• Kenny

★★★★½ Added by Kenny

One of the best horror films in recent memory. Fresh take on a stale genre!

• Hayley

★★★★★ Rewatched by Hayley 25 Jan, 2015

This ending is still my favorite thing from any horror movie ever.

• Scott D'Agostino

★★★★½ Rewatched by Scott D'Agostino 24 Jan, 2015

The best horror movie of the decade so far. A great commentary on formulaic horror movies and the people who watch them.

• Jo Pussinabox

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jo Pussinabox 24 Jan, 2015

Really enjoyed having a rewatch of this film after not having seen it for a while. Still think that Marty (Fran Kranz) steals the film.

• TheCurs

Added by TheCurs

If a film ain't scary, at least just a little bit,then how can it be classed as a horror film. Showing a few random moderately disquieting images for seconds at a time achieves FUCKING NOTHING if it doesn't lead anywhere. Oh yeah, and we'll chuck in some Zombies (yawn). To those giving this anything above 2 stars, watch Martyrs, Cannibal Holocaust, Funny Games, Irreversible, Suspiria or any horror film that isn't produced by Hollywood or is a sodding remake, it'll…

• alphonse

★★★½ Watched by alphonse 22 Jan, 2015

If you follow my reviews, you probably know that horror movies are not exactly my cup of tea, but that I usually enjoy those that are loaded with dark humour and that don't try too hard to be taken seriously; knowing that, it's not hard to understand why I really enjoyed The Cabin in the Woods, which is an inventive ride that makes fun of everything that's wrong with the genre (and with reality shows) nowadays, but that still feels…

• Taylor Reynolds

★★★★ Watched by Taylor Reynolds 18 Jan, 2015

I don't really understand what I saw just yet. But I kinda loved it.

• Ben Garnhum

★★★★½ Added by Ben Garnhum

Smart, meta, cool, meta.

• stevemanulec

★★★★½ Added by stevemanulec

!!!

• Lia McCloskey

★★★½ Watched by Lia McCloskey 21 Jan, 2015

Just like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, only with more sexism and Fran Kranz.

• zeldarms

★★★★ Rewatched by zeldarms 07 Jan, 2013

Filled to the brim with self-reflection, a sense of knowing and a constant flood of references to the past glories of the horror genre, The Cabin in the Woods somehow avoids being a smug, irritating mess and instead manages the seemingly impossible feat of being an incredible amount of fun all the while remaining fresh, sharp and exciting.

• Jason MD-P

★★★★★ Added by Jason MD-P

Maybe 5 stars is premature, but Whedon has created a new standard for horror. Fantastic!