• Manda

★★★★ Watched by Manda 10 Apr, 2014

Very sad.... yet very powerful..

• MisstressFire

★★★★ Added by MisstressFire

This movie is mental but highly educational.

• Dnl Crnll

★★★ Added by Dnl Crnll

The Japanese love to wrap themselves up in tradition and culture as if it will shield themselves from hypocrisy, cruelty and war crimes. Land of the rising sun consider yourselves publicly shamed.

• Dave

★★★★½ Added by Dave

The best documentary I’ve seen in a long, long time. It also happens to be one of the most entertaining ones I’ve ever seen. It’s structured like an old fashioned thriller, featuring activists risking their lives in their attempts to shed light at the disturbing Japanese tradition of slaughtering dolphins for profit. You will be moved and furious at the same time.

• The_Jordy

★★★★ Watched by The_Jordy 25 Mar, 2014

I HAVE JUST WITNESSED THE DEEPEST, MOST UNDERNIABLE EVIL HUMANS EVER, BUT I HAVE ALSO JUST SEEN THE MOST HEART-FELT, WARM, WANTING CHANGE HUMANS EVER, BOTH IN THE SAME DOCUMENTARY. I'M SPEECHLESS, I NEED TO SIT DOWN, I NEED TO THINK.

• Omar Arteaga

★★★★★ Watched by Omar Arteaga 16 Mar, 2014 2

Aunque informen excelentemente al expectador y de cierta manera lo preparen para el final, simplemente no esperaba o no estaba listo para ver tales imágenes.

En The Cove narran los hechos y la información de una manera muy acorde al tema. Existe tensión en algunos momentos y otros se guardan para el impacto. El resultado final no es inesperado y los sentimientos que genera son fruto de todo el desarrollo y la cruel realidad que se había mostrado.

Y en…

• RickyHaze

★★★★ Added by RickyHaze

Horrible acts from the Japanese. A very good documentary that exposes a business that should be shutdown.

• Dirk van Eck

★★½ Watched by Dirk van Eck 06 Feb, 2014

049/100

Convincing as it might be, this documentary rested on emotional appeal through animal slaughter solely to underwrite its key message. I would have hoped for more insights into the politics that made these events possible, rather than perpetuate a ‘blame the Japanese’-paradigm. Yet, this was some powerful stuff.

• Stephen Ferraioli

★★★★★ Watched by Stephen Ferraioli 03 Mar, 2014

My immediate reaction to "The Cove" was to bring my DVD to work the next day and find someone to give it to. As soon as I get it back, I will be lending out to someone else. And so on. Because this is the kind of movie that begs (almost literally) to be seen, and earns every last viewing.

I think most of what makes "The Cove" an compelling doc is pretty obvious, so I'll just mention a couple…

• Fesapo

★★★★ Watched by Fesapo 22 Feb, 2009

89/100

• Richard DeLong

★★★★ Watched by Richard DeLong 12 Feb, 2014

Finally got around to watching this doc that I've put off for some time now. My knee-jerk reaction: Sure it's a piece of propaganda, a damn good one at that, but it rarely tries to masquerade itself as anything else. Equal parts infuriating and depressing; It left me with little hope for humanity. The slaughtering of the dolphins in bloody water is an image I won't soon forget. I'll have some pretty shaky sleep tonight at best.

• Naughty

★★★★★ Rewatched by Naughty 09 Feb, 2014

A real life thriller that will take you on an emotionally charged roller coaster ride!

The most gut wrenching images ever captured on film!

A Must See!