• sambie strumpet

★★½ Watched by sambie strumpet 17 Apr, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• sandrocorvetto

Watched by sandrocorvetto 10 Apr, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Marco Gennuso

★★★½ Added by Marco Gennuso

A bit of a slow burn, but the end results leave you wanting to punish every child you see. It takes a much more grounded and realistic approach to the "killer children" genre and it's terrifying. And the lead girl looks so much like Emma Stone. Watch it!

• Bill Thompson

★★★★ Watched by Bill Thompson 31 Jan, 2014

Place setting done right, creepiness achieved through actual filmmaking, wonderful little unseen horror.

• monolithicbunny

Watched by monolithicbunny 14 Jan, 2014

Heard positive things about this one; to my surprise, it is awful on every level. Now, in turn, I'm surprised anyone would feel having subjected themselves to this was time well spent. Its' worthlessness makes me unwilling to even write anything non-superficial about it. The place it was shot is beautiful, that is all I have to say in its' favour.

• Adrian vom Baur

★★★ Watched by Adrian vom Baur 09 Jan, 2014

After about 20 minutes of terrible dialogue, mediocre acting, and all the visual flair of a daytime soap opera, I was seriously contemplating just turning this off. But then the mayhem started, and the film became much better in the process.
    The rest of it still looks and feels like cheap tv, but I really like how the film doesn't pull any punches with its premise and fully commits to the utterly creepy scenario of parents having to deal with their suddenly murderous children. The ending's pretty good, too!

• Scott Adcock

★★★★ Watched by Scott Adcock 06 Jan, 2014 3

This came recommended as an alternative Christmas film in the latest issue of Scream magazine...and how right they are!!

As sick as it sounds, I like seeing kids die (only in films Daily Mail readers...only in films!!) and this has plenty of that. Also a bunch of absolutely awful adults get it at the hands...and pencils...of their evil offspring.

You are not really sure why the kids are getting murder-y...might be a virus, might be weird radio waves affecting their…

• Martin

★★★★ Watched by Martin 27 Dec, 2013

Two annoying middle class families go to spend Christmas together in a beautiful old house, with gorgeous snow-covered lawns. While the parents sit around drinking Chardonnay and talking about home schooling and alternative therapies, the children start to show signs of being slightly unwell. Before long they are behaving out of character, and unpleasant accidents begin happening.

I wasn't expecting to be impressed by this film. Horror movies featuring children don't normally scare me. But this one proved to be…

• Dayna Newman

★★★★★ Added by Dayna Newman

When I watched "The ChildrenI was in awe, I was expecting it to be decent but this film way exceeded my expectations.

I will give a brief synopsis because you can read the synopsis anywhere you look up the film.

It's New Years Eve, and two families are meeting to celebrate the holiday together, both families have two kids.One of the families has a teenage daughter as well...The kids start getting sick then all bets are off.

They start to…

• Liam Underwood

★★★½ Rewatched by Liam Underwood 22 Dec, 2013

After watching the somewhat sappy Love Actually (2003) earlier, we decided that The Children would be a suitable festive movie to watch during the evening. I'm not traditionally of the opinion that young children are delightful little darlings - this movie only validates that opinion. The idea of spending a holiday season in a house that small with that many children is horrifying enough, but when the children start violently acting out this movie gets really interesting. I was actually…

• Freddie Young

★★★★ Watched by Freddie Young 18 Dec, 2013

While it won't be a classic holiday horror film anytime soon, THE CHILDREN is still a film I would recommend for this time of year. The family drama is fairly interesting, the kills aren't too bad, and the direction is pretty darn solid. Did I mention the film has creepy little kids murdering adults? Always a fun time during the holidays, huh? It's not a perfect film and it's not original in the slightest. But for what it is, THE…

• Jens

★★★★ Watched by Jens 08 Nov, 2013

As if kids are not already annnoying enough, these ones really take the crown.

Seriously good killer-kids movie with a simple, but very neat storyline and an equally un-fussy direction. Enjoyable and highly recommended as a christmas movie if want to convince your partner to stop procreating.