• JC13

★★★½ Watched by JC13 27 Sep, 2015

"Forty-five years goes by pretty fast."- Carter Chambers

Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman in a movie together? Hell yes. That's all I needed to know about this film to be interested in it and it didn't disappoint. Both Nicholson and Freeman are great in their given roles and their chemistry together is incredible. The story was really good and well executed. The film has a strong emotional core to it and I found it to be quite powerful at times.…

• James Malley

★★½ Watched by James Malley 26 Sep, 2015

I appreciated the dramatic moments in this movie much more than the zany antics, and Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman are just two legendary actors. Even so, the melodrama eventually wore thin on me as this movie's a good 10-15 minutes too long.

• Ordinair

★★★★½ Watched by Ordinair 25 Sep, 2015

I was a bit unhappy until I watched this movie. Now I am happy as hell! True feel good!

• pawlytor

★★★½ Watched by pawlytor 14 Sep, 2015

Morgan y Jack. Jack y Morgan. Genio y genio.

• BennyWestside

★★★½ Added by BennyWestside

Dying never looked so good.

• feedingbrett

★★½ Watched by feedingbrett 21 Aug, 2015 2

Death is frightening, once a diagnosis has fallen upon your shoulders, often times it crushes you and potentially reinvent you. That was the case for Rob Reiner’s two “developed” gentlemen, plagued with cancers, underwent therapy that only minimised the efforts of their illness, driven to fulfil the last remaining moments of their lives, a joint adventure that would both be fun and life-affirming. An outcome that unfortunately doesn’t translate as effectively to those from the outside looking in. A filmmaker,…

• Randy

★★★ Watched by Randy 26 Jan, 2015

The Bucket List is a film that had so much potential. The trailers really played it up as I recall and it looked like it was going to be a really strong film. I was late watching this film but I have realized that it has already lost some of it significance after 8 years and I'm sure that at some point it won't matter at all. Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson give the audience be expectations and they really do their best, but I just find the film crudely shot and the script is below average. This film could've been a true memorable film.

• Challah Bread

Watched by Challah Bread 03 Aug, 2015

Boring filmmaking from a guy who knows better, as seems to be the trend lately, and a gross misuse of Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. I didn’t want to be the Letterboxd cynic who has barely anything but a snark to say but I really do feel like I wasted my time. Ironically, it was on a random bucket list that I saw this, added for the novelty. “Watch The Bucket List.” So I figured, why not, I’ll do that…

• isabel

★★★★ Watched by isabel 22 Jul, 2015

i never thought i'd need nicholson and freeman laughing until they cry so much in my life, damn

• Maia Olorin

★★★ Rewatched by Maia Olorin 09 Jul, 2015

Freeman's voice is just too charming.

• Lonely_Gigolo

★★ Added by Lonely_Gigolo

Moral of the story: be corny!

• Rosp