• kaila Starr

★★★★★ Rewatched by kaila Starr 26 Jan, 2014

anyone wanna go to summer camp ?

• Ričard Gvozdenostrvljanin

★★★★★ Watched by Ričard Gvozdenostrvljanin 24 Aug, 2013

Pravi biser iz 80' toga žanra, jedan od boljih slašera što sam gledao!

• Dayna Newman

★★★★★ Added by Dayna Newman

"The Burning" is hands down my favorite slasher film of the 80's..
    I personally love the killer in the woods slashers the best and this is the perfect premise.This film starts as a flashback "of course".

The kids at a summer camp play a trick that goes terribly wrong on Cropsy the mean spirited grounds keeper and he is burned beyond recognition, Flash to hospital where the horribly burned and disfigured Cropsy is being treated and going through physical therapy…

• Morpho_Files

★★★★★ Rewatched by Morpho_Files 25 May, 2013

The Burning is one of my all time favorite slasher flicks and one of the better ones to come after the classic Friday the 13th. The gore FX from Tom Savini still thrill me to this day.

Pick up the great blu-ray release today from Scream! Factory.

I give the PQ and AQ a solid 4/5 and the disc has some nice extras.

• Snake_Dickskin

★★★★★ Added by Snake_Dickskin

My favorite horror movie of all time(tied with phantasm and halloween II) the Burning is also the best camp slasher flick. If someone said here watch the burning or the first Friday, I'd punch him and say YOU ALREADY KNOW ITS THE BURNING FUCKFACE!

• David

★★★★★ Rewatched by David 22 Jun, 2013

I think The Burning catches everything that is great about the early 80's slasher movie. It has the atmosphere, it has great characters that you care about, it has memorable kills and an iconic killer with his just as iconic choice of weapon. The music from synth virtuoso Rick Wakeman adds another layer of everything I love with this movie and helps to lift up certain scenes even more. If you compare The Burning to a lot of other slasher…

• Nuno

★★★★★ Watched by Nuno 20 Mar, 2013

Great classic 80's slasher movie that should be seen!

• kaila Starr

★★★★★ Rewatched by kaila Starr 23 Oct, 2012

classic

• Reelz

★★★★½ Rewatched by Reelz 09 May, 2014 2

(Recommended by Todd Gaines)

Film #2 of Fridays with Reelz

Music for your reading pleasure

"Look, the way we built that raft, they're probably safer than we are."

It's getting closer and closer to midnight (at least where I live) and I didn't want this series to turn into "Saturdays with Reelz", so I'll try and hurry up a little here.

The Burning is one fascinating slasher film. It stands above and beyond most other generic slasher films because of…

• Marq

★★★★½ Rewatched by Marq 31 Oct, 2013 1

Halloween Hype 2013, Part XXIV

Watched this for the first time last year, on YouTube, and fell in love. Fired up the blu-ray for the first time to start my Halloween day viewings. A summer camp slasher classic that delivers everything - great setting, motivation for the killer, fantastic effects from Tom Savini, interesting score (also love the lack of score in a couple key scenes), Carrick Glenn, that tremendous raft massacre scene and so much more. The Scream Factory blu-ray is fantastic. A gorgeous print and plethora of worthy extras that I look forward to digging into at a later date.

• Robert Sutton

★★★★½ Watched by Robert Sutton 10 Oct, 2013

One of the best slasher films I've ever seen. I'm actually in shock about how suspenseful and well thought out the movie is. From its likable characters to its copious amounts of gore and nudity, this is the slasher you've been looking for if you're tired of breaking out your old copies of Friday the 13th and Halloween.

• Bennett Hipps

★★★★½ Rewatched by Bennett Hipps 04 Oct, 2013 1

Some of the boys at Camp Blackfoot have had enough of mean ol' camp caretaker Cropsy and decide to get back at him with a killer prank. It goes horribly wrong and Cropsy and his whole cabin go up in flames. The boys run for it and Cropsy ends up in the hospital, burned so bad that he's a freak show for the hospital's nurses and residents.

Five years later, Cropsy is released from the hospital, apparently still a horror…