• Devanthar

netter Look
    manche Szenen mit coolen Kamerafahrten

streckenweise etwas langezogen
    Motivation einiger Charaktere nicht nachvollziehbar
    Charaktere bleiben insgesammt etwas blass

• Brian Hann

★★★★★ Added by Brian Hann

A great film with a staggering twist. Excellent

• ejdzsin

★★★★½ Watched by ejdzsin 15 Aug, 2014

Ez egy nagyon durván jó film volt.

• thori

★★★ Rewatched by thori 08 Feb, 2015

Trotz der etwas aufdringlichen religiösen Note, guter Endzeitstreifen mit einem wie immer starken Denzel Washington. Das dem Streifen am Ende etwas die Luft ausgeht kann man verzeihen. Hat einige starke BIlder !

• Chad Anderson

★★★½ Rewatched by Chad Anderson 29 Jan, 2015 2

I like Denzel Washington a lot. I like Gary Oldman a lot. I like the whole Aftermath-ish post-apocalyptic genre and there are a lot of fun bits, including some insane fighting skills by the Eli character, a surprise visit by Malcolm McDowell, a great tea party/gunfight to Anita Ward.

I am torn by the whole Christian element of the plot, which is integral to the story and yet still manages to feel tacked on. I think a more inspiring Christian…

• Anthony Albarran

★★★½ Added by Anthony Albarran

Westen-ish tale of a wandering prophet wandering into the wrong town. Nothing great. Nothing horrible.

• Brent Paton

★★½ Added by Brent Paton

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I saw this in the theater. Good cinematography and muted colors made it visually memorable. Some fun action sequences. Didn't see the twist coming. Thought that the book being the Bible was lame.

• lobohombreriera

★★★ Added by lobohombreriera 2

Heredera evidente de toda una tradición de cine post-apocalíptico, los hermanos Hugues meten a Denzel Washington en una película de samurais futurista con un fuerte subtexto religioso para nada disimulado, puesto que desde muy pronto se sabe cuál es el libro que lleva el prota. Va a por lo seguro, se hace larga y es parca en cuanto a acción, pero las (pocas) escenas de lucha están muy bien, hay un discurso acerca del poder utilitario de la religión interesante…

• QDB

★★½ Added by QDB

This is as close to Fallout 3: The Movie as we're going to get. The film follows Eli who is crossing the post-apocalyptic former United States (with his eyes set on the west coast) with the last copy of the King James Bible which Carnegie (the ruthless ruler of scavenger town) wants and is more than willing to take by force so he can use the book to control people. This could have easily been turned into a Pro-Christianity schlock…

• Nadine Keels

★★★ Added by Nadine Keels

I know there're different views about whether Eli was or wasn't. I personally think that what he is at the end, he was from the beginning.

• Ganso

★★½ Watched by Ganso 23 Jan, 2015

High definition, christianism and ozploitation is not a good combination.

• Regis Trigo

★★½ Watched by Regis Trigo 09 Oct, 2014

Combinação de "The Walking Dead" (sem os zumbis), "Mad Max" (sem os carros, as motos e as capotagens), e "A Estrada" (sem a filosofia), com uma pitada de pregação religiosa. Denzel Washington está claramente acima do material que lhe é entregue e Oldman, mais uma vez, vários tons acima do recomendado. Genérico e vazio."