• Ollie_8

★★★★½ Added by Ollie_8

• Willow Catelyn

★★★★★ Rewatched by Willow Catelyn 27 Nov, 2015

I like how the end of the movie is just the birds back to being stupid birds trying not to get run over by a car, but that's what makes The Birds scary to begin with. The Birds trick you into a false sense of security and you're like ah yes these birds, they are so stupid, look at them fly and eat garbage, but then you've got fifty of them on top of you and you're just fucked, and their act of stupidity was all a ploy. I believe this to be true, because geese are already halfway there to revealing their true nature

• Wooderson

★★★★ Watched by Wooderson 27 Nov, 2015

Film #28 of the Scavenger Hunt #1
    Task #27 A film about animals/wildlife attacking!

I love when animals go absolutely BUCK WILD on people and get savagely physical. But I like even more when animals are calling the shots and playing MIND GAMES with fools. When it comes to Hitchcock the tension is the best part, when you through some unpredictable birds in the mix you got a winner.

• Ruhi

★★★★★ Added by Ruhi

• Brent Vanhomwegen

★★ Added by Brent Vanhomwegen

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Yes! I finally got this movie, it's an awkward love story with some angry birds in it...

So this was directed by the master of suspense? I don't think so, their was hardly any suspense or thrills. The movie started off really slow, in the first 30 min we see a woman trying to connect with some guy, who is going to play her co-star eventually. She does these stupid things for him, like buying him two lovebirds, because he…

• Yorick VS

★★ Added by Yorick VS

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Hitchcock is maybe 'the master of suspence' but he surely isn't the master of subtlety.

- The film begins with the lead roll crossing the streets. If you couldn't notice her by the camera movement, you could notice her by her 'extravagant' haircut.
    - When the second lead roll (Rod Taylor) appears it's immediately clear that he will be the co-star by the type of shot.
    - Every time there's a long, boring conversation about to take place; a character…

• Steve "The Schmuck" Pulaski

★★★ Watched by Steve "The Schmuck" Pulaski 05 Nov, 2015

Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds would be a truly masterful exercise in slowburn tension if it had been about twenty-five minutes shorter. Even as a fan of slowburn horror, often relishing in the age-old ideas of buildup and surprise to accompany the shock and awe that horror brings audiences, I found myself exhausted and almost indifferent to the titular subjects of the film and whether or not they were ever going to show up or not. For about fifty-three minutes, we…

• Bob Rutiger

★★★½ Watched by Bob Rutiger 15 Nov, 2015

This movie really hits it's stride once that little girl at the birthday party gets downright murked by that hefty lookin' gull.

Depending on how you respond to it, this movie looks ridiculously stupid or utterly terrifying.

• Doug Dibbern

★★★★ Rewatched by Doug Dibbern 14 Nov, 2015

As with other most recent viewings, its fabulosity is hampered -- for me, at least -- by its overt to-be-read-ness. Though this time around I was pleasantly surprised how so much of the movie actually is just one bird attack after another. I'm so happy when the birds bite the little girls' faces! And I'd forgotten that the most terrifying moment in the movie is the amazing sound collage and low-angled shots of the ceiling in that scene on the final night.

• Jayce Fryman

★★★★ Rewatched by Jayce Fryman 16 Oct, 2015

One of Hitchcock's movies I had seen before, it was really great to get to see this on the big screen. This is definitely one of Hitchcock's scarier movies, and it is just a lot of fun. It tells a great story, had some great action, and is just overall a completely enjoyable film experience. Not Hitchcock's best film, but definitely one I think everyone should watch, unless you are already terrified of birds. I also really enjoy some of the smaller details, such as the birds-eye view we get near the end of the film.

• Gabriel Camillozzi

★★ Added by Gabriel Camillozzi

The Birds produção e direção de Alfred Hitchcock é um clássico hibrido Terror/Suspense lançado em 1963 com roteiro adaptado de Evan Hunter. O filme apresenta a estréia no cinema de Tippi Hedren no papel de Melanie Daniels, o elenco conta também com Rod Taylor, Jessica Tandy, Suzanne Pleshette e Veronica Cartwright. Um elaborado enredo romântico e construído e depois suspenso sem qualquer acréscimo a trama, dando lugar a um suspense tímido e pouco revelador. O roteiro e marcado por lacunas e exageros bobos, nem a genialidade de Hitchcock pode salva tudo, o final é decepcionante e odioso.

• mbk23

★★★★ Added by mbk23

Watched on tv, never looked at birds the same way again.