• Thomas Welch III

★★★★★ Added by Thomas Welch III

Man I love this movie, I don't know how I just recently got around to seeing it. Plays with all sorts of horror cliches and tropes and is just a fun watch. This is a film that will definitely hold up to multiple viewings!

• Mark James Atienza

★★★★ Watched by Mark James Atienza 10 May, 2012

"The Cabin in the Woods" is truly a rare film. After watching it, I just can't help thinking about how smart it really was. It's a marriage of two unlikely genres that unexpectedly worked harmoniously. There's more I would like to share but I'm gonna shut my mouth now. Don't really wanna spoil anything. But it's more than what you think it was.

• Josh Needle

★★★★ Rewatched by Josh Needle 27 Apr, 2016

I've never been the asshole to say "oh you just didn't get it" to people who don't like what I like...but if you didn't like Cabin in the Woods, I can't think of any other reason why aside from...well, you just didn't get it!

In all seriousness though, this movie is fantastic. Though technically it isn't truly a "horror" movie, it really is one of the smartest horror movies, if not THE smartest horror movie of this generation. So close to perfect, I love it so much!

• Jackson Ross

★★★★½ Watched by Jackson Ross 18 Apr, 2016

Like throwing all of horror's preconceived notions and putting them in a blender, only to then feed the blended mess to a teenager with serious munchies, the camera placed perfectly in the teen's mouth so the audience can see the absolute chaos perfectly.

• BennyDurden

★½ Watched by BennyDurden 27 Apr, 2016

Cabin in the what?
    I'm a fan of the horror genre, not the splatter, gore and blood type, tho. The best horror movies are the ones with a creepy atmosphere. However, this movie isn't scary at all. Why? Because it is predictable, it doesn't build up any tension due to the weird shifting between the cabin and labour scenes and it simply fails to establish an authentic atmosphere. Despite all that, I have to admit that, in a way, this…

• Trevor Church

★★★★½ Rewatched by Trevor Church 26 Apr, 2016

I was afraid it might get stale after the 5th time.

Nah.

• Joshua Huffman

★★★★½ Rewatched by Joshua Huffman 26 Apr, 2016

The seamless transitions between true comedy and true horror is unparalleled.

• La Pantalla Invisible
  • kid_kanji

★★★ Watched by kid_kanji 21 Apr, 2016

This review is going to be short, and it is with the ending in mind. While this film is indeed entertaining for the idea about archetypes and molds of contemporary horror films being played with, I felt like the story and the way the film was portrayed came across in such a straight way that I didn't feel more entertained than by the feeling I had while thinking about the movie afterward. It is that kind of movie that you…

• La Pantalla Invisible
  • Anne

★★★ Added by Anne

wtf

• ComicSolution54

★★★ Watched by ComicSolution54 23 Apr, 2016

Interesting concept in this movie of the Haunted House with people in it secretly being a stage for reality TV. The first half was good and very enjoyable, but the plot kind of went to hell after that.