• desonator

★★½ Added by desonator

Heard many people say it was a great film. It wasn't.

• Joel Grant

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joel Grant 01 May, 2016

poststructuralist af

• Mike Torchic

★★★★★ Watched by Mike Torchic 01 May, 2016 4

The Coen brothers are one of the best directing duos in recent memory. One of their original classics, The Big Lebowski, proves that.

The big lebowski follows "The Dude", a down on his luck pothead who just so happens to share a name with a billionaire. He is enlisted by said billionaire to track down his missing wife. The plot is hard to give away without spoiling it, but in short it's genius. The Coen brothers write a phenomenal with…

• Janet

★★★★ Rewatched by Janet 01 May, 2016

Watched this again in the cinema. I had forgotten how funny it was.

The trio of Jeff Bridges, John Goodman and Steve Buscemi creates one of the best comic trios since the Marx Brothers. Plus John Turturo as the rival bowler is priceless.

Absolutely loved the film all over again. Literally crying with laughter all the way through.

The Dude abides.

• Lorenzo Benitez

★★★★½ Watched by Lorenzo Benitez 29 Apr, 2016

Very glad to have finally seen it. The Gulf War metaphor would probably give the film immediate re-watch value, but the hilarious characters and situations are already enough to make me want to see it again.

• filmusicinemike

★★★★★ Added by filmusicinemike 3

The best film ever made. Period.

• Chris Ortman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Ortman 30 Apr, 2016

"The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners. Shoosh. I sure hope he makes the finals."

• Francesco LoChirco

★★★★★ Watched by Francesco LoChirco 29 Apr, 2016

The Big Lebowski is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. It's not necessarily filled with "LOL" moments, but it's funny in the sense that everything happening is just so absurd and insane (to give you an idea, the main plot is a guy seeking revenge for HIS RUG). That being said, the plot still makes perfect, coherent sense and this movie would be enjoyable even if it wasn't so funny.

The acting/ characters are also superb. Be it…

• Enrique Prieto

★★★★ Watched by Enrique Prieto 28 Apr, 2016

El Gran Lebowski, como es conocido en español, es una obra extraña que solo ha aumentado en popularidad desde su estreno a la par que otros cuestionan su reputación de clásico. Es quizás la película mas reconicida para sus directores, los hermanos Coen. Luego de verla por primera vez, pensé, "sí, es buena. Tiene momentos divertidos y personajes entretenidos así como un misterio que, aunque sin ser prioridad dentro del filme mísmo, agarra mi curiosidad." Como ya mencioné, muchos no…

• Chris Allred

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Allred 28 Apr, 2016

Watched in preparation for The Nice Guys. Part 1 of 10.

"And, you know, has it ever occurred to you, that, instead of, uh, you know, running around, uh, uh, blaming me, you know, given the nature of all this new shit, you know, I-I-I-I... this could be a-a-a-a lot more, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, complex, I mean, it's not just, it might not be just such a simple... uh, you know?"

One of the most ingeniously written…

• parkthesedaze

★★★★½ Watched by parkthesedaze 28 Apr, 2016

A perfectly comical take on classic noir, it's absolutely hysterical and some of Goodman's and Bridge's best work.

• Muzzy

★★★★★ Watched by Muzzy 28 Apr, 2016

One of the funniest films. Not always a gut buster, but it's delight with the absurd keeps it alive through the whole film. The situation itself becomes the punch line. Great acting by Bridges and Goodman. Sometimes is hard to follow due to extreme velocity, but it all pieces together in the end.

One of the best.