• Imani Chacha

★★★ Watched by Imani Chacha 25 Mar, 2015

The Birds is certainly and ambitious and admirable film, but unfortunately it doesn’t really age well. Many of the scenes depicting the birds gathering are shot beautifully and are incredibly effective. However the moment they attack it is just ridiculous and it takes me out of the film. My other big issue is that it was hard for me to sympathize with the characters. I never disliked any of them; I simply had a difficult time caring for them. It’s not a bad film; I just find it hard to connect with it.

• Dimitri Candido Vitale

★★★ Watched by Dimitri Candido Vitale 24 Mar, 2015

Il meno convincente dei film di Hitchcock che ho avuto modo di guardare. Il fatto che quasi abbandoni il thriller o lo spionistico in favore dell'horror, che mi va meno a genio, incide ma non più di tanto. I problemi sono quelli sottolineati già ai tempi e comunque riscontrati da più persone: mancanza di ritmo, questioni lasciate in sospeso o inserite solo per sviare lo spettatore e un finale che non può che destare perplessità. Sicuramente qualcuno sarà riuscito a cavarci un pippone filosofico e chissà quale profondità di temi, ma io di leggermeli a posteriori non me ne faccio niente.

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

Has not aged well, but quite entertaining.

• Matthew Vallée

★★★★ Watched by Matthew Vallée 15 Mar, 2015

I think that this is my favorite movie out of the Alfred Hitchcock films I have seen so far. It was so entertaining and was very effective at being a creepy minimalist horror movie. Tippi Hedren was fantastic in this, despite it being basically her first real acting role. There was a lot of build up to the story, like most Hitchcock films tend to have, but even before the action started the story was interesting. There seemed to be…

• Chris Vallée

★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Vallée 15 Mar, 2015

A crazy woman goes to extreme lengths to gift a pair of love birds to a stranger, only to become caught in the midst of a bird-poloclypse that may or may not have been the result of her platinum blonde sorcery. Only Hitchcock could make a story like that so compelling and suspenseful.

• Twilight Sparkle

★★★ Added by Twilight Sparkle

j

• cgk3

★★★½ Watched by cgk3 06 Mar, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

This started out nice. I had my doubts though since I knew this was not going to be an easy one to watch and tried to look for clues to see why things happen when really there were none.

Something that my boyfriend told me that I hadn't realized until that point was the absence of music. The entire film has no music... I guess Hitchcock had this greater cause of us watching it for what it really is, something…

• Neil O'Brien

★★★★ Added by Neil O'Brien

It wasn't until I saw this movie just recently that I appreciated just how GREAT Hitchcock was a director and story teller. And I love Psycho, and even saw North By NorthWest just days before watching The Birds.

Who else could take a concept, that lets face it, could've been quite comical, into a thrilling horror movie?

If you're a fan of the horror genre, this is a must see.

Its a film from another era, so, its not the constant shaking camera bang bang bang action that make up today's horror films, but, it still works.

• DavetheDouche

★★★★★ Rewatched by DavetheDouche 05 Mar, 2015

One of Hitchcock's best films, and in some ways his most mysterious.

• Benedict Seal

★★★★½ Watched by Benedict Seal 03 Mar, 2015

Immensely watchable horror classic from The Master of Suspense.

• Arild Sundby

★★★★½ Watched by Arild Sundby 28 Feb, 2015

Well, now I can't longer look at birds the same way ever again...

• Matt Ellis

★★★ Rewatched by Matt Ellis 26 Feb, 2015

THE BIRDS is a dumb movie that is doing a lot of interesting things, but is ultimately dumb.

Watched for Rick Rambuss' Hitchcock, Kubrick, Lynch seminar at Brown University.