• Boost

★★ Rewatched by Boost 20 Apr, 2014

The director and star of the OSS films are back with a tribute to the silent film era. I'm not an aficionado, the only silent films I've seen are "An Andalusian Dog" and "Nosferatu". If you like romance and tap dancing this is your movie.

• J. Barry Benintende

★★★ Added by J. Barry Benintende

The Artist is a silent film that examines the heroic life and extreme loyalty of a plucky and lovable dog named Jack. He's a movie star, and lifesaver and downright adorable.

Jack is saddled with George Valentin (Jean Dujardin), a silent film star who hits the skids when the talkies come into vogue. All the while, it's Jack who stays loyal, Jack who saves George's life and Jack who gives emotional heft to this Academy Award Best Picture winner.

Even…

• SrBocachancla

★★★★★ Watched by SrBocachancla 20 Apr, 2014

Simplemente bella. Una regresión al cine mudo en una época del cine en donde confluye prácticamente los escenarios por ordenador. Muy buena banda sonora y con unos personajes que sabían perfectamente lo que hacían. Un 10.

• Sierra

★★★★½ Watched by Sierra 16 Apr, 2014

hella cute

• cineedo
  • Christine

★★★★★ Watched by Christine 15 Apr, 2014

Charming.
    I just watched this with my mum, twice. She rarely sits through an entire film without falling asleep, let alone the same film twice in a row. You can decide for yourself what that says about it.

• Mully Mullennix

★★★ Watched by Mully Mullennix 14 Apr, 2014

I watched due to the Oscar and I have to say the idea is cooler than advertised. It not just a silent movie like I thought its a silent movie about the rise of talking movies which is pretty different. The story was ok but the performances were excellent. I didn't love it but its a good movie.

• RJKarol

★★★★★ Watched by RJKarol 11 Apr, 2014

I'd watch an entire film about Uggy the dog.

• Chris Hodgson

★★★ Added by Chris Hodgson

It's good but the novelty wears off and what's left over is nothing special. The trailer was far more effective than the actual film. It must be said though that this had absolutely no business winning Best Picture. Particularly in a year with multiple nominees that simply blow it away.

• AndiH

★★★★½ Added by AndiH

Great!

• Rti03

★★★★ Rewatched by Rti03 08 Apr, 2014

I hadn't seen The Artist in a while basically since it came out almost three years ago. I remember everybody was talking about how, good it was, that it was brilliant, that it was a remarkable movie. Then the movie won Best Picture and like it happened with Crash and Argo and several others Best Picture winners the movie started to receive a lot of hate. Well i remember liking the movie when i first saw it, but my memory…

• Tom Bannatyne

★★★★ Watched by Tom Bannatyne 01 Apr, 2014

'Action.'

To reject a film on the basis that it is black and white is a callous and presumptuous even in a climate where the vast majority of films are in colour. It is a stylistic choice which has been vindicated scene by scene (Memento, American History X) as well as for all or most of a film (Schindler's List, Sin City, La Haine), and so its relevance to The Artist is easy enough to swallow. Its silence is another…