• MrPootytang

★★★½ Added by MrPootytang

A focused plot with a strong cast and presented with a grey-scaled hue, The Book of Eli is an intriguing movie. Denzel Washington holds everything together with his powerful lead-role. The ending was disappointing, it could've done without Mila Kunis she seemed wastefully added to me.

• AmandaC

★★★ Watched by AmandaC 21 Sep, 2014

Not sure of what to make of this very GREY film, slow to start but enjoyable ending

• G.Wally

★★★★ Watched by G.Wally 17 Jan, 2010

My initial feeling after seeing it in the theater:

Entertaining, but not the action film I'd hoped it to be.
    Thought provoking social commentary, but too many distraction in the story-line to really deliver the point the way I think it may have been intended.

• Fabio Arnold

★★★ Watched by Fabio Arnold 16 Sep, 2014

Schön inszenierte Postapokalyptische Welt.
    Story war gutes Mittelmaß, leider hat irgendwie der kick gefehlt, deswegen auch nur 3*

• Luis F. Mayorgas

★★★½ Rewatched by Luis F. Mayorgas 11 Sep, 2014

El Libro de Eli pasó un poco sin pena ni gloria por la cartelera, y es una lástima, porque dejando aparte el mensaje religioso, que hoy en día pone a más de uno en guardia, es un híbrido bastante logrado entre cine apocalíptico y western de Sergio Leone.

Tenemos un villano estupendo (Gary Oldman, cuando aún no alternaba sus malvados pasados de vuelta con papeles de persona decente), y uno de esos héroes que suele interpretar Denzel Washington, con ese…

• JustinStritt Justin

★★★½ Watched by JustinStritt Justin 07 Sep, 2014

The Hughes Brothers have created this ugly apocalyptic world but at the same time have created a beautiful-looking film that's well directed and well edited.

• Michael Waldron

★★★ Watched by Michael Waldron 07 Sep, 2014 1

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Mandalorian

★★★½ Added by Mandalorian

The Book of Eli was not as bad as I expected going in. The movie has a religious message that will turn alot of nonbelievers off, if they cannot get past it. Being somewhat of a neutral person when it comes to religion, I enjoyed the movie as just what it was, a movie. And if it makes you feel any better, one of the Hughes Brothers is an atheist. So if an atheist can direct a film about the…

• dr_exploitation

★★ Watched by dr_exploitation 05 Mar, 2010

30º Fantasporto
    22 de Fevereiro a 7 de Março 2010
    Rivoli Grande Auditório

• Clay

★★½ Watched by Clay 14 Aug, 2014

The Book of Eli is a film that portray a post-apocalyptic world better than most films in the genre. This is what I appreciate most about The Book of Eli, unfortunately the rest gets lost after about 30 minutes.

The Book of Eli opens with a standalone scene of Eli hunting and killing a cat in a dark and minimal setting. This scene would've better served as a pre-release teaser for the movie. Instead it's thrown into the beginning of…

• Zlatko Stojkovski

★★★★½ Added by Zlatko Stojkovski

One of the best movies of 2010. Although a little bit slow at times. Great sets, cinematography, strong performances (especially Denzel Washington's), and well done action scenes. And last, but not least great point. Prophetic tale about our future...

• MatthewLB

★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 13 Aug, 2014

In a post-apocalyptic American a man fights to protect The Book of Eli - a tome which may hold the secret to saving humanity. This movie is so grey to look and I am not kidding you the movie looks so dead inside. this movie has it's slow and boring parts.