• SJHoneywell

★★★★½ Added by SJHoneywell 2

In many ways, it's
    The prototype for what should
    Be comic book films.

• Jacob deNobel

Rewatched by Jacob deNobel 12 Aug, 2015

In the show Steven Universe, Steven is obsessed with fry-bits, the crispy little ends of fries that are left in the fryer after all of the french fries have been taken out and eaten.

Buckaroo Banzai is a movie made entirely out of fry-bits.

It's amazing.

• Robert Svihla

Watched by Robert Svihla 08 Aug, 2015

Well, this sure is a movie.

• Walker King

★★★★½ Watched by Walker King 08 Aug, 2015

This is such a feel-good, perfectly realized, distinctly envisioned movie that I am legitimately depressed there were never any sequels. I guess I'm glad that every single member of the cast went on to greater fame, though.

• Luke Ryan

★★★★½ Watched by Luke Ryan 17 Jul, 2015

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai is not only an 80s cult classic that I would've adored growing up, it's an 80s cult classic I had no idea existed. That's how cult it is. When I heard Arrow Video were releasing it, the outlandish title sounded vaguely familiar to me. Then I read the cast list. Holy shit. Some of my favourite actors are all assembled here in a totally batshit crazy film that goes in all directions at the same…

• Sam Preston

★★½ Watched by Sam Preston 13 Apr, 2015

The Adventures Of Buckaroo Banzai Across The 8th Dimension

Directed by W.D. Richter.

Written by Earl Mac Rauch.

Cast includes Peter Weller, John Lithglow, Clancy Brown, Christopher Lloyd, Jeff Goldblum, Ellen Barkin, Pepe Serna, Lewis Smith, Billy Vera, Carl Lumbly, Vincent Schiavelli.

Released in 1984, an American Science Fiction film, with a running time of 102 minutes, and a PG rating.

For Emerald City Cinema, we are now nearing the end of our fifth week. Dan’s choices so far had…

• feedingbrett

★½ Watched by feedingbrett 04 Aug, 2015 7

Review In A Nutshell:

"Buckaroo Banzai" is a film that blends many of its desired genres, creating an atmosphere that many of us would now refer to as "very 80s". It pushes its absurdity to a point that is deeply unapologetic, a film that places its thoughtful intentions through deepened layering, to the point that it may not be even apparent in multiple viewings. Its primary motivation however is to entertain, and within that perspective, this is where the film…

• Rachel

Watched by Rachel 03 Aug, 2015

Perhaps the worst thing I've subjected myself to purely for Jeff Goldblum.

• mick_huda

..... I don't know. It's too bland. Not for me :/

• dave_or_did
  • Ben @ Film Intel

★★★ Watched by Ben @ Film Intel 20 Jul, 2015

"Richter's film is... enjoyable, often thanks to its comprehensively strong cast... Weller too is superb in the lead, carrying off the polymath protagonist with the right combination of machismo, intelligence and effortless cool. That the surreal nature of the film works well much more often than not, regularly making up for the narrative weaknesses, is often thanks to the commitment and ability of those playing out such eccentric material". Read my full review of The Adventures Of Buckaroo Banzai Across The 8th Dimension at Film Intel