• Sal

★★★★★ Watched by Sal 22 Jul, 2016 10

"Maybe you should drop dead, you selfish cunt!"

A quick heads-up, I have never seen the original Bad Lieutenant.
    I was gonna watch it before this one, but couldn't find a copy in the short amount of time.
    Given that director Werner Herzog has publicly admitted that the 2 films share nothing in common other than "It only has a corrupt policeman as the central character and that's about it", I don't think it's a big issue.
    I'm sure that…

• Richard Trapp

★★★★★ Rewatched by Richard Trapp 18 Jul, 2016 1

"Hello, Miss! I'm a lieutenant in the police department! I'm in the middle of a homicide investigation! Can I get my prescription now PLEASE?"

• Chris Ritter

★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Ritter 19 Jul, 2016

HILARIOUS.

• Bandabydoo

★★★½ Watched by Bandabydoo 18 Jul, 2016

Shoot him again, his soul's still dancing.

• Jonny Moore

★★★★ Added by Jonny Moore

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans (2010)
    Director – Werner Herzog
    Character – Terrence McDonagh
    Watched 7th January 2013 with Char and Genna
    Best Cage Rage Moment – When he tries to kill on old woman by pulling out her breathing tube (01:03:10).

New year so thought I'd start 2013 with a bang with a really good Cage film and that film is Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans and what a film it is. Cage plays Terrence…

• sitenoise

★★★★ Watched by sitenoise 06 Dec, 2009

If Herzog would have known ahead of time that he was going to get the performance from Nicolas Cage that he got he might have spent a little more time massaging the script and produced a masterpiece. Instead what he gives us is a pretty good movie with a wonderful performance from Cage. The film is more a series of vignettes than a smoothly flowing story. A lot of it is implausible if you stop and dissect it so maybe a series of hallucinogenic impressions was the only way to go.

• yanni

Watched by yanni 22 Jun, 2016

wasnt feelin it so i bailed

• Liam Fitzgibbon

★★★★½ Watched by Liam Fitzgibbon 14 Jun, 2016

"Shoot him again, his soul's still dancing"

Werner Herzog's European experimental sensibilities meld with the high gloss of hollywood police drama to create a surreal, fever nightmare.

The film simultaneously offers up Nicholas Cage's most hilarious and terrifying performance (even by Nicholas Cage standards) "Everything I take is prescription - except for the heroin."

• Richard Trapp

★★★★½ Rewatched by Richard Trapp 06 Jun, 2016

"I'll kill all of you. To the break of dawn. To the break of dawn, baby!"

• Andrew Edison

★★★★★ Watched by Andrew Edison 30 May, 2016

Some movies you rewatch so many times you wonder if there might be something wrong with you

• Richie Hodge

★★★½ Watched by Richie Hodge 31 May, 2016

Soooo, what can you say about The Bad Lieutenant Port of Call New Orleans?

Well, The Bad Lieutenant Port of Call New Orleans stars Nick Cage as Terence McDonagh - The Bad Lieutenant himself. His Port of Call for this movie being New Orleans. Initially starting off as a Good Cop...well, sorta a good cop, he's a bit of a douche but ultimately has a heart of gold. Anyway, Terence suffers an injury, and becomes addicted to painkillers in addition…

• Unrequited

★★★ Watched by Unrequited 31 May, 2016

When Cage said "His soul is still dancing" as the camera panned to a man headspinning on the carpet whilst a reptile rolled on by to the sound of a blaring harmonica, I spat tea onto my computer screen.