• Jacob Wilson

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jacob Wilson 23 Oct, 2014

May have liked this film even better this time. It's such a delight--scary, funny, clever, and progressive.

• Matthew Vallée

★★½ Watched by Matthew Vallée 09 Oct, 2014

Similar to 'The Evil Dead', which people tend to love yet I did not like, this critically acclaimed movie stumped me. I was a little unsure about what this film was trying to achieve going it. At times it seemed like a horror parody and other times a straight up slasher film. The comedic parts were never outrageously funny though and were more good for a chuckle. The scenes that were pure horror were pretty brutal and gory to watch…

• Eve A Shaw

★★★★ Added by Eve A Shaw

'Now Jules, I dare you to make out with that moose'

Cabin in the woods is a noteworthy creation by the same guy that brought you The Vampire Slayer. Offering the long pondered question, 'why do these bad things keep happening to these blonde girls?'
    It is intelligent beyond comparison, and incorporates every good thing you wold like to see in a classic horror movie. The divide between the clean sterile sets of the underground 'puppeteers', and the dusty gloom…

• Rizie

★★★★ Rewatched by Rizie 22 Oct, 2014 1

Movie #20 of 31 Nights of Horror Hoop-toberfest!

Watched this with a bunch of my coworkers at the office. Most hadn't seen it yet, so it was a treat seeing their reactions.
    I still had a ton of fun rewatching this. What I like best about this movie is that it doesn't shy away from making fun of itself. It manages to balance comedy and horror really well.
    Seriously though, the elevator scene kicks so much ass!

• matthew, but only when my mom is mad at me, even at 35

★★★★ Added by matthew, but only when my mom is mad at me, even at 35

Love the beginning to the premise. "If you hear a strange sound outside... have sex"
    Alright, in all seriousness, when the Hell are they gonna make this a video game.
    LEVEL 1: Locate cabin and select oncoming onslaught.
    LEVEL 2: fight bassackwerd zombies.
    BONUS LEVEL: 60 seconds to liberate your cabinet doors!
    LEVEL 3: Stealth the SWAT Team.
    LEVEL 4: Fight every fuckin' thing imaginable (Stay-puff marsh man)?
    LEVEL 5 BOSS LEVEL: Kill that Goddamn clown. "Tee-hee!"
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfmWtDjZxSA

• Zonnywhoop

★★½ Watched by Zonnywhoop 21 Oct, 2014

Has it's moments, but ultimately falls victim to the very genre pitfalls it wants to be satirizing. It's saving grace is the genuinely funny collaboration of Richard Jenkins and Bradley Whitford, who steal the show.

• Ryster

★★★★ Rewatched by Ryster 21 Oct, 2014

Hoop-Tober film #27 - The Cabin in the Woods

In my review for The Evil Dead I said that Evil Dead inspired the cabin in the woods type films we see today. This film does have a few similarities but there's a reason because of it and I can't tell you because it will spoil the film. I actually can't say a lot about Cabin in the Woods because the whole film is kinda one big spoiler. There's lots of…

• YI JIAN

★★★★½ Rewatched by YI JIAN 22 Oct, 2014 7

Hoop-Tober Challenge (For Beginners) Film #22

[ding]

Cabin in the Woods also known as the film with one of the best opening and title sequence of all time -- Two scientists chatting on a regular work day when suddenly big red fucking fonts hit the screen accompanied by a piercing scream, the camera then cuts immediately to a peaceful neighborhood, where a pants-less Kristen Connolly gradually finds her place on screen. Can this film get any better? It's like they…

• Jacob Gehman

★★★★★ Added by Jacob Gehman

Don't read any reviews. Don't spoil it. Just go in and enjoy. A pure masterpiece.

• Lucas

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lucas 18 Oct, 2014

Alright so this is up there on one of my all time favorite horror movies, the story is unique and original which in this day and age is next to impossible to see. It had all the great horror elements from the cheesy dialogue to the gore and frights. This is a great film and I highly recommend it for anyone, not just fans of the horror genre.

• Dylan Brandsema

★★½ Watched by Dylan Brandsema 20 Oct, 2014

Me before seeing Cabin In The Woods: Fuck Joss Whedon

Me half way into watching Cabin In The Woods: Wow, this is actually pretty good! I kinda like it!

Me after seeing Cabin In The Woods: Fuck Joss Whedon

• Rodney Terrell

★★★★½ Rewatched by Rodney Terrell 20 Oct, 2014

Drew Goddard's and Joss Whedon's wonderful love hate letter to the horror genre holds up every time. The right mix of meta humor and monster insanity makes me a happy panda. Clever and bloody in all the right ways.