• megamo

★★★★★ Added by megamo

Everything a documentary should be...and one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen on film.

• Bryan Colley

★★★★ Added by Bryan Colley

A doc that's a real life heist film. I've always questioned the tactics of activists, most of whom must feel very powerless to do anything. Certainly making this film will have much more impact than some of the other things tried in this movie, but the "hero" has very personal reasons for what he does that elevates this beyond the political and justifies everything. Good film that could actually change things.

• Bryan Colley

★★★★ Added by Bryan Colley

• andylove

★★★★★ Watched by andylove 20 Feb, 2015

DVD

• George Bidwell

★★★★½ Watched by George Bidwell 16 Feb, 2015

The Cove is a brilliantly juxtaposed activism tale that disguises itself as a high-wire crime thriller. It's tension and thrills really opens the viewer to some important and powerful things. Similar to Blackfish, this shows corruption and darkness in marine mammal capture and slaughter. The tension and energy is really great and the stories it tells are really important. The experience is visceral but the message is breathtaking.

• MrGutierrez

★★★★½ Watched by MrGutierrez 22 Jan, 2015

'The Cove' es uno de esos documentales, que te cambian la vida y la manera de ver las cosas.

El golpe tan frío de la realidad actual sobre la caza indiscriminada de cetáceos en Asia (Y no sólo aquí)

Lo peor: Qué el documental sea del 2009 y todavía sigan masacrando delfines.

www.thecovemovie.com/

• William Kretschmer

★★★½ Watched by William Kretschmer 12 Sep, 2010

Using state-of-the-art equipment, a group of activists, led by renowned dolphin trainer Ric O'Barry, infiltrate a cove near Taijii, Japan to expose both a shocking instance of animal abuse and a serious threat to human health.
    Committed and convincing documentary, although it does appear that much of the material was built onto the few minutes of shocking scenes that had been accrued.

• Hollie Horror

★★★★★ Watched by Hollie Horror 12 Jan, 2015

Everyone knows it's not just Japan, right?

People should come to Norway and make a documentary about the whaling activity that still takes place here and in Iceland.

For those in the U.S.

And the UK.

• Dennis Thomsen

★★★★★ Watched by Dennis Thomsen 09 Jan, 2015 2

FUCK JAPAN

• MattyP

★★★★½ Added by MattyP 1

This documentary just straight up pissed me off. If you have seen it then you will understand. It is vicious and disgusting at the same time. Don't get me wrong the actual film is great, just the story is sickening.

I do not want to give too much away, but it deals with the fishing practices of a small Japanese village. The sea gets turned blood red and you will understand why it won the Best Documentary award in 2010.…

• Kauri Chennai Singh

Added by Kauri Chennai Singh 1

I haven't seen it.... But I really wasn't a fan a Black "Sea World is Evil" Fish. Hopefully I like this.

• Matt Wooldridge

★★★★ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 17 Mar, 2010

Amazing doco about some brave people that went in and documented the totally screwed up treatment of dolphins in a secret cove in Japan. It also goes to lengths to show us just how special dolphins are, which was just as fascinating. I had no idea the man that was running this entire operation was the original trainer on the series Flipper. People need to see this.