• Jabberwocky

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jabberwocky 23 Apr, 2014

"The Avengers" is the ultimate superhero movie.
    I've never before seen that many action scenes or a whole city being destructed and I have to say that I loved it.
    "The Avengers" is a unique film to combines a great plot, some great actors and powerful visuals. All these factors make upthe biggest spectacle of our decade (so far).
    It all starts when Loki steals a really powerful power source. The S.H.I.E.L.D. will do anything to re-claim it and the…

• Yixiang Weng

★★★★½ Rewatched by Yixiang Weng 22 Apr, 2014

watched the making of as well

• Fayner4

★★★★★ Added by Fayner4

Awesome movie ..

I love the Marvel Series !

• JackieGigantic

★★½ Added by JackieGigantic

I'm going to just step out there and say that the novelty that this movie even exists at all is almost entirely what carries it. It's a truly inspiring marvel of marketing and thorough planning, the shockwave of which will be felt within Hollywood for decades to come. It's a shame that despite being such a milestone it's also just a pretty disappointing film.

Perhaps the weakest feature of the movie is in its villain - Tom Hiddleston's Loki, despite…

• Robert Sutton

★★★★★ Rewatched by Robert Sutton 21 Apr, 2014

About as fun as movies get. A blast from top to bottom, and a clear step up from Marvel's previous efforts.

Stands along the original Superman, Man of Steel, Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises as the epic of comic book films. Hoping others can try to meet the standard Marvel has managed to set.

• Daniel Charchuk

★★★½ Watched by Daniel Charchuk 08 May, 2012

It's fun, and appropriately silly, but so much of the so-called plot and dialogue is just incoherent nonsense. Other than Loki, who were the bad guys? Generic evil aliens? Plus the Tesseract gave me bad memories of the AllSpark from Transformers, and the technobabble between Stark and Banner is laughable.

But the action scenes are exciting and well-shot, if somewhat cheap-looking, and RDJ is as hilarious as always (I lost it when he called Loki "Reindeer Games"). On the whole, it's a suitably entertaining picture, and I guess that's all that matters.

• Roger Joseph Ebert

★★★½ Added by Roger Joseph Ebert

One of the weapons Marvel used in its climb to comic-book dominance was a willingness to invent new characters at a dizzying speed. There are so many Marvel universes, indeed, that some superheroes do not even exist in one another's worlds, preventing gridlock. The Avengers however do share the same time and space continuum, although in recent years, they've been treated in separate, single-superhero movies. One assumes the idle Avengers follow the exploits of the employed ones on the news.…

• Bunkerwelt

★★★★★ Rewatched by Bunkerwelt 21 Apr, 2014

I have seen "The Avengers" many times now since it came out and yet I still haven't wrote a proper review and again I don't feel quite up to the task today.

After the solo movies established the different characters Joss Whedon is able to do what he does best and juggle these different types into one enjoyable tale. I especially love that once shit hits the fan you can see exactly what role every single Avenger serves in the…

• Marvell

★★★★ Watched by Marvell 04 May, 2012

I can still remember waiting in line with my siblings the night this film released. The Avengers wasn't just a movie, it was an event, and one I won't soon forget.

I can sit here and nitpick this movie to hell and back, but you should be having too much fun to give a shit. There are some things about a unified cinematic universe that has its pros and cons. Cons: Most of the films will sort of feel the…

• fermion

★★★½ Added by fermion

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Mintype

★★★★ Added by Mintype

Post-reservists movie treat that holds special meaning to me.

• Ella

★★★★½ Watched by Ella 05 Apr, 2014

"You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark, please leave a message."

Apart from Iron Man 2, this is my first Marvel movie.

Man, it was excellent.