• Simon Cocks

★★½ Watched by Simon Cocks 28 Jul, 2015

Very boring for at least the first 55 minutes. It gets significantly better when birds randomly start pecking people to death, but still feels pointless and uninteresting all the way through. The empty ending is rubbish too, and there are only a few scenes that make this feel like it could be a decent horror. Disappointing, but perhaps expected for a film with such a strange premise.

• t2kickassjedi

★★★★★ Added by t2kickassjedi

With this film, the late great (R.I.P.) Alfred Hitchcock takes a wacky concept and makes it a fun film to watch.

• chill007

★★★★★ Added by chill007

This movie offers so much. Let's first talk about the lady who stalks the man.... She has enough balls to just show up and then play it all cool. You know this isn't the first time she has done this. Professional stalker...

Now every time I see a large gathering of birds... I just don't even go there. I try and play nice with every bird I see just in case. Those bird many business!

• S_MTX

★★★½ Watched by S_MTX 18 Jul, 2015

My expectations were fairly low. Whenever this movie was brought up in conversation it was kind of treated as a joke. I knew it was on lists ranking it as one of the great horror films, but seeing the footage of the two major bird attacks in Universal promos looked cheap by todays standards. My thought was it may have been convincing at the time but didn't age well. Yet I still had to see it because it was Hitchcock.…

• Mike P

★★★★ Rewatched by Mike P 18 Jul, 2015

A movie that subscribes to the axiom: Unlucky in love, lucky in being pecked to death by amassing birds.

• Derick Armijo

★★ Watched by Derick Armijo 17 Jul, 2015

Never has a movie needed a swarm of attacking birds more to wake the audience up from the soap opera plot that would not quit.

• ryknight

Rewatched by ryknight 18 Jul, 2015

A good slap in the face is pretty perfect response to a shook mom screaming "I think you're evil!"

• Margarida Keating

★★★★ Rewatched by Margarida Keating 18 Jul, 2015

The movie that made birds scary. As always Hitchcock's work provides me with moments so incredibly intense and captivating.
    The initial long scenes that seem to drag a bit are soon replaced by long scenes of suspense, chaos and brilliance.

• thecyborganizer

★★★ Watched by thecyborganizer 14 Jul, 2015

Weirdly disjointed, but generally lots of fun.

• emkanz

★★★★ Watched by emkanz 14 Jul, 2015

Surprisingly scary and extremely artful. Suspenseful use of shot reverse-shot left me looking back over my shoulder for the rest of the night. Lack of score puts all ears on the shrieks of the birds, and damn, for a film without a score this movie has one of the scariest applications of diagetic music ever!

The overall plot is a bit laggy and lacks depth, but the number of memorable scenes makes up for it. I love the bizarre sexual…

• Big Tim

★★★½ Rewatched by Big Tim 14 Jul, 2015

Alfred Hitchcock - Ranked

"Can I bring the lovebirds, Mitch? They haven't harmed anyone."

The brilliance of Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds is in the choice to not include a score at all. None. It's not there. As a result, the bird sound effects are that much more unnerving and disturbing. This movie is a masterclass in how to use sound, just pure sound, to terrify an audience. Typically, Hitchcock is known for some pretty iconic scores in his movies, but…

• Minionofhell

★★★★★ Watched by Minionofhell 11 Jul, 2015

"The Birds" has a really slow build-up at first and feels more like a love comedy at the beginning.Then,the tone is getting darker until there´s only the question of whether they will survive left.
    The characters do the same stupid moves as in literally every horror movie-going alone without telling anyone,splitting up etc.-but the upbuilding tension in this movie left me completely whacked at the end.
    But the true masterstroke in this movie was the soundtrack which is reduced to…