• Michael

★★★★ Watched by Michael 23 Jun, 2011

Tremendously fun with a brilliant variety off-kilter delivery of lines from at least half of the cast flavoring what, taken by itself, could have been a tepid story.

• Gareth

★★★ Watched by Gareth 17 Aug, 2014

WACKY film!

• Tristiac

★★½ Rewatched by Tristiac 10 Aug, 2014

I want to like it but the problem is this reeks of effort. A bit too alienating

• superactionbros

Added by superactionbros

This week the Super Action Bros pile into the jetcar and try to find their way out of the eighth dimension.

Direct Download: traffic.libsyn.com/superactionbros/Episode_14__The_Adventures_of_Buckaroo_Banzai_Across_the_Eighth_Dimension.m4a
    iTunes: itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/super-action-bros./id841096337?mt=2
    RSS: feed://feeds.feedburner.com/SuperActionBros?format=xml

• Ryan Gelley

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ryan Gelley 18 Jul, 2014

Between my 12th and 13th birthday, there were three films I watched approximately 50 times each: Aliens, Ghostbusters, and The Adventures Of Buckaroo Banzai Across The 8th Dimension. The movie is weird and unique and contributed greatly to my fondness for genre films. The cast (Weller, Lithgow, Barkin, Goldblum, Hedaya, Clancy Brown, etc) is talented, the filmmakers are inspired, and the movie is 100 minutes of give-no-fucks freewheeling fun.

• Nathanial

Watched by Nathanial 09 Jul, 2014

This movie was super tacky and painful to continue watching. Literally had to force myself, and I kept getting distracted.

• dominoparker

★★ Rewatched by dominoparker 08 Jul, 2014

Part of me really understands where this movie is coming from. It's something totally original and completely crazy. I feel like I should really enjoy this more than I do. I felt that way the first time I watched it, which was why I bothered to watch it a second time. Both times, the same overwhelming boredom has gripped me somewhere around the middle of the film. I can't explain it, but for some reason the crazy just disconnects me…

• Cinemaddict

Watched by Cinemaddict 08 Jul, 2014 3

Starts out sort of like Iron Man, except it's barely comprehensible. It does not get better. The positive reviews for this are ridiculous, it's an awful movie.

• Bernardino

★★★ Watched by Bernardino 01 Jul, 2014

It's an abstract kind of what the fuck is going on

• Ben Lott

★½ Watched by Ben Lott 26 Jun, 2014

What in the world did I watch?! This movie is absolutely insane. Let's see if I can even attempt a synopsis. Buckaroo Banzai is a brain surgeon who drives race cars and works on his parents' research in inter-dimensional travel. (This isn't even mentioning the fact that he plays with a band, that his bandmates are like a privately-owned militia of some kind, or that he stars in his own comic book.) So he successfully travels through the 8th dimension…

• thenextreel

★★★½ Watched by thenextreel 27 Jun, 2014

“Remember: no matter where you go, there you are."

As someone once said, cult films aren't born, they're chosen. The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension failed at the box office, but the film was just quirky enough to find that fan base and get propelled into cult status. While the film didn't do well enough to warrant a sequel, it did find a big fan in Pete. Join us — Andy Nelson and Pete Wright — as…

• AlphaDream