• Chris Armstrong

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Armstrong 24 Jul, 2014

It was not my intention to have a double bill of films that start with "The Big...", just worked out that way.

• Antonin Monarque

★★★½ Watched by Antonin Monarque 23 Jul, 2014

Hilarious performances, loved The Dude!
    Have to watch it again soon, I was too tired and didn't fully understand the 40 last minutes of it at all… Too much things going on for my tired brain.

• Funnyguy

★★★★½ Rewatched by Funnyguy 23 Jul, 2014

Seeing this for the 4. time today... Was originally planning to only see the brilliant start, but when your first catched in it, it's no way out.

This is brilliant written, with characters that's extremely unique, and genuine, in a realistic way. It avoids basically every possible stereotype. The dialogue is sharp, and funny.

The plot is very complex, full of symbolism, with a genius narrativ. Visually it's extremely good with some cinematographic master scenes, it also got a pretty…

• sven.

★★★★ Watched by sven. 22 Jul, 2014

musikalisch.

grotesk.

anders.

kult.

of walter and white russians.

• Evan Daniels

★★★★★ Rewatched by Evan Daniels 22 Jul, 2014

Tonight I got to see this on a big screen at a theater. Seeing it with a huge crowd of enthusiastic fans made it so much more fun than I could have imagined. This film is essentially heaven on screen. It always leaves me with such a strong sense of euphoria. Just perfect.

• Mason Klanjian

★★★★★ Added by Mason Klanjian

Profoundly amusing plot. Tons of laughs. Interesting narration. I love each and every character in this and the way they develop throughout the entirety of the film. One of the gnarliest movies I've ever seen. Always a favorite.

• Henna Patel

★★★★ Watched by Henna Patel 22 Jul, 2014

Some great performances combined with subtle comedy and hallucinatory magical realism. (Viewed at an outdoor film screening event at Vauxhall Park, London.)

• FinbarLanniusII

★★★★★ Added by FinbarLanniusII

Oh man, how stereotypical of a college student. What, you're tired of hearing about people talking about how much of masterpiece it is? Well, even if you don't want that, it will also give you full-on comedic entertainment. My favorite film of all time (I know typical), and I think it will stay like that way for all long time.

• rewatchvalue

★★★ Watched by rewatchvalue 21 Jul, 2014

It takes awhile to get comfortable with the movie's universe and the characters but when the story starts to pick up, about forty minutes in, you're in for unique experience.

• ChadS101

★★★★ Watched by ChadS101 21 Jul, 2014

I thought I seen this movie, but after twenty minutes I did not remember one scene. So I am counting this as a first watch.

Loved this movie. I thought John Goodman was the real star of the movie, but Jeff Bridges was also great. I loved the fact that the comedy was subtle and not silly or slap stick. Granted Tony Rodriguez as Jesus was silly, but I thought it fit well in the movie. I was also blown…

• Ingmar

★★★ Rewatched by Ingmar 21 Jul, 2014

Most of the comedic sections come from the combination of Coen's visual ideas brought about by Deakins' camera. There's a decent amount of laughs along the way, but it's often too idiotic for its own good.

• Stijn De Meyere

★★★★ Watched by Stijn De Meyere 20 Jul, 2014

Ik moet die ooit al gezien hebben want sommige scenes herkende ik meteen. Zowel John Goodman als Jeff Bridges zijn subliem.