• Michael Offerosky

★★★★½ Rewatched by Michael Offerosky 13 Oct, 2014 2

THE BIRDS is a somewhat underrated Hitchcock film. It may not stand next to his great masterpieces like PSYCHO or REAR WINDOW but it is a fine film in its own right. Based on a story from the same author that wrote REBECCA (also adopted for the screen by Hitch) the story couldn't be more simple. A bayside town in California is faced with random bird attacks. Very suspenseful and well acted to boot. Tippi Hedren made her screen debut here and has a fine supporting cast in Rod Taylor, Jessica Tandy, and Suzanne Pleshette. This is a good film for the Halloween season.

• lantio

★★★★ Watched by lantio 13 Oct, 2014

The Birds is one of Hitchcock's most popular movies and although not his best, it is a horror classic that everyone needs to see. It has very dated effects however it is still a fun watch and I highly recommend this film if you haven't seen it.

• Lucas

★★★★ Rewatched by Lucas 11 Oct, 2014

Day 11 of Horrorfest 2014

To be honest, it doesn't hold up as well as a lot of other Hitchcock films, but it's still a well made film and a pretty good time.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 11 Jun, 2014

Rating: B+

• Jason Cartagena

★★½ Watched by Jason Cartagena 05 Oct, 2014

I can understand a point in time where Alfred Hitchcock's The Bird was scary but most of it just falls flat for me. It took years for me to finally get around to watching this and I was not impressed. For some context, I've only seen two Hitchcock films (Psycho and Vertigo). Two films I love. Where The Birds fails is in its characters and the story that frames the film. It just isn't all that interesting. The acting falls…

• Ryan H.

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ryan H. 05 Oct, 2014

The stuff with the birds is all well-and-good (excellent technical precision there), but what makes The Bird a masterpiece is how well Hitchcock stages and films the human interactions at its center. This may just be Hitchcock's best-directed feature.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 07 Apr, 2011

Rating: B+

• 'Becca'lise

★★★★½ Rewatched by 'Becca'lise 01 Oct, 2014

Deliciously campy Hitchcock wonderfulness. I love how hilariously awkward Melanie's conversations with everyone are. And the bird attack scenes are classics. Risselty rosselty now now now!

• Sven Rump

★★★★★ Watched by Sven Rump 30 Sep, 2014

"I have never known birds of different species to flock together. The very concept is unimaginable. Why, if that happened, we wouldn't stand a chance! How could we possibly hope to fight them?"

Melanie Daniels (Tippi Hedren) drives to Bodega Bay on a whim after having met Mitch Brenner (Rod Taylor) in San Francisco. When she gets there odd things start happening concerning the bird population of the small town. They seem to start attacking people and turning more aggressive…

• Alex Dodson

★★★★★ Watched by Alex Dodson 02 Oct, 2014

Douchebags ironically laugh. I'm scared shitless. Ornithophobia.

• Craig Duffy

★★★★½ Rewatched by Craig Duffy 01 Oct, 2014

I think I've seen this film more than any other Hitchcock film. Perhaps not as IMPORTANT as other Hitch films, but still compulsively watchable. It's a film to watch with others and giggle with. Also some really wonderful shots peppered throughout.

• Timmy Semenza

Added by Timmy Semenza

Watched this with an ex-girlfriend who was weirdly interested in this film, despite not caring all that much for movies otherwise.