• Shawna of the Shire

★★★★½ Rewatched by Shawna of the Shire 28 Feb, 2015

Modern day classic.

• Matthew Lumb

★★★★ Rewatched by Matthew Lumb 27 Feb, 2015

Always a pleasure to play this to someone with no knowledge of it.

• DKAudio

★★★ Watched by DKAudio 27 Oct, 2012

A group of friends stay at a cabin, upon entering the cellar they unleash more than they bargained for.

I went into this after much hype and buzz about this being an incredible horror film. After watching it I almost am leaning more towards a Sci-Fi flick. It is gory in parts but really out there. Don't watch thinking you are going to see a realistic slasher, watch thinking you are going to see an eccentric action packed ride.

• Harry Fuertes

Rewatched by Harry Fuertes 26 Feb, 2015 3

A dizzying workout in dismantlement of a genre. Like most say about Cabin in the Woods, this functions as a means to an end in today's interpretation of "horror". Truly picks apart the different and unique sensitivity to what it means to be horrific cinema. Not quite as great as I remember it but nonetheless a intricately crafted and written journey through pompous cliche and humorous circumstance. Doesn't build dread or frights as horror should, but it makes up for…

• Jez Meyer

★★★★ Added by Jez Meyer

Aside from a few bum lines here and there, Cabin in the Woods is close to flawless, whether you regard it as Whedon's treatise on horror films or as some larger metaphor for ills that plague man.

• VichuViVek

★★★★ Watched by VichuViVek 22 Feb, 2015

"Society needs to crumble. We're all just too chickenshit to let it."

In a weird way, The Cabin in the Woods is like a parody of every horror/slasher film ever made. Except it comes with ample instances of humour(unlike the Scary Movie franchise).

I have a hard time enjoying horror films. A part of the reason, I think, is because of how predictable they’ve become. Another reason is my inability to relate to most of them or find them believable.…

• Tommy Mendoza

½ Watched by Tommy Mendoza 22 Feb, 2015

Failed to see the greatness in this.

• Thomas Pashko

★★★ Watched by Thomas Pashko 22 Feb, 2015

A fun, but obvious, horror commentary

• sarfrazzle

★★★★ Watched by sarfrazzle 24 Jan, 2015

A sort of spoof of the horror drama, The Cabin in the Woods is filled with very meta references to the genre it is paying homage too. It is filled with stereotypes, but embraces them and makes them a joke. The interesting and unique plot is an interesting concept, although bordering on ridiculous. The Cabin in the Woods breaks away from the cookie cutter horror film by piece together by essentially combining them into a enjoyable film.

• Rodolfo Castrezana

★★★ Rewatched by Rodolfo Castrezana 19 Feb, 2015

A metalinguagem é interessante, a idéia é boa, a atriz principal é linda. Mas falta alguma coisa. Ainda assim veja, nem que seja pela curiosidade.

• Carlos Valladares

★★★½ Watched by Carlos Valladares 18 Feb, 2015

It rolls along at a humourous pace and then gets inexplicably, unabashedly bizarre in its final 30 minutes. Insipid sadism with the blonde eye-candy notwithstanding, not a bad piece o'filmmaking. Is it overrated? Eh sure, but then again, so is Battleship Potemkin and most of Godard's stuff (J-L, that is!), so ya don't hear me complaining.

• KingOfBongStyle

★★★★½ Added by KingOfBongStyle

Cabin In The Woods blew my mind. I was ready to shit on an awful, generic horror movie, and I came out loving the entire horror genre even more. This film is like the series finale for the horror genre. Its spectacular, smart as hell, and entertaining every time.