• WigHatesMovies

½ Watched by WigHatesMovies 12 Apr, 2012

So fucking idiotic yet it presents itself as so clever, but its satire is entirely self-congratulatory for being just as stupid a movie as it pretends to spoof. It's like an insult comic with Alzheimers who stops mid-joke to fellate the audience.

• Mathias Block

★★ Watched by Mathias Block 01 Jan, 2015

Too much meta, too little heart!

• Jacob HB

★★★ Rewatched by Jacob HB 30 Jan, 2015

Cabin in the Woods holds up surprisingly well on second viewing. Perhaps it's because Joss Whedon can actually take something as bland and tried as the teen slasher, flip it on its head and spruce it up with frequent touches of humour, nodding to the genre tropes and delivering the blood splatter experience. The surprises are well telegraphed once you know the conceit and at the end of the day it is still incredibly contrived (though that's half the joke) but it doesn't stop the film from still being good fun.

• Kenny

★★★★½ Added by Kenny

One of the best horror films in recent memory. Fresh take on a stale genre!

• Hayley

★★★★★ Rewatched by Hayley 25 Jan, 2015

This ending is still my favorite thing from any horror movie ever.

• Scott D'Agostino

★★★★½ Rewatched by Scott D'Agostino 24 Jan, 2015

The best horror movie of the decade so far. A great commentary on formulaic horror movies and the people who watch them.

• Jo Pussinabox

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jo Pussinabox 24 Jan, 2015

Really enjoyed having a rewatch of this film after not having seen it for a while. Still think that Marty (Fran Kranz) steals the film.

• TheCurs

Added by TheCurs

If a film ain't scary, at least just a little bit,then how can it be classed as a horror film. Showing a few random moderately disquieting images for seconds at a time achieves FUCKING NOTHING if it doesn't lead anywhere. Oh yeah, and we'll chuck in some Zombies (yawn). To those giving this anything above 2 stars, watch Martyrs, Cannibal Holocaust, Funny Games, Irreversible, Suspiria or any horror film that isn't produced by Hollywood or is a sodding remake, it'll…

• alphonse

★★★½ Watched by alphonse 22 Jan, 2015

If you follow my reviews, you probably know that horror movies are not exactly my cup of tea, but that I usually enjoy those that are loaded with dark humour and that don't try too hard to be taken seriously; knowing that, it's not hard to understand why I really enjoyed The Cabin in the Woods, which is an inventive ride that makes fun of everything that's wrong with the genre (and with reality shows) nowadays, but that still feels…

• Taylor Reynolds

★★★★ Watched by Taylor Reynolds 18 Jan, 2015

I don't really understand what I saw just yet. But I kinda loved it.

• Ben Garnhum