• MrSharky

★★★★ Watched by MrSharky 23 Jun, 2015

Still a great film.

The muted colour palette adds so much to the overall post-apocalyptic vision being presented, and the simple story of belief, power and corruption in a world where just surviving is a day-to-day requirement is very well delivered.

• fabitof

Watched by fabitof 10 Jun, 2015

Eu tenho essa mania de querer ver todos os filmes do mundo. Daí me obrigo a assistir a isso. Nesse drama apocalíptico, Denzel Washington é mais uma vez um personagem arrogante. Mas ele não é só arrogante, ele mata uma gangue inteira com um facão, não erra um tiro (mesmo com 50 outros caras atirando contra ele), tem um iPod que funciona (ainda que o mundo como conhecemos já tenha acabado há 30 anos) e sabe de cor e em…

• Jeff M

★★★ Watched by Jeff M 19 Jun, 2015

Nice Beats headphones, Eli ;)

I can appreciate the theme that religion can be used for good or evil, especially in the grand tradition of allegorical science fiction.

It doesn't resonate with me at all.

• Snooze00

★★½ Watched by Snooze00 14 Jun, 2015

It was an average mediocre movie let down by mila kunis. That bird cant act and is so dull and lifeless. She looked like a walking clothing fashion accesory for country road. And where did she get the eyeliner and mascara in this post apocalyptic environment. She ruins every movie ive seen her in. The plot was ok and denzel was good. I didnt really understand what happened to get to this state. It was somerhing about a hole in the ozone or something. I liked the cinematography and i thought that look worked. Overall had some good ideas but overall was fairly uninspired and bland.

• Daniel Toy

★★★★ Rewatched by Daniel Toy 12 Jun, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I was always a little confused about Solara's going off on her own at the end. But this time I think I got it. A detail I didn't notice previously was that Eli memorized the Bible not only by reading it, but by listening to it as well. Which is what Solara is listening to at the end. Eli was like an apostle carrying the word, and now Solara is the apostle. I really enjoy the visual style of this…

• casualtodd

★★★½ Watched by casualtodd 24 May, 2015

Dumb, but not awful. Gary Oldman's overacting easily worth the time spent.

• moviemanwill

★½ Added by moviemanwill

Most disappointing plot twist ever?

• NeutronPong

★★★ Watched by NeutronPong 21 May, 2011

Good dumb fun in a half-dead world. Very silly in parts, but still a good time. Kunis' character was trying, though.

• Richard Murphy

★★½ Added by Richard Murphy

Very disappointing movie. Slow to build up and then finishes poorly. One of Washington's weaker movies

• janethepale

★★★★ Watched by janethepale 08 May, 2015

Lots of fights. Keeps you on the edge of your seat. Good twist.

• Jakub Flasz

Rewatched by Jakub Flasz 03 May, 2015

Having put a bow on the "Mad Max" series I decided to (re)visit "The book of Eli", which I had watched a few years back udner very ambiguous circumstances, but remembered nothing about it. And...

It's such a retarded movie that I think I am now dumber. I really think I left a few IQ points somewhere in that uninspired universe, where Denzel Washington carries the Bible through a post-apocalyptic wasteland, and where Gary Oldman looks for a Bible to…

View

• ♣Dale‼!👌😈: It's not who I am, or what I like, but rather my rating on your favorite movie that defines me