• simonmeisinger

★★★★★ Watched by simonmeisinger 20 Nov, 2014

I do not shit you, this really is a five-stars-movie.

Imagine all the horror movies multiplied together, resulting in the best of them all combined into just one movie. And I mean ALL OF THEM – from Scary Movie to Alien.

Scared, thrilled, shocked, amused are just some of the emotions you switch between constantly during the movie. May be the best made movie I’ve seen so far, regarding the craftsmanship behind movie making.

• Carolina Alves

★★★★ Watched by Carolina Alves 20 Nov, 2014

A good film. It's quite unpredictable and goes way beyond a classic horror movie. Worth seeing!

• spence98jones

★★★½ Added by spence98jones

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Oscar Rosales

★★★★ Watched by Oscar Rosales 17 Nov, 2014

best goddard film ever, screw breathless.

seriously, though; it's good. it loses some of its steam in the second half (altough it picks up with a fittingly crazy ending) but it is nonetheless the most fun and subversive horror film since SCREAM.

a great film about the process of both writing *and* watching a horror film.

• worldscollide23

★★★½ Watched by worldscollide23 19 Nov, 2014

Conclusion: smoke weed.

But seriously... what twist?

• Justin Swanson

★★★★ Watched by Justin Swanson 19 Nov, 2014

Clever.

• Zach Ralston

★★★★½ Rewatched by Zach Ralston 31 Oct, 2014

Forgot to log that I watched this again on Halloween. Third viewing just as awesome as the other two. Damn I love this film -- ridiculously funny on several levels, and really crafty to boot.

"I'm still on speaker phone, aren't I?"

• Matchbox

★★★★½ Added by Matchbox

This is genre inversion, dilution and manipulation at its best. I'm surprised how efficiently and wonderfully everything worked and came together. The editing is top-notch, majority of the jokes hit their mark and the banter between Richard Jenkins and Bradley Whitford is brilliant.

Simply put, i could think of a million ways this film could've messed up, but at the end of the day it stays what it is. A cleverly put together commentary on the horror genre that manages…

• Signora Fosca

★★★★½ Watched by Signora Fosca 22 Jul, 2013

Upon repeat viewing, THE CABIN IN THE WOODS doesn't lose any of its luster, and in fact only improves upon itself. The film is genius. It's analysis and concepts are accessible and vast, the plot is pure genius and the climax is worthy and brilliant. Thinking about structuring a theorist essay on the deconstruction of genre in this film, and the audience as character dynamic that is played out and explains our thirst for blood in horror movies. The movie…

• hotsake

★★★½ Watched by hotsake 10 Dec, 2012

Okay so here my thing with this movie. It starts off pretty good and got fun with all of the nods and winks at horror conventions however if they had just ended the movie after the reveal it would've rocked. instead they hammered home an overlong "Buffy" episode that just went on and on draining the fun and life out of the film. I really think the term "beating a dead horse" sums up my feelings best.

• Josh Ochoa

★★★★½ Rewatched by Josh Ochoa 16 Nov, 2014

Drew Goddard and Joss Whedon's twist sci-fi horror with great ideas and originality.. This movie knows it's meta and that only helps it and i'm glad it it was eventually released instead of being kept on the shelf. Now a cult hit this film is more than just a riff on horror films and als about horror filmmaking. Really fun, thrilling and exciting.

• Devarsi Ghosh