• Curtis

★★★★½ Watched by Curtis 20 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• dominoparker

★★★★ Rewatched by dominoparker 20 Oct, 2014

Upon re-watching this in a bar with no sound (subtitles only), while drinking a gin and tonic I have to conclude it's the best genre send up I've seen since Airplane!.

• ganjer09

★★★½ Watched by ganjer09 20 Oct, 2014

I don't find the movie a masterpiece like some people do, but I must admit it's one of the most original horror stories in a long time.

• JC13

★★★★ Watched by JC13 16 Oct, 2014

Film #33 of JC13's I Do Believe I Just Shit Myself September/October Horror Marathon

"Good work, zombie arm."- Marty

The Cabin in the Woods is such a fun film. It borrows heavily from The Evil Dead, but has many original ideas so it doesn't feel like a complete ripoff. The final act is one of the most crazy things you'll ever see, but it was pretty awesome! Kristen Connolly is great in the lead role and Chris Hemsworth, Fran Kranz,…

• Sean Cordy

★★★ Watched by Sean Cordy 18 Oct, 2014

Probably need to see more horror to see its parody and criticism of the genre. Takes awhile for anything to really come of it otherwise, would pass overall.

Not discrediting it, just my own anticipation from not watching it sooner.

• Isabella

★★★★½ Added by Isabella

Love this movie, absolutely hate the ending. Definitely still worth watching it again and again however.

• Charles Lyons

★★ Watched by Charles Lyons 14 Apr, 2012

[con/D+]
    Entirely unimpressed. Glibness and cynicism constantly trying to mask the film's lack of insight and feeling.
    [Tweet]

• TajLV

★★★½ Watched by TajLV 16 Oct, 2014

"Whatever he's been smoking has been immunizing him to all our shit!" ~ Lin

This tongue-in-cheek horror film has it all. Good-looking youth chased by zombies. A werewolf, a giant snake, a howling banshee. Japanese school children attacked by a ghost. A government agency practicing mind control. Ancient gods ready to retake control of the Earth. Human sacrifice. A unicorn. And above all, a surprise appearance by someone very familiar within the scare-em genre, as the person behind most the…

• Andrew Willis

★★★★ Rewatched by Andrew Willis 16 Oct, 2014

I maintain that this is a giant RESET button for the horror genre. The film is wonderfully constructed. It pays tribute to so many films before it, but it puts them on the skewer too. It maintains that horror movies of the past are great, but it proclaims that this is the time for change. I think the movie as made to be a wake up to a stalled genre, In an even more stalled industry. So far not enough people has taken notice.

• joebacon

★★½ Watched by joebacon 14 Oct, 2014

After watching The Evil Dead, I watched The Cabin in the Woods, which is a throwback to older horror movie and cliches. Honestly, the only things I liked about this movie was the character Marty and all of the cool creatures. I guess what I didn't like was how there was supposed to be a huge twist at the end or several twists, but if you watch the first 30 minutes, you'll know the twists and what is going on. Maybe my expectations were a bit to high but I still don't think this movie is as great as most make it out to be.

• Fitzers227

★★★½ Rewatched by Fitzers227 15 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• A Room with a Moose

★★★½ Watched by A Room with a Moose 14 Oct, 2014

A little overrated in my opinion but it´s not bad at all: It pays tribute and at the same time it makes fun of horror films with a very creative concept making a pretty unique kind of "parody". If you can buy the absurdity of the plot, it's actually a pretty enjoyable film. You just really gotta stretch your suspension of disbelief and see it more like a comedy with horror elements than a straight horror film. It you take…