• eschwa22

★★★★ Added by eschwa22

8/10: ★★★★★★★★☆☆

• Erik Stolpmann

★★★★ Rewatched by Erik Stolpmann 18 Aug, 2015

This film always strikes me as odd but in the most cinematically sound way possible, topped off with clever, deadpan humour.

• Ben Radetski

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ben Radetski 24 Aug, 2015 3

"The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there."

I take a lot of comfort in that. Somewhere in the world there's a Dude. He probably doesn't even realize there's a whole lot of people who respect him. There's a whole lot of people who base their lives off of his philosophies. Somewhere he exists, and I will probably never meet him. But I still take comfort, just know…

• Zack Wallace

★★★★★ Rewatched by Zack Wallace 24 Aug, 2015

What the FUCK does anything have to do with Vietnam?!!

• Matt

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matt 24 Aug, 2015

A perfect fucking comedy. This movie gets better every single time I watch it, it will always be hilarious. The wacky characters, quotable dialogue, awesome dream sequences, and a great soundtrack.

But above all, it has The Dude. One of the coolest and laid-back characters in a film ever.Nobody could have played The Dude like Jeff Bridges, nobody.

• Patrick Mullen

★★★ Watched by Patrick Mullen 24 Aug, 2015

This movie is very funny at times, but it's also a movie that doesn't really reward you for thinking about it. The plot is a mess and that's sort of the point, but that's not really my type of comedy, for the most part.

Jeff Bridges is good as the Dude, and John Goodman is outstanding as Walter. All the performances are quite good, actually.

• Chris Amis

★★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Amis 24 Aug, 2015

This movie is incredible. I've been in a comedy mood and nothing I've seen has been doing it for me. Needed a bit of a palette cleanser, so I rewatched the funniest movie ever (this, haha). I don't think there's a scene in the entire movie that doesn't make me laugh.

• Marm7385

★★★★ Watched by Marm7385 24 Aug, 2015

"There are a lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of what-have-yous" . . .
    This was unreal. Although I'm a little bit confused about some things (principally, how did the nihilists know about the $1,000,000? How were the nihilists connected to the "Chinaman" and that other guy/to Treehorn? etc.) it was a fun ride. Very Raising Arizona (appropriate) meets Pulp Fiction.

• mateito

★★★★★ Rewatched by mateito 24 Aug, 2015

obra maestra

• William Mahaffey

★★★★★ Rewatched by William Mahaffey 23 Aug, 2015

It's a flawless comedy. It's one of the few films from I loved in high school that I can still watch and find new things about it and still laugh even though I have probably watched it 30 times.

• Isaac Rosso Klakovich

★★★½ Watched by Isaac Rosso Klakovich 13 Aug, 2015

With is convoluted plot and bevy of undeveloped characters “The Big Lebowski” is a mess, that being said it is a mess with two brilliant comedic performances. Both Jeff Bridges and John Goodman are fantastic and create characters you can root for while still laugh at. Though these performances couldn’t succeed alone, and their success is dependent on the other delivering a performance of an equal caliber.

By himself Jeff Bridges’ character is a nothing but a lazy stoner that…

• Jack Keating

★★★★½ Added by Jack Keating

Ok. Yep. Um, yes. This is probably the most deserving film that has a cult following that has ever existed. I mean for fuck's sake, what film that involves bowling, a toe (with polish), a rug, and a gang of German nihilists and should NOT be a cult film?