• Austin Salt-Cowell

★★★½ Rewatched by Austin Salt-Cowell 26 Apr, 2015

I have a lot of respect for Marc Webb - 500 Days of Summer is fantastic, really great rom-com, surprising how only a year after the success of '500', he was on board to direct a reboot of the loved 'Spider-Man' franchise.

So, in the summer of 2012, I went to see The Amazing Spider-Man, admittedly, my hopes were not high, with Raimi's Spider-Man 3 releasing only 5 years prior - and we all know how that turned out (Emo…

• Bill Thompson

★★ Watched by Bill Thompson 25 Apr, 2015

I can deal with the major plot holes. The lack of character development in every ancillary character I can stomach. I was okay with the many glaring flaws of the movie. But, changing the quote that makes Peter Parker and Spider Man who they are, well that's just unforgivable.

• Joey Henderson

★★★★ Rewatched by Joey Henderson 25 Apr, 2015

I enjoyed The Amazing Spider-Man, I liked it, despite the fact that it borrows a lot from the first Spider-Man movie, I felt like they shouldn't have told the origin story again, they should don't it like The Incredible Hulk and just told the origin story in the first two minutes of the movie. Andrew Garfield is perfect as Spider-Man and I felt like the Lizard could have been a better villain.

• JohnAllegretti

Added by JohnAllegretti

DVD

• GuitarKing

★★½ Watched by GuitarKing 19 Apr, 2015

This is the best of the spider-man films I've seen, but it can't hold a candle to the the Dark Knight series.

• CliffvanO

★★★★ Watched by CliffvanO 01 Nov, 2014

Goede herinterpretatie (nu maar mee stoppen dacht ik zo) van het Spider-Man verhaal. Was wat huiverig voor de hoofdrolspeler (Andrew Garfield) maar dat viel reuze mee. Spannend!

• Jericho Aguado

★★ Added by Jericho Aguado

Marc Webb knows how to frame a love story well. He might also know a thing or two about coming-of-age storytelling.

But this isn't a superhero movie as much as it is not of quality. This is a worthless reboot.

• Dirk Massey

★★★★ Watched by Dirk Massey 19 Apr, 2015

I am actually in shock as to how much I enjoyed this film

I'm an old marvelite from way back into the late 70's / early 80's and I really enjoyed the other Raimi directed films but for me this just captured the Spidey I know and love

It's hard to explain but for me what this film had that the others didn't was the soul of Spidey!!

You'll either get what I mean or not either way it worked for me

Can't believe it took me so long to check this one out - better search out number 2 now

'nuff said

• Nina

★★★½ Added by Nina

Not bad, but prefer the real spiderman movies

• Gimly

★★★ Added by Gimly

WRITTEN IN 2012:
    Though my final rating of The Amazing Spider-Man (or TAS-M, as it shall henceforth be known) will be based entirely on the films own merits, it's impossible for me to review it without comparing it to the Raimi/Maguire trilogy that began in 2002, so I may as well begin with those points.

For the sake of unbridled clarity, I'll preface it with this; I thought TAS-M was absolutely superior to last decade's Spider-Man film, especially if you're…

• mturk17

★★★ Added by mturk17

disappointing

• Zé Walderico

★★ Added by Zé Walderico

O filme é fraco! A história teve várias mudanças significativas deixando esse novo filme bem estilo Sessão da Tarde. #Legalzim