• MovieMan23

★★ Added by MovieMan23

Forgettable movie that tries to be too my much.

• Matthew Wooldridge

★★★½ Watched by Matthew Wooldridge 14 Jun, 2011

I liked the film a lot. Ever since I saw the trailers I was wary about how they were going to handle a story where we have people that control reality as we know it and not mess it up. But by the time the final act came around, with its momentum building, I was cheering the lead and loving the film.

Damon and Blunt are the prefect romantic leads here - perfect casting. I was unsure of Mackie in…

• Adrian Zachow

★★★½ Watched by Adrian Zachow 11 Jun, 2011

Intriguing, often exciting thriller, which sees Damon play a Senator who stumbles upon a secret world order of suited men in hats, run by a mysterious "Chairman" who keeps "things running according to plan". When he falls for Blunt, and is told they are not to be together, he challenges this order. The film has it's many moments, but a few lulls too, and the ending is not as potent as it should have been, but all in all, an entertaining film.

• Hemi

★★★ Added by Hemi

This was better then i expected. The hat thing was a little odd, but worked well enough.

I enjoyed the idea of free will vs. a guiding hand. Having history prove we basically suck at free will.

Good Saturday afternoon watch.

• PanosKantz

★★½ Watched by PanosKantz 09 Nov, 2014

μην ξαναβάλετε στον Ματ αυτο το καπελο. ουαι

• Paul Davey

★★★ Watched by Paul Davey 30 Oct, 2014

A compelling concept that could have been incredible if executed differently. The competent tone just wasn't quite right for me. If it had been more confrontational, with 'edgier' music, I think it would have been more interesting.

• Larasati Aziz

★★½ Watched by Larasati Aziz 22 Oct, 2014

Interesting concept, poor execution. Matt Damon and Emily Blunt's chemistry was spot on though.

• Jacob Gehman

★★★★ Added by Jacob Gehman

The execution is not quite as stellar as the concept, but that concept is so great that it lifts the entire movie. Solid acting performances by most participants don't hurt any, either.

Edit: Good review, Jacob. Way to just nail everything on the head. Deep thoughts. Sigh. To be re-reviewed if/when I watch this again.

• Andy Summers

★★★★½ Rewatched by Andy Summers 20 Oct, 2014

The high-concept plot of The Adjustment Bureau isn't the most alluring thing in the film. It's an interesting science fiction thriller that's actually dominated by a romance that convinces from its very inception. Starring Matt Damon, (for once not breaking other people's limbs and playing the hardman) this sees a chance encounter with a beautiful woman and a passionate kiss that will change his life forever. If you believe in falling in love instantly then you will invest in this…

• beckyspreston

★★½ Watched by beckyspreston 20 Oct, 2014

A good concept, completely let down by the flat ending and schmaltzy final message.

• miriam

★★★★ Rewatched by miriam 14 Oct, 2014

interesante...

• radiomanhead

★★★½ Added by radiomanhead

Está bien la película, pero es demasiado... previsible, lineal... no, no es esa la palabra. Cobarde quizás. No sé. La cosa es que al final queda la sensación de que el director ha jugado sobre seguro, no ha querido en ningún momento tirarse a la piscina de cabeza o hacer algo rompedor, sino coger un esquema de probada valía y seguir el manual para hacer algo correcto y accesible, pero sin pulsar los botones que pudiesen llevarle más allá, aunque…