• dr_exploitation

22 de Fevereiro a 7 de Março 2010
    Rivoli Grande Auditório

• Clay

★★½ Watched by Clay 14 Aug, 2014

The Book of Eli is a film that portray a post-apocalyptic world better than most films in the genre. This is what I appreciate most about The Book of Eli, unfortunately the rest gets lost after about 30 minutes.

The Book of Eli opens with a standalone scene of Eli hunting and killing a cat in a dark and minimal setting. This scene would've better served as a pre-release teaser for the movie. Instead it's thrown into the beginning of…

• Zlatko Stojkovski

★★★★½ Added by Zlatko Stojkovski

One of the best movies of 2010. Although a little bit slow at times. Great sets, cinematography, strong performances (especially Denzel Washington's), and well done action scenes. And last, but not least great point. Prophetic tale about our future...

• MatthewLB

★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 13 Aug, 2014

In a post-apocalyptic American a man fights to protect The Book of Eli - a tome which may hold the secret to saving humanity. This movie is so grey to look and I am not kidding you the movie looks so dead inside. this movie has it's slow and boring parts.

• Blackcomb

★★★★½ Watched by Blackcomb 11 Aug, 2014

Beklemmende Post-Apokalyptische Geschichte über Glauben und Hoffnung.

• Roycer924

★★★★★ Added by Roycer924

Superb, contemporary cinematography (RED). Great storyline and performances by Denzel and Gary. Profound message. Perfect soundtrack.

• Charlie Derry

★★★½ Watched by Charlie Derry 02 Aug, 2014

A desperate and powerful dystopia. Denzel Washington and Gary Oldman lead it excellently, and there's a huge twist that you won't see coming.

• 11WordReview

★★★ Watched by 11WordReview 08 Aug, 2014

The Book of Eli (2010)

A desperate and powerful dystopia, with a twist you won't SEE.

6/10

Review by:
    Charlie Derry
    @charliederry
    www.charliederry.com

• genotheitalian

★★★★ Watched by genotheitalian 07 Aug, 2014

Wasn't really expecting to, but I actually loved this film.

• Rodney Terrell

★★★★ Rewatched by Rodney Terrell 05 Aug, 2014

“I know who you are. Murderer of innocent travelers on the road. You're gonna be held to account for the things you've done, do you know that? Do you?”-Eli

I really like The Book of Eli but it’s not hard to understand why so many don’t. It’s not a cynical tale and it takes some strange leaps along the way. I find it to be a very beautiful film. Denzel Washington is one of those actors who can convey so…

• Jonathan Lamb

★★½ Rewatched by Jonathan Lamb 30 Jul, 2014

A competent apocalyptic wasteland action film with enough well directed action and well intended but heavy handed plot reveals to keep you watching.

Whilst Denzel Washington sells his character as a world weary man on a mission, somewhere between Mad Max and Zatoichi. Mila Kunis is hugely miscast as his travelling companion. Mila is a good actor but she does not look like she has been or would survive in the world portrayed in the film. This partly comes down…

• fixbane