• feedingbrett

★★★★½ Rewatched by feedingbrett 03 Sep, 2015

As fresh new faces come and enter into our world like clockwork, progression and change of the culture will be inevitable, leaving its elders and pioneers far less relevant; indeed there will come a time when the youth of today would become more or less considered by the future generations as primitive and useless, due to many of us would cherish the comfort of our past rather than face head on the complexities of our futures. A matter of pride…

• Lucas Marmol

★★★½ Watched by Lucas Marmol 30 Aug, 2015

Its simplicity somehow hurts the overall result, preventing it from being great, but it is still an immensely enjoyable little film that left me with a big smile on my face when it ended. The dream sequence is life.

• BennyWestside

★★★★ Added by BennyWestside

What an adorable little movie.

It takes us into the world of silent movies! And guess what?! The movie was silent also! Mind=Blown.

I like his tap dancing.

• Caleb Cabrera

★★½ Watched by Caleb Cabrera 30 Aug, 2015

letterboxd.com/calebcabrera5/list/scavenger-list-for-august-2015/

FILM 28 OF 30.

TASK 19, A black and white film.

The Artist won 5 Oscars in 2012. It won Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Director, Best Costume Design, and Best Original Music Score. The Oscars it DESERVED were for Best Actor and Original Music Score. So let's start there. There was no dialogue in this if you didn't know, so they had to have the score pumping throughout the film to keep the attention of the more fickle…

• nrbeaton

★★★★½ Watched by nrbeaton 29 Jan, 2012

Delightfully inventive, with superb performances and emotionally involving characters.

• MrMagnusson

★★★★★ Watched by MrMagnusson 29 Aug, 2015

I have been reluctant to watch this movie ever since I heard about it for the first time. I was sure that it was going to be manipulative, and overly sentimental. A play for easy nostalgia and made with the only intention on being an awards-darling (as like The Imitation Game). But boy was I wrong. Over an hour after the film's credits has rolled am I smiling. I am at the moment exuberant from the joy that the film…

• Conan Tan

★★★★ Watched by Conan Tan 10 Feb, 2015

A mostly silent and fully black and white film about Hollywood. I say it was a step in the right direction that movies are now filled with sound, and talking.

• Ingo Wypych

★★★★★ Watched by Ingo Wypych 21 Aug, 2015

Achei aqui um dos melhores cachorros do cinema.

• Theresa W.

★★★★ Watched by Theresa W. 19 Aug, 2015

Is it a huge gimmick? Yes.
    Do I care? No.

The Artist says so much with so little. Jean Dujardin is a pleasure to watch.

• joycewauty