• deadmanramsey

★★★ Added by deadmanramsey

62/100

• Anthony Albarran

★★★★½ Added by Anthony Albarran

A VERY entertaining feat of movie magic.

• WigHatesMovies

½ Watched by WigHatesMovies 27 Dec, 2011

That lingering taste of vomiting in your mouth, translated to a movie screen.

• phil haigh

★★ Watched by phil haigh 29 Jan, 2015

If paying homage, you'd want to make something excellent and which adds something to the subject of your adoration, surely. I found myself struggling to engage with this on any level beyond understanding the premise. The rest I found a pretty banal exercise in technical skills laced with sentimentalism.

• Catherine Addington

★★★★½ Added by Catherine Addington

This is just fun.

• Jayesh Thawrani

★★★½ Watched by Jayesh Thawrani 25 Jan, 2015

I nice throwback film to the ones that they used to make in the 1930's.

• Cinematic Justice

★★★ Watched by Cinematic Justice 25 Jan, 2015

So much of the discussion of this film surrounds whether it was worthy of its award season hysteria, which I have to agree it wasn't. (Though I still have to argue that The King's Speech is a much worse recent offender here.) Still, I think this is just about the best film you could possibly get out of this concept, and its commitment to its central conceit is pretty admirable. It's just one of those films that strikes me more immediately as "interesting" than "great."

• egglegs

★★★½ Added by egglegs

the first time i watched this movie was without subtitles and the title cards were in french

• Thomas Harrison-Lord

★★★★½ Watched by Thomas Harrison-Lord 25 Jan, 2015

Screenplay and acting, distilled.

• Lord_Filmchen

★★★★ Watched by Lord_Filmchen 25 Jan, 2015

A wonderful & charming movie, really beautifully shot with a perfect score and great performances by the two leads and Uggy the dog. Unfortunately the movie drags in the second half, and the reasons for all of her actions aren't fleshed out too well. But nonetheless something really special that I was glad I saw.

• Juan Ignacio Serra

★★★½ Watched by Juan Ignacio Serra 22 Jan, 2015

Pleasantly surprised by this film. I knew beforehand that it was a silent picture, but the way they play with the concept it was very welcomed. Amazing performances by the main actors, I enjoyed the picture from the beginning to the end.

• Paul Devine

★★★ Watched by Paul Devine 24 Jan, 2015

was shown on BBC2 tonight and i'm sure the score has been changed after watching it many times on duty at my voluntary cinema job i got used to the score that wasn't score I remember