• QDB

★★★ Added by QDB

This is as close to Fallout 3: The Movie as we're going to get. The film follows Eli who is crossing the post-apocalyptic former United States (with his eyes set on the west coast) with the last copy of the King James Bible which Carnegie (the ruthless ruler of scavenger town) wants and is more than willing to take by force so he can use the book to control people. This could have easily been turned into a Pro-Christianity schlock…

• Nadine Keels

★★★ Added by Nadine Keels

I know there're different views about whether Eli was or wasn't. I personally think that what he is at the end, he was from the beginning.

• Ganso

★★½ Watched by Ganso 23 Jan, 2015

High definition, christianism and ozploitation is not a good combination.

• Regis Trigo

★★½ Watched by Regis Trigo 09 Oct, 2014

Combinação de "The Walking Dead" (sem os zumbis), "Mad Max" (sem os carros, as motos e as capotagens), e "A Estrada" (sem a filosofia), com uma pitada de pregação religiosa. Denzel Washington está claramente acima do material que lhe é entregue e Oldman, mais uma vez, vários tons acima do recomendado. Genérico e vazio."

• Jason MD-P

★★★★ Added by Jason MD-P

Up until the end, this was an entertaining par-for-the-course post-apolcalyptic film to me. But I was absolutely fascinated with the unabashed religious message from a couple of guys who are not known for being particularly Christian in their approach (From Hell, anyone?). Does that make it a better movie? Four star, even? I'm not sure, but it certainly makes it more memorable. It got me thinking about all kinds of things: would Christians like this movie despite its extreme violence?…

• Clementhino

½ Watched by Clementhino 17 Jan, 2015

Pseudoreligiöser Schas

• Gregory Sahadachny

★★★½ Rewatched by Gregory Sahadachny 14 Jan, 2015

probably one of the most religious/spiritual mainstream Hollywood movies in the modern age.

the Hughes Brothers bring an undeniable style, informed by the post-apocalyptic worlds of A Boy and His Dog, Road Warrior and the Fallout series.

Denzel delivers, as does Oldman (always reliable when he plays bad guys).

Mila Kunis is kind of an albatross of typical wooden acting, meant to be awakened by Eli and to continue his journey.

the twist is still far-fetched, but in light of the overall, i'll let it go. i liked this movie a lot more on subsequent viewings.

• Dominic

★★★★★ Watched by Dominic 12 Jan, 2015

The combination of stellar writing, career performances, and stunning cinematography make this film an experience I wish I hadn't deprived myself of until now.

• TheGreatFaggles

★★★½ Added by TheGreatFaggles

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Fantastic visuals, an interesting story revolving around the bible. Religion has always been used as a tool for control, in fact it was invented as such. Some people are able to somehow magically derive "goodness" from it however, and good on them. The movie had interesting action, it definitely felt as though Eli was protected by some divine power. I however, enjoy my characters realistic. The movie really lost points with me when Mila Kunis' character, turned from a complete…

• Kerlebaby

★★★★ Watched by Kerlebaby 07 Jan, 2015

This was pretty neat. I can't critisize much, except for the lack of violence maybe. This might sound stupid but I think this movie could have done with a lot more. It fits the setting.
    Loved the score.

• Doombreaker

★★★½ Rewatched by Doombreaker 05 Jan, 2015

Ich muss sagen, beim zweiten Mal hat dieser Film mir noch besser gefallen. Er ist nicht perfekt und teilweise vorhersehbar, aber mir macht es Spaß diesen Film zu sehen.
    Es hatte keinen bestimmten, dass ich ihn nocheinmal sehen wollte und es war Zufall, dass ich ihn bei Amazon Instant Video gefunden habe.
    Allerdings hat er es jetzt in meine Sammlung geschafft bzw. auf meine Wunschliste.

• AntAndJules

★★½ Watched by AntAndJules 09 Sep, 2014

It was a little obvious, wasn't it? Extra half star for the fight scenes