• The Film Avenger

★★★½ Added by The Film Avenger

Though I had reservations about rebooting a franchise a little over a decade old, I thoroughly enjoyed this fresh take on Spider-Man. This version follows the Ultimate series of comics more closely than Raimi's films, giving an edgier feel. More layers have been added to the origin story. I particularly liked that Gwen Stacy was given her rightful place as Peter Parker's true love. This sets up a potentially great and dramatic sequel...because all us comic geeks know what has to happen.

• maluraqqq

★★★★ Added by maluraqqq

NÃO EXISTE ADAPTAÇÃO MELHOR DE HOMEM ARANHA AGORA MORRAM

• Danny Gray

★★★ Rewatched by Danny Gray 24 Feb, 2015

Considering the level of hype surrounding Spider-Man's admittance into Phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I felt it was appropriate to re-watch the two Spider-Man films which I can envisage fading into obscurity between Sam Raimi's trilogy, and what will no doubt be an interesting addition to the franchise.

I think I'm in the minority in saying that I prefer Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker over Tobey Maguire, due to the fact that he just feels closer to the…

• pitchoune

★★★★★ Added by pitchoune

Loved it!! Do NOT want to compare to the past or the future or the comics.
    I went in to see action and romance and high tech, I got my does and it was very well strung !!
    Thanks for a great watch!!

• Brian Hann

★★★★ Added by Brian Hann

Rebooted within only years of the recent reboot, this can be seen as a hasty attempt to milk the character.

However, the reboot is actually well timed, with Spiderman 3 of the previous iteration having run out of ideas. Starting again, with new actors allowing the retelling of the same story. The viewers can draw the comparisons.

Andrew Garfield is an excellent Peter Parker, even though he is considerably older than the character should be. Emma Stone's Gwen is also edgy and believable.

• BigReid

★★★ Watched by BigReid 24 Feb, 2015

I think I liked it better than the older one

• Alex Tărău

★★★½ Rewatched by Alex Tărău 24 Feb, 2015

It may lack a truly compelling villain, but The Amazing Spider-Man is an exciting and enjoyable reboot with stellar performances.

• ZawMine

★★★ Added by ZawMine

I didn't like this movie like the previous spider man trilogy. But I still enjoy this movie. Andrew Garfield did an amazing job as the spider man. Emma Stone is also great.

• bagofbeef

★★★½ Watched by bagofbeef 18 Feb, 2015

Far better than expected.

• Alexandre Giacomelli

★★★★ Rewatched by Alexandre Giacomelli 17 Feb, 2015

O filme eh muito legal, mas eu queria ver o Homem Aranha mais sei la... descomprometido com tanta merda de problema, era pra ele ser um moleque porra. Tipo no primeiro de 2002, ele soh queria pegar a Mary Jane e deu, coisas de moleque.

Acho legal que o tem momentos de reflexao sobre a vida, a gravaçao do tio dele no final do filme eh muito inspirador, para qualquer pessoa, quiça um jovem como eu e ele e varios outros.

• Mariel R.A

★★★ Watched by Mariel R.A 16 Feb, 2015

realmente no me convenció... estaba con las mejores espectativas... pero siento que le falto algo... no se si fue peter, que cambiaran cosas ta dramáticamente... creo que el problema fue la cercanías con la primera entrega la de Raimi... y las comparaciones odiosas que se terminan haciendo... a nivel de efecto, no hay quejas... dignos de una película de ese calibre...

• Patrick Sandberg

★★ Rewatched by Patrick Sandberg 31 Jan, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

After watching The Interview and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in the same month, I’m beginning to feel like a pop-culture sin eater and I can’t choke down any more. The thing is, I immediately resolved after seeing The Amazing Spider-Man to avoid the inevitable sequel. But after receiving the Blu-Ray for X-mas, I figured it beat getting punched in the throat. I was wrong about that.

It seems the suits at Sony fail to understand two basic concepts. Well… three…