• Teddroe

★★★★ Rewatched by Teddroe 13 Apr, 2014

Outside the thrill of its initial release and away from the big screen, The Avengers loses a bit of its luster. While still tremendously entertaining and cleverly written, it does drag a little in spots and starts to feel its length. The lack ANY real substance, even in a perfunctory, comic-book movie kind of way, also becomes more apparent.

Still, that "tremendously entertaining" thing gets you a long way.

8 A-

• cineedo
  • Jennifer

★★★½ Watched by Jennifer 13 Apr, 2014

After all the hype revolving around this film, I finally sat down to watch it. Granted, I haven't seen any of the marvel films other than Iron Man, so my knowledge of the characters was fairly limited. But it actually didn't matter too much. They did a great job weaving small parts of each hero's life into the film, so I never felt too lost. One small problem I had was that each protagonist didn't really have a clear character…

• Carter Ringle

★★★★ Rewatched by Carter Ringle 15 Apr, 2014

Fun as all get-out.

• thereelbennyc

★★★★ Added by thereelbennyc

The new Captain America is better

• Chris Purdie

★★★★½ Added by Chris Purdie

The number of explosions in this movie prompted my wimp-neighbours to file a complaint with my landlord for noise pollution. Recommended.

• jpstanley

★★★★ Watched by jpstanley 15 Apr, 2014

why have I not watched this yet?!

• penguinatorxl7

★★★★★ Added by penguinatorxl7

I'm really glad that this movie got me to try Shawerma.

• bmiracle42

★★★★½ Added by bmiracle42

All of Marvel's build-up has led to this.

And it delivers. Skillfully mixing in a few new characters with the firmly established members like Iron Man, this is another superhero movie that keeps a keen eye on how its characters develop, probably thanks in large part to Joss Whedon at the helm.

It's a wild action romp that knows its viewers aren't stupid. Each character's personality shines through expertly, and the final battle in New York feels as epic as…

• Matt Hyland

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Hyland 09 Apr, 2014

Now that we're neck deep in "Phase 2" of Marvel's Hollywood takeover, I thought it would be worth revisiting the film that legitimized their whole crazy gambit in the first place.

It's as good as I remember, has the same flaws I remember, but ultimately deserving of the same praise I heard when it first came out. It isn't easy to inject a movie of such spectacle with a bit of heart and humor, and Marvel are crazy if they…

• Jenny Faller

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jenny Faller 12 Apr, 2014

rewatched for the 90000th time with my aunt and uncle. i had to pause it during the stuttgard scene until everyone was quiet so they could pay full attention.

• Jeremy Doan

★½ Rewatched by Jeremy Doan 13 Apr, 2014

I don't know what it would take to justify the massive amounts of destruction that occurs throughout the mostly incomprehensible action sequences of this severely over-wrought live-action cartoon, but some occasionally witty dialogue and somewhat effective chemistry between the multitude of lead actors is not enough for me, who has not the least bit of interest in any of the main or secondary characters and the world they inhabit.