• Hollie Horror

★★★★★ Rewatched by Hollie Horror 22 Feb, 2015 4

A mutual love for The Burning helped ignite the relationship that resulted in the marriage between Richard and I.

For that biased reason alone, this movie deserves every star and heart I'm able to offer it.

• Andy Lunn

★★★★★ Watched by Andy Lunn 15 Dec, 2014 2

I love a good slasher, but somehow I'd got to 38 years of age without ever seeing 'The Burning'

What a mistake that was. The Burning is a very well made, very gory, classic of the slasher genre. The raft massacre sequence alone is worthy of five stars, it's so good. It's rare that I watch a movie (particularly an 80's movie) with my jaw hanging down in amazement; but this really was something special.

Forgive the pun, but this was a shear delight.

• Mirthbound

★★★★★ Watched by Mirthbound 08 Nov, 2014

Lulls you in by indulging in actual camping only to hit you with a blood bath barrage.

View

• Chris 'Can You Fly Bobby'

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chris 'Can You Fly Bobby' 29 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

"Don't look, he'll see you. Don't breathe, he'll hear you. Don't move... you're dead!"

wow, its been a while since I've been on here, nearly a year in fact! Winter is on the horizon and I need something to do for the next couple of months while the weather isn't so good. Anyway enough with the small talk. The reason I'm here is because I re-watched one of my favourite slashers today, not just any old re-watch but a watch…

• kaila Starr

★★★★★ Rewatched by kaila Starr 26 Jan, 2014

anyone wanna go to summer camp ?

• Husejn Mujkanović

★★★★★ Watched by Husejn Mujkanović 24 Aug, 2013

Pravi biser iz 80' toga žanra, jedan od boljih slašera što sam gledao!

• Dayna Newman

★★★★★ Added by Dayna Newman

"The Burning" is hands down my favorite slasher film of the 80's..
    I personally love the killer in the woods slashers the best and this is the perfect premise.This film starts as a flashback "of course".

The kids at a summer camp play a trick that goes terribly wrong on Cropsy the mean spirited grounds keeper and he is burned beyond recognition, Flash to hospital where the horribly burned and disfigured Cropsy is being treated and going through physical therapy…

• Morpho_Files

★★★★★ Rewatched by Morpho_Files 25 May, 2013

The Burning is one of my all time favorite slasher flicks and one of the better ones to come after the classic Friday the 13th. The gore FX from Tom Savini still thrill me to this day.

Pick up the great blu-ray release today from Scream! Factory.

I give the PQ and AQ a solid 4/5 and the disc has some nice extras.

• Snake_Dickskin

★★★★★ Added by Snake_Dickskin

My favorite horror movie of all time(tied with phantasm and halloween II) the Burning is also the best camp slasher flick. If someone said here watch the burning or the first Friday, I'd punch him and say YOU ALREADY KNOW ITS THE BURNING FUCKFACE!

• David Larsson

★★★★★ Rewatched by David Larsson 22 Jun, 2013

I think The Burning catches everything that is great about the early 80's slasher movie. It has the atmosphere, it has great characters that you care about, it has memorable kills and an iconic killer with his just as iconic choice of weapon. The music from synth virtuoso Rick Wakeman adds another layer of everything I love with this movie and helps to lift up certain scenes even more. If you compare The Burning to a lot of other slasher…

• Nuno

★★★★★ Watched by Nuno 20 Mar, 2013

Great classic 80's slasher movie that should be seen!

• kaila Starr