• SilentDawn

★★★★★ Watched by SilentDawn 07 Dec, 2014 2

The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans isn't dreadfully dull or sloppily disjointed like its title suggests; Instead, It's one of the most truly extraordinary films to ever fall into a sense of obscurity or opaqueness. While getting critical acclaim, audiences were divided. I just don't think they knew what hit them.

Simultaneously being Werner Herzog's and Nicolas Cage's finest work, The Bad Lieutenant is a story of self-hatred and disillusion set against a landscape of both physical…

• DevX

★★★★★ Added by DevX

I didn't like this, or My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done?, on the initial viewings. I found this distressing because I love Werner Herzog. So, I watched them again, and lo and behold they are fantastic movies. I don't think I have watched any movie as much as Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans, since I was like 7.

• Jakob

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jakob 20 May, 2014

Hey, did I ever tell you about the nigger elk?

I was watching TV - the game, right? Renaldo Hayes? He got tossed the ball and he was running with it, he was running running running. He jumped over three linebackers in mid-air. He sprouted antlers! Like a gazelle? Like an elk? He landed again - he ran ran ran - He scored a touch-down!

Do fish have dreams?

• Vincent Mollica

★★★★★ Rewatched by Vincent Mollica 13 Mar, 2014

There's a key gag midway through TBL:POC, which more or less lays out how the film works. Herzog establishes a scene by luxuriating over a shot of a dead alligator in the middle of the road, body partly open, covered in small official markers. It's a grotesque and oddly alluring shot (like that of every reptile in the movie). From there, the camera zooms back over the road to show the bigger picture; a car had apparently hit the alligator…

• Bernardino

★★★★★ Watched by Bernardino 27 Feb, 2014

- Shoot him again!
    - What for?
    - His soul is still dancing!

• tiffany rosenqueen

★★★★★ Added by tiffany rosenqueen

too good for our generation. you think thats a joke but this film is one of those films with layers and subtext

• Matt Thomas

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Thomas

Still mesmerising. Truly unique. Cage is astonishing.

• DevX

★★★★★ Added by DevX

It's pretty weird that this happens to be Werner Herzog's best film. The dude consistently sets the bar high but almost never reaches perfection. If he ever deserved it, this is the one that get's the extra half a star.

• Matt Thomas

★★★★★ Added by Matt Thomas

Mesmerising. An outstanding cinematic experience.

• Darth Huber

★★★★★ Added by Darth Huber

Wonderfully bizarre. Nicolas Cage + Werner Herzog = magical.

• JC Shaffer

★★★★★ Added by JC Shaffer

Is it perhaps the most Cage of all?

• aromaofbagels