• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 31 Aug, 2010

In The Birds, Alfred Hitchcock gives a master class on how to create top-notch suspense and this is one of his most unique, haunting, and most brilliantly crafted motion pictures. The absence of a score gives it a rather different feel compared to other films of his, and the masterful use of sound effects and simple silence to give a sense of sheer realism and horror was nothing less than perfect. Sound was probably the key that made it all…

• DanStew

★★★★ Rewatched by DanStew 10 Sep, 2014

Can't wait for the sequel - Birds 2: BirdWorld.

Now that the Birds are in power, they must set up a bird government with a bird president. Or will it be a bird dictatorship? Only time can tell, in BIRDWORLD.

In seriousness: this is a film that is hard to review. In it's time it might've been a lot scarier and less funny, but now, it's kind of a well thought out twilight zone episode.

• Norbor

★★★★½ Added by Norbor

Los pájaros es una película de Alfred Hitchcock que nos introduce en la trama en un tono de comedía romántica siguiendo las bromas y travesuras de Melanie su protagonista (Tippi Hedren). Al promediar el primer cuarto del film se nos introduce el primer suceso que nos pronostica un cambio, pasando ya a meternos en una película fantástica y de terror mucho mas tensa y dramática que lo visto hasta allí.
    Hitchcock nos vuelve a presentar el tema de la madre…

• Harvey Gardner

★★★ Watched by Harvey Gardner 05 Sep, 2014

A very silly film with bottom of the barrel acting and an uneven script. However, through all the unintentionally hilarious scenes there are some truly chilling moments like the famous scene in which the birds perch themselves behind Tippi Hedren on a climbing frame. By far the worst Hitchcock film that I've seen, but still a fair amount of fun nonetheless.

• Matti Hansson

★★½ Rewatched by Matti Hansson 05 Sep, 2014

Den börjar bra och är jättetrevlig och mystisk, men så fort fåglarna börjar anfalla förvandlas alla, speciellt kvinnorna, till de mest mesiga och inkompetenta varelser man kan tänka sig. Inte läskigt över huvud taget.

• CinemaClown

★★★★★ Watched by CinemaClown 04 Sep, 2014 14

A remarkable classic of suspense & horror, an extraordinary achievement in technical filmmaking and a perfect demonstration of how clueless & unprepared we are against the forces of nature, Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds remains one of the most underappreciated works in cinema history & is amongst my top 3 favourite films from this genius filmmaker.

Beginning on a relaxed note which only serves as a deep breath before the plunge, The Birds concerns a wealthy San Francisco socialite who pursues her romantic interest…

• Lauryn

★★★★½ Added by Lauryn

As my first taste of Hitchcock, I am so glad that it was a captivating and interesting story. The Birds have stuck with me all these years, even when I go back to it I always find myself completely immersed in this world.

• Chris Williams

★★★★½ Watched by Chris Williams 29 Aug, 2014

I put off seeing this because I was convinced the big scenes of bird attacks would not hold up. And, no, they don't. But those scenes are more punctuation than anything, giving an escape valve to the suspense that Hitchcock masterfully builds throughout -- coupled with a great slow burn of a story with subtext about fears of female sexuality. I wish I'd known nothing about it beforehand, though. It starts like a romantic comedy and for the first half…

• teapot37

★★★★ Watched by teapot37 29 Aug, 2014

During the visit a socialite (Tippi Hedren) to a man (Rod Taylor) in the small coastal California town of Bodega Bay, the townspeople are startled to discover that the local birds are starting to attack them - just a gull or two at first, but eventually leading up to an all-out assault on them outside a diner. The attacks are never explained, which adds to the terror. Interestingly, there is no score to this movie.

• Jaime Grijalba

★★★★★ Watched by Jaime Grijalba 29 Aug, 2014

The Birds (1963)

10/10

A masterpiece from the Master of Suspense, and let's admit it, he was also a Master of Horror. Maybe he didn't think much of the genre itself, specially since until the 1960's it was mostly a minor one, filled with low grade science fiction creature movies that filled the drive-ins, but he surely managed to get a magnificent work of art and of technical proficiency in this movie. You just need to read or watch any…

• ACBlogReview

★★★½ Watched by ACBlogReview 29 Aug, 2014

Perhaps a little dated now but a remake would never work. Remember it for how it would have been then. It remains a classic, just don't watch it expecting to be horrified... you may look twice at birds now though.

• Christopher Fujino

★★★ Watched by Christopher Fujino 24 Aug, 2014 4

This film forms the basis of every Sci-Fi Channel Original Movie ever made. I once saw one where cockroaches attacked. And one where bees were swarming and killing people. And yes, that's right kids, without Hitchcock there'd be no Sharknado.

This is, so far, my least favorite Hitchcock film.