• Paul Berkeley

★★½ Watched by Paul Berkeley 12 Dec, 2014

An original movie from the UK about two families who get together over the Christmas holidays.The children then decidedly go mental literally turning on their parents and mayhem ensues.It starts off pretty slow but is a reasonable watch for a low budget horror.Interesting to note that not just the adults are victims in this,something I have not really seen before in horror movies except maybe "The Blob" remake.

• Lucas

★★½ Watched by Lucas 05 Dec, 2014

Not a bad movie, just didn't really explain a plot so much kinda had a The Happening vibe to it. "Why is this happening?" Answer "Because..." That's not good enough, EXPLAIN its just annoying. Besides that not a bad B-Movie, and good enough for Jingle Hell!

• Am Y

★★ Added by Am Y

I'd given up trying to find logic in shows like this (they had 2 cars for god's sake, and what happened to emergency services?!). I wanted to see innocent, cherubic kids kill and mutilate dumb adults, which is essentially what this movie delivers, and in sufficient doses. So, fair enough. Other than that, there are absolutely no surprises.

• Freddie Young

★★★★ Rewatched by Freddie Young 30 Nov, 2014

• ryrowuzhere

★★½ Watched by ryrowuzhere 20 Nov, 2014

Some kids exposed to some kind of virus/germ that turned them into some creepy malevolent and violent kids. They started to kill their parents/adults. The adults tried to fight back. That's basically how the story goes. And yeah, there will be bloody and gory scenes. And English accents. And annoying kids (there are five of them so bear with it). It was a pretty good try, but this movie made me feel VERY uncomfortable. I like the ambiguous ending, tho.

• Erik Hawkins

★★★½ Watched by Erik Hawkins 09 Nov, 2014

What a pleasant surprise this was; much better than "Makinov"'s rubbish Come Out and Play. This is also one of those films in which the use of child actors seems to border on child abuse - and that is always a good thing when it comes to horror, in my opinion.

Shankland expertly and mercilessly builds anxiety throughout the first 45 minutes or so using color and ever-so-slightly "off" glimpses of ordinary things to unnerve us. He trains us to…

• Waldo

★★★★ Watched by Waldo 27 Oct, 2014 1

I stumbled into this one channel surfing on IFC. I thought it was a remake of a kooky movie by the same name from 1980 where children fry adults by touching them after going through a toxic cloud or some crap. Here a holiday turns into shit for 2 couples when their little brats start to get homicidal on their asses. Good script and direction that didn't shy away from the real horror of killing your own flesh and blood like a sick, diseased pig. Haha! Good flick.

• Billy Terry

★★★½ Watched by Billy Terry 26 Oct, 2014

Very stressful. The speed that everything started to snowball starting at that dinner was handled really well.

• TenshiMVP

★★★½ Watched by TenshiMVP 09 Oct, 2014 1

I am disappointed that my European friends did not let me know about this British horror film The Children (Looking at you Joanne Myers, Chris Dixon, Mooky Holden Gareth W Morgan, Francis Moridius Decimus Gumble etc..) This movie was fucking crazy! I was not expecting much from this movie. Especially cause honestly it's kids trying to kill the adults but goddamn they casted the creepiest kids I have seen in a film in a long time. The stuff that these kids do will give you chills. After seeing this movie I will never trust a group of little kids ever again

• Joe DiCanio

★★½ Watched by Joe DiCanio 13 Jul, 2011

Rating: C

• Matt Thomas

★★★½ Rewatched by Matt Thomas 02 Oct, 2014

Another example of Paul Andrew Williams' talents - this time as writer. A small, but effective, pot-boiler that gets under your skin and makes you think twice about breeding.

• Ryster

★★★ Watched by Ryster 01 Oct, 2014

Hoop-Tober film #2 - The Children

I remember reading about this film when it first got released. It got me intrigued but I never heard of it again until I was searching for horror films to watch and found this on BBC 2. I was really looking forward to this and it didn't deliever as much as I wanted it to. First of all the story wasn't that great, things don't get resolved like why the kids did what they…