• Brandon Hart

★★½ Rewatched by Brandon Hart 15 Sep, 2014

My second time logging this film.

• James Talkalot

★★★★ Rewatched by James Talkalot 13 Sep, 2014

My 2nd viewing of this since it's release on blu and I enjoyed it much more this time around.

• fatpie42

★★★★½ Watched by fatpie42 04 Jul, 2012

Even before Spider-Man becomes the hero I feel concerned about his plight to find out about his missing parents and to undercover their mystery. Andrew Garfield is a fantastic actor whose facial expressions convey the rich inner life of the character. Martin Sheen and Sally Fields are also fantastic choices for his aunt and uncle who are concerned about the emotional changes their nephew goes through as he becomes a man. When things get emotional it really feels like it…

• Danny Wolfe

★★★★½ Added by Danny Wolfe

A much better take on the modern Spider Man. A lot of people don't agree with Garfield as the Webhead, but I think he does a wonderful job.

• Kenn Gilmartin

★★★½ Added by Kenn Gilmartin

Not bad for a reboot. I personally would have liked to see a different villain, but everyone did their job well enough. Garfield is pretty good as an "ultimate" spider-man.

• synes7hesia

★★★½ Watched by synes7hesia 31 May, 2014

Too much Peter Parker and not enough Spiderman has this movie falling a little bit short. When this movie gets things right, it's great and becomes a pleasure to watch. However, about three-quarters of this movie is about Peter Parker, his backstory, and his life as a college student. In the end, it felt like the writers were dangling a treat above our heads to show us what we could potentially have (a snarky and sarcastic Spiderman) and then refused to ever let us actually have it.

• John Connor

★★½ Watched by John Connor 04 Jul, 2012

This was a weird one: while I was very conscious all the way through that what I was watching was not, in fact, a good movie, it was still pretty enjoyable. Most of that can be put down to the charisma of the two leads, who somehow manage to smooth over the fact that there's hardly any actual drama at all. It was a fun hour and a half, but I barely remember it and I'll never watch it again.

• Evan

★★★★ Rewatched by Evan 08 Sep, 2014 4

Not quite as good as Spider-Man 2, but I would say this is the second best Spider-Man film.

• Kieron Moore

★★½ Watched by Kieron Moore 05 Sep, 2014

Meh.

Sure, it tries to make some things different - the high school setting, the conspiracy story in the background that screams of mimicking Marvel's cinematic universe - but this remake feels unneeded after Sam Raimi's much better Spider-Man films only a decade previous. And, while Andrew Garfield is very pretty, I preferred Tobey Maguire's dorkier take on Peter Parker. Also, why does this guy want to turn all of New York into lizards? And why do I care? I…

• fotobill

★★½ Watched by fotobill 06 Sep, 2014

θα τον ήθελα περισσότερο κωλόπαιδο

• sho_chan0319

★★★½ Rewatched by sho_chan0319 04 Jul, 2012

I'm just too attached to the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man but if I had to compare the two this one is a better overall Spider-Man movie. It stuck better to the source material and brought so much human elements to the movie to make it feel really real. I thought the action was better in the Sam Raimi's version of Spider-Man but this got the job done right. I would have loved to seen a cameo of Tobey Maguire in this film though.

• feedingbrett

★★★ Rewatched by feedingbrett 02 Sep, 2014

Review In A Nutshell:

This was one of the few films; I actually went out of my way to go watch in the theatres back in 2012, as I had a huge adoration for Marc Webb at the time due to his brilliant debut film, 500 Days of Summer. I remember coming out of it feeling satisfied, with only a couple of reservations. Two years have passed and I have completely forgotten what those issues were, though I do remember…