• gabbyrose

★★★½ Watched by gabbyrose 03 May, 2015

Yes... my first time seeing this film. I have heard a lot about it, and mostly good things. It's definitely funny and clever but I feel like I hyped it so much so that maybe I'm disappointed? I don't know or I guess I can't really tell. But according too many this film is a classic and I can see that. It has quotable lines, unique characters, and a crazy ass story. I really enjoyed it but I think this is one of those films where if you saw it when it came out it would mean a lot more to you.

• Val Taylor

★★★★ Watched by Val Taylor 06 May, 2015

A phenomenon, that's for sure.

• Ben Bates

★★★★★ Watched by Ben Bates 25 May, 2015

I never actually sat through the entirety of this film until today. I was originally caught up on the plot, and did not quite understand the praise.

But The Big Lebowski is less about the plot, and more about the characters and ideals. It's by viewing the film in that context that everything clicked. Sure, there's an interesting noir-esque plot that runs throughout, but that isn't the strength of the film. It's the dialogue, the antics, the characters. The Big Lebowski excels in this, and I'm glad I gave it another chance.

• Antonio Mendez

★★★★½ Rewatched by Antonio Mendez 22 May, 2015

Watched this film absolutely shitfaced with a couple friends last night. Interestingly, the film seems to make more sense when drunk rather than when sober; further experimentation required.

• lara

★★★★★ Rewatched by lara 24 May, 2015

the coen bros. make films that are entirely complete entities. their work exists in this slightly askew universe that is entirely whole and immensely enjoyable to be in, and lebowski is a perfect example of this. but that's just like, my opinion, man.

• Aditya Gm

★★★★★ Added by Aditya Gm

This vastly underrated comedy is probably coen's best or at least one their best. It has great direction, acting, humour, script and great comeback lines worth using again. What makes this film memorable is the unusual humour, you can't say the film is funny or good, you just watch it and like it. Classic stuff.

• Austin

★★★★ Added by Austin

Fantastic film due to its memorable and interesting characters. What made this movie so great for me was the fact that each character actually had character, no character really felt stock. 'The Dude' was a very unique take on the type of character he was supposed to be. I can defiantly see why The Dude is one of the most iconic characters in film, because you believe who he is and emphasize with him because he is a fish out…

• Nick

★★★★ Watched by Nick 22 May, 2015

An intelligently-written comedy with a decent story and memorable characters. I didn't think it was amazing by any means but definitely better than I expected. John Goodman's "friendship" with Steve Buscemi had me cracking up pretty consistently.

• Sam

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sam 21 May, 2015

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."

• Sean Doolittle

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sean Doolittle 18 May, 2015

'nuff said.

• Jason Darby

★★★½ Rewatched by Jason Darby 19 May, 2015

As a film, The Big Lebowski really shouldn't work. It's seemingly a bunch of random ideas just thrown together in the vain hope that something, anything, would stick. It lacks the definition that many other Coen brothers narratives had, flimsily held together by a narrative about mistaken identity and a missing throw rug (which, as it seems, really did tie everything together).

Yet somehow, the whole thing seems to work. Much like Richard Linklater's Slacker or Dazed and Confused, there's…

• FlickFanatics

★★★★ Added by FlickFanatics

I love how strange this film is, and how great it's sense of humor is. The cast does a wonderful job and the Coen Brothers are always hitting their mark.