• Richard Wibisono

★★★ Added by Richard Wibisono

Overrate? YES

• Teddroe

★★★★ Rewatched by Teddroe 13 Apr, 2014

Outside the thrill of its initial release and away from the big screen, The Avengers loses a bit of its luster. While still tremendously entertaining and cleverly written, it does drag a little in spots and starts to feel its length. The lack ANY real substance, even in a perfunctory, comic-book movie kind of way, also becomes more apparent.

Still, that "tremendously entertaining" thing gets you a long way.

8 A-

• cineedo
  • Jennifer

★★★½ Watched by Jennifer 13 Apr, 2014

After all the hype revolving around this film, I finally sat down to watch it. Granted, I haven't seen any of the marvel films other than Iron Man, so my knowledge of the characters was fairly limited. But it actually didn't matter too much. They did a great job weaving small parts of each hero's life into the film, so I never felt too lost. One small problem I had was that each protagonist didn't really have a clear character…

• Carter Ringle

★★★★ Rewatched by Carter Ringle 15 Apr, 2014

Fun as all get-out.

• thereelbennyc

★★★★ Added by thereelbennyc

The new Captain America is better

• Chris Purdie

★★★★½ Added by Chris Purdie

The number of explosions in this movie prompted my wimp-neighbours to file a complaint with my landlord for noise pollution. Recommended.

• jpstanley

★★★★ Watched by jpstanley 15 Apr, 2014

why have I not watched this yet?!

• penguinatorxl7

★★★★★ Added by penguinatorxl7

I'm really glad that this movie got me to try Shawerma.

• bmiracle42

★★★★½ Added by bmiracle42

All of Marvel's build-up has led to this.

And it delivers. Skillfully mixing in a few new characters with the firmly established members like Iron Man, this is another superhero movie that keeps a keen eye on how its characters develop, probably thanks in large part to Joss Whedon at the helm.

It's a wild action romp that knows its viewers aren't stupid. Each character's personality shines through expertly, and the final battle in New York feels as epic as…

• Matt Hyland

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Hyland 09 Apr, 2014

Now that we're neck deep in "Phase 2" of Marvel's Hollywood takeover, I thought it would be worth revisiting the film that legitimized their whole crazy gambit in the first place.

It's as good as I remember, has the same flaws I remember, but ultimately deserving of the same praise I heard when it first came out. It isn't easy to inject a movie of such spectacle with a bit of heart and humor, and Marvel are crazy if they…

• Jenny Faller

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jenny Faller 12 Apr, 2014

rewatched for the 90000th time with my aunt and uncle. i had to pause it during the stuttgard scene until everyone was quiet so they could pay full attention.