• Tyrion Lannister

★★★★ Watched by Tyrion Lannister 01 Aug, 2014

The Cabin in the Woods is generic and unique. It's unique by being generic. It's generic by being unique. That doesn't make any sense. Either way, this movie is great. It's hilarious and scary. And the more I think about it, the more brilliant I think it is.

Most reviews say go into this movie totally blind and it will be much better. I'm here to say this movie is super enjoyable even if you know what generally happens. See…

• MatthewLB

★★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 01 Aug, 2014

After watching this movie I do not want to go camping. This movie is really good and I just like how this film is like the huger games just add idiots and drugs and you will get cabin in the woods.

• Philip William Brown

★★★★ Watched by Philip William Brown 31 Jul, 2014

Original. Smart. Weird. Awesome. See it immediately. Don't let anyone tell you what it's about it if you don't know. Just see it.

• piefight

★★★★ Watched by piefight 31 Jul, 2014

To truly celebrate the many joys of the horror genre, one must first ridicule it.
    —Joss Whedon

• Faythe

★★★★★ Added by Faythe

This was my favorite film of 2012. The most perfect satirical depiction of a horror film. I have so much fun watching this.

• Lintel Soups

★★★★½ Added by Lintel Soups

meta meta meta

• BJB

★★★★ Watched by BJB 26 Jul, 2014

I can only wonder if the majority of people who watch this expecting a conventional horror movie are turned off or enthralled. All I know is that had that been what I was expecting, I'd definitely fall into the latter camp.

• Mette Kowalski

★★★½ Watched by Mette Kowalski 23 Jul, 2014

This film
    Can do things others wouldn't
    Imagine.
    That makes it great.
    Well, the ending was a bit stupid.

• extasis

★★★ Added by extasis

Pretty good, but no so good.

• Mully Mullennix

★★★★★ Rewatched by Mully Mullennix 25 Jul, 2014

This movie signifies the single greatest climb on my top 1000 list after only 1 re-watch. From 563 to 111. This movie really benefits from knowing whats going on and re-watching. This movie works on so many levels. As a horror film, as a comedy, as an ironic statement on horror movies, as a monster movie and as a Sci-fi movie. I even love the end. It doesn't sell out.

• PKMG

★★★ Added by PKMG

Tropes: The Movie

For the intellectually sarcastic. Or it could be considered a RomCom if you're into that kind of stuff.

• Jānis Irmejs

★★★ Watched by Jānis Irmejs 16 Jul, 2014

Pretty good, but not as good as critics and everybody else thinks