• Dave Holmes

★★★★★ Added by Dave Holmes

A friend of mine who recently saw The Avengers posted one of the best movie review-cum-status updates I've read on FB: "Oh my f#&%ing god! That was without question the best superhero film I've ever seen!" I gotta disagree with him, just a tad. The Avengers is certainly the best LIVE ACTION/BASED on a comic superhero film I've ever seen. But best superhero film period? I gotta save that honour for The Incredibles, sorry.

But considering I've seen The Avengers…

• capitolfi

★★★★★ Rewatched by capitolfi 18 Sep, 2015

This is everything that a popcorn flick should be...mindless balls-to-the-wall fun. I've seen it several times now...and it still makes me feel like a kid when it gets going.

• pmccarthy

★★★★★ Added by pmccarthy

Absolutely awesome movie. The 5 t-up movies just made it better. Oh and Tom Hiddleston. And Mark Ruffalo (best Hulk).

• Bryan Anthony

★★★★★ Rewatched by Bryan Anthony 09 Sep, 2015

I have finally narrowed down why I love Marvel movies so much. Marvel Studios isn't pretentious. They know that the premise of comic book superheroes is ridiculous but they embrace that and run with it. You won't find much high theatre at Marvel, but you will find likeable, relatable, characters in fantasy situations which have an internal rationale and logic in a story that ties itself to the greater Marvel Movie universe.

The weakness of movies like Man of Steel…

• TheAnalyzer

★★★★★ Added by TheAnalyzer

OK, so I've read that some people didn't like the movie for having so many superheros. Hellooo! These are the people that knew it would have too many superheros.

Anyway, what's great about The Avengers? Hmmm... all-star cast that do great at their roles, one thing. Plus, they put up some great, funny dialogue. The movie's more packed with action than a factory's packed with inventory, and the effects are very realistic. The characters are almost all well-developed, and Loki…

• The Markle

★★★★★ Added by The Markle

3D incredible quality image, cinematography. Great story and use of all characters. Very enjoyable to watch. Loved it. I was in the right mood at the right time.

• Lois

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lois 30 Aug, 2015

Every time I watch this movie again I am reminded of the incredible experience of seeing it for the first time. In the cinema the laughing, cheering and gasps of the audience were as much fun as the movie itself and I think the memory of that has really added to every rewatch. I love the way the characters are introduced to the film and each other and the simple but exciting plot and villain. To me it's the film that shows how to make a good ensemble cast piece.

• may_books

★★★★★ Added by may_books

Love <3

• HeelWolverine

★★★★★ Watched by HeelWolverine 04 May, 2012

• Jon Tucker

★★★★★ Added by Jon Tucker

( A+ ) The Avengers is everything I could've possibly wanted it to be. More than just a great comic book movie. Joss Whedon nailed it. The characters, the dialogue, the action, the humor. He's been my favorite writer since Buffy & Angel. -----Spoiler Alert: Thanos!!!!! Cant wait to see the Avengers take on The Infinity Guantlet.

• Jóckisan

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jóckisan 08 Aug, 2015

Na primeira vez que assisti Os Vingadores, o único filme do Universo Cinematográfico Marvel que eu tinha assistido antes foi Capitão América: O Primeiro Vingador, o que foi um erro enorme, porque quando você assiste Os Vingadores sem ver todos os filmes do universo que vieram antes, você verá nele só um filme com muitas cenas de ação, mas algumas coisas não farão sentido para você, e por isso você não entenderá nada. Quer dizer, você entenderá que tem uma…

• matthewmarkham

★★★★★ Added by matthewmarkham

What comic book movies should be.