• Kane Wadsworth

★★★★ Watched by Kane Wadsworth 19 Dec, 2014

The artist is a well-constructed piece of cinema which is reminiscent of a silent picture. The film is silent itself in order to revive and translate the era which it is set in. Initially this may be perceived as gimmick to pander to a certain type of audience but is in fact a clever device to illustrate profound messages of stardom; both the rise and fall as well as society's perception surrounding age in general.

The sound design or rather…

• Mariana Gonzalez

★★★★★ Added by Mariana Gonzalez

Brillante de principio a fin como eran los tiempos de oro del cine mudo y sin necesidad de diálogos, esta película me pudo transmitir todo lo que pretendía e incluso también como espectadora deja que mi imaginación vuele. Resistirse al cambio , dar ese salto hacia lo desconocido, aferrarse a la rutina y a lo ya establecido, son temas que pudieron hacer que "El Artista" fuera una película mas pero que al saber hacerlo bien la convierten sin duda alguna en lo mejor del 2011.

• Jakub Flasz

★★★½ Watched by Jakub Flasz 14 Dec, 2014

• Matt Don

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Don 13 Dec, 2014

"It's an honour to meet you. My father is a big fan."
    - Peppy's Date

I've seen many films in my time. Bad ones, excellent ones, forgettable ones, almost as excruciatingly painful as a kitchen knife to the chest ones. Yet, no movie has ever had a larger impact on my very psyche than 2011's Best Picture-winner, The Artist. The only reason the film came to the attention of the media was because of its novelty; a black and white…

• Beatrice Folque

★★★★★ Rewatched by Beatrice Folque 11 Dec, 2014

Brillliant as much as the first time I watched it

• Hugo Emmerzael

★★★½ Watched by Hugo Emmerzael 10 Dec, 2014

Entry #10 of Night Porter Cinema

Silent filmmakers already had a huge array of possibilities to convey events, emotions and essentially meaning. The Artist, although being made almost a century after the average silent movie, still proves that point.

• Yagi

★★★★★ Added by Yagi

If you like dogs and 20s movies you'll love it!! I did!

• Reed Gill

★★★★½ Watched by Reed Gill 15 Nov, 2014

• stozely

Added by stozely

Who wouldn't like this movie?!

• Matias Rognstad

★★★½ Watched by Matias Rognstad 01 Dec, 2014

• Jonathan Davies

Watched by Jonathan Davies 28 Jan, 2012

Saw in the Printworks on my own.

• walatomus27

★★ Added by walatomus27

The artist more like the fartist