• Declan

★★★★ Rewatched by Declan 26 Mar, 2015

I think it's a very funny and surreal spin on the LA private eye genre, but, well, you know, that's just, like, my opinion, man.

• Miles Bailey

★★★ Watched by Miles Bailey 10 Jan, 2015

Suffering from the overbearing weight of its own legacy, The Big Lebowski doesn't quite meet expectations on a first watch - 17 years after its release. I hear it betters with age, so I can only assume it will take another watch to develop more of a fondness.

The characters and casting were, however, spot on, and kept me wanting to know more of their origin stories.

• Anthony

★★★★ Watched by Anthony 26 Mar, 2015

What the actual heck was that? I really cannot wait to analyze this in class. There will be an update sometime.

• mikecuenca

★★★★½ Rewatched by mikecuenca 25 Mar, 2015

Fourth viewing.

• Arne G.

★★★★★ Rewatched by Arne G. 15 Mar, 2015

[...] Vordergründig lässt sich der Film zunächst als ulkige, verpeilte, reine Komödie rezipieren. Der Dude flucht und plappert, die Gangster pissen auf den Teppich und Walter dreht am Rad – das macht Spaß und zwar überdurchschnittlich viel. Doch da ist weit mehr als nur Humor versteckt. Gekonnt und pointiert sinnieren die Coen-Brüder eine Filmlänge lang über Beschaffenheit und Absurdität des menschlichen Daseins, flechten ebanso knackige Satire, wie auch einen verständnissvollen Blick auf das alltägliche Treiben ein. Ohne vollends abzuheben, liefern…

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★★★ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

Maybe the best Coen Brothers film, and that's saying a lot. Has a tone unique to itself.

• Jamie Rogers

★★★★ Added by Jamie Rogers

Lots of fun, Bridges and Goodman are hilarious.

• Devin Sheridan

★★★★ Rewatched by Devin Sheridan 22 Mar, 2015

While i don't care for the cultist fanatics of this film, that doesn't mean that it isn't totally great.

• JULIO MENDEZ LOPEZ

★★★★ Rewatched by JULIO MENDEZ LOPEZ 22 Mar, 2015

Pelicula de los Coen con personajes inolvidables como El Nota y Jesus Quitana y su minuto de gloria, una comedia delirante lleno de situaciones absurdas y dialogos para partise el ojete

• Luigi Allender

★★★★★ Rewatched by Luigi Allender 21 Mar, 2015

"Donny you're out of your element!"

It would be hard to imagine nowadays that Jeff Bridges was the iconic stoner of the late 90's. This is a Coen's brother movie, so of course there's plenty of randomness abound. Most of the time it'd probably be better to be high while you watch it, but it's still an amazing film. I love how carefree The Dude is. I love how he listens to bowling tapes on a walkman. All events of…

• Ben Miranda

★★★★★ Watched by Ben Miranda 22 Mar, 2015

So...I finally saw this.

And I got a kick out it.

The Coen Brothers craft an absurdest comedy masterpiece, taking the tried and true film noir and turning it on it's head in a way only they can. Every trope that possibly existed in the genre, from the unnecessarily complex schemes to embezzle funds to the femme fatale to the detective trying to figure everything out to the seemingly endless twists and turns throughout the story is all parodied in…

• Ali