• Alex Kane

★★ Added by Alex Kane

I’ll try and keep this spoiler-free, because I think it goes without saying that spoilers can be the film buff’s bane, but I will need to at least hint at a few key aspects of the story in order to properly criticize it in the manner I intend to. Which is to say, I didn’t really enjoy the film all that much on an artistic or intellectual level. Critical reception and popular opinion across social media had both set my…

• Ernst_Bitterman

★★★★ Watched by Ernst_Bitterman 21 Mar, 2013

One of the only meta-horror films I have had any time for since the first "Scream" appeared in the theatres. I love the way it picks up the spam-cabin genre and throws extra layers on it. The comedy works for me too, which is seldom the case where funny and horror are being made to row on the same bench.

The only real complaint I have about this is that the publicity for it made it seem like a remake of "Evil Dead" and thus I stayed away from it for some months.

• RhysRHale

★★★★★ Rewatched by RhysRHale 25 May, 2015

Love this film, Fran Kranz is so awesome!!

• Diego Fontes

½ Watched by Diego Fontes 22 May, 2015

Um filme que não te prende, não te assusta, não é bem produzido, não é engraçado, não tem sexo, não tem luta habilidosa, enfim... assisti. Mas não assistiria de novo.

• Nicholas Long

★★★★½ Watched by Nicholas Long 23 May, 2015

Amazing cast it fit so well with the character portrayed. Also a really great ending!

• Gabriella

★★ Added by Gabriella

The concept was pretty good,it's the execution that was quite disappointing here

• DerringerHK

★★★★ Watched by DerringerHK 23 May, 2015

Well, that was unexpected. An original horror movie with one of the most batshit insane 3rd acts you'll ever see, The Cabin In The Woods is a perfect example of how to mix genres into a delicious cocktail.

• pmartinz

★★★½ Added by pmartinz

This film, this goddamn film. I think it's a damn near perfect satire and breakdown of all the classic horror/slasher movies.
    The movie sorta lulls you into a sense of familiarity with all the classic horror movie cliches, but it throws a curb ball that really catches you off guard if you hadn't been informed beforehand.

It's really a movie you have to watch unprepared.

• tttaub

★★½ Added by tttaub

pretty dumb

• Álvaro

★★★★½ Added by Álvaro

As this film is one of those you must watch spoiler free (avoid even the trailers) and I don't want to put an spoiler tag, I will resume it as best as I can.

This film is a postmodern take 'Scream' saga style on how horror films between 2000-2010 have become. If you think this film wasn't scary enough it's because that's not its purpose.

It's a fun compelling film with a clear message, delivered in a very black comedy route with a cast of magnificent and unforgettable characters, and has some of the best moments in History of Film.

• cassandra nv

★★★ Watched by cassandra nv 19 May, 2015

Wasnt that scary but it was well execute i kinda liked it but those kind of movies aint quite my type

• FlickFanatics

★★★★ Added by FlickFanatics

This movie is crazy! With that said, it's a ton of fun, and pretty wild in the final act. I really liked the horror stereotypes and breaking those stereotypes. It's something I should rewatch because some of it was forgettable after my first viewing.