• PKMG

★★★ Added by PKMG

Tropes: The Movie

For the intellectually sarcastic. Or it could be considered a RomCom if you're into that kind of stuff.

• Jānis Irmejs

★★★ Watched by Jānis Irmejs 16 Jul, 2014

Pretty good, but not as good as critics and everybody else thinks

• Michael Waller

★★★★★ Added by Michael Waller

The Cabin in the Woods is a glorious sendup of teen slasher / horror movies.

• Wesley Emblidge

★★★★½ Rewatched by Wesley Emblidge 15 Jul, 2014

I would watch the shit out of a TV show just set in the office starring Jenkins and Whitford. Every time this movie cuts away from them I start waiting for when they return.

• Nathan Smith

Watched by Nathan Smith 03 Jul, 2014

ehhhh. didn't like this as much as other people (namely the friends i saw it with) do. cool premise, but at this point (4 me), cool story logic and plot twists are like bread and water: ain't enuf for man to live on alone.

plus, the most visually interesting parts (when all the bats and shit go batshit in the lab), are pretty rushed over. so idk. they coulda made it cooler. i ain't one to praise a movie simply because "the idea is cool."

• Stef

★★★ Watched by Stef 25 Mar, 2014

This movie tries to do both horror and humor and doesn't get either of them right. It's not bad, but kind of... bland. Good effects, decent acting, confusing plot. It does teach a good lesson though, and that is to not entrust the fate of the world to two people who are high, sleep deprived, and suffering from massive blood loss. Because they probably won't make the right decision.

• Sean Balanger

★★★½ Watched by Sean Balanger 14 Jul, 2014

I have been completely misjudging this film. I pegged it for just another horror film where a bunch of young kids do drugs and have sex and then get killed by supernatural forces. And while a bunch of young kids do drugs and have sex and get killed by supernatural forces, this film is far from being just another horror film. There's a separate plot that oversees the horror film that surprised me with its creativity and made this film worth seeing.

• David Evans-Carlson

★★★★½ Added by David Evans-Carlson

One of the few horror movies I love. Smart, fun, and keeps you guessing.

• CrawfordMovies

★★★★½ Added by CrawfordMovies

While a few things are left unanswered, and it isn't very scary, Cabin In The Woods is still one of my favorite horror films of the past decade. Very original and entertaining, this is the kind of film that inspires me to write films.

• Nick Issacc

★★★★½ Rewatched by Nick Issacc 12 Jul, 2014

Still great.

• Robby Warren

★★★★★ Rewatched by Robby Warren 12 Jul, 2014 1

With an insane, crazy, inventive, and highly entertaining climax, and many twists on the biggest cliches of the horror genre, "The Cabin in the Woods" is one of the best horror films I've ever seen. The things this film does in just 95 minutes is incredible. Absolutely brilliant with a surprising amount of laughs.

• Mónica Freitas

½ Watched by Mónica Freitas 12 Jul, 2014 1

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.