• unclenugget

Rewatched by unclenugget 12 Nov, 2015

Didn't think this was one that I would see again, not that I have that much against it, I like the actors and its director 1/3rd of the time. Really but it just seems like the big budget equivalent of a midday movie and it still takes a lot of suspension of disbelief given all we know about American billionaire business men that one would take a poor person around the world with them. Anyway this was playing on a bus I was on.

• Filipe Ferraz

★★★★ Watched by Filipe Ferraz 02 Nov, 2015

É fato que funciona basicamente como um livro de autoajuda, porém ao ser bem claro desde seus minutos iniciais sobre sua proposta, me parece injusto cobrar algo a mais do que o entregue, destacando-se, portanto, como uma produção sincera e que a cada cena comprova ter sido realizada com enorme carinho pelos experientes Reiner, Freeman e Nicholson, fato que me impede de não reconhecer os méritos do longa.

• Mattias Eriksson

★★★ Watched by Mattias Eriksson 15 Oct, 2015

I liked Nicholson and Freeman in it and it hit me pretty hard emotionally in the end but getting there felt a bit underwhelming.

• mjbillington

★★★★ Watched by mjbillington 19 Oct, 2015

Inarguably this movie has faults, the biggest of which being the simplistic outline of the two characters. However, past that, the script is for the most part fresh, even insightful at times. It does not mean that there are no cliches and sometimes the movies does chase after the cheap feel-good moments, but for the most part it feels quite honest and is very touching.

• Dave Holmes

★★★½ Added by Dave Holmes

Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson are the same age? Yep. I had to check when I saw this "grumpy old men" redux, cause I thought it was a stretch pairing Freeman (who's looked about 50 for the past 30 years) and Smiling Jack (who's aged so bloatedly his sunglasses and nymphets routine isn't cute anymore). Freeman looks sensational for his age, and Jack - well - his ride through life's been worth the physical punishment I hope. They are both…

• JC13

★★★½ Watched by JC13 27 Sep, 2015

"Forty-five years goes by pretty fast."- Carter Chambers

Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman in a movie together? Hell yes. That's all I needed to know about this film to be interested in it and it didn't disappoint. Both Nicholson and Freeman are great in their given roles and their chemistry together is incredible. The story was really good and well executed. The film has a strong emotional core to it and I found it to be quite powerful at times.…

• James Malley

★★½ Watched by James Malley 26 Sep, 2015

I appreciated the dramatic moments in this movie much more than the zany antics, and Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman are just two legendary actors. Even so, the melodrama eventually wore thin on me as this movie's a good 10-15 minutes too long.

• Ordinair

★★★★½ Watched by Ordinair 25 Sep, 2015

I was a bit unhappy until I watched this movie. Now I am happy as hell! True feel good!

• pawlytor

★★★½ Watched by pawlytor 14 Sep, 2015

Morgan y Jack. Jack y Morgan. Genio y genio.

• BennyWestside

★★★½ Added by BennyWestside

Dying never looked so good.

• feedingbrett

★★½ Watched by feedingbrett 21 Aug, 2015 2

Death is frightening, once a diagnosis has fallen upon your shoulders, often times it crushes you and potentially reinvent you. That was the case for Rob Reiner’s two “developed” gentlemen, plagued with cancers, underwent therapy that only minimised the efforts of their illness, driven to fulfil the last remaining moments of their lives, a joint adventure that would both be fun and life-affirming. An outcome that unfortunately doesn’t translate as effectively to those from the outside looking in. A filmmaker,…

• Randy

★★★ Watched by Randy 26 Jan, 2015

The Bucket List is a film that had so much potential. The trailers really played it up as I recall and it looked like it was going to be a really strong film. I was late watching this film but I have realized that it has already lost some of it significance after 8 years and I'm sure that at some point it won't matter at all. Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson give the audience be expectations and they really do their best, but I just find the film crudely shot and the script is below average. This film could've been a true memorable film.