• Gus Braidotti

★★★★ Rewatched by Gus Braidotti 11 Aug, 2015

Birds as " Female Neurosis". Not my favorite Hitchcock.

• zack_f_katz

★★★★ Added by zack_f_katz

Before watching The Birds, I had no idea why Alfred Hitchcock's films were so praised. However after watching this film, I understood why he was one of the best directors in the history of film. The way he was able to bring a scene to life was remarkable. The location of the set seemed questionable at first, but the plot and the birds themselves made the unbelievable horror seem like a reality.

• lstamp

★★★½ Rewatched by lstamp 09 Aug, 2015

Still holds up really well.

• Michele Ricci

★★★★ Watched by Michele Ricci 06 Aug, 2015

Il maestro resta sempre il maestro.

• Scott Reynolds

★★★★½ Rewatched by Scott Reynolds 26 Jul, 2015

Still a stunner - fun to watch even with a hipster crowd.

Watched it at the Nitehawk Cinema's WHEN ANIMALS ATTACK brunch -- and realized something.

Mitch and Annie, the teacher -- they had a relationship back in the day, back in the city. Mitch has a 'sister', who is like a full 30 years younger than him. Not to mention that his mother is way to old to have a 9 year old. Now I might be slow, but…

• J

Watched by J 02 Aug, 2015

an unholy, apocalyptic symphony. greatest axial cut of all time? this fucked me up. @ mitch: nice one.

• Sam Inglis

★★★★★ Watched by Sam Inglis 01 Aug, 2015

Another outstanding Hitchcock. Use of space, camera and the pacing are all simply masterful, the climbing frame scene... perfect.

Hitchcock takes a premise that could be laughable and leeches both menace and shock out of it for two hours.

• Beatrice

★★★★½ Watched by Beatrice 02 Aug, 2015

First of all, I thought his mother was gonna kill her because of Alfred's "obsession" with mums lmao but this was the most anxious finale I've ever watched, and if I thought I was just scared of birds now I'm pretty sure it's a phobia.

• Kevin Hsieh

★★★★½ Watched by Kevin Hsieh 30 Jul, 2015

92/100

• Lagaan

★★★½ Watched by Lagaan 30 Jul, 2015

Very original plot. Hitchcock probably created the creature-horror movie with this film, yet it is so much more than that. It has romance, human drama and survival.In typical Hitchcock fashion, the tension builds slowly. The background story is interesting in itself. Without the birds, the movie could easily have been turned into a romantic-drama.Little by little, Hitchcock introduces the protagonists.

Also typically Hitchcockian, there is no sound effects to artificially dial up the tension. It is all visual. Some scenes…

• kfy

★★★★ Watched by kfy 29 Jul, 2015

Mommy are birds gonna eat us?

• Simon Cocks

★★½ Watched by Simon Cocks 28 Jul, 2015

Very boring for at least the first 55 minutes. It gets significantly better when birds randomly start pecking people to death, but still feels pointless and uninteresting all the way through. The empty ending is rubbish too, and there are only a few scenes that make this feel like it could be a decent horror. Disappointing, but perhaps expected for a film with such a strange premise.