• wormb0t

★★½ Watched by wormb0t 19 Aug, 2016

Buena película para ser de los 80s y de terror. Me gustó la toma de la sangre escurriendo por la mano.

• Roi

★★½ Added by Roi

This movie is run of the mill in comparison to other horror movies of the '80s. Apparently it's similar to Friday the 13th, but I haven't seen that movie yet, so I don't know if that's true.

• Steve Hunt

★★★½ Rewatched by Steve Hunt 12 Aug, 2016

It's hard to mind how shamelessly the Weinsteins lifted from the burgeoning slasher trends of the time with their first big original film when the results are as nice as they are here. I think the biggest thing that sets this apart from the other films of its kind was having kids play, well, kids, as the younger age of the actors helps sell the danger that they're all in when Cropsy finally comes a-callin'. While there aren't any particularly…

• Michelle Buchman

★★★ Watched by Michelle Buchman 05 Aug, 2016

Three stars for ridiculous death scenes alone.

• mylovelycinema

★★ Watched by mylovelycinema 07 Aug, 2016

Рипофф «Пятницы, 13-е», растасканный по кусочкам в ее же сиквелах. Равнозначный эквивалент фильму Каннингема, точно также устаревший к сегодняшнему дню.

• Spider Borg

★★★ Watched by Spider Borg 07 Aug, 2016

Some pretty good laughs in this one. It was better than I expected.

• S. B. Prime

★★½ Watched by S. B. Prime 05 Aug, 2016

It is impossible to see anything but young George Costanza in Jason Alexander.

Moderately entertaining summer camp psycho slasher fare, boasting at least one certifiably great (even iconic) murder sequence, followed by a deadly fade to red.

In its final sequence, THE BURNING becomes more of an adventure movie than anything else with its high-angle shots making its characters look like mice in a maze. I wanted more of this, but its duration was probably adequate. However, I don't for…

• dshie24601

★★★½ Watched by dshie24601 03 Aug, 2016

Great 80's film

• NedFlanders

★★★★ Watched by NedFlanders 01 Aug, 2016

It's all worth it for the end - the VERY end. :)

• Michael Schutz

★★★★ Added by Michael Schutz

So much fun! Granted, mainly The Burning is good because of its finely aged kitsch (and Jason Alexander hamming it up--but how genius of him, getting himself to stand out, like in the cafeteria scene lol). The Weinsteins have come a long way, but they clearly have always had a good nose for movies.

• Joe

★★★★½ Watched by Joe 29 Jul, 2016

This movie fucking rules.

• Sean M

★★★★½ Watched by Sean M 30 Jul, 2016

Savini's gore is a fucking masterpiece. This movie is so damn good. I think it might be the perfect slasher. Like. It hits everything I want. I'm in love.