• PertorbatDeVic

★★ Watched by PertorbatDeVic 23 Nov, 2014

Cinquanta minuts per veure el primer adolescent assassinat és més del què estic disposat a aguantar per un Slasher de segona. Menys mal que ens entreté i alleuja amb un nu integral força valent i amb una dosi més que generosa de pits, d'incongruències i d'estupideses juvenils típiques del gènere.

• john runion

★★★½ Rewatched by john runion 22 Nov, 2014

the rick wakeman score stinks.

• Luke Field

★★★ Rewatched by Luke Field 15 Nov, 2014

Movie #3 in Day Wasters: The 24-Hour Movie Marathon Show Episode 1.

• Matt Reifschneider

★★★½ Watched by Matt Reifschneider 07 Nov, 2014

While The Burning was almost literally a dollar short and a day late as it was more expensive and released a week late compared to Friday the 13th Part 2, overall the film is substantially better. Even though the film hits quite a few slasher tropes in its first half (some to hilarious effect), the second half of the film really piles on some decent tension and impressive kills.

• Mirthbound

★★★★★ Watched by Mirthbound 08 Nov, 2014

Lulls you in by indulging in actual camping only to hit you with a blood bath barrage.

• mattcebreros

★★★★ Added by mattcebreros

One of my favorite 80's slasher flicks.

• BilltheThrill

★★★½ Watched by BilltheThrill 22 Oct, 2014 2

The Burning is my new favorite of the summer camp slashers due in large part to the characters all being either likable or hilarious--George Costanza from Seinfeld is clearly both of those in this outrageous early role. I love how the first hour or so is surprisingly good exposition and character development, however, there is also enough gore and nudity to keep fans of the sleazier aspects of the genre satisfied.

• Cinemaddict

★★½ Watched by Cinemaddict 16 Oct, 2014

Hoop-Tober #19
    Cinema Horrorama #22

Other than being reasonably well produced, and featuring a young and awkward Jason Alexander, I didn't see a whole lot to like here. Oh yeah, the raft scene! Okay, that was fuckin sweet. And yes, the movie spends a lot of time building the characters before they go out into the woods to be slaughtered. But I think what they forgot to do was write a hero into the script. Or at least someone to…

• seth

★★★½ Rewatched by seth 30 Oct, 2014

that raft scene gets me every time

• cakefactory

★★½ Watched by cakefactory 03 Oct, 2014

This is fondly remembered for some reason, but it's basically just another Friday the 13th clone. A mean old man gets burned up by campers in a prank gone wrong, and then he comes back and kills a whole bunch of OTHER campers in retaliation. It's notable for the incredibly nasty gore effects and for starring Jason Alexander with hair (yes, he sounded exactly like George even when he was playing a young happy guy). It's watchable but certainly has…

• Tyler Dixon

★★★★ Rewatched by Tyler Dixon 01 Oct, 2014

Halloween Marathon 2014
    Day 1

• Samuel

★★★ Watched by Samuel 27 Oct, 2014

Part of: My 31 days of HORROR

Whew, it's over. I think I'm gonna watch something other than horror movies for a while now. Maybe.

Fun sleazy little slasher flick with some good effects and lots of nudity. Surprisingly it also has nice atmosphere, makes you wish it was summer.