• Cody

★★★★½ Rewatched by Cody 30 Jul, 2014

This was my first Alfred Hitchcock movie I have seen. I do have a fear of seagulls, so this movie was terrifying, even after 50 years. Hitchcock made it very suspenseful and even made me think I heard some birds just outside my window!

• Michael Ipsen

★★★★★ Watched by Michael Ipsen 29 Jul, 2014

My first viewing of this.. this masterpiece!!!
    Probably the only movie pre-1970 that actually scares me!

• Nick Kline

★★★★½ Watched by Nick Kline 24 Jul, 2014

All kinds of psychosexual hell break loose. Jaws' fucked up big brother.

• Danny Webster

★★★★ Watched by Danny Webster 20 Jul, 2014

Director Project

Director: Alfred Hitchcock (Final Film)

It may take too long to get going for some, but I am under no doubt that I really enjoyed the first part - Melanie's character being the mischievous and playful little darling of our film, is a character I can really root for; and with her take-what-she-wants attitude, I feel like the slow gradual pace which many have complained about is more than justifiable to me simply because I enjoyed her so…

• Daniel Escaners

★★★★ Watched by Daniel Escaners 08 Jul, 2014

Clásico innegable. Quitando un par de escenas de "acción" con los pájaros en las que se nota que los años han pasado, sigue siendo una película vigente y de imprescindible visionado. No se ha convertido en mi favorita de Hitchcock, pero está muy bien.

• Nicholas D

★★★ Watched by Nicholas D 05 Jul, 2014

After much advice a decided that I should watch Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" last Saturday afternoon. Although dated I found the film to be pretty well made.

Hitchcock has done a very good job of building tension and suspense in this movie. I often found myself on-edge at times during the film. I am also quite amazed that he has managed to do this without the use of incidental music, I find this absence even more suspenseful.

I found the…

• Daan Westerheide

★★★★½ Added by Daan Westerheide

One of those movies without a soundtrack like No Country of Old Men. Didn't miss the music

• Alex Krajci

★★★ Watched by Alex Krajci 30 Jun, 2014

I Like 1963's The Birds, I Like It Because It Turned 50 Years Old Last Year In 2013.

• Scott Reynolds

★★★★½ Rewatched by Scott Reynolds 27 Jun, 2014

Watched this outside with a bunch of friends - both kids and parents -- and this movie still works. The sequence in the diner where Melanie (Tippi Hedrin) watches the birds destroy the gas station is like film school 101. Such a great monster movie.

Love it.

• Corey Hiscocks

★★★½ Watched by Corey Hiscocks 23 Jun, 2014

In That Mitchell and Webb Look, a BBC sketch comedy I'm quite a fan of, there's a bit involving a news broadcasting team that halfheartedly insists that there's no bad news -- as in, "everything was fine... once my clothes stopped being on fire" or "everything is fine apart from the very small interludes during which the serial killer is actually murdering someone." It's worth a watch: www.youtube.com/watch?v=uriZZ3Slz74

That's kinda how I feel about The Birds. Everything is fine... apart…

• bluevoid

★★★ Watched by bluevoid 25 Jun, 2014

Hitchcock proves once again that he is the master of the thriller. Birds are a perfect tool to use in building suspense. They aren’t all that scary. I’m pretty sure I could take on most birds, or even a flock. He doesn’t jump right into killer birds, but lets it build. At first we see them as simple pets. Something nice to give as a gift. The birds aren’t a direct threat until about halfway through the movie. And yet,…

• Chris Gomez

★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Gomez 06 Sep, 2012

Great film, but I worry about the usage and treatment of all those birds.