• Secretkey

★★★½ Added by Secretkey

Einer dieser Kult-Filme, den ich schon lange nachholen wollte und Tatsache: es ist ein toller Layback-Film mit schrägen Charakteren, seinem speziellen Dialogstil und das alles eingebettet in eine mehr oder weniger ausdefinierte Crime-Story, die aber glücklicherweise absolut nicht im Vordergrund steht. Humoristisch hat es meine Linie jetzt zwar nicht jederzeit getroffen und ich brauchte auch etwas Zeit, um mich an den doch besonderen Ton des Films zu gewöhnen, aber ich könnte mir vorstellen, dass dieser Film zu der Sorte gehört,…

• Matt DeGroot

★★★½ Watched by Matt DeGroot 26 Jul, 2014

For whatever reason I had never actually gotten around to watching 'The Big Lebowski'....until today.
    And maybe it was because of years of friends fervently quoting it and oodles of fan love in the online community but I overall came away underwhelmed.
    Sure, I laughed out loud quite hard on a number of occasions and found a lot to visually admire in the typical Coen Brothers style, but I don't think it ranks up there with many of the films they've done before and after this.
    I do find myself craving a white russian though....

• chelsea

★★★★ Added by chelsea

idk why donni had to die but the rest is good

• Chris Armstrong

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Armstrong 24 Jul, 2014

It was not my intention to have a double bill of films that start with "The Big...", just worked out that way.

• Antonin Monarque

★★★½ Watched by Antonin Monarque 23 Jul, 2014

Hilarious performances, loved The Dude!
    Have to watch it again soon, I was too tired and didn't fully understand the 40 last minutes of it at all… Too much things going on for my tired brain.

• Funnyguy

★★★★½ Rewatched by Funnyguy 23 Jul, 2014

Seeing this for the 4. time today... Was originally planning to only see the brilliant start, but when your first catched in it, it's no way out.

This is brilliant written, with characters that's extremely unique, and genuine, in a realistic way. It avoids basically every possible stereotype. The dialogue is sharp, and funny.

The plot is very complex, full of symbolism, with a genius narrativ. Visually it's extremely good with some cinematographic master scenes, it also got a pretty…

• sven.

★★★★ Watched by sven. 22 Jul, 2014

musikalisch.

grotesk.

anders.

kult.

of walter and white russians.

• Evan Daniels

★★★★★ Rewatched by Evan Daniels 22 Jul, 2014

Tonight I got to see this on a big screen at a theater. Seeing it with a huge crowd of enthusiastic fans made it so much more fun than I could have imagined. This film is essentially heaven on screen. It always leaves me with such a strong sense of euphoria. Just perfect.

• Mason Klanjian

★★★★★ Added by Mason Klanjian

Profoundly amusing plot. Tons of laughs. Interesting narration. I love each and every character in this and the way they develop throughout the entirety of the film. One of the gnarliest movies I've ever seen. Always a favorite.

• Henna Patel

★★★★ Watched by Henna Patel 22 Jul, 2014

Some great performances combined with subtle comedy and hallucinatory magical realism. (Viewed at an outdoor film screening event at Vauxhall Park, London.)

• FinbarLanniusII

★★★★★ Added by FinbarLanniusII

Oh man, how stereotypical of a college student. What, you're tired of hearing about people talking about how much of masterpiece it is? Well, even if you don't want that, it will also give you full-on comedic entertainment. My favorite film of all time (I know typical), and I think it will stay like that way for all long time.

• rewatchvalue

★★★ Watched by rewatchvalue 21 Jul, 2014

It takes awhile to get comfortable with the movie's universe and the characters but when the story starts to pick up, about forty minutes in, you're in for unique experience.