• Robert Lalonde

★★★★ Rewatched by Robert Lalonde 24 Jan, 2015 1

I am so fucking happy this is on TV right now!!!!

• Devin Sheridan

★★ Watched by Devin Sheridan 19 Jan, 2015

I can see why this is a cult film but to me it has the feeling of a kid telling you a story and making it up as they go along. "So there is this guy, and his name is Buckaroo Banzai and he is a surgeon and he drives a rocket car that goes through a mountain and oh AND he is in the best rock group ever where a guy plays two saxophones annnnnd... his friend is Jeff Goldblum..."

• Matt Joseph

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Joseph 20 Jan, 2015

Got my new Umbrella Entertainment Blu-ray is the mail today. Movie has a nice bit rate and looks pretty good, lossless sound is as expected for a movie of its age and it's a region A/B disc. Good, good and good. It has all of the original MGM DVD special features, but they're in PAL so the PS3 had a slight fit when I tried to play them. Queue Price Is Right losing horn.

Shortly after this was ordered it…

• Matt Fisher

★★ Watched by Matt Fisher 20 Jan, 2015 2

This movie... this was not my kind of movie.

View

• Sir. Dale Hutchinson (Real Name, Fake Title): Some Asshole Ranting about Films

★★★★ Added by Sir. Dale Hutchinson (Real Name, Fake Title): Some Asshole Ranting about Films

I liked the Movie
    Tl;DR: So a Polymath Scientist and his Rocking Team must stop evil invaders.

• Jason Alley

★★★★ Rewatched by Jason Alley 03 Jan, 2015

Needs some major tightening up in the editing/pacing department (something about the frantic-yet-unfocused second half puts me to sleep every time), but it's got spirit, imagination, and creativity to spare, not to mention a fantastic cast.

Also, possibly the most endearing closing credits sequence ever.

• Taylor Penny

★★★★★ Added by Taylor Penny

greatest cult flick ever.

• Para136

★★★★ Watched by Para136 26 Dec, 2014

"Buckaroo Banzai und die Hong Kong Cavaliers" sind ne Mischung aus Indiana Jones und Scoobey Doo. Gemeinschaftlich erleben sie Abenteuer als Musiker, Chirurgen, Physiker und Weltretter.

In diesem Abenteuer geht es um die Aliens vom Planeten Zehn die ihre roten Mitaliens in die 8. Dimension verbannt haben (voll die Rassisten ey). Diese lungern aber, nach nem missglückten Experiment von Buckaroos Vater, getarnt auf der Erde rum und wollen wieder zurück zum Planet Zehn.

Richtig umgehauen hat mich der Film nicht,…

• Peng

★★★½ Watched by Peng 19 Dec, 2014

Zany to the point of inconsequential at times, but this comic fantasy adventure is always very enjoyable. Charming old-school special effects, a bunch of cool odd-ball performances, great humor, and quotable as hell: "The time has come, Bigbooté. Prepare for my return."

• Phil Sternwise

★★★★ Added by Phil Sternwise

Peter Weller is simply great in this very fun sci-fi action piece about aliens who have infiltrated the military industrial complex.

•  Justin Purwitsky

★★★★½ Rewatched by Justin Purwitsky 16 Jan, 2010

A ridiculously awesome cast in a ridiculously awesome movie that gets better and better with age. I've been watching it since I was a young tyke and it played all the time on television. More people need to see this; this needs to play in revival theatres more often.

Why has a sequel not been greenlit yet? Has a better question ever been asked? I think not

Production Design: 9 out of 10
    Cinematography: 8 out of 10
    Re-playability: 10…

• indianajones64

★★★★ Watched by indianajones64 25 Nov, 2014

Totally bitchin' flick. Wild and crazy and fun. Maybe you don't know whats going on much, but it is certainly a delight to watch. There are some performances that are nothing short of gems, including a young Jeff Goldblum as a New Jersey cowboy freshly inducted into the gang. Peter Weller is stoic and glamorous as ever as the scientist/gangleader hero, Ellen Barkin as a reluctant depressed love interest, plenty of early eighties heartthrobs as Banzai's gang. But John Lithgow…