• Matt Thomas

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Thomas 17 Jul, 2015

Such a wild and crazy film, whilst at the same time clearly have a disciplined and coherent director pulling it all together behind camera. Cage's performance is, for me, the best of his career. He just lets it all go without (mostly) slipping into histrionic mannerisms. His reaction at the iguanas is priceless.

• dizzy4111

★★★★★ Rewatched by dizzy4111 06 Jun, 2015

You have no idea how happy I am that this exists.

• dizzy4111

★★★★★ Rewatched by dizzy4111 18 Apr, 2015

I've been watching Nicolas Cage movies my entire life. This is what it's all come down to.

God bless Werner Herzog and God bless Nic Cage.

• Thorin Mofdaat

★★★★★ Added by Thorin Mofdaat

-actors doing a good job for once in their life
    -twangy folk/blues music
    -zany animals
    -human strife
    Yep, this was a film from Werner Herzog.

• JerryLundegaard

★★★★★ Rewatched by JerryLundegaard 29 Dec, 2014

Never gets old...

• Antonio Quintero

★★★★★ Rewatched by Antonio Quintero 04 Jan, 2015

SAW IT AT NICK-A-THON 2

"' Till the Break of Dawn"

My favorite Nick Cage performance, I laugh and I cried. He is amazing at every moment. I love the lizard vision and the crazy imagery that Herzog puts in this movie.

I burst out laughing in the scenes in which he threatens an old lady's life.

• Chris Popkoff

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Popkoff 04 Jan, 2015 1

Single vision wackiness and an incredible performance by Cage. The scene where Cage takes Eva Mendez to look for a spoon a hid as a child is so amazing. Then for some reason, Cage spends the second half of them movie talking like Tony Clifton.

• SilentDawn

★★★★★ Watched by SilentDawn 07 Dec, 2014 1

The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans isn't dreadfully dull or sloppily disjointed like its title suggests; Instead, It's one of the most truly extraordinary films to ever fall into a sense of obscurity or opaqueness. While getting critical acclaim, audiences were divided. I just don't think they knew what hit them.

Simultaneously being Werner Herzog's and Nicolas Cage's finest work, The Bad Lieutenant is a story of self-hatred and disillusion set against a landscape of both physical…

• DevX

★★★★★ Added by DevX

I didn't like this, or My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done?, on the initial viewings. I found this distressing because I love Werner Herzog. So, I watched them again, and lo and behold they are fantastic movies. I don't think I have watched any movie as much as Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans, since I was like 7.

• Jakob

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jakob 20 May, 2014

Hey, did I ever tell you about the nigger elk?

I was watching TV - the game, right? Renaldo Hayes? He got tossed the ball and he was running with it, he was running running running. He jumped over three linebackers in mid-air. He sprouted antlers! Like a gazelle? Like an elk? He landed again - he ran ran ran - He scored a touch-down!

Do fish have dreams?

• Vincent Mollica

★★★★★ Rewatched by Vincent Mollica 13 Mar, 2014

There's a key gag midway through TBL:POC, which more or less lays out how the film works. Herzog establishes a scene by luxuriating over a shot of a dead alligator in the middle of the road, body partly open, covered in small official markers. It's a grotesque and oddly alluring shot (like that of every reptile in the movie). From there, the camera zooms back over the road to show the bigger picture; a car had apparently hit the alligator…

• Bernardino

★★★★★ Watched by Bernardino 27 Feb, 2014

- Shoot him again!
    - What for?
    - His soul is still dancing!