• jmlopuzzo

★★★½ Watched by jmlopuzzo 14 Apr, 2015

Mike and sarah

• Thomas Willett

★★★½ Watched by Thomas Willett 13 Apr, 2015

Since high school, this has been that one Hitchcock film that I embarrassingly haven't seen. All of my friends keep talking about how scary and great this film is. I love Psycho. Rear Window is economically tense. Even Strangers on a Train works its magic. Still, for the life of me I haven't set aside time to see this film about birds attacking the city. It wasn't out of disinterest. In fact, I wish that I have seen more Hitchcock…

• Franny

Added by Franny

Ever since we started the Hitchcock unit, my dad has been asking me to watch ¨The Birds.¨ To be honest, I expected it to be much scarier. Halfway through the film I realized why it seemed somewhat slow and not very intense, there was no musical score. This absence of music made the bird screeches during the bird-attacking scenes more annoying and claustrophobic than scary. The lack of score could have been used to highlight the contrast of the quiet…

• AshWasilewski

★★★★★ Added by AshWasilewski

This movie was more than great. I really loved it. I wasn't really watching it so I could notice similarities within Hitchcock films, so I didn't notice much. The classroom scene was obnoxious and I wanted the birds to come crashing through the windows and the beginning was a bit slow. Other than that, it was everything I expected it to be and more. Fantastic movie and Hitchcock's walkthrough in this one was adorable.

• Jee DiCola

Added by Jee DiCola

I have never been more scared of birds than I am right now.

Please excuse me while I hide underneath my blankets for the rest of the day as I watch more horror movies to convince myself to be scared of ghosts or clowns rather than birds.

Good job, Hitchcock. Turning my childhood pets that my mom worked with into death machines that torture and kill people.

I don't want to go outside now.

• gabitir

Watched by gabitir 12 Apr, 2015

Who knew the end of the world would come via birds? In Alfred Hitchcock's famous movie "The Birds", the director uses his signature themes as well as a crazy plot to create an almost flawless suspense/horror film. Sprinkling his movie with his famous recurring motifs such a a blonde woman, shadows, mother vs. son, and more, Hitchcock creates a fantasy world in which humans become completely powerless in defense against bird attacks that swarm the small California town of Bodega…

• riTZugh

★★★ Watched by riTZugh 11 Apr, 2015

I expected a little more but I bet that was a fault. I thought Alfred Hitchcock, that has to be extremly terrifing. But in the end i was very confused and only a little terrified. I think that this fim can not shock people anymore in todays times. But when it came out it obviously was very scary.

• ayylmao233

★★★½ Watched by ayylmao233 09 Apr, 2015

------------------------------------------------------------
    Film #5 of the "Scavenger Hunt" Challenge!
    Task #27: A film about animals/wildlife attacking!
    letterboxd.com/ayylmao233/list/scavenger-hunt/
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds was a very innovative and daring piece of horror for the 60s, showing amounts of violence not seen much at that time. I love Alfred Hitchcock's directing style, and it works well here, however, The Birds didn't keep my interest as his other films did. I think by all means that this film is good, and I might give it another watch soon, but as of now it is my least favorite Hitchcock film.

• silenttom

★★★½ Rewatched by silenttom 08 Apr, 2015

Groundbreaking mainstream horror that suffers less from it's slightly dated effects and more from it's rather weak lead actress. The Birds story wise is obviously thin. It's the story of a woman who seeks a man she fancies only to come at the most opportune time... when a flock of birds decide to finally attack humanity for reasons never explained. Yet, the lack of clarity and explanation serves as a major theme of the film; man's inherent desire to turn…

• ApeLincoln

★★★★ Watched by ApeLincoln 06 Apr, 2015

A great example how to achieve suspense through a proper build up.

• FilmGuy1997

★★★★ Added by FilmGuy1997

When Hitchcock made The Birds, he was at the top of his game. The Birds is considered by many to be his last great film. While that may be up for debate, there is no denying that The Birds is a great film. This film proves why Hitchcock was called "the Master of Suspense." There are great performances from the whole cast, including the bit players. The special effects, though somewhat dated, are mostly convincing. This is Hitchcock at his most innovative.

• MogulsReview

★★★ Added by MogulsReview

An OK film with a weird plot. It's not a masterpiece, but nevertheless is entertaining. The book has a better ending.