• Jryanmua

★★ Watched by Jryanmua 21 Jul, 2014

2 is much better. 2 had a fun balance of surprising originality and expected unoriginality. 1 has far less originality so it ends up being pretty unoriginal. And so many moments were too far fetched or too ridiculous for me to continue overlooking them.

But the characters I love are there.

I was of the impression the Toby Maguire Spider-Mans were not broke, so why would anyone want to fix it? Unless they were going to give it the Dark…

• MatthewLB

★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 21 Jul, 2014

The director of this film is called Marc Webb get it he's last name is Webb. I can only use one word for this movie and that it amazing.the visual effect's in this movie is amazing and the 3-D is good to.

• Jason Goode

★★★ Watched by Jason Goode 19 Jul, 2014 1

It's a fun movie, I admit. I like Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker.

But this is the problem with having Netflix... I often reach for the low hanging fruit.

• Jeremy Reviews Entertainment

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jeremy Reviews Entertainment 20 Jul, 2014

"The Amazing Spider-Man" is still VERY good, but I found a couple of small problems watching it again on Blu-Ray. The pacing wasn't that good, and the Lizard was a weak villain. The rest is great. I am not explaining every good thing because I already went in depth with this before on here. Usually I do, but I just wanted to address a couple of problems I had rewatching it. But overall, "The Amazing Spider-Man" is a great superhero/ comic book movie.
    GRADE:A-

• johncnoonan

★★½ Added by johncnoonan

Whilst this summer sees one trilogy close with The Dark Knight Rises, another opens in the form of The Amazing Spider-Man. In summary: Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield). Spider. Bite. ‘Ooh, I can climb walls, I can!’. Swinging. Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone). Improbable bad guys (Rhys Ifans). New York. Soft rock music.

The last time we had a Spider-Man movie was in 2007 with the underwhelming Spider-Man 3, which saw Sam Raimi bowing to pressure from Marvel to make it even…

• wfox

★★ Watched by wfox 11 Jul, 2014

Meh.
    The graphics are better than the Tobey McGuire one.
    Meh.

• Rizki Fachriansyah

★★½ Added by Rizki Fachriansyah

Uncle Ben: "Oh, come on, how dare you?"

Peter Parker (also known as our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man): "HOW DARE I? HOW DARE YOU!"

Oh, wow.

• Adrian Pratt

★★★★ Watched by Adrian Pratt 09 Jul, 2014

Better than I expected. Andrew Garfield was a likeable Peter Paker, similar to Toby McGuire, but different enough to make it his own. Was worried another Spider-Man origin story would retread the previous film, but it goes a different way.

• Riley Shingler

★★½ Added by Riley Shingler

At the time of its release, no one seemed to understand why the Spider-Man franchise was being rebooted. Less than a decade after the demise of a fantastic run by Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire, Sony cooked up a film series to compete with Marvel’s Cinematic Universe. Unfortunately, Marc Webb’s The Amazing Spider-Man fell incredibly short of the mark set by both Raimi and The Avengers.

Of course, there are good things about this film and the franchise it base…

• Alex Krajci

★★★ Watched by Alex Krajci 03 Jul, 2014

I Like 2012's The Amazing Spider-Man, I Like It Because I Like The Sam Raimi Spider-Man Films Better Than Marc Webb's Amazing Spider-Man Films And I Like Tobey Maguire As Spider-Man Better Than Andrew Garfield As Spider-Man.

• Richard Trapp

★★★½ Watched by Richard Trapp 03 Jul, 2014 1

"YOU'RE NOT GONNA GET IN THE WAY OF MY PLAN, PETER PARKER!"

What a pleasant surprise! I wasn't really expecting to like this very much, but it slowly won me over, thanks to Marc Webb's superb understanding of fluid action directing and Andrew Garfield's wonderful performance. It takes a while to really get going and they way Peter Parker is written in the early stages of the film annoyed me a bit, but apart from that, I really enjoyed this one.

• AdamAlias

★★★½ Rewatched by AdamAlias 07 Jun, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.