• dpnash

★★★★ Watched by dpnash 30 Oct, 2014

I'm not much of a horror movie person, but I've seen enough to recognize the genius of this one and how it plays with all the formulas and cliches. Great fun!

• John Mathews

★★★★★ Watched by John Mathews 30 Oct, 2014

Brilliant.

• JimmyP77

★★★★ Rewatched by JimmyP77 30 Oct, 2014

I know its a divisive one and there's some cracking one star reviews on Amazon. I love it. The only thing I would get rid of is the bird moment as it ruins a later scene but everything else - perfect.

Deconstructs the American horror film and then just slings all hell loose across the screen in the final 20 minutes. there's enough imagination and monster design in that last reel or so to spin off a hundred movies.

• DevinMeenan

★★★★ Watched by DevinMeenan 30 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Mina

½ Added by Mina

the fever i had while i watched this was more fun and scarier than the movie.

• Juan Luis

★★★★½ Rewatched by Juan Luis 30 Oct, 2014

THIS MOVIE KEEPS BEING SO AMAZING EVERYTIME DUUUUH

• KUATO2084

★★ Added by KUATO2084

Nice variety of creatures from scary movies, but the script and acting are very weak. Almost below my threshold. Not a single character is interesting, but the concept behind the plot is kinda cool.

• Pablo Beal

★★★★★ Rewatched by Pablo Beal 29 Oct, 2014

This is "Scream" on steroids. Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard created one of the most insane, hilarious, raunchy, terrifying, smart, over-all amazing horror comedies of all time that can only be described as ultimate meta in the ultimate love letter to horror films and horror fans. Killer unicorn.

• Duck

★★★★½ Watched by Duck 29 Oct, 2014

WOW

• Luke Grima

★★★★ Rewatched by Luke Grima 29 Oct, 2014

The 'Merman' scene is the most beautiful horror moment for me.

• Marika

★★★ Watched by Marika 28 Oct, 2014

(October Vibes '14 List)

Watching this right after I watched the Hunger Games gave a false illusion that these 5 college students are participating in some sort of fucked up game. Well, I was waaaaaaay off.

If the classic The Evil Dead and Disney's Hercules were both high out of their mind and had a sloppy one night stand this movie would be the result.

• Kyra Kaufer

★★★½ Watched by Kyra Kaufer 27 Oct, 2014

I'm just going to straight up say: I am a wimp. I have never watched a "horror" movie in my life. I figured, welp, I'm home sick, nothing else to do, might as well get into the Halloween spirit while just catching up on some movies since I haven't watched anything in quite some time. This was surprisingly....refreshing. I loved it. It obviously wasn't perfect, but I really loved the take it had on the "horror" genre, almost like a…