• lobsta

★★★ Watched by lobsta 09 Jun, 2015

Perhaps the most surprising thing I found about the film is that I could do more than watch it but actually enjoy it, considering the director made WAZ, a film so terrible I'm happy to have mostly blanked. The Children is fairly solid as a straight forward creepy child based horror with nice pacing leading towards some satisfyingly and deep deaths. I didn't need an explanation and the biologic explanation was more than enough to suffice. The acting was also…

• Erik Stolpmann

★★★½ Watched by Erik Stolpmann 07 Jun, 2015

Nothing spectacular, but The Children uses clever shots and just the right amount of horrifying moments to capture the contrast between innocence and maturity.

• Warren

★★★ Watched by Warren 07 Jun, 2015

"Didn't you know? I'm the abortion that got away.."

but wait...why did the kids become vicious, killer zombie things again? I mean, I get it started with a sick kid, but where did the 'sickness' come from?

If we're going to have real talk though, from the very first moment you see the children with that evil look in their eye, there's a sense of impending doom. The kids were cast perfectly [never did I think a day would come…

• Bill Thompson

★★★★ Rewatched by Bill Thompson 17 May, 2015

Maybe even better than the first time I watched it. Simple and to the point horror filmmaking; places a heavy emphasis on functionality and leading the viewer to water without forcing them to drink. Suspenseful when it needs to be, and a ride that is very much worth it.

• Gimly

★★★½ Added by Gimly

So the synopsis reads; "What seems like a normal trip to their auntie's and uncle's soon turns into a disaster as uncle Robbie is mysteriously killed after appearing to fall off a sledge, and then mysterious child like figures from the forest start attacking." Which is very, very misleading. The kids were there kids, and we already knew this. So, although that too would've mad e a cool plot, it's not actually what happened. Still, the movie that actually got…

• John Dougherty

Rewatched by John Dougherty 29 Dec, 2014

Features some Z-list acting, working from a weak/clichéd script. But it improves to provide tense scares + a strong ending. #see

• Paul Berkeley

★★½ Watched by Paul Berkeley 12 Dec, 2014

An original movie from the UK about two families who get together over the Christmas holidays.The children then decidedly go mental literally turning on their parents and mayhem ensues.It starts off pretty slow but is a reasonable watch for a low budget horror.Interesting to note that not just the adults are victims in this,something I have not really seen before in horror movies except maybe "The Blob" remake.

• Lucas

★★½ Watched by Lucas 05 Dec, 2014

Not a bad movie, just didn't really explain a plot so much kinda had a The Happening vibe to it. "Why is this happening?" Answer "Because..." That's not good enough, EXPLAIN its just annoying. Besides that not a bad B-Movie, and good enough for Jingle Hell!

• Am Y

★★ Added by Am Y

I'd given up trying to find logic in shows like this (they had 2 cars for god's sake, and what happened to emergency services?!). I wanted to see innocent, cherubic kids kill and mutilate dumb adults, which is essentially what this movie delivers, and in sufficient doses. So, fair enough. Other than that, there are absolutely no surprises.

• Freddie Young

★★★★ Rewatched by Freddie Young 30 Nov, 2014

• ryrowuzhere

★★½ Watched by ryrowuzhere 20 Nov, 2014

Some kids exposed to some kind of virus/germ that turned them into some creepy malevolent and violent kids. They started to kill their parents/adults. The adults tried to fight back. That's basically how the story goes. And yeah, there will be bloody and gory scenes. And English accents. And annoying kids (there are five of them so bear with it). It was a pretty good try, but this movie made me feel VERY uncomfortable. I like the ambiguous ending, tho.

• Erik Hawkins

★★★½ Watched by Erik Hawkins 09 Nov, 2014

What a pleasant surprise this was; much better than "Makinov"'s rubbish Come Out and Play. This is also one of those films in which the use of child actors seems to border on child abuse - and that is always a good thing when it comes to horror, in my opinion.

Shankland expertly and mercilessly builds anxiety throughout the first 45 minutes or so using color and ever-so-slightly "off" glimpses of ordinary things to unnerve us. He trains us to…