• Swampflix

★★★★ Watched by Swampflix 25 Jan, 2016

The Avengers is a fun ride, and although the Battle of New York—as the final action sequence would come to be called in later MCU media—admittedly experienced a series of diminishing returns, most of the myriad of other high-octane set-pieces were genuinely thrilling and engaging.”

Read the full review here.

• konnfusion

★★★ Watched by konnfusion 01 May, 2014

it's good, don't get me wrong. the writing just isn't...great. some of the characterization could've been better, but, as usual with Whedon productions, the banter and action are the highlight.

• HRyan

★★★★★ Added by HRyan

I saw this four times in theaters. I never got tired of watching it. For two and a half hours, the audience is sucked into this universe filled with timeless characters, a fun, action packed story, and a terrific villain played marvelously by Tom Hiddleston. The Avengers couldn't be a better picture. Marvel delivered, we accepted.

• movienotebook

★★★★★ Watched by movienotebook 06 Dec, 2015

I don't know why I didn't like this movie the first time because ever since the second time I have loved it. This is viewing number four counting the commentary viewing of number three. I remember that the one took place the day after viewing number too. That was a rental immediately following my colonoscopy I think. Either that or the IVF. I'm not sure. Anyway, I've lived it every time.

I think I was thrown off and really just…

• Ian

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ian 25 Jun, 2016

99/100

The be all, end all comic book movie.

• Janikweller11

★★★★ Added by Janikweller11

Ein mega Blockbuster
    Eigentlich sogar ein kleine kino Revolution weil einfach hiermit Blockbuster und ein technisch anders Niveau gedreht wurden ein toller cast tolle Figuren grossartiger Dialoge und bunte Sets mit viel Animation macht das hier zu den besten superheldenfilme aller zriten der zweite Teil ist noch größer bunter stärker und ausgelutschter
    Genre 9
    Insgesamt 7.7

• Eric Ray Christensen

★★★★½ Watched by Eric Ray Christensen 24 Jun, 2016

Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye. These are your 2012 Avengers! We’ve seen all of them in their own movies (mostly) and now it’s time to see if they all can make a good movie together. It was unprecedented at the time and now every movie studio is trying to set up their own connected cinematic universe. That means this worked right?

When Loki (played by Tom Hiddleston) returns to Earth to use the Tesseract to…

• Bob Blaschuk

★★★★ Rewatched by Bob Blaschuk 22 Jun, 2016

Alright after re-watching all the "phase one" films, and a few afterwards, I get to The Avengers, the movie that really kind of blew the MCU in superhero stardom. I really loved this film when it came out and have to say on this viewing I still really enjoyed it, and still think it is a great film. I didn't enjoy as much as I did the first time I watched it though. I am not sure if that has…

• Zā

★★★★ Rewatched by 23 Jun, 2016

You know, rewatching this I realized how well put together it was and how much a disaster it could have been. As a DC Comics fanqueer, I so so so hope the Justice League movie comes together just as well.

• Dustin

★★★★ Added by Dustin

Definition of action movie

• Gabriel Guimarães

★★★★ Rewatched by Gabriel Guimarães 19 Jun, 2016

Conquering the MCU: Film #6 - The Avengers

FINALLY! I couldn't wait to watch this again, even more after all those mediocre origin movies. It's Marvel done right, big-budgeted, sprawling fun, and probably the superhero movie of this decade; bar some pacing problems, I haven't got anything to criticize here. Whedon balances everything with such charm and appeal, I just can't dislike it. Ugh, I wish all MCU movies were more like The Avengers.

• terrible

Rewatched by terrible 21 Nov, 2014

I don't think anything besides The Force Awakens has topped the pure childlike awe I was in the first time I watched this. As a film, I could pick apart dozens of issues I have with it, but as a spectacle it's a moviegoing memory I will cherish forever.