• Kelly Magovern

★★★★ Watched by Kelly Magovern 16 Aug, 2014

I remember Oprah covered this story back in 2009. She had the filmmakers on her show and I watched the episode thinking, "Okay, I get it." And so, I never actually watched the whole documentary. So, here I am in 2014 and I thought, "Eh, maybe I should watch the whole thing." It was very good, but since I already knew about it, I didn't feel that overwhelming shock that one might feel seeing it for the first time.

• Shade1978

★★★★★ Rewatched by Shade1978 15 Aug, 2014

Shocking first time round Shockng 2nd time around. Must Watch!!!

• joelymalereview

★★ Watched by joelymalereview 09 Aug, 2014

Throughout this entire film I couldn't help but think about 2013's Blackfish and how inferior The Cove is to it. The biggest problem with The Cove is that I never felt the impending danger. We get told that a lot of horrible stuff is happening but I never felt like the situation was that bad. In the final fifteen minutes we finally get to see the horrible stuff and it definitely lives up to the hype but it comes way…

• Isaac von Schmitt

★★★★ Watched by Isaac von Schmitt 31 Jul, 2014

As much as this film moved me as a marine biology student, I'm only giving it 4 stars because, to be honest, I don't think it went far enough. I know its more of a "get this info out there" kind of film, but the sad thing is, most people who have seen it have probably forgotten about it.

• Ali Heidari

★★★★★ Watched by Ali Heidari 26 Jun, 2014

Words can hardly describe how powerful this documentary is, and the lengths to which human cruelty can extend to. Louie Psihoyos and his team infiltrate a secret cove near Taiji, Japan and expose a brutal instance of animal cruelty. This film opens your eyes to the truly devastating fates of thousands of dolphins, who are slaughtered without remorse.Being an animal lover, and my dream to become a zoologist, this film has really inspired me to be active and do whatever…

• Garrett the Mad

★★★★★ Watched by Garrett the Mad 03 Jun, 2014

Maybe the most disturbing movie I've ever seen. As awful as the actions in Blackfish seemed, they pale in comparison to what OPS captured happening to the Taiji dolphins.

I couldn't help but look up whether the slaughtering of dolphins in that lagoon is continuing today, 5 years after the documentary was released to massive acclaim, raising awareness of what's happening. Of course it is. Because that's the way the world works, right?

• Matthew Vallée

★★★½ Watched by Matthew Vallée 30 May, 2014

Watching this film made me very angry not only because of how horribly violent it was, but also because of how senseless the violence was. It's baffling to see these people being so cruel without giving it a second thought, all for the purpose of harvesting meat which is far too poisonous for human consumption. The film really takes its time building up to the main footage of the slaughter and focuses a lot of time behind the scenes of…

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★½ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

The Cove documentary film directed by Psihoyos. Portions who worked as photographer for National Geographic. The documentary won Best Documentary Oscar Award as well as the U.S. Audience Award at Sundance Film Festival.

The documentary covers the secret filming of illegal killings of dolphins with spears at Taiji dolphin drive by Japanese fishermen, sighting it as consuming up small fish to the point that fishery industry almost goes scarce. The number of dolphins killed is 23,000 yearly..

I have read…

• MonkeyOls

Watched by MonkeyOls 21 May, 2014

Possibly the most heart-breaking film I've ever seen.

• Zombie Gene Siskel

Added by Zombie Gene Siskel

An award winning documentary about Japanese fisherman trying to eke out a living with a dying trade.

• stella_ch

★★★★★ Watched by stella_ch 06 May, 2014

Horrific/Important film

• ApeLincoln

★★★★★ Watched by ApeLincoln 03 May, 2014

The Ocean's Eleven of documentaries, which tells a harrowing tale about the mass slaughter of dolphins.