• Lucas Zegwaard

★★★★ Rewatched by Lucas Zegwaard 30 Oct, 2014

If anything The Avengers isn't a quality movie, but a quantity movie. Where as other superhero movies have 2 or 3 great action sequences, Avengers has 10, where other superhero movies have 1 good character moment, Avengers has 5, where other movies have 5 good jokes, Avengers has 20.

It's seeing these characters come together that is so good about this movie, what isn't is the story. It's one big McGuffin hunt after another, it's a cobbled together story lines…

• dpettinger

★★★★½ Rewatched by dpettinger 20 Oct, 2014

Can't wait for the next on now...

• c_bostar

★★★★★ Added by c_bostar

I love seeing all the worlds colliding and how each hero interacts with one another. I hadn't even cared about Iron Man and its sequels until I saw Tony Stark talk to the Hulk.
    Loki plays a great villain and super heroes sure love referencing Hitler.
    It makes me want more spin offs focusing on Hawkeyes and the black widow.

• Marc Cooper

★★★★ Rewatched by Marc Cooper 26 Oct, 2014

I think I enjoy this more each time I watch it.

• Roverius

★★★ Added by Roverius

To much attention to Ironman, the Hulk and Captain A.
    To much demolishing which fills 30% of the movie.

• willmoviefan97

★★★★★ Added by willmoviefan97

Loki: "Who do I have to fear?"
    Tony: "The Avengers! It's what we call ourselves, earth mightiest heroes. Sort of a team."

Still the second best superhero movie of all-time (only behind the obvious #1). Everything I want in a summer blockbuster. And yes considering I've rewatched Cap 2 and now this in just a day, clearly that Avengers 2 teaser was so good it put me in a Marvel mood.

• Cory Mailyard

★★★ Rewatched by Cory Mailyard 25 Oct, 2014

First rewatch since I caught it opening weekend in a packed theater. Two years removed from it being the BIGGEST MOVIE EVER I find I can appreciate it a little bit more. It's still hobbled by fan service and a too-safe commitment to cinematic universe world building, but it's also a brilliantly constructed actioner that's rarely stupid even if it's also rarely great. Really, it's a screenplay that should be studied in universities. Whedon juggles characters with such aplomb it…

• misha winchester

★★★½ Watched by misha winchester 31 Aug, 2012

nerdgasm,,,,,,

• DONMEGA

★★★★★ Added by DONMEGA

The Best!!!

• KLKlovesmovies

★★★★ Added by KLKlovesmovies

The Avengers is a great action pack super-hero movie for anyone who loves the following superheroes, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Hulk. The storyline is well thought out, as each superhero must overcome their own issues and work together in forming The Avengers. Mark Ruffalo steals the spotlight in this movie for me right from the beginning as Bruce Banner. I only wish there was more plot for Bruce to work with. The only bad part…

• Jacob Gehman

★★½ Added by Jacob Gehman

Not bad--the premise itself is a bit weak, but I guess the excuse to get so many superheroes on screen makes premise an afterthought. This movie is strongest, of course, when Hulk Smash. It is also successful with the various superhero interactions--especially any with Bruce Banner.

But the biggest problem lies in the lack of an actual antagonist. Sure, Loki is a cute little hellraiser, but his minions are all nameless, faceless insects that seem to only exist for the sake of getting superhero action on-screen.

• Sean

★★★★ Rewatched by Sean 18 Oct, 2014

After a third rewatch, I've discovered that Avengers is too long for its own good and an assault to the senses with too much going on. Downey Jr is pretty much the best thing about this as is Whedon's direction and dialog.