• Maria Paula Hostin

muito top

• YI JIAN

Watched by YI JIAN 23 Oct, 2014 34

Hoop-Tober Challenge (For Beginners) Film #24

What a chore to sit through. A dreadfully slow build-up which leads to a dull payoff. Apparently my toenails were more interesting than what's on screen.

Maybe it will get better after a few re-watches, or maybe I just approached The Birds with the wrong mindset, it being directed by the great Alfred Hitchcock and all.

• EricAnders

★★★½ Rewatched by EricAnders 21 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Christopher Bowes

★★★ Watched by Christopher Bowes 20 Oct, 2014

FILM 13 OF HOOP-TOBER

By--let's put it at an arbitrary film around the correct time period--Dial M for Murder, Hitchcock had proven everything he needed to prove with tightly-wound plot. So he stopped caring, and that's when the films got really good. What's actually on the film being fought over in North by Northwest? Doesn't matter. Wouldn't Scottie be able to tell the difference between Judy and Madeleine in Vertigo? You're missing the point. Those films are about everything except…

• Jacob Gehman

★★★★½ Added by Jacob Gehman

Entertaining and wonderful. I wish I could have seen it back in 1963...it's impact would have been much greater then.

• Robert Berlin

★★★ Rewatched by Robert Berlin 20 Oct, 2014

Spooky Scary Horrorthons - Film #17

Hitchcock's creature feature shows how fundamentally fucked the human race is when nature decides that it have had enough of our bullshit. Despite a rather lengthy buildup to the actual man vs. bird action the film proves to be a technically impressive (for its time) and intense horror flick.

The first half of the film plays out a lot like many other Hitchcock films, featuring a blonde female (Tippi Hedren) in the lead role…

• Grooveman

★★★★ Rewatched by Grooveman 20 Oct, 2014

"It's the end of the world!"

• FilmApe

★★★★½ Rewatched by FilmApe 19 Oct, 2014 8

I feel like this film is Hitchcock simply going, Psycho was easy, I need a challenge.

• Windyblue

★★★½ Added by Windyblue

*lock the windows*

• Gregory Day

★★★★★ Watched by Gregory Day 18 Oct, 2014

The scenes between the characters are as precisely executed as the thrilling scenes; I almost forgot there were birds in this movie.

• TheWriter

★★★ Rewatched by TheWriter 19 Oct, 2014

No sé qué pretendía Hitchcock rodando esto pero seguro que no le salió.

• maskull

★★★★★ Rewatched by maskull 17 Oct, 2014

It's been quite a while since I've seen this movie and I had forgotten how long it takes for the first bird attack....but it doesn't matter at all. Honestly I would've enjoyed this movie without the birds, just these characters spouting this dialog (except for the kid) and the humour. BUT then we get the birds and things just get awesome! Tons o' great moments...crows on playground, Tippi going upstairs, Mom discovering a surprise in the bedroom, the final shot of the movie, etc, etc.