• John Kelley

★★½

Quality direction and cast counterbalance a lackluster script and a lack of differentiation from the 2002 film. While it's slightly better than its predecessor, the film isn't good enough to justify its own existence.

• Taylor

★★★½

Timing is everything, which the makers of The Amazing Spider-Man would have done better to remember. Between this movie and 2002’s Spider-Man, there is a quite a bit of overlap—a Venn diagram of major plot points would probably have the two circles sharing more than they don’t. (This reviewer is not familiar with the comics that inspired both films, which would be fair reason for similarities. However, that probably represents the majority of viewers, too.) Comparisons between this film and…

• kylewlfc

★★★½

A good film and a good introduction to the new spidey as well as the on screen chemistry of Andrew and Emma working perfectly

• Evan Bower

Stone is a bit much for me, Garfield is fine, but the movie is completely unnecessary. Also, with each new casting movie-Peter Parker gets less like the nerdy everyman he's purported to be. Garfield's no hopeless nerd, he's a cool skater dude with a peculiar American accent!

• Emilio Cano

★★★★

Estoy gratamente sorprendido por esta película. El casting es acertado, el guión consistente, la acción es vibrante y los efectos están conseguidos. Es mejor que las tres anteriores juntas.

Y el dúo protagonista está espectacular (Peter y Gwen, se entiende).

• Matthew William

★★★

I feel like the reboot is better for kids than the original. The onscreen chemistry between Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield is pretty fantastic, and the humor is way more juvenile than the first one. Some people may dislike it for it's type of humor, but watching it with my 8 year old, I can say it only enhanced the movie for her.

The absence of Nickelback songs in this version is a welcome aspect for kids and adults alike, however.

• beefystudios

★★★★

A reboot that was a little to early but the amazing spider man is still a good movie. I really do like it one of my favourite things in the film is the chemistry between Andrew Gafield and Emma stone it's just so cute and fun to watch on screen, and it's far better then what ever Peter and Mary Jane had in the original three movies.
    The action is pretty good too it shows  how quick and flexible Spider…

• amelia

★★★½

disappointed that the movie contained more than just blonde fringe emma stone smiling for two hours but sat through it anyway.

• evie

★★★★★

ANDREW GARFIELD LOVE OF MY LIFE

• Freddy Trejo

★★★★

I know Andrew Garfield never looked like a high school kid but in my eyes he will always be the most perfect Spider-Man. Also don't get me started on why Ms. Stone and Mr. Garfield are the greatest on screen couple in not only a comic book movie but in movies in general because that I can talk about for hours...

• BenDefieux

★★★★

I still love this film. @ me.

There's a lot of dumbass stuff in it. I have no disagreements with that. And it's not the movie I was desperately hoping for in 2010-12 when I had sky high expectations. But Peter's journey works so well for me that I can move past the stupidity, that I can enjoy the movie a lot, even if it isn't as much as I once hoped. I love this Peter, I love Garfield, I…

• Ian Darling

★★★½

I've got a lot a love for this reboot. Although Sam Rami did a great job with his trilogy I never really brought into Tobey Maquire as Spidey. Andrew Garfield is much more believable for me and his chemistry with Emma Stone is fantastic.

Substandard CGI aside (I'm taking about the Lizard) I thoroughly enjoyed the film and was looking forward to the sequels. Little did I know this would be as good as it got