• Jaime Rebanal

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jaime Rebanal 17 Dec, 2014

"Shut the fuck up, Donny."

Today felt like the perfect day to revisit this cult classic, as it has already been selected for permanent preservation within the United States National Film Registry.

I will admit to one thing, when I first saw "The Big Lebowski" I did not particularly like what I had seen. But I was tempted to catch up with it once in a while and each time I watched it again, I found myself enjoying it more and more. Eventually, I watched it so many times to a point that it simply ended up becoming one of my own all-time favourites.

• ShadetreeDad

★★★★★ Rewatched by ShadetreeDad 04 Jun, 2000

If you haven't seen this movie, find a copy asap. Next watch, laugh a lot. Now watch again. This time you'll really laugh. Repeat on a regular basis for the rest of your life. Each time it will be funnier. One of the best constructed "dark comedies" of all time. It has everything, AND Bowling!!!! One thing to remember: Don't F@%k with the "Jesus" :)

• Dilip

★★★★ Added by Dilip

The Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have watched this movie like 3 fucking times....and it still make me fall flat on the tummy laughing. The Dude is by far the best protagonist I've seen.

• Grooveman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Grooveman 14 Dec, 2014

"Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man."

• Jason Sorrenti

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jason Sorrenti 13 Dec, 2014

Every time I watch this movie I enjoy more than the previous viewing.

It really is just perfect.

• Alex Krajci

★★★ Rewatched by Alex Krajci 13 Dec, 2014

1998's The Big Lebowski Is One Of My Favorite Films, I Like It Because It Just Came Out 16 Years Ago Back In 1998.

• RJKarol

★★★★★ Rewatched by RJKarol 28 Nov, 2014

Each time I watch it, a new facet of this film emerges. The hippies and losers are right and those who identify themselves on the winning side of history are wrong. More true now than in 1998 and with each year, ever more true.

• Janik

★★★★★ Rewatched by Janik 12 Dec, 2014

"Sometimes you eat the bar, sometimes the bar, well, he eats you."

• Joe Pelletier

★★★★ Rewatched by Joe Pelletier 10 Dec, 2014

If Seinfeld is the "show about nothing", then The Big Lebowski is the film about nothing. It is a movie that outwardly appears to be "hopelessly complex", yet in all respects is very simplistic. It raises many questions and answers none of them. It meanders from subplot to subplot and seems to forget each of them as quickly as they are introduced. The film simply "abides."

I know that what I'm saying isn't anything new or profound; there is almost…

• ChasingTheDawn

★★★ Added by ChasingTheDawn

Weird movie but funny and goes for it's own style.

• feedingbrett

★★★½ Rewatched by feedingbrett 10 Dec, 2014

Review In A Nutshell:

My previous viewing of The Big Lebowski left my feelings on the middle of the fence, unsure of whether or not my experience was an enjoyable one. The second time around did help me understand the elements that I did and did not like about this film, but it did not put me in a state of gratification that many seem to find from this film. The Big Lebowski is definitely a fun film, and arguably…

• Liam

★★★★★ Added by Liam

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.