• Alex Krajci

★★★ Rewatched by Alex Krajci 18 Apr, 2014

1998's The Big Lebowski Is One Of My Favorite Films.

• Ronnie

★★★★★ Added by Ronnie

this still is my favorite movie!!! :)

• Joseph Shea

★★★★★ Added by Nick

Phone's ringing, Dude

• Luc Marie

★★★★★ Added by Luc Marie

This film is perfect. Flawless ask me to name the flaws in every other film and I'll point them out but this film is different, Even when I go in looking for flaws I can't find them and with every viewing it gets better.

• Sean Kelly

★★★★½ Rewatched by Sean Kelly 15 Apr, 2014

The punchline is that there is no punchline. Get it, dude?

• Laura Valentina

★★★★½ Watched by Laura Valentina 14 Apr, 2014

The Big Lebowski is an unique comedy film, with a collection of hilarious and colorful characters, written by the genius minds of the Coen brothers.
    It's a trip into the mind of one of the most mundane, yet most great, characters out there, that goes by the name of "The Dude", a guy that lives his life not giving a fuck. The film glorifies this behavior of his in the greatest ways possible. And to be honest, who doesn't love…

• penguinatorxl7

★★★★★ Added by penguinatorxl7

I've never laughed harder or enjoyed a film to this magnitude. It is truly unique and something that just about everyone should watch.

• AlecinRealLife

★★★★★ Rewatched by AlecinRealLife 13 Apr, 2014

This is definitely my favorite Coens film. I love how they eschew the typical "masculine hero" through the dude (especially with the fear of losing his Johnson). The Coens do metaphor better than almost anyone, especially with the neoconservative narrative of Walter (especially well done through the Vietnam/Iraq parallel and his concern with the nihilists). I'm still not sure where some pieces fit in, like Donnie and Maude, but this is a movie that I could watch over and over and over and still get new things from.

• philworfel

★★★★★ Rewatched by philworfel 13 Apr, 2014

One of the few comedies that I can watch by myself and still laugh hysterically. Every nuance is perfect and hilarious.

• Jeff Broitman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jeff Broitman 11 Apr, 2014

You cannot approach The Big Lebowski like a conventional film, because it is far from conventional. It's a joy-inducing, hilarious yarn that doesn't take itself, or the universe, seriously, and, not unlike the character iconically played to perfection by a never-better Jeff Bridges, it abides.
    The framework of the ridiculous plot is in the same league as a Philip Marlowe private eye story, complete with a missing wife, a kidnapping with ransom, dirty secrets of a wealthy and powerful family,…

• Chevalier

★★★★★ Added by Chevalier

The reason why the dude is such a great character is simple: he enjoys life in it's most mundane aspects: the rug, the white russians, bowling. He's a man of simple joys, and he is also our voice of reason in a universe populated by characters who live in their own little crazy bubbles. Mark it five stars dude.