• Andy Lunn

★★★★★ Watched by Andy Lunn 15 Dec, 2014 1

I love a good slasher, but somehow I'd got to 38 years of age without ever seeing 'The Burning'

What a mistake that was. The Burning is a very well made, very gory, classic of the slasher genre. The raft massacre sequence alone is worthy of five stars, it's so good. It's rare that I watch a movie (particularly an 80's movie) with my jaw hanging down in amazement; but this really was something special.

Forgive the pun, but this was a shear delight.

• Sc8lo

★★½ Rewatched by Sc8lo 20 Nov, 2014

Has all the basics of the Slasher movie. Try watch the uncut version to make it worthwhile.

• Buboven

★★★★ Watched by Buboven 11 Dec, 2014

Why isn't this the classic 80's slasher. Much better than the original F13th and like Bay of Blood, it seems overlooked compared to the former.

• dave

★★★½ Watched by dave 10 Dec, 2014

This is one entertaining summer camp slasher flick. I mean it has been done so many times before, the scorned loser comes back to take revenge on a bunch of horny teenagers. This was no different than that really. But for some reason i had fun while watching. The gore and effects arent great, but its an early 80s horror flick, not so surprising. I really enjoyed seeing a very young jason alexander, seeing him so full of life, optimism and hair, it was great.

• Ben Lane

★★★½ Watched by Ben Lane 05 Dec, 2014

Despite feeling a bit too much like 'Friday the 13th' meets 'A Nightmare on Elm Street,' 'The Burning' is a cheap and effective little slasher that lays on the thrills and creates a finely scary "campfire killer" tone.

• Kyle Kubler

★★★½ Watched by Kyle Kubler 30 Nov, 2014

Top-notch slasher with great characters and tense situations. Suprised this doesn't have a zillion sequels.

• PertorbatDeVic

★★ Watched by PertorbatDeVic 23 Nov, 2014

Cinquanta minuts per veure el primer adolescent assassinat és més del què estic disposat a aguantar per un Slasher de segona. Menys mal que ens entreté i alleuja amb un nu integral força valent i amb una dosi més que generosa de pits, d'incongruències i d'estupideses juvenils típiques del gènere.

• john runion

★★★½ Rewatched by john runion 22 Nov, 2014

the rick wakeman score stinks.

• Luke Field

★★★ Rewatched by Luke Field 15 Nov, 2014

Movie #3 in Day Wasters: The 24-Hour Movie Marathon Show Episode 1.

• Matt Reifschneider

★★★½ Watched by Matt Reifschneider 07 Nov, 2014

While The Burning was almost literally a dollar short and a day late as it was more expensive and released a week late compared to Friday the 13th Part 2, overall the film is substantially better. Even though the film hits quite a few slasher tropes in its first half (some to hilarious effect), the second half of the film really piles on some decent tension and impressive kills.

• Mirthbound

★★★★★ Watched by Mirthbound 08 Nov, 2014

Lulls you in by indulging in actual camping only to hit you with a blood bath barrage.

• mattcebreros

★★★★ Added by mattcebreros

One of my favorite 80's slasher flicks.