• Yvette

★★★½ Watched by Yvette 05 Jul, 2014

I did not see that ending coming.

• Dirk van Eck

★★½ Watched by Dirk van Eck 18 Jul, 2014

Pleasantly surprised by how well the post-apocalyptic world worked for me, given that it had exactly the same, albeit less thoroughly dark, atmosphere as ‘The Road’. I was less pleasantly surprised, however, by the very rough and hard handled symbolism and representation here; finesse was totally lacking in this department, but it at least didn’t go full action blockbuster. Most things that annoyed me, such as the fact that Eli seems to be unexplainably indestructible, were made up for by…

• Jack Dodd

★★ Added by Jack Dodd

tedious and dull, Mila Kunis is terribly miscast, I didn't give a shit about any of the characters, Gary Oldman is over the top and annoying. The story isn't intriguing, and after a nuclear war, I like how the Beats Headphones are clean and intact. Good product placement.

• Stef

★★★★½ Watched by Stef 19 May, 2010

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Thierry D.W.

★★★★½ Watched by Thierry D.W. 08 Jul, 2014

A great intro and an even better end. Gotta love movies like these.

• UberReviews

★★★ Rewatched by UberReviews 04 Jul, 2014

Some great visual-flare with the action scenes aside, there's not really much to The Book of Eli.

The ride is mostly fun, but slow and dull at times, with a really dumb twist at the end.

6/10
    Blu-ray picture 9/10

• huzairuje

Added by huzairuje

this is must watched to everyone, we live in this earth must be a reason

• Knox Gray

★★★½ Added by Knox Gray

One of those film's where the concept is better than the film. The redemption of this film comes with great performances from Denzel Washington and Gary Oldman.

• johnch

★★★½ Watched by johnch 20 Jun, 2014

While the finale is not bad, what came before is more interesting and really well made. Also Gary Oldman.

• Kelly Magovern

★★★ Watched by Kelly Magovern 17 Jun, 2014

This was a decent post-apocalyptic movie.

• Ariel_

★★★½ Watched by Ariel_ 16 Jun, 2014

Arguably the second best spaghetti western of the decade.

• SmokeyDoe

★★★★ Added by SmokeyDoe

Really good movie, a lot like fallout, ect ect ect... Would be a 5 but the idea that god is real xD