• robert_holly

★★★½ Added by robert_holly

This movie is fucking insane.

• DevX

★★★★★ Added by DevX

I didn't like this, or My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done?, on the initial viewings. I this found distressing because I love Werner Herzog. So, I watched them again, and lo and behold they are fantastic movies. I don't think I have watched any movie as much as Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans, since I was like 7.

• Lee Towler

★★★★ Watched by Lee Towler 24 Sep, 2014

"What are these fucking iguanas doing on my coffee table?"

Werner Herzog is a crazy guy who makes movies about even crazier people. Nicolas Cage is likely in the upper quartile of craziest actors to ever exist. The ridiculously long titled The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Oreans brings these two insane individuals together in a match made in heaven.

Starting off as your run of the mill police procedural with a little bit of corruption here and there,…

• Lou Schumaker

★★★★½ Rewatched by Lou Schumaker 21 Sep, 2014

I did it. I watched 365 movies this year.

*dies*

• Hannah McHaffie
  • Pete Laurie

★½ Watched by Pete Laurie 14 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• BruceWayne14

★★★★ Rewatched by BruceWayne14 08 Sep, 2014

A great innovation in the realm of the weird.

• andre_k

★★★★½ Watched by andre_k 08 Sep, 2014

Herzog, you genius.

This time, the acclaimed director drops us off into Louisiana. Depravity, hilarity and many quotable lines occur. If you are looking for a seriously good time with a movie, I can highly reccomend everyone to seek this out.

And what are these fucking iguanas doing on my coffee table?

• yureegasven

★★★★ Watched by yureegasven 26 Aug, 2014

based cage

• MatthewLB

★★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 12 Aug, 2014

"you think fish can dream?"

• Justin Harrison

★★★★ Watched by Justin Harrison 09 Aug, 2014

Nicolas Cage and Werner Herzog celebrate humanity's capacity for perseverance by exploring the nature of a thoroughly awful human being. Cage's Lieutenant Terrence McDonagh is id driven by ego, a man with no inhibitions, a truly massive sense of entitlement and a vague, drug-addled memory of a conscience. Herzog follows the Lieutenant through a Katrina-scarred New Orleans, simultaneously bearing witness to McDonagh's investigation of a vicious multiple homicide and the impeding implosion of his life. While that happens, he makes…

• Kev