• Tim

★★★ Watched by Tim 29 Nov, 2015

The Amazing Spider-Man isn't as bad as people say it is. It's not better than the Raimi films in my opinion but it's pretty damn entertaining if you ask me. In fact, it really feels like the Raimi films in some spots too. The best part though for me though is Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker -- I can't decide who played Parker best! Andrew Garfield isn't the wimpy Peter Parker that we wanted but he's the cocky quick Spider-Man I've always wanted. This is the second time I've seen this film and I thoroughly enjoyed it and would gladly watch it many more times.

• Alex Onôv

★½ Watched by Alex Onôv 28 Nov, 2015

No sé ni para qué hago estas cosas.

• Matt Brosey

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Brosey 28 Nov, 2015

My 3rd time watching this, and I still love Andrew Garfield over Tobey Maguire. Spotted a few things that didn't match up, but overall, a good first story. Can't wait until the 3rd one comes out.

• SereKappa

★★★ Added by SereKappa

Not bad, considering that I hate superheroes.

• Nathan Rabin

★★½ Watched by Nathan Rabin 23 Nov, 2015 2

I'm not sure this film needed to be made.

• Todd Malkin

★★★ Rewatched by Todd Malkin 22 Nov, 2015

I've been a long standing Amazing Spider-Man fan, so I was really excited when this came out. They got so many things right: the web slingers, the cheeseball science, the beloved wisecracks. The action sequences felt exactly like I imagined them in the comic books. But, for all the spot on elements, there's kind of a flatness to it all. For the real excitement, Sam Raimi got it right. I was wrong to ever think otherwise.

• William Kretschmer

★★★ Watched by William Kretschmer 16 Oct, 2014

Peter Parker finds a clue that might help him understand why his parents disappeared, when he was young, and his path puts him on a collision course with his father's former partner.
    A good and entertaining adaptation of the comic, but one wonders why the story must be told all over again.

• Lucyan

★★★ Added by Lucyan

• Earl Woods

★★ Watched by Earl Woods 14 Jul, 2012

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

The Underwhelming Spider-Man
    The Amazing Spider-Man is competently produced, edited and acted, with a straightforward plot and state of the art special effects. And yet, for the first time in decades, I found myself fighting to stay awake during the movie. This is the super-hero action film at its most generic.

It's disheartening to watch good actors such as Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Martin Sheen struggle with a by-the-numbers screenplay that hits all the required notes without creating any…

• dillendelrey

★★½ Added by dillendelrey

Not entirely bad, not entirely good.

• Jason Bally

★★½ Added by Jason Bally

It's okay, but nothing special or remarkable.

• Buddah1999

★★★½ Watched by Buddah1999 15 Apr, 2014

A very good reboot to the Spider-man franchise. But i can't help but feel it was slightly unnecessary.