• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★½ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Wonderful adventurous post-apocalyptic west film. As usual for Gary Oldman, he gives an earth-shaking performance. Excellent fight-scenes for Denzel.

• Julia

★★★★½ Added by Julia

Well, this movie was great. When watching it, no one told me I'm going to like it. So I watched it as I would watch any action/adventure movie. And it wasn't even boring. And of course, the ending was what made the movie different from others alike. And the ending is also the reason I liked it so much.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 17 Jul, 2013

Rating: A

• KMOKLER

★★½ Added by KMOKLER

The Book of Eli is an OK action movie but at times so dark its dull but thanks to Gary Oldman's great villanous role and Denzel Washington's badassary it doesn't make the movie looks as bad as it actually is.

• MrPootytang

★★★½ Added by MrPootytang

A focused plot with a strong cast and presented with a grey-scaled hue, The Book of Eli is an intriguing movie. Denzel Washington holds everything together with his powerful lead-role. The ending was disappointing, it could've done without Mila Kunis she seemed wastefully added to me.

• AmandaC

★★★ Watched by AmandaC 21 Sep, 2014

Not sure of what to make of this very GREY film, slow to start but enjoyable ending

• G.Wally

★★★★ Watched by G.Wally 17 Jan, 2010

My initial feeling after seeing it in the theater:

Entertaining, but not the action film I'd hoped it to be.
    Thought provoking social commentary, but too many distraction in the story-line to really deliver the point the way I think it may have been intended.

• Fabio Arnold

★★★ Watched by Fabio Arnold 16 Sep, 2014

Schön inszenierte Postapokalyptische Welt.
    Story war gutes Mittelmaß, leider hat irgendwie der kick gefehlt, deswegen auch nur 3*

• Luis F. Mayorgas

★★★½ Rewatched by Luis F. Mayorgas 11 Sep, 2014

El Libro de Eli pasó un poco sin pena ni gloria por la cartelera, y es una lástima, porque dejando aparte el mensaje religioso, que hoy en día pone a más de uno en guardia, es un híbrido bastante logrado entre cine apocalíptico y western de Sergio Leone.

Tenemos un villano estupendo (Gary Oldman, cuando aún no alternaba sus malvados pasados de vuelta con papeles de persona decente), y uno de esos héroes que suele interpretar Denzel Washington, con ese…

• JustinStritt Justin

★★★½ Watched by JustinStritt Justin 07 Sep, 2014

The Hughes Brothers have created this ugly apocalyptic world but at the same time have created a beautiful-looking film that's well directed and well edited.

• Michael Waldron

★★★ Watched by Michael Waldron 07 Sep, 2014 1

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Mandalorian

★★★½ Added by Mandalorian

The Book of Eli was not as bad as I expected going in. The movie has a religious message that will turn alot of nonbelievers off, if they cannot get past it. Being somewhat of a neutral person when it comes to religion, I enjoyed the movie as just what it was, a movie. And if it makes you feel any better, one of the Hughes Brothers is an atheist. So if an atheist can direct a film about the…