• Patricia

..... I don't know. It's too bland. Not for me :/

• dave_or_did
  • Ben @ Film Intel

★★★ Watched by Ben @ Film Intel 20 Jul, 2015

"Richter's film is... enjoyable, often thanks to its comprehensively strong cast... Weller too is superb in the lead, carrying off the polymath protagonist with the right combination of machismo, intelligence and effortless cool. That the surreal nature of the film works well much more often than not, regularly making up for the narrative weaknesses, is often thanks to the commitment and ability of those playing out such eccentric material". Read my full review of The Adventures Of Buckaroo Banzai Across The 8th Dimension at Film Intel

• Kevin Matthews

★★★ Rewatched by Kevin Matthews 20 Jul, 2015

Second time seeing this, still don't really get the love for it. There are some good lines, fun characters, and an enjoyable irreverence, but it also feels as if it is trying to hard to be quirky in order to compensate for what it lacks in other areas. You can't fail to have some fun with that great cast though.

• Tom Prankerd

★★★★ Watched by Tom Prankerd 15 Jul, 2015

Well, that was certainly unique. A tremendous swaggering fantasy that puts a huge smile on your face by treating its' absurd blend of old-school pulp and juvenile adventure with a commendably straight face instead of arch post-modernism (but still packed with great pop culture references). A true original, unimaginable now.

• Michael Raine

★★★★ Watched by Michael Raine 15 Jul, 2015

Anything but subtle. Also fun, inventive and free feeling.

And that cast? Perfection.

• stevenedwards

★★★½ Watched by stevenedwards 12 Jul, 2015

This was a lot to take in on first viewing but the impeccable cast and quotable dialogue helped move things along and made it an enjoyable ride. This is such a richly detailed world that it is too bad there weren't more installments, but at least we will always have that end credits scene which I never wanted to end

• sdelmonte

★★★ Added by sdelmonte

Incredibly scattershot, stupid, and low budget film that is also fun, smart, and clever. In other words, an utter mess but an endearing one. When I arranged a screening of it for friends about a decade ago, half thought I was nuts to waste their time with it, and half had already seen it six times. There is no middle ground. And yet my grade is in the middle. Hard to ignore everything that's wrong, no matter how much I…

• cblaze

★★★½ Watched by cblaze 05 Jul, 2015 2

Film 6/30 of Scavenger Hunt Challenge #4

letterboxd.com/cblaze/list/scavenger-hunt-4/

Task #12. A film featuring a genius

I want to live in a world where a brain surgeon, rock star, scientist has his own comic book and gives the President advice on war.

This movie moves at an advanced speed. In a way it's frustrating because I wanted to appreciate all of it - but it didn't let me because it instead wanted to challenge me. These are the characters - this…

• Andreas

★★★ Watched by Andreas 04 Jul, 2015

Don't get that end tune out of my head... The rest is a solid dumb 80ies movies which I give more stars than it objectively deserves. But you know those childhood feelings towards some movies, don't you?

• rrubo

Watched by rrubo 18 Jun, 2015

¡Qué boneeeeetooooo! Esto está como salido de la imaginación de un niño de 8 años.

Debo buscarla con subtítulos porque no le entendí a varios diálogos, pero estoy casi seguro de que eran puro gibberish científico. Aún así la película no pierde nada. No puedes perder cuando tu protagonista es una estrella de rock/neurocirujano/héroe de cómics/científico loco combatiendo contra alienígenas y uno de sus secuaces es Jeff Goldblum vestido de vaquero y otro se llama Perfect Tommy.

Quizá lo mejor…

• Scott Reynolds

★★★★★ Rewatched by Scott Reynolds 14 Jun, 2015

Nitehawk cinema afternoon brunch.

I love this movie. I want to turn it into a tv show.

It is so out there -- but fully committed to being out there. Pulpy, sci-fi complete with watermelons stuck between presses. And boy, does it move. It never lets up in plot or action. All leading to the coolest end walk to music until Reservoir Dogs.