• Rhia

★★★★★ Watched by Rhia 15 Jun, 2015

YES! Hell. Yes.

Every second from start to finish was excellent and so much better than I ever expected.

It's one of those films I've always been aware of but no one has ever actually talked about, y'know?! it's mentioned in lists about classics or a question in a pub quiz, but I've never heard anyone say more than "It's about birds attacking! it's a Hitchcock film" which is a pretty darn useless thing to say. Why did no one…

• diegohsd

★★★½ Watched by diegohsd 14 Jun, 2015

Ver o reino animal como vilão de um filme de suspense já virou febre ("Tubarão", "Anaconda", "Serpentes a Bordo"), mas nada me tira da cabeça que um "orniterror" como esse só poderia sair das lentes de Hitchcock.

• maria eduarda

★★½ Watched by maria eduarda 10 Jun, 2015

it didn't make sense and it wasn't that good

• Bob Hovey

★★★★½ Rewatched by Bob Hovey 08 Jun, 2015 1

This is the first Hitchcock film I remember seeing in the theater. I was about eleven years old and it scared the crap out of me. Time really hasn't dimmed its impact, I still enjoy watching it every few years and it remains one of the most significant horror films ever made in regard to the way it slowly and carefully builds tension and suspense.

It has a brilliant rhythm, beginning gently, even humorously, as the characters are introduced and…

• catpeople22

★★★★ Added by catpeople22

Coming soon to a theatre near you: Attack of the Killer Budgies!!!

• John Robinson

★★★★½ Watched by John Robinson 06 Jun, 2015

Holds up so well even after 50 years, I always knew birds weren't to be trusted. Also Tippi Hedren is literally perfect wtf.

• Rosp

★★★★ Added by Rosp

Nota: 8,5

• Michael Herrington

★★★★ Watched by Michael Herrington 31 May, 2015

It starts slow, the effects kinda suck, but the last half hour or so TOTALLY makes up for any misgivings I may have. It's a merciless onslaught of frustrating horror. I mean, how do you fight birds? Bat them away? Spray them with a firehose? Nothing seems to work. It's just..... aaaaarrrggghh.

• Alex Fuller

★★★ Watched by Alex Fuller 31 May, 2015

Extremely entertaining in its preposterousness, but preposterous nonetheless. Not for the fact of its premise, though - the bird attacks are genuinely awe-inspiring, and the birds provide the film with some incredible imagery, its strongest quality. But the script is laughably bad at times, both in terms of some highly questionable dialogue and nonsensical plotting which led the quietly outrageous ending to leave me feeling like I'd been slapped in the face with a wet fish. Iconic and riotous, but highly flawed.

• Stacey Bates

★★★ Watched by Stacey Bates 30 May, 2015

I can't help but look at this with a hint of comedy. Anyone who lives on the coast knows that, though seagulls can be frisky enough to snatch the fries you drop at your feet, they are not killer material.
    I'm just like everyone else when it comes to acknowledging the classic genius of Alfred Hitchcock, but unfortunately this is one of his more two-dimensional films. A man and a woman have a little backstory and a flirty relationship, BOOM…

• jack

Watched by jack 29 May, 2015

"i need the biggest seed bell you have... no, that's too big"

a minor comedy masterpiece.

• Olle

★★★★ Watched by Olle 28 May, 2015

Film #8 in the "You haven't seen THAT?!" project.

I remember my teacher when I was 10. I remember how incredibly scared of birds she was. I also remember her telling us that she'd seen The Birds in the cinema as a teenager and she had never been the same again. I don't think I'll feel the way she did about birds after viewing this classic, but I absolutely understand that this film could do that to a person at that time. Those were some evil bitching birds!