• Curtis Williams

★★★★★ Rewatched by Curtis Williams 21 Sep, 2014

My 50th + viewing and still perfect.

• Rob Caravaggio

★★★★★ Rewatched by Rob Caravaggio 21 Sep, 2014

A quasi-Marxist, pseudo-Zen critique of the 1% -- in the parlance of our times -- that never stops making me laugh.

Everything Walter Sobchak says is gold. ("Say what you want about National Socialism, Dude. At least it's an ethos.")

The Coens trope of the Big Powerful Man behind a desk -- the upstanding citizen/job creator who contributes to society but is really a scumbag -- is alive and well here. Big Lebowski is Jerry Lundegaard and Wade Gustafson and Stephen Root in NCFOM. There's even shades of this character type in Llewyn Davis and Raising Arizona and elsewhere.

• Powernudel

★★½ Added by Powernudel 2

Ich habe diesen Film, samt Humor, nicht verstanden. Für dume Menschen, wie mich, einfach nur fad!

• Alex Krajci

★★★ Rewatched by Alex Krajci 21 Sep, 2014

1998's The Big Lebowski Is One Of My Favorite Films, I Like It Because It Just Came Out 16 Years Ago Back In March Of 1998.

• Aaron T. Rex

★★★★★ Rewatched by Aaron T. Rex 20 Sep, 2014 23

Big Lebowski drink-along with white russians in the theatre? Life's pretty good.

• Hunter

Rewatched by Hunter 17 Sep, 2014

Some nights I just sit back and try to imagine a world where I would have only seen Fargo and maybe Raising Arizona. This hypothetical year is 1998, and last weekend I saw David Schwimmer's terrible vehicle Kissing A Fool. Expecting, well, not really knowing what to expect, I see this comic masterpiece and my faith in cinema is reborn.

Seriously though, what a ballsy followup to such an acclaimed film. The Big Lebowski's enduring charm and endless quotability couldn't…

• Liam Hathaway

★★★½ Added by Liam Hathaway

I've never been fully convinced that The Big Lebowski is one of the Coens' very best works, but it has enough eccentric characters, dry humour and bizarre scenarios to probably have it qualify as the their most 'quintessential' film. It just isn't all tied together so well... unlike "the Dude's" rug and its influence on his apartment - the film is a little all over the place. However, I honestly could watch an entire film dedicated to Walter Sobchak constantly belittling Donny and it probably wouldn't get boring.

• femesmo

★★★★★ Watched by femesmo 16 Sep, 2014

Completly crazy and very funny! I loved

• Adam Cadre

★★★★ Rewatched by Adam Cadre 24 Sep, 2009

• Jared Shaw

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jared Shaw 15 Sep, 2014

This is a one of a kind film. It's a movie that has so much going on, yet nothing really happens. I mean this by the fact that this film sets up so many different plot elements but yet it doesn't solve any of them. It's truly unique. It took me about four viewings of this film to finally realize how hilarious, unique, original and how nearly perfect it is. It's a movie that has to be seen because it…

• IfWeMadeIt