and make sure everything happens according to plan. Matt Damon's character falls deep in love with Elise (Emily Blunt), and tries…

• Chris Vallée

★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Vallée 30 Mar, 2014

An intriguing and exciting story that provides a lot of excitement and entertaining action. The cat and mouse type step up makes for a fun and thrilling atmosphere and the plot was interesting and kept me engaged throughout.

• Lia G

★★★★ Watched by Lia G 30 Mar, 2014

It's like a sci-fi version of a romance movie. A Less Less Ordinary without the Christianity or kidnap subplot. One of the better Phillip K. Dick stories (or adaptations of it, at least, I haven't read any of them).

• Matthew Vallee

★★★★ Rewatched by Matthew Vallee 30 Mar, 2014

An imaginative and unique concept that balanced thriller and romance quite well. The plot was captivating and the subtle sci-fi element added a lot of interest but kept things mysterious by never revealing too many details. While it was exciting at times and was always intriguing, the story didn’t focus too much on the action and instead the charming love story was front and centre. Matt Damon and Emily Blunt have excellent chemistry and their characters were both very likeable which kept me rooting for them the entire film.

• veridicaldream

★★★ Added by veridicaldream

A romantic Dark City? Maybe. Certainly the sci-fi equivalent of a Nicholas Sparks movie. This movie spun off from the short-story by Philip K Dick without the talking animals is a movie that I easily could have loved had it not been for Matt Damon and a few story issues. The premise is so wacky that in the hands of a less accomplished director it would collapse, but Nolfi breaks out with quite the freshman effort that marks him as…

• samsonne

★★★½ Watched by samsonne 15 Mar, 2014

+ cool lovestory

• Nick A

★★★★ Added by Nick A

Absolutely loved this film. Very much similar to Inception but with added romance. Damon just looks and smiles like a Senator so this was a role made for him, whilst Blunt really blew me away in this with her impactful acting and deep character. I wanted to give this a 5 but the only thing which brought it down was a bit of the hammy acting by John Slattery (which was disappointing considering his strength in Mad Men). Another strong performance comes from Anthony Mackie. If you like a film which makes you think a bit, then this is a must watch

• Jaume Vaquer

★★★ Watched by Jaume Vaquer 12 Mar, 2014

Supongo que si vas a ver una película basada en un texto de Philip K. Dick y te encuentras una historia de amor verdadero contra el destino en forma de señores con sombrero que no hacen más que mirar un libro y cruzar puertas puedes acabar bastante mosqueado.
    Pero si no sabes muy bien qué vas a ver y te dejas llevar, con su ritmo, no trepidante pero sin descansos, y su duración ajustada, con el trabajo de Matt Damon,…

• kylegarvey

Added by kylegarvey

A sluggish, pretentious, incurious urban fantasy. Tries for INCEPTION, then for K-PAX, then for CITY OF ANGELS, and fails at everything it touches. Its determinism covers a scared, sad little narcissism, and it uses women and blacks as nothing more than tools in an idiot-prick charade: the only way to cope with a difficult, indecisive world -- random, chancy, coincidental, dripped with love and false starts and weird happenstances, etc. -- is to stick down a big explanatory conspiracy, crinkle up all the edges, and lift it away! Presto: adjusted.

• mazzyhope815

★★½ Watched by mazzyhope815 09 Jun, 2011

Disappointing, because it lets itself down in a few areas that would have been easily fixed. It doesn’t sell itself, either the attraction between the leads at the beginning that propels the whole story or the concept of the bureau and its machinations. I don’t think it could have been a great movie, but it could have been more than the silly popcorn flick it turned out as. Matt Damon and Emily Blunt are both likeable though, and it’s nice to see Roger Sterling get some time on the big screen. Plus Jon Stewart! As Himself!

• Max Falkner