• Zonnywhoop

★★½ Watched by Zonnywhoop 21 Oct, 2014

Has it's moments, but ultimately falls victim to the very genre pitfalls it wants to be satirizing. It's saving grace is the genuinely funny collaboration of Richard Jenkins and Bradley Whitford, who steal the show.

• Ryster

★★★★ Rewatched by Ryster 21 Oct, 2014

Hoop-Tober film #27 - The Cabin in the Woods

In my review for The Evil Dead I said that Evil Dead inspired the cabin in the woods type films we see today. This film does have a few similarities but there's a reason because of it and I can't tell you because it will spoil the film. I actually can't say a lot about Cabin in the Woods because the whole film is kinda one big spoiler. There's lots of…

• YI JIAN

★★★★½ Rewatched by YI JIAN 22 Oct, 2014 5

Hoop-Tober Challenge (For Beginners) Film #22

[ding]

Cabin in the Woods also known as the film with one of the best opening and title sequence of all time -- Two scientists chatting on a regular work day when suddenly big red fucking fonts hit the screen accompanied by a piercing scream, the camera then cuts immediately to a peaceful neighborhood, where a pants-less Kristen Connolly gradually finds her place on screen. Can this film get any better? It's like they…

• Jacob Gehman

★★★★★ Added by Jacob Gehman

Don't read any reviews. Don't spoil it. Just go in and enjoy. A pure masterpiece.

• Lucas

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lucas 18 Oct, 2014

Alright so this is up there on one of my all time favorite horror movies, the story is unique and original which in this day and age is next to impossible to see. It had all the great horror elements from the cheesy dialogue to the gore and frights. This is a great film and I highly recommend it for anyone, not just fans of the horror genre.

• Dylan Brandsema

★★½ Watched by Dylan Brandsema 20 Oct, 2014

Me before seeing Cabin In The Woods: Fuck Joss Whedon

Me half way into watching Cabin In The Woods: Wow, this is actually pretty good! I kinda like it!

Me after seeing Cabin In The Woods: Fuck Joss Whedon

• Rodney Terrell

★★★★½ Rewatched by Rodney Terrell 20 Oct, 2014

Drew Goddard's and Joss Whedon's wonderful love hate letter to the horror genre holds up every time. The right mix of meta humor and monster insanity makes me a happy panda. Clever and bloody in all the right ways.

• Curtis

★★★★½ Watched by Curtis 20 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• dominoparker

★★★★ Rewatched by dominoparker 20 Oct, 2014

Upon re-watching this in a bar with no sound (subtitles only), while drinking a gin and tonic I have to conclude it's the best genre send up I've seen since Airplane!.

• ganjer09

★★★½ Watched by ganjer09 20 Oct, 2014

I don't find the movie a masterpiece like some people do, but I must admit it's one of the most original horror stories in a long time.

• JC13

★★★★ Watched by JC13 16 Oct, 2014

Film #33 of JC13's I Do Believe I Just Shit Myself September/October Horror Marathon

"Good work, zombie arm."- Marty

The Cabin in the Woods is such a fun film. It borrows heavily from The Evil Dead, but has many original ideas so it doesn't feel like a complete ripoff. The final act is one of the most crazy things you'll ever see, but it was pretty awesome! Kristen Connolly is great in the lead role and Chris Hemsworth, Fran Kranz,…

• Sean Cordy

★★★ Watched by Sean Cordy 18 Oct, 2014

Probably need to see more horror to see its parody and criticism of the genre. Takes awhile for anything to really come of it otherwise, would pass overall.

Not discrediting it, just my own anticipation from not watching it sooner.