• E Harrison

★★★★½ Watched by E Harrison 17 Apr, 2015

im probably gonna watch this about 20 times

• Jay-r Trinidad

★★★½ Watched by Jay-r Trinidad 13 Apr, 2015

surprisingly amusing and its unorthodox feels with every aspect that does not really complement with each other was the driving force in this odd film. it's like that bad date that you'd often wonder and hope to experience and yet when you're there, it puts you in a position to the seemingly likeable event and yet, a twist that is not fit for everyone.

• kotter35

★★★★★ Added by kotter35

The closest America has ever come to Doctor Who. Not including TNT's The Librarians. But cinematically speaking it's the closest we've come.

• wulfgar111

★★★ Watched by wulfgar111 29 Mar, 2015

This was quite the crazy, goofy film that was just good enough to make it worth the watch. There are so many bonkers things going on that you never know which one will catch your attention.

Zany performaces by Lithgow, Lloyd, Goldblum along with others that are too numerous to mention.

I also got to see a completely different Ellen Barkin.

I could see giving this one another go in a few years to see if I see different things.

• Naughty

½ Watched by Naughty 11 Mar, 2015 6

....................................................................................................................................
    Film #10 of the March Madness 80s Sci-Fi Movie Challenge!
    letterboxd.com/naughty/list/march-madness-80s-sci-fi-movie-challenge/

I don't know if I'm the right gender to appreciate this! Hell I don't even know if I'm the right species!

• Jason Hernandez

★★★ Watched by Jason Hernandez 26 Jul, 2011

One of the most 80s things ever and an entertaining specimen of the "sci-fi/action movies that make no sense at all" genre. It's right up there with Big Trouble in Little China in that regard. Deadpan humor and non sequitur moments fly freely in nearly every scene of this film that stars Peter Weller as a famous particle physicist who also happens to be a brain surgeon and a rock star AND who figures out how to build a machine…

• Thorin Mofdaat

★★★★½ Added by Thorin Mofdaat

The music for this movie is an eighties shit. Even the great melody at the end, is shat on with synth ass. It should've been done with a pipe and a drum, and an electric guitar. Look at me, mr movie soundtrack guy. But the aliens look great and it has the line "Why is there a watermelon there?"...................... "I'll tell you later." But then again, why does Penny act so fuckin weird? She sucks, she does everything so theatrically. Fuckin' act like a human, woman.

• Jacob Mertens

★★★½ Watched by Jacob Mertens 14 Feb, 2015

Wigged out John Lithgow = cinematic gold.

• Paul Armstrong

★★★ Added by Paul Armstrong

Every bit as insane, terrible and great as the title suggests.

• Igor Dumitraskovic

★★★ Watched by Igor Dumitraskovic 11 Feb, 2015

Funny, stupid, cool, little weird, Sci-Fi comedy/parody with silly special effects and great actors - Peter Weller, John Lithgow, Jeff Goldblum...
    I gotta say I expected more, but it's ok.

• Negative Creep

★★★½ Watched by Negative Creep 24 Dec, 2014

The cast is as unbelievable as the script! I don't know if I have stumbled upon a film remotely similar to this one, so unique in its weirdness and so naive in its pretension.

• Zraicis

★★★★½ Added by Zraicis

Takes itself seriously enough to not be too over the top.