• Anthony Rebro

★★½ Rewatched by Anthony Rebro 22 Apr, 2015

This film did not hold up on a rewatch for me. Still has some interesting ideas that could have been fun to explore a little deeper.

• Maeve

★★★ Added by Maeve

I usually hate horror films, but this one has stuck with me.

• chrisnain

★★★★½ Rewatched by chrisnain 14 Apr, 2015

Eine großartige Metahorrorkomödie die den Teeniehorror auf die Schippe nimmt.

• Daniblacksmoke

★★★★ Watched by Daniblacksmoke 21 Apr, 2015

No soy nada fanático del género de terror, de hecho lo evito en su mayoría. Pero desde que supe de The Cabin in the Woods me llamó la atención y el hecho de que todos los que la veían la recomendaban, aún más. No sabía a lo que me enfrentaba, de hecho, espero que todo el mundo que vaya a verla no sepa a que se enfrenta. Es decir, evita leer o ver cualquier cosa sobre la película hasta verla.…

• GKnight

★★★½ Added by GKnight

A clever satire poking fun at usual horror movie stereotypes. I love the idea, but it could've been much better if the premise wasn't revealed so early on, and then this would be a great thriller as well. The final reveal was a bit silly but then again, this movie wasn't meant to be taken seriously, anyway.

• Matthew, but only when I have kidney stones, even at AaahHH

★★★★ Added by Matthew, but only when I have kidney stones, even at AaahHH 3

Alright in all seriousness, when the Hell are they gonna make this a video game.

*Create/Name character*
    LEVEL 1: Locate cabin and select oncoming onslaught.
    LEVEL 2: Fight bassackwerd zombies.
    BONUS LEVEL: 60 seconds to liberate your cabinet doors!
    //*Retractable Bong Sword Acquired Congratulations*//
    LEVEL 3: Stealth the SWAT Team.
    LEVEL 4: Fight every fuckin' thing imaginable. Stay-puff marsh man?
    LEVEL 5: BOSS LEVEL: Kill that Goddamn clown. "Tee-hee!"

• Courtney Cheshire

★½ Watched by Courtney Cheshire 18 Apr, 2015

We wanted The Babadook, but all the copies were rented out and my dad still wanted to watch a scary movie so we got this. It's awful. The concept is ok, but it's so detailed and over the top with the ancient ones thing that it's ridiculous.

• katie h.

★★½ Watched by katie h. 17 Apr, 2015

Good, I guess, in its postmodernistic take on horror tropes, but I really don't like horror movies, so.

• Joshua Correll

★★★★½ Rewatched by Joshua Correll 16 Apr, 2015

If there was ever a film that deserved a video game adaptation (where you could play either side of the scenario) this is the one.

• Liz

★★★★½ Added by Liz

simply beautiful.

• Nessa Gibson

★★★★★ Added by Nessa Gibson

Completely meta and brilliant, this film is not what it seems. A common complaint was that this movie was not "believable" and that is wasn't "scary." Funny thing is, those people didn't realize that Goddard and Whedon were deconstructing the horror tropes often found within movies by use of its self aware comedic satire. The movie still had a horror spin complete with everything needed to satisfy the audience. And if you play close enough attention, you can figure out…

• KMOKLER

★★½ Added by KMOKLER 2

Whilst I enjoyed the fact cabin in the woods made fun of horror films it still wasn't scary and its characters were still clichéd horror characters.