• Professor Pizza

★★★★ Rewatched by Professor Pizza 02 Oct, 2015

Alright, gremlins. Let's kick off ‪#‎31daysofhorror‬ 2012s "Cabin in the Woods."

When this trailer first came out, I didn't think shit of it. It looked like another crappy horror movie for people that don't watch horror. You know, spooky light.

Patrick from Crypticus sat me down and said: "You keep saying you want a new Horror paradigm. Buddy, you got one right here."
    After some hemming and hawwing (and flexing, probably), we threw the movie on. I remember not thinking…

• Luca Lagerstrom

★★★★½ Added by Luca Lagerstrom

'The Cabin In The Woods' is proof that creativity still exists in movies.

• Adam Cadre

★★½ Watched by Adam Cadre 25 Aug, 2015

• Shane Ongley

★★★★ Added by Shane Ongley

I’ll say right up front that I am about as far from being a fan of horror films as anyone can be but damn it if I didn’t love this movie. I’d imagine that if you are actually a horror movie fan that you would love it even more.

The Cabin In The Woods is directed by Drew Goddard, this was his first time directing and he did a really good job. The real star here though is Joss Whedon,…

• sarCCastro

★★★★★ Rewatched by sarCCastro 24 Sep, 2015

Buncha white kids are so damned privileged, they just let the whole world end.

• Xerxes Visser

★★★★ Added by Xerxes Visser

Amazing and kept me on my toes. The ending was ridiculous. Great film.

• Craig Duffy

★★★★ Rewatched by Craig Duffy 24 Sep, 2015

If you're only gonna make one horror film in your career, might as well make EVERY horror film at once.

• cherprayers

★★★★★ Rewatched by cherprayers 23 Sep, 2015

God I love this film. It makes me think about the awful tropes in horror we have to endure time and time again. I really like that it makes you think about this universe where horror films exist for a much higher cause as well. Also, it's incredible to watch a movie that's equal parts humorous and terrifying.

Plus, the elevator scene.

• Lola_Garlochi

★★★ Watched by Lola_Garlochi 10 Sep, 2015

I've heard about this movie before watching it but I haven't seen it because I couldn't believe that was good. Actually, it is!! The point is how it moves from a typical horror atmosphere to an humorous one, avoiding taking itself very seriously (which is what usually ruins these movies, I guess).

• Bryan W

★★★★ Rewatched by Bryan W 06 Sep, 2015

A fiendishly clever meta-feat that uses its blueprint to slap you in the face with an amusing, ingenious and unexpected plot -- matched only by its screwy tonality which reveals what may or may not be lurking in the woods.

One of the more inventive "horror" movies from the past few years. ‘The Cabin in the Woods’ is a fantastic contribution which parodies and perfectly dissects its sub-genre, with a sly tongue-and-cheek nod; bypassing quintessential rules before quickly sliding back…

• Mike Aronov

★★★★★ Watched by Mike Aronov 18 Sep, 2015

Easily one of the most clever and fun movies I've ever seen. Equal doses of humor and horror without either one overstaying its welcome or feeling thin.

• Cody

★★★★★ Watched by Cody 17 Sep, 2015

I honestly don't know why but took me this long to rewatch this gem.

Everything is meticulously planned out and executed perfectly. There is a perfect balance between the scares and the comedy, really adding the effect that it can be both funny and scary.

The cast was fantastic. Everyone seemed to fit their roles perfectly, which eas really surprising. The big surprise of Sigourney Weaver was a great as well.

The balance between the horror and comedy really was…