• Richard Carlos Torr

★★★ Watched by Richard Carlos Torr 17 Jan, 2015

Matt Damon and Emily Blunt's magnetism to the audience and each other fails to save this promising sci-fi thought experiment that throws away the potential built up in the first three quarters of the film by falling back on the most literal deus ex machina I think I've ever seen in a movie.

• Ben Oliver

★★★ Watched by Ben Oliver 24 Jan, 2015

Matt Damon stars as a politician who sees a glimpse of his fate and is forced to make a choice; pursue the woman of his dreams (Emily Blunt) or follow his career and become President.

The Adjustment Bureau is different to most high concept films in that it’s fuelled by the chemistry between the two leads rather than its premise. This doesn’t feel like an intentional choice; Damon and Blunt light up the screen together and the story becomes a…

• Panta Oz

★★★½ Added by Panta Oz

I enjoyed this American romantic fantasy thriller loosely based on the Philip K. Dick short story, "Adjustment Team". The screenwriter and director George Nolfi did a decent job with Matt Damon and Emily Blunt, and he used well the chemistry between those two.

Everything starts with David Norris (Matt Damon) - a charismatic politician running for the United States Senate, haunted by his past mistakes. He loses his early lead and is rehearsing the concession speech in the hotel bathroom,…

• Gui Park

★★ Watched by Gui Park 19 Jan, 2015

bunch of creepers coming out from nowhere to change my destiny? HELL NO

• savvybulge

½ Added by savvybulge

I don't have anything to say about this movie because I don't remember much of it, after just a few years. Which probably means it was shit. Another in a line of dumps Damon has taken in the past 10 years. But what's better is that this is the movie that must be where John Krasinski and Matt Damon met. After Krasinski married Emily Blunt. Supposedly Krasinski and Damon--I don't see these two personalities in the same room together--began a…

• MCholodewitsch

★★ Added by MCholodewitsch

A movie with angels that use hats to teleport should have been more interesting.

• fdoalonso

★★★ Added by fdoalonso

película para citas o ver con la esposa mientras se queda dormida

• Steve Dickson

★★★★ Rewatched by Steve Dickson 06 Jan, 2015

Still really like this. The chemistry between Blunt and Damon is brilliant and you really route for them. The whole idea behind it is interesting and fun but probably doesn't make much sense if you think to much about it. Luckily I don't do too much of that thinking stuff and just go along for the ride. It's different and it's a lot of fun.

• zioluc

★★★½ Watched by zioluc 12 May, 2011

più storia d'amore che fantascienza. <3 Emily Blunt

• Cinematic Justice

★★ Watched by Cinematic Justice 18 Mar, 2011

Interesting premise, deeply flawed execution, self-defeating message that doesn’t really make any sense. The first hour and a half of the movie seemed like it was building toward a climax that never happened, and culminated in an abrupt ending that dissolved what little dramatic tension there was without any actual resolution.

• Daniel Mumby

★½ Added by Daniel Mumby

When Ridley Scott showed him the rough cut of Blade Runner just months before he died, Philip K. Dick is said to have remarked: "it is as though you looked inside my head." But not all adaptations of Dick's work have been quite so ecstatically received. For all the ones that have worked (Total Recall, Minority Report, A Scanner Darkly), there have been at least as many that ditched the more thoughtful aspects of Dick's work in favour of chasing…

• Almer

★★★ Watched by Almer 17 Dec, 2014

A good looking Twilight Zone episode with excellent character work from Damon and Blunt and a dopey ending