• Peng

★★★½ Watched by Peng 19 Dec, 2014

Zany to the point of inconsequential at times, but this comic fantasy adventure is always very enjoyable. Charming old-school special effects, a bunch of cool odd-ball performances, great humor, and quotable as hell: "The time has come, Bigbooté. Prepare for my return."

• Phil Sternwise

★★★★ Added by Phil Sternwise

Peter Weller is simply great in this very fun sci-fi action piece about aliens who have infiltrated the military industrial complex.

•  Justin Purwitsky

★★★★½ Rewatched by Justin Purwitsky 16 Jan, 2010

A ridiculously awesome cast in a ridiculously awesome movie that gets better and better with age. I've been watching it since I was a young tyke and it played all the time on television. More people need to see this; this needs to play in revival theatres more often.

Why has a sequel not been greenlit yet? Has a better question ever been asked? I think not

Production Design: 9 out of 10
    Cinematography: 8 out of 10
    Re-playability: 10…

• indianajones64

★★★★ Watched by indianajones64 25 Nov, 2014

Totally bitchin' flick. Wild and crazy and fun. Maybe you don't know whats going on much, but it is certainly a delight to watch. There are some performances that are nothing short of gems, including a young Jeff Goldblum as a New Jersey cowboy freshly inducted into the gang. Peter Weller is stoic and glamorous as ever as the scientist/gangleader hero, Ellen Barkin as a reluctant depressed love interest, plenty of early eighties heartthrobs as Banzai's gang. But John Lithgow…

• sage

★★ Watched by sage 14 Jul, 2014

i watched this for jeff goldblum and for jeff goldblum only

• mrbalihai

★★★★½ Rewatched by mrbalihai 09 Nov, 2014 4

MONKEY BOYS ARE IN THE FACILITY

DO NOT PANIC

YOU ARE SECURE

• pillole di cinema

★★★½ Watched by pillole di cinema 14 Oct, 2014

Dentro The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai c'è una miniera di idee e battute incredibili. Sorprendente hamburger di generi in salsa anni '80.

• Mark Boszko

★★ Watched by Mark Boszko 21 Oct, 2014

The movie seems to trade on familiarity and buy-in with these characters from a previous movie that doesn't exist. We never really learn who anyone is, or why we should care about them, and while ACTION things are HAPPENING all of the time, there isn't any reason for me to care about any of it. Sad, since a lot of people obviously spent an amazing amount of effort, money, and time to make it look as good on the screen as it does.

• Andy

★★★★ Added by Andy

Un film che deve essere visto almeno 100 volte! Un classico degli anni 80 invecchiato alla grande

• Mild Sauce

★★½ Watched by Mild Sauce 17 Oct, 2014

I really wanted to like this: everything I've ever read about it made it sound quirky, idiosyncratic, and fun. Well ... I'll give it the first two, but it's not fun. It kinda drags, and despite some clever conceits and a few strong performances, it's undermined by an unimaginative visual style and poorly staged action. That said: I like the world-building here, and under better direction (and, to be frank, a more suitable budget) I could see myself becoming a Buckaroo Banzai fan.

• ndoane

★★ Watched by ndoane 19 Oct, 2014

Aloof cool. That is the ideal description of Peter Weller here. He is a nice central presence in a movie filled with crazy people and ludicrous plot ideas.

I only rarely was able to enjoy the silliness. Most of the time it just felt like excess for the sake of excess. And I do not like Lithgow when he goes this big.

• matthew, but only when my mom is mad at me, even at 35

★★★★ Added by matthew, but only when my mom is mad at me, even at 35

Jesus, what amazing credentials, on par with Birdman's.
    So many quotes, the pure balls of this film.

PERSONAL: Childhood fav., biased review. NEVER, for the rest of my life, will I shake the thought of Jeff Golblum in his "cowboy" get-up!

SIDE NOTE- Seriously, who doesn't like to have fun? There's an "80's sax."