• Cactus Matt

★★★★★ Added by Cactus Matt

The ability to surprise can be a film’s greatest gift, but even with those surprises revealed this inventive take on the horror genre is breathtakingly bold, smart and exciting from beginning to end.

• Susanne

★★★ Watched by Susanne 25 Mar, 2015

was this supposed to be funny or scary???? because i was laughing the whole time while my friends were screaming and falling of the couch

• Bryan Williams

★★★★½ Rewatched by Bryan Williams 22 Mar, 2015

Spider-Man is in good hands. Drew Goddard is the real deal.

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★★ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

More comedy than horror, but I'm ok with that.

• Mathew

★★★½ Added by Mathew

All i can say is i love the gore and comedy in this movie!!! xD

But everything else is kinda iffy

• Keelee von Cupcake

★★★★★ Watched by Keelee von Cupcake 15 Apr, 2012

This highly anticipated Whedon-helmed masterpiece was more than worth the wait. While it isn't particularly creepy, it is clever, thrilling, and simply delightful, a real love letter to the genre. Forrest loved it too, and it's much harder to get him on board with one of my movies. I did feel like the ending was a bit of a cheap shot, but otherwise, stellar work all around.

• Arthur Tuoto

★★ Watched by Arthur Tuoto 22 Mar, 2015 2

Até gosto das intenções do filme e do fato dele funcionar nessa dinâmica assumidamente prazerosa desde o começo. Mas rola uma obsessão tão grande e tão constante em ser descolado nessa autoconsciência de gênero, que me parece acaba bloqueando quase que completamente o lugar de uma experiência cinematográfica mais elementar; fica bem longe de um Wes Craven, por exemplo, que em quase todos os filmes da franquia Pânico soube como ninguém destilar comentários autoconscientes e ainda preservar toda uma essência narrativa muito autêntica. O artifício aqui é tão obcecado em se renovar que a própria experiência cinematográfica acaba se comprometendo, apesar de momentos isolados bem inspiradores.

• Andy Summers

★★★ Rewatched by Andy Summers 22 Mar, 2015

I must admit that as far as horror movies go, this is certainly different. Turning the genre on its head for laughs with more blood than an abattoir, this took a new approach in its quest to find an audience wanting something original. Directed by Drew Goddard and co-written by Joss Whedon, there was always going to be creative twists and they promised us something fresh. What we didn't expect was this, but it is certainly original. Satirical and undeniably funny in places, this poked fun at the usual horror staples and took an ingenious step forward in what we should expect from future horror films.

• Sam

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sam 22 Mar, 2015

I don't think I'll ever get tired of this.

• Nino Vukalovic

★★★½ Watched by Nino Vukalovic 13 Mar, 2015

Horror movies are probably the film genre that gets the least amount of respect from the critics, and it's easy to see why, as the majority of them have very little substance, relying on fear and shock instead of character development. They are also riddled with tropes and cliches, making it so that once you've seen a certain amount of them, you will pretty much be able to predict every single one, causing them to lose the things you're watching…

• Cactus Matt

★★★★★ Added by Cactus Matt

A unique twist on various horror tropes, combined with a witty and intelligent script from Joss Whedon makes for one of the most wholly original films of its type in a long while.

• fdash

★★★½ Added by fdash

Hilarious shit. End lovecraft reference is awesome.