• Harvey Gardner

★★★½ Watched by Harvey Gardner 22 Jul, 2014

Very conventional Hollywood, but enjoyable and heartwarming nonetheless. The section at the beginning set in the hospital is by far the strongest section of the film, as it highlights the character development of the two leads very well. Jack Nicholson is great, and Freeman is a fantastic screen presence, although not as great an actor. The Globetrotting was fun and the ending was tear-inducing. It's extremely sappy with a run of the mill script, but worth a watch.

• Stef

★★★½ Watched by Stef 19 Mar, 2008

A bit slow moving and, to be frank, boring. The ending made up for it, though - it was stunning.

• Kieron Moore

★★★½ Rewatched by Kieron Moore 26 Jun, 2014

Overly sentimental? That's what a lot of reviewers seem to think, but I found The Bucket List delightful. Despite it occasionally lacking on the laughs, Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson make their characters a joy to watch, and I had a tear in my eye towards the end. Maybe I'm just a big soppy blanket.

• JoseIgnacioWert

★★★½ Added by JoseIgnacioWert

El oficio de Rob Reiner y un guión muy bien trabajado consiguen que a uno se le caigan, al poco de comenzada la proyección, los evidentes prejuicios que una propuesta de estas características podían provocar. Porque el recital interpretativo de Nicholson y Freeman se daba por supuesto.

Un filme recomendable, que mereció más repercusión de la que obtuvo. Un exitoso intento de hacer cine “de personajes” apto para el público más proclive a lo comercial.

• dr_exploitation

★★★ Watched by dr_exploitation 30 May, 2008

UCI Arrábida 20
    Price: 4€20

• astrohkid

★★½ Watched by astrohkid 16 Jun, 2014

The Bucket List is perhaps the most mediocre film ever made. Pretty light, completely harmless, has fun moments, but doesn't exceed in any real aspect. Dull direction, acceptable performances that are only really *outstanding* because of Nicholson and Freeman. I don't know what else to say other than it's fine. Nothing more, nothing less.

• ellisjonsson

★★ Added by ellisjonsson

Anton, varför tycker alla att denna är så hiiiiiimla otroligt fin, mysig och framför allt, bra? Lite småmysig men måste ju vara en av dom tråkigaste filmerna.. snark! Två stjärnor för stjärnorna i filmen.

• Lee Curtis

★★★½ Watched by Lee Curtis 11 Jun, 2014

Rob Reiner's The Bucket List is predictably sentimental, but not nearly as sappy as many feared. Built entirely around the astonishingly previously unseen dual casting of Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, Justin Zackham's narrative follows two terminally ill cancer patients as they embark on a road trip with a wish list of things to do before they kick the bucket.

Not only is the prince and pauper dynamic of their characters' friendship remarkably authentic, but also supplies the necessary moments…

• TajLV

★★★★ Added by TajLV

Nicholson. Freeman. What more is there to say. See this!!

• addicted2dvd

★★★ Rewatched by addicted2dvd 12 May, 2014

This film is a weird one in my mind. It is one I wanted to upgrade to the Blu-ray... even though it isn't one of the best films I ever seen. I really don't know why I had the urge to upgrade it... but I did. I guess it has something to do with the fact that I am a fan of both Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. The film itself is a good one. It is entertaining... but I…

• Charlie Derry

★★★★ Watched by Charlie Derry 12 May, 2014

Crying wasn't on my list of things to do today, but The Bucket List is such a lovely film. Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman are both excellent, but it was their scenes in bed rather than the ones fulfilling their bucket list that I enjoyed the most. It was painful to watch at times but so heart-warming as well.

• WAHart91

★★★½ Watched by WAHart91 04 May, 2014

Heart warming comedy.
    some of the green screen used is a little cheesy/ obvious but works to make the film feel quaint.
    If you are writing your bucket list I would recommend watching this to get yourself inspired.