• Brendan Michaels

★★★ Rewatched by Brendan Michaels 05 May, 2016

6/10
    The Avengers, or as I like to call it The Dutch Angle-a-thon, was one of my favorite films of all time growing up. Weirdly enough this is the first time in 4 years that I've seen it. I think what made The Avengers so great when I first watched it was 2 things.

1. I was 12 Years Old when it came out so let's just say my taste in film wasn't the greatest.

2. It was the first…

• Gal Balaban

★★★★½ Added by Gal Balaban

An awesome team-up film with all the great laughs, performances, action sequences, villain, chemistry, and script that such a humongous and spectacular superhero movie needs.

• Jack Gattanella

★★★★★ Watched by Jack Gattanella 05 May, 2012

Any comic book movie - worth its salt far as budgets go - can give us terrific action with mind-blowing CGI and special effects. Marvel's The Avengers, the culmination of the work of five movies (one of them a sequel to the first, Iron Man), is stuffed with a good load of action and mayhem and a climax that bursts at the seams with aliens being torn apart by the heroes Captain America, Incredible Hulk, Thor and Tony Stark (plus…

• Nathan Smith

★½ Watched by Nathan Smith 05 May, 2016 1

i fell asleep during the last 15 minutes of this

• _elric_

★★★★★ Rewatched by _elric_ 29 Apr, 2016 2

masterpiece

• PRY

★★★★★ Rewatched by PRY 05 May, 2016 1

Part of the Ultimate Captain America marathon. Although I wish the film's look was more distinctive, it's still the definition of boss.

• Roman Colombo

★★★★★ Rewatched by Roman Colombo 05 May, 2016

Part 2 of the marathon. This is not just rewatchable, but it's hard not to feel the magic every time.

• Joseph Smith-Matthews

★★★★½ Rewatched by Joseph Smith-Matthews 05 May, 2016

Well assembled.

• nicktday

★★★★★ Rewatched by nicktday 02 May, 2016

Perfect, both as a film in it's own right and as the magnificent culmination of phase 1.

Still bugs me they don't make a call back in the final battle to when Thor zapped Iron Man to 400% capacity. How cool would that have been in the midst of battle as Tony's power dwindles only to be supercharged by Thor?

• Lisa Clemens

Added by Lisa Clemens

Perhaps it's just me, but I cannot seem to grasp why some many people likes this movie? The dialogue is terrible, the action scenes are way over the top and the characters are not developped at all.

• Alec Greer

★★★★★ Added by Alec Greer

What can I say? It's The Avengers! Story is fine, but it's the incredible action, witty dialogue, wonderful characters, and solid direction by Joss Whedon that makes it one of the best summer blockbusters of its kind.

• Dougal

★★★★ Rewatched by Dougal 04 May, 2016

Part four of ill-conceived pre-Civil War semi-marathon.

As remembered: great, duh.