• Panta Oz

★★★½ Added by Panta Oz

It is a kind of post-apocalyptic neo-Western and action film directed by the Hughes brothers, written by Gary Whitta, and starring Denzel Washington, Gary Oldman, Mila Kunis, Ray Stevenson, and Jennifer Beals. Everything is revolving around Eli, a nomad in a post-apocalyptic world, who is told by a voice to deliver his copy of a mysterious book to a safe location on the West Coast of the United States. The history of the post-war world is explained along the way,…

• Yuri90

★★★ Watched by Yuri90 18 Aug, 2015

Mi piacciono sempre le atmosfere post apocalittiche. Questo film è però la solita solfa di un sopravvissuto buono che incontra il sopravvissuto cattivo e che la spunta. Mah...un film ammazza tempo.

• Marco Monteiro

★★★ Watched by Marco Monteiro 16 Aug, 2015

Not a bad movie, not a really good one either. But it will do for a Sunday :)

• Rian Miller

★★★★ Rewatched by Rian Miller 27 Jun, 2015

I expected The Book Of Eli to drop a few pegs upon a rewatch, but I still think it's just as inventive and entertaining as the first time I saw it in the theater. Some things do stand out upon a rewatch, such as how beautiful Mila Kunis looks despite spending her entire life in a post-apocalyptic hellhole and how blatantly and unconvincingly the filmmakers hide the big twist involving Denzel's character, but those things don't really bother me. I still love watching Eli lay the smackdown on wasteland rednecks.

• Roger Potersnak

★★★ Watched by Roger Potersnak 14 Aug, 2015

The Book of Eli has a very engaging first Act, but unfortunately, the film fizzles out as it draws to a conclusion.

• Markus Nestele

★★★½ Watched by Markus Nestele 13 Aug, 2015

You came for the book, but you stayed for Eli

• Evan

★★★★ Rewatched by Evan 11 Aug, 2015 2

This is one of those movies I'll always watch whenever I come across it on TV.

Absolutely love the story. Very creative and well executed.

• Randy

★★★★ Watched by Randy 24 May, 2015

The Book of Eli is an excellent and creative film. Rather than have another post apocalyptic film filled with Zombies the Hughes brothers constructed a film with some great content. The cast in this film is great. Its hard to doubt Denzel Washington in any role he's and I think he was most appropriate choice for the role of Eli and Gary Oldman who is one of the most versatile actors of this time was great as the villain. I…

• c. Rich

★★★½ Watched by c. Rich 26 Jul, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Actually pretty darn interesting! The twist, for me, worked-- even though it didn't really mean anything and was hinged on Eli basically being a superhero. I loved the Western vibes, and the world building was cool as fuck.

• Pete Laurie

★★★½ Watched by Pete Laurie 16 Apr, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I like Denzel Washington as an actor. But looking at his IMDB, I realise that I haven’t seen all that many Denzel Washington movies. It also makes me realise that while he makes a lot of popcorn, pay cheque movies, I’ve seen even less of them. Instead, I tend to have seen the wankier, more highbrow movies. But he’s a legit blockbuster movie star, making legit blockbusters. Even the Denzel blockbusters I have seen, like Training Day and Crimson Tide,…

• YUNG SHOWER GEL

★★★★ Watched by YUNG SHOWER GEL 28 Jul, 2015

The bible is cool and all but I think I can write a better bible. Mine would have a whole chapter about a guy named Barry who sells RC helicopter remotes in a parking lot.

• Ben Dugan

★★ Added by Ben Dugan

Well, if I've said it once I've said it... well, I'm not sure. But I know I've said it at least once. But I'm gonna say it again.
    Denzel Washington is a great actor.
    Denzel Washington almost always makes movies I do not like.
    Denzel Washington is in THE BOOK OF ELI.
    I do not like THE BOOK OF ELI.
    However...
    Tom Waits is also in THE BOOK OF ELI. Could that possibly throw a wrench in my perfectly used, previously stated formula?
    (watches THE BOOK OF ELI)
    Nope. This movie is not good. But Tom Waits is cool. So there is that.