• griezmann

★★★★★ Added by griezmann

- this movie was everything
    - idk why it didn't do so well
    - i liked it???
    - skandar keynes OMFG
    - georgie henley <333
    - ben barnes <333
    - anna popplewell tho omg
    - in her like
    - 5 seconds of screentime

• Barnaby Walter

★★★★ Rewatched by Barnaby Walter 24 Jan, 2012

A very good adaptation of my favourite Narnia novel. David Arnold delicately reworks Gregson-Williams's original Narnia themes to create a wonderful score.

A note on the viewing: Viewed in HD at 2K resolution from the UK Blu-ray disc. The image has been 'opened-up' to a 1.78:1 ratio so as to fill a TV screen. The framing still looks fine so one must assume this was always intended when the film was shot. The film certainly looks gorgeos on Blu-ray.

• Benjamin Devasir

★★ Rewatched by Benjamin Devasir 25 May, 2014

It was on TV and my mum really wanted to watch it, because she had forgotten all about watching it when it first came out. We're both huge Narnia buffs, but even she recognized how poor to mediocre this was. Sucks especially for me, because I love the Voyage of the Dawn Treader book, and I was really hoping it would be better after the disaster that was the Prince Caspian film adaptation.

• Alastair Hendry

★★★ Watched by Alastair Hendry 18 May, 2011

An enjoyable addition to the series that picked up towards the end. I thought it plodded on for much of it's runtime and was poorly paced but the child actors were good and the effects were impressive also. (18.5.11)

• Thom D.J.

★★★½ Rewatched by Thom D.J. 27 Apr, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Suzanne Moses

★★★½ Added by Suzanne Moses

Better than the new Caspian at least.

• Frank Future

★★½ Rewatched by Frank Future 07 Apr, 2014

It can't be a good sign if it takes you 20 minutes to recognize that you've seen the damn thing... In the cinema, of all places.

• Chris

★★½ Watched by Chris 02 Apr, 2014

Nicely done, but overly long and too meaningless in the end - or maybe I'm just too old for this kind of fantasy movie.

• Toni Roig

★★½ Watched by Toni Roig 29 Mar, 2014

[English/ Spanish review]

The disappointing box-office results of Prince Caspian led to different uncertainties over the future of the Narnia franchise. Changing hands from Disney to Fox, with a smaller budget and a new director, veteran Michael Apted, The voyage of the Dawn Treader suffers from the 'children of a lesser trilogy' syndrome. The good news is to be found in a long missed Sinbad spirit, which somewhat compensates its various shortcomings.

Los decepcionantes resultados en taquilla de Príncipe Caspian…

• Losa

★★★ Rewatched by Losa 11 Mar, 2014

Watching with friends who haven't seen it. Good 'ol CS Lewis

• fourstarfilmfan

★★★ Added by fourstarfilmfan

I have to say that the C.S. Lewis book is better and with that I would have to also add that is probably my least favorite book in the series. The film was alright and a decent adaption but the previous two films were more enjoyable for me. It could be that I like the other two sources novels better.

• Dave Adamson

★★★ Watched by Dave Adamson 02 Mar, 2014

It's a time of war, yet Edmund can't fight in the war, despite being a king and fighter in Narnia.

Joined by Eustace, Edmund and Lucy must return to Narnia to save the kingdom once more.

The Narnia films are, like the books, of a different age. Even at its most swashbuckling and adventurous, it's still quite gentle and there's little here that wouldn't be seen as charming to all but the most jaded of film viewer.
    Visually, the location…