• Ryan Hess

★★★ Watched by Ryan Hess 26 Jun, 2015

I watched all of this for the first time in Spanish and I basically understood it. All the guys moving their cranes to help Man Spider at the end was super cheesy BUT it's a Spider-Man movie that didn't kill the villain and Gwen Stacy is hot.

• SpiderManWithin

★★★★★ Rewatched by SpiderManWithin 30 May, 2015

I love this movie the most and It's my favorite Spider-Man movie. I watched it, many times. But it was on TV, for the first time on ITV. So I watched it on Saturday 30th May, when it was shown on TV.

Massive review so... continuing later.

• Brendon Fogle

★★★★ Added by Brendon Fogle

Garfield really rocks the roll, and the story is just different enough from Raimi's that it feels fresh. I only wish this group would continue within the MCU. As a character, Spider-Man is cool and interesting, and will be a welcome addition to the Avengers (I hope).

• Tommy Brennan

★★★ Rewatched by Tommy Brennan 28 Jun, 2015

Part of the Sci-Fi Original vs. Remake Battle Royale

There is plenty of fun to be had in Mark Webb's reboot of the popular superhero franchise. Much more in fact than I remember, and it is done in a significantly better way than its 2014 sequel.

The Amazing Spider-Man does the original trilogy some justice, in that it continues on where Sam Raimi had intended to go with his ultimately ill-fated Spider-Man 4. As it introduces popular comic baddy The…

• eschwa22

Added by eschwa22

2/10: ★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

• Travis Wagner

★★★ Watched by Travis Wagner 25 Jun, 2015

Reboots on repeat. Spider-Man be constant y'all.

• SteveDrums

Watched by SteveDrums 26 Jun, 2015

Spectacularly un-amazing. Dull, dull, dull. Why reboot something that was working, and far, far better? Won't bother with the next one. Sole saving grace was President Bartlet.

• Höddi

★★★ Rewatched by Höddi 23 Jun, 2015

Notes on this viewing:

Webb's voice isn't nearly as suffocated as in the sequel, but the interference of clumsy screenwriting is still too noticeable for this to ever be as good as Raimi's first.

But there's a certain something here, an uncommon tenderness that I feel has been absent in the superhero genre in recent years, and I can't help it, this keeps me coming back for more.
    So yeah... well done Marc Webb?

In keeping with giving credit where…

• Ryster

★★★½ Watched by Ryster 23 Jun, 2015

Here's the thing with The Amazing Spider-Man, it's a reboot of Spider-Man and it came out not that long after Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3. So I always thought it was a pointless idea, why reboot something that hasn't been gone that long. But we got it anyway. I liked Raimi's first two Spider-Man films, I thought they were fun and the first one is the earliest superhero film I remember watching all the time. This film doesn't have the advantage…

• Joel Halvarsson

★★½ Watched by Joel Halvarsson 11 Jun, 2015

A forgettable, but at least pretty harmless superhero-movie. When put in contrast with it's sequel that feels far more cynically constructed than this.

With exception of Garfields performance, some of the web-swinging and some action-sequences i stand pretty much indifferent to the rest of it. I just was not invested in the relationship between Peter and Gwen. Essentially there is a lot of that so one can understand why this movie is useless to me.

• Jesse Loughborough

★★★ Watched by Jesse Loughborough 20 Jun, 2015

It's hard not to compare this to the 2002 Sam Raimi version. Is it better? Is it worse? I don't know. But it's not different enough to convince me that it needed to be made. Emma Stone's Gwen Stacey is the highlight and the chemistry between her and Peter Parker is pretty good too. I'm not sure about Garfield as Spidey, he's certainly a better Peter Parker than he is Spider-Man. He's not quite wise-cracking enough for me although his teenage angst is well done.

• Davith Lecter

★★ Watched by Davith Lecter 20 Jun, 2015

Una adaptación más de la historia de el trepamuros; narra como un joven adolescente es mordido por una araña modificada genéticamente y se convierte en Spider-Man.
    Únicamente compensada por escenas de acción entretenidas y divertidas de ver y por un Spider-man más despreocupado y divertido que en las películas de Raimi.
    Pero los puntos fuertes no pueden hacer frente a un Peter Parker muy falso, muy poco creíble, que llega a ser irritante en muchos casos, y a un argumento…