• Isabella

★★★★ Added by Isabella

One of my favourite Hitchcock films, a classic.

• Luke MacKenzie

★★★★ Watched by Luke MacKenzie 16 Oct, 2014

I thought this film was brilliant. I love Hitchcock, I've loved everyone of his movies that I've seen. I honestly haven't seen a bad Hitchcock film, he's becoming one of favourite directors. I don't agree when people say he's the best director ever, he is fantastic, and he did do a lot for cinema, he revolutionised modern cinema, I respect Hitchcock. It was really good and brilliantly directed. Also Hitchcock cameo was amazing, just causally walking out the pet shop…

• Ria

★★★½ Rewatched by Ria 15 Oct, 2014

The birds are such arseholes!

• PetMice72

★★★★ Watched by PetMice72 10 Oct, 2014

Melanie Daniels heads to a community called Bodega Bay to return a practical joke on a lawyer who spoofed her shortly before. Not long after she arrives, birds including seagulls and crows start to attack the townsfolk and the attacks intensify as the film progresses. This film did a good job of holding my interest throughout and had a few well done key scenes. I really liked the sound effects of the birds themselves. Definitely worth seeing.

• Chris Voss

★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Voss 13 Oct, 2014

Forget the other names in the credits...the one that always drive me to this film is Evan Hunter, aka Ed McBain, aka my favorite crime writer bar none. I watched THE BIRDS over Columbus weekend with my 71 year old Italian father-in-law, who couldn't tear his eyes away from the action even as he complained he "don't know why those birds do what they do."

And to this day, that's still the hook that makes THE BIRDS so effective. You…

• Michael Offerosky

★★★★½ Rewatched by Michael Offerosky 13 Oct, 2014 2

THE BIRDS is a somewhat underrated Hitchcock film. It may not stand next to his great masterpieces like PSYCHO or REAR WINDOW but it is a fine film in its own right. Based on a story from the same author that wrote REBECCA (also adopted for the screen by Hitch) the story couldn't be more simple. A bayside town in California is faced with random bird attacks. Very suspenseful and well acted to boot. Tippi Hedren made her screen debut here and has a fine supporting cast in Rod Taylor, Jessica Tandy, and Suzanne Pleshette. This is a good film for the Halloween season.

• lantio

★★★★ Watched by lantio 13 Oct, 2014

The Birds is one of Hitchcock's most popular movies and although not his best, it is a horror classic that everyone needs to see. It has very dated effects however it is still a fun watch and I highly recommend this film if you haven't seen it.

• Lucas

★★★★ Rewatched by Lucas 11 Oct, 2014

Day 11 of Horrorfest 2014

To be honest, it doesn't hold up as well as a lot of other Hitchcock films, but it's still a well made film and a pretty good time.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 11 Jun, 2014

Rating: B+

• Jason Cartagena

★★½ Watched by Jason Cartagena 05 Oct, 2014

I can understand a point in time where Alfred Hitchcock's The Bird was scary but most of it just falls flat for me. It took years for me to finally get around to watching this and I was not impressed. For some context, I've only seen two Hitchcock films (Psycho and Vertigo). Two films I love. Where The Birds fails is in its characters and the story that frames the film. It just isn't all that interesting. The acting falls…

• Ryan H.

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ryan H. 05 Oct, 2014

The stuff with the birds is all well-and-good (excellent technical precision there), but what makes The Bird a masterpiece is how well Hitchcock stages and films the human interactions at its center. This may just be Hitchcock's best-directed feature.

• Joe DiCanio