• movieboogaloo

★★★★★ Added by movieboogaloo

Definitely in the top 3 greatest comic book films ever made. Joss Whedon gives us a boner ride full of action, comedy, and Shawarma.

• William Tallman

★★★★ Rewatched by William Tallman 26 Apr, 2015

After seeing The Avengers many of many times now, I don't think it fully lives up to my amazing initial viewing of it. It starts off a little slow and the story itself is very basic to me, but there's still so much enjoyment to be had with the film. The chemistry between the characters is terrific, the visuals are great, the action sequences are spectacular, and just watching these iconic superheroes on screen together is the ultimate payoff in my opinion.

• AlbHeisenberg

★★★★½ Added by AlbHeisenberg

I love this movie and have seen it so many times

• Nick Simone

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nick Simone 24 Apr, 2015

I unabashedly love this movie. I know that's not exactly going against the grain but this movie is the culmination of everything I've ever wanted as a comic book and movie fan. Sure, it takes a little bit to get going, but once it does it is pure fan boy glee watching these characters bounce off each other. I remember seeing this in the theater and literally losing my breath during the final battle. I never thought Marvel would be…

• AlecinRealLife

★★★ Rewatched by AlecinRealLife 25 Apr, 2015

Seems like Whedon didn't trust his audience enough to grasp subtext. Dialogue more stiff than I remember, but setpieces still stellar and characters allow for interesting organic conflict

• Michael Herrington

★★★★ Watched by Michael Herrington 25 Apr, 2015

Another really good recent superhero movie. I guess I can't complain about the recent surge in their popularity. Then again, maybe not all of them are this good.

• David Daut

Rewatched by David Daut 25 Apr, 2015

If anything, THE AVENGERS is proof that characters are the single most important part of film. It's not how the film looks or even the plot, because if we're being totally honest, THE AVENGERS is a bit weak in both categories – the digital photography in the film is remarkably ugly, and the plot involves a lot of wheel spinning to get to the big climax – yet it's a huge triumphant success of a film.

The trick is that…

• elias1026

★★★★ Watched by elias1026 25 Apr, 2015 3

And with that, I have been proven wrong. I had previously written off The Avengers after watching 30 minutes of a crappy cam-rip a few years ago, and now I'm so glad I did. I'm so glad because now - on a boring day such as this - I could revisit it, and be fully amazed. I've never been a fan of Marvel films, but with Guardians of the Galaxy, the promising Big Hero 6, and now The Avengers, I find myself warming to their sleek and glossy visuals, and although at times obnoxious, their clever and well delivered dialogue (lookin' at you, RDJ).

• bennington13

★★★★★ Rewatched by bennington13 12 Apr, 2015

Still. Awesome.

• James Davies

★★★★ Rewatched by James Davies 23 Apr, 2015

Funny, exciting and intense. Avengers utilises it's ensemble cast perfectly - a brilliant end to the first phase of Marvel films.

• Jack Gaffney

★★★½ Rewatched by Jack Gaffney 25 Apr, 2015

I feel disappointed with this viewing of The Avengers - a film that I once praised to be one of my favorites of all-time. I still think it's a good movie, nothing more, nothing less. But something about this rewatch made me like the movie a little less than my previous viewings of this admirable flick. I felt the runtime of the movie this viewing and I couldn't help but notice the extremely convenient and, at points, forced plot points.…

• lantio

★★★★½ Rewatched by lantio 24 Apr, 2015

I had to watch this again to prepare for Ultron and I love it so much. I hadn't seen it since the theatres and I didn't like it that much when I first saw it but now after a second watch, I love it. The comedy was perfect, the action was awesome, and it is simply the definition of a fun movie. I'm really looking forward to Age of Ultron!!