• domith88

★★★★ Added by domith88

I am an avid fan of horror flicks, maybe a little obsessed (I grew up in the 80's, come on!) and out of the plethora of those I have seen this is once of the most horrific films I have laid witness to. Obviously genre films are fake and this is a documentary but true horror transcends the medium it is presented in and invokes a sense of dread in the human spirit which is not easy to shake.

The…

• Nelli Kähärä

★★★★★ Watched by Nelli Kähärä 12 Oct, 2014

Everyone needs to see this.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★ Watched by Joe DiCanio 20 Jul, 2013

Rating: B+

• Jaycelyn Miyazaki

★★★★★ Watched by Jaycelyn Miyazaki 22 Sep, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Alistair

★★★★½ Watched by Alistair 19 Sep, 2014

Despite having a very important message this documentary doesn't try to lecture or force a message on you it just tells the story in a dramatic and engaging way and the tragedy and sadness in the story kept me truly emotionally involved in the story and I was so moved by the film I had to pause it so I could finish crying.

• JDoe

★★★½ Watched by JDoe 15 Sep, 2014

La trascendencia se quedó en los Oscars. Y es que cinco años después, como cada septiembre, se vuelve a las andadas.

Quizás aquí se nos muestra a Japón como el malo de la película, pero el que esté libre de pecado, que tire la primera piedra (véase España y la cultura taurina).

• John

★★ Watched by John 03 Sep, 2014

not very entertaining
    a good expose tho I guess

• Windyblue

★★★★½ Added by Windyblue

Watch on Youtube here

"Once you get here, you're safe. (*points*) This is the first sign that says "do not enter" "
    "We don't know what it says"
    "..-Danger-"
    "We have no idea what it says. It says "Welcome to Taji for all we know"."

Thorough. Thanks.

• Rob Hope

★★★½ Watched by Rob Hope 18 Nov, 2010

Shocking documentary that will leave you stunned for a while and pretty confused at how they get away with the Dolphin slaughtering. The Dave Rastovich protest bit was a bit lame but overall a must see. Not for sensitive viewers.

• Kelly Magovern

★★★★ Watched by Kelly Magovern 16 Aug, 2014

I remember Oprah covered this story back in 2009. She had the filmmakers on her show and I watched the episode thinking, "Okay, I get it." And so, I never actually watched the whole documentary. So, here I am in 2014 and I thought, "Eh, maybe I should watch the whole thing." It was very good, but since I already knew about it, I didn't feel that overwhelming shock that one might feel seeing it for the first time.

• Shade1978

★★★★★ Rewatched by Shade1978 15 Aug, 2014

Shocking first time round Shockng 2nd time around. Must Watch!!!

• joelymalereview

★★ Watched by joelymalereview 09 Aug, 2014

Throughout this entire film I couldn't help but think about 2013's Blackfish and how inferior The Cove is to it. The biggest problem with The Cove is that I never felt the impending danger. We get told that a lot of horrible stuff is happening but I never felt like the situation was that bad. In the final fifteen minutes we finally get to see the horrible stuff and it definitely lives up to the hype but it comes way…