• DONMEGA

★★★★★ Added by DONMEGA

The Best!!!

• KLKlovesmovies

★★★★ Added by KLKlovesmovies

The Avengers is a great action pack super-hero movie for anyone who loves the following superheroes, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Hulk. The storyline is well thought out, as each superhero must overcome their own issues and work together in forming The Avengers. Mark Ruffalo steals the spotlight in this movie for me right from the beginning as Bruce Banner. I only wish there was more plot for Bruce to work with. The only bad part…

• Jacob Gehman

★★½ Added by Jacob Gehman

Not bad--the premise itself is a bit weak, but I guess the excuse to get so many superheroes on screen makes premise an afterthought. This movie is strongest, of course, when Hulk Smash. It is also successful with the various superhero interactions--especially any with Bruce Banner.

But the biggest problem lies in the lack of an actual antagonist. Sure, Loki is a cute little hellraiser, but his minions are all nameless, faceless insects that seem to only exist for the sake of getting superhero action on-screen.

• Sean

★★★★ Rewatched by Sean 18 Oct, 2014

After a third rewatch, I've discovered that Avengers is too long for its own good and an assault to the senses with too much going on. Downey Jr is pretty much the best thing about this as is Whedon's direction and dialog.

• Sam's Labyrinth

★★★ Watched by Sam's Labyrinth 15 Oct, 2014

Somewhere past the halfway point of "The Avengers," the following dialogue sequence takes place between Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye and Scarlett Johansson's Natasha about the supervillain Loki:

Hawkeye: He's gonna make his play soon though. Today.
    Natasha: We've gotta stop him.

"We've gotta stop him." Argh. This one exchange basically encapsulates everything I dislike about this movie. First of all: the writers felt the need to have Scarlett Johansson reiterate to the audience the importance of stopping the bad guy, about…

• vpuik

★★★★★ Rewatched by vpuik 19 Oct, 2014

I've seen this movie several times before, but it is still hard to find any real fault in it. Few scenes could be shorter, but boy is the movie good.

• Hemi

★★★★ Added by Hemi

Great Marvel movie. I am happy with the way everything came together for this culmination.

• Elijah Davidson

★★★½ Rewatched by Elijah Davidson 16 Oct, 2014

The epitome of fan service. Somehow, it makes you think you're a fan and that you're being serviced.

• Rodney Terrell

★★★★★ Rewatched by Rodney Terrell 16 Oct, 2014

"Yeah, takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But let's do a head count here: your brother the demi-god; a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend; a man with breath-taking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins, and YOU, big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them."-Tony Stark

I love this movie, for the first time we get a multi-franchise event film…

• Jeff

★★★ Rewatched by Jeff 12 Oct, 2014 25

Actual conversations I had with my 2 and a half year old son, Jack, while watching this:

Jack: Who dat?
    Me: Loki.
    Jack: [Looks confused.]
    Me: I don't know. He's a god like Thor. Or maybe a demigod ... [trails off realizing that mentioning a real villain like Dr. Doom would just upset the boy.]

*****

Jack: Watch something else?
    Me: Dude, this has Iron Man and Hulk and Captain America in it ... eventually.

*****

Jack: Where's Hulk?
    Me:…

• Amy Ashdown

★★★★ Rewatched by Amy Ashdown 14 Oct, 2014

Great blend of comedy, action and camaraderie, making The Avengers the best Marvel universe film to date (that I've seen, although I can't imagine Iron Man 3, Thor 2 or Cap 2 are any better). I've been a huge fan of Joss Whedon for many years, and he just knows how to write snappy dialogue and likeable characters. I'm looking forward to Age of Ultron, despite the all-too-ominous 'darker sequel' title.

• frecklyjesus