• Dustin

★★★★ Watched by Dustin 01 Oct, 2015

Jeff Goldblum as a brain surgeon that dresses like a cowboy for some reason who questions the random placement of pumpkins??
    I think I smell the pungent odor of spin-off material...

• Mr. DuLac

★★★★ Rewatched by Mr. DuLac 23 Sep, 2015 3

Why is there a watermelon there?
    -New Jersey

First time watching my Arrow Video Blu-ray of a film that still begs for it's sequel to be made, Buckaroo Banzai Against the World Crime League.

I already reviewed the film here, so I'll skip my usual nonsense and just post a link to Kevin Smith's SMoviola "Buckaroo Banzai" at the 49th New York Film Festival, it's a special feature on the BD, but it's been widely available on YouTube for years.…

• Joe

★★½ Watched by Joe 14 Sep, 2015 3

Robocop is a rock star science man, John Lithgow is a ginger Italian (I think) crazy person, and Christopher Lloyd is a rubber mask alien monster all the while Jeff Goldblum dresses like a cowboy. Add that to this amazing title and you've got a recipe for cinema's finest achievement.

Nope! Its garbage. I can forgive the nonsense narrative (or embrace it even) if it wasn't the most boring thing ever. Such an ugly film. Maybe its the film stock. Disappointment of the century.

• Robert Boileau

★★ Watched by Robert Boileau 06 Sep, 2015

I always thought this movie starred Paul Reiser from the poster, but Peter Weller is much better.

What a wacky film, not without its charm, but it's very goofy 80s cult. Maybe if I would have seen it when I was younger it may have made more of an impression on me.

The end could have used a group dance sequence!

• SJHoneywell

★★★★½ Added by SJHoneywell 2

In many ways, it's
    The prototype for what should
    Be comic book films.

• Jacob deNobel

Rewatched by Jacob deNobel 12 Aug, 2015

In the show Steven Universe, Steven is obsessed with fry-bits, the crispy little ends of fries that are left in the fryer after all of the french fries have been taken out and eaten.

Buckaroo Banzai is a movie made entirely out of fry-bits.

It's amazing.

• Robert Svihla

Watched by Robert Svihla 08 Aug, 2015

Well, this sure is a movie.

• Walker King

★★★★½ Watched by Walker King 08 Aug, 2015

This is such a feel-good, perfectly realized, distinctly envisioned movie that I am legitimately depressed there were never any sequels. I guess I'm glad that every single member of the cast went on to greater fame, though.

• Luke Ryan

★★★★½ Watched by Luke Ryan 17 Jul, 2015

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai is not only an 80s cult classic that I would've adored growing up, it's an 80s cult classic I had no idea existed. That's how cult it is. When I heard Arrow Video were releasing it, the outlandish title sounded vaguely familiar to me. Then I read the cast list. Holy shit. Some of my favourite actors are all assembled here in a totally batshit crazy film that goes in all directions at the same…

• Sam Preston

★★½ Watched by Sam Preston 13 Apr, 2015

The Adventures Of Buckaroo Banzai Across The 8th Dimension

Directed by W.D. Richter.

Written by Earl Mac Rauch.

Cast includes Peter Weller, John Lithglow, Clancy Brown, Christopher Lloyd, Jeff Goldblum, Ellen Barkin, Pepe Serna, Lewis Smith, Billy Vera, Carl Lumbly, Vincent Schiavelli.

Released in 1984, an American Science Fiction film, with a running time of 102 minutes, and a PG rating.

For Emerald City Cinema, we are now nearing the end of our fifth week. Dan’s choices so far had…

• feedingbrett

★½ Watched by feedingbrett 04 Aug, 2015 7

Review In A Nutshell:

"Buckaroo Banzai" is a film that blends many of its desired genres, creating an atmosphere that many of us would now refer to as "very 80s". It pushes its absurdity to a point that is deeply unapologetic, a film that places its thoughtful intentions through deepened layering, to the point that it may not be even apparent in multiple viewings. Its primary motivation however is to entertain, and within that perspective, this is where the film…

• Rachel

Watched by Rachel 03 Aug, 2015

Perhaps the worst thing I've subjected myself to purely for Jeff Goldblum.