• Patrick Mulcahy

★★½ Watched by Patrick Mulcahy 14 Jul, 2012

Marc Webb re-boots the Spider-Man franchise - but it isn't fun. Rhys Ifans plays the Lizard. Andrew Garfield takes over from Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man and Emma Stone plays Peter's girlfriend Gwen Stacey. Only Denis Leary as Gwen's policeman father emerges with much credit. Turning this into a brooding 'who killed my father?' story makes Spidey dull. Martin Sheen and Sally Field round out the cast of former Oscar nominees - Field is a double winner, we 'really, really like her' - slumming it.

• Matt Brosey

★★★★ Added by Matt Brosey

Great storyline with Andrew Garfield (who is super hot).

• The Markle

★★★½ Added by The Markle

3D incredible detail, because originally filmed in 4k if I remember correctly. After the other remakes of Spiderman I was not expecting this to be of any good or interest, but the lead male actor gave a different angle to the character which made it enjoyable to watch. Martin Sheen does a great short impression of young Spiderman's uncle. Nice family entertainment. Very cool 1st person sensation when watching Spiderman swing through the city scape in 3D. I might have…

• 4nduril

★★★½ Watched by 4nduril 29 Sep, 2015

Yes! That's the Spider-Man for me! Liked it much more than Sam Raimi's.

• Dennie van der Tuuk

★★★★ Rewatched by Dennie van der Tuuk 27 Sep, 2015

I was really psyched when i heard they were doing a new Spider-Man movie. He has always been my favorite Marvel character from the comics to the animated series of the '90's, which as awesome btw, and the Sam Raimi movies. I hoped they would do a more stick to the great source material kind of thing. Then i saw it in theatres and was really dissapointed and angry they changed so much. Most angry i was at the fact…

• cirex

★★★½ Added by cirex

Garfield fit into this Spider-Man perfectly. The High Scool physical and look. The funny dialogues. The fighting scenes, and the overall story, everything well done for less than a two hours movie. I think thi movies does the job, the best Spider-Man film on my opinion (including all 3 of Toby Maguire).

• Al

★★½ Added by Al

Garfield and Stone were good, but Denis Leary was the best thing about this movie. And there were a few cool visuals here and there too. But the writing was really sloppy; the villain incredibly weak.

• Justin Valor

★★★ Watched by Justin Valor 16 Sep, 2015

The skateboard montage and first-person web-slinging scenes tell you everything you need to know about this movie and what it's going for.

I liked Andrew Garfield's take on Peter Parker, and Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy is cool.

• J_o_n_a_t_h_a_n

★★ Added by J_o_n_a_t_h_a_n

This movie can be summarized with one word:

• Parker Smykle

★★★★½ Rewatched by Parker Smykle 09 Sep, 2015

My rating 2.5/5

The amazing Spider-Man movie review.

Now iam not a big fan of the amazing Spider-Man series, and what I mean by that is I personally hate the amazing Spider-Man 2 and the amazing Spider-Man 1 is just ok but again nothing more than just decent nothing great. But I am a super big fan of Spider-Man in general.

The good. The action is pretty cool, but the problem is there not enough of it. The chemistry of…

• Rebecca

★★ Rewatched by Rebecca 06 Sep, 2015

I found the PMI commentary on my iTunes. Forgot I had bought it. Probably the worst one despite the role plays.

In that scene where Gwen is wiping Peter's chest gash and they aren't kissing, he looks like my aunty and it's super uncomfortable.

• 0cool