• Joshua Bertram

★★★★½ Added by Joshua Bertram

The Big Lebowski may be the hardest Coen Brothers film to be introduced to, but the easiest to revisit. At first glance it is ridiculous and uneven, with bizarre characters who inhabit a more bizarre world. The hero is a slacker whose friends are foul-mouthed losers and his primary motivation is ostensibly to get a carpet. On the heels of the Oscar-winning Fargo and following an acclaimed back-catalogue of films like Blood Simple and Barton Fink, The Big Lebowski seemed…

• Marianna Mr

★★★★★ Rewatched by Marianna Mr 24 Nov, 2014 1

Cada vez que la veo se pone mejor.
    Los hermanos Coen son mis pastores por siempre.

• Jake Mulligan

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jake Mulligan 22 Nov, 2014

Another one of the Coens' Sturgesian efforts, in that it grafts screwball dialogue (in this case, the pot-addled variety) onto a tight narrative through line. (Looking at The Beautiful Blonde from Bashful Bend, The Great McGinty, Sullivan's Travels and a few others, one might even say that, like the Coens after him, Sturges was often aiming to modify pre-existing genres - the western, the political melodrama, the social-consciousness movie - by melding them with the screwball comedy.) It's a work…

• andre luiz

★★★★ Watched by andre luiz 24 Nov, 2014

o melhor filme sobre tapetes de que se tem notícias.

• wbmalone

★★★★★ Added by wbmalone

Duuuude

• David Howland

★★★★ Rewatched by David Howland 18 Nov, 2014

Student's favourite, The Big Lebowski remains immensely quotable after umteen rewatches. Coming 14 years after their debut, Blood Simple, this is the Coen's in full swing. The noir plot is essentially a MacGuffin for the Coen's gift for creating characters and dialogue. Never has 3 characters bowling been more enjoyable, the film is never better than when Bridges, Goodman and Buscemi share the screen. Writers, directors and producers, the Coen's wrap things up when the film starts to wane. Full appreciation requires multiple watches, though this won't seem a positive to one-timers.

• StringentBones

★★★★ Added by StringentBones

dope

• jonaybeltran

★★★★½ Rewatched by jonaybeltran 22 Nov, 2014 2

No recordaba que fuese TAN buena. Qué hartada a reír. Voy a convertirme al nihilismo.

SHUT THE FUCK UP, DONNY.

• Mr. Dale Hutchinson: Movie Opinionist Extraordinaire

★★★ Added by Mr. Dale Hutchinson: Movie Opinionist Extraordinaire

Finally Cracked and watched it, I do have to say it was interesting, good interesting. Interesting Interesting. probably it was john Goodman's Converted Jewish- Polish Catholic Raised 'nam Veteran portrayal that stole the spotlight

• thenextreel

★★★★ Watched by thenextreel 20 Nov, 2014

“This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of what-have-yous, and, uh, a lot of strands to keep in my head, man, you know. A lot of strands in ol’ Duder’s head."

It seems appropriate to the character of the Dude that “The Big Lebowski” took its time finding its audience. Coming fresh on the heels of their first Oscar-winning hit, “Fargo,” the Coen Brothers’ 7th film had a…

• Christina

★★★½ Watched by Christina 24 Jan, 2014

I feel I should like this movie more than I did, It is funny, layered, unique and kind of a mess. Some Coen brothers' movies are my all time favorites and others do nothing for me....this is in the puzzling middle where I just don't know.

Better watch it again.

• Ethan Wasdovitch

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ethan Wasdovitch 15 Nov, 2014

i like your style, dude.