• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★½ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Well, well..well Andrew Garfield is a shining actor, I first saw him in The Social Network, I knew than, that he possesses striking characteristics, and vigor to show off. I heard his interview at Bafta ceremony last year, where he disclosed his casting in this superhero movie.

Marc Webb is intelligent director he summarizes the whole previous events and concepts in the life of Peter Parker. Ultimately he assigns great action sequences but as a matter of fact all this…

• Luke McGowan

★★★ Added by Luke McGowan

Its impossible to fault the cast, and some scenes are show that they have been well executed by Marc Webb's direction, but the "too soon" factor of another origins story deprives the film of much of its novelty.

• Ben Garnhum

★★½ Added by Ben Garnhum

Was this a superhero movie??

• Xelax666

★★ Added by Xelax666

Esta peli es un placer culpable, me gusta pero a sabiendas de lo mala que es, no supera a las de Raimi, por poco.
    Que Peter sea un youtuber molongui con un millón de suscriptores y doce vídeos de flechipollas es lo de menos, lo que importa es la cara de mierda que arrastra Lagarto en toda la peli, joder, da mucho asco, parece los aliens esos de Avatar sin la coleta-pene que les cuelga, me cago en todo, parece…

• Julian Bosley

★★★ Added by Julian Bosley

DIdnt see the second one. I dont like super hero movies. this is no exception.

• Jason MD-P

★★★★ Added by Jason MD-P

Except for his uncanny resemblance to Hayden Christiansen (down to the voice!), Garfield makes a great Spidey. I think the switch from nerd to loner works for the superhero, and I was super excited to see the lizard as the main villain. I wasn't thrilled to hear about the reboot, but they did a good job of making it fresh. Martin sheen was great as uncle Ben, and it was nice to see his character developed more. Emma stone was great as Gwen--I'll hate to see them kill her off in the next film or the one after. Definitely a top 5 superhero film.

• _MasterSlayer_

★★★½ Rewatched by _MasterSlayer_ 18 Jan, 2015 1

A recent addition to my DVD collection, The Amazing Spider-Man is a good superhero movie, and even with its flaws, still manages to entertain for the entire run time. Andrew Garfield is great as Peter Parker, pulling off the shy quality of the character, while also doing a fantastic job as Spider-Man. Emma Stone is also great and the two have great chemistry. The villian played by Rhys Ifans is good, but the villian is so one-dimensional and his motives…

• cwcarruth23

★★★★½ Watched by cwcarruth23 17 Jan, 2015

Being a big Amazing-Spiderman comic book collector, I really appreciated this film. It actually followed the comics unlike the first 3 Spiderman movies. Garfield played a great Peter Parker and I am excited to see how many of the movies they make because I would be happy more then 5, in my opinion.

• Justin Swanson

★★★ Watched by Justin Swanson 17 Jan, 2015

Visually, this iteration of Spider-Man is much better looking than the 2002 version, which looks decidedly dated 10 years later. (To be fair, Spider-Man 2 & 3 look dated as soon as they came out.) And while Tobey Maguire brought a shy and quirky flavor to Spidey, I enjoyed Andrew Garfield's more confident take on the character.

It's been a while since I've seen the original Spider-Man, but I feel like Emma Stone & Garfield have better on screen chemistry than Kirsten Dunst and Maguire. Plus, I've always preferred Gwen Stacy to Mary Jane.

• Emma Lane

★★★½ Rewatched by Emma Lane 10 Jul, 2012

TL

• JonTheMantis

★★★★ Added by JonTheMantis

The first film in the reboot series was fantastic. Marc Webb (heh heh I see what they did there) didn't just pick and choose funny little nods from the original comics and other Spidey media to please the common geek, but inserted them to make this new Spiderverse feel alive. And that it did. This world definitely feels more alive in some aspects than the original trilogy.
    Then again, the costume was weird, they very conspicuously tried to not copy…

• Dan Dan

★★★ Watched by Dan Dan 10 Jul, 2012

For all the money in my ever-shrinking bank account, I would wager that the best superhero in all of fiction was created in 1962 by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Peter Parker, Spider-Man, is the single most human and pure concept one could conceive of for a superhero. Superman’s character is defined by his god-like goodness. His adventures play out on a cosmic scale while he simultaneously attempts to mimic the behaviors of a human being. His goodness is an…