• Andy

★★½ Added by Andy

Ok a parte il messaggio cristiano...che si poteva evitare...come si dovrebbe evitare di mettere sta cazzo di religione dappertutto...

• Kaisergustaf

★★★ Rewatched by Kaisergustaf 11 Jan, 2014

Doomsday films rock and Wenzel is good in this. He is fit and the fighting scenes are amazing. Great grey world. Gary Oldman cements the film.

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★½ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Wonderful adventurous post-apocalyptic west film. As usual for Gary Oldman, he gives an earth-shaking performance. Excellent fight-scenes for Denzel.

• Julia

★★★★½ Added by Julia

Well, this movie was great. When watching it, no one told me I'm going to like it. So I watched it as I would watch any action/adventure movie. And it wasn't even boring. And of course, the ending was what made the movie different from others alike. And the ending is also the reason I liked it so much.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 17 Jul, 2013

Rating: A

• KMOKLER

★★½ Added by KMOKLER

The Book of Eli is an OK action movie but at times so dark its dull but thanks to Gary Oldman's great villanous role and Denzel Washington's badassary it doesn't make the movie looks as bad as it actually is.

• MrPootytang

★★★½ Added by MrPootytang

A focused plot with a strong cast and presented with a grey-scaled hue, The Book of Eli is an intriguing movie. Denzel Washington holds everything together with his powerful lead-role. The ending was disappointing, it could've done without Mila Kunis she seemed wastefully added to me.

• AmandaC

★★★ Watched by AmandaC 21 Sep, 2014

Not sure of what to make of this very GREY film, slow to start but enjoyable ending

• G.Wally

★★★★ Watched by G.Wally 17 Jan, 2010

My initial feeling after seeing it in the theater:

Entertaining, but not the action film I'd hoped it to be.
    Thought provoking social commentary, but too many distraction in the story-line to really deliver the point the way I think it may have been intended.

• Fabio Arnold

★★★ Watched by Fabio Arnold 16 Sep, 2014

Schön inszenierte Postapokalyptische Welt.
    Story war gutes Mittelmaß, leider hat irgendwie der kick gefehlt, deswegen auch nur 3*

• Luis F. Mayorgas

★★★½ Rewatched by Luis F. Mayorgas 11 Sep, 2014

El Libro de Eli pasó un poco sin pena ni gloria por la cartelera, y es una lástima, porque dejando aparte el mensaje religioso, que hoy en día pone a más de uno en guardia, es un híbrido bastante logrado entre cine apocalíptico y western de Sergio Leone.

Tenemos un villano estupendo (Gary Oldman, cuando aún no alternaba sus malvados pasados de vuelta con papeles de persona decente), y uno de esos héroes que suele interpretar Denzel Washington, con ese…

• JustinStritt Justin

★★★½ Watched by JustinStritt Justin 07 Sep, 2014

The Hughes Brothers have created this ugly apocalyptic world but at the same time have created a beautiful-looking film that's well directed and well edited.