• Panta Oz

★★★½ Added by Panta Oz

It was a must for me to see this movie... the ship was for many weeks just there where I live (Narnia?... no part of Brisbane in Australia), almost at the front of my house, with all the hassle which comes with that. But, it was worth putting up with all of it seeing the end result.

It's not the best movie of the trilogy, but it is an important part which concludes the wonderfully created adventures of Narnia. It…

• Monk

★★★★½ Watched by Monk 29 Dec, 2010

I had seen the first movie, but missed the second one. Not by choice, but just have never gotten a chance to see it yet. I went to go see this one in 3-D at the theater and I really enjoyed it. It had an amazing look, great computer animated special effects, a great story, good performances, and the symbolism has an impact if you are willing to look for it. I kinda had low expectations due to the reviews,…

• Beggarsoshat

★★★★ Added by Beggarsoshat

Dawn Treader gains a new studio and a bit of the magic of the first, and all it had to sacrifice was Ben Barnes' silly Spanish accent. Also the welcome addition of Will Poulter, who manages to make one of Lewis's most objectionable characters palatable.

• Cinematic Justice

★★ Watched by Cinematic Justice 10 Dec, 2010

It's funny, at the time I remember thinking of this as a much more faithful adaptation than Prince Caspian, but in retrospect it's so much less memorable or interesting in any way. I don't remember literally anything about this movie other than the scene where they get sucked back into Narnia through the painting. It left almost no impression on me.

• Robert

★★★½ Watched by Robert 11 Jan, 2015

Out of the three films made so far in this Hollywood series of adaptations, this one is the least faithful to the book and quite a number of things are changed, moved around or embellished to make it more cinamatic. The changes work and the film carries the same pace as the previous two.

I'm not wild about any of the films, but they're probably the best that you could hope for.

• Nadine Keels

★★★★½ Added by Nadine Keels

They could not have cast a more perfect Eustace. A worthy continuation to the Narnia series.

__________________________
    My corresponding reading: The Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis.

• LiteYear

★½ Watched by LiteYear 04 Jan, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

It's a bland kid's adventure movie. I haven't enjoyed any of this series despite it having good potential. A waste of potential really. This one should have been a lot more atmospheric. The camera work and editing wasn't very good most of the time, though occasionally had some nice swooping shots over the scenery. And it was painfully obvious it was designed for 3D. The special effects weren't that high quality either. I think it's fine for kids, but didn't…

• jwicks86

★★★ Watched by jwicks86 04 Jan, 2015

One too many plot contrivances but fans of the book wont feel angry.

• MovieGuru

★★★ Added by MovieGuru

I remember seeing this in the cinema. It obviously doesn't beat the first in this sequel but it's better than Prince Caspian. It slots in right through then idle, and quite perfectly s given those that made this film probably expected the same. It wasn't great enough to bring a new set of fans to the franchise, but with its special effects and visual along with the good supporting cast gives those loyalists, like myself, the opportunity ton arch what was a good film.

• Nightwalker

½ Watched by Nightwalker 27 Dec, 2014

Exit Susan and Peter, enter Eustace. Two of the main protagonists of the previous two movies are replaced by a new one. Just like in the books. But at what price? Will Poulter may have a very characteristic face (which is a good thing), but is one of the worst child actors I've ever seen. On top of that Ben Barnes again plays Prince Caspian (who is almost unrecognizable compared to the previous film) but with no Spanish accent whatsoever.…

• Jeffrywith1e

★★★★½ Watched by Jeffrywith1e 28 Dec, 2014

First time viewing the film. Kiddos and I loved it. They hit all the main plot points, added a few cinematic things, missed some good book scenes, but stuck to the main (and potentially offensive) theme. Good for them.

• Chloe

★★★½ Added by Chloe

The best of them all. Being older, the children were able to be put into more peril and the story was more exciting. Only three children allowed me to follow the story more easily. This was a little darker than the rest of them. I have not read this book so the story was new and exciting for me. Narnia at it's best.