• Jordon Davidson

★★★ Watched by Jordon Davidson 01 Nov, 2015

Loved the idea of this more than the execution. Or the pile up of crazy idea after wacky idea. Could not turn away from the screen, incredulous smile fixed in place.

Impressed by the content, and by the cast - constant "is that? No way!"

• BaronVanTheo

★★★½ Watched by BaronVanTheo 12 Nov, 2015

I truly believe a single review is probably not able to describe, how much madness this movie contains.
    Grab some snacks, switch off your brain and enjoy this trash flick!

• Christian Katzorke

★★★ Rewatched by Christian Katzorke 11 Nov, 2015

Boah - it has been a veeery long time since I last saw Buckaroo Banzai. Of course my mind rricked me, it wasn't as good as I remember :-P

• Mithrenn

★★★★★ Added by Mithrenn

i have given Buckaroo Banzai 5 stars not for its specific cinematic merits, but for its audacity, creativity and fun factor. BB should be approached as a "cult" movie as such. Production is wildly uneven, but on balance i enjoy BB thoroughly because of its unstinting and unapologetic vitality. if you hate it, please don't spoil the fun for those of us who love it because we Probably Realize Better Than You what it is not. Best to All. HAPPY HUNTING.

• Dustin

★★★★ Watched by Dustin 01 Oct, 2015

Jeff Goldblum as a brain surgeon that dresses like a cowboy for some reason who questions the random placement of pumpkins??
    I think I smell the pungent odor of spin-off material...

• Mr. DuLac

★★★★ Rewatched by Mr. DuLac 23 Sep, 2015 3

Why is there a watermelon there?
    -New Jersey

First time watching my Arrow Video Blu-ray of a film that still begs for it's sequel to be made, Buckaroo Banzai Against the World Crime League.

I already reviewed the film here, so I'll skip my usual nonsense and just post a link to Kevin Smith's SMoviola "Buckaroo Banzai" at the 49th New York Film Festival, it's a special feature on the BD, but it's been widely available on YouTube for years.…

• Joe

★★½ Watched by Joe 14 Sep, 2015 3

Robocop is a rock star science man, John Lithgow is a ginger Italian (I think) crazy person, and Christopher Lloyd is a rubber mask alien monster all the while Jeff Goldblum dresses like a cowboy. Add that to this amazing title and you've got a recipe for cinema's finest achievement.

Nope! Its garbage. I can forgive the nonsense narrative (or embrace it even) if it wasn't the most boring thing ever. Such an ugly film. Maybe its the film stock. Disappointment of the century.

• Robert Boileau

★★ Watched by Robert Boileau 06 Sep, 2015

I always thought this movie starred Paul Reiser from the poster, but Peter Weller is much better.

What a wacky film, not without its charm, but it's very goofy 80s cult. Maybe if I would have seen it when I was younger it may have made more of an impression on me.

The end could have used a group dance sequence!

• SJHoneywell

★★★★½ Added by SJHoneywell 2

In many ways, it's
    The prototype for what should
    Be comic book films.

• Jacob deNobel

Rewatched by Jacob deNobel 12 Aug, 2015

In the show Steven Universe, Steven is obsessed with fry-bits, the crispy little ends of fries that are left in the fryer after all of the french fries have been taken out and eaten.

Buckaroo Banzai is a movie made entirely out of fry-bits.

It's amazing.

• Robert Svihla

Watched by Robert Svihla 08 Aug, 2015

Well, this sure is a movie.

• Walker King

★★★★½ Watched by Walker King 08 Aug, 2015

This is such a feel-good, perfectly realized, distinctly envisioned movie that I am legitimately depressed there were never any sequels. I guess I'm glad that every single member of the cast went on to greater fame, though.