• Ali Heidari

★★★★★ Watched by Ali Heidari 26 Jun, 2014

Words can hardly describe how powerful this documentary is, and the lengths to which human cruelty can extend to. Louie Psihoyos and his team infiltrate a secret cove near Taiji, Japan and expose a brutal instance of animal cruelty. This film opens your eyes to the truly devastating fates of thousands of dolphins, who are slaughtered without remorse.Being an animal lover, and my dream to become a zoologist, this film has really inspired me to be active and do whatever…

• Garrett the Mad

★★★★★ Watched by Garrett the Mad 03 Jun, 2014

Maybe the most disturbing movie I've ever seen. As awful as the actions in Blackfish seemed, they pale in comparison to what OPS captured happening to the Taiji dolphins.

I couldn't help but look up whether the slaughtering of dolphins in that lagoon is continuing today, 5 years after the documentary was released to massive acclaim, raising awareness of what's happening. Of course it is. Because that's the way the world works, right?

• Matthew Vallee

★★★½ Watched by Matthew Vallee 30 May, 2014

Watching this film made me very angry not only because of how horribly violent it was, but also because of how senseless the violence was. It's baffling to see these people being so cruel without giving it a second thought, all for the purpose of harvesting meat which is far too poisonous for human consumption. The film really takes its time building up to the main footage of the slaughter and focuses a lot of time behind the scenes of…

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★½ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

The Cove documentary film directed by Psihoyos. Portions who worked as photographer for National Geographic. The documentary won Best Documentary Oscar Award as well as the U.S. Audience Award at Sundance Film Festival.

The documentary covers the secret filming of illegal killings of dolphins with spears at Taiji dolphin drive by Japanese fishermen, sighting it as consuming up small fish to the point that fishery industry almost goes scarce. The number of dolphins killed is 23,000 yearly..

I have read…

• MonkeyOls

Watched by MonkeyOls 21 May, 2014

Possibly the most heart-breaking film I've ever seen.

• Zombie Gene Siskel

Added by Zombie Gene Siskel

An award winning documentary about Japanese fisherman trying to eke out a living with a dying trade.

• stella_ch

★★★★★ Watched by stella_ch 06 May, 2014

Horrific/Important film

• ApeLincoln

★★★★★ Watched by ApeLincoln 03 May, 2014

The Ocean's Eleven of documentaries, which tells a harrowing tale about the mass slaughter of dolphins.

• World Movies
  • Jamie Batten

★★★½ Watched by Jamie Batten 19 Apr, 2014

Depressing and disgusting

• Daniel Charchuk

★★½ Watched by Daniel Charchuk 20 Jan, 2010

The solemnity and seriousness with which these people approach their 'mission' is downright hilarious, as is their sense of supreme self-righteousness and self-importance. It'd be like Man on Wire, if Philippe Petit walked across the Twin Towers to save the rainforests or some shit.

Egotistical liberal bullshit run amuck.

• Manda

★★★★ Watched by Manda 10 Apr, 2014

Very sad.... yet very powerful..