• abbie

★★★★★ Watched by abbie 03 Aug, 2015

peter parker, my small spidey son

• Calum Iain MacIver

★★ Watched by Calum Iain MacIver 23 Dec, 2012

“The Amazing Spider-Man” is a re-booting of the Spider-Man franchise and is an enjoyable, if somewhat simplistic action movie. It stays close enough to the source material to be recognisable, but sadly mucks about so much with the Spider-Man origin story, Peter Parker’s relationship with Gwen Stacey and other key aspects of the Spider-Man mythos as to make it a highly irritating experience. While I recognise that the adaptation of a comic into a movie requires a certain level of…

• ortolanph

★★★★ Watched by ortolanph 02 Aug, 2015

This is a reboot for Spider Man movies. Marvel's idea was to get the Marvel Ultimate Universe and make it real. This time the focus was on how the death of Peter Parker parents is influencing him now and he is determined to find out how it happened. The problem is that for it, he has to transform into Spider Man, uncle Ben must die and a menace is on the loose in the city.

• Anthony Falco

★★★½ Added by Anthony Falco

The Amazing Spider-Man reboot gets unfairly criticized; I understand that this picture could be seen as unnecessary, but the studio heads were not going to allow the corpse, known as Spider-Man 3, to get cold before attempting another. For a while, a fourth Raimi film was being discussed, but as soon as that fell apart, everyone knew that a reboot was inevitable. However, no one thought they were going to start with another origin story: and therein lies the problem.…

• Isabel Wittmann

★★★½ Watched by Isabel Wittmann 28 Jul, 2015 4

Emma Stone.

• Gordon Adair

★★★ Watched by Gordon Adair 26 Jul, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

When I heard the Sam Raimi Spider-Man series was being retired and the film franchise was being rebooted, like many my response was "What? Why?" Content with the origin story starring Tobey Maguire, I gave this film the cold shoulder for three years, only just now begrudgingly giving it a look. Fortunately, I'm glad I did.

I'm not sure that there is anything particularly innovative or ground-breaking about this Spider-Man reboot, but it's none the less an entertaining and well…

• Parker Smykle

★★★★½ Rewatched by Parker Smykle 24 Jul, 2015

One of my favorite superhero films of all time in love this film and that's all that's I needed to say :) :) :) overall rating 9.75/10

• athenap

★★★★ Added by athenap

aww emma stone and andrew garfidld are so cute together
    why would they feel the need to make a new one though

• alexbhades

★★★ Watched by alexbhades 29 Nov, 2012

Pues si, me ha gustado, los efectos son de puta madre y todo eso, pero ¿hacia falta????.
    Que alguien les explique a estos señores que con el dineral que se han gastado se podrían haber inventado otro superheroe, que ya hemos visto demasiadas pelis de Spider-man.
    Eso si, Emma Stone le da mil vueltas a Kristen Dunst.
    PD:¿Y ahora que toca?, ¿The amazing Spider-man 2?, y después ¿vamos a por la trilogía?.

• Jeff Kimble

★★★½ Added by Jeff Kimble

Andrew Garfield is my favorite Peter Parker. Love this guy. This was a cool origin story with a cool villain as well.

• LoveofCelluloid

★★★ Rewatched by LoveofCelluloid 23 Apr, 2014

Instead of Sam Raimi's SPIDER-MAN 4, we received this so-so reboot...

Full review located at: