• Evertom BlaK

★★★½ Watched by Evertom BlaK 31 Jan, 2016

Com um visual pós-apocalíptico o qual é impossível não se lembrar de "Mad Max", o filme tem uma história um tanto quanto fraca, com um ritmo um pouco lento. Como pontos positivos temos a atuação forte de Denzel Washington dando uma presença grandiosa para o personagem principal, e também a bela fotografia do filme que junto com a direção consegue tomadas longas e em planos-sequências legais! A mensagem final do filme fica um pouco ambígua, onde para uns é exaltado…

• DollarStoreFilm

★★★½ Added by DollarStoreFilm

The BoE surprised me with its layered symbolism and stylized depiction of a post-apocalyptic scenario!

Also, Denzel plays against type in a film worthy of being placed alongside the 'Mad Max' series!

See this if you want a metaphorical look at what religion can do to people pushed into a corner.

• Andy F.

★★★½ Watched by Andy F. 31 Jan, 2016

Possibly a two and a half star movie but I'll go ahead and give it a full star increase for the power that Denzel brings to the role, as well as Gary Oldman. To see these two 90's icons duking it out and aging so well into their old man roles is a pleasure.

The story itself is ridankulous- I mean that in a positive and a negative way. There's nothing else quite like this, and I'll give it credit…

• Danny

★★★★ Watched by Danny 24 Jan, 2016

Not sure why I put off watching this one. Bar the outrageous product placement at the beginning this was an excellent post apocalyptic dystopian action thriller. Denzel being his usual bad ass self with Mila Kunis providing the eye candy and Gary Oldman playing the villain to a tee👌

Guns, gangsters and cannibals.

• Keith Abt

★★ Added by Keith Abt

Denzel Washington is a mysterious (and totally bad-ass) drifter in post apocalyptic America, protecting the last existing copy of the Bible in the world from evildoers.

Very slow-moving at first (it takes forever to get this thing going) but the last hour is great, especially the unexpected payoff at the end. Oh, and it's got Mila Kunis in it. Not bad, but I'd hoped for better.

• Luisa Tolledo

★★★★½ Added by Luisa Tolledo

Great!

• Kely Lucena

★★★½ Watched by Kely Lucena 15 Jan, 2016

Good movie although kinda predictable.

• Arné Jacker

★★★½ Added by Arné Jacker

[...] Natürlich ist Gary Oldman als Carnegie der Villain dieser Geschichte, doch was er sagt, hat einen wahren Kern, egal aus welchem Munde. Uns sagt das also: Religion bedeutet Macht und diese Macht ist geradezu prädestiniert dazu, in die Hände der Falschen zu fallen – in diesem Fall Menschen wie ihm, die nicht am Wohl ihrer Mitmenschen, sondern nur und ausschließlich an ihrem eigenen interessiert sind, die in Religion ein unterdrückerisches Werkzeug sehen und dieses schamlos ausnutzen werden. Die die…

• BiblicalZombie

★★★ Added by BiblicalZombie

Pretty cool movie with two decent main characters with a story that has quite a bit of weight behind it, but does indulge in plot slightly yet still has the poigniancy and interest to be entertaining. Every other character might totally forgettable but even Mila Kunis pulls out a decent performance, though it does pale in comparison to Denzel's badass Zatoichiesque character performance.

It's as biblical as fuck and as badass to boot.

• Hanibalus

Added by Hanibalus

very good...

• Brynn

★★★★ Watched by Brynn 21 Nov, 2015

Finally got around to watching this, and I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Fantastic acting, especially from Denzel, but the story was also well told, and a fitting ending that ties it all together.

• dadgumblah

★★★★½ Added by dadgumblah

Excellent Denzel Washington flick, set in a post-apocalyptic America, where a lone traveler makes his way across the desolate land protecting a special book that may hold the key to saving mankind. He is set upon by scavengers at various times and never fails to kick their butts and/or kill them.

He wanders into a town run by a villainous Gary Oldman, who has heard of the book and the power it could bring. Naturally he wants it for his…