• MatthewLB

★★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 21 Jul, 2014

Silent but deadly that's what this film is like. I enjoyed this silent film and I like how it got best picture at the Oscar's good.

• Boggy Creek

★★★★½ Watched by Boggy Creek 21 Jul, 2014

A 2011 silent black & white film like this shouldn't be so fascinating. But, wow, it is.
    For all those b&w haters out there, it's not mine or anyone else's problem to give a damn. The Artist is pure amusing and shockingly momentuos.

• reba

★★½ Watched by reba 17 Jul, 2014

it was ok!! nothing that special got a bit boring in the 3/4th but was really fun at the end!!! i want 2 tap

• Eduardo Gomes

★★★★★ Added by Eduardo Gomes

O Artista é uma perola valoriza a medida que o tempo passa, foi feito de forma despretensiosa e encantadora, conquistou tudo e todas de forma plena e saudosista.
    Seu maior mérito, além de homenagear o cinema em sua plenitude, é de retratar com simplicidade a capacidade da sétima arte em proporcionar prazer e emoção, sem necessitar de firulas ou alegorias visuais.
    Jean Dujardin um ator a se conferir futuramente, de grande carisma, mas a grande revelação, ao meu ver, é a Bérénice Bejo, uma atriz de marcante expressão e talento singular.

• hokki97

★★★★ Added by hokki97

For a silent film buff this is a REAL TREAT.

• Brie DaSilveira

★★★★ Watched by Brie DaSilveira 06 Jul, 2014

A lovely tribute to the silent era of film, visually engaging and masterfully executed.

• JustCarlos99

★★★ Added by JustCarlos99

I still can't get out of my mind that this movie is famous just because it's on black & white

• Tom Prankerd

★★★ Watched by Tom Prankerd 04 Jul, 2014

Well-made but the central conceit swings between cute and cloying. There are some smashing ideas, touching scenes (Valentin firing the loyal Clifton for his own good is a mini-masterpiece on its' own) and great performances but the exhilirating moment where sound starts to bleed into Valentin's world set up something brilliant... which then turned out to be a dream sequence before the film set itself up for a very, very predictable ending.

• Alexandra Lagerwey

★★★★½ Rewatched by Alexandra Lagerwey 02 Jul, 2014

I'm a sucker for anything that is a love letter to cinema. Any kind of film that deals with the obsession, the passion, the recklessness, the desire - sign me up!

When I first saw The Artist I had just returned from a year long stint in the far flung regions of rural Australia. We had a "cinema", which consisted of an old shed and a large grubby sheet. We got a film every week or so and they were…

• Amburrito

★★★★ Added by Amburrito

Really need to re-watch this one, I enjoyed it.

• HotDonkeyBear

★★★★ Watched by HotDonkeyBear 23 Jun, 2014

A lovely motion picture that holds more in common with Top Hat and Sunset Boulevard than it does any modern trite stab at classic hollywood whimsy. Jean Dujardin and Bérénice Bejo are astounding as the leads while James Cromwell, John Goodman and Uggie the dog help round out the surprisingly star studded cast.

As a technical feat in black and white film making The Artist is beautiful shot and very well lit with a better grasp of colour and grey…

• Lobezno Estepario

★★★½ Watched by Lobezno Estepario 09 Jun, 2012

Es una buena película, pero la faceta de The Artist que más admiración me causó es la de medido acto de marketing.