• am

★★★ Rewatched by am 25 Aug, 2016

I've seen this film twice now and I still struggle to understand the sequence of events, or why this movie even exists. It plays out like a fever dream; there are some very memorable portions, but it's hard to put them in any comprehensible order.

• Greg Newman

★★★½ Added by Greg Newman

"Shoot him again.
    What for?
    His soul's still dancing"

Cage at his crazy best

• Joshua Singer

½ Added by Joshua Singer

Just ass

• Nick Bramham

★★★★★ Watched by Nick Bramham 20 Aug, 2016

First time watching since its cinema release and JESUS CHRIST THIS IS SO GOOD. Completely deranged detective story set amidst the aftermath of Katrina. Nicholas Cage has never been better as this corrupt junkie cop who fucks around and gives zero fucks whatsoever beyond his desire for getting high. Yet he doesn't let that get in the way of him cracking every fucking case wide open, breaking the bad guys and basically WINNING in a way no anti hero has…

• fistofan0077

★★★½ Watched by fistofan0077 16 Aug, 2016

Most of these stars are for Nicolas Cage's unhinged and brutal performance. The rest are for Herzog managing to stick his obsession with nature and animals in a movie about a crooked New Orleans cop.

• William Karlsson

★★★½ Watched by William Karlsson 15 Aug, 2016

A good movie with a good performance from Nic Cage. I heard that this movie was dark comedy and I didn't find it all that funny even tho I love dark comedies

• Mia Anima

★★★ Watched by Mia Anima 24 Jul, 2016

I have a basket called 'I'll practically watch anything they do'. In the basket is Nicholas Cage and John Cusack. I settle in for the ride. I don't need as much as I normally need from a film because I'm kind of sorted with the lead......

The Bad Lieutenant 2 was quite a ride. It feels like Nicholas Cage has been set free. I guess he had a script but I feel as though he had minimal direction. As if…

• Kit Charlton

★★★★★ Added by Kit Charlton

And they have the fucking audacity to say Nic Cage is a bad actor. The man is a god amongst men.

• Ian West

★★★★ Rewatched by Ian West 09 Aug, 2016 3

Lucky crack pipe

• Steve Schrader

★★★ Watched by Steve Schrader 26 Jun, 2016

Nicolas Cage stars as Nicolas Cage in Nicolas Cage: The Movie.

Kind of like Leaving Las Vegas, only replace booze with prescription pain killers and hard narcotics. Also he's a police officer with an absurdly large gun. Also, lizards. Also, break dancing souls.

King Kong ain't got nothing on Nicolas Cage.

• Ben White
  • Sal

★★★★★ Watched by Sal 22 Jul, 2016 10

"Maybe you should drop dead, you selfish cunt!"

A quick heads-up, I have never seen the original Bad Lieutenant.
    I was gonna watch it before this one, but couldn't find a copy in the short amount of time.
    Given that director Werner Herzog has publicly admitted that the 2 films share nothing in common other than "It only has a corrupt policeman as the central character and that's about it", I don't think it's a big issue.
    I'm sure that…