• mushumbadiwadi

★★★★★ Added by mushumbadiwadi

storytelling clinic

• Asher

★★★★★ Added by Asher 2

Every film Hitchcock ever made was something spectacular. He was always ahead of the crowd with his work. He was the ace of aces, the queen of queens, and the king of kings when it came to cinematic perfection. From the 1920s he garnered recognition for his unique and, at the time, unheard of storytelling. He made films that horrified audiences yet were not "horror" films. He was doing something that no one else even thought of. That being: creating…

• Tom

★★★★½ Rewatched by Tom 29 Jun, 2015

Great film. One of the movies I'd use to introduce people to Hitchcock. Awesome on all levels.

• muchogroucho

★★★★ Watched by muchogroucho 28 Jun, 2015

I'm thirty years old and I've never been scared by birds. Now I am. No score, only extended bursts of wings flapping and birds shrieking at everyone on the island. It follows me around.

• Matt Curione

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Curione 27 Jun, 2015

Still one of the best Creature Features.

• Ty Landis

Watched by Ty Landis 30 Jun, 2015

Brutal and metaphysical.

• RagingTaxiDriver

★★★★ Watched by RagingTaxiDriver 29 Jun, 2015

I looked outside my window after this to see a crow. I immediately booked a flight to Greenland and took a sled dog team to a cave. I shall stay here indefinitely

• Cole Bradley

★★★★½ Rewatched by Cole Bradley 29 Jun, 2015 3

This Hitchcock guy was pretty good at making movies, huh?

• Lyndell Clark

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lyndell Clark 27 Jun, 2015 3

Showed the girlfriend this for the first time. She has a fear of birds so naturally I had to show her.

• Justin Robert Vinall

★★★★ Rewatched by Justin Robert Vinall 26 Jun, 2015

The eeriness and heavily dark empty tone gives tremendously fantastic atmosphere of dread and the end of the world in Alfred Hitchcock's great film, "The Birds"

Followed with strong performances and effects that mostly hold up. The story of "The Birds" builds until all hell breaks loose and a dark action horror film commences.

• Dane Peterson

★★★★ Rewatched by Dane Peterson 23 Jun, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

The title as the MacGuffin... genius!

What strikes me about The Birds, is that the first time I watched it, I thought it was just an old disaster/horror movie. With so much of the movie dedicated to the dread and terror caused by the birds, I felt that it was ludicrous for Hitchcock never to answer the question: What is causing all of these birds to attack? The answer is simple; it doesn't matter.

The imagery of control over nature…

• mette k

★★★★ Rewatched by mette k 21 Jun, 2015

It feels like it lacks an ending..?