• mrmoogshoes

★★★★★ Added by mrmoogshoes

Probably the ultimate postmodern horror film. Spot on. Hilarious. Playful and bloody. The wet dream of horror film endings.

• Christina

½ Watched by Christina 06 Feb, 2016

this was...so bad...

• jesse hicks

★★ Added by jesse hicks

i watched this tonight because it was my friend Liam's birthday. makes me wish i watched CUBE. kind of reminded me of CUBE in the way that its a horror movie that is based on placing people somewhere to make them die or be scared. kind of stupid

• Josh Needle

Added by Josh Needle

Love It!

• Spencer

★★★½ Added by Spencer

not what i thought it'd be. i'd give it four stars but chris hemsworth dies SO

• 菲菲 mary

★★★½ Watched by 菲菲 mary 03 Feb, 2016

Soooo smug and too cynical. Like: 'horror movies are so shit, here's my superficial meta commentary of that, therefore this movie is superior'. Such typical Whedon.

• Francisco Rosa

★★★★½ Rewatched by Francisco Rosa 01 Feb, 2016

A truly stunning, clever, funny and horrific film that takes the conventions of the genre and twists them in unexpected ways. Even better the second time around!

• Ashley Shannon

★★★★ Added by Ashley Shannon

The Cabin in the Woods is a 2012 horror-comedy. Directed by Drew Goddard (Cloverfield writer) and co-written by Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Serenity) the film stars Chris Hemsworth (Thor, Star Trek), Richard Jenkins (Stepbrothers, Let Me In) and Bradley Whitford (The West Wing). The movie was completed in 2009 but was delayed due to MGM's financial troubles.

The Cabin in the Woods follows 5 college kids as they go on a weekend break to stay in the titular…

• Magyktime

★★★½ Added by Magyktime

Really good meta horror film

• TatsuyaNakadai

★★★ Added by TatsuyaNakadai

+ All of the office humour is delightful. The teens are pretty funny too, up to a point.
    + Interesting concept overall, especially the battle royale at the end.
    + David Julyan's score isn't necessarily exceptional, but I'm just so happy he's still working.

- I lost almost all interest the second the teens are stalked and killed one by one. Winking at the camera about how by-the-numbers all the slashing is does not excuse how by-the-numbers it is.

• Lashaya

★★★★★ Added by Lashaya

perfect twist on the horror genre. great cast and highly entertaining

• Matt

★★★★ Added by Matt

★★★★ [80/100]

"You Think You Know The Story."

When the trailers for "The Cabin in the Woods" came out, it looked as formulaic as a horror film can get. Teenagers; a jock, a stoner, a cheerleader, a 'nerd', and the virgin; the main female protagonist. They're warned not to go to a cabin, where they're about to stay for the weekend. What else can we expect? They go to the cabin, they party, have sex, etc. then one by one…