• Zac Holly

Keitel was the Badder Lieutenant, but Cage is pretty fun.

• Personhead

★★★★½

Wickedly funny and surprisingly warm flick from the dream pairing of Herzog and Cage.

• Rondal Robinson

★★★★★

So horrible, so great!

• Nelson Espe

★★★★★

Cage is so unhinged, so crazy, so over the top, and so damn fun to watch. This is an all time great performance.

• Adryon Thomas

★★★★

Happy Birthday Nicolas Cage... and Mom.

Yeah, Nic Cage and my Mom share the same birthday.

Crazy, Right?

• Reid Sweatt

★★★½

What's Werner Herzog's phone number, or email? I want to encourage him to make another one of these.

He uncages Cage, and invades the personal space of some iguanas. What more do you want from a movie?

• __rage

★★★★

this is where it all began,
    my fascination

• Josiah Morgan

ha ha what

• will will

★★★★

i have a hard time commenting on this film. it's bizarre at times, sometimes a bit too stuffy, and hilarious at other times. clearly nic cage gives a stunning performance that i'll think of from time to time, fondly; up there (but not all the way) alongside wild at heart and raising arizona. the 'wrap up' at the end kind of hurt the power of the 'event' structure it had going on for the rest of its length. i still love anything that gives such strong voices to inconsequential characters. the very last scene is perfect.

• Brandon

★★½

My copy was defective so I didn't see the last 40 minutes but Michael Shannon was lookin pretty damn fine.

• DrDoof

★★★★

Hier sieht man, was ein Meisterregisseur das Wahnsinnspiel eines Schauspielers dirigieren muss, damit eine geile Performance hinlegt.

2 h Stunden Nicolas Cage bei der langsamen Reise in den Wahnsinn zuzusehen macht einfach Spaß. Das Ende ist für mich allerdings irgendwie zu seltsam geraten.

Die letzten 10 Minuten trügen den meinen Gesamteindruck nur minimal.

• Nicolò Grasso

★★★★

From what I understand, director Werner Herzog wanted to call this simply Port of Call - New Orleans, but the studio and screenwriter chose to attach the Bad Lieutenant to make this seem like some kind of remake, even though they are almost two completely different movies.

This is a dark comedy, be it intentionally or not. Nic Cage is insane, there is quite a lot of drug usage, weird situations, cooky characters and bad actors, upbeat music, and iguanas.…