• Jokercritic

★★★★½ Added by Jokercritic

Review written originally on January 22, 2016.

This is the first combining of a superhero team on the big screen. Everything could have gone wrong, nothing like this has ever been done before. Yet with Joss Whedon’s direction The Avengers have now successfully been integrated and just seeing all these characters on screen at the same time is a real joy to watch. Although it’s by no means a perfect movie, its pros more than make up for the cons…

• Kentex4

★★★ Added by Kentex4

I still enjoy this movie, even if it is a bunch of ‘funny guys’ sitting in a room trying to be the funniest. I dunno, I watched it at just the right time in my life to enjoy it, and I still do. I even own it! Which is a big deal for me.

• Jib

★★★★½ Watched by Jib 20 Oct, 2016

Well, I was introduced to the first actual good villain in my viewing of this universe. Loki was low key great.

So was everything else - and Mark Ruffalo was a much better Hulk than Edward Norton. I was very impressed.

• Jack Paterson

★★★★★ Added by Jack Paterson

This is my favorite Marvel movie, possibly my favorite superhero movie. Let's just talk about all the work it took to pull this off.

-Constructing a shared universe.

-Building charismatic yet diverse characters and hoping they'd have chemistry with each other eventually.

-Having major spectacle and stakes without sacrificing characters.

-Setting up future installments

-Pleasing fans and newcomers alike.

Every box is checked along with the rare (For MCU films.) compelling villain that Marvel has yet to surpass. Scenes look…

• RainbowDash

★★★★ Rewatched by RainbowDash 13 Oct, 2016

A fun movie and it is better in 3D

• Shehboiiiii

★½ Watched by Shehboiiiii 19 Oct, 2016

Wud've been a 1 star, but Scarlett's ass was gud

• emmavestrheim

Watched by emmavestrheim 19 Oct, 2016

I don't understand the hype. It's a bland, cliche superhero movie with no substance and no personality. I actually found it completely boring, despite all the action scenes

• Thom D.J.

★★★★★ Rewatched by Thom D.J. 18 Oct, 2016

The ultimate nerdgasm!

• Patrick Bratin

★★★★½ Added by Patrick Bratin

As the years have gone by and with every rewatch, my enjoyment of The Avengers has been diluted somewhat, and I think people largely choose to forget the fact that the first 40 or so minutes are quite dull and full of sciency gobbledigook.

But I will never forget the excitement I had in the lead up to its release and how even more excited watching it in the cinema made me feel. It's probably the most excited I've ever…

• sharpratings

★★★★ Watched by sharpratings 23 Aug, 2014

IMDb Ratings: 8.1
    Why: Marvel Phase one complete
    Should: Yes..its only heroes in movie.
    My Ratings: 8 - #Great

After recruiting many heroes, shield must get them work to together to fight off evil Loki and his army of Chituari. Beginning of movie is boring but getting to half of movie starts to get the action needed.

Bonus: IronMan vs Thor vs Captain America