• fox

★★ Watched by fox 14 Jul, 2014

i watched this for jeff goldblum and for jeff goldblum only

• mrbalihai

★★★★½ Rewatched by mrbalihai 09 Nov, 2014 4

MONKEY BOYS ARE IN THE FACILITY

DO NOT PANIC

YOU ARE SECURE

• pillole di cinema

★★★½ Watched by pillole di cinema 14 Oct, 2014

Dentro The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai c'è una miniera di idee e battute incredibili. Sorprendente hamburger di generi in salsa anni '80.

• Mark Boszko

★★ Watched by Mark Boszko 21 Oct, 2014

The movie seems to trade on familiarity and buy-in with these characters from a previous movie that doesn't exist. We never really learn who anyone is, or why we should care about them, and while ACTION things are HAPPENING all of the time, there isn't any reason for me to care about any of it. Sad, since a lot of people obviously spent an amazing amount of effort, money, and time to make it look as good on the screen as it does.

• Andy

★★★★ Added by Andy

Un film che deve essere visto almeno 100 volte! Un classico degli anni 80 invecchiato alla grande

• Mild Sauce

★★½ Watched by Mild Sauce 17 Oct, 2014

I really wanted to like this: everything I've ever read about it made it sound quirky, idiosyncratic, and fun. Well ... I'll give it the first two, but it's not fun. It kinda drags, and despite some clever conceits and a few strong performances, it's undermined by an unimaginative visual style and poorly staged action. That said: I like the world-building here, and under better direction (and, to be frank, a more suitable budget) I could see myself becoming a Buckaroo Banzai fan.

• ndoane

★★ Watched by ndoane 19 Oct, 2014

Aloof cool. That is the ideal description of Peter Weller here. He is a nice central presence in a movie filled with crazy people and ludicrous plot ideas.

I only rarely was able to enjoy the silliness. Most of the time it just felt like excess for the sake of excess. And I do not like Lithgow when he goes this big.

• matthew, but only when my mom is mad at me, even at 35

★★★★ Added by matthew, but only when my mom is mad at me, even at 35

Jesus, what amazing credentials, on par with Birdman's.
    So many quotes, the pure balls of this film.

PERSONAL: Childhood fav., biased review. NEVER, for the rest of my life, will I shake the thought of Jeff Golblum in his "cowboy" get-up!

SIDE NOTE- Seriously, who doesn't like to have fun? There's an "80's sax."

• Bill Stiteler

★★★½ Added by Bill Stiteler 1

You can tell a lot about someone by how they react to this movie.

• kungpow12

★★★ Watched by kungpow12 22 Sep, 2014

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension is one of those movies that you either love or hate, or so they say. I can't make up my mind. Finally watched it last night after recording it off Encore and I have to say I'm conflicted. The story itself is solid as far as it goes, but the film itself is what trips me up. It's all over the place from a director's standpoint and the audience spends a…

• Radu Conopan

★★★½ Watched by Radu Conopan 17 Sep, 2014

Adventurer/surgeon/rock musician Buckaroo Banzai and his band of men, the Hong Kong Cavaliers, take on evil alien invaders from the 8th dimension.

• Colin the dude

★★★★ Rewatched by Colin the dude 15 Sep, 2014 7

"It's not my goddamn planet. Understand, monkey boy?"