• nrbeaton

★★★★ Watched by nrbeaton 01 Apr, 2012

A well-made and very confronting documentary.

• panikoval500

★★★★★ Added by panikoval500

• Kaysully

★★★★★ Added by Kaysully

I think this documentary told the true facts and horrible truth of what happens to these beautiful creatures. This whole documentary has wonderful shots that tell more about about the story than what is actually being told.

• cronic

★★★½ Watched by cronic 12 Aug, 2015

7/10

• tmifune

★★★½ Watched by tmifune 30 Jul, 2015

Part 10 of The House Challenge in which I try and watch and review all the movies I haven't seen in my house.

*Borrowed Movies #2*

Title: The Cove (2009)

Directed by: Louie Psihoyos

Why I Have it: Mom borrowed it from a co-worker I think.

Description: Environmentalist expose documentary about dolphin hunting in Japan. Won the Oscar for best documentary at the 2009 Oscars.

Thoughts: Rousing, exciting and emotionally stirring, The Cove is a great doc, especially by a…

• JaySalahi

★★★½ Watched by JaySalahi 17 Jun, 2010

B (85)

• Momo_13

★★★★ Added by Momo_13

Confronting documentary about a specific annual dolphin slaughter in Taiji, Japan, as well as the dolphin training industry in general.
    Graphic scenes of dolphin slaughter combine with the emotional testimonies of one Mr. Ric O'Barry, former Flipper trainer, to create an experience both heartbreaking and hopeful, and a message that is impossible to create an argument against.

• Richard Webber

★★★★½ Watched by Richard Webber 23 Jun, 2015

An even tougher watch than Blackfish, The Cove goes further in implicating humanity as a whole in the wilful destruction of sentient creatures. I'm wary of being too species focussed when talking about the mass killing of animals for sport, leisure or food, but this is blatant slaughter and cruelty of a sociopathic order. It was simply heartbreaking, and if Louie Psihoyos had to be propagandist to achieve maximum effect, then so be it. I find it very hard to…

• slap

★½ Added by slap

وثائقي من جانب واحد من قبل الامريكين البيض!
    لماذا ندافع عن الدلافين التي يقتل منها ٢٠،٠٠٠ بالسنة ولا ندافع عن الدجاج و البقر و الخنازير الذي يتقل منها المليارات
    هل لان الدلافين اجمل ؟ افضل؟ اذكى؟
    تبين لي بالفيلم ان سبب قتل اليابان للدلافين والحيتان الاخرى اسباب اقتصادية بحته
    اللعب بعواطف الناس من خلال اظهار جمال وذكاء الدلافين لتظليل حقيقة الفيلم
    احب الدلافين والحيتان واكره انها تقتل لكن اعتبره نفاق ان اكل النقانق وانا ادافع عنهم..

من الاخر الفيلم له بعد اقتصادي وسياسي ويستغل عواطف الناس
    هذا غير بعض المعلومات المغلوطه واظهار الصيادين اليابانين بمظهر الوحوش و الناشطين بمظهر الابطال...

• Chloe Leeson

★★★½ Watched by Chloe Leeson 11 Jan, 2015

Another marine life doc, I initially thought The Cove was just going to be a pretty movie about the sea. The reality is much more graphic. In the fishing town of Taiji, Japan, Dolphins are being herded and slaughtered en mass for their meat. Richard O’Barry, a man trying to preserve Dolphins in the wild, takes a team to Taiji in secret and uses hidden cameras to record ad investigate the gruesome goings on, much to the annoyance and suspicion…

• Naughty

★★★★★ Rewatched by Naughty 21 May, 2015 3

_________________________________________________________________

Film #21 of the "Scavenger Hunt 2" Challenge!
    Task #28 : A film that actually changed your mind or opinion about something!
    letterboxd.com/naughty/list/scavenger-hunt-2/

___________________________________________________________________

The film changed me on so many different levels! I learned that the audiences demands to see exotic wildlife in zoo's and sea aquariums actually ends up condemning these animals to death, slaughter, near extinction, or to become victims to poachers!

We can blame the poachers and hunters that seek these animals out for the…

• Keenan

★★★★ Watched by Keenan 05 May, 2015

A pretty powerful documentary that is both informative and dramatic.