• Richie Sama

Watched by Richie Sama 29 Nov, 2015

• Fábio

★★★★½ Added by Fábio

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

that part near the end where they release all the creatures...thrilling!

• Calum Russell

★★★★ Added by Calum Russell

A thrilling and genuinely clever deconstruction of the horror genre. The story itself is problematic and the end is a bit of a short-cut cop-out.

Don't ever do a sequel, it wouldn't make any sense.

• lindianerjones

★★★★ Added by lindianerjones

How I adore Joss whedon. That romantical, but also highfunctional relationship he creates between horror and comic is so distintive and recognizable - I can pretty much sense this was his world, as every other world he will introduce.

• alusch14

★★★ Added by alusch14

Really interesting concept that fell short. They missed out on a lot of opportunities to expand on the concept in the middle section of the movie.

The characters were also pretty dull and I didn't really care about any of them even the main girl.

• Agente_Al

★★★★★ Watched by Agente_Al 19 Apr, 2015

Puede parecer la típica peli de jovenzuelos que van a una cabaña en medio de la nada y mueren uno a uno a manos de un sádico asesino, pero no (Y HASTA AHÍ PUEDO CONTAR).
    Con un planteamiento absolutamente genial, te mantiene pegado a la pantalla todo el tiempo.

Ya estás tardando en verla.

• Earl Woods

★★★★ Watched by Earl Woods 14 Apr, 2012

I can say little about first-time director Drew Goddard's The Cabin in the Woods without spoiling the experience for those who haven't seen it. But I will say that this film is one of the most imaginative and enjoyable works I've seen in years. It's brave, innovative and will linger in your thoughts long after the house lights brighten.

Goddard - best known for his work as a writer on Lost, Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer - takes all…

• Steven Cohen

★★★★★ Rewatched by Steven Cohen 19 Sep, 2015

I've seen The Cabin in the Woods many times. I was worried about it being maybe too many, but Drew Goddard's direction keeps even the less interesting cabin moments in the first half appropriately tense. And of course all of the behind the scenes stuff never fails to be clever or interesting.

• Bryan Reeves

Techs 15/20
    Entertainment 15/20

• Daniel Mendelson

★★★★ Rewatched by Daniel Mendelson 16 Nov, 2015

The Cabin in the Woods is one of those few brilliant movies that just engrosses you from the beginning and then continues to fascinate and surprise you throughout. It is as much reasoned commentary and popcorn flick and somehow manages to be one without sacrificing the other. This is a great movie not only for nerds who like movies, but also for anyone interested in the stories people tell. It's scary, funny, ridiculous, smart and never feels forced.

• Chris Vallée

★★★★ Watched by Chris Vallée 14 Nov, 2015

What a uniquely clever and unexpectedly rewarding horror film this turned out to be! The concept of having the traditional slasher archetypical characters offered as a ritual sacrifice to appease the gods is genius, as if to say that every slasher film that has come before has all been to serve this greater purpose. And the fact that this sacrificial service is portrayed as a bureaucratic corporate organization is a cheeky jab at the film industry in general--A higher power with a rotating selection of monsters at their disposal and the ability to manipulate the outcome to suit their advantage.

• Noah Wilson

★★★★½ Watched by Noah Wilson 11 Nov, 2015

This film draws inspiration from Scream, but takes it a step closer to the comedy side of things. i'll avoid spoilers, but the plot is perfectly thought out to bring attention to the cliches and repetitiveness of the horror genre.

A very fun, well made, and sometimes hilarious satire. Horror fan or no, I'd highly recommend it.