• Brandon Sawyer

Rewatched by Brandon Sawyer 31 Oct, 2014

What a weird movie this is. There’s barely even a hint of something going on with the birds for nearly the first hour: Melanie gets dive-bombed by a seagull, reports of chickens not eating… it’s at least 45 minutes in before little Cathy’s birthday party and the first real attack. And before that... what? A bit of romantic comedy in the pet store? A small-town romantic melodrama adding an ex-lover and a mother who can’t let her boy go? What’s…

• Jacob Fisher

★★★★★ Watched by Jacob Fisher 10 Dec, 2014

My new favorite Alfred Hitchcock movie. Crazy, fun, and yet still manages to be scary at the time with great performances from Tippi Hedren and Rod Taylor. The special effects were amazing for it time.

• Si Sharp

★★★½ Rewatched by Si Sharp 09 Dec, 2014 1

Some of the drama felt a bit flat this time round, but this a technical masterpiece. I struggle to think of another director who could make a bird invasion realistic and intimidating in 2014, that Hitch did it over half a century ago deserves some credit.

• salpi

★★★★½ Added by salpi

good

View

• mangum_pi

★★★ Rewatched by mangum_pi 02 Dec, 2014

FROM THE NESTS OF SHAOLIN BIRD TANG CLAN STRIKES AGAIN THE BEEKA, THE SQUEEKA, OL FEATHERY BASTARD, INSPECTAH EGG, RAESQUAW ON THE REG, U-FEED, BEADEYED KILLAH AND THE

H-I-T-C-H-C-OCK

H-I-T-C-H-C-OCK

• Carlie Wright

★★★★★ Watched by Carlie Wright 28 Nov, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• ScarpiaGS

★★★½ Watched by ScarpiaGS 16 Mar, 2012

Weimar
    -Gran película
    -Fantástico uso del suspenso
    -Buenas actuaciones
    -Tal vez le falta un poco de motivos

• MovieMan23

★★★★ Added by MovieMan23

Great Hitchcock movie to watch in your spare time.

• David

★★ Added by David

Really wasn't into The Birds at all. There's no tension to be found and there's no fun to be had either. It's really boring. It hasn't aged terribly well, but that's not necessarily the problem. The character drama is badly written, with the female characters being especially bad. I truly don't entirely get the love for this. It's just not a very good movie. Plus superimposed/animatronic birds attacking people isn't terribly compelling. I almost wanted all of the human characters…

• Chris Martin

★★★★½ Watched by Chris Martin 20 Nov, 2014

Absolutely terrifying.

• Joel Edwards

★★★★ Watched by Joel Edwards 17 Nov, 2014

Don't go stalking guys you just met or else you risk an avian plague upon his hometown!

• James Healey

★★★½ Watched by James Healey 03 Mar, 2014

Well made, but... was that it?