• Mirthbound

★★★★★ Watched by Mirthbound 08 Nov, 2014

Lulls you in by indulging in actual camping only to hit you with a blood bath barrage.

• Chris Hustwayte

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Hustwayte 29 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• kaila Starr

★★★★★ Rewatched by kaila Starr 26 Jan, 2014

anyone wanna go to summer camp ?

• Husejn Mujkanović

★★★★★ Watched by Husejn Mujkanović 24 Aug, 2013

Pravi biser iz 80' toga žanra, jedan od boljih slašera što sam gledao!

• Dayna Newman

★★★★★ Added by Dayna Newman

"The Burning" is hands down my favorite slasher film of the 80's..
    I personally love the killer in the woods slashers the best and this is the perfect premise.This film starts as a flashback "of course".

The kids at a summer camp play a trick that goes terribly wrong on Cropsy the mean spirited grounds keeper and he is burned beyond recognition, Flash to hospital where the horribly burned and disfigured Cropsy is being treated and going through physical therapy…

• Morpho_Files

★★★★★ Rewatched by Morpho_Files 25 May, 2013

The Burning is one of my all time favorite slasher flicks and one of the better ones to come after the classic Friday the 13th. The gore FX from Tom Savini still thrill me to this day.

Pick up the great blu-ray release today from Scream! Factory.

I give the PQ and AQ a solid 4/5 and the disc has some nice extras.

• Snake_Dickskin

★★★★★ Added by Snake_Dickskin

My favorite horror movie of all time(tied with phantasm and halloween II) the Burning is also the best camp slasher flick. If someone said here watch the burning or the first Friday, I'd punch him and say YOU ALREADY KNOW ITS THE BURNING FUCKFACE!

• David

★★★★★ Rewatched by David 22 Jun, 2013

I think The Burning catches everything that is great about the early 80's slasher movie. It has the atmosphere, it has great characters that you care about, it has memorable kills and an iconic killer with his just as iconic choice of weapon. The music from synth virtuoso Rick Wakeman adds another layer of everything I love with this movie and helps to lift up certain scenes even more. If you compare The Burning to a lot of other slasher…

• Nuno

★★★★★ Watched by Nuno 20 Mar, 2013

Great classic 80's slasher movie that should be seen!

• kaila Starr

★★★★★ Rewatched by kaila Starr 23 Oct, 2012

classic

• TenshiMVP

★★★★½ Watched by TenshiMVP 24 Oct, 2014

I don't care what anyone says I think 1981 might be the best year for horror movies and The Burning is one those movies that will support my claim. It is a shame this movie has been forgotten over time cause it really is a classic up there with Friday the 13th and Halloween. The story is the typical man gets hurt badly by punk camp kids so he comes back to kill everyone in that camp. At no point…

• Jerry Downing

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jerry Downing 03 Aug, 2014

Such a great slasher flick from the early 80's. Tom Savini's makeup effects are amazing.