• Elliot Fane

★★★★ Watched by Elliot Fane 29 May, 2015

If you're looking for a film that is well shot, well acted and exceedingly charming, then I highly recommend 'The Artist'. A film that very accurately emulates the time period and creates some good entertainment overall! Very good!

• Brett Hatten

★★★★½ Added by Brett Hatten

Lots and lots of fun! One of 2011's best... even if it may not hold over time.

• Philippe Girard

★★★★★ Added by Philippe Girard

Une excellent hommage à la période des années 20.

• Polo

★★★½ Watched by Polo 21 May, 2015

Cela faisait un bout de temps que je voulais le voir du au fait qu'il ait remporté tellement de prix (Cannes, Oscar, ...).

Alors oui le film est bien, on comprend que le réalisateur à voulu rendre hommage au cinéma muet tout en appliquant une petite touche de modernité (le rêve, les plans, la fin, ...) et oui, Jean Dujardin & Bérénice Béjo ne se débrouillent pas trop mal ... mais de la à donner autant de prix à ce film,…

• Carla

★★★½ Watched by Carla 18 May, 2015

Good movie. I expected more because Oscars nominations and stuff but I enjoyed it a lot.

• Wilco

★★½ Watched by Wilco 18 Dec, 2011

[Notas viejas del 2011 en el tumblr...]
    THE ARTIST (Michel Hazanavicius, 2011, mix) es mucho menos de lo que se está diciendo. Su idea tiene muchas posibilidades de dar fruto en algo original, o al menos en cierta inventiva metalingüística, tanto para un fin cómico como para uno dramático. Lastima que se quede en el enunciado: Parece ser que a muchos espectadores el polvoriento look del cine mudo les está sirviendo de estímulo aquí, pero me temo que pocos de…

• Kingtutt

★★★★★ Added by Kingtutt

This movie is just a pleasure to watch, I just get a smile every time watching this movie. I find the story simple and beautiful all in one.

• H Tran

★★★★ Watched by H Tran 05 May, 2015

'If only you would let me help you, George Valentin.'

A spoonful of cheesiness, a tinge of tragedy, a dab of playfulness, all doused in a conscious amount of melodrama; The Artist is a thoughtful and deftly made piece of film that is capable of making the audience cherish the days where none of us was even alive. More than an ode to silent cinema, The Artist is more than able to stand on its own. Its lightness and simplicity had me grinning stupidly throughout most of the movie.

• Dexter Reid

★★★★ Watched by Dexter Reid 04 May, 2015

Wonderfully acted, directed, scored, etc. I seriously regret putting off this movie for so long. It's funny, tragic, and so much more.

The film depicts an actor refusing to make the transition from silent films to "talkies" with such maturity and understanding, despite being filmed in 2011. There's a very clear reason that this film swept the 2011 Oscars, it's simply amazing.

• Cavin Hawkins

★★ Watched by Cavin Hawkins 02 May, 2015 3

My thought process while watching this movie:
    5:00 - Oh no. Is this gonna be silent the whole time?
    20:00 - I'm seriously considering turning this off.
    30:00 - Whoa, something interesting actually happened! I'll keep watching. Maybe something like that will happen again.
    1:40:00 - Nope.

Sorry, but I just don't have the attention span for this. It kinda reminded me of Singin' in the Rain (1952), except it was silent AND in black and white; two things which I openly dislike. So ya, that's about it. Sorry for being such an uncultured swine.

• Monkeyboy42

★★★½ Added by Monkeyboy42

Enjoyable, but very slight.

• El_Ju

★★½ Rewatched by El_Ju 18 Apr, 2015

Homenaje al Hollywood clásico en forma de película muda (sin "apenas" diálogos hablados) que trata de la llegada del sonoro. Bien dirigida e interpretada, entiendo que haya sido un éxito aunque a mí me haya dejado algo frío.