• Barnaby Walter

★★★★★ Watched by Barnaby Walter 03 Apr, 2016

Strange and unnerving and so, so good.

Viewed: HD. 1080p.

• Pierre-Benoit Gauthier

★★★★★ Added by Pierre-Benoit Gauthier

Herzog found his american Kinski in 2009. Telling him to enjoy "the bliss of evil" (actual quote), he lets the demon inside Nicolas Cage loose and it is a joy to watch.

This movie is hilarious in the way only Herzog can make you laugh. It is batshit crazy and infinitely quotable. I wish the poster wasn't so generic, it's really a strange movie and I think the people less likely to enjoy it will see it because of the…

• JohnTyler

★★★★★ Added by JohnTyler 3

Surreal, devastating, and riveting, Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans is one of the most seedy, fearless, and wildly entertaining crime dramas to come along in quite some time, with exceptional direction from Werner Herzog, a compelling story that serves as a terrific anchor for the main character's arc, quotable dialogue, and Nicolas Cage delivering one of his very best and craziest performances.

• Brooke Willis

★★★★★ Added by Brooke Willis

My favourite theatrical film by Herzog. Nicholas Cage is genuinely amazing in this.

• Jack Gattanella

★★★★★ Added by Jack Gattanella

What a joyful, brilliantly bugf*** movie this is. Nicolas Cage is sincerely crazy, and crazily sincere, sometimes all at once.

• daanblaack

★★★★★ Added by daanblaack

incredible

cage is out of his mind

so is herzog

fun the whole time

• King Kongo

★★★★★ Added by King Kongo

Fuckin' Crazy, fuckin' intense, fuckin' AWESOME!!!

• Peter Beck

★★★★★ Watched by Peter Beck 09 Sep, 2015

Awesome film. Cage is disturbingly older than Eva Mendez, but who cares. It's Cage.

• acearmstrong

★★★★★ Rewatched by acearmstrong 16 Aug, 2015

Without Nicolas Cage and Werner Herzog this film would not be as grand. They created a masterpiece from a pretty ordinary, dare I say dull script. Its a thriller, film noir, road trip, and a drug movie all in one. Nicolas Cage develops a weird accent halfway through the movie, but that shit doesn't seem weird or out of place. The whole movie is beautiful and the camera work is technically masterful. I could watch this a hundred times and…

• Lindsay Gibb

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lindsay Gibb 07 Aug, 2015

"I love it... I just love it"

• Grooveman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Grooveman 07 Aug, 2015

"You don't have a lucky crack pipe?"

• Matt Thomas

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Thomas 17 Jul, 2015

Such a wild and crazy film, whilst at the same time clearly have a disciplined and coherent director pulling it all together behind camera. Cage's performance is, for me, the best of his career. He just lets it all go without (mostly) slipping into histrionic mannerisms. His reaction at the iguanas is priceless.