• Jacob Mertens

★★★½ Watched by Jacob Mertens 14 Feb, 2015

Wigged out John Lithgow = cinematic gold.

• Paul Armstrong

★★★ Added by Paul Armstrong

Every bit as insane, terrible and great as the title suggests.

• Igor Dumitraskovic

★★★ Watched by Igor Dumitraskovic 11 Feb, 2015

Funny, stupid, cool, little weird, Sci-Fi comedy/parody with silly special effects and great actors - Peter Weller, John Lithgow, Jeff Goldblum...
    I gotta say I expected more, but it's ok.

• Negative Creep

★★★½ Watched by Negative Creep 24 Dec, 2014

The cast is as unbelievable as the script! I don't know if I have stumbled upon a film remotely similar to this one, so unique in its weirdness and so naive in its pretension.

• Zraicis

★★★★½ Added by Zraicis

Takes itself seriously enough to not be too over the top.

• Nick Rogers

★★★½ Rewatched by Nick Rogers 24 Jul, 2014

Boasting a title so long you’re apt to doze off simply reading it, “The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension” is a hodgepodge homage whose chances of hooking the hoi polloi were somehow less than hopeless.

“Buckaroo” purported to zip along on the zappy, manic energy “Ghostbusters” showed earlier in the summer of 1984. (“Buckaroo” bailed on an original release of June 8 — a date on which, astoundingly, both “Ghostbusters” and “Gremlins” opened in a rare same-week…

• Robert Lalonde

★★★★ Rewatched by Robert Lalonde 24 Jan, 2015 1

I am so fucking happy this is on TV right now!!!!

• Devin Sheridan

★★ Watched by Devin Sheridan 19 Jan, 2015

I can see why this is a cult film but to me it has the feeling of a kid telling you a story and making it up as they go along. "So there is this guy, and his name is Buckaroo Banzai and he is a surgeon and he drives a rocket car that goes through a mountain and oh AND he is in the best rock group ever where a guy plays two saxophones annnnnd... his friend is Jeff Goldblum..."

• Matt Joseph

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Joseph 20 Jan, 2015

Got my new Umbrella Entertainment Blu-ray is the mail today. Movie has a nice bit rate and looks pretty good, lossless sound is as expected for a movie of its age and it's a region A/B disc. Good, good and good. It has all of the original MGM DVD special features, but they're in PAL so the PS3 had a slight fit when I tried to play them. Queue Price Is Right losing horn.

Shortly after this was ordered it…

• Matt Fisher

★★ Watched by Matt Fisher 20 Jan, 2015 2

This movie... this was not my kind of movie.

View

• Ryzhæ Scotxðal or Ð△ܠȝ؟ or Sir. D. Ryz Sc. Hu'chinson (Drysk): Ze Ol' Soi-Disant Opinionist

★★★★ Added by Ryzhæ Scotxðal or Ð△ܠȝ؟ or Sir. D. Ryz Sc. Hu'chinson (Drysk): Ze Ol' Soi-Disant Opinionist

I liked the Movie
    Tl;DR: So a Polymath Scientist and his Rocking Team must stop evil invaders.

• Jason Alley

★★★★ Rewatched by Jason Alley 03 Jan, 2015

Needs some major tightening up in the editing/pacing department (something about the frantic-yet-unfocused second half puts me to sleep every time), but it's got spirit, imagination, and creativity to spare, not to mention a fantastic cast.

Also, possibly the most endearing closing credits sequence ever.