• Beggarsoshat

★★★½ Added by Beggarsoshat

Better than average summer camp slasher. Plot is minimal at best but a couple of the victims are surprisingly likeable.

• Dan

★★★★½ Watched by Dan 07 Dec, 2016

A summer camp caretaker is horribly burnt and disfigured thanks to a prank gone wrong by some of the campers. Years later he is back to terrorize a nearby summer camp and confront one of the campers responsible for his condition.

As a preteen, there were two films that traumatized me: Stephen King's It and a film involving death by garden shears. I never figured out what that movie was because I was at a sleepover and immediately ran upstairs…

• Tristiac

★★★ Watched by Tristiac 03 Dec, 2016

Blatant Friday the 13th ripoff that is a good deal better than most of the Friday the 13th movies.

• Nanni Cobretti

Watched by Nanni Cobretti 01 Dec, 2016

Slasher super-medio assolutamente dimenticabile se non fosse che 1) compaiono una serie di fazze insospettabili pre-fama (Fisher Stevens, Jason Alexander, Holly Hunter, Leah Ayres di Bloodsport) e 2) c'è una sequenza in mezzo davvero notevole e violentissima, che trovate su Youtube alla voce "infamous raft massacre scene".

• fincky87

★★★½ Rewatched by fincky87 29 Nov, 2016

Sehr gelungener Slasher, kann man immer wieder gucken. Wenn man fies ist, könnte man sagen, dass The Burning der beste Film der Friday The 13th Reihe ist, aber psssssssst. Sympathische Figuren, blutige Kills, ein interessanter 80s Score, gelungene Camp-Atmosphäre, nur der Anfang ist recht schleppend.

• robert m. reyes

★★★ Watched by robert m. reyes 29 Nov, 2016

If you're a fan of classic slasher horror, this is one of the best. Horny, gory and full of teens making terrible decisions, The Burning feature all kinds of faces and names in front of and behind the camera that will remind you that everyone was young once but NEVER play a prank on somebody that involves fire. Just don't.

• Cassius Creswell

★★★½ Watched by Cassius Creswell 28 Nov, 2016

It's impossible to watch this film and not compare it to Friday the 13th, in that most people go into The Burning having already seen the former, myself included. I was originally skeptical, as it does hit a lot of the same beats and tropes. But I was also surprised, seriously.

I can't explain it any better than explaining how this film handles...well, nothing. In Friday, they would show Alice making coffee or Marcie taking a shower or the counselors…

• Dirk Diggler

★★★★ Watched by Dirk Diggler 23 Nov, 2016

Oh Harvey Weinstein. A good producer, you are. A good screenwriter... you are not.

But at least this movie about a deformed camp counselor murdering campers is delicious junk food, and it's a shame that it was buried by Friday the 13th. Well, kind of a shame -- as fun as it is, I think we're better off without a sequel.

• dshie24601

★★★★ Rewatched by dshie24601 12 Nov, 2016

Great film

• kike herrmann

★★ Watched by kike herrmann 19 Nov, 2016

• Joe

★★★★½ Rewatched by Joe 12 Nov, 2016

2nd time watching it this year, except this time on a big screen, and it was still just as enjoyable. Top tier slasher film.

• Craig Dawson

★★★ Rewatched by Craig Dawson 08 Oct, 2016

A former summer camp caretaker, horribly burned from a prank gone wrong, lurks around an upstate New York summer camp bent on killing the teenagers responsible for his disfigurement.

I saw this years ago, but when the new 4K restoration was shown as part of Grimmfest on my birthday, I was always going to go. You forget how times have changed in regards to gender politics, I'm no way part of what people would call the SJW world, but there…