• Margarida Keating

★★★★½ Watched by Margarida Keating 23 Aug, 2014

I couldn't stop thinking how much fun Joel Coen must had had directing this movie. And sure enough it reflects on the viewer.
    Walter is probably one the greatest characters ever and with a spot on performance.

• Nathan Rabin

★★★★½ Rewatched by Nathan Rabin 22 Aug, 2014

It abides.

• John Money

★★★★ Rewatched by John Money 22 Jul, 2014

"Phone's ringing, Dude."

• peterw5

★★★★½ Added by peterw5

This is one of those weird movies that actually gets better the more times you watch it. I remember the first time I saw it I didn't like it very much. Now, after seeing it about four times, I really like it a lot.

• Matt Florkiewicz

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Florkiewicz 18 Aug, 2014

This movie is like a family heirloom to me; as far back as I can remember, my dad and his best friend have called me "Lebowski" and I only found out why a few years ago when I watched this movie. I loved it on that viewing, and I love it even more now that I've given it a few more watches, including this one. The Big Lebowski is a film about a Los Angeles slacker who gets embroiled in…

• Tim Ehrens

★★★★★ Rewatched by Tim Ehrens 18 Aug, 2014

"I don't like your jerk-off name, I don't like your jerk-off face. I don't like your jerk-off behavior and I don't like you. Jerk-off."

So this is my favorite movie of all time. I'm not going to gush on and on about it because what I have to say about this movie could fill a couple of volumes. It is hilarious. It is well-written. It is immaculately directed. It brims with originality. It's endlessly quotable. It's brilliant.

It's perfect.

But…

• Juan Buitrago

★★★★★ Rewatched by Juan Buitrago 06 Aug, 2014

Watched it on the big screen this time and I've come to the conclusion that this is a perfect movie. No amount of film was wasted in any filler or expository scenes. It's not only funny but tragic. It's a low key epic about a man, I won't say a hero, 'cause what's a hero?

He's the secret everyman - maybe the one we're really like or the one we wish we could be.

• TheMoon

★★★★★ Watched by TheMoon 17 Aug, 2014

Dude.

• HarpoGarza

★★★★★ Rewatched by HarpoGarza 06 Aug, 2014

I saw this film for the first time at the drive in 1998, and I couldn't believe what I just saw. The only way I could describe it to my friends was that it was simply an art film baked inside a comedy. The movie came and went in the theaters with little recognition. And now here we are, over 15 years later, and this movie is almost universally beloved. I got the chance to see it in the theater…

• phoenicianlover

★★★ Watched by phoenicianlover 16 Aug, 2014

Really enjoyed the "Gutterballs" sequence and stoner humour, not something exceptional, but very entertaining and light. Would watch again.

• Yves Perret

★★★★½ Rewatched by Yves Perret 16 Aug, 2014

• nigemo

★★★★★ Rewatched by nigemo 09 Aug, 2014

Showed Dad.
    Why wouldn't you. So very funny & loveable.