• Guillermo Bosque

★★★★½ Watched by Guillermo Bosque 17 Nov, 2012

Summary: "The Cabin in the Woods" is refreshing, complex, wicked and its final act is the dream of every horror fan. 95/100 [A]

Directed by Drew Goddard and starring Fran Kranz and Kristen Connolly "The Cabin in the Woods" is definitely the best horror film of 2012, not only for its excellent reviews, it's the horror film of the year for its refreshing and original screenplay that revolutionized the horror genre. It's a little bit slow, the first 35 minutes…

• MrPootytang

★★★★ Watched by MrPootytang 30 Sep, 2014

• CinemaClown

★★★½ Watched by CinemaClown 29 Sep, 2014 6

A little warm-up before I kick off my contribution to Cine's Hoop-Tober Challenge in a couple of days!

Surfacing as a fresh breathe of life in what is slowly becoming a dying genre with every passing year, The Cabin in the Woods is a smartly crafted satirical horror film that dares to do something different with its genre, is cleverly structured like a jigsaw puzzle that keeps dropping hints every now n then, and succeeds as a quality example of…

• Aaron King

★★★★½ Rewatched by Aaron King 28 Sep, 2014 10

A horror film that has one of the greatest third acts of any horror film to date.

• Glucifer

• Athina

★★ Watched by Athina 11 Jul, 2014

• moviemanwill

★★★ Added by moviemanwill

I feel like this film simultaneously shows the problem of all horror films while being the representation of the problem with modern horror fans, if that makes sense.

To break it down.

Cleverness + World Building Lore are favored more than Humanity + Darkest Aspects of Human Condition + Fear.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 12 Mar, 2014

The Cabin in the Woods has one of the coolest and most intriguing movie posters I’ve ever seen, but that’s pretty much it. It received widespread critical acclaim and I cannot comprehend why. Yes, the general premise looked very promising from the very first scene but it never delivered. Its black humor wasn’t sharp, witty or funny and its satirical intentions fell horribly flat. As a plain horror film it wasn’t good either and the gory scenes were completely ridiculous.

• kelsey

★★★★★ Added by kelsey

perfection tbh

• Robert Armitage

★★★★ Rewatched by Robert Armitage 18 Sep, 2014

This is a solid film that delivers on it's premise. It feels very quick. Everyone does a great job. Yeaaaa! It does feel a bit antiseptic, but all the world's a stage and what can you do.
    Also, I like to believe things are a bit less apocalyptic than The Director makes them out to be. Go humanity!

• AshWasilewski

★★★★ Added by AshWasilewski

I should start off by saying that this is a fantastic film. The movie is tastefully satirical in that the stereotypical "spooky house in the woods" setting was used to the story's advantage (for once). Usually, when comedy and horror are combined, disaster is unavoidable (seen in the hilarious, yet very distasteful and cheesy "Scary Movie" series of films). The Cabin in the Woods is far from disasterous. The movie itself wants you to keep watching, proven by the funny…