• Andrew Edison

★★★★★ Watched by Andrew Edison 30 May, 2016

Some movies you rewatch so many times you wonder if there might be something wrong with you

• Richie Hodge

★★★½ Watched by Richie Hodge 31 May, 2016

Soooo, what can you say about The Bad Lieutenant Port of Call New Orleans?

Well, The Bad Lieutenant Port of Call New Orleans stars Nick Cage as Terence McDonagh - The Bad Lieutenant himself. His Port of Call for this movie being New Orleans. Initially starting off as a Good Cop...well, sorta a good cop, he's a bit of a douche but ultimately has a heart of gold. Anyway, Terence suffers an injury, and becomes addicted to painkillers in addition…

• Unrequited

★★★½ Watched by Unrequited 31 May, 2016

When Cage said "His soul is still dancing" as the camera panned to a man headspinning on the carpet whilst a reptile rolled on by to the sound of a blaring harmonica, I spat tea onto my computer screen.

• Wolfiexe

★★½ Added by Wolfiexe

Based what did I even watch

• Minion Max

★★★½ Watched by Minion Max 29 May, 2016

Dank Memetenant: Port of Call - Nic Cage is a pretty bad film that turns into a pretty good film. It tricks you into believing it's trying to be taken seriously as it slowly subverts your expectations and becomes quite amusing if you're willing to roll with it.

If you don't get a giggle out of it, then your soul ain't dancin'.

• Xplodera

★★ Watched by Xplodera 25 May, 2016

“Do fishes have dreams?”

For such a twisted film, Werner Herzog’s Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call – New Orleans carries a surprisingly ordinary story with a simple police investigation sticking to its path. This could be excused by the fact that the film focuses more on Nicolas Cage’s drug-addicted loose cannon of a cop – but the film does nothing with that. It’s just the fact that Cage’s McDonagh is balls-to-the-walls insane throughout, but his character is never explored or…

• A_lonely_grape

★★ Watched by A_lonely_grape 26 May, 2016 2

Don't let my rating fool you, I love every second of this film.

• Ben

★★★★ Watched by Ben 20 May, 2016

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans may fall under the category of movies that are better enjoyed while under the influence. However, even without taking drugs, it's an experience that everyone should have.

Bad Lieutenant: PoCNO is a rare film that has a main character that is completely evil, and still has a "happy" ending for that character. Nicholas Cage as the Lieutenant works perfectly, and there is no such thing as holding back. You think that we…

• handlaren123

★★★½ Added by handlaren123

A good drama starring an amazing Cage, drugs and lizards. Worth watching just for the shootout towards the end and Cage toting a S&W model 29 throughout the movie.

• leonardvahey

★★★★ Added by leonardvahey

What the fuck. That's all I can say for this film. Nothing makes sense nothing has any meaning it's just What. The. Fuck.

• Cornelius_Blaze

★★ Added by Cornelius_Blaze

My hesitation was wrong on this one, at first it was supposedly a remake of Bad Lieutenant and secondly it was Nicholas Cage. Who i haven't liked that much since Ghost Rider. He was good in this film, hobbling about and taking drugs and being corrupt to get his job done and aiding his drug habit. This film tells of his dependency on drugs and why this is and how Terence McDonagh (Nicholas Cage) finds ways of getting more etc.…

• Luke Martin

½ Watched by Luke Martin 13 May, 2016

Surely this is a Herzog doco on bad improv?