• FilmApe

★★★★½ Rewatched by FilmApe 19 Oct, 2014 8

I feel like this film is Hitchcock simply going, Psycho was easy, I need a challenge.

• Windyblue

★★★½ Added by Windyblue

*lock the windows*

• Gregory Day

★★★★★ Watched by Gregory Day 18 Oct, 2014

The scenes between the characters are as precisely executed as the thrilling scenes; I almost forgot there were birds in this movie.

• TheWriter

★★★ Rewatched by TheWriter 19 Oct, 2014

No sé qué pretendía Hitchcock rodando esto pero seguro que no le salió.

• maskull

★★★★★ Rewatched by maskull 17 Oct, 2014

It's been quite a while since I've seen this movie and I had forgotten how long it takes for the first bird attack....but it doesn't matter at all. Honestly I would've enjoyed this movie without the birds, just these characters spouting this dialog (except for the kid) and the humour. BUT then we get the birds and things just get awesome! Tons o' great moments...crows on playground, Tippi going upstairs, Mom discovering a surprise in the bedroom, the final shot of the movie, etc, etc.

• Isabella

★★★★ Added by Isabella

One of my favourite Hitchcock films, a classic.

• Luke MacKenzie

★★★★ Watched by Luke MacKenzie 16 Oct, 2014

I thought this film was brilliant. I love Hitchcock, I've loved everyone of his movies that I've seen. I honestly haven't seen a bad Hitchcock film, he's becoming one of favourite directors. I don't agree when people say he's the best director ever, he is fantastic, and he did do a lot for cinema, he revolutionised modern cinema, I respect Hitchcock. It was really good and brilliantly directed. Also Hitchcock cameo was amazing, just causally walking out the pet shop…

• Ria

★★★½ Rewatched by Ria 15 Oct, 2014

The birds are such arseholes!

• PetMice72

★★★★ Watched by PetMice72 10 Oct, 2014

Melanie Daniels heads to a community called Bodega Bay to return a practical joke on a lawyer who spoofed her shortly before. Not long after she arrives, birds including seagulls and crows start to attack the townsfolk and the attacks intensify as the film progresses. This film did a good job of holding my interest throughout and had a few well done key scenes. I really liked the sound effects of the birds themselves. Definitely worth seeing.

• Chris Voss

★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Voss 13 Oct, 2014

Hoop-Tober Entry #12

Forget the other names in the credits...the one that always drive me to this film is Evan Hunter, aka Ed McBain, aka my favorite crime writer bar none. I watched THE BIRDS over Columbus weekend with my 71 year old Italian father-in-law, who couldn't tear his eyes away from the action even as he complained he "don't know why those birds do what they do."

And to this day, that's still the hook that makes THE BIRDS…

• Michael Offerosky

★★★★½ Rewatched by Michael Offerosky 13 Oct, 2014 2

THE BIRDS is a somewhat underrated Hitchcock film. It may not stand next to his great masterpieces like PSYCHO or REAR WINDOW but it is a fine film in its own right. Based on a story from the same author that wrote REBECCA (also adopted for the screen by Hitch) the story couldn't be more simple. A bayside town in California is faced with random bird attacks. Very suspenseful and well acted to boot. Tippi Hedren made her screen debut here and has a fine supporting cast in Rod Taylor, Jessica Tandy, and Suzanne Pleshette. This is a good film for the Halloween season.

• lantio

★★★★ Watched by lantio 13 Oct, 2014

The Birds is one of Hitchcock's most popular movies and although not his best, it is a horror classic that everyone needs to see. It has very dated effects however it is still a fun watch and I highly recommend this film if you haven't seen it.