• Chris

★★★★½ Rewatched by Chris 29 Apr, 2016

Tippi is beautiful although I must admit she has an annoying nasal voice. The story is well-told and unsettling, because bird attacks could happen. The bird sound effects work well and particularly believable is the first bird attack at the birthday party. And it’s not just the attacks that are chilling, Hitchcock also generates suspense from moments when the birds gather in flocks and the townspeople walk by anxiously. Jessica Tandy is effective as the possessive mother to Mitch. According to a recent interview with Tippi Hedren real birds were used when she is trapped in the house. Yikes.

• Samantha

★★★★ Watched by Samantha 25 Apr, 2016

This was really scary and I was not expecting that for some reason! I never want to go near a bird again.
    Film 6/45 of my Decades Watchlist.

• Tristiac

★★★★½ Rewatched by Tristiac 24 Apr, 2016

Hitchcock's decision to not have any score is all kinds of brilliant.

• Jonathan Hensley

★★★★½ Watched by Jonathan Hensley 23 Apr, 2016

This movie can be summarized as such:

Completely ridiculous, but highly effective.

• Liam Fogarty

★★★½ Watched by Liam Fogarty 23 Apr, 2016

The Birds has kinda earned a bit of a diminishing reputation over the 50 plus years since it's release. Largely talked about as Alfred Hitchcock's big loud B-movie blockbuster about killer birds has really only been earned by the precedent it has set, and those that intimidate it.

In a world where a cheap Buck can be made from "it's a killer *BLANK*!"  The Birds has a subtlety  that has gone misunderstood by it's imitators. Yes, it's corny and silly…

• Tom Bramham

★★★½ Watched by Tom Bramham 21 Apr, 2016

The first half drags like hell so by the time it all started to kick off I was half asleep! Otherwise might have enjoyed it a bit more..

Although borderline hilarious now, I imagine the special effects with all the birds would've been pretty impressive 50+ years ago.

• Agnese Savelli

★★★½ Watched by Agnese Savelli 18 Apr, 2016

Bello anche se i miei preferiti restano Psyco, La finestra sul cortile e La donna che visse due volte.

• Matthew Roberts

★★★ Rewatched by Matthew Roberts 17 Apr, 2016

The first act really is so painfully slow and so painfully boring that when the film reaches its proper purpose; showing the bird attacks and whatnot it doesn't do so much to keep me interested. I don't have a problem with the special effects or anything, there's just really not much to connect me to the film. Plus I don't think any of the characters are really likeable, they're just there. Shallow, uninteresting, standing props.

• Megs

★★★★★ Rewatched by Megs 17 Apr, 2016

I find this movie so very unsettling, no matter how many times I watch it.

• Matthias

★★★ Watched by Matthias 14 Apr, 2016

What happened, Mitch? — A gull hit her. — A gull?

The Birds is that line to me. It was sampled in a song I liked which I can unfortunately no longer find. That scene is the highlight of the whole film for me. I can't really explain it, it's not extraordinary writing or anything. It's just the delivery and the melody that does it for me I guess; plus the whole being in a song thing.

• Yug S

Added by Yug S

What's with the good reviews and rating of this movie? It looks like a cheesy B grade flick. Stupid.

• WhitneyDare

★★★★ Rewatched by WhitneyDare 11 Apr, 2016 1

Whenever I watch this movie, I feel the need to tell everyone that Tippi once owned a lion. And it lived in her home. Amongst her and her small child.