• Lintel Soups

★★★★½ Added by Lintel Soups

meta meta meta

• BJB

★★★★ Watched by BJB 26 Jul, 2014

I can only wonder if the majority of people who watch this expecting a conventional horror movie are turned off or enthralled. All I know is that had that been what I was expecting, I'd definitely fall into the latter camp.

• Mette Kowalski

★★★½ Watched by Mette Kowalski 23 Jul, 2014

This film
    Can do things others wouldn't
    Imagine.
    That makes it great.
    Well, the ending was a bit stupid.

• extasis

★★★ Added by extasis

Pretty good, but no so good.

• Mully Mullennix

★★★★★ Rewatched by Mully Mullennix 25 Jul, 2014

This movie signifies the single greatest climb on my top 1000 list after only 1 re-watch. From 563 to 111. This movie really benefits from knowing whats going on and re-watching. This movie works on so many levels. As a horror film, as a comedy, as an ironic statement on horror movies, as a monster movie and as a Sci-fi movie. I even love the end. It doesn't sell out.

• PKMG

★★★ Added by PKMG

Tropes: The Movie

For the intellectually sarcastic. Or it could be considered a RomCom if you're into that kind of stuff.

• Jānis Irmejs

★★★ Watched by Jānis Irmejs 16 Jul, 2014

Pretty good, but not as good as critics and everybody else thinks

• Michael Waller

★★★★★ Added by Michael Waller

The Cabin in the Woods is a glorious sendup of teen slasher / horror movies.

• Wesley Emblidge

★★★★½ Rewatched by Wesley Emblidge 15 Jul, 2014

I would watch the shit out of a TV show just set in the office starring Jenkins and Whitford. Every time this movie cuts away from them I start waiting for when they return.

• Nathan Smith

Watched by Nathan Smith 03 Jul, 2014

ehhhh. didn't like this as much as other people (namely the friends i saw it with) do. cool premise, but at this point (4 me), cool story logic and plot twists are like bread and water: ain't enuf for man to live on alone.

plus, the most visually interesting parts (when all the bats and shit go batshit in the lab), are pretty rushed over. so idk. they coulda made it cooler. i ain't one to praise a movie simply because "the idea is cool."

• Stef

★★★ Watched by Stef 25 Mar, 2014

This movie tries to do both horror and humor and doesn't get either of them right. It's not bad, but kind of... bland. Good effects, decent acting, confusing plot. It does teach a good lesson though, and that is to not entrust the fate of the world to two people who are high, sleep deprived, and suffering from massive blood loss. Because they probably won't make the right decision.

• Sean Balanger

★★★½ Watched by Sean Balanger 14 Jul, 2014

I have been completely misjudging this film. I pegged it for just another horror film where a bunch of young kids do drugs and have sex and then get killed by supernatural forces. And while a bunch of young kids do drugs and have sex and get killed by supernatural forces, this film is far from being just another horror film. There's a separate plot that oversees the horror film that surprised me with its creativity and made this film worth seeing.