• acearmstrong

★★★★★ Rewatched by acearmstrong 16 Aug, 2015

Without Nicolas Cage and Werner Herzog this film would not be as grand. They created a masterpiece from a pretty ordinary, dare I say dull script. Its a thriller, film noir, road trip, and a drug movie all in one. Nicolas Cage develops a weird accent halfway through the movie, but that shit doesn't seem weird or out of place. The whole movie is beautiful and the camera work is technically masterful. I could watch this a hundred times and…

• fatpie42

★★★★½ Watched by fatpie42 23 Oct, 2010

I had been waiting to see this for so long and at the start I wasn't sure whether it was going to meet expectations. It had that feeling like one thing was happening after another. The presence of Val Kilmer was a bit concerning too. However, it turned out that Val Kilmer had a relatively minor part and also, in spite of appearances, this film actually has quite a few comic elements. (Anyone who has seen "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang"…

• lavrego

★★★½ Rewatched by lavrego 15 Aug, 2015

Deformado Cage. Real como a vida mesma. Polo menos é das mellores películas.

• Lindsay Gibb

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lindsay Gibb 07 Aug, 2015

"I love it... I just love it"

• Grooveman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Grooveman 07 Aug, 2015

"You don't have a lucky crack pipe?"

• Eric Robert Wilkinson

Watched by Eric Robert Wilkinson 18 Nov, 2009

Werner Herzog’s The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call – New Orleans is some sort of wonderfully bizarre, ass-backward insane masterpiece. Here is a film that gradually and, if possible, subtly works its way over the top, only to double back and go over the top again. It is a madcap dive off the deep end, a spit in the eye to general narrative convention, formulaic cop dramas, basic common sense and any scintilla of good taste. You don’t like it?…

• Clay

★★★½ Watched by Clay 30 Jul, 2015

I'm mildly impressed with my first Werner Herzog film viewing, but there goes without saying that this needs to be compared to the original Bad Lieutenant. I think I would still give a slight edge to the original, but I will say that Herzog handled his film fairly well. With many similarities to the original, Herzog still manages to make this film his own and creates a worthwhile remake to a classic film.

• fabitof

★½ Watched by fabitof 30 Jul, 2015

Filme sem foco e com um péssimo Nicolas Cage. Definitivamente, não gosto do diretor.

• filmnutreviewer

★★★★ Added by filmnutreviewer

Nic Cage's best performance, so far

• Reds Radar

★★★★ Watched by Reds Radar 23 Jul, 2015

All I can is "Thank God for Nicholas Cage" He's far from consistent, but when he nails it, he really nails it.

• Matt Thomas

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Thomas 17 Jul, 2015

Such a wild and crazy film, whilst at the same time clearly have a disciplined and coherent director pulling it all together behind camera. Cage's performance is, for me, the best of his career. He just lets it all go without (mostly) slipping into histrionic mannerisms. His reaction at the iguanas is priceless.

• Matty Stanfield

★★★★ Rewatched by Matty Stanfield 28 Nov, 2009

Rather than create a sequel, Herzog smartly remaked the infamous 1990's Abel Ferrara film.

This time the setting is not NYC, but post-Katrina New Orleans. Herzog is not as interested in studying the ways years of struggle as a cop renders a man into a part of the problems the cop is intended to stop

Herzog is more interested in exploring the way a growing addiction born of an on-the-job injury compromise his abilities to function as cop/investigator.

Nicolas Cage…