• Volker Bohlmann

★★★★ Added by Volker Bohlmann

Der neue Spider-Man ist schon nicht schlecht, hat mir auf jeden Fall ein wenig besser gefallen, als der erste mit Tobey Maguire. Andrew Garfield wirkt auf mich auch ein wenig sympathischer.
    Genau da sieht mein Erstgeborener das Problem, Andrew Garfield ist zu cool, um den Schuldeppen zu verkörpern, da passte Tobey besser rein.
    Mir gefällt der erste Amazing Spider-Man auch definitiv besser als der Zweite und denke, der hat vier Sterne verdient.

• Frank Future

Rewatched by Frank Future 22 Nov, 2014

I can't rate this. Second viewing and it still feels like a fish strawberry sandwich.

• MovieMan23

★★ Added by MovieMan23

Where is Toby....!?!?

• Signora Fosca

★★★ Watched by Signora Fosca 30 Apr, 2014

Better than I remembered. Is much more light-hearted and more in line with the cartoon series than any of the previous adaptations. Garfield and Stone are undeniable, and the actual shots and special effects are impressive. Still finding reasons to justify the existence of this new franchise...

• Thy Critic Man

★★★ Watched by Thy Critic Man 15 Nov, 2014 1

Sam Raimi is the creator of The Evil Dead and Darkman! Due to being both a lifelong horror and superhero fan, I was fully behind the idea of Sam Raimi being in control of the Spider-Man franchise. The first two installments directed by Sam Raimi scored high critically and were enjoyed by the majority of audiences. While the third fell somewhat short of overwhelming positive reception, it was not deemed a total failure and it is currently scored fresh on…

• James Healey

★★★½ Watched by James Healey 07 Nov, 2012

Pretty good. Was a little cheesy and the music was off in some parts though.

• Lee Pritchard

★★½ Watched by Lee Pritchard 11 Nov, 2014

The Average Spider-Man.

A fairly weak, unessesercary reboot of a much better set of films. Although they are some positives (like Andrew Garfield, who was born to play Peter Parker), the bad outweighs the good in The Amazing Spider-Man.

• tazd007

Added by tazd007

The untold story........ Now....... Where do I get started ok I'm talking about the smaller issues first, actually no I don't know ill just do what I do. The cast sucks. Gwen Stacy isn't believable how can a high school girl work at Osborp . Andrew Garfield I don't think he's a bad actor but he's just unlikable as either, the scenes where he's at all trying to be funny fail. I hate the dark tone that every superhero movie…

• Adrian Zachow

★★★ Watched by Adrian Zachow 29 Oct, 2012

The concern with this reboot happening so close after Sam Raimi's own take on Spider-man, specially one which covers Spider-Man's origin story, is repetitiveness and a lack of freshness. Alas, Marc Webb's Amazing Spider-Man goes through the same motions as the 2002 movie: uncle Ben's death, Peter Parker bullied at school, high school sweetheart, good scientist turned mad (and monstrous) by science experiments gone awry, and pretty much the same emotional denouement as the 2002 film after a cemetery scene.…

• G. Jardar Olsen

★★★½ Added by G. Jardar Olsen

Pointless rebooting of the Spiderman saga, just five years (!) after the Raimi/Maguire-run.

Thankfully it hits a major homerun with inspired casting.

Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are seemingly perfect as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy. On top of this Denis Leary and veterans Sally Field and Martin Sheen all add great presence throughout.

The cast makes us care and the setpieces are entertaining, if not always coherent. Later scenes of old-fashioned monster mayhem in Manhattan seems almost out of place, but adds to the fun.

• washington

★★★ Watched by washington 07 Nov, 2014

Super frustrating. Early on when it is so busy setting things up and not being the Raimi films and adapting the fourth or seventh worst Spiderman story arc it is deathly awful being supported only by Garfield and Stone's charisma. (and this gives me hope for the sequel) After the film is done playing chess and introduces The Lizard proper it lets itself be a goofy and almost stylish comic book film with just the right level of woe is me from Parker to reflect his more somber aspects. I suspect these are the leftover pieces from when this was still a Raimi film though.

• MrCritic

★★★½ Added by MrCritic

After "Spider Man 3" disappointed fans, it was time for the franchise to resurrect itself with "The Amazing Spider Man". This reboot is definitely entertaining, but there are some flaws that make it the weakest for me. First the bad. The swinging scenes aren't as thrilling as the first three. With the originals, they were paced very well and were energetic. Here, the swinging is very slow and uneventful. Luckily, the sequel would improve on this. Second, It isn't as…