• Chris Williams

★★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Williams 29 Jan, 2015

The last hour is still one of the most purely exciting and fun pieces of popcorn I've ever seen -- my inner 8-year-old fully comes out to play with this one.

• InSession Film

★★★★★ Rewatched by InSession Film 30 Jan, 2015

I still geek out every time I see this. Love every second of this film.

Also, it's even better when you get home from dinner and your wife puts in on without you telling her to.

::Sits proud::

• dantebk

★★★★½ Rewatched by dantebk 28 Jan, 2015 1

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Part 8 of my Comic Book Movies, Ranked project.

The following review contains spoilers.

Overview:

Loki, bitter from his defeat in Thor, in which his brother prevented his attempt to become King of Asgard, teams up with an unknown but very scary partner in exchange for the power to become King of Earth, his brother’s new favorite place. Given a gem that can take over someone’s mind (a kind of “Mind Gem” if you will) Loki manages to take possession…

• Ben Dugan

★★½ Added by Ben Dugan

It's loud, it's long, lots of stuff gets destroyed. No one appears to be enjoying themselves too much.
    If you like these Marvel movies you've probably seen and loved this. I just can't get into these much myself though.

• Catherine Addington

★★★★ Added by Catherine Addington

this is so great but could use more ladies

• MileSize

Added by MileSize

A fun superhero movie. Not big on plot but big on action.

• Justin Key

★★★★½ Watched by Justin Key 29 Apr, 2012

Just superb; pretty much everything they were trying to set up with the previous films and achieve when they combined the characters worked out beautifully

• William Humes

★★★★★ Rewatched by William Humes 27 Jan, 2015

Steve Rogers: "I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here."

Bruce Banner: "I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. You can smell crazy on him."

Thor: "Have a care how you speak! Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard and he is my brother!"

Natasha Romanoff: "He killed eighty people in two days."

Thor: "He's adopted."

That conversation alone is worth the five stars!

• Adam Davis

★★★★ Watched by Adam Davis 04 May, 2012

So The Avengers eh? Not being a Marvel guy myself, I can say I was curious how this would turn out. I don’t have any ties to these characters per se, other than enjoying Iron Man and Captain America. The First Avenger especially was a very nice surprise. It was great to see a so-called “old-fashioned” character pulled off so well in a modern movie.

There were no apologies made for Cap, he was presented straight from the pages of…

• Joe Dreshar

Watched by Joe Dreshar 25 Jan, 2015

Pandering. Talks down to the audience. Simplistic at best.

• Ben Garnhum

★★★★ Added by Ben Garnhum

Cool, grand, explosive, Marvel.

• Jackson Tyler

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jackson Tyler 25 Jan, 2015

I watched too many Marvel films last night and they are all the same movie; this is the best version of that one movie.