• Deathlok190

★★★½ Watched by Deathlok190 21 Dec, 2014

Sony rebooted their movie franchise based on the Marvel Character, too much focus on the romance aspect of the storyline is one of the many downsides as a fan of the comics, Peter Parker isn't portrayed as a nerd which moves it too far away from the comics.

• EthanLlewellyn

★★★½ Watched by EthanLlewellyn 21 Oct, 2012

First of all, I really enjoyed this one, because I really like Andrew Garfield's take on the hero. I preferred this than Sam Raimi's series, because with each one, there are quite a few faults in them.... But this review isn't about those run of films, I'm on about this one. There's nothing wrong with any of the characters, like they're all great, except the reason why I rated it as I did, is because it lacks on storyline. Now,…

• Caesar

★★★½ Watched by Caesar 18 Dec, 2014 6

With great greed comes great rebootability.

I avoided this movie for over two years because I knew it was (re)made for pretty much all the wrong reasons. I finally decided to give it a shot, however, and it was basically what I expected it to be - not great, not terrible, not necessary.

This movie does make me have a greater appreciation for Sam Raimi's terrific 2002 version, so I guess there is something worthwhile about this shrug-worthy reboot.

• Phil Sternwise

★★ Added by Phil Sternwise

Imagine to my dismay after watching this movie when I went to the doctor and found out I didn't have Alzheimer's. I could have sworn I had seen this movie before recently, but I was convinced that Tobey Maaguire was in it. (I believe I might have been thinking about ICE STORM, but I honestly don't know). Anyways, aside from thinking I had already seen this piece of shit, and thinking I remember it being better than it actually was,…

• Elliot

★★½ Watched by Elliot 15 Dec, 2014

This was my second run-in with The Amazing Spider-Man, and I really wanted to like it. I think Spider-Man is one of the better superhero characters and it's a real shame that he has decreased in popularity over the years. If you'd have told me ten years ago that most kids, and a bunch of the adult population, would recognise Iron Man over Spider-Man as a household superhero, I would have laughed right in your god damned face. But I'm…

• Michael

★★★ Watched by Michael 09 Jul, 2012

Pretty good. A few little stumbles along the way, but no major fumbles.

Watching AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (which has one of the best Stan Lee cameos) reminded me of the cameo I expected when I watched AVENGERS, but which never happened:

During the battle which was interspersed with a few shots of "civilians" assisting each other, Stan pulls someone out of the way of falling debris (as he did in SPIDER-MAN and SPIDER-MAN 2) and then says, "I'm getting too old for this."

Joss Whedon really needs me as a script doctor.

• Mr Stevens

★★½ Added by Mr Stevens

The performances and SFX are decent, but the whole thing is a kinda rehash of 2002 Spider Man (a much better film).

• joelhwa

Watched by joelhwa 09 Jul, 2012

2/10: Meh!!! The filmmakers have gone for the twilight teenage girl audience and it is really an insult to spider man and his fans!

• Chloe

★★★½ Added by Chloe

I argued for many hours that this cannot happen and that the original Spiderman was better but after finally making myself watch this movie, I prefer these ones. Even though Toby McGuire has been replaced by Andrew Garfield, it is more updated which means better special effects. Sure its not the original movies but this allows for much more to be done. Gwen Stacy is so much better than Mary Jane Watson anyway. I love anything with Emma Stone in it and this is no exception. Marvel you have done it again. Can't wait to see the second one.

• DanWebb

Watched by DanWebb 07 Dec, 2014

Perhaps the most cliched movie I've seen in the past 10 years.

• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★★★ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this film is now showing at Hollywood cinema Norwich UK and this film is excellent but I do have some issues with this film, which I will discuss in time. The visual aspect of this film is flawless and mesmerizing, the Spiderman uniform has been nicely updated but keeping within the originality of the Spiderman uniform. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are a wonderful pairing their relationship on screen looks very natural, amusing and complex if there…

• Charles Johnson

★★ Rewatched by Charles Johnson 01 Dec, 2014

The Lizard looks stupid. The script is really weak, just not funny at all. I like Spidey's quippy nature, more akin to the awesome cartoon series, but sometimes he's a bit too cocky. And that scene with the cranes? Ruins the whole film. Really disappointing.

Irrfan Khan talks about Peter Parker's dad Richard Parker in this.

His next film was Life of Pi, in which he recounts the story of being adrift at sea with a tiger called ... Richard Parker.

Peter Parker is part tiger.

The Amazing Tiger-Man.