• feedingbrett

★★★½ Rewatched by feedingbrett 28 Jul, 2014 2

Definitely better this time around, but there are still enough issues that holds me back from loving it. That score still gets me every time and its final 30 minutes is still a jaw-dropper.

My previous review

• Ben Croghan

★★★ Rewatched by Ben Croghan 27 Jul, 2014

Comic con hype got to me. Had the need to rewatch a superhero movie. Avengers is still a fun ride, despite starting as a shamefully muddled mess that slowly climbs to one of the most fun and exciting final acts in recent blockbuster films.

This film is ugly and so blandy shot that it is actually off-putting when an artistically composed shot comes across in the movie (there's like four, if you're counting.)

Aside from some solid acting (Tom Hiddleston…

• Emmanuel Serratos

★★★★★ Rewatched by Emmanuel Serratos 27 Jul, 2014

still fucking awesome.

• Zac Oldenburg

★★★★½ Rewatched by Zac Oldenburg 26 Jul, 2014

Still great.

• Rob Smith

★★★★★ Watched by Rob Smith 25 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• chelsea

★★★ Added by chelsea

ehhhhh it's alright I guess

• Dirk van Eck

★★ Watched by Dirk van Eck 26 Jul, 2014

How is it possible to make such a boring movie out of two hours of non-stop action sequences? That question is rhetoric of course, it answers itself. There is no focus, no outburst of violence or action; just a long overstretched film stuffed with it. That for me renders it as dull as - or actually much duller than - the slowest of dramas (looking at you ‘Once Upon a Time in Anatolia’). It’s a full stellar cast, but not…

• Ruth

★★★ Watched by Ruth 21 Jul, 2014

It's rare that you feel like the last person in the world to see a particular film, particularly in the land of cinephiles. According to LB, this was the only film I had not yet seen from the top dozen most viewed films.

From the moment Johansson flips the table in the early interrogation scene, it's apparent we are in a Whedon production. He does help imbue this film with heart, smart aleck personality and an infectious sense of fandom.…

• Ben B

★★★★ Added by Ben B

My girlfriend hates this movie. I've seen it 3 times in the last month.

• Sam Denyer

★★★★½ Rewatched by Sam Denyer 22 Jul, 2014

Despite suffering from a slow start, The Avengers delivers excellently as soon as it gets into its groove. Whedon has created a wonderful script, that never fails to underdeliver on humour, action or excitement. The best thing is the fact that Whedon makes superheroes appealing and relatable to everyone, definitely no mean feat.

• Rick Bman

★★★★ Rewatched by Rick Bman 21 Jul, 2014

Sick day movie.

View

• #DarthVader " Da Swag Sith"

★★★ Added by #DarthVader " Da Swag Sith"

I was having a threesome with Obi Wan and Padme while watching this film #vaderliked #reversestormtrooper