• Matt_Samples

★★★ Added by Matt_Samples

Stay for the ending. This was ok for a horror-comedy. Good effort and I would watch a sequel.

• Pickens

Added by Pickens

Lame

• William O. Tyler

★★★★½ Rewatched by William O. Tyler 25 Oct, 2014

The Cabin in the Woods is director Joss Whedon’s love letter to the entire horror genre itself. As a group of friends spend a weekend at a deserted cabin, in the woods, they aren’t prepared for the epic events that are simultaneously being set into motion. And neither is the viewer. The film somehow manages to reach every aspect and subgenre within horror while still being familiar but fresh enough to really catch you off guard.

The cast of friends,…

• Rob Samuelson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Rob Samuelson 04 Mar, 2015

This remains such a great genre exploration of what makes us scared, why we root for those fears, and how we do our best to control the outcomes of horrific things enacted upon others to keep us, the majority, safe.

And that's just the heaviest level. It's a satire about the movies' use of the archetype crutch and how it does a disservice to telling greater stories. It's a comedy with character-based jokes rather than the pop-culture references co-writer Joss…

• thealmightyG

Watched by thealmightyG 03 Mar, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I am extremely hard to please when it comes to the horror genre. Rarely do I find a film that properly scares me. This is, in part, to do with most horror titles following a linear path and throws all the cliches into a bag and picks them out one by one.

Cabin in the Woods (CitW) knows that and at its heart,mot is actually trying to say that the American formula by which most of these films have been…

• Marc Nadeau

★★★★★ Rewatched by Marc Nadeau 02 Mar, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Revisited The Cabin In The Woods. I just love this film. Not so much for the college victims but more for the brilliant behind the scenes workers trying to stave off Armageddon. They truly are the stars of the film. They're displayed long enough not to overstay their welcome but at the same time, having me want more of them. Any job can get boring, especially saving the world from elder gods.

Masterpiece for years to come.

• Cavin Hawkins

★★★★ Watched by Cavin Hawkins 02 Mar, 2015

I don't watch a lot of horror movies, but I understand most of the classic horror tropes. It also helped to watch it with Ryan. It was funny, interesting, and I enjoyed watching it.

• Dreception

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dreception 02 Mar, 2015 1

More like CAVIN in the woods.

If you can deconstruct a genre as well as this movie did, i'll give you 5 stars. VERY well done. As a horror fan, this is everything i want.

Please just don't look up any trailers or advertisement for this movie, as almost all of it spoil major things.

• Shawna of the Shire

★★★★½ Rewatched by Shawna of the Shire 28 Feb, 2015

Modern day classic.

• Matthew Lumb

★★★★ Rewatched by Matthew Lumb 27 Feb, 2015

Always a pleasure to play this to someone with no knowledge of it.

• DKAudio

★★★ Watched by DKAudio 27 Oct, 2012

A group of friends stay at a cabin, upon entering the cellar they unleash more than they bargained for.

I went into this after much hype and buzz about this being an incredible horror film. After watching it I almost am leaning more towards a Sci-Fi flick. It is gory in parts but really out there. Don't watch thinking you are going to see a realistic slasher, watch thinking you are going to see an eccentric action packed ride.

• Harry Fuertes

Rewatched by Harry Fuertes 26 Feb, 2015 3

A dizzying workout in dismantlement of a genre. Like most say about Cabin in the Woods, this functions as a means to an end in today's interpretation of "horror". Truly picks apart the different and unique sensitivity to what it means to be horrific cinema. Not quite as great as I remember it but nonetheless a intricately crafted and written journey through pompous cliche and humorous circumstance. Doesn't build dread or frights as horror should, but it makes up for…