• Ash

★★★½ Watched by Tylerw065 27 Apr, 2016

They lose some canoes.

• R Stefaniuk

★★★ Watched by R Stefaniuk 16 Apr, 2016

jason alexander really saves this one

• Cody Love

★★★★★ Watched by Cody Love 12 Apr, 2016

Fast times at Camp Blackfoot.

• alambert0811

★★★½ Watched by alambert0811 10 Apr, 2016

Slasher cliches abound, but this is still a fun entry in the genre. It definitely delivers what it promises. One nice surprise is that the kids actually seem like kids, and some of them are likable enough that when they're killed off, you actually recognize them each as individuals, and maybe even care a bit.

• EvanstonDad

★★½ Added by EvanstonDad

"The Burning" is one of the legion of "Friday the 13th" rip-offs that came out in the 80s and, like many of its fellow imitators, makes a better movie than the one it's borrowing from.

"The Burning" has a nearly identical premise to the "Friday" series: some camp kids are responsible for the death of someone, and that someone comes back years later to seek his revenge by picking off an unlucky bunch of counselors and campers one by one.…

• Arex_Dickey

★★½ Watched by Arex_Dickey 10 Apr, 2016

Why do I keep kidding myself with these slasher movies?  I've probably only honestly enjoyed a small handful of the ones I've actually finished. A sub-genre I just can't quite get behind I guess. I will admit a few positive things about The Burning: it's not boring, it's technically well made, and it co-stars a dweeby little skeleton-boy of a young Fisher Stevens (as well as other young, dumpy, now famous folk).  I'm all about that canoe scene though. That was some ferocious, frantic, frenzied editing right there. Other than that, gag me with some garden shears.

• RussellD

★★★★ Watched by RussellD 07 Apr, 2016

As far as summer camp slasher flicks go, this is really one of the better ones. A lot of great gore effects and cool death scenes, as well as characters that more well developed and likable than they tend to be in most of these types of films, make for a fun watch. Definitely worth checking out if your a slasher film fan.

• Paolo Carone

★★★½ Added by Paolo Carone

What's that old saying, "an ugly groundskeeper dies two deaths"?

• Jordan McLaughlin

★★★★ Watched by Jordan McLaughlin 08 Apr, 2016

Honestly, better than the original Friday the 13th. Had much better death scenes and much more memorable characters.

• Curtis Loves Movies

★★★ Watched by Curtis Loves Movies 01 Apr, 2016 1

Beat up old (probably original) 35mm print. Balcony of my favorite historic movie theatre. Great friends all around me. Tom Savini make-up effects. Soapy boobs. Winning the pre-show raffle. What a great time!

WTF moment #1: Writing credits by Bob & Harvey Weinstein???

WTF moment #2: The infamous raft massacre was completely cut out of the print??? At some point in this film print's history, someone removed that entire scene, either for censorship or to steal it. Here's what was missing (from about 1:38 on):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lekxSn2RpnM

• Robert Humanick

★★★½ Watched by Robert Humanick 01 Apr, 2016

This seemed to have been an original, highly edited cut of the film (for instance, there was no raft massacre, only the discovery of the aftermath), and the print was also colored pink/red throughout (a type of film damage I'd never seen before; it was a fitting filter on this movie, I think). Good audience.