• Adam Davis

★★★★ Watched by Adam Davis 04 May, 2012

So The Avengers eh? Not being a Marvel guy myself, I can say I was curious how this would turn out. I don’t have any ties to these characters per se, other than enjoying Iron Man and Captain America. The First Avenger especially was a very nice surprise. It was great to see a so-called “old-fashioned” character pulled off so well in a modern movie.

There were no apologies made for Cap, he was presented straight from the pages of…

• Joe Dreshar

Watched by Joe Dreshar 25 Jan, 2015

Pandering. Talks down to the audience. Simplistic at best.

• Ben Garnhum

★★★★ Added by Ben Garnhum

Cool, grand, explosive, Marvel.

• Jackson Tyler

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jackson Tyler 25 Jan, 2015

I watched too many Marvel films last night and they are all the same movie; this is the best version of that one movie.

• Stephen Brown

★★★★ Rewatched by Stephen Brown 25 Jan, 2015

This second viewing was still a huge amount of fun although perhaps not as great as the first time. I noticed a lot more this time to explain why it works so well. For starters there's all the great dialogue and humour which is far more entertaining than the action sequences. Most action films just end up with a messy and confusing finale and with several heroes this had it's work cut out. It works where so many fail because each sequence is the set up for the next so it all flows together in quite a wonderfully structured way.

• Luke McGowan

★★★★½ Added by Luke McGowan

The superhero film that sets the bar for all superhero films to date, I have no doubt that The Avengers will be as remarkable twenty years from now as it was in 2012.

• benaside

★★★ Rewatched by benaside 23 Jan, 2015

An awesome blockbuster.

• Jonah Chavez

★★ Added by Jonah Chavez

i decided i would like to do this review specifically to rip on this movie because of how much of a disappointment it was when i first saw it in theaters. All the movies building up the story to this film was cool and crazy. but once it was actually time for it....

it blew me away. This movie was bad for me. i could not stand the terrible and cheesy banter with the bad one liners and just all…

• emilio

★★ Rewatched by emilio 14 Sep, 2014

Faceless, gray villains who don't matter. A third act entirely shot in a green room with little to no style. Snappy TV dialogue designed to simultaneously tell a story and get that story out of the way quickly as possible.

THE AVENGERS feels more like a TV pilot than the movie revolution it's claimed to be. I'll give the Disney corporation one thing: they've certainly emulated the superhero comic book formula. Much like the DC and Marvel comic book universes,…

• Konstanca

★★★½ Watched by Konstanca 23 Jan, 2015

Yay, I finally watched it! It took me like 3 years? to watch the most famous film of the decade. And I really enjoyed it, although it's not a great movie for me, but how can you resist to these amazingly hot superheroes lol? And that scene with naked Mark Ruffalo, I'll rewatch the movie just to see this again. I needed a refreshing film to distract myself from all the problems, and this one was pretty much the right choice.

• Michael King

★★★★½ Watched by Michael King 04 May, 2012

A great film combining four Marvel Super Heroes and two of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s special agents to take on Loki and a band of aliens.

• Wilhelm Schuster

★★★½ Watched by Wilhelm Schuster 21 Jan, 2015

Action spectacle. No deep story. Fun to watch despite me not having read any of the comics, but makes me interested in them.